Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E13: Showdown in Smashville

Message added by TexasGal,

Reminders!  Talk about the episode only - individual wives have their own threads for extended convos about them.  Be civil. Use the ignore feature if someone gets under your skin.

• Start Topic

A bar bike crawl and hot chicken contest start off the group's last day in Nashville. Joe Gorga questions Luis’ past and Margaret and Teresa face off.

Airdate: 04/26/2022

I think this is the season finale?  Please?!

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Emmeline said:

I personally could not watch a wedding spin-off or even a wedding episode of Luis, Tre and her spawn.

Oh, def not. I'm still flummoxed that they gave her & Joe that prison show and held the regular season for her. She's been unwatchable since S3.

• Love 22

Joe Gorga needs to have a tag line next season instead of Melissa. He’s been a great housewife. Eating hot wings, throwing up with a dildo and finally giving his blessing to Luis. He does more in one episode than most of the housewives put together.

• LOL 7
  • Love 17
32 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Loooie is nuts and delusional in bragging about getting a jet and going home to their 15,000 square foot house, meanwhile he is strutting around in a bedazzled sport coat.

Theresa could not look worse if she tried, she messed up her face but good with all that cosmetic surgery.

I am liking the men more than the wives.

I still don’t know what Louie does for a living.  If Tre and Louie get a spin off, what happens with the others?  Does it continue?

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

How was Margaret right about Siggy or Danielle? The idiot was in Danielle’s wedding!
Luis is odd. He’s not at ease in front of the cameras or dealing with the drama. 
Jackies wrote up at the end was so dumb. The asshole isn’t healing. She started eating again cause her role as anorexic is over. The asshole almost kept people from speculation that Evan really is cheating. Almost. Nice try Jackass. 
Margaret thinks because she came clean right away about banging the married contractor that it makes her some open and honest human and not a thirsty old slut dying for some reality tv time? Marge shut up. 
Delores is living with Frank and the kids but has a new boyfriend? Good for her!  Jennifer came out good this season even after all that Bill affair stuff. She didn’t even have to stop eating! Show Jackass how it’s done Jen!

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

How quickly that hot chicken started dropping those guys. Bill was a good sport to agree for a tie with Joe. As Joe was struggling after his last piece with milk, Bill kept eating his next hot one. 

I loved Jen cheering Bill on "Eat another one!"

• Love 13

The wings eating contest when Bill was fine and Joe Gorga thought he would be awesome causes me to remember a time in my past. It was 1984 and I was in colleg in San Antonio. We had these Greek Week contests and one of them was a jalapeño eating contest. This guy from St. Louis thought he could do it. Well, he turned beet red and didn’t keep them down from the beginning.

I don’t remember his name, but now I will forever associate him with Joe Gorga.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
45 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I am liking the men more than the wives.

When they were loading into the Sprinters I was hoping they would put the women in one and the men in the other.  Then the cameras should follow the MEN..

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
30 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

Joe Gorga needs to have a tag line next season instead of Melissa. He’s been a great housewife. Eating hot wings, throwing up with a dildo and finally giving his blessing to Luis. He does more in one episode than most of the housewives put together.

Haha I actually like both Joe and Melissa.  I know it’s probably not a popular view but I think Melissa is one of the funnest and least dramatic housewives on this show.

• Love 21
35 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

As long as Louie keeps spewing that hot air, that love bubble ain't goin' nowhere: 

-Talking to Joe, like her father, to ask for his blessing to marry "his only sister"

-Telling Tre that Margaret is jealous of her and wants to sit in her chair

He's playing them like a fiddle

I have to say that when Teresa said if she has to cut people out of her life in order to protect her “love bubble” it raised red flags.   
I hope  Luis is an ok dude but he at times comes off as a covert narcissist.  I really hope not.  NO ONE deserves that heinous shit.

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, charming said:

The guys bring the fun to the show.

