Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E09: Power of Veto #4; Live Eviction #4

• Start Topic

That's the fastest any season has gone from happy to sad. Just one episode. 

I want to be there when Cynthia and Carson realize they've been bamboozled. 

I'll never understand Lamar. It's like he's 8 different people. 

• Love 19
7 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

So sad for Shanna. Her day is only going to get worse on the outside. 

How do you figure?  I expect this season is in Shanna’s rear view mirror as soon as she pulls out of the parking lot.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Nashville said:

How do you figure?  I expect this season is in Shanna’s rear view mirror as soon as she pulls out of the parking lot.

Her boyfriend was seen buying a ring (engagement?) at a jewelry store, but there are unconfirmed reports that he is not happy with Shanna's relationships with some of the houseguests.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Useful 2

Carson seems generally well liked on these reality shows but I hope his popularity takes a little ding.   Nothing major, but he needs a little more than a cue card playfully upside the head for this idiocy.  I know I he's gone a notch or two for me after this.  

6 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

Her boyfriend was seen buying a ring (engagement?) at a jewelry store, but there are unconfirmed reports that he is not happy with Shanna's relationships with some of the houseguests.

Like who?  And why?   Has she been flirting with someone?  Was it just because she paired up with Chris?  I didn't see or hear anything about them.   I really don't know her beyond this show but she's been fine in all respects from what we've seen so if he's bothered by something here maybe it's not a match.  

• Love 11
15 hours ago, Nashville said:

I know precisely nothing about Shanna’s life outside this appearance, and absolutely zero about her boyfriend - but if he’s fickle enough to flake out badly enough over Shanna’s participation in a competitive reality show to break things off when they were on the verge of engagement, then she probably dodged a bullet.

I agree.  He was supposedly unhappy about a conversation she had with, I think, Lamar and maybe someone else.  I saw the conversation on a video clip and it was harmless, IMO.  

I'm so sad Shanna didn't at least have a chance tonight to play veto.  It's like everything was stacked against her.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Love 3

[Watching now]

What the hell am I watching?  Carson and Cynthia prefer to evict the third member of their own alliance and take on the opposing four-person team by themselves?  Because Shanna has too much "self-interest"?

That's the stupidest move I've ever seen on this show.

I expect Carson and Cynthia will be dinged one-two and we'll be stuck watching Meisha's team cannibalize each other.

Idiots.

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
15 minutes ago, Diana Berry said:

Im lost.  Why did todrick  give the veto to Todd instead of Meisha? 

Short answer:  he was being an arrogant prick.

Basically he was so confident in how well he and Meisha had bamboozled Carson that he didn't need to take Meisha down. It was all for show, for the DRA-MA darling and to show that Toddrick is the most masterful BB player ev-ah.   In reality it was just a dick move.  For reference, see:  Booger jumping off the wall before Julie finished explaining the Final HOH comp in All Stars.  

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Gemma Violet said:

If it's true they have been in an on and off relationship since 2020, then it wasn't very stable anyway.  It will hurt her, especially on the heels of the rejection in the house, but she'll be better off in the long run.  

It was fun watching Lamar chewing on his nails for an uncomfortably long time when he was supposed to be voting.  Is he OK?  

I sincerely hope M&T immediately turn on C&C.  I want the realization that they royally screwed up to hit like a ton of bricks, not slowly creep up on them.  Although I suspect Cynthia might be the type who would rather double down on a mistake than admit she was wrong.  But I don't know anything about her other than what has been aired, and what I've read in the Live Feed thread.  

Edited by eskimo
  • Love 9

I blame this stupidity on Cynthia. She got Carson to go with her. In one week I’ve gone from anybody but Todrick and Miesha to anybody but Cynthia. She has a lot to say for someone that hasn’t even been close to winning a challenge. Shanna has done more to keep Carson in the game than Cynthia. I take pleasure in knowing when C+C watch this episode the magnitude of their stupidity will hopefully embarrass them. 

• Love 19

Somewhere out there, Marcellas is rejoicing as he no longer holds the title for the dumbest move in BB History.  

