Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E80: Where Are They Now: Boston

• Start Topic

It's been five months since Decision Day, and the couples from Boston are working to adapt to their new relationships and lives.  The couples decide to go on a group getaway to reconnect and confront some unresolved issues while some of the singles attempt to find love again with past MAFS divorcees.

Airs Wednesday June 1 at 8:00PM EDT.

(edited)

So far this episode is enjoyable!

I hope Steve suggests a double-date of him, Noi, Mark, and Steve's sister's friend Crystal. Mark might feel less pressure then!

I'd  like to follow them and Chris and Olivia!

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 4
(edited)

What ~ there's another episode for this season 😳 I just realised I missed the last episode and came here to see if there was a new season starting lol.

Edited by endure
(edited)

So, the new and improved Alyssa is now a nice person?  I don’t buy it.  Can’t forget the very mean person she was to Chris .. that’s the real Alyssa.  I can barely look at her now.  She picked a good friend in Jasmina, who is also condescending, so they will get along nicely.  Birds of a feather.

I loved that Chris and Olivia got together.  They picked each other which is good.

Mark looks great.  I think Lindsey really cared for him and is sad that it didn’t work out no matter what she says.  She blew it.  He looks relieved.

I don’t get the new “O”.  He did a 180.  Looks like Katina is calling the shots now.

Im liking Marks new date Crystal.  She seems very nice for him, and not hyper.  He looks at ease with her.

Edited by kristen111
  • Love 14
(edited)

WTF?  Alyssa is done with Ryan already as she found out he’s friendly with Lindsey?  Alyssa is mental.  She’s telling him how it is right off the bat.  Then she leaves him sitting there.  Hey Alyssa, you will never find a husband.  I just can’t with this girl.  Wish she would leave.   This is starting to get interesting.  Lots of twists.  This big gathering at the house looks like something will happen, and I’m sure Lindsey is involved.

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 1
  • Love 10
(edited)

Alyssa must have threatened to sue the show for not giving her the husband she ordered. There is no other explanation for her getting all this air time 😆

Edited by DocTerv
Missing words make me sound dumb
  • Like 3
  • Love 10
(edited)

If I were Steve, I would tell Lindsey “I’ll consider a private conversation with you when you are sober.” She stumbled into the kitchen to ask Steve to chat.  Neither Steve or Noi looked super comfortable being trapped in a room with drunk, sobbin’ Linds.

Edited by Cancun
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, DocTerv said:

Alyssa must have threatened to sue the show for not giving her the husband she ordered. There is no other explanation for her getting all this air time 😆

Right?  It’s over done.  It seems like she is everywhere, with a puss on her face.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, DocTerv said:

Way, way, way too much Alyssa. She is a vapid nonentity and needs to be ignored. No one asked for this. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 20
(edited)

Producer 1:  What can we do for the "Where are they now" segment that hasn't been done before?

Producer 2: Match up the divorced with some divorced from previous seasons.

Producer 1: Any other ideas?

Producers 3,4,5,6: No.

Edited by Rightside
  • LOL 15
  • Love 6

Was this the finale?  Finally?  It was a miss/ mosh of everyone acting weird.  Sayings on some shirts that meant something.  Too much Alyssa with her acting apologetic, then rude.  Weird ending.

• Like 1
  • Love 5

They are really milking this season! I hate that Alyssa got so much airtime. At least she got her initial wish and got her hanging out with the girls time. 
Happy for Chris and Olivia, but not sure how a long distance relationship will work. 
I think this is the first time they showed an actual divorce (Mark and Lyndsey). 

• Love 4

Comedy gold and karma has its day! (Also record and FF is working so well that IF I watch San Diego, that'll be how.)

Ryan sitting there looking dead-eyed as usual. 

Fucking priceless. Ryan's nickname should be shark, dead eyes and all. Free trip to Boston, dude? Sure. Ryan and Lyndsey pals? Can't stand either one of them, so somehow their worst qualities attract? Or did he just reach out to her and bitch about the show? Make it make sense.

Jasmine saying she'll treat the next guy super great is her admitting she shit on Michael.

Thanks for getting Chris a date and making it up to Olivia for matching Bret. Awkward! 

Did Steve's sister tell whatshername to wear her lowest cut outfit for her date with Mark? At a place that had a big shark on the wall? (His regular hangout?) Heh, Mark ordered Detroit-style pizza. And enjoyed every bite.