Luis is a textbook abuser. Holy cow, the flags are as red as his face. He love bombs Tre to the point that she doesn't know which way is up. Everyone's got to walk on eggshells and pretend like he's the greatest man ever. Joe Gorga looked like a deer in headlights during his rooftop convo.  Luis bragging about flying on jets and Tre never working again a day in her life while money problems and lawsuits swirl. Luis' a manipulator and his fake tears about how he manifested meeting her is gross. Once he totally isolates Tre I fear what will happen behind the doors of their 50,000 square foot house. 

Luis dismissing abuse claims against him by labeling his exes thirsty, toxic and lowlifes doesn't explain his road rage arrest where he chased a total stranger, cut him off with his car then punched him in the head. I guess Marge isn't allowed to talk about that either.

WOW .. that is interesting.  Tre and her love bubble.  She is dumb as rocks and moved too fast with this guy.  He is too smoothe.  To boot, she puts her four girls to live with that guy.  Wonder what Joe in Italy thinks of that.

• Love 10
57 minutes ago, charming said:

Luis is a textbook abuser. Holy cow, the flags are as red as his face. He love bombs Tre to the point that she doesn't know which way is up. Everyone's got to walk on eggshells and pretend like he's the greatest man ever. Joe Gorga looked like a deer in headlights during his rooftop convo.  Luis bragging about flying on jets and Tre never working again a day in her life while money problems and lawsuits swirl. Luis' a manipulator and his fake tears about how he manifested meeting her is gross. Once he totally isolates Tre I fear what will happen behind the doors of their 50,000 square foot house. 

He really is the textbook. Her gave me the serious creeps tonight. Even 30 years later, he still triggered me back to the abusive ex. That rarely happens. 

57 minutes ago, JonnieUniteUs said:

I have to say that when Teresa said if she has to cut people out of her life in order to protect her “love bubble” it raised red flags.   
I hope  Luis is an ok dude but he at times comes off as a covert narcissist.  I really hope not.  NO ONE deserves that heinous shit.

Teresa is too stupid to realize that bubbles eventually burst. 

25 minutes ago, Shannah Banana said:

Luis would make a great cult leader.

He’s got the right tendencies but lacks charisma (but let’s not give him any ideas)

• LOL 6
  • Love 9

Joe is such a jerk.  He brags about eating hot food because his parents made hot food, even gives us a brief lesson in Italian words to explain why he’s such a pro in eating hot food, eats it, immediately starts struggling with it and makes himself sick for the rest of the day.  Jerk.

• LOL 8
  • Love 4

Posts containing spoilers - anything we don’t know yet in episode time - and being snippy with other posters have been removed.  Don’t make me start flipping tables up in here!!  

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

I decided to dip my toe back in this and I am transfixed by how much Luis looks like an orange version of Charlie the StarKist Tuna.

Oh, and Tre was, is, and will forever be a bucket of suck.

• LOL 12
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

Telling Tre that Margaret is jealous of her and wants to sit in her chair

Whatever is or isn't up with Louis and whatever one thinks of Teresa I believe he got this one right.  I think Margaret has been angling to be the most prominent cast member for quite some time now, playing the long game going after side players like Siggy, Danielle, and Jen but actually seeking to eventually usurp Teresa's position. She also seems to have become more and more full of herself as time ( and surgeries) have gone by.

I think it would be interesting to see T and her family get spun off and see how the dynamic between those left would change. None of them are very interesting on their own.  Since her first season Margaret has only been able to make herself relevant by targeting and going against another cast member.  Who would she take on?  Jen fights back but also knows how to play the game.  She would probably keep Jackie as a soldier.  Dolores is both smart and tough. That leaves Melissa.....hmmmm.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

Strange to me that you’d seek the approval of a 50 year old woman’s younger brother to marry his sister, but, ok.

But that's how Italians do it, old school style!

• Love 8

What the hell was that black jacket Luis was wearing at the end. I couldn’t stop laughing at that.