I have no words for the complete idiocy perpetrated by Carson and Cynthia.  Miesha and Toddrick are assholes, but they are playing the game.  They are no fun to watch, but at least they're not willfully dumb.  I can't believe Shanna spelled it out to Cynthia that she SAVED Carson while M/T have been targeting him the entire time and she chose to believe that it was due to selfish motivation on Shanna's part.  I also can't believe Carson believed Miesha on that "deal'.

They can complain all they want about Shanna, but this jury WILL have seen the show and know exactly how this went down.

I don't know if I'll finish the season, Toddrick is a little too mean-spirited and Miesha is too competitive.  I guess it would be different in a season where both sides were operating on the same level, but this is just no fun.

Go Todd and Lamar!

Edited by leocadia
total is not the same as title
  • Love 16
24 minutes ago, Diana Berry said:

Im lost.  Why did todrick  give the veto to Todd instead of Meisha? 

4 minutes ago, Maverick said:

Basically he was so confident in how well he and Meisha had bamboozled Carson that he didn't need to take Meisha down. It was all for show, for the DRA-MA darling and to show that Toddrick is the most masterful BB player ev-ah.   In reality it was just a dick move.  For reference, see:  Booger jumping off the wall before Julie finished explaining the Final HOH comp in All Stars.  

Actually, I think there may have been a modicum of strategy behind Todrick using the PoV on Todd instead of Miesha:

1. Somehow, someway, for reasons incomprehensible to all, Carson and Cynthia appear blissfully, totally ignorant of the fact Miesha and Todrick have (at present anyway) a ride-or-die F2 relationship - and that’s just the way M&T want C&C to stay.
  2. So long as Shanna goes OTB, any 3 voting-eligible members of the 4-person Miesha/Todrick/Todd/Lamar voting bloc will guarantee Shanna’s eviction - so it doesn’t really matter whether it’s Miesha or Todd sitting beside Shanna when she gets the bad news.
  3. Todrick using the PoV on Miesha may reinforce any disquieting mental murmurs Carson and/or Cynthia might have about the M&T pair, though, while Todrick using the PoV on Todd alleviates any such suspicions - so why risk alarming C&C unnecessarily?

The end result’s the same either way, but the PoV-Todd route keeps Carson & Cynthia both chewing their cuds like the contented CBB cows they are.  And C&C won’t even be concerned when Miesha walks up to them slowly with the HoH bolt gun, because Todrick will be there to tell them there’s absolutely nothing to worry about at all….  🙄

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
47 minutes ago, Maverick said:

Exactly he was rubbing shannas eviction in her face by leaving bulldog meisha on the block.

I think todrick also used it to gain points with Todd that I’m sure he’ll want repaid with a jury vote…. Meisha better keep her eyes on todrick because he’s a very sneaky player… I hope they wind up attacking each other 

• Love 9

I wanted to punch dumbass Carson in the face at the very end when he thanked meisha for her *classy* speech and then said that shanna wasn’t classy… I thought my head would explode 🤯 meanwhile todrick and meisha were still attacking shanna and calling her a liar 🤥 and Cynthia gobbled it all up with a spoon.  Ugh!

• Love 3

My impressions - and please feel free to discuss/rebut:

1. Initial impressions to the contrary aside, Carson is WAY too much a trusting / gullible / clueless * fucker to ever play BB successfully; the concept that two people might coordinate a lie between them appears well-nigh incomprehensible to him.  And it wasn’t even like they each repeated the same lie separately, in different conversations; Todrick and Miesha were standing together in the same room when Todrick throws an obvious leading question to his ride-or-die Miesha, who responds accordingly.
  2. I have zero clue why (maybe someone else with knowledge of their relationship outside the House might chime in?), but Cynthia appeared hell-bent on disliking and/or distrusting Shanna right from the start. All Cynthia lacked was a validating rationale, no matter how feeble or specious - and the moment Todrick handed her one, Cynthia grabbed it and ran with it.
  3. Lamar’s behavior during the eviction vote has me wondering if TPTB might want to consider embargoing any consumption of alcohol or certain vaping substances on broadcast days prior to the live show.
  4. Oh - and for GOD’s sake get the man some functional nail clippers, stat.  
  5. I pity the poor schlimazel of an intern stuck with cleaning Lamar’s shit off that DR couch.  🤢
  6. Shut up, Todrick.  Every good game move is not THE GREATEST BB MOVE OF ALL TIME EVAHHHH.
  7. Miesha is a fierce physical competitor to be sure, but I’ve climbed rock faces with more personality.
  8. It’s telling that Todd was just as fucking surprised as the rest of the planet when Todrick used the PoV on him.
  9. Shanna: look on the bright side, dear - at least you’re free of the International House of Morons.  Now go get a new wardrobe, dump Mr. Fickle, pawn his ring** and enjoy life away from all the insanity and inanity.

Take your pick; they all apply equally well.

** What is the going market price of CZ nowadays anyway?

• LOL 9
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, Nashville said:

Actually, I think there may have been a modicum of strategy behind Todrick using the PoV on Todd instead of Miesha:

Definitely possible.  Given the glee he seems to have at destroying people in this game, though, I'm sticking with arrogant prick.   Of course strategy and being a prick aren't mutually exclusive.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, Melina22 said:

That's the fastest any season has gone from happy to sad. Just one episode. 

Sad? Pretty much unwatchable. 

I hope Lamar wins. Because he has no idea what he’s doing, he doesn’t understand anything about the game, and I’m sure people will still be trying to explain it to him as the final votes are read. Which makes him exactly the winner this season deserves. 

I’m guessing that Carson’s preexisting friendship with Todrick made him more inclined to believe the lies. I wonder what the fallout from that will be. I do know that I’ve lost a lot of respect for Carson. I hope he feels like shit when he watches the playback, and that he shows up on Shanna’s doorstep afterward with a bouquet of roses and a great big apology. (I also kind of hope she slams the door in his face, but I’m petty that way.)

• LOL 5
  • Love 14

I'm probably out for the season as the last couple of episodes have infuriated me rather than entertained me.  I guess I can't understand how people don't even believe their own experiences and would prefer to believe those who have been targeting them from the very beginning.  Not only did Shanna save Carson-her own closest ally went home in his place.  Meisha and Todrick have been very clear that they were targeting Carson and yet Carson (and Cynthia) don't believe any of their own experiences.  

I think Carson's pre-existing relationship with Todrick helped sway him, but still, Carson experienced every single thing that happened.  I do wonder though if Carson is considering his long-term career and social interactions more than winning the game.

Nevertheless, as I am no longer entertained (and don't want to stress-watch), I will bid adieu to the season and grieve the gloriousness that it might have been.

• Love 9

I had to shut it off when Toddrick won veto and Shanna just happened to not be picked to play. This is all fake fake fake...scripted. 100%. No way that Cindi is this stupid. And does BB think we are so stupid to believe this is actually how things naturally played out? First of all...it was soooooo dumb of ChrisNSYNC to have Shanna pull Carson down and sacrifice himself. The whole concept of the 3 left (Shanna, Cindy and Carson) having a shot to win next HoH and then cut the head off the nasty duo. What was the difference in Carson, Cindy and Shanna versus ChrisNSYNC, Cindy and Shanna? Plus the target wouldn't have been put on he and Shanna. Like WTF. They should have let Carson get clipped. Then one of them would have won and gotten rid of Meisha. But, as if on script, Carson was saved and he won HoH like some stupid Hallmark movie plot. Fake...fakety...fake. Not bothering to watch to the end. I have enough fake boring drivel with my Young and the Restless.

1 hour ago, Melina22 said:

I hope everyone is ready for a Todd/Lamar final two. Can you imagine Lamar's final speech? "Please vote for me to win so Khloe will take me back. Is this going to be on TV? I want pancakes." 

This. Stupid and fake pre scripted nonsense. 

Oh and Lamar reminds me of...someone....who is it....um

...someone who likes ice cream...??

