Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: Drowning Women

• Start Topic

After finding potentially incriminating photos in Benjamin’s office, Cassie seeks assurances from Shane – and continues to avoid Marco – while Megan searches for an all-important lockbox.

the-flight-attendant-rosie-perez.jpg?qua

Original Airdate: May 5, 2022

I really liked this episode, it was fun and funny. I enjoy when Cassie is blowing up her life and doesn't seem to give a damn. The only bad parts were how panicky Cassie was most of the time, I wish she would think more instead of just blurting out everything she knows to anybody who will listen and lying about everything, even when there is no reason to lie. Act like your life is in danger and you don't know who you can trust. Good riddance, Marco and take that stinky photograph of me with you, oh wait you can't, because I destroyed it.

• Love 3
(edited)

Why do Carol and Cassie hate each other? 

Glad Megan was able to get her stuff back. 

I'm glad Marco is gone. There's something about him that rubbed me the wrong way, but I don't know what it is. Complaining that she couldn't use the AA card on him? Dude, if you had any sort of sense of observation, you'd see she's hanging on by a thread and she truly did have a work thing. But kudos to Cassie for preventing Jenny (?) from buying booze. I think we all knew that Cassie was going to crash and burn sooner than later.

What's up with Grace always trying to give Cassie alcohol? Does she know, somehow, that she's in recovery and is trying to derail her? There's something I don't trust about her.

Why do I always think that Max and Annie are going to wind up dead? They better not. 

Edited by Atlanta
  • Love 7
22 minutes ago, Atlanta said:

Why do Carol and Cassie hate each other? 

Glad Megan was able to get her stuff back. 

I'm glad Marco is gone. There's something about him that rubbed me the wrong way, but I don't know what it is. Complaining that she couldn't use the AA card on him? Dude, if you had any sort of sense of observation, you'd see she's hanging on by a thread and she truly did have a work thing. But kudos to Cassie for preventing Jenny (?) from buying booze. I think we all knew that Cassie was going to crash and burn sooner than later.

What's up with Grace always trying to give Cassie alcohol? Does she know, somehow, that she's in recovery and is trying to derail her? There's something I don't trust about her.

Why do I always think that Max and Annie are going to wind up dead? They better not. 

Cassie blackmailed Carol to get that seat to Iceland. I really enjoyed the whole training session, it was very funny.

I wonder if Jenny is really an alcoholic or just hanging around AA to get to learn more about Cassie and what happened during the murder case.

Grace thought Cassie drank the last drink that she gave her when she first visited her apartment, but Cassie really poured it into the plant. Every time Grace asks Cassie a question, Cassie lies, so Grace probably doesn't know Cassie is trying to be sober.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I hated seeing her drink so much again, but it got her to be honest with her sponsor.

Megan was funny. I knew she would use those mushrooms, as soon as the woman came out with a drink. 

I doubt that Marco is really gone, but I don't like him much, either. He was talking about starting a life together, and she wasn't even close to being ready for that. 

Carol was funny, too.

I'm going to have to watch again, because I've been distracted, but I wish there was another episode. 

• Love 6

The conversation with her sponsor saved the episode for me.  Until then, I wasn't sure I was going to be able to stick with the show through the rest of the season.  Her constant, and kind of juvenile, neurotic behavior was exhausting, as was every conversation she had with someone in her life, all of which seemed to go like:

Friend: Cassie, I have a life, too!

Cassie: No, I know, but ME ME ME!

But the conversation on the beach illuminated a lot of where that was coming from.  I just hope this is a turning point for her.  And I'm glad they are showing the daily struggle of sobriety.  Not just trying to stay away from the poison, but also dealing with the emotional foundation of it. 

• Love 13
(edited)

I was sure Max was going to get caught creeping around the bounty hunters' house, so I'm glad that didn't happen. I don't think that's the last we've seen of them though. They won't take kindly to having their laptop stolen from them, and Max and Annie will be the first people they suspect because Max also took the ring.

2 hours ago, LADreamr said:

Her constant, and kind of juvenile, neurotic behavior was exhausting

Yes, I'm really getting tired of her. Hard to believe that anyone, other than maybe her brother and Annie, cares about her enough to put up with all of that.

I definitely call BS on Grace liking her and inviting her to come over any time even if she doesn't want to talk. I'm also sure that Grace knows Cassie is an alcoholic and was actively trying to get her to fall off the wagon.

2 hours ago, Atlanta said:

I thought Shane was based in NY? Why is he doing continuing ed classes in LA?

Jada is also supposed to be based in Seattle, and she was leading the workshop. I'm not a flight attendant so don't know how realistic this is, but I'm sure it's easy enough for an airline to fly their US-based crew members into one city for a training. I do think it's weird that the city is LA, because I'm pretty sure an airline named Imperial Atlantic does not have its base on the Pacific coast.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 7

Ouch, Max in the bounty hunter's house was hard to watch.  I thought he had more sense than that.  He's determined to think Annie doesn't care about the ring.  Well, whatever, but I'm sure she cares more about his life than a stupid ring.

"Me too" on getting really tired of Cassie's juvenile wackadoodle behavior.  The final scene with her sponsor made me feel like maybe there's hope that we might be spared some of that behavior in the future.  Fingers crossed.

So now I'm leaning toward not suspecting her sponsor but suspecting Grace more.  I don't trust her.  I didn't trust Marco either but now I'm just confused over the way he acted.  Just yuck.  He made zero sense.  And they all thought he was such a cool dude?  Wow.

I'm still suspicious of Jenny.  It's too much of a coincidence that they should both show up at the same liquor store to buy booze.  But who knows with this show? Sometimes it throws unbelievable stuff in there like this.  

Her finding that file with all that evidence in it and now that the viewmaster has been found maybe means we'll start to get a better picture of what's actually going on.  Because when it comes to that stuff I am still completely in the dark and have not come up with any theories.  And I hate that feeling.  I usually like it when a show throws you a bone here and there but I just get more confused every week.  But maybe a clue in this episode was the fact that she seemed to be completely unaware that she had fallen off the wagon a couple of times in a year.  I didn't get the sense that she was lying about that, just had completely blacked it out or something.  Or maybe she's the victim of some sort of mind control where her memory is blocked which explains everything.  Who knows?  At this point any theory I come up with feels really far fetched but the way this thing is going I feel like the actual answer is going to be pretty far fetched.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Atlanta said:

I'm glad Marco is gone. There's something about him that rubbed me the wrong way, but I don't know what it is.

If he's gone then he's getting off easy because I think his red flags were subtle but they were there. Everything I know about AA I learned from TV but the reason he rubbed me the wrong way was because he's also in recovery.  I'm guessing he met her at the AA meeting.  And isn't it a rule that you're not supposed to get into a relationship in your first year of sobriety? 

It makes sense that Cassie would break that.  She's barely hanging on.  But the fact that an apparently sober Marco dated her knowing she was still in her first year and, as we learned tonight, had just moved to LA, is red flag palooza.  Him suggesting they move in together so quickly is another one. 

Now, I think people can move fast if they have their ish together but Cassie clearly doesn't.  And I think he knew that.

• Love 4

In just one episode, this show completely changed the way I see Cassie.  From annoying yet likeable train wreck to contemptible drunk-driving loser with absolutely no redeeming qualities whatsoever. What's the point of the show when you despise the main character?

• Like 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
8 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Yes, I'm really getting tired of her. Hard to believe that anyone, other than maybe her brother and Annie, cares about her enough to put up with all of that.

My thoughts exactly.  And to that point, if I had a Davey in my life, I would hold on very tight to him.

I'm having trouble quoting you, @Lily H, but yes!  Several times during the episode, I thought, We're supposed to like/care/root for her, right?

Edited by LADreamr
  • Love 2

I didn't realize that Benjamin and Cassie hooked up in his office?  Was that a bed in there or a large couch?

Because I wondered about him having Cassie's file at his place like that.  Then Cassie runs into Dot the morning after as she's trying to sneak out after photographing her dossier.

Marco, dude, she's just not that into you.  Maybe a part of Cassie hooked up with Benjamin to blow up her relationship.  

Cassie seemed too upset about the breakup and that contributing to her going on the bender.  Because in previous episodes, it looked like she was trying to avoid him, as he pushed her for them to take the next step, like moving in together.

If her recovery was a lie, then the relationship probably was a lie as well.

So the title refers to Cassie drowning but also the synchronized swimmers?  I don't get that her watching a movie of synchronized swimmers connected to her finally giving in and drinking again.

