Type keyword(s) to search

S42.E11: Battle Royale

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

The first castaway to drop out of the immunity challenge must take a chance on “Do or Die” to see if they remain in the game.

Original airdate 5/11/22

Arrrrgh Season 42, you are making it so hard for me to keep thinking of you as one of my favorite seasons! I kept watching the clock during that tribal, getting more frustrated as they kept talking and talking and TALKING, thinking "nooo there's not going to be time for a vote, Lindsay's doooomed". And then she wasn't lol.

Drea took that well, I think it's safe to say 😆

Romeo's look of panic when he had to vote first, and Maryanne forcibly closing her own dropped jaw were some slapstick highlights.

Good grief, my heart.

(edited)

This episode was almost perfect, and then it went south as soon as Drea told Omar about the KIP advantage.  And I don't care for Lindsey, so I was fine if she left via Do or Die.  Her seeming to obsess about Jonathan is getting old, especially saying he's keeping her from winning challenges.  Which, this is only his 2nd immunity win, so clearly other people have been keeping her from winning.  The necklace would probably be still sitting around Tori's neck if she hadn't been voted out.

I did get a laugh over Mike believing he was responsible for Hai's blindside.  I wanted him gone but he's good entertainment for how good he thinks he is at this game.  Still, Omar had a great opportunity and blew it.  He could have made a huge move by giving Mike this info and still voting him out.  I was rooting for him, but now I'm going for MaryAnne and Romeo.  Jonathan by absolute default.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 7

Drea orchestrated her own demise by not keeping her mouth shut.  No one knows MaryAnne has another idol…good for her.  

And a little power went to Omar’s head.  If they all start comparing notes, after Drea outed Omar, is going to put a target on him.  And Mike Still thinks he is running the game.  

• Love 11
(edited)

Seriously future Survivor players, if you have a Knowledge is Power advantage, you are very wise to keep that to yourself. 

I fully agree that Drea had the best and classiest exit ever.

Congrats on your Idol Lindsay!

Edited by vb68
  • Love 21
(edited)

7 minutes ago, Brendan Birch said:
9 minutes ago, Carey said:

Yeah, Omar blew it there.  Probably a safe pick for someone for the finals, but it doesn't sound like he cares

He either wanted Drea gone, Mike in the game as his goat to the end, or both.  Either way, Drea outing him on the way out may not be good for him.

Upon much thought, I think he doesn't get to the end, since his survival could mean someone else would go before him (a la Season 12)

Edited by Carey
5 minutes ago, vb68 said:

Seriously future Survivor players, if you have a Knowledge is Power advantage, you are very wise to keep that to yourself. 

I fully agree that Drea had the best and classiest exit ever.

Congrats on your Idol Lindsay!

I like to think if it's around after this season contestants will.  However, other Survivor's who have idols may be aware of its presence, which could still somehow foul it up.  I just hope we go back to idols next season.  No extra votes or shipwheel island protect/risk your votes or amulets or gemstones or limestones or whatever else they think up that's just a normal advantage from season's past under a new assumed name.

Drea's exit was nothing like I was expecting.  Seriously, pretty much everyone so far as been very good natured at their boots. 

• Love 21

I have come full circle on MaryAnne. I think I'm rooting for her. She's been an underdog the whole time and underestimated. And somehow now she annoys me a lot less than some of these other people. ( Hello Mike!)

• Love 20
8 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

I just hope we go back to idols next season.  No extra votes or shipwheel island protect/risk your votes or amulets or gemstones or limestones or whatever else they think up that's just a normal advantage from season's past under a new assumed name.

No idols.  I mean, don't tell them.  Let them look all they want, just don't let them find anything. Good, old-fashioned play until you get stabbed in the back.

• LOL 3
  • Love 15

I don't think they can go back to "old fashioned" Survivor.  I'd love for them to look for one in a year that there isn't one; that would make for some great television.  It would be fair enough since they have more benefit from past seasons than ever before.

However, you have to give some people a chance to survive, especially early in the game where a tribe can throw it in order to boot someone just for dislike.  Post merge?  It depends.  Not all ICs are created equal or fair, and I could go either way

• Love 4

Actually, now that I think about it, they can always put some twist on the KIP advantage to make it work.  Like, the person who has it can ask someone else if the first person doesn't have it, or there be some 'finder's rule', where whoever found it has to turn it over to the KIP (even if they gave it to someone else for safekeeping) or they forfeit the idol because they did that.  They've put twists on idols and advantages before, so maybe.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

Actually, now that I think about it, they can always put some twist on the KIP advantage to make it work.  Like, the person who has it can ask someone else if the first person doesn't have it, or there be some 'finder's rule', where whoever found it has to turn it over to the KIP (even if they gave it to someone else for safekeeping) or they forfeit the idol because they did that.  They've put twists on idols and advantages before, so maybe.

The problem they have now is filming seasons back to back so they can’t use audience feedback to tweak the show.  

• Love 2
1 minute ago, DEL901 said:

The problem they have now is filming seasons back to back so they can’t use audience feedback to tweak the show.  

S43 is filming now, but TPTB would know how the audience feels about KIP and Do or Die.  I don't know if either of those twists will be back next season or how they'll play out, but they might return them with a twist more so so that the players can't outsmart the advantages.  

• Love 2

For instance, maybe yet another twist that would protect a player from being the victim of KIP.  Or even something that'll make one player swap with another player that's up against do or die (which, if so, I would totally love that)

(edited)

I’m really curious what would have happened if Lindsey chose not to play in the immunity challenge. Would they just have given it to Jonathan straight up without doing the challenge and then even after Jeff’s speech they wouldn’t have been able to play Do or Die?

Edited by Cotypubby
  • Useful 5
  • Love 13

When tribal started at 8:40 or 42 ( before 8:45, I think ) my thought was that there 'had' to be a vote, because if Lindsey had picked the skull, we would have had way too much time left. I suppose they could have filled it talking, but the same thing happened last season. I was right but really just based on an assumption. 

It was a pretty exciting tribal, given what happened- even though it was fairly obvious that Drea was doomed once her steal an idol ploy failed. If these players had been able to watch the  last season, she might have realized the switch could happen. I bet after this season, any player that is on his/her toes will, at least, consider that when they try the steal. Or maybe the producers will invent something brand new ? Who knows ? Still, not a bad episode.

• Love 2

Now that's how you exit! Props to Drea. She made it fun...the polar opposite of Hai's faker than fake exit last week.

With that said...it was an exit that didn't have to happen. Not hat I 'd ever be out there but if I was....not ONE  SINGLE solitary soul would I share with any advantage or idol that I posses...because that leaves you open to a rat like Omar to exploit it. Happens year after year and yet players NEVER learn.

Last year I speculated that a special effects/prop master could have easily made the box display what you want via some hidden stud triggered by Jeff. It might sound tin foily but producers love high drama and they would have known all the scheming of what to do if Lindsey got the flame would be for naught so they triggered it. Just like they probably did last season. Can't prove it but I believe it.

Hard to believe that Orange is all still together...this late in the game. Amazing!

The only thing I do not want to see at this point is a Mike,Romeo and Omar final three. Really don't want any of them to win. The other three I would be very happy with whoever won.

• Love 6
(edited)
27 minutes ago, Cotypubby said:

I’m really curious what would have happened if Lindsey chose not to play in the immunity challenge. Would they just have given it to Jonathan straight up without doing the challenge and then even after Jeff’s speech they wouldn’t have been able to play Do or Die?

Either that or have him play against the house.  If he lasts 16 minutes he wins a car and $10,000 (in addition to immunity).  If not, nothing more but is still guaranteed a one-in-six shot at the title.

You missed out on the biggest curiousity, Cotypubby.  I would love to have seen Lindsey and Jon pass on the IC in addition to everyone else.  That would've made for some interesting TV!