Hey, Lindsey, it was close, but You're The Worst! Her poor dad, still trying to get her to shut her trap. But Noi's face at the end of the conversation between Steve and Lindsey was the best.

And Show, you are not redeemed. Not by a long shot.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
41 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Was this the finale?  Finally?  It was a miss/ mosh of everyone acting weird.  Sayings on some shirts that meant something.  Too much Alyssa with her acting apologetic, then rude.  Weird ending.

I hope it’s finally over now. Well and truly dead. I have a lingering dread though that - like in horror movies where you think the evil one is finally defeated - they’ll pop up again & make us all scream. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Meowwww said:

Alyssa going WAY off the chain with Ryan.  What a crazy person she is. 

She really dressed him down and for what?? Maybe anyone getting with Alyssa should fill our a questionnaire about anyone they may or may not know. Of course, she still went on about how SHE gave this and SHE did this and Ryan didn't give her the same. She is such a giver!!! 🙄🤢🤮

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
(edited)

So I’m late watching this,  all these fake  supposedly spontaneous conversations.   Oh look Alyssa proposed that Ryan come up and the entire  cast go away for the weekend/ this weekend. Really all of them are just magically available for This weekend?  Is this the Alyssa redemption tour - is she getting her ‘ experience’  after all? 

oh and look Olivia is invited to the get together too.  What the heck is either she or Ryan there for? 
what is Alyssa wearing on this bowling date? Yuck 

so Alyssa went on one date with Ryan  and she thinks she owned  him for the time before the date?  The fact that he talked to Lindsay on occasion before Alyssa and he met in person?  What the what? 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 1
  • Love 12

Alyssa saying she was betrayed was the funniest thing ever. Ryan doesn’t owe you anything. She can’t even hold it together one date without her inner bitch showing up to ruin things. Ryan dodged a bullet.  He was like WTF? I spent money on a plane trip for this?

I don’t see Olivia and Chris working out. She’s such a little priss to me with no joie de vivre. New Orleans is wasted on her. 
Mark was looking good and nice to see him having fun on the date. She was so normal, I wanted them to recruit her to be on the show.

Lindsey must have gotten a few therapy sessions under he belt before coming back. She said all the right things, but like Alyssa, she’ll always be a bitch. I hope she doesn’t bring anyone else into her misery ever again. 

• Like 4
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Aww, Alyssa rescuing a dog to show us she’s a good person.  I’m convinced!

And like hell is she ready to give it up. Have fun with you’re automaton “cowboy”. 

She choked up a little when she used those words.  Obviously reading comments.  Not so confident.  

Also, Mike wearing ring but Jephte and Olej not?   Just odd.  

If Chris and Olivia together, I like that.   Wonder how producers managed this twist of fate?   Oh, the money.  Must be aware the old eight eeeks kind of a bore now.  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Alyssa chewing out Ryan over Lindsey. 

Ryan sitting there looking dead-eyed as usual. 

Welp.   That was fun! 😆

Ryan was pretty nonplussed. Not surprised. 

It made me SO happy to see Alyssa's dream of riding off into the sunset with her cowboy 🤠, dashed.

• Like 1
  • Love 22

Producers script a lot of MAFS Australia and create relationships blending individuals from different couples.  I quit watching it for that reason.  A lot of relationships weren’t true.   If MAFS US is going that direction, I’m out totally.  I don’t watch scripted soaps and I won’t watch a scripted MAFS US.  

• Applause 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

I actually find it funny, and kind of perfect, that Alyssa got so much airtime tonight. I’m quite sure she was convinced that she was going to resurrect her reputation on this episode and all she did was reinforce how big of an insufferable bitch she is with absolutely laughable expectations of her partners (not that you can call someone a partner after one date, but in Alyssa-land, you can. And she is forever complaining that someone is disrespecting her…I see a drinking game in there somewhere…)

I bet Ryan is thinking Brett never looked so good after his trip to crazy town.

• Like 2
  • LOL 8
  • Love 11
10 minutes ago, Spectator said:

I actually find it funny, and kind of perfect, that Alyssa got so much airtime tonight. I’m quite sure she was convinced that she was going to resurrect her reputation on this episode and all she did was reinforce how big of an insufferable bitch she is with absolutely laughable expectations of her partners (not that you can call someone a partner after one date, but in Alyssa-land, you can. And she is forever complaining that someone is disrespecting her…I see a drinking game in there somewhere…)

I bet Ryan is thinking Brett never looked so good after his trip to crazy town.

