Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E17: Hero Complex

jewel21
  • Start Topic

After a mysterious death, Hen and Chimney put their lives in danger when they suspect that someone is playing God to make themselves look like a hero. Eddie visits Texas, where he attempts to reconcile with his father.

Airdate: 05/09/2022

so Maddie   did  not   even   have   the   Decency  nor   the  Respect   to see    the   Father   of  her   child  in  the   Hospital...    yea  lets   just  add  that  to  the  list     for   Little   ole  saint/victim/martyr/hero/ mother of the year     Maddie...

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

It was an okay episode but I want rescues!!!!!

...and the whole Eddie sideplot....zzzzz......ummm....why?

This show isn't the crazy show I fell in love with all those years ago....and yet, I still watch...

• Love 2

I hated this episode.  I kind of knew I would and I hate myself for watching it.  Just think of how awesome it'd be if people suspected Jonah but the audience found out it was actually Lucy?  Instead, the promo monkeys at FOX basically told us this episode in last week's promo. Even though Chim and Hen investigating was kind of fun, the second half was overwrought and unfun.

22 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Taylor is a news hound.  That's what she does, Buck. 

I think Buck asking Taylor not to run with the story after she promised "off-the-record" was completely fair.  I did not understand why he was peeved after Jonah was arrested.  There's nothing she could reveal at that point that'd put anyone in more danger than they already were.  Plus, I think an inherent quid pro quo would be that she gets the story as soon as they're ready to go public with it.  Jonah trying to kill two people is pretty public.

9 minutes ago, scruff said:

so Maddie   did  not   even   have   the   Decency  nor   the  Respect   to see    the   Father   of  her   child  in  the   Hospital.

She did.  That's why she wanted Buck to watch the baby--to go to the hospital.

2 minutes ago, stonehaven said:

...and the whole Eddie sideplot....zzzzz......ummm....why?

No kidding.  And no Christopher.

• Love 8
Just now, stonehaven said:

and the whole Eddie sideplot....zzzzz......ummm....why?

He feels like he’s on a totally different show and I don’t see the point.

Angry Bobby is hot. 

I really like Hen and Chim’s friendship. “You believe me?” “Always.” Awww. 

That was some weak CPR Kid Jonah performed. CPR is really forceful - it can crack ribs. Kid Jonah was, like, patting the guy’s chest.

3 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I think Buck asking Taylor not to run with the story after she promised "off-the-record" was completely fair.  I did not understand why he was peeved after Jonah was arrested.  There's nothing she could reveal at that point that'd put anyone in more danger than they already were.  Plus, I think an inherent quid pro quo would be that she gets the story as soon as they're ready to go public with it.  Jonah trying to kill two people is pretty public.

Agree. I knew she’d run the story when her eyes lit up when she said Jonah was a serial killer. I wonder if this will be the end of Buck and Taylor. I wouldn’t mind; there’s no there there for me with Taylor.

5 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

She did.  That's why she wanted Buck to watch the baby--to go to the hospital.

Yes. We’re meant to assume she went and they didn’t show it.

• Love 6

Buck is just mentally looking for way out with Taylor. This is sabotaging. Acting like he doesn't know who he's with. He's looking to put something between them. 

This is why I don't watch anything live. The dvr is something I can't live without. Burned through all that Eddie crap in record time.

• Love 6

They have so many characters and potential actual 9 1 1 emergencies, I just don't get the writers' obsession with Eddie. I don't know a single person who is interested in him (apart from the shippers who are never getting that story). Enough already, show. 

• Love 11
31 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

They have so many characters and potential actual 9 1 1 emergencies, I just don't get the writers' obsession with Eddie. I don't know a single person who is interested in him (apart from the shippers who are never getting that story). Enough already, show. 

Speak for yourself and not everyone I like Eddie and think he is great ! He is far more interesting to watch than Buck is imo who can’t seems to decide which woman he wants and that’s annoying ! 

• Love 2

For the record as soon as Athena said Jonah was going away for the rest of his life, I am now absolutely certain he will be killing people on this episode in multiple episodes. 

Also I don't hate Eddie at all but the side story was blah. 

• Love 3

I'm also an Eddie fan. 

