Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E13: Showdown in Smashville

Message added by TexasGal,

Reminders!  Talk about the episode only - individual wives have their own threads for extended convos about them.  Be civil. Use the ignore feature if someone gets under your skin.

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, Hiyo said:

But that's how Italians do it, old school style!

Speaking of .. my husband is Italian, I am not.  The day of our wedding, an hour before I left my parents house to go to the church, my in-laws appeared at my door.  Someone asked them “ what are you doing here”?  They said we are here to pick up the Bride.  Is that an Italian custom?  They should have just gone to the Church. ???

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Shannah Banana said:

Luis would make a great cult leader.

I somehow think you may have hit on his life goal. All that touchy feely syle BS. Tre seems to have an eye for con men. This one is a whole lot smoother than Juicy, but he's still a Con man. I'd bet good money on it.

• Love 10
12 hours ago, charming said:

The guys bring the fun to the show.

Luis is a textbook abuser. Holy cow, the flags are as red as his face. He love bombs Tre to the point that she doesn't know which way is up. Everyone's got to walk on eggshells and pretend like he's the greatest man ever. Joe Gorga looked like a deer in headlights during his rooftop convo.  Luis bragging about flying on jets and Tre never working again a day in her life while money problems and lawsuits swirl. Luis' a manipulator and his fake tears about how he manifested meeting her is gross. Once he totally isolates Tre I fear what will happen behind the doors of their 50,000 square foot house. 

Luis dismissing abuse claims against him by labeling his exes thirsty, toxic and lowlifes doesn't explain his road rage arrest where he chased a total stranger, cut him off with his car then punched him in the head. I guess Marge isn't allowed to talk about that either.

You are spot on. So many red flags. Teresa being dumb as a rock, couldn't be a better target for a guy like that. 

• Love 11

I have a lot of questions:

Was Delores working in corrections, and/or was Fank a practicing lawyer when he owned "the good kind" of massage parlors?

Conflict of interest much? which also begs the question, why did it take so long for him to be disbarred?

Were they married at the time? From how they talked about it, it sounds like they were.

She wasn't exaggerating when she said he spent all his money on prostitutes, was she?

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

What was hilarious was Tikis whore wife when Jackie asked her to share the coleslaw with her(gross- who would want to share cole slaw, I could see French fries but not cole slaw) anyway Traci just said a bored yes, she knows she didn’t land as a housewife. Hopefully we don’t see her after the reunion.

Also what was Tiki working on when the group all went out? Podcast? Please the player is ready for a fling.

My husband walked by when I had this on and said Tiki recently landed a big gig hosting on WFAN

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Cozytea said:

I wonder why Tiki doesn't go out with the group when they do the daytime outings? His wife obviously wants to be on the show. You would think he would tag along until she secures her spot, then he can slid into the background. 

Not that I blame him, going out in public with this group has to be embarrassing, lol.

Tiki does a live sports show on the radio everyday.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Someone please pass me one of those chicken and waffle lollipops. They look good. 

This episode will be great for tourists that saw the show.  I’d love to take a ride down there through the Smokey mountains and Nashville.  A good plug for them.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Axie said:

There has been no point in the addition of Tiki and his bride.  They have added nothing.

Yes, he didn’t say much at all.  The wife probably wanted it.  I heard he was flat broke after the ex wife took him to the cleaners.  I don’t blame her .. four kids and all.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

What was hilarious was Tikis whore wife when Jackie asked her to share the coleslaw with her(gross- who would want to share cole slaw, I could see French fries but not cole slaw) anyway Traci just said a bored yes, she knows she didn’t land as a housewife. Hopefully we don’t see her after the reunion.

I wondered how she felt watching this episode when each of the other ladies got their sign off update.    Considering all the episodes she was in and how hard she tried to get full cast recognition that must have been a bitter pill for her to swallow despite already knowing she wasn't part of the opening credits each week.  

Also, just feel it more than fair to say that there were two people involved in whatever occurred when this couple came together. By all accounts the ex-wife was done wrong, but not just by the new wife.  The man in the middle certainly deserves to be singled out as well.

• Love 17
4 minutes ago, ichbin said:

I wondered how she felt watching this episode when each of the other ladies got their sign off update.    Considering all the episodes she was in and how hard she tried to get full cast recognition that must have been a bitter pill for her to swallow despite already knowing she wasn't part of the opening credits each week.  

Also, just feel it more than fair to say that there were two people involved in whatever occurred when this couple came together. By all accounts the ex-wife was done wrong, but not just by the new wife.  The man in the middle certainly deserves to be singled out as well.