Edited by Carey
Jeff is the host, not the member of the tribe
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

Great episode for fans of strategy.  I did like Drea, I wish she hadn’t said anything to Omar. I found it interesting that she outed Omar as having betrayed her.  I’ve always wondered why people don’t say something like “hey everyone Jack has an idol and he is lying ti all of you about it” as they exit.  I had thought maybe it was against the rules.  But Omar deserved to be outed here, I hope it comes back to bite him.  But now he has Mike’s idol and may not give it back.  I’m still hoping that idol is nullified because Mike didn’t follow the rules.

I’m kind of surprised that five people chose not to play, like really?  Whatever happened to Mike and his “I came to play Jeff, I’m not sitting out” at the four people have to sit out to get rice challenge?  I guess he decided to sit out. 

29 minutes ago, Cotypubby said:

If Lindsey sat out then Jonathan wins immunity by default, and nobody plays Do or Die.  And there’s a regular vote.  

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, blackwing said:

Great episode for fans of strategy.  I did like Drea, I wish she hadn’t said anything to Omar. I found it interesting that she outed Omar as having betrayed her.  I’ve always wondered why people don’t say something like “hey everyone Jack has an idol and he is lying ti all of you about it” as they exit.  I had thought maybe it was against the rules.  But Omar deserved to be outed here, I hope it comes back to bite him.  But now he has Mike’s idol and may not give it back.  I’m still hoping that idol is nullified because Mike didn’t follow the rules.

I’m kind of surprised that five people chose not to play, like really?  Whatever happened to Mike and his “I came to play Jeff, I’m not sitting out” at the four people have to sit out to get rice challenge?  I guess he decided to sit out. 

I may have missed something about Mike breaking the rules.  Otherwise he would've been kicked out if he lied to Drea as mentioned by Probst.  I agree about him sitting out which goes against his beliefs.  OTOH, it could be he sensed an advantage or disadvantage for playing/sitting out.

Over the past 5-10 minutes, I had a good laugh and was sad about a missed opportunity tonight: I sorta wished there was a way that Drea could have asked Omar if he (and not Mike) had an idol.  That? Would have been a great move!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, Carey said:

I may have missed something about Mike breaking the rules.  Otherwise he would've been kicked out if he lied to Drea as mentioned by Probst.  I agree about him sitting out which goes against his beliefs.  OTOH, it could be he sensed an advantage or disadvantage for playing/sitting out.

Over the past 5-10 minutes, I had a good laugh and was sad about a missed opportunity tonight: I sorta wished there was a way that Drea could have asked Omar if he (and not Mike) had an idol.  That? Would have been a great move!

I think the not following the rules referred to Mike not saying his soccer phrase at every immunity challenge, which was required last season in order for the idol to be activated.   

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, LadyChatts said:

This episode was almost perfect, and then it went south as soon as Drea told Omar about the KIP advantage.  And I don't care for Lindsey, so I was fine if she left via Do or Die.  Her seeming to obsess about Jonathan is getting old, especially saying he's keeping her from winning challenges.  Which, this is only his 2nd immunity win, so clearly other people have been keeping her from winning.  The necklace would probably be still sitting around Tori's neck if she hadn't been voted out.

I might have it wrong, but in terms of II wins:

Tori had two, but she's out.

Hai had one, but he's out.

Jonathan had two and is the only one left in the game who has seriously competed in individual immunities. So I think it's fair for her to say that Jonathan is the main thing stopping her from going on an immunity run. Romeo and Omar don't seem to be at all individual immunity threats. Mike, maybe. Maryanne, tend to doubt it. 

Which is part of what makes the Do or Die challenge potentially suck. If you have a challenge monster like Jonathan, you're already disincentivized from going against him. But when you have a 66 percent chance of going home if you're the first one out, you are double-secret incentivized to not compete. 

1 hour ago, LadyChatts said:

The KIP advantage would work fine if people played things close to the chest. Unfortunately the last two seasons, people have been blabbing about all the advantages that are out there. 

