Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 3/28/2022

falltime
  • Start Topic

Nah, I like both Sunny and Ana. Whereas I hate Tara as a panelist.

17 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

I think she made a "big mistake" today (Thursday) and disagreeing a bit too much with Whoopi.  I think Whoopi has liked her so far...but if Tara watches the show critically, she should know: DON'T GO TOO FAR.  I think she did.

I hope you're right that she sunk her chances trying to shout over Whoopi continuously like that. I thought Whoopi was about to scream, "LET ME FINISH!" at one point, but surprisingly restrained herself.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

OMG!  I haven't watched yet.  The show isn't on here for 30min.  Is SUNNY still beating that dead horse?  Ana has explained to her innumerable times WHY she's a Republican.  Maybe those who prefer Ana to Tara (and I'm in that category), should another preference: Ana or Sunny.

I agree that Sunny should drop that with Ana. It reminds me of when MM would tell her she's a rino or whatever. Not cool. 

But my preference is definitely Sunny. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, JayD83 said:

Sunny needs to stop it!  Ana is a Republican, deal with it. 

And at least she is a sane one. What does Sunny want?  For the only ones left to be the batshit crazy ones?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, bluegirl147 said:

And at least she is a sane one. What does Sunny want?  For the only ones left to be the batshit crazy ones?

The way Sunny talks, she just seems to want one party with subsets within that party. That’s not how it works in this country.

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

The way Sunny talks, she just seems to want one party with subsets within that party. That’s not how it works in this country.

She also seems to have taken on the attitude of if you aren't with me you are against me.  Kinda like a former cohost who was all about her team.

• Love 6

I don't get Anna's response to Sunny's question about her party. She's in it because Abe Lincoln was? If a restaurant stopped being good I'd stop going no matter how fond my memories of their former glory was but maybe that's just me. 

I really enjoyed the panel today. I doubt Chelsea would ever become a full-time cohost of this show but I think she would be a good addition.

I hope next week we can finally stop hearing about the Oscars. I'm sure we'll get plenty more though...

• Love 6
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Nah, I like both Sunny and Ana. Whereas I hate Tara as a panelist.

16 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

I love all three and they are all friends in real life. I have seen pictures of all three hanging out with Joy at the Hamptons here in New York at Joy's house.  

47 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I  don't think that Sunny believes in a one party system.  She feels that Ana's party is not salvageable whereas Ana begs to differ. 

1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

I agree that Sunny should drop that with Ana. It reminds me of when MM would tell her she's a rino or whatever. Not cool. 

I saw nothing wrong with Sunny asking Ana that question though.  She was not disrespectful at all.  I saw two friends debating over a difference of opinion..

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, OpalNightstream said:

Ha! I saw this just in case you haven’t gotten enough. 

5740DE33-181B-4FFB-B078-0FBA2CDEB69A.jpeg

My evangelical cousin's son runs the Babylon Bee.  She  and I have disagreed over what is "sarcasm" and what is spreading fake news.  They have an agenda and it isn't humor

• Useful 5
  • Love 1

I love Stephen Merchant that is all.  I have only watched the British The  Office but didn’t know about this series.  

Chelsea is such a lovely woman.   She said everything but John Mccains name. 

For some reason I thought Whoopi was exasperated with Raven when she was on the show maybe I’m thinking of someone else that irritated her

. I hope the HELL that they don’t expect her to paint them a piece of art.   So many people think nothing of asking “paint/ give “ me one.  
Enjoyable show. 

• Love 4
40 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

I love all three and they are all friends in real life. I have seen pictures of all three hanging out with Joy at the Hamptons here in New York at Joy's house.  

I  don't think that Sunny believes in a one party system.  She feels that Ana's party is not salvageable whereas Ana begs to differ. 

I saw nothing wrong with Sunny asking Ana that question though.  She was not disrespectful at all.  I saw two friends debating over a difference of opinion..

Yeah it seems like if they leave politics out if it, they're one big happy family. They just have to discuss topics for their job that they're not going to see eye to eye on. It's like discussing politics with family. You love them and typically have no problem, but there can be the occasional tension that you quickly get over. 

True.

I didn't think Sunny asked it in a rude way either, but she's brought it up recently too. I can see Ana being like, I already addressed this! She's also dealt with a lot of "you're not really a republican" from her own party. But as a fellow Sunny fan on here, maybe my opinion is swayed by all the critical posts of her. I can be critical of her myself, but overall I think she's very lovely and don't always get when she receives backlash. 