Right, I was kinda waiting for her snippet at the end to say : After the Nashville trip, they returned home only to discover the party planners number in Tiki's phone with plans to rendezvous soon in South Amboy, Traci lost her shit and flipped a table 

• LOL 17
  • Love 1
31 minutes ago, mytmo said:

They need to retool this series too.  Maybe focus on the guys.  Would be great to hear their taglines.  What would they be holding in the intro?

YES!  The guys are funny, the guys make me laugh.  I know it's crude dude humor, but I LIKE crude dude humor if it doesn't get any worse than this.  Joe Gorga slapping a dildo in every other guys face doesn't bother me, their reactions crack me up though.  It's stupid and funny, and seeing Bill's face shiny with sweat and Joe Gorga's inability to accept defeat and in literal pain from his ego, was funny.  It was even funny hearing Gorga's own fingers are too small to get the job done, and tells me all I need to know about Tarzan.  (I know, I'm bad.) 

I digress.

I would watch a show with just the dude's.  Well, except for Luis, I think he's a slimeball and entirely too red.

• LOL 6
  • Love 9

Ok the chicken wing thing was funny. Never go up against the middle eastern guy, Joe. I knew Bill would wipe the floor with him

Normally I cant stand Jackie but I 100% agree with her that there is something fishy about Luis story that ALL his exes are psycho bitches. Right. 

Andy should just give Tre the spin off she wants and get her off the damn show. Then her fans can watch her for a couple of seasons before it gets so boring that the show is canceled, a la Kim Z  from Atlanta. She will come back to RH but maybe the show can retool and she isn't the center. 

Marge is a pushy bitch but honestly when Tre isn't in the mix they are all more enjoyable. Tiki and wife (i swear I can't remember her name) add nothing so maybe are them but with the Tre drama gone they might be better. There have to be better people to add to the cast

Whats up with Joe B. and his gut? I think he has covid gut. And Marge and that outfit to ride a bike? She's ridiculous. 

• Love 9

Then her fans can watch her for a couple of seasons before it gets so boring that the show is canceled, a la Kim Z  from Atlanta.

That show lasted longer than that, 7 seasons actually. Second longest-running Bravo spin-off to date.

Caroline might be a better example as her spin-off only lasted 3 seasons.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

What is it with Marge and the platform shoes. Who wears that knowing they are going biking. And she looked just awful at the last dinner with her saggy boobs.

I really wonder how much longer this show will last. Its the same thing every week: eat and fight.

• Love 5

17 HOURS AGO, JONNIEUNITEUS SAID:

Haha I actually like both Joe and Melissa.  I know it’s probably not a popular view but I think Melissa is one of the funnest and least dramatic housewives on this show.

I will say this, she's definitely better than Teresa. That's the best I got.

She is definitely one of the ones I would gravitate to most and want to hang out with in real life because she seems nice and fun (total opposite of Teresa).  For TV entertainment purposes though, she sometimes tries too hard.  Thank goodness she has Joe Gorga as he is just made for TV.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Hiyo said:

That show lasted longer than that, 7 seasons actually. Second longest-running Bravo spin-off to date.

Caroline might be a better example as her spin-off only lasted 3 seasons.

I generally don't watch spin offs because the person at the center (spinner, spinee?) Is usually very narcissistic and thinks they are hilarious. Never watched the Kim z show, no way would i watch Caroline and those kids. Bethenny I couldn't bring myself to watch. I didn't even watch Vanderpump Rules. I just want Tre off the RH cuz when she's part of it its all about her, even when she's not on camera. She gets her Bravo paycheck and the Tre huggers can watch to their content. Im just tired of it and her 4 dotters too. I actually don't want to watch anyone's kids. I raised my kids and bratty teens are a memory that I dont want to relive. They need new blood. Does Jennifer have an equally self absorbed sister or cousin? That would be great. 

• Love 5
19 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

As long as Louie keeps spewing that hot air, that love bubble ain't goin' nowhere: 

-Talking to Joe, like her father, to ask for his blessing to marry "his only sister"

-Telling Tre that Margaret is jealous of her and wants to sit in her chair

He's playing them like a fiddle

Yes! Louie is sketchy as hell...he's playing Teresa and everyone else. Of course he wants to marry Teresa...he will then be able to tap into that Housewives $$$. And keep plying Teresa with daily affirmations and talking about their love bubble...🤮

• Love 6

I guess. I was just pointing out Kim Z's show somehow lasted 7 seasons.

It would be interesting to see how long a spin-off featuring Tre would last. Longer than Caroline's, I wonder...

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, MsMalin said:

What is it with Marge and the platform shoes. Who wears that knowing they are going biking. And she looked just awful at the last dinner with her saggy boobs.

I really wonder how much longer this show will last. Its the same thing every week: eat and fight.

Marge's outfit on the last night was hideous. She can't wear beige and that top provided no support for her fake boobies. I don't understand her wearing so many platform shoes either...what is this 1980?