It would also be more interesting if it was divorced from people having to telegraph that they had an idol by saying the phrase that pays repeatedly.

I wonder if Leanna feels some level of vindication for being caught at the wrong end of the KIP last season?

1 hour ago, DEL901 said:

Drea orchestrated her own demise by not keeping her mouth shut.  No one knows MaryAnne has another idol…good for her.  

And a little power went to Omar’s head.  If they all start comparing notes, after Drea outed Omar, is going to put a target on him.  And Mike Still thinks he is running the game.  

Is five the last time all these idols can be played? Because we now have a situation where there are six players and three idols -- Maryanne's, Lindsay's and Mike's. (Or should it be Omar's? God, I would love it if Omar just refused to give it back to him.)

I don't know that they have to actually compare notes. Drea revealed that Omar backstabbed her, so presumably all the people who have been trusting Omar will have to have second thoughts.

1 hour ago, Brendan Birch said:

He either wanted Drea gone, Mike in the game as his goat to the end, or both.  Either way, Drea outing him on the way out may not be good for him.

Seems an understatement. Omar is going to have to do some damage control. 

Survivor historians, anyone have a notion for what is the record for being on the wrong side of the vote post-merge? I think Romeo's got a good chance to set it. 

• Love 3

I'm not even that crazy about Lindsay but if she had gone out because of this stupid Do or Die twist I would have been royally pissed off. It's not even a coin flip, it's "which cup is the pea under." At this point, they might as well have everyone reach into a bag of rocks to decide who goes home. This isn't a game of strategy anymore, it's a game of chance. Why even bother? The more the show fucks with the players the less it becomes a "social experiment" (as the network LOVES to pretend it is) than just another game show. I might as well be watching The Price is Right. You have about as much chance of winning this thing as you do playing Plinko. The people who make it to the final three owe it to dumb luck more than anything else, having survived all these dumb twists. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Carey said:

41 minutes ago, jsm1125 said:

I think the not following the rules referred to Mike not saying his soccer phrase at every immunity challenge, which was required last season in order for the idol to be activated.   

Not “every” immunity challenge, just the “next” one after he found the advantage.  It read “at the next immunity challenge, you must recite” his magic phrase.  At the next challenge, he didn’t say it.

People’s interpretation of this vary.  Some say he didn’t say the phrase at the next challenge and therefore his idol isn’t valid because he didn’t follow the rule of the advantage.   Mike and Daniel’s interpretation was that if he wanted to activate his idol he had to say the phrase.   And that if he didn’t want to try, he didn’t need to say it.

I would say that he didn’t have to say it at every challenge but the writing seemed clear that he had no choice and had to say it at the “next” challenge. 

• Love 1

I hope they get rid of this stupid "Do or Die" twist next season. This game is about votes, not going home by "chance". Because tribal started early, I suspected Lindsay would have been safe. As for Drea, she has herself to blame for going out. If she kept the KIP advantage to herself, she could have sent Mike out.

Oh yeah, and Mike sucks at this game.

• Love 4

Fun episode. Yeah, we got Probst mugging and a few unnecessary twists, but the gameplay was on point. Well, except for Drea. How many advantages did she have at one point? And now she's on the jury.

If Jonathan finds a way to get a fraction of his average caloric intake, he's making it to the final. I'm getting how he can grate, but he's still a beast even as he wastes away.

Do Or Die can die. Part of me thinks that the game was rigged where Lindsey was safe no matter what. But then we got Jeff Probst playing Monty Hall, asking her if she wants to keep the box or go with what's behind Curtain #2. It's annoying. I feel that if Probst could cram a broken-down donkey and fail music into a box, he would have done it.

Maryanne is still entertaining. Apparently, she sheds her toenails. Hey, why not? The fun thing is that I don't think she plays for the camera. She was so gobsmacked about Drea's failed play on Mike's idol, she had to close her mouth with her hand. I can that she annoys, I can understand if Jonathan looks at her and she turns into a cooked turkey with all the trimmings ("fixin's?"), but she's just so cute.