I did enjoy today's episode a lot. Honestly, even with guest hosts I don't love, I've really been enjoying the show ever since you know who left. No one's been that bad for my personal tastes. 

Chelsea Clinton is such a delight that I don't see how anyone could dislike her however they feel about her parents. She's charming, gracious, classy, I could go on and on. 

• Love 14
3 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I'm sure they are friends. I still don't like her, personally. Wendy Williams has also hung out at Joy's house, from what I remember, wouldn't want to watch her every day either. I think Joy is even friends with Ann Coulter.

I do like both Sunny and Ana. I probably like Sunny less than I once did, overall, even though I'd never want her off the show since she comes to the table with information ready, and Ana I probably would never love 100% since I disagree with her on a lot of things even though I find her entertaining. Joy's really the only one that hits all the boxes for me where I agree with her most of the time while also finding her funny / likable, with Ana coming next and Sunny and Sara somewhere behind that.

Whoopi, I generally don't like, but I do agree with her occasionally in spite of that and she makes me laugh occasionally. Anyway, I sort of thought it was funny how on Wednesday's show, Whoopi sort of smirked at the camera when Tara was overtalking Sunny, trying not to even let her get two sentences out before interrupting her. It ended up coming back on Whoopi, with Tara doing the same thing to her yesterday during the Oscars stuff.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I did have to laugh when Ana clapped back to Sunny pestering her about why still a Rep, and Ana replied to her, 'Why are you still Roman CathoIic??'  Hahaha Love It!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 18
20 hours ago, HerkyJerky said:

What was the tweet?

He said that Will could have killed Chris. He deleted it-as Whoopi would say-it was hyber bowlick. He claims he had not seen the clip or the event when he tweeted it.

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I'm sure they are friends. I still don't like her, personally. Wendy Williams has also hung out at Joy's house, from what I remember, wouldn't want to watch her every day either. I think Joy is even friends with Ann Coulter.

There's a difference between "friendly enough," and "friends."  I couldn't watch Wendy for even one full episode--ever.  I bolded some things so I don't have to repeat them for myself.

I do like both Sunny and Ana. I probably like Sunny less than I once did, overall, even though I'd never want her off the show since she comes to the table with information ready, and Ana I probably would never love 100% since I disagree with her on a lot of things even though I find her entertaining. Joy's really the only one that hits all the boxes for me where I agree with her most of the time while also finding her funny / likable, with Ana coming next and Sunny and Sara somewhere behind that.

I agree about Sunny...the "real" Sunny is at the table more and more.  I'm with ya on Joy...my long-time favorite (I'll always remember Meredith).

Whoopi, I generally don't like, but I do agree with her occasionally in spite of that and she makes me laugh occasionally. Anyway, I sort of thought it was funny how on Wednesday's show, Whoopi sort of smirked at the camera when Tara was overtalking Sunny, trying not to even let her get two sentences out before interrupting her. It ended up coming back on Whoopi, with Tara doing the same thing to her yesterday during the Oscars stuff.

Yep!  When it happened to Sunny--it entertained Whoopi.  When it happened to HER, she probably filed it under "pending business.  If Tara's name comes up for consideration, I'm sure Whoopi will bring Sunny's "treatment" into the conversation.  Methinks Tara overstepped her bounds.  She did know better.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

But as a fellow Sunny fan on here, maybe my opinion is swayed by all the critical posts of her. I can be critical of her myself, but overall I think she's very lovely and don't always get when she receives backlash. 

I'm not one of them; I'm a "backlasher."

• Love 2
1 hour ago, athousandclowns said:

I hope the HELL that they don’t expect her to paint them a piece of art.

I don't think there's a question when someone whined, "I wannnnt one," on national televsion.

1 hour ago, athousandclowns said:

So many people think nothing of asking “paint/ give “ me one.  

And isn't is usually those who could afford to support that artist in so many ways?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I saw nothing wrong with Sunny asking Ana that question though.  She was not disrespectful at all. 

Posters (including myself) are not saying anything is "wrong" or "disrespectful.  As far as my opinion, it's GIVE IT A REST!  Asked and answered again and again and again.  It's annoying to the audience and surely it annoys Ana.

We know Sunny portends Ana isn't "Republican enough."  She has posed that question in various forms for as long as Ana's been at the table. Is she someone who ASKS an (important) question but doesn't bother to listen to the (unimportant) answer?  

• Love 1

I enjoyed Sunny and Ana's back-and-forth, because I think it's a question that America needs to consider — is the GOP beyond redemption, or can it be reformed? Even though, ideologically, I'm more on Sunny's "side," I thought Ana made an excellent point when she asked Sunny why she's still Catholic.

I think that's what balancing the panel a little could bring to the show. I don't know if the show wants it, though (and I don't think Ana wants a full-time seat). I think they want foot-stomping, pouting "conservatives" who do the rat-a-tat-tat responses. 

If The View is still bound and determined to replace TheDaughter with another conservative, they need a rational person like Ana. I don't love Tara, but she is miles ahead of deplorables The View has auditioned this season.

On 3/31/2022 at 1:40 PM, debbie311 said:

When I watched that (I saw a slightly longer version on Twitter, but I can't find it), I thought it was possible Jada thought it was a bit at first, too.

On 3/31/2022 at 1:42 PM, After7Only said:

There's video out there not necessarily of her face, but shot from behind her.  It appeared like she laughed after Chris said Will smacked him (as did many in the audience), and then just sat in her seat as Will yelled out.  Didn't even look his way.  It was very weird.   She may have been just as shocked as everyone else.   

See @debbie311's link above, @After7Only. I saw a longer version where Jada began to clap after Chris Rock said "That was the greatest night in the history of television," (which came after Will Smith's demand that Rock keep his wife's name out of his mouth).

On 3/31/2022 at 2:47 PM, Pearson80 said:

Jada actually kissed Will after he assaulted Chris, so she was fine with it..

Where did you see this? Also, personally, I don't care if she kissed her husband. He's her husband. I'm not blaming a wife for her husband's actions. He has free agency.

4 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Definitely the best show this week, thanks to no Tara. Well, that, and receding focus on Will Smith. Chelsea surprisingly caused one of the funnier moments when she said, "Trump ate the Republican Party" and that maybe Graham is still in Trump's belly, lol.

Coming after the past three days, this show is a perfect example about what's right with Ana and wrong with Tara. Ana was willing to admit she'd been wrong about Lindsey Graham, while also arguing back against Sunny on the point about why she's still in the party. No overtalking, no shouting, no condescending nonsense. She could let other people speak, and after they argue, quickly move along and keep things lighthearted. She is definitely a rare find, that's for sure. Only a shame she can't brighten The View every day.

I agree. I liked your other post too (where you talked about the hosts, and largely agree with it, although I think I like Whoopi more than you do).

• Love 6
4 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I think what sunny wants is the normal/former R party..the one that worked for the citizens and was willing to compromise and work with the Ds.  I mean sunny is correct that Ana’s party is not the R party today.  And Ana’s right that we need two parties.  What Ana hasnt said is how she thinks that can happen with the R party as it is today.  

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

There's a difference between "friendly enough," and "friends."  I couldn't watch Wendy for even one full episode--ever.  I bolded some things so I don't have to repeat them for myself.

I agree about Sunny...the "real" Sunny is at the table more and more.  I'm with ya on Joy...my long-time favorite (I'll always remember Meredith).

Yep!  When it happened to Sunny--it entertained Whoopi.  When it happened to HER, she probably filed it under "pending business.  If Tara's name comes up for consideration, I'm sure Whoopi will bring Sunny's "treatment" into the conversation.  Methinks Tara overstepped her bounds.  She did know better.

I totally agree on all points!

• Useful 1
23 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

My brother lives in Madison Cawthorne's district in North Carolina.  I'm afraid to ask him if he voted for him because I'm afraid he will say yes.

I run lukewarm and cold on Tara.  Yes the show could and has done worse but I'm afraid if she got the gig she would become much more of cheerleader for her party.  

21 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

I agree, we need more, more, more of that...but Tara needs to tread lightly-er if she wants the job.

22 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

I agree, we need more, more, more of that...but Tara needs to tread lightly-er if she wants the job.

Tara is no longer a Republican, she is registered Independent , and was a senior advisor to the Lincoln Project during the last Presidential Campaign.  I believe that she also does a podcast with one of the LP operatives.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

I love Stephen Merchant that is all.  I have only watched the British The  Office but didn’t know about this series.  

Chelsea is such a lovely woman.   She said everything but John Mccains name. 