6 hours ago, chlban said:

I somehow think you may have hit on his life goal. All that touchy feely syle BS. Tre seems to have an eye for con men. This one is a whole lot smoother than Juicy, but he's still a Con man. I'd bet good money on it.

Me too...He's definitely got a plan in place that will leave Teresa broke and her love bubble will be burst.

• Love 4

My feeling about Margaret is that yes, she can be pushy and she obviously likes to stir the pot. But she's not a narcissist like Teresa and doesn't demand total fealty to her. I would take her a 100 times over Teresa, who believes that "real friends" never challenge you on bad behavior. 

I have generally not been a huge Jennifer fan but I ended up liking her more this season than in the past. For one, it was nice to see her be a bit vulnerable and not perform this idea that her life is so perfect. I hope that she and Bill can work through their issues and come out stronger. 

• Love 21
1 hour ago, poeticlicensed said:

I generally don't watch spin offs because the person at the center (spinner, spinee?) Is usually very narcissistic and thinks they are hilarious. Never watched the Kim z show, no way would i watch Caroline and those kids. Bethenny I couldn't bring myself to watch. I didn't even watch Vanderpump Rules. I just want Tre off the RH cuz when she's part of it its all about her, even when she's not on camera. She gets her Bravo paycheck and the Tre huggers can watch to their content. Im just tired of it and her 4 dotters too. I actually don't want to watch anyone's kids. I raised my kids and bratty teens are a memory that I dont want to relive. They need new blood. Does Jennifer have an equally self absorbed sister or cousin? That would be great. 

I agree about the kids.  I don’t want to see them jumping in the pool or doing sports.  I’ve had enough of those days.  They use them as fillers as they ran out of ideas.  Gia is 21, but still, now she’s interrupting in Tres business.  It makes her like a little snot nose, and it’s not cute or proper.  Actually, I love to see food, houses, trips in different places, clothes, etc.  Covid ruined it tho as they were very limited.  Maybe other countries next time.

Edited by kristen111
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, chlban said:

You are spot on. So many red flags. Teresa being dumb as a rock, couldn't be a better target for a guy like that. 

Tre is walking around like she’s hypnotized.  Stars in her eyes, like Louie is her first boyfriend.  GTFOOH.  How long does everyone here give it?  They better have their bedroom far away from the kids.  They will be traumatized. Lol.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Hedgehog2022 said:
2 hours ago, MsMalin said:

Marge's outfit on the last night was hideous. She can't wear beige and that top provided no support for her fake boobies. I don't understand her wearing so many platform shoes either...what is this 1980?

Right?  Last night on WWHL she throwing shade again about  Jen  wearing Chanel accessories but not the clothing, making it clear that she thinks Jen dresses like crap.  I remember her doing something like that in the past saying Jen buys her clothes from Amazon, making it sound like that equated with garbage.  Meanwhile, if Margaret is spending money on designer duds it isn't money well spent considering she doesn't exactly look stellar from episode to episode.  If anything, Jen dresses most like what she actually is, the stay-at-home mother of several kids who is married to a physician.  Honestly, I think this entire group as a whole is probably the worst dressed overall across all the franchises.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, kristen111 said:

Tre is walking around like she’s hypnotized.  Stars in her eyes, like Louie is her first boyfriend.  GTFOOH.  How long does everyone here give it?  They better have their bedroom far away from the kids.  

Hes the love of her life!!

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
52 minutes ago, ichbin said:

Right?  Last night on WWHL she throwing shade again about  Jen  wearing Chanel accessories but not the clothing, making it clear that she thinks Jen dresses like crap.  I remember her doing something like that in the past saying Jen buys her clothes from Amazon, making it sound like that equated with garbage.  Meanwhile, if Margaret is spending money on designer duds it isn't money well spent considering she doesn't exactly look stellar from episode to episode.  If anything, Jen dresses most like what she actually is, the stay-at-home mother of several kids who is married to a physician.  Honestly, I think this entire group as a whole is probably the worst dressed overall across all the franchises.  

Some dress like Fredricks of Hollywood, like Teresa for instance.  Those cat suits lately too.  A bit much.

• Love 5

I have generally not been a huge Jennifer fan but I ended up liking her more this season than in the past. For one, it was nice to see her be a bit vulnerable and not perform this idea that her life is so perfect. I hope that she and Bill can work through their issues and come out stronger. 

Yes I think this was one of the more authentic storylines the show has done, aka yes scripted for Marge to reveal it, but I think obviously Jennifer really did bury all her feelings about this 10 years ago and was genuinely trying to finally process it all. But I do hope Bill agrees to therapy, and I hope they can work it out too. I laughed really hard when Marge was trying to comfort Jennifer and was like what are you fucking kidding me with leaving him NOW? That's crazy. That's the kind of New York/Jersey-ese that I love from both those casts.