Mike is annoying. I'm amazed Omar didn't appear behind Mike in his interview/confessional, laughing at how Mike thought he nailed Hai . . . based on a lie Omar fed him.

How many more episodes are left? I'm having more fun than last season, but I'm ready to call it a season.

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, TVFan1 said:

Oh yeah, and Mike sucks at this game.

He doesn’t seem to think so.  He seems to think he is a master strategist and is running the whole game.

34 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

Mike is annoying. I'm amazed Omar didn't appear behind Mike in his interview/confessional, laughing at how Mike thought he nailed Hai . . . based on a lie Omar fed him.

Yep.  I think Omar and Mike are both done.  If Omar is in the finals, he won’t get votes.  He betrayed Drea tonight.  And he lied about Hai and Drea is going to tell Hai what Omar said to Mike.  There’s at least two votes he won’t get.  Wasn’t he the one that said last week “if you’re going to lie, make it a good lie”?   The Hai lie was not a good lie, it was easily verifiable. 

I don’t think Mike will get many votes if he makes it to the end either.  He is a bully.   He made the votes against some of them so personal (Chanelle, Hai) and he’s not very articulate. Hai will laugh if Mike says he was running the game.

I truly can’t stand Mike’s voice.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
39 minutes ago, blackwing said:

Yep.  I think Omar and Mike are both done.  If Omar is in the finals, he won’t get votes.  He betrayed Drea tonight.  And he lied about Hai and Drea is going to tell Hai what Omar said to Mike.  There’s at least two votes he won’t get.  Wasn’t he the one that said last week “if you’re going to lie, make it a good lie”?   The Hai lie was not a good lie, it was easily verifiable. 

Depends on how you define a good lie, and how you define verifiable.

I would define a good lie as "convincing" or "effective," in which case Omar's lie was pretty good. Mike did not doubt for a second that Hai had called him a puppet and Mike did exactly what Omar wanted: targeted Hai without suggesting that it was Omar all along.

In terms of easily verifiable, I'm not sure it was. If Mike had confronted Hai about it, Hai is of course going to deny it. There is no way to objectively prove who is telling the truth, Omar or Hai. You just have to go with your gut feeling, and since Mike distrusted Hai and/or is so resentful of somebody talking trash about him, there's no way he's going to conclude that Omar made it up just to stir shit.

Given how non-bitter this jury seems to be, I could see them voting for Omar once he takes the I'm-a-nice-guy mask off and proudly owns how he managed to have his hand on the knives that stabbed so many jury members in the back and how his social game rocked. (Assuming he gets to the end). Given three immunity idols, a likely immunity winner in Jonathan, it seems likely that it's him or Romeo soon.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Mediocre Gatsby said:

I was thinking the same thing as Hai -- there's a math-ish reason why Lindsey should have chosen the other box, but I never remember why it is. I was glad she stayed; I hate that twist. 

The math is straightforward. Your box has a 33 percent chance of being the right one. The other two boxes combine to have a 66 percent chance. The two boxes still combine to have a 66 percent chance of having the right one. When it's shown that one of them has a zero percent chance of being the right one, we are conditioned to think that there is suddenly a 50/50 shot that you have the right one. But the math remains the same. You only have a 33 percent chance of having the right one. Since the other two collectively have a 66 percent chance of being the right one and the revealed one has a zero percent chance, that means that the unrevealed box that you could potentially swap to has a 66 percent chance of being the right one. Which means you are doubling your odds if you switch, which means you switch.

Both this season and last, the person stayed with the original choice, and were rewarded. I am skeptical that both times the person supposedly picked the right one, was not tempted to switch, and was not punished. 

I wonder if Jeff would have changed his catchphrase to "This dumbass game of chance has spoken."

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
(edited)

Thank you, Chicago Redshirt! That was perfectly clear. 