I’ll say this as someone who’s never really liked Joe and Melissa that much before - I kind of feel bad for them now. Joe Gorga and Melissa have to basically accept abuse from Teresa otherwise they face her wrath. Joe and Melissa were actually pretty good this season too. Joe can be a pig but it seems like he’s trying to keep his relationship with Teresa. He seemed exhausted at the end of the episode.

Teresa on the other hand seems to get stupider by the minute. I didn’t mind her before but she is getting worse and worse. Luis prob hyped her up behind the scenes. He showed a bit of himself at the end there bragging that Teresa doesn’t have yo ever work a day in her life and how they have such a big house. Is he really that loaded? I don’t know for sure but it does seem like he’s trying to isolate Teresa classic abuser style. Eek. Who the fuck says love bubble anyways lol.

Teresa’s face looks so bad. Like her plastic surgery is so out of control.

Margaret is annoying but all Teresa needed to do is take a bit of accountability in their fight and I think it would’ve been ok. Maybe. 

Teresa could lift out of the show at this point and it would prob be fine. Dolores can fill the old school Italian vibe. She has a new bf too so there’s that and Frank always cracks me up.

I knew Bill would easily win the hot chicken challenge. He cracks me up and him and Jennifer came out both looking good after some initial crap at the beginning of this season.

• Love 19

What was hilarious was Tikis whore wife when Jackie asked her to share the coleslaw with her(gross- who would want to share cole slaw, I could see French fries but not cole slaw) anyway Traci just said a bored yes, she knows she didn’t land as a housewife. Hopefully we don’t see her after the reunion.

Also what was Tiki working on when the group all went out? Podcast? Please the player is ready for a fling.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

As long as Louie keeps spewing that hot air, that love bubble ain't goin' nowhere: 

-Talking to Joe, like her father, to ask for his blessing to marry "his only sister"

-Telling Tre that Margaret is jealous of her and wants to sit in her chair

He's playing them like a fiddle

Looie got his HW lesson from Theresa, talk around things, always deflect, get mad at the truth, walk away instead of answer legitimate questions, enter a room already pissed off over things most normal people would calmly talk about, and most of all, wear tacky clothing.

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Marley said:

What the hell was that black jacket Luis was wearing at the end. I couldn’t stop laughing at that.

He bought it from the Gypsy Collection, it was part of their their Special Occasion Wear for Douchey Men.

3 hours ago, Marley said:

Teresa on the other hand seems to get stupider by the minute. I didn’t mind her before but she is getting worse and worse. Luis prob hyped her up behind the scenes. He showed a bit of himself at the end there bragging that Teresa doesn’t have yo ever work a day in her life and how they have such a big house. Is he really that loaded? I don’t know for sure but it does seem like he’s trying to isolate Teresa classic abuser style. Eek. Who the fuck says love bubble anyways lol.

Absolutely!  To me the seem like they are two un-medicated bipolar people in each other ears, egging each other on, whipping each other in to a frenzy right before they meet up with the others.  I have experienced that scenario before as the target for their aggression...people like them always need an enemy and blind devotion from anyone in their midst and if they don't get it they will go after that or those people as "the enemy," putting their bad behavior on everyone else because they were provoked! I wonder how things will be in the long run for these two narcissistic people.

• Love 9

Luis going to Joe Gorga for Teresas hand was so fake and made about as much sense as asking Andy Cohen. In fact that would have been more believable. At least we were spared a scene of him asking her daughters. 

What would have been great tv would have been Luis flying to Italy and asking Joe Guidice for his ex wife’s hand in marriage!

• LOL 19
  • Love 3

I wonder why Tiki doesn't go out with the group when they do the daytime outings? His wife obviously wants to be on the show. You would think he would tag along until she secures her spot, then he can slid into the background. 

Not that I blame him, going out in public with this group has to be embarrassing, lol.

• Love 5

I wonder why Tiki is even on this show. Its obvious he only wants minimal contact with everyone.