Inside the Episode shows they did a lot of visual effects to depict her falling off the wagon, with the giant vodka glass and then the swimmers who were actually filmed in an outdoor pool but they made it look like they were indoors.

So far, looks like they wanted to flesh out this season.  Megan's plot is really like they said a show within a show.  She's doing her own thing, though Cassie and Megan have crossed paths and probably will again before the end of the season.

Ani and Max are having their own adventure, though it's related to what Cassie's doing.  They're not going to kill off those characters but the more Cassie clues them in on what she's up to, you'd think the more in danger they would be.  She should try to keep them out of it but I guess they want something for these characters to do.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, LADreamr said:

The conversation with her sponsor saved the episode for me.  Until then, I wasn't sure I was going to be able to stick with the show through the rest of the season.  Her constant, and kind of juvenile, neurotic behavior was exhausting, as was every conversation she had with someone in her life, all of which seemed to go like:

Friend: Cassie, I have a life, too!

Cassie: No, I know, but ME ME ME!

But the conversation on the beach illuminated a lot of where that was coming from.  I just hope this is a turning point for her.  And I'm glad they are showing the daily struggle of sobriety.  Not just trying to stay away from the poison, but also dealing with the emotional foundation of it.

This!  This episode spiraled as badly as Cassie's sobriety.  All over the place, frantic, disjointed, with Cassie crying and sobbing was not entertaining for a romp-spy-comedy.  Was looking forward to watching it at the end of the day and instead felt disappointed and anxious. 

• Love 6
On 5/5/2022 at 3:34 AM, AnimeMania said:

After finding potentially incriminating photos in Benjamin’s office, Cassie seeks assurances from Shane – and continues to avoid Marco – while Megan searches for an all-important lockbox.

the-flight-attendant-rosie-perez.jpg?qua

Original Airdate: May 5, 2022

I'm wondering about this photo.  It does not appear to be from this season, since Megan's hair is much longer (looks much better on her when it's shorter), and we didn't see her in front of anywhere that looked like this.  Is it the motel parking lot where an important scene played out last season?

20 hours ago, chocolatine said:

I was sure Max was going to get caught creeping around the bounty hunters' house, so I'm glad that didn't happen. I don't think that's the last we've seen of them though. They won't take kindly to having their laptop stolen from them, and Max and Annie will be the first people they suspect because Max also took the ring.

I saw him searching but missed him actually finding it...where was it?  Also, what was occurring in the car after they left the bounty hunters' house when we saw Annie pull something from her purse that looked sort of like a weird camera?

20 hours ago, Yeah No said:

But maybe a clue in this episode was the fact that she seemed to be completely unaware that she had fallen off the wagon a couple of times in a year.  I didn't get the sense that she was lying about that, just had completely blacked it out or something.  Or maybe she's the victim of some sort of mind control where her memory is blocked which explains everything.  Who knows?  At this point any theory I come up with feels really far fetched but the way this thing is going I feel like the actual answer is going to be pretty far fetched.

I did not get the impression that she was actually unaware of it.  She explained that she didn't want to be a newbie at AA like Jenny, and that she had genuinely had 6 months of sobriety in NY before those two times in March, and she had more months after that, so she just kind of spun it into a full year of sobriety.

19 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

It makes sense that Cassie would break that.  She's barely hanging on.  But the fact that an apparently sober Marco dated her knowing she was still in her first year and, as we learned tonight, had just moved to LA, is red flag palooza.  Him suggesting they move in together so quickly is another one.

I also question whether he actually has a daughter.  It almost seemed like he used the concept of the daughter as a motivator/punishment.  Plus if he genuinely was serious about them moving in together now, then relationship-wise they would have been at a place where he should have already been gradually incorporating Cassie into life with his daughter.

9 hours ago, aghst said:

So the title refers to Cassie drowning but also the synchronized swimmers?  I don't get that her watching a movie of synchronized swimmers connected to her finally giving in and drinking again.

I thought the title referred to Cassie and Brenda as the drowning women.  I didn't think the movie w/synchro swimmers contributed to her drinking again.

9 hours ago, aghst said:

Inside the Episode shows they did a lot of visual effects to depict her falling off the wagon, with the giant vodka glass and then the swimmers who were actually filmed in an outdoor pool but they made it look like they were indoors.

I've really been enjoying the Inside the Episodes, and it was pretty cool to hear/see how they created the giant vodka glass effect.

