Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E13: All Is Lost

• Start Topic

This is getting so tiresome, watching the bad guy keep winning every damn episode. There’s no balance.

I’ve never liked any iteration of Lucy, and I despised her on Supergirl. And she’s worse on this show with her litany of self-pity.

• Love 4

Clark really took Jordan to the Fortress and left Jonathan to do all the chores alone. 😒 Clark's favoritism between his sons this season has been almost as annoying as Jordan's one-track mind about Sarah. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 6

Jordan, you are 15 years old. Yeah, Sarah is your first love. It is not your place to share such a secret with her. She will carry it for years. By the time you are 17, you may be in love with someone else.

No one seems to be winning against the bad guys. Ally is too powerful.

Maybe Supe's brother will help save him - take him around the sun to get his powers back. It looked pretty grim for Supes.

Lucy, smell the Ally and the coffee. She doesn't want to help you and most likely only wants to suck you dry.

Lana, I get not wanting to be around Lois and Clark, but you can come up with a far better excuse. Where can you find Sarah a place to sing? A coffee house?

Well, at least Ally isn't dull. Yeah, she's been peeling off wins at a rate not seen since Cliff DeVoe hassled Flash back in the day, but it hasn't been a total story drag.

If Jordan starts going to the Fortress on his own, maybe he could build his own soundproof room for . . . private time. Man, the boy is . . . I don't think "simp" is the best word, but he doesn't seem capable of gaining new perspective. That's ironic, given that he can fly around. And then Lana slams the gate on him, and that sucks because being mean to that kid must feel like poking a puppy in the eyes. Jonathan is less . . ."wooby" . . . so it's okay to imagine him getting five across the eyes.

16 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Where can you find Sarah a place to sing? A coffee house?

Now I'm getting flashbacks of The Raven from Smallville. Was that the name of the place? You know, the old theater that Lana wound up running for a while.

1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I’ve never liked any iteration of Lucy, and I despised her on Supergirl. And she’s worse on this show with her litany of self-pity.

How many iterations have you seen? I think that was a Lucy on Smallville, but that would require checking and I don't want to do that.

Jordan didn't know what a Kesel Run was. He made Clark feel so old.

I got a kick out of Sarah's reaction to Lana comparing her singing/songwriting to Alanis Morissette ("Who's Alanis Morissette?"). Even though I am at least 3 decades older than Lana, Clark, and Lois, I enjoy this show in large part because I can relate to the problems that the parents on this show have with their teenagers. And what parent of a teenager hasn't been made to feel old when their kid doesn't know about a musical star from the parent's youth? It was especially funny to me because even I know and like at least some of Alanis Morissette's music, despite the generation gap.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

ow I'm getting flashbacks of The Raven from Smallville. Was that the name of the place?

No. It was The Talon.

9 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

How many iterations have you seen? I think that was a Lucy on Smallville,

The one on The Adventures of Lois & Clark. I'm just grateful we didn't have one in the animated series.

19 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

No. It was The Talon.

The one on The Adventures of Lois & Clark. I'm just grateful we didn't have one in the animated series.

Just be glad it's not the original Silver Age Lucy from the comics. SHE was a straight-up bitch most of the time, especially when it came to how she treated her boyfriend, Jimmy Olsen!

• Applause 1

Poor Jonathan. He tried talking to Clark about how he was feeling and, although he had a nice moment with Clark, it still kind of turned out to not just be about him, but him and Jordan. And then Clark takes off to have fun training time with Jordan while Jonathan has to do the chores all on his own. I am glad they seem to be dealing with this, though. I was afraid they'd sweep Jonathan's treatment under the rug. But with them actively acknowledging it, it looks like it's an actual plot point that they'll need Clark to address.

I did enjoy Clark training Jordan, though. Bad CGI aside (and I mean REAL bad CGI), it was nice to see Clark finally put in the effort with Jordan's training. I did feel bad for Jordan getting reamed out by Lana, whose tone was 100% too harsh with a kid she doesn't know THAT well.

I'm glad Lana figured out her attitude has sucked lately, and maybe her getting closure with Kyle, however that may be, will help.

Lucy's frustrating to watch, but I guess that's how brainwashed cult members can be. On a better written show, she'd have more layers to add sympathy. But with a CW show, it's not going to be very nuanced so we get THIS Lucy. Hopefully, with Sam almost dying, it knocks her back into reality.

So, with Clark now out of the running to stop Ally (at least for now), how are they going to get out of this mess? I am thrilled we had Natalie save Superman, though. Amazing moment for her since she's been underused all season.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I did feel bad for Jordan getting reamed out by Lana, whose tone was 100% too harsh with a kid she doesn't know THAT well.

And Lana herself recognized afterwards that she'd been too hard on Jordan. On the other hand, Jordan also admitted that Lana was right. Sarah is mature enough that she can handle knowing the truth, but Jordan isn't yet experienced enough with his powers to be able to protect her 24/7 once she does learn the truth and acquires a target on her back as a result of learning it. Not even his father can do that, as Lana reminded him and as his own parents would have also told him based upon their own experiences going back to long before Jordan and Jonathan were even born.

• Love 3
(edited)

I really can’t stand that news reporter lady Lois works with. It feels like all she ever does is give Lois the third degree.

With all the emphasis on how dangerous and difficult it is to carry the superman secret I’m wondering why Clarke had to tell Lana? She’s not family and despite the show trying to tell me otherwise they really aren’t that close. Apart from making him feel like a better friend to her I’m struggling to see what’s in it for her. 

I don’t get what Lois was supposed to have done to Lucy to ruin her life. I get it was a tough childhood but Lucy seems to like making stupid decisions that hurt people and I don’t really get her motivation. She just comes off like an idiot. I really need Lois to stop apologising to her and just tell her to fuck off at this point.

I really wish Kyle and Lana would work it out. Or if they’re not going to at least have him interact with the rest of the cast a bit more so he’s not as isolated.

Clark owes Jonathan an apology. His favouritism towards Jordan is ridiculous.

Edited by Avabelle
  • Love 3
54 minutes ago, Avabelle said:

With all the emphasis on how dangerous and difficult it is to carry the superman secret I’m wondering why Clarke had to tell Lana? She’s not family and despite the show trying to tell me otherwise they really aren’t that close. Apart from making him feel like a better friend to her I’m struggling to see what’s in it for her. 

They expect Bizarro Lana to come looking for her so they can merge. Letting Lana in on Clark and Jordan's secret was part of their approach to warning her as well as to explaining why she had been kidnapped by Bizarros in the first place.

I was understanding of Lana last week, but she was seriously out of line with Jordan. He's only a kid who just found out about this huge secret a few months ago, its not like any of this was his fault, her yelling at him like that was way out of line. She's lucky that Lois is busy and still feels bad about the secrets, no way under any other circumstances would she let an adult talk to her son like that. She isn't exactly wrong, as even Jordan admitted, but she didn't have to be so shitty about it. As annoying as Jordan's teenage angsty love can be, he hardly deserved that. At least she realized right away that she screwed up and said later that she knew how she was handling things was wrong. 

I am glad that they seem to be finally heading towards really dealing with the favoritism, that Clark has shown Jordan since he got his powers, I have been worried that it would get brushed under the rug but it seems like they are actually going to deal with it soon. He did at least have a nice moment with Jonathan, but then it immediately became about Jordan again. Clark running off to have flying lessons with Jordan while Jonathan did all of the chores, which was supposed to be a father/sons bonding project, was hard to watch, poor Jonathan. 

Lucy makes me want to tear my hair out, she's lucky the Lanes are apparently in a forgiving mood after she almost got her own father and brother in law killed. I guess that's how it is when people join cults, they just blindly follow their leader after being brainwashed, but its still frustrating. Especially listening to her whine about how Lois doesn't love her and how everything wrong with Lucy is her fault, what a load of crap. Maybe Lois would find you to be less of a burden if you didn't join cults run by supervillains?

Natalie and John fighting together was awesome, Natalie even got to save Clark! 

• Applause 2
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Natalie and John fighting together was awesome, Natalie even got to save Clark! 

I liked John's reaction when he saw that Natalie's warsuit was superior to his because she had made some upgrades to his original design that he'd never even thought of. I think that that's when he realized that she's very much her father's daughter and that he can't keep trying to protect her as though she were a helpless little girl anymore.

Did anyone else find the Bizarro version of the Eiffel Tower as amusing as I did?

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Jordan didn't know what a Kesel Run was. He made Clark feel so old.

8 hours ago, Paloma said:

I got a kick out of Sarah's reaction to Lana comparing her singing/songwriting to Alanis Morissette ("Who's Alanis Morissette?"). Even though I am at least 3 decades older than Lana, Clark, and Lois, I enjoy this show in large part because I can relate to the problems that the parents on this show have with their teenagers. And what parent of a teenager hasn't been made to feel old when their kid doesn't know about a musical star from the parent's youth? It was especially funny to me because even I know and like at least some of Alanis Morissette's music, despite the generation gap.

Jordan didn't know what a Kessel Run was.  I loved the exasperated "I have failed you as a father" look on Clark.  I mean honestly Clark, you should have introduced the boys to "Star Wars" when they were 6!

Sarah doesn't know who Alanis Morrisette is.  Too funny.

However.... Jon made an El Debarge reference last season.  Which makes no sense now.  These 15 year olds know who El Debarge is but they don't know Star Wars or Alanis?  I call foul.  The writers thought they were being clever by having Jon refer to "Jor El Debarge" but now look foolish in trying to make the kids completely ignorant of their parents' pop culture.

1 hour ago, Avabelle said:

I really can’t stand that news reporter lady Lois works with. It feels like all she ever does is give Lois the third degree.

I don’t get what Lois was supposed to have done to Lucy to ruin her life. I get it was a tough childhood but Lucy seems to like making stupid decisions that hurt people and I don’t really get her motivation. She just comes off like an idiot. I really need Lois to stop apologising to her and just tell her to fuck off at this point.

I have despised Chrissy since the beginning.  I don't like her "intrepid reporter" personality and how she's always complaining about Lois.  I also don't understand why she saw General Lane and Superman getting drained by Ally so she called Lane's cell phone and that's how John knew where they were?

I think Lucy blames Lois because after their mom left, she felt like she had nobody.  Their dad was super busy with work at the military and was unavailable.  I'm not sure how much older Lois is than Lucy, but I imagine Lucy felt abandoned all over again by Lois when Lois was spending time building her career and getting married.  Then Lois investigated the cult that Lucy was in and I think Lucy viewed it as a betrayal.

If there was a way to merge Ally, Lucy and Chrissy all together at once and cause them to explode into a splatter of guts like what happens on "The Boys", I would be so happy.

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, blackwing said:

If there was a way to merge Ally, Lucy and Chrissy all together at once and cause them to explode into a splatter of guts like what happens on "The Boys", I would be so happy.

There were soooo many comments I wanted to heart, but I'll just go with the above quote.  Hearted to the max!

• Applause 1

Why is it we only get two episodes then have to wait two weeks for the next episode, then it will be end of season.

A lot of people will get fed up with this keep happening & stop watching when it comes back, if it gets another season that is.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Avabelle said:

I know, right? On one hand, he tells her, because he has to, what with her Bizzaro version out there (and I really wish we could have one or two lines of "Am you Superman's mommy?"* You know, how Bizzaro ACTUALLY talked like?), but then she's all whinging about "soooo many sekriths!" which again, took me back to Smallville's Lana. 

Which is it? You can't have it both ways.

And this is why I'm always on the side of Clark or any hero, male or female (Kara, for instance), who wishes to not tell everyone about their powers, but only loved ones like Lois for Clark, etc.

Because one, you get bitchfesting about WHY they LIIIIIIEEDDDDDD, and then complaints about how HARRRRRRRD it is to keep the secret, as Lana was doing last night.