Melissa dancing in the middle of the street: she is the one who is thirsty for attention.

Tre should just quit the show. She drags down any fun event. Reminds me of the girls in high school who were miserable when their boyfriends weren't around and ruined a good time.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, ichbin said:

Whatever is or isn't up with Louis and whatever one thinks of Teresa I believe he got this one right.  I think Margaret has been angling to be the most prominent cast member for quite some time now, playing the long game going after side players like Siggy, Danielle, and Jen but actually seeking to eventually usurp Teresa's position. She also seems to have become more and more full of herself as time ( and surgeries) have gone by.

I think it would be interesting to see T and her family get spun off and see how the dynamic between those left would change. None of them are very interesting on their own.  Since her first season Margaret has only been able to make herself relevant by targeting and going against another cast member.  Who would she take on?  Jen fights back but also knows how to play the game.  She would probably keep Jackie as a soldier.  Dolores is both smart and tough. That leaves Melissa.....hmmmm.  

I agree! Marge has had a big beef almost every season she's been on. And quite frankly, if it weren't for her going after Luis to poke the Tre-Bear (don't bother giving me any silly commentary that she's concerned for a "friend"), NOTHING would have happened this season besides the outing of Bill's affair. And clearly only Jennier was willing to speak about that on camera. 

Marge may not be the hot one, but she's the foxiest in the room. She sees how submissive Jen is, how fragile and unfit for reality TV Jackie is, how loyal-to-a-fault Dolores is, how dumb Melissa is, and how DONE Tre is. THIS IS THE MOMENT. Tre has one foot out the door and Melissa is too flimsy to be HBIC. That's why Marge is now targeting Joe Gorga instead of Melissa. He's the power in that duo. She's making things unpleasant for Tre, but if she wants full control then JoeGo has to also leave. You can't have the head seat on NJ with any Gorgas remaining. One thing I love about Marge, Lawd help me, is how unaffected she is by appearance. She's wise to the likes of Vicki helming a franchise for 13 years. You don't have to be a hottie supermodel. Traci and Melissa might be purdy, but they're boring AF.

Marge is actually the one who seems to get something of a pass and isn't called on the carpet for her poor pattern of behavior. Jen is actually wise to it but she gets shut down really easily - too bad. Marge went after Siggy, Danielle, Jennifer, and now Teresa. I might actually be forgetting someone but yeah, she brings conflict every single season. She's certainly angling for a spot next to Andy on a reunion couch!

• Love 8

Marge may not be the hot one, but she's the foxiest in the room.

Marge is actually the one who seems to get something of a pass and isn't called on the carpet for her poor pattern of behavior. Jen is actually wise to it but she gets shut down really easily - too bad. Marge went after Siggy, Danielle, Jennifer, and now Teresa. I might actually be forgetting someone but yeah, she brings conflict every single season. She's certainly angling for a spot next to Andy on a reunion couch!

Trout mouth may devour all one day.

• LOL 5
2 hours ago, Cozytea said:

I wonder why Tiki doesn't go out with the group when they do the daytime outings? His wife obviously wants to be on the show. You would think he would tag along until she secures her spot, then he can slid into the background. 

Not that I blame him, going out in public with this group has to be embarrassing, lol.

He probably has one of those, what do you call them, jobs. Funny though I was just thinking he seems to have more to do than his wife.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, JonnieUniteUs said:

Haha I actually like both Joe and Melissa.  I know it’s probably not a popular view but I think Melissa is one of the funnest and least dramatic housewives on this show.

I will say this, she's definitely better than Teresa. That's the best I got.

Edited by chlban
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, chick binewski said:

Oh, def not. I'm still flummoxed that they gave her & Joe that prison show and held the regular season for her. She's been unwatchable since S3.

Ever since the season Danielle came back I haven't been able to get through a whole season. I try every season but this is the first I've made it through. Don't know what the difference was, maybe a higher tolerance for creaming and yelling.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3