9 hours ago, aghst said:

So far, looks like they wanted to flesh out this season.  Megan's plot is really like they said a show within a show.  She's doing her own thing, though Cassie and Megan have crossed paths and probably will again before the end of the season.

They were right, it's like a show within a show, but I can do without it.  At least in Iceland, it was integrated with Cassie, but now it's not.  Seems pretty stupid for Megan to decide to call 9-1-1 about that woman potentially overdosing, since I'm pretty sure the call would be traced depending on what happens to the woman, but Megan is supposed to be laying low.  Also, when Megan drove away in Cherry's car, it looked like she was supposed to be heaving the lockbox into the trunk, but we had already seen that it wasn't that heavy.

On 5/5/2022 at 8:29 PM, Atlanta said:

I thought there might be some issue between Carol and Cassie from the previous episode. They seemed to not like each other from the beginning. 

Yes, I got the impression that there was snark and bad blood before the blackmailing thing.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

I'm wondering about this photo.  It does not appear to be from this season, since Megan's hair is much longer (looks much better on her when it's shorter), and we didn't see her in front of anywhere that looked like this.  Is it the motel parking lot where an important scene played out last season?

Sorry, you are right, I thought the picture was from episode 5, but I think it was from last year. I went looking for pictures from episode 5 when I was posting, but couldn't really find anything, but I knew it would be a Megan heavy story. To make up for it, here is a picture of Megan from Episode 4 and a picture of a scene from episode 5.

rosie-perez-kaley-cuoco.jpg?itok=Diz-vRf

griffin-matthews-kaley-cuoco-alanna-ubac

11 hours ago, aghst said:

I didn't realize that Benjamin and Cassie hooked up in his office?  Was that a bed in there or a large couch?

Oh, yeah!  I'm glad I wasn't the only one.  Was it obvious from the last episode?  Did I just completely miss it?  Because I was genuinely shocked when I realized they were in his office. 

I keep expecting some sort of epiphany to come from the multi-Cassie hallucinations, but there really isn't.  I do enjoy how they're doing those scenes, though, and appreciate the massive amounts of work KC had to put into those.   I'm glad Cassie finally crashed and relapsed - I'd been expecting it since Ep 1.

I really don't understand at all how Annie & Max found the bounty hunters, and found it amazingly stupid that Max went in the house and was poking around in there so long. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, chaifan said:

I really don't understand at all how Annie & Max found the bounty hunters ...

Max found the bugs that the bounty hunters had planted in Cassie's bungalow and was apparently able to get their location from those.

7 minutes ago, chaifan said:

... and found it amazingly stupid that Max went in the house and was poking around in there so long. 

100% agree with this. I know the ring meant a lot to him but his own safety should have been the top priority.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, LuvMyShows said:

I did not get the impression that she was actually unaware of it.  She explained that she didn't want to be a newbie at AA like Jenny, and that she had genuinely had 6 months of sobriety in NY before those two times in March, and she had more months after that, so she just kind of spun it into a full year of sobriety.

To me it seemed like she was genuinely surprised when she had the flashbacks of herself drinking, but when she saw it she realized it really happened.  It felt to me like she had mentally blocked it from her consciousness and then it suddenly came back to her.  The story she gave was her own re-spinning of it into a lie because she doesn't want to admit to others that the truth was that she had been either in some form of radical denial or had a complete blackout of the events until the flashbacks.  I am beginning to think that some of the mystery surrounding her "double" might actually have to do with someone controlling her mind to where she has no recollection of what she's done but every once in a while those things come back to her in one of those dreamlike episodes.  What better way to frame someone than to actually make them commit the crime and then make sure they have no recollection of it?  Anyway, that theory is a first working draft subject to future editing based on future episodes.

• Love 1

I think Cassie knew she slipped up twice already. She's just been lying about it. 

I also think Grace knows she's an alcoholic somehow and wants her to drink for some reason. But then again, Grace being shady is so painfully obvious that I wonder if it's a misdirect lol.

I loved this episode. I thought they had such a great balance between comedy and drama. And KC is just fantastic.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, Yeah No said:

What better way to frame someone than to actually make them commit the crime and then make sure they have no recollection of it?  Anyway, that theory is a first working draft subject to future editing based on future episodes.

But IIRC, the hardware store purchases and the murder of the 2 agents occurred during the time while she was in Iceland...

• Love 2
2 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

But IIRC, the hardware store purchases and the murder of the 2 agents occurred during the time while she was in Iceland...

Fair enough, but then what I want to know is if someone were going through that much to frame her wouldn't they have known she was not around and might have an alibi?  That seems like a mistake too clumsy for whoever would or could be up to this.  

8 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

Fair enough, but then what I want to know is if someone were going through that much to frame her wouldn't they have known she was not around and might have an alibi?  That seems like a mistake too clumsy for whoever would or could be up to this.  

Cassie was "grounded" during that time and flew to Iceland under Carol's name because she got the seat from Carol at the last minute, so whoever was trying to frame her (I'm assuming at this point that it's the Cheryl Hines character) didn't know she had left the country unless they had her under surveillance the entire time.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Cassie was "grounded" during that time and flew to Iceland under Carol's name because she got the seat from Carol at the last minute, so whoever was trying to frame her (I'm assuming at this point that it's the Cheryl Hines character) didn't know she had left the country unless they had her under surveillance the entire time.

That would be the logical conclusion, but I'm thinking that whoever set this up also has a "fall guy" to make it look like someone else is framing her, knowing that she and the CIA would eventually be onto it.  It would be someone to divert their attention from the real person or entity behind the whole thing.  So I'm thinking it has to be more complicated and maybe Cheryl is also being framed and that's why they waited until they knew Cassie was not around for those murders - to make it look like the guilty party wasn't able to track her.  It doesn't mean they also weren't or aren't still attempting to frame Cassie in some way or another at other times.  I don't know, my gut is telling me this has to be more complicated than it looks.

9 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I don't know, my gut is telling me this has to be more complicated than it looks.

Omg I hope not, it’s so complicated already I can barely track what the central mystery even is.

• Love 6

The crew on the Iceland flight (including Shane) can easily corroborate she flew there and security camera footage would confirm it. Carol can also admit that she gave Cassie her ticket.

• Love 1

Cassie falling off the wagon was hard to watch but probably inevitable, she's been hanging on by a thread for quite awhile now, hopefully this is a massive wake up call for her. I really hope that her sponsor is for real and not a plant, her last scene with Cassie on the beach was excellent. Cassie's downward spiral is clearly about more than just not drinking, she needs to deal with why she drinks before she can stop for real. 

I continue to be suspicious of Grace, she really seems to be pushing Cassie to drink, she offers her booze every single time she comes over. And there is still her vague time in the military and that picture with someone torn off it, she is definitely hiding things.

• Love 2
On 5/7/2022 at 10:56 PM, chocolatine said:

While this is all true, her passport would have been stamped going in and out of US and Iceland.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, hatchetgirl said:

While this is all true, her passport would have been stamped going in and out of US and Iceland.  

I don't know about her passport being stamped on the return flight, since they were on a private jet, they didn't have to land at a major airport.

• Love 2
(edited)

I am really liking this season even more then the first and I really enjoyed the first.  I love Cassie and Cassie's personalities in her mind palace.  The idea that Drunk happy Cassie has been hinting that Real Cassie hasn't actually been sober for a year and been lying to everyone about how strong her sobriety actually is is a true to life story.  It was only a matter of time before she fell off the wagon and crashed and burned.  

The CIA double story is convoluted but then the mystery story usually is.   I am still thinking blonde CIA agent is using Cassie for something and that half true psychological profile is part of a setup to frame Cassie for some big bad CIA thing that Cassie might have stumbled onto without even realizing it.    

On 5/6/2022 at 11:50 PM, Yeah No said:

To me it seemed like she was genuinely surprised when she had the flashbacks of herself drinking, but when she saw it she realized it really happened.  It felt to me like she had mentally blocked it from her consciousness and then it suddenly came back to her.  The story she gave was her own re-spinning of it into a lie because she doesn't want to admit to others that the truth was that she had been either in some form of radical denial or had a complete blackout of the events until the flashbacks. 

Cassie blocks out painful memories and replaces them with happier brighter versions.  She has done so since she was a kid.  She painted her relationship with her father as some beautiful dream and her brother as a needy liar.    She even painted the reason she became a flight attendant in a better light then the actual reason.   So I can see her lying to herself about her six month slip up and moving to California where no one knew her so she could be perfect sober Cassie who was six months sober.   Yay Cassie.  

Benjamin is going to save the day when he finds Cassie's double doesn't have a tattoo.  