I felt bad for poor Chim. Hopefully he won't have any long term effects from his heart being stopped twice. 

I'm pretty sure we'll see Jonah again. The scene of Bobby and Athena in their house at the end as the camera pulled away seemed really ominous. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
23 minutes ago, jewel21 said:

I felt bad for poor Chim. Hopefully he won't have any long term effects from his heart being stopped twice. 

He didn't have any long-term effects from A ROD OF REBAR PIERCING HIS BRAIN, so I think he's probably going to be okay.

And Eddie is very, very pretty, so he gets to stay.

• LOL 13
  • Love 4
(edited)
5 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I agree. She could get the story ready to go (though asking someone at work to do some research might have been a bad idea, if she didn't ask them to keep it quiet) and then run it when the guy was arrested. 

4 hours ago, Racj82 said:

This is why I don't watch anything live. The dvr is something I can't live without. Burned through all that Eddie crap in record time.

PREACH. I don't care anything about Eddie or his family. 

eta: I thought it was interesting that Jonah needed to impress Hen, after he wanted to impress the young Black girl on the school bus. 

Edited by Mediocre Gatsby
  • Love 3

Characters don't live in a vacuum, showing their home life and what makes them tick makes them feel more human. A rescue show that devotes 100% of the airtime to rescues will get very old quickly because they will run out of ideas, you have 40+ minutes an episode to fill.

This episode ended like a bad comic book story. I am sure these wasn't enough evidence to convict the new guy of doing what was suspected and possibly only getting him fired or just transferred. Nurses who kill multiple patients in real life pretty much have to get caught in the act to get busted. I mean was that guy going to kill them both, dispose of the bodies, and then just go to work on his next shift like nothing happened?

• Love 3
8 hours ago, CountryCrazy said:

Speak for yourself and not everyone I like Eddie and think he is great ! He is far more interesting to watch than Buck is imo who can’t seems to decide which woman he wants and that’s annoying ! 

I literally was speaking for myself. Nobody among my friends who watch (ie, no one I know) is enjoying that story line. 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, jewel21 said:

I'm pretty sure we'll see Jonah again. The scene of Bobby and Athena in their house at the end as the camera pulled away seemed really ominous. 

And Bobby said “I let him into my house” twice, so I think Jonah will show up at their home.

9 hours ago, Racj82 said:

Aww. Chim and Hen

If there is one thing this show does well its friendships.

Chim and Hen, Hen and Athena, Buck and Eddie. This scene is one of my absolute favorites.

• Love 4

I thought this was a decent episode. Maybe not one of their best ones, but definitely one of their better ones this season. I liked seeing Jonah as the villain, the one with the hero complex. It makes a lot of sense with his scenes this season, and I did love how Hen/Chimney got to shine, even if it was under yet another life-or-death situation. Poor Chimney keeps getting himself hospitalized for things out of his control. But Jonah could very well come back, and that would be interesting. This show hasn't had a recurring villain so I'm all for it.

Eddie's storyline was fairly good. I think it's part of concluding his arc this season, which works for me. Probably one of his more boring stories this season, BUT I have enjoyed Eddie's arc. It's been way better than his Fight Club storyline in season 3, or his stuff with Ana. 

So, Buck's mad at Taylor for having Jonah's story ready to go. I kind of get why he's pissed off (not only did she promise not to run the story and she had everything ready to go the moment Jonah was arrested, but she also had promised what she was told was off the record, and she used that information in her story anyway) but it still didn't quite work for me. Alas, it seems like they could be breaking up, which thank goodness.

Ok, I'm gonna say this: Lucy/Ravi's small interactions worked for me. I was also just happy to see Ravi this episode. 

Karen is a gem. I loved her calling Maddie to ask her about Hen and giving Bobby the heads-up on what was going on.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, UnknownK said:

I am sure these wasn't enough evidence to convict the new guy of doing what was suspected and possibly only getting him fired or just transferred. Nurses who kill multiple patients in real life pretty much have to get caught in the act to get busted. I mean was that guy going to kill them both, dispose of the bodies, and then just go to work on his next shift like nothing happened?

I have to admit, this is the part that I was like "hmmmm" on. If something was found in Claudette's blood, no matter how suspicious it might look, all Jonah - who is just an EMT/paramedic - has to say is a contrite "I'm sorry, I made a mistake". He *might* get fired. More likely reprimanded. Since he's not in Bobby's station anymore anyway, not likely to be transfered unless his new station has an issue. 

But calling Hen in a threatening way ups the ante a lot even without the resulting kidnapping. Hen had opportunity to call her wife and relay the threat complete with "go to Bobby's place" so when Hen theoretically turns up missing both Karen and Bobby are going to mention to the police the whole Jonah issue. Considering how broken into Chim's place looked, I am sure there was plenty of evidence left behind.

• Love 4

And the whole Eddie sideplot....zzzzz......ummm....why?

He feels like he’s on a totally different show and I don’t see the point.

I still suspect some of the other actors don't want to work with Ryan Guzman anymore and that's why he's been shunted off in such an isolated way. 

He didn't have any long-term effects from A ROD OF REBAR PIERCING HIS BRAIN, so I think he's probably going to be okay.

Heh. Good point. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

This is clearly the beginning of the end for Buck/Taylor.  I'm not her hugest fan, so I don't really care if they specifically break up, but I do like the idea of Buck having a stable relationship. If not with her, hopefully with someone soon.  And all this drama could have been avoided if she hadn't said she wouldn't run the story (but, since it sounds like she'd already talked to a higher up, if she didn't someone else would have). HOWEVER, it's only those specific words that makes it a shitty thing to do. "Off-the-record" doesn't mean "whatever you say, I'll keep to myself," it means "I won't attach your name to it." Like, if someone tells me off the record that Evil McEvil Corp. is just bought a building to set up shop in my town, I can take that knowledge, go down to the public records office and find proof of the sale and then tell the world that Evil McEvil Corp. is probably coming this way, because look at the building they just bought.

But I guess if a show about first responders can't even get defibrillator science right, it's probably too much to expect it to get journalism right.  But that's OK. I still love all these people, even if I did literally yell at Karen to stop gabbing and get moving when she was on the phone with Hen. There's no reason that conversation couldn't have happened en route to the car (other than filming logistics, blah blah).

• Love 5

I don't see the issue with the story once the guy was arrested for attempted murder. Buck didn't want the accusations being in the news before they knew what the truth was.

• Love 7

Completely agree about how isolated Eddie is from the rest of the show. I just keep forgetting the character even exists.

Buck being ticked off at Taylor makes no sense.

Jonah continually stopping Chim's heart then bringing him back was sadistic. I hope we never see Jonah again.

• Love 2

I think the reason Buck was unhappy was that Taylor was using info she got from them, that they should not have had, like his personnel photo.  This was before the LAFD even had the opportunity to comment.  So really, I think it was the speed that is concerning.  Obviously this would be a big news story, but she was there when he was arrested.  Some may start asking how she got there so fast, and look at Buck and his friends (Who also happen to be his latest victims).

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, marceline said:

Jonah continually stopping Chim's heart then bringing him back was sadistic. I hope we never see Jonah again.

It appeared Chim was drugged before the heart-stopping medication was injected, but then I swear he was groaning each time Monday defibrillated him. (Spell check tells me defibrillated isn't a word, but I'm going with it anyway). If he was conscious, but sedated, then feeling himself die and come back to life, twice, is a special kind of torture. It's a nightmare.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I still suspect some of the other actors don't want to work with Ryan Guzman anymore and that's why he's been shunted off in such an isolated way. 

What did he do to piss everyone off?

1 hour ago, UnknownK said:

I don't see the issue with the story once the guy was arrested for attempted murder. Buck didn't want the accusations being in the news before they knew what the truth was.

Yeah, Buck was overreacting although maybe he was worried about being part of the "we stole his personnel file" stuff. At the same time, he was on board with his buddies using Taylor to get info on Jonah so.... I dunno, she doesn't do much for me but I think Buck needs to grow up. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

That ended up going where I thought it would. This was a decently suspenseful episode and I especially liked the flashback to kid Jonah going from having violet fantasies to saving a guy leading him to soaking up the adulation of being a hero, I think that set up his serial killer MO very well. I admit I find this whole thing annoying though, Hen had no reasons to dislike this guy at first beyond him not being Chim (and she was apparently like that with every partner) but instead of learning a lesson about not being so petty, she is retroactively justified because he was a serial killer all along. I call these kinds of plots "luckily" twists. Our hero is called out on crappy behavior, but luckily the person who did the calling out is secretly evil so we can ignore their bad behavior. A villain seems to have good intentions or make a decent point that the audience might root for, but luckily they turn out to be totally evil all along so we can ignore any decent points they brought up. It exists to remove any moral ambiguity from a situation and give us easy heroes to cheer for and villains to root for as the narrative twists around itself to make its heroes conveniently right. 