ETA: And thanks for politely saying "we are conditioned to think that there is suddenly a 50/50 shot ..." instead of truthfully saying "and even though your dumb ass thinks that there is suddenly a 50/50 shot ..."

Edited by Mediocre Gatsby
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

Both this season and last, the person stayed with the original choice, and were rewarded. I am skeptical that both times the person supposedly picked the right one, was not tempted to switch, and was not punished. 

As we discussed last season, I still have my doubts as to whether this is a true implementation of the Monty Hall Problem - and the question of whether or not Jiffy’s “reveal” is/was a random or informed pick has never been answered or addressed in any way by the show.

• Love 2
(edited)

This episode was truly enjoyable for one reason and one reason only, and that was Drea's elimination!  I nearly fell out of my couch after high fiving my wife.  But it's not over yet.  There is still annoying Maryann.  Hopefully, she is the next one gone!

.  I also wish Survivor could go back to the way it was in the early days. No Immunity Idols or advantages.

.  Interesting.  Maryann voted for Drea.  Hmm!

.  In next week's previews, it looks like Maryann tells Romeo about her idol.  She makes him promise not to tell anyone about something.  If it is about the idol, boy I hope Romeo tells everyone!

.  I don't think Drea's exit was all that.  She looked like she didn't know how to act being eliminated after probably thinking she was going far in this game.  She called out Omar, which wasn't classy at all.  Omar telling Mike is all part of the game.

.  I had to rewind the part in TC, when Jeff Probst said Survivor is only a game.  Oh, now it's a game?

.  I was very happy for Lindsey choosing the right box. 

.   Right now, I'm rooting for Lindsey to win S42, but I'll be ok with Omar, Mike, Romeo or Jonathon winning though.

.  They better vote out Maryann next week.  If she makes it to the final 3, she will win this thing.  Even though she hasn't played a good game at all, the jury will probably say her annoyance at camp was a great strategy.

.  I think the producers tell the contestants that they have to tell someone about their idols or advantages for drama.  There's just no way I would tell anyone I have an idol.

I'm hoping good news come in next week's episode!

Edited by rr2911
  • Love 3

Just posted: Primetimer's Joe Reid weighs in on Survivor 42 and the art of the perfect exit:

Somehow, in a world tumbling quickly down the tubes, Survivor is the one place where people seem to have gotten better, become better sports, and are more appreciative of a game well played. We saw this with Hai last week after he was blindsided. Rather than acrimoniously lash out on the allies who betrayed him, Hai just marveled at the good move the others made and wished them well. So when Drea responded to the deciding vote similarly, with a big smile on her face, it wasn't a huge surprise. What followed, though, was less typical and more delightful. 

More here:
https://www.primetimer.com/features/survivor-42-and-the-art-of-the-perfect-exit

Another question just crossed my mind.  
When Drea was going over the stipulations of the KIPA and got to the “they have to answer the question truthfully” part, Jiffy interrupted her with the statement “And I can verify they can’t lie, ‘cause I know who has what.”  Drea then proceeds to ask Mike if he has an idol, to which Mike answers “No” - an answer Probst does not contradict, thereby verifying the truthfulness of Mike’s answer.

So my question is this: is Mike’s statement accurate in the way Mike thinks it is?  

• Does Mike not have an idol because he gave it to Omar pre-TC?
  • Or does Mike not have an idol because he did not follow the rules on how to activate his 3WI properly, meaning it was never an active idol in the first place?

Enquiring minds kinda wanna fucking know.  😁

• Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Tori must have had a flash back to six whole days ago when Maryanne explained why she couldn't keep Tori in the game:

"I can't write Drea's name down, I literally can't. If I write Drea's name down it means I'm part of the perpetuating problem. Morally, I cannot write her name down."

Didn't Jeff used to say something at tribal like if you are voted out you must leave immediately?  I don't really like the goodbye parties particularly when it includes blowing up someone else's game.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, JudyObscure said:

Didn't Jeff used to say something at tribal like if you are voted out you must leave immediately?  I don't really like the goodbye parties particularly when it includes blowing up someone else's game.  