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 6
21 hours ago, kariyaki said:

You don’t get a stamp coming back to your own country.

You might not get a stamp, but you do get scanned.  Another poster mentioned that private flight might have caused that return to be circumvented.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

I don't know about her passport being stamped on the return flight, since they were on a private jet, they didn't have to land at a major airport.

I think private plane passengers still have to clear customs somehow.  Usually there will be a customs agent in the hanger or they can go onboard the aircraft.  I've seen enough movies to know that you can somehow "hide" through customs, but I be the pilots and the owners of the jets have to file various reports for their passengers and stuff.  :)

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, hatchetgirl said:

You might not get a stamp, but you do get scanned.  Another poster mentioned that private flight might have caused that return to be circumvented.

I know that, I was just pointing out that a return passport stamp doesn’t exist. You go through customs, “did you pet any barnyard animals,” “no,” then they send you on your way.

On 5/6/2022 at 1:00 AM, Irlandesa said:

If he's gone then he's getting off easy because I think his red flags were subtle but they were there. Everything I know about AA I learned from TV but the reason he rubbed me the wrong way was because he's also in recovery.  I'm guessing he met her at the AA meeting.  And isn't it a rule that you're not supposed to get into a relationship in your first year of sobriety? 

Now, I think people can move fast if they have their ish together but Cassie clearly doesn't.  And I think he knew that.

Yeah I was yelling at the tv that's why you don't date someone in their first year of sobriety at him. Mom has taught me that is not a hard and fast rule anymore but the principal still applies. Its also not considered a good idea to date someone who goes to the same regular meeting as you do. Partly because your relationship is going to come up in shares and it makes it harder to speak freely but also because the tension and baggage they are now bringing in to what is supposed to be a safe space. Marco is probably going to have to start going to a new meeting now and possibly find a new sponsor which could affect his sobriety. So yeah there is definitely some red flags on his part but that does make sense he is in AA for his own reasons afterall. I don't really think he's secretly behind all this or anything like that just a little co dependent like most alcoholics.

Now Grace on the other hand I don't trust yet. She seems a bit too good to be true. Plus with her military background she could easily be a CIA agent working for Dot or some shadow organization with an agenda of their own. Trading in Fentanyl means she is in with all kinds of shady folks. She could even be the blond double.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Emily Thrace said:

Yeah I was yelling at the tv that's why you don't date someone in their first year of sobriety at him. Mom has taught me that is not a hard and fast rule anymore but the principal still applies. Its also not considered a good idea to date someone who goes to the same regular meeting as you do. Partly because your relationship is going to come up in shares and it makes it harder to speak freely but also because the tension and baggage they are now bringing in to what is supposed to be a safe space. Marco is probably going to have to start going to a new meeting now and possibly find a new sponsor which could affect his sobriety. So yeah there is definitely some red flags on his part but that does make sense he is in AA for his own reasons afterall. I don't really think he's secretly behind all this or anything like that just a little co dependent like most alcoholics.

I don't think Marco was going to the same meeting as Cassie. He went to her one year meeting as a guest, for support, but was definitely not there when we saw her attending meetings earlier in the season.

I'm curious to know if this is it for Marco, or if there is another twist still to come - this show has me suspecting twists for just about everyone, after season one! 

• Love 3

Much like the first season, this show gets harder to watch as Cassie continues to spiral out of control. I can see why the forum is under "drama" instead of "comedy." It starts out fun and mysterious but just keeps getting darker and darker. Alcoholism is no laughing matter.

This episode spiraled as badly as Cassie's sobriety.  All over the place, frantic, disjointed, with Cassie crying and sobbing was not entertaining for a romp-spy-comedy. 

Yeah. I guess the show is aiming for "dramedy" but it almost feels like a bait and switch midway through the season.

Several times during the episode, I thought, We're supposed to like/care/root for her, right?

That's the other thing, the POV character is not rootable. She's her own worst enemy and it isn't fun watching her self sabotage by sleeping with her handler or falling off the wagon. It's just frustrating and depressing.

I saw him searching but missed him actually finding it...where was it?

Max didn't find the ring. 

I really don't understand at all how Annie & Max found the bounty hunters,

It's a stretch, but supposedly he was able to use the bugs they planted to track their IP address, which then enabled him to find their physical address.