Chim is just always having the worst time of it, the poor guy. I really was worried about Karen, spouses might not have the plot armor of a regular character, so I am glad she's alright and that she got help right away.

I can get why Buck is upset, Taylor should have at least given him a heads up about doing the story after she told him she wouldn't run it, but this really just feels like an excuse for them to finally call it quits. They just do not work.

Eddie's story was fine, but you can probably just skip it and play Cats in the Cradle a few times and get the same gist. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4

Buck will break-up with Taylor in 3, 2, 1. 🙄

Since Eddie has reconciled with his dad, addressing their strained relationship and  he chooses happiness for himself, can I assume that Eddie’s healing arc is now completed and he will continue seeing his therapist off-screen? This whole arc has been going on forever and it feels disjointed with other storylines.

Hey show, please stop trying to kill Chimney will ya! Give that guy a break. Friendship between Chimney & Hen, their dynamic, is the best on this show. Treasure it, don’t ruin it.

And Bobby’s password - NashBby_118. Really Bobby? Why so girly? 😂😂😂

• Love 1
2 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

What did he do to piss everyone off?

He says he uses racial slurs and defended his use when confronted. I believe he was also resistant to getting vaccinated. There has been multiple issues

• Useful 8
31 minutes ago, Aliconehead said:

He says he uses racial slurs and defended his use when confronted. I believe he was also resistant to getting vaccinated. There has been multiple issues

Well, thats unfortunate. Thanks for the response!

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

It’s been nearly 2 years, any misunderstanding among 911 actors re this issue should’ve been ironed out by now. 

I mean, I wouldn’t work directly with someone who uses racial slurs unapologetically either and if the cast is taking a stand over it, particularly the white members of the cast, I commend them. (I’d report him to HR and consult an employment attorney, but maybe TV functions differently.) If the show isn’t taking decisive action, and it would appear they aren’t, I could see the actors who do not use racial slurs being like, well, why should I fuck up my money by quitting when the guy dropping n-bombs gets to stay?

Having said that, isn’t Angela Bassett an EP? I’m surprised she’s letting him skate on that.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

It’s been nearly 2 years, any misunderstanding among 911 actors re this issue should’ve been ironed out by now. 

Agreed. Whatever is going on with the actor in this season isn't based on that.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Ravi is hot.

It's a Ryan Murphy show -- they're all hot.  They're the most ridiculously hot first responders I've ever seen in my life.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, threebluestars said:

I think Buck is pissed because Jonah found out Hen and Chim were looking into him because Taylor had requested info on him.

I don't think that's how Jonah found out.  Hen and Chim were the ones calling around.  That's how he knew who it was.  If it were Taylor, he wouldn't have connected her to them.

(edited)
9 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I don't think that's how Jonah found out.  Hen and Chim were the ones calling around.  That's how he knew who it was.  If it were Taylor, he wouldn't have connected her to them.

No, Jonah found out he was being investigated because he was TOLD he was being investigated and put on light duty due to allegations made by his prior captain. Jonah ASSUMED - correctly - that Hen, who made her dislike of him completely open - was the one behind the accusations. 

eta - Jonah was a fucking idiot to go after Hen and Chim at this point because honestly, they had at best evidence that he made a poor judgement in administering medication. He *might* lose his job but more likely would have gotten a reprimand. 

Edited by EllaWycliffe
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

Just got around to watching this because my 9-1-1 dispatcher daughter is visiting and she Does Not Watch shows like this (understandable).

I actually floved Eddie and his father reaching a point of mutual understanding and forgiveness and was imagining Edie's father helping look after Christopher in the future.
But. 
At the same time I was thinking: People do not change; they just become more of who they already are.
Still.
It was a nice fantasy of reconciliation.