For some reason I thought Whoopi was exasperated with Raven when she was on the show maybe I’m thinking of someone else that irritated her

. I hope the HELL that they don’t expect her to paint them a piece of art.   So many people think nothing of asking “paint/ give “ me one.  
Enjoyable show. 

/me said sheepishly.  But I have learned my lesson.  Let me say that first Haha.  My sister is gifted in everything she does.  Writes, acts, sings,paints, written two books and counting and on and on and on.  Jealous much?  Hell yeah. I dont have a creative bone in my body. And trust me theres alotta of bones.  Anyway I kept bugging. There was an old tree I wanted done and kept asking before seeing the light that brushing off the subject was her polite way of saying kiss my ass bitch hahahah.  If the roles were reversed,  or even not, but I would like to do something special for her in that she has already done bunches for me.  Oh crocheting.  Did I leave that out ROFL.  Irish dancing til her knees couldn't take it anymore.  Ok stopping now.  Lol 😘🙃

Edited by ForumLou
Fixed
  • Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

We know Sunny portends Ana isn't "Republican enough."  She has posed that question in various forms for as long as Ana's been at the table. 

The next time Sunny asks her, Ana should ask if Sunny wants her to channel Meghan McCain!

44 minutes ago, The Mighty Peanut said:

Will Smith just resigned from the Academy, so for everyone hoping The View would drop it next week...you're out of luck. :(

I hope next week The View celebrates the winners who were overshadowed by Will Smith's behaviour. Turn him into another "he who will not be named".

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Triviatrish2 said:

Tara is no longer a Republican, she is registered Independent , and was a senior advisor to the Lincoln Project during the last Presidential Campaign.  I believe that she also does a podcast with one of the LP operatives.

I want everyone on the panel to be a registered Independent...and then let their various leanings take them wherever need be.  No one would be beholden to a party and they would be able to agree and disagree without Sunny's questioning their affiliations.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, General Days said:

He's her husband. I'm not blaming a wife for her husband's actions. He has free agency.

Many of the gossip mongers--I mean television "entertainment" shows, magazines, websites have hinted for YEARS that Will does NOT have free agency...and that Jada IS in charge of her husband's actions. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Many of the gossip mongers--I mean television "entertainment" shows, magazines, websites have hinted for YEARS that Will does NOT have free agency...and that Jada IS in charge of her husband's actions. 

If that’s true, that’s on Will too for allowing it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Of course they have.  She's a strong black woman who doesn't let herself be pushed around.  So naturally that has to mean he's whipped.  It's racist and sexist and insulting to men and women.  But it sells.

• Love 10
On 3/30/2022 at 1:03 AM, Pearson80 said:

What Will did to Chris Rock and what happened between Serena and Naomi is apples and oranges.  

What they did was technically different, but the results were the same. Serena took away Osaka’s opportunity to celebrate and feel good about her accomplishment just like Will Smith took away all the Oscar winner’s moments to shine.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, SusanM said:
11 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Of course they have.  She's a strong black woman who doesn't let herself be pushed around.  So naturally that has to mean he's whipped.  It's racist and sexist and insulting to men and women.  But it sells.

If it's about one specific woman and that one man, does it have to be racist, sexist...and insulting to ALL men and women?  Why not simply insulting to Jada and Will particularly...and only?

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

People can SAY that, but its not true.  Of COURSE he has free agency.  She cannot physically control him.  The attitude that men aren't responsible for their actions because they are forced to act a certain way by women is ridiculous and insulting.  A man can be married to a strong woman and without becoming controlled by her.  

Adults are responsible for their actions.  Just because someone is perceived as likeable or talented, or whatever, he can't  be excused for acting a certain way because "his wife controls him."  I agree with @SusanM, its both sexist and racist.

• Love 8
22 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

People can SAY that, but its not true.  Of COURSE he has free agency.  She cannot physically control him.  The attitude that men aren't responsible for their actions because they are forced to act a certain way by women is ridiculous and insulting.  A man can be married to a strong woman and without becoming controlled by her.  

Adults are responsible for their actions.  Just because someone is perceived as likeable or talented, or whatever, he can't  be excused for acting a certain way because "his wife controls him."  I agree with @SusanM, its both sexist and racist.

Maybe it was a case of 'stand by my man' until they got home behind closed doors and then she layed into him. Gave him the good 'ol whatfor, the wtf, the whaaaaa???  Then after it's all out she'll be back to standing by 'em. I hope we all can, least me, can chill on talking about it.  I'm sick of it.  Until the 16th that is.