I enjoyed it.  I think Omar is a snake and he’s not nearly as clever as he thinks he is.  What she said was entirely true.  And she didn’t flat out say “Omar is a snake make sure you vote him out”.  She said “Omar was the only one I told my secret to.  Make of that what you will.”

It’s not like it wouldn’t have come out anyways.  1) Drea is going to be telling everyone on the jury about how Omar betrayed her.  2) When they get back to camp, people are going to ask questions.  Everyone knew Mike had an idol.  They haven’t seen Season 41.  People will ask him what happened to his idol.  Why would Mike just give his idol to Omar like that?  How would he know to do that to safeguard it?   I’m sure Omar would have tried to spin some lie but the most obvious answer is that he knew about the KIP advantage.  This advantage was never before seen in the game by them, so it should be clear that she told him and he blabbed.

Now whether the others will care is a different matter.  Everyone wanted Drea out so maybe they will think of this as a great move.   However, Omar does seem to be the best strategist left and I hope Jonathan, Lindsey and Maryanne band together to vote him out.

Once again, for the second week in a row, Romeo was the only person to be left out of the vote.  He’s completely clueless and useless and his game is so bad.  He seems to think he’s playing great.  Would be interesting to see what he says about his game if he makes it to the end.  It’ll be like a Julie Rosenberg, Hannah, Ken McNickle or Angelina Keeley.  “I tended the rice” seems to be perhaps the only thing he does and that’s only because he uses it as an opportunity to sneak bits of food.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Nashville said:

Or does Mike not have an idol because he did not follow the rules on how to activate his 3WI properly, meaning it was never an active idol in the first place?

Wouldn’t that be delicious! Omar keeps Mike’s idol thinking it’s real & kapow, goes home when he plays an inactive idol!

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
51 minutes ago, Brendan Birch said:

After the torch is snuffed, yes.  But before that happens, that person is technically still in, so Drea was smart to use that time to throw in a few final plays before her snuffing.

I don't see what was smart about it.  Nothing she said at that point would have kept her in the game. 

21 minutes ago, blackwing said:

1) Drea is going to be telling everyone on the jury about how Omar betrayed her. 

It's understood that a player can spill the beans about everything when they get to the jury, but for an evicted player to try to influence the players who are still in the game, seems unfair to me.  That's why the jury isn't allowed to speak.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, LoveLeigh said:

I am all confused.... Drea threw Mike two what? I can't follow it sometimes, sorry for my stupidity. 

Drea used her extra vote advantage and voted for Mike twice. So Mike, noting that there were 8 votes and only 7 players (and possibly already knowing Drea had an extra vote) asked her if she threw two votes on him.

Drea: "Yes I did! Gotcha!"

Mike: "Oooo you rascal! You dirty rat!"

Both: "Hahahaha!"

(edited)

I'm guessing if no one or only one person chooses to play the challenge the producers have some contingency to sweeten the pot.  There must be something held back to encourage more people to play.  It would be interesting to see what happens if everyone refuses to play though.

9 hours ago, blackwing said:

I’m still hoping that idol is nullified because Mike didn’t follow the rules.

Wow, that would have been interesting if Drea had gotten the idol from Mike, only to find out it doesn't work.  

Do or Die is a terrible, arbitrary gimmick.  Awful way for a good player to be eliminated.  Carnival games don't belong at Tribal Council.

I'm really, really disappointed there are no Ponderosa videos.  This group would be especially fun to see there.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 12

Oh well, one Canadian (Drea is from Texas I think, but lives in Montreal so we claim her) and two (Omar and MaryAnne) to go.   We still have a chance for back to back Canadian wins.    If that happens, wonder if tptb will ban us again?

• LOL 2

What BS Drea telling Jonathan he was never on her radar. Sure Drea, that's why you and Lindsey have been talking for the last 2 weeks about getting rid of him.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12