Brett didn’t dress Ryan  down nearly as much when he signed up on that dating app during the show being filmed.  And she had a reason to be upset whereas Alyssa did not. 

• Love 9

It's funny how they pretend that the show isn't paying for the travel and the getaway. 

I was glad they extended the scene with Alyssa's tantrum to include the production people and his comments about not being there for the drama.  Whoever said he dodged a bullet was so right

• Like 1
  • Love 12

I stayed up 'til 2 a.m. watching this and all I got from it was one question: Which was worse--all the fake dates, Noi's "I smell a loaded diaper" face, or the failed redemption of Alyssa? Yawn.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 11

Why are O and Katina living in an apartment? He had his own house.  And then at the end he mentions getting a house someday with a white picket fence.  Wonder if that house was actually a rental.  

Noi is awful.  She has resting bitch face at all times.  I have no idea what Steve sees in her. Alyssa had more joy at the reunion weekend than Noi did.  I don’t think the other girls like her either.  She seems like such a drag.  And just stop with the stupid 3 kid conversation. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9

Noi never seems to say anything that isn’t a bitchy comment of some sort.  Along with the facial expressions.   SHe didn’t appear comfortable around Steve and her’s nieces. Probably hasn’t spent much time around kids.  She should wait until after she has kids 1 and 2 before being so adamant about 3.   Because I don’t think she will want a third one by then. 

I didn’t think Lindsay was drunk and slurring her words with Steve.   I thought she was trying not to cry.  She made a sincere apology with both Mark and Steve.  The problem with that is apologies don’t turn the clock back.
There is an anecdote that shows a teacher with a pristine piece of paper.  That’s a kid before you bully him.  Then she shows the paper crumpled.  That’s a kid after you bully him.  No apology can turn the crumpled paper back into the pristine  paper. 

I hope to never see Alyssa on my tv screen again.  She’s a spoiled princess who appears to think people can’t be friends with anyone but her. 

• Like 1
  • Love 11
(edited)

My (long) take on the, "Where Are They Now?" episode.

Steve and Noi will continue to go back and forth about living arrangements, kids and finances.  They'll eventually
figure it out.

Olajuwon and Katina "appear" happy with one another.  "O" does seem less over the top than earlier.  We'll see if it
lasts.

Micheal took the leap and agreed to confront Jasmina about her Reunion accusations.  Little did he know that Jasmeanie
is a skilled detractor.  And she will continue to live and die with "her truth".  I tend to believe Michael.

Mark and Lyndsey are so much better off divorced and living on separate coasts.  Mark's new friend (Crystal?) seems
very nice and is actually quite attractive.  SHE was the one who initiated meeting, which was co-signed by Steve and Noi.
I thought it was nice to see them holding hands at the end. I hope it works out for him.  Everyone seems to truly rally
around MTS.

It was nice that Lindsey handed out a few apologies. I think she's not only enjoying her California hot yoga and new
job.  Lyndsey's is probably secretly benefiting from some California therapy.  I find it hard to fathom she just all of a
sudden had some epiphany about boundaries.  Someone's helping her. Her father knows this and was quick to remind her not
to say much at the divorce. To just sign the papers.

Chris said it best in his talking head after his conversation with AlySSa.  This apology felf much more sincere because it
it was void of all the qualifiers.  Similar to Lyndsey, I think someone's been in AlySSa's ear and emphasized how much
of a bad look she displayed.  Last night was damage control...........well, sorta.

On a previous thread, my opinion was that Chris, Mark and Michael all dodged bullets and were MUCH better off.  I'd
like to amend my list. I'm adding Ryan to the list.

"Cowboy".  You, my friend lucked out before it went too far.  AlySSa is a "victim".  I can understand her not being a
fan of Lyndsey.  They'll probably remain mortal enemies forever.  But I did NOT witness any type of dishonesty or betrayal
on Ryan's part.  AlySSa has some issues of her own. Her demands are unrealistic.  She needs to continue working on
being "A Good Person".

On behalf of everyone else in the Great state of Texas, stay where you are AlySSa. We don't want your kind around these
parts.

Ryan, if by chance I run into you around Houston (not likely with over 6 million people in the area), I'll buy you a
round or two.  Stick with your "Barbies".