*JLU: "The Great Brain Robbery"

• Love 4

The flying lesson reminded me of Peter Petrelli on Heroes. I'm like, NOOOO, it's much safer to start on the ground and try to get aloft than to start at the top of something tall and jump off,hoping you'll get the hang of things before you go splat.

2 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

Did anyone else find the Bizarro version of the Eiffel Tower as amusing as I did?

Yes! I was wondering just how it managed to stay standing.

Yet again, we have fantasy medicine where defibrillation manages to fix a flat-line.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

but Jordan isn't yet experienced enough with his powers to be able to protect her 24/7 once she does learn the truth and acquires a target on her back as a result of learning it.

But villains won't know that she knows. What actually might put her in danger is being in a relationship with Jordan, which Lana also doesn't want. But even then, if anyone knows she’s his ex, she might still be used against him, because you don’t expect people to be indifferent to the fate of their exes.

I was waiting for Jordan to say, “Sarah broke up with me because I couldn’t tell her what I was doing when I was actually saving her dad’s life from that fire. Does this seem fair to you?“

• Like 1
  • Love 2

This was just an exasperating episode. Lana needs to take several seats, I'm tired of so much of the show being dedicated to her family and their drama.

Does Lucy know that Clark is Superman? I hope she finally got a clue about Ally. I'm so sick of Ally, she needs to go by any means necessary.

Kyle dying a heroes death would just open the door for more Lana family drama eating up every episode, please no. If anything let him in on "the secret" and make him relevant.

• Love 5

Clarj knew that she sucked power and could get it from him. Why did he jump in fri t of her. Why didn’t he ram her from the back? Or grab the humans? 

liked his showing Jordan flying the way jor el showed him. It must be huge for Clark to be able to do this. And yes hard on Jonathan. 

The secret thing is a 14 year old boy issue, very black and white. Of course Clark should keep it a secret. Not just for safety but for privacy and to protect quality of life. Or because he wants to. He doesn’t owe rhe world his whole life.  Lana is hurt because she thought she knew someone who turns out to have this huge part of his life (and her Lois’s life) that he didn’t trust her with. Most people don’t know Clark that well.

• Love 1

Clark and Jordan's joy over the training sequence and learning to fly was delightful, but damn, Clark really is not helping himself over showing clear favoritism towards Jordan over Jonathan.  On some levels, I understand why he might prioritize Jordan's issues due to how having powers could cause a lot of problems if unchecked, but there has to be a better way here that doesn't involve him giving Jonathan the shaft like this.  As I said before, I think Jonathan is too good at heart to ever go over to the side of villainy, but I almost wouldn't blame him at this point if he did.

Hate to say it, but you kind of suck right now, Lana.  I get your initial reaction and concerns going forward, but you are clearly going to do more harm than good by keeping the Kents at a distance and causing friction like this.  Oh, and then yelling at a clearly distraught teen like that.  At least she kind of sees that she's become kind of lame, now?  The question is will she do anything to change it.

I feel like we really needed more flashback sequences of Lois and Lucy instead of Lucy and Ally to understand their issues because Lucy really does just come off like an idiot who is blaming all of her problems on Lois for... reasons.  Not surprised that Sam (and maybe Lois?) will keep giving her chances, but even if she finally (fingers crossed) realizes she is on the wrong side of things, I really wouldn't put that much faith in her at this point.

Not surprised Irons initially pushed back over Natalie suiting up, but I'm glad he's already changed his mind.

Still can't believe Kyle of all people has shot up into my favorite list.  Man, I hope this doesn't mean I doomed him....

Ally's grand plan is to take all this life force she's been draining and use it to merge both planets instead.  Having multiple universes is never easy, isn't it?!

• Applause 1
  • Love 2
On 6/9/2022 at 4:17 PM, Affogato said:

Clarj knew that she sucked power and could get it from him. Why did he jump in fri t of her. Why didn’t he ram her from the back? Or grab the humans? 

That’s part of trying to fill an hour with drama. Last episode, when Clark wanted to destroy the pendant, I immediately thought, “Fly out and throw it in the sun.” I mean, sure, two sets of laser eyes and a volcano are pretty strong. But not as strong as THE SUN!