• Love 2
On 5/9/2022 at 5:49 PM, Chaos Theory said:

The CIA double story is convoluted but then the mystery story usually is.   I am still thinking blonde CIA agent is using Cassie for something and that half true psychological profile is part of a setup to frame Cassie for some big bad CIA thing that Cassie might have stumbled onto without even realizing it.    

I am confused about this.  Cassie was saying that she didn't say the things in the profile.  So doesn't that mean that whoever wrote the profile was lying, or that whoever wrote the profile interviewed the fake Cassie and didn't know it wasn't the real Cassie?  If so, that person who wrote the profile better have never met the real Cassie before, because otherwise that is some awful agent-ing to be so fooled.  After a few minutes, even with identical twins, you can usually start to tell the difference, and I seriously doubt fake Cassie approaches 'identical' level, so to not know it wasn't real Cassie is very poor.

• Love 1
(edited)
41 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

I am confused about this.  Cassie was saying that she didn't say the things in the profile.  So doesn't that mean that whoever wrote the profile was lying, or that whoever wrote the profile interviewed the fake Cassie and didn't know it wasn't the real Cassie?  If so, that person who wrote the profile better have never met the real Cassie before, because otherwise that is some awful agent-ing to be so fooled.  After a few minutes, even with identical twins, you can usually start to tell the difference, and I seriously doubt fake Cassie approaches 'identical' level, so to not know it wasn't real Cassie is very poor.

I took that to mean that the CIA fabricated the profile, as part of whatever it is that they're setting her up for.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 1
On 5/11/2022 at 2:12 PM, iMonrey said:

Much like the first season, this show gets harder to watch as Cassie continues to spiral out of control. I can see why the forum is under "drama" instead of "comedy." It starts out fun and mysterious but just keeps getting darker and darker. Alcoholism is no laughing matter.

Yeah. I guess the show is aiming for "dramedy" but it almost feels like a bait and switch midway through the season.

That's the other thing, the POV character is not rootable. She's her own worst enemy and it isn't fun watching her self sabotage by sleeping with her handler or falling off the wagon. It's just frustrating and depressing.

Max didn't find the ring. 

It's a stretch, but supposedly he was able to use the bugs they planted to track their IP address, which then enabled him to find their physical address.

I love KC but the sleeping with the handler thing was just so unnecessary.

I am guessing Marco is some sort of bad guy because otherwise there was no point to his character.

• Love 2
On 5/6/2022 at 12:16 AM, chocolatine said:

I do think it's weird that the city is LA, because I'm pretty sure an airline named Imperial Atlantic does not have its base on the Pacific coast.

And where do you think the base of Alaska Airlines is?

And I am calling bullshit on the whole having sex in the office and sleep overnight. Surely a CIA office is a secure premise that means guests need to be escorted entering and exiting the building? Second, I have never seen in a modern workplace a private office that is totally opaque from the outside. There is always a small window on the door or frosted glass.

• Love 2

Imperial Airlines HR needs a shake-up. That we know of: an alcoholic who sleeps with passengers, a North Korean spy, a trained assassin, a CIA agent, and a senior attendant who sells her pax benefit on the black market . Someone is NOT doing the proper background checks!! 

• LOL 4
On 5/9/2022 at 11:35 AM, tennisgurl said:

I continue to be suspicious of Grace, she really seems to be pushing Cassie to drink, she offers her booze every single time she comes over. And there is still her vague time in the military and that picture with someone torn off it, she is definitely hiding things.

I don't really trust Grace either but I'm also confused as to why Cassie isn't telling Grace that she's sober. She went to Grace because she needed some moral support. And Grace made it clear she wants to have a friendship so why can't Cassie just say "hey, I'm sober, please stop offering me alcohol." She could have easily said it the first time they met, before she had any suspicions about Grace

On 5/5/2022 at 9:20 PM, LADreamr said:

The conversation with her sponsor saved the episode for me.  Until then, I wasn't sure I was going to be able to stick with the show through the rest of the season.  Her constant, and kind of juvenile, neurotic behavior was exhausting...

It's odd that in this day and age a show is portraying the male figures as mostly competent and the leading female figures as incompetent.

Cassie and Annie both seem to suffer from the same delusion, that somebody else is going to make them functional. 

In real life I try to be compassionate of people's failures, but this show is bringing out my inner "you want your life to stop being a shitshow? Maybe stop making it a shitshow."