Edited by Sycophant4Lease
  • Like 2
  • Love 8

So when Ryan cheekily texted Alyssa that coming to Boston sounded like a terrible idea, he probably never knew how prophetic that comment actually was! Even the producer was like “what just happened??”

At least we got to see Alyssa pull an “Alyssa” again: where she irrationally complains to someone about how she was wronged then storms off without ever actually having an actual two-sided conversation about it. Yay! Great to see you again Alyssa!

• LOL 6
  • Love 8
(edited)
10 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

Alyssa is one of the most unpleasant people I have seen on this show. Why are they showing her so much? I don’t know why these women are friends with her. Glad to be rid of this group.

Her Father is probably a Lawyer.  “Give my Baby more air time or else”.  “Make her look like a good person, or else.”  Alyssa texting Ryan to come to Boston was weird.  That was thrown in for more air time.  It was stupid.

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, ChiMama said:

I hope it’s finally over now. Well and truly dead. I have a lingering dread though that - like in horror movies where you think the evil one is finally defeated - they’ll pop up again & make us all scream. 

Ahem...

image.thumb.png.aa6d796a473b70058cf0d2288b2df8e7.png

• Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
1 hour ago, Katie111 said:

Why are O and Katina living in an apartment? He had his own house.  And then at the end he mentions getting a house someday with a white picket fence.  Wonder if that house was actually a rental.  

I thought I read or heard somewhere that Olajuwon sold the house.

This episode was mostly producer arranged.  Like the dates - we've seen this before so come on, it's all arranged.  Nothing is for real.  The producers pay these people to go on dates with the divorced cast members I am sure.  At their expenses are paid and I'm sure they're compensated.  I didn't get the feeling there was really anything going on there between any of them, including Ryan and Alyssa, which is why it was so easy for her to throw him away like that.  Now that was all her, I'm sure.  But even having her on this episode was producer arranged and just more fodder to create drama for the show, that's why she was there.  I really doubt she pushed her way into it.  They don't care if people don't like her, they know they'll hate watch her anyway like a car wreck on the highway.

• Love 8

The show probably paid Olivia and Ryan to come to Boston.  There were many scenes that seemed manufactured.  O helping Mark buy clothes was also strange.  All that shopping for a golf shirt.  Alyssa and Jasmina are friends for a reason.  They are the same type.  I also noticed that Noi never really bonded with the other women on her season.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, Racj82 said:

I skipped most Alyssa scenes so I can't relate to the hatred.

Everything else was pretty pleasant. Minus Alyssa and Lyndsey, this gang gets along well.

Who is Lindsey kidding?  She was dying inside signing the divorce papers, and what was that thing she was wearing?  Porcupine?  This Match show has gone in a weird direction. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
17 minutes ago, LakeGal said:

The show probably paid Olivia and Ryan to come to Boston.  There were many scenes that seemed manufactured.  O helping Mark buy clothes was also strange.  All that shopping for a golf shirt.  Alyssa and Jasmina are friends for a reason.  They are the same type.  I also noticed that Noi never really bonded with the other women on her season.  

Re:  Paying the former cast members to come to Boston - I just said that myself above. 

I posted last week that I thought someone had picked out Mark's outfit for him.  No doubt it was Olajuwon.  Mark knows he needs help in that area, but I'm not sure Olaj is the right person to help him with it.  I did like that polo shirt on him, though.

I also noticed that Noi didn't really get too close to the other women.  I can't blame her for that although she is not someone I'd want to hang with anyway.  I did find it suspicious that she suddenly is on board with moving in with Steve and now wants only two kids.  And there was no explanation given as to why she changed her mind.  It makes me wonder whether all of that was just producer shenanigans again to make drama because otherwise they would have been another "boring" successful couple.  Same for Katina and Olaj.  How much did the show pay Olajuwon to act like an ass during the season?  Because now suddenly he's done a 180 about wanting a wife that's barefoot, pregnant and under his thumb?  And all the fake apologies (in spite of Chris saying Alyssa's seemed more genuine than last time).  I don't buy any of it.  This show is more and more fake with every season.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Like 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, LakeGal said:

I have never seen anyone eat a french fry like Mark's date.  She ate it in tiny pieces.  Very odd.

Lol, and how about those big boobs staring in his face.  I thought he would choke on his pizza.

• LOL 5

On the reunion episode, O said he sold it because it had too many memories of Isaac shenanigans plus the market is so hot that he got a good price for it.

• Love 4