Again I like most of the cast it's really just Theresa that drags everything down, give her spin off already.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, mytmo said:

They need to retool this series too.  Maybe focus on the guys.  Would be great to hear their taglines.  What would they be holding in the intro?

A screwdriver or a big old crescent wrench.

• LOL 2

Added for pix posterity... Big Boy Muscle Bound Frank got taken out... Bill didn't act like he had a stick up his ass (he even had on a muscle shirt?) ,  Evan must have dropped out early... Louis - I knew he would go down as soon as he could.

As nasty as it sounds - I would have loved to see their faces after their morning dump...💩

I believe Joey ate spicy growing up.... he too probably turns up the texas-pete hot sauce, straight from the bottle in the fridge.

https://hattieb.com/

image.thumb.png.ef55c20ac12d44fccc4656496df83204.png

image.thumb.png.6a5c343644bd9686ef8c8aff82d454f4.png

Edited by sATL
  • LOL 5

Louie saying "she's trying to take your seat" is all I needed to hear to confirm what I've thought from the beginning.

I wanted to really listen to the conversation between Joe Gorga and Louie but I was so distracted by the bedazzled dog tags.  Is that a thing?  Or just in Nashville with bedazzled black jackets? Louie didn't explain shit to Joe.  He just said the same exact lines again.  Anybody else notice that?

I have realized that the reason Dolores gets away with being friends with all of them is that she sits there just nodding along and saying "that's true" with raised eyebrows and a bobbing head when something is said that is fact.  She knows full fact how out of line Teresa is, she tried to diffuse last episode which I can appreciate but she will never say "Teresa, what YOU did was wrong." But she will tell the others that.  So she sits there and plays both sides of the fence yet will only really hold one side accountable.   

I do agree that Margaret doesn't accept her role in problems.  It becomes "what I did wasn't as bad therefore I am exonerated!". That is not productive either.  But the bottom line is that she is never going to get what she wants from Teresa.  Ever.  And she knows that.  You have two women (okay, you have one woman, Margaret, and little-penis-girl Teresa) who are never going to agree, listen or give an inch.  And it didn't start now, it has been building.  Teresa *has* to be in conflict with somebody, she can't handle any different.  It is as simple as that.

Anybody besides me find it kind of amusing that we learned for a fact that Bill cheated on Jen, while she was PREGNANT with their 3rd child, and he is the one who came out of this season looking like a decent, fun, stand up guy???

• Love 9
4 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Some dress like Fredricks of Hollywood, like Teresa for instance.  Those cat suits lately too.  A bit much.

That leggings ensemble she wore for the biking outing was so Jersey...and it looked hot as in sweaty hot. All that glittery stuff...just didn't jibe with an outdoor activity in Smashville in the heat of the summer. Her line of "workout" wear looks like something Peg Bundy would wear.

2 hours ago, gwen747 said:

Teresa's Love Bubble is the new Vicki's Love Tank.

Yes! And Teresa's Louie is the new Vicki's Brooks.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

Anybody besides me find it kind of amusing that we learned for a fact that Bill cheated on Jen, while she was PREGNANT with their 3rd child, and he is the one who came out of this season looking like a decent, fun, stand up guy???

Well, it did happen a decade ago...people/things can sometimes change for the better.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, gwen747 said:

Teresa's Love Bubble is the new Vicki's Love Tank.

All we need now is to learn what Teresa's love language is and we are all set.

Teresa has a fondness for houses that echo, I can only imagine how loud it is in her home on a normal day.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Well, it did happen a decade ago...people/things can sometimes change for the better.

Men.  Men can change for the better.  Women, I have learned, will ALWAYS be slut whore homewreckers no matter how much time goes by.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
16 minutes ago, lasu said:

It's just what I've "learned" from reading these boards.  Men can be called "Tiki", but women will always be "Tiki's trash whore wife."

Thank you, I posted about that double standard a while ago and I hate the whole slut shaming/sex shaming.  Let's break their situation down, Tiki cheated on his wife, she did not cheat on a spouse. Tiki could be a man whore, who knows but why put it all on Traci?  Wow, this is still the most interesting thing about her and that is a sad fact.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 17
27 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Thank you, I posted about that double standard a while ago and I hate the whole slut shaming/sex shaming.  Let's break their situation down, Tiki cheated on his wife, she did not cheat on a spouse. Tiki could be a man whore, who knows but why put it all on Traci?  Wow, this is still the most interesting thing about her and that is a sad fact.

The other double standard driving me nuts is that most slurs against marginalized groups aren't allowed, but it's apparently completely inbounds to use as many misogynist slurs against women as you want.  Frustrating.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Amen to both of you.

• Love 9