On 5/9/2022 at 11:21 PM, jewel21 said:

On 5/10/2022 at 9:05 AM, Empress1 said:

And Bobby said “I let him into my house” twice, so I think Jonah will show up at their home.

Maybe the  “I let him into my house. I let him into my house” scene with the camera pulling out Was supposed to imply Jonah was (or would be) watching in the future. And Bobby soaking his hand with the visible abrasions from where he punched Jonah is also not for nothing. 
But I would prefer to have the Jonah actor just take his serial killer show on the road to Criminal Minds or something and be done with his character on this show. 
But they sure left the metaphorical door open to the return of Jonah The Serial Killer.

19 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I admit I find this whole thing annoying though, Hen had no reasons to dislike this guy at first beyond him not being Chim (and she was apparently like that with every partner) but instead of learning a lesson about not being so petty, she is retroactively justified because he was a serial killer all along. I call these kinds of plots "luckily" twists. Our hero is called out on crappy behavior, but luckily the person who did the calling out is secretly evil so we can ignore their bad behavior. A villain seems to have good intentions or make a decent point that the audience might root for, but luckily they turn out to be totally evil all along so we can ignore any decent points they brought up. It exists to remove any moral ambiguity from a situation and give us easy heroes to cheer for and villains to root for as the narrative twists around itself to make its heroes conveniently right. 

Although Hen had been negatively predisposed to any replacement partner in Chim's absence, I got the impression that Hen had sensed something was hinky with Jonah beyond that. In a job where you need to quickly assess people's states of mind, that doesn't seem like a superpower so much as just a good trait to have for the job.
Jonah having moved to 4 or 5 different states for the same job implies that others noticed his hinkiness as well.

• Love 3

I hope the actor who plays Christopher isn't sick. They went out of their way to imply he's there, without showing him.

Maybe he doesn't want to work with Ryan Guzman either. 😄

• LOL 9
12 hours ago, Demian said:

It's a Ryan Murphy show -- they're all hot.  They're the most ridiculously hot first responders I've ever seen in my life.

Certainly can't speak to the norm, but I lived in Tampa, FL once upon a time and can confirm there are indeed real life 1st responder teams who are all very hot.  

14 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I mean, I wouldn’t work directly with someone who uses racial slurs unapologetically either and if the cast is taking a stand over it, particularly the white members of the cast, I commend them. (I’d report him to HR and consult an employment attorney, but maybe TV functions differently.) If the show isn’t taking decisive action, and it would appear they aren’t, I could see the actors who do not use racial slurs being like, well, why should I fuck up my money by quitting when the guy dropping n-bombs gets to stay?

Having said that, isn’t Angela Bassett an EP? I’m surprised she’s letting him skate on that.

Word to the bolded!

I vaguely recall Oliver Stark and Aisha Hinds speaking out via social media (can't recall if it was Twitter or Instagram).  Not sure about any other cast members. 

Eddie and Buck were BFFs and those shared scenes have been noticeably reduced this season.  Whether it is because of what Ryan said or vaccination issues, who knows.  If it's the latter, I question why Ryan wasn't dismissed like Rockman Dunbar.  Maybe it's a contract thing since Ryan is presumably considered a main cast member. 

In any case, the show needs to decide what to do with Eddie.  I'm not remotely invested in his arc, but all of the main cast have had their own so it's not out of the norm.  That said, if he can't be organically integrated with the main cast, then write him out.   Beyond contract requirements, I don't know why he would need to stay. I'd fully support more Ravi screen time. 

On 5/10/2022 at 12:44 AM, Mediocre Gatsby said:

eta: I thought it was interesting that Jonah needed to impress Hen, after he wanted to impress the young Black girl on the school bus. 

Ah, good catch!

I was neutral on Taylor before Buck pulled the cowardly and manipulative move of inviting Taylor to live with him and then dropping the "by the way, I kissed another woman!" bomb.  Totally team Taylor now, and I think she can do better.  Personally, I would have tried to move back into my old place, or moved out into a new one.  I like Buck, but that was a shitty move.  She honored her word and still did her job, so good on her. 

On 5/9/2022 at 11:47 PM, Demian said:

Right???