• LOL 1
On 6/9/2022 at 6:17 PM, Affogato said:

Clark was flying behind her. Ally heard him coming and immediately turned around to start absorbing his power.

14 hours ago, BeautifulFlower said:

Clark was flying behind her. Ally heard him coming and immediately turned around to start absorbing his power.

But why, basically. He can evade. I understand it is writing, but it would be simple to write the scene so Clark gets the humans away without getting hurt. He could have burrowed from beneath, for all that. 

• Love 1
On 6/9/2022 at 11:08 PM, thuganomics85 said:

Ally's grand plan is to take all this life force she's been draining and use it to merge both planets instead.  Having multiple universes is never easy, isn't it?!

I'm still not clear on why. I assume the remaining people will be different people and not necessarily her loyal followers. does the added merging give her enough power to oh, take over the universe and become an actual god? Does she care if Earth survives? Still not sure how the two pendants came to be and how Ally and her family knew about them. 

• Love 2
On 6/8/2022 at 4:29 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

And this is why I'm always on the side of Clark or any hero, male or female (Kara, for instance), who wishes to not tell everyone about their powers, but only loved ones like Lois for Clark, etc.

Because one, you get bitchfesting about WHY they LIIIIIIEEDDDDDD, and then complaints about how HARRRRRRRD it is to keep the secret, as Lana was doing last night.

Lena Luther is exhibit #1. We had to spend a whole season of her throwing a temper tantrum and sulking about the whole thing. And Lana is closely acting the same way. I get it she’s a little mad but this much? There is no reason for it. Unless it’s jealousy about Clark finding happiness with Lois, while she was stuck in Smallville with jerk Kyle. It’s the only reason I can think of to go after Lois like that and Jordan. 

• Applause 2
On 6/8/2022 at 5:29 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

I know, right? On one hand, he tells her, because he has to, what with her Bizzaro version out there (and I really wish we could have one or two lines of "Am you Superman's mommy?"* You know, how Bizzaro ACTUALLY talked like?), but then she's all whinging about "soooo many sekriths!" which again, took me back to Smallville's Lana. 

Which is it? You can't have it both ways.

*JLU: "The Great Brain Robbery"

Not that I want to defend all the secrets-and-lies whining, but some of it is justified. In contexts like S&L and particularly Smallville, where the loved one is regularly in danger because of the secret, it seems like a jerk move to not share it. Keeping them in the dark about the secret increases the chances of them being harmed or even killed because they don't know to reach out to Clark to saaaaaaaaaave them. (or it would if the characters were not protected by the thickest of plot armor).

On 6/8/2022 at 5:34 PM, blackwing said:

While watching I was thinking, "Is it wrong to wish Lucy would die?"   Ally has a super-punchable face and a smugness to match but she's proving to be a relentless villain.   As for Chrissy ... Great Caesar's ghost!  I thought Jonathan had made the greatest sacrifice moving to Smallville but here's Lois not only having to answer to Chrissy who maybe could have landed a job as proofreader at the Daily Planet, but also having to fend off her condescension at every turn.   And what kind of name is Beppo?  Wasn't he one of the Marx Bros.?

Wow, way to make me feel old. The Kessel Run? Alanis Who? What sort of cultural upbringing are kids getting these days?

I’m starting to wonder if TPTB understand how the military works. Generals are well aware that sending too few people to do a job is a good way of getting people killed (and tipping off your enemies in the process). There’s a reason the FBI use overwhelming force in a confrontation – it saves lives (at least, that’s the theory).

Chrissy you had one job – and you botched it. The idea is to call in the cavalry before the people you're watching out for are nearly killed. But at least Ally managed to do what Lois’ words couldn’t!

Even if I don’t care about the family drama, I’m glad the Cushing/Cortez family are doing better.

On 6/8/2022 at 4:02 AM, Frozendiva said:

Maybe Supe's brother will help save him - take him around the sun to get his powers back.

Shouldn’t the DoD have Supes under a UV lamp? They seem to know the effect of radiation on Kal and Mon-El, so you'd think they'd try something along those lines.