Edited by Lamima
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, seacliffsal said:

I'm probably out for the season as the last couple of episodes have infuriated me rather than entertained me.  I guess I can't understand how people don't even believe their own experiences and would prefer to believe those who have been targeting them from the very beginning.  Not only did Shanna save Carson-her own closest ally went home in his place.  Meisha and Todrick have been very clear that they were targeting Carson and yet Carson (and Cynthia) don't believe any of their own experiences.  

I think Carson's pre-existing relationship with Todrick helped sway him, but still, Carson experienced every single thing that happened.  I do wonder though if Carson is considering his long-term career and social interactions more than winning the game.

Nevertheless, as I am no longer entertained (and don't want to stress-watch), I will bid adieu to the season and grieve the gloriousness that it might have been.

Me too! 

I was scrolling through Twitter before I watched and it was all “OMG Todrick has ruined this show for me” “Todrick is the woooorst” Todrick is such a jerk how could he DO that to Shanna” and to this all I say is … Todrick said whatever he had to do to win.  The believing of it?  That is ALLLLLLLLL on Carson and Cynthia.

I hope Cynthia watches this back and realizes how insane she sounded when she was basically straight up telling Shanna that what she was saying isn’t true because Todrick said something different.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
28 minutes ago, mojoween said:

I was scrolling through Twitter before I watched and it was all “OMG Todrick has ruined this show for me” “Todrick is the woooorst” Todrick is such a jerk how could he DO that to Shanna” and to this all I say is … Todrick said whatever he had to do to win.  The believing of it?  That is ALLLLLLLLL on Carson and Cynthia.

I hope Cynthia watches this back and realizes how insane she sounded when she was basically straight up telling Shanna that what she was saying isn’t true because Todrick said something different.

Stupid is as stupid does.

• Love 2

Series record: cancelled.

Miesha is a fierce physical competitor to be sure, but I’ve climbed rock faces with more personality.

Amen. Carson and Cynthia are too stupid to watch anymore, and everyone else is too boring. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Melina22 said:

I hope everyone is ready for a Todd/Lamar final two. Can you imagine Lamar's final speech? "Please vote for me to win so Khloe will take me back. Is this going to be on TV? I want pancakes." 

Could be worse. 
Could be Jackson and his watermelons.  
Again.

———

And that one episode just purged CBB of anybody I might have any inclination to root for.  
Think I may take this series off my DVR’s recording queue; I’ll still keep the summary thread updated, but I can do that without having to watch.  Thank god.

• Love 4

38 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

I wonder if Cynthia is one of those women who values a man’s word over a woman’s.  The way she immediately accepted what Todrick said about Shanna was insane.

IMHO Cynthia’s behavior was more basic than that; for WHATEVER reason, Cynthia simply didn’t want to like Shanna - so when Todrick handed Cynthia an absolutely 100% Grade-A bullshit reason why Carson and Cynthia shouldn’t like Shanna, Cynthia grabbed it and held on tight.  
For Cynthia, validation of her feelings far outweighed the truth - and ensuring Carson followed her down that rabbit hole further supported that validation.

• Love 9

Oh sweet baby Jesus, the stupidity hurts! C&C deserve to look like the fools that they are. Lamar is also an idiot. Loved, however, that he had to be reminded that it was live tv and to speed it up and vote. I cannot stand Todd. That leaves the duo of M&T. I am at a loss as to how this season got here. 

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

What I meant was siding with someone who was representative of one's own identity (bias) versus someone who doesn't (i.e. Shanna [so Carson relying on another gay and Cynthia relying on another African American]).  

Anything’s possible - but:

• Carson specifically stated his (BB-moronic) reason for flipping on Shanna was because Miesha and Todrick reinforced each other and he didn’t think both of them would tell the same lie.  The notion of partners coordinating their stories doesn’t seemed to have occurred to Carson, and neither has the concept of lying to win.
  • The speed at which Cynthia latched onto Todrick’s spiel?  The death grip she immediately applied to the idea of Shanna double-dealing?  Her refusal to even CONSIDER any hypothesis not based upon Shanna’s guilt?  That’s all Cynthia - purely internal, and not engaged by external stimuli.  Don’t have a clue what it was, but Cynthia found something about Shanna super-triggery - and while Todrick may have pulled the trigger, he didn’t manufacture the gun.
  • Love 10

Damn nobody walked Shanna to the door.  I couldn’t feel bad for her outside of that because she was double dealing but so is everyone else.  Carson, the fact that she took you off using the POV should have been proof enough for you but you’re so far up your ass that you can’t see you’ve been played.  Oh well, you’ll find out soon, you and Cynthia.

Lamar, take it from someone who has painfully been where you are now….sometimes, ‘I’m sorry’ just isn’t enough.  And though you may change into someone with the potential of being a great catch, please know that once the straw on the camel’s back has been broken, it is impossible to get a second chance.  I hope you and Khloe reconnect as possibly friends but romantically?  That ship has long sailed, Lammy.

He so reminds me of Snuffleupagus from Sesame Street, especially when he was biting his nails.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

He so reminds me of Snuffleupagus from Sesame Street, especially when he was biting his nails.

That was just so... odd. And a tidge repulsive... I mean he was really gettin in there, and then the apparent stacking and unstacking of the bit off pieces? *shudder*

I was waiting for him to lean over to Todd and say "Wait a minute this show goes out LIVE??? [shocked pause] Yea sure, next thing you'll tell me that people can watch us 24 hours a day!"

2 hours ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

Damn nobody walked Shanna to the door.

She initiated a few quick hugs then beat it, fuming, out the door without even taking her bag she wanted out so bad.

Edited by Wandering Snark
1 hour ago, Wandering Snark said:

[Shanna] initiated a few quick hugs then beat it, fuming, out the door without even taking her bag she wanted out so bad.

I thought that at first as well, but then I realized neither of the bags by the door was Shanna’s - the luggage belonged to Miesha and Todd, as they occupied the Block at the beginning of the broadcast.  Only those two would’ve been given their baggage to pack up pre-show.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 2/15/2022 at 10:34 AM, mojoween said:

I will never understand viewers being upset that people play to win.  

21 minutes ago, Talented Tenth said:

I will never understand viewers being upset that people play to win.  

I don’t think it’s that so much as Todrick failed to recognize something which should’ve been obvious to any true BB “superfan”; namely, BB and CBB are not the same thing.

One of the more fundamental differences between the two is how bloodthirsty HGs generally tend to get in their gameplay; what would be considered middle-of-the-road strategic play in a regular BB season is excessively cutthroat in a season of CBB.  To a massive extent the “kinder, gentler” tone of CBB was internally established by the initial celebrity HGs, most of whom were…

1. Already more acclimated then your average regular season BB HG to the effects and consequences of public scrutiny into their daily lives;
  2. Extremely aware they were going to be in the House for a very short time, relatively speaking; and
  3. Planned to have very long lives (hopefully) in the public eye outside the House afterwards;

…and were therefore more than usually inclined and equipped to proactively manage their public-facing personas, even during game downtime.  Some were extremely successful at this (IMHO Omarosa exited the House to a much more favorable public perception than she had going in); others, less so (hiya Loco -er- Lolo!).

My point - and I do have one - being this: for someone who so loudly touted himself as a BB “superfan”, Todrick sure showed damn little appreciation of the finer differences between BB and CBB.  Todrick pursued a strategic course which would’ve been par for the course in a regular BB season, but came across as scorched earth in CBB - and now he’s dealing (or not dealing) with the fallout, and DAMN that shit is radioactive.

• Love 5
(edited)

Just an idle followup thought here:

Reckon is this simply an unavoidable consequence of our entry into the Age of the InstaCeleb - where “celebrity” status is regularly conferred upon the reality show regulars and YouTube influencers du jour, with little or none of the YEARS of public exposure trial-by-fire with which the initial crop of CBB performers/public figures had to contend - and, in doing so, gained experience in how to handle it?

Edited by Nashville
Expansion