• Love 1
On 5/9/2022 at 9:24 PM, Irlandesa said:

I think Buck asking Taylor not to run with the story after she promised "off-the-record" was completely fair.  I did not understand why he was peeved after Jonah was arrested. 

And it's not like there wouldn't be a dozen cameras at the scene anyways, from neighbors with cellphones to freelancers with scanners in their rigs (LAPD and LAFD both transmit in the clear and are repeatered), etc. It would be journalistic malpractice for her to not report the story once the perp had been arrested, and likewise to run with it while the investigation was ongoing if she agreed to sit on it. And if Buck has a problem with that, he can stick it in a warm, moist place of his choosing. She's in the right here, however annoying she can be. And how come that station only has one reporter? When I was an ENG cameraman in the 90s I worked with about 12 reporters in a mid-market station.

Now all that said, I'm still convinced Buck/Lucy (Bucy?) is the writers' endgame.

Which reminds me, when and why did makeup stop applying the scar to the actor's forehead?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Jonah having moved to 4 or 5 different states for the same job implies that others noticed his hinkiness as well.

Its odd but proof of nothing, really.

1 hour ago, NJRadioGuy said:

Which reminds me, when and why did makeup stop applying the scar to the actor's forehead?

Scars fade and they stopped bothering long ago. 

47 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

I just had a thought. Was Jonah ever at Bobby's home?  Maybe the house he is talking about is the station house?

I totally thought this was what Bobby was referring to - the station house. Unlike Hen, he wasn't a total douche to the new guy. 

• Love 4

I 100% thought Bobby was talking about the Station House. 

Whether or not Jonah shows up again, this is the kind of thing that would generate feelings of guilt in Bobby. He hired him, he welcomed him. 

But I would think that Bobby is not the one who would be responsible for vetting him. Any background checking would have been done when he was first hired, not when he was transferred from house to house within the same city, wouldn't it?

• Love 4
(edited)
19 hours ago, possibilities said:

I 100% thought Bobby was talking about the Station House. 
Whether or not Jonah shows up again, this is the kind of thing that would generate feelings of guilt in Bobby. He hired him, he welcomed him. 
But I would think that Bobby is not the one who would be responsible for vetting him. Any background checking would have been done when he was first hired, not when he was transferred from house to house within the same city, wouldn't it?

Yes. But based on the number of places Jonah had managed to get hired, he knew how to work the vetting system. 
It was Hen who finally noticed something wasn't right about him. 
Bobby might feel like he should have caught that too, even though many others did not.
But Hen was Jonah's partner, and Hen had experience with a good partner and various other partners, so she was uniquely tuned to notice something that didn't line up in his reactions. 
Hen was also familiar on a day-to-day basis with the actions of someone doing the job Jonah was doing, so anything out of the ordinary would stand out to her in a way it would not to Bobby, whose focus was on other details necessary to keep the team functioning.

Still, I can imagine an episode in which Bobby questions how he missed Jonah being a serial killer. 
But, still, it wasn't like Jonah was the only temp, not-Chim partner for Hen that she had not liked, which should help Bobby accept that it was natural that he --like others before him-- had missed Jonah not being who he pretended to be.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 2

And Eddie is very, very pretty, so he gets to stay.

Agree he does bring the pretty weak side plot and all

• Love 1

Chim was pretty funny in the opening scene, first complaining that he can't believe they were breaking into Bobby's office (as he simply pushes open the unlocked door) and then panicking when Lucy and Ravi return, throwing his hands up and saying "oh no, we're caught!" and then wiping away his fingerprints off Bobby's desk as they are running out of the office.

I also liked the call back to the tarantula guy and how they used that to be an example of Johan's hero complex.

I agree.  It feels like Eddie is on a different show. A more boring one.

Jonah is an idiot. Oh sure, let me hurt Hen and Chim right after an investigation is opened on me.  Nobody will notice the people who pointed the finger at me are missing.  Crime makes you stupid.

That was a rather shady move by Taylor.  Ethical?  I a not sure.  But seriously not cool.  I never liked her anyway, so hopefully this is the death knell of her relationship with Buck.

I loved the Hen and Chim friendship stuff.   But that's about it. Otherwise this was a kinda meh episode.

• Love 4