Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E04: Bliss, Brunches, and Brawls...Oh My!

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, After7Only said:

Alyssa was upset that Chris called her a liar, but expected him to lie to her family and the show about what they talked about…lol. The marriage and their story belongs to both of them. Each of them signed a contract with the show to share their experience. She can violate her contract if she wants but it’s unfair to expect Chris to violate his because of her feelings.   

She's so ridiculous! WHY would she expect him to have her back & hide her BS?!!! They're obviously NOT a team!!! She can't honestly expect to have it all: reject him & have him act like everything's fine. DELUSIONAL!!

• Love 7

Poor Mark. I want to know what he said or did to stop Lindsey from bothering Olaj. It sounds like he did nothing. It's sad that he's in that position to have to be like a parent to his wife because she's embarrassing them. It sounds like he didn't check her at all & even babied her at the hotel. He was really good making amends with the group, but needs to set boundaries with Lindsey. It would've been funny if she was arrested when they deplaned. 😅 I really want to know WHY she was so belligerent & if she even remembers what happened. It was probably alcohol, but how does that make people act so stupid? People say to ignore her, but a pest is gunna pester. Why not tell them to leave you alone & move away from them? I wonder if Olaj & Katina could've changed seats. I haven't dealt with a Lindsey & hope I never will. 😅 How can Lindsey say she loves him already? She might love how he handled the situation, but it's only been a day, don't be ridiculous!

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Lindz said:

Poor Mark. I want to know what he said or did to stop Lindsey from bothering Olaj. It sounds like he did nothing. It's sad that he's in that position to have to be like a parent to his wife because she's embarrassing them. It sounds like he didn't check her at all & even babied her at the hotel. He was really good making amends with the group, but needs to set boundaries with Lindsey. It would've been funny if she was arrested when they deplaned. 😅 I really want to know WHY she was so belligerent & if she even remembers what happened. It was probably alcohol, but how does that make people act so stupid? People say to ignore her, but a pest is gunna pester. Why not tell them to leave you alone & move away from them? I wonder if Olaj & Katina could've changed seats. I haven't dealt with a Lindsey & hope I never will. 😅 How can Lindsey say she loves him already? She might love how he handled the situation, but it's only been a day, don't be ridiculous!

Lindsey seems to be perpetually drunk to me.  I think there might have been alcohol in her matcha breakfast smoothy! I kid, but it is very hard to tell when she is sober.  She is clearly in a lot of pain.

• Love 10
On 1/26/2022 at 10:54 PM, Elizzikra said:

I believe he did say that ACE was gaslighting him.

Here is my proposal for a couple like Chris and ACE. First day of the honeymoon (which I think ACE is attending only because she thought it would be a nice trip on someone else's dime), couples having problems like this get an in-person meeting with the experts. All three of them. They talk through what their problems are and get some early and intensive help on how to work through these challenges. Doing this with Chris and ACE would really force ACE to come out with it and say "I think you're unattractive and I'm embarrassed to have you as my husband because of the way you look." The experts would shoot through all that "we don't have the same hobbies and he sounds like a workaholic" bullshit she's managed to eek out so far.

I only watched about half of this episode so far, but I agree with what you're saying. The experts should be stepping in early in these types of situations. Sit Alyssa down and tell her that there's a reason guys in the past didn't work out for her and she needs to change her mindset and give the guy a chance. Stop writing someone off because he is not your usual type. They just let it play out while the spouse is really upset and doesn't know what to do. The experts just let it play out for drama but if I were the spouse I'd be desperate for help in this situation and they should recognize that. 

I hate how season after season the people say, " I trust the experts." But why do you trust them? Just watch previous seasons and you'll know not to.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
On 1/26/2022 at 5:19 PM, TheBride said:

Is it me? Or are Alyssa and Chris not even remotely a good match? I don't know why these two were matched. I don't think it's Alyssa's fault, he's clearly not her type. What a mess.

Its hard to believe whoever ultimately picks these couples actually chooses couple who more than likely have little chance. The problem between the two is obvious. On the looks scale she is about 8 or 9. Chris is about a 5-6. She's thin, beautiful blue eyes and perfect teeth. The marriage was over the moment she clapped her eyes on him and saw his crooked teeth and 30 pounds over weight. From that moment on she was looking for a way to avoid this whole scene and make it crystal clear she isn't with him. I do feel for Chris. No matter how he imagined this whole scenario this was the last thing he thought would happen.

I thought her saying she doesn't want to share a room with a stranger was peculiar. In fact it wasn't the stranger she didn't want to share a room with it was the known quantity that she didn't want share with or give the slightest indication she is the least bit interested in him. He knew it right away when he kept asking anyone he could if they gave her indications.

Since they seem to set up people in these predicaments I hope they spend sometime in the process going over what to do if your new spouse is clearly unhappy with who they picked? And go over what to do if you are not attracted to your new spouse. If anything the woman on the looks scale should be a point or two below the man. Men (IMO) tend to be a bit insecure if they are matched with a woman who is uptick a few points on the looks scale.

No matter how much folks swear up and down its marriage at first sight in most instances its marriage on approval. She doesn't approve and this isn't just an uphill battle. He can do no right at this point. He should go home. Yes he'll miss the money but really is he just going to embarrass himself? I can't imagine how embarrassing it would be to have a new wife who doesn't even sit close to you. Looked like her and the other couple were a threesome.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Lindz said:

I don’t know what Mark did on the flight (though it sounds like a hopeless case and she didn’t even listen to the flight attendant’s repeated admonishments). But Mark said on the aftershow that he told Lindsey that if she continues this behavior then their marriage isn’t going to work because he’s a non-confrontational kind of person, but they didn’t show us that on the main show—just everything he did to support Lindsey and smooth things over with Olajuwon.

I don’t think they let you change your seat on a flight. Ever since 9/11 they strictly stick to the flight manifest. Regardless, it sounds like Lindsey would have been a problem wherever she was sitting. 

Edited by JenE4
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3

I really hate how they keep repeating the scene where Alyssa says" if he has snaggly teeth, it's been fun but goodbye." Or something like that.. and then they follow her saying that by showing Chris smiling, not having great teeth. I blame the editors and producers for this. It is really distasteful and I can imagine how embarrassing it is for him to keep showing that. I do have a sense of humor but making fun of someone's physical appearance is wrong... unless you are a cold bitch like Alyssa and deserve it.

What I hate about the experts is that during casting, the person will say one thing they absolutely do not want in another person ( for example, Myrla didn't want a bald guy and Alyssa didn't want a guy with bad teeth, Luke was attracted to darker tone women and they gave him white as a ghost Kate.) And THOSE are the people they choose for them, almost as if they are purposely giving them what is a deal breaker for the other person. I get that the casting for this show isn't filled with 10's so you work with what you have, but they are purposely giving them the opposite of what they want. 

Edited by Jax7917
  • Love 12
5 minutes ago, Jax7917 said:

What I hate about the experts is that during casting, the person will say one thing they absolutely do not want in another person ( for example, Myrla didn't want a bald guy and Alyssa didn't want a guy with bad teeth, Luke was attracted to darker tone women and they gave him white as a ghost Kate.) And THOSE are the people they choose for them, almost as if they are purposely giving them what is a deal breaker for the other person. I get that the casting for this show isn't filled with 10's so you work with what you have, but they are purposely giving them the opposite of what they want. 

Maybe its like the game show 'Lets Make a Deal' and on occasion you get zonked?

His teeth shouldn't be a deal breaker. His teeth are not so bad they can't be fixed with some work. Wouldn't hurt for him to get in the gym more often either.

I don't think her reaction makes her a bitch more like a snob. She tried to get him to agree with her that the situation sucks...he didn't get what he wanted and she didn't get what she wanted. It sucks for her because she is disappointed...it sucks for him because his feelings are hurt which is worse. She is in a tough place...if she 'gives it a shot' it will lead him to believe he has a shot.

I'm not sure all the couples mixing it up with each other makes for better relationships...better TV maybe.

• Love 1

Mark is the prize catch of this show, even though "Mark the Shark" is also the name of a character that comedian Marc Maron used to play in bits on the old "Morning Sedition" show on Air America Radio. If you can tell a man by how he treats his mother (while still setting boundaries), then Mark has what it takes in spades. He is a GREAT match for Lindsey....IF Lindsey will get some damn therapy already. I had a mother who disliked me FROM BIRTH and I still have managed to have a thriving career, a good marriage, and friends.

Alyssa is, quite frankly, what they called in the "Wayne's World" movie back in the 90s a "psycho hose bitch." Thinks she's "hotter" than she is, archetypal "princess" type. No wonder she can't find anyone. Unless Chris has said things off camera that were offensive by any standard, he seems like an okay, if boring, guy. I'd love to see her audition interview, because if looks are her primary concern, they experts did her a disservice by matching her with someone like Chris. They should have matched her with someone like Zach from S10 -- a really hot @sshole.  And yes, Chris, she IS gaslighting you. That balcony tantrum was textbook. Chris, enjoy yourself without her, do the things you want to do, go home, stay in your own apartment, and divorce her ass the minute you can. You might not be a prize, but you sure as hell can do better than this nutball.

I suspect a lot of producer/drama shenanigans in the Jasmina/Michael "argument." If that's NOT what happened, then Jasmina is a pretty decent gaslighter herself. She seems to be really high maintenance and fragile as hell.

• Love 7

6 minutes ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

he didn't get what he wanted and she didn't get what she wanted.

But I think he did get what he wanted. He would have been perfectly happy with her, if it wasn't for her reaction to his looks.

I just don't get why she says she's uncomfortable with them staying in the same room. I wish producers could force her to. It's not like it's unexpected when you marry someone. I wonder if the show pays for her separate room.

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

I just don't get why she says she's uncomfortable with them staying in the same room.

All of Alyssa’s behavior boils down to her thinking Chris is ugly but knowing she can’t say that on TV without looking bad (which: too late, and I’m sure he knows what she thinks at this point). She doesn’t want to be anywhere near him but she can’t say “you’re ugly and I don’t want to share any space with you, especially intimate bedroom space” so she throws out the word “uncomfortable.” Which is also fucked up because it makes it sound like he’s a physical threat to her safety, which he clearly is not.

Edited by Empress1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8

On the aftershow, Alyssa said she doesn't like to hurt people's feelings. What about Chris's feelings? She treats him worse than she would a stranger. Why can't she sit next to him on the plane or at a meal and just have a normal conversation.?Also, everything Chris said to Alyssa's mother and friend, we had seen. I'm sure she probably also said those same things (and more) in their private talk, but Chris didn't divulge anything we didn't already know.

In semi-suppport of Chris's friends, I thought they had said Chris's style could be perceived as condescension - a small difference, but different that saying Chris is condescending. But as others have said, Alyssa was looking for any negative to glom on to.

As to the physical attractiveness of Chris and Alyssa, I thought they were both average.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Blissfool said:

But I think he did get what he wanted. He would have been perfectly happy with her, if it wasn't for her reaction to his looks.

I just don't get why she says she's uncomfortable with them staying in the same room. I wish producers could force her to. It's not like it's unexpected when you marry someone. I wonder if the show pays for her separate room.

but it was more than her reaction to his looks 

On 1/26/2022 at 7:18 PM, LennieBriscoe said:

When Alyssa declared to Mark, "I feel gypped. You feel gypped."---he should have replied,

"Wait a second. What have I done? YOU left ME alone in the hallway after our wedding. YOU asked to sleep apart. YOU are choosing to put the statements of others before me. YOU won't sit near me. Now, again, WHAT HAVE I DONE OR SAID TO MAKE YOU FEEL 'GYPPED'?" 

She got gypped because she let other people pick for her. Really though what can she do? If she goes through the motions just to get to the 8 week off ramp are we going to think any better of her? Is Chris going to be any more happy that he plays the game for 8 weeks only to get the same inevitable results. I don't think he can lose weight and get his teeth fixed in that amount of time. In the long run ripping the bandaid off is the most merciful thing to do. Could be down to four couple soon. I recall Henry of a few seasons ago was admirably amicable but he'd already knew his decision.

One can only hope this reveals something to herself. That her regard for people is based on teeth and other external characteristics. If he was a more handsome man she get a chance to go through the rest of her check list. I suspect its quite long. 

• Love 2

As to the physical attractiveness of Chris and Alyssa, I thought they were both average.

No she is more attractive. Pretty blue eyes, perfect weight and teeth if she was 6 inches taller she'd be a high paid model. I think it was an easy call that he's not in her league. Some guys have such confidence and swagger they can over come the distance. Chris doesn't have that swagger and nonchalance that Gil had last season. Gil still fell hard though. She's worse than Alyssa. Myra led Gil on with relish.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Blissfool said:

For many contestants it isn't marriage at first sight. They probably say otherwise with all sincerity that win, lose or draw they are legally man and wife. She probably only went through the ceremony and read those horrible vows meant for someone else because it would be too embarrassing to do other wise. Would in the long run save a lot of headache and heartache.

That said this is the 13th season. Everyone knows if there isn't visual attraction or worse repulsion things will go down hill fast.

12 minutes ago, Booger666 said:

Allllllrighty then.

283D14A1-9DF6-48FB-BE51-AEE5FD99A3A0.jpeg

That's a horrible picture of her...not at all indicative of her looks in general...

Edited by DrewPaul2010
added more
  • LOL 8

I think Chris is nice-looking.   His teeth aren't perfect (whose are?) but I don't think they look bad.   He's not fat and the dad bod isn't bad.  Most importantly, from what I've seen so far, he seems to have a nice personality.  I hope he doesn't disappoint later on. 

• Love 8

Regarding the unaired fight, I am inclined to side with Lindsey just a tad because it highly annoys me when people travel and insist on making everyone speak English. One of the highlights of travel is to learn the language just a little bit and I just don’t like Olajuwon’s attitude and insistence on speaking English in a place where Spanish is commonly spoken. Believe me, even broken Spanish goes a long way! I am thinking she probably teased him about the ugly American stereotype he seems to fit and it did not go over well. And yes I am aware that Puerto Ricans are Americans.

Still, if Lindsey had to be told to settle down and wear a mask on the plane, perhaps she was the one being an ugly traveler as well. 

Edited by Rambunctiouscurls
  • Love 1

I’m going to go out on a limb here and say that ACE’s shitty attitude isn’t just about Chris’s looks. She was a mope and a downer BEFORE she even met him!! I think maybe we saw her smile when she was shown riding a horse or perhaps talking about her dog—but even that is questionable. Besides that, the other girls (mostly Lindsey) said she was moping in the corner during their bachelorette party and refused to participate or talk to anyone other than her own friends. When they went dress shopping, she was immediately critical that they wouldn’t have anything she’d like, so she bought TEN (10) dresses of her own beforehand. Not, I found ONE dress I really love, so no need to have the show provide me with one, but I don’t trust you at all—and, moreover, I can’t even make up my own mind, so I bought TEN (10) dresses of my own because I’m difficult and extra. I don’t know how she somehow got through casting with the “experts” thinking she was a catch, but from the moment she started filming—long before she met poor snaggletoothed Chris—she wasn’t having *any of this.* Now the on-set producers probably thought it was great that this woman was so dour and sour—and made a real spectacle with the TEN (10) dresses, but it was an omen of what was to come. Did I mention she bought TEN (10) dresses?!?!

• LOL 1
  • Love 18
2 hours ago, brilliantbreakfast said:

I suspect a lot of producer/drama shenanigans in the Jasmina/Michael "argument." If that's NOT what happened, then Jasmina is a pretty decent gaslighter herself. She seems to be really high maintenance and fragile as hell.

I started out thinking Michael was going to be the "issue" in this pairing.  Thought he might be too guarded.   But now I'm thinking Jasmina is going to bring her own set of "issues" to this pairing.   She may have a bit more maturing to do.   I was a little surprised when she said this will be her first relationship where she's lived in the same state as her boyfriend.  I know Boston is probably a couple hours from several states, but still.    

• Love 7
On 1/26/2022 at 6:22 PM, MyTwoCents said:

Alyssa is gathering more info for her excuse to bail.  Chris’ “friend” just gave her another to add to her lame excuse list. Between giggles, she just doesn’t think she’s going to be able to handle him being a dedicated real estate agent.

I definitely agree with Crashcourse, she is not going to age well at all.

Chris' friends are fucked up, envious people.  If they were my friends I would brutally dump them.  I would never make my good friend look bad to a new girl.  Chris seems like a nice guy.  His teeth can be quickly fixed and he could work out and get a different grooming style and he would be fine.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

I bought TEN (10) dresses of my own because I’m difficult and extra. I don’t know how she somehow got through casting with the “experts” thinking she was a catch, but from the moment she started filming—long before she met poor snaggletoothed Chris—she wasn’t having *any of this.* Now the on-set producers probably thought it was great that this woman was so dour and sour—and made a real spectacle with the TEN (10) dresses, but it was an omen of what was to come. Did I mention she bought TEN (10) dresses?!?!

I'm going to let you in on a little secret you may not know...she has these cool cowboy boots...

• LOL 20

Lindsey seems to be perpetually drunk to me.  I think there might have been alcohol in her matcha breakfast smoothy! I kid, but it is very hard to tell when she is sober.  She is clearly in a lot of pain.

I just read somewhere that broken people love brokenly, and it really fits her. She is obviously self-destructive & making bad decisions left and right (and would definitely try my nerves IRL) but I do feel bad for whatever she suffered to get her to this place. You know it wasn't pretty.

Alyssa reminds me so much of a woman — down to her looks, whiny vocal inflections and mannerisms! — in my town that I guess I would term a frenemy. Introduced by a mutual artist friend, we are both creatives in a very un-creative town, so you would think we had a lot in common. At first I thought so too, but she is very into labels, status symbols, bragging and social climbing — and is also really insecure in that way where you always need to oneup/correct the other person in "conversation." I have hardly taken a vow of poverty, but that's not my speed at all. I am now civil but avoid her like the plague. I could easily see her carrying on like this and being so incredibly entitled and self-centered, she is totally unable to read the room. So I guess my point is Alyssa really is not even original. She's truly a very basic b*tch.

Edited by Mrs. Button
  • Love 11

I don’t for one second think Olajawon is innocent in the altercation with Lindsay. I think the truth lies in the middle. 
I was multitasking during the show so I may be wrong but did Mark say his mother is mentally ill and is institutionalized? He says that there were several times she could come home but never made it out. Where’s “ home” would it be with Mark?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I wonder how many Boston area orthodontists are going to offer free braces to Chris as a result of this show. 

Personally, I don't find him attractive. But, at least he seems to be a decent person. Alyssa is just awful. 

• Love 8

I do think Alyssa is more attractive than Chris.

I wouldn't be surprised if I saw her out with a hot guy, non-chin and all.

I would be surprised if I saw him out with a hot girl.

But, hey, Alyssa, maybe he's funny! Y'know that's what really matters.

(So far he has given no indication that he's funny. 😒)

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

I don’t for one second think Olajawon is innocent in the altercation with Lindsay. I think the truth lies in the middle. 
I was multitasking during the show so I may be wrong but did Mark say his mother is mentally ill and is institutionalized? He says that there were several times she could come home but never made it out. Where’s “ home” would it be with Mark?

It sounded to me like she became severely depressed after her husband died and she is in some kind of nursing facility. I don't think we know any more at this point about her living situation...I assume she had a house at some point with her husband, maybe she could return to it. It is a really sad situation.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Alexander Pope said:

Looks like she drinks from morning till night.  She makes those stupid facial expressions.  Now she tells him she loves him.  In one day.  She’s either a drinker, or a whacko and needs lots of therapy.  He will get tired of being her babysitter.  I’m sure he’s not her first boyfriend/ husband who’s going thru this.  She just can’t keep her mouth shut.  Why doesn’t her Mother not talk to her?  Something wrong there.

• Love 4

I'm doing a crossword puzzle and just came upon this clue - 

It's good news in the dating scene, bad news in a competition.

The answer is "meet your match".

Perfect for this show, which feels like both.

Edited by kirklandia
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, JenE4 said:

I’m going to go out on a limb here and say that ACE’s shitty attitude isn’t just about Chris’s looks. She was a mope and a downer BEFORE she even met him!! I think maybe we saw her smile when she was shown riding a horse or perhaps talking about her dog—but even that is questionable. Besides that, the other girls (mostly Lindsey) said she was moping in the corner during their bachelorette party and refused to participate or talk to anyone other than her own friends. When they went dress shopping, she was immediately critical that they wouldn’t have anything she’d like, so she bought TEN (10) dresses of her own beforehand. Not, I found ONE dress I really love, so no need to have the show provide me with one, but I don’t trust you at all—and, moreover, I can’t even make up my own mind, so I bought TEN (10) dresses of my own because I’m difficult and extra. I don’t know how she somehow got through casting with the “experts” thinking she was a catch, but from the moment she started filming—long before she met poor snaggletoothed Chris—she wasn’t having *any of this.* Now the on-set producers probably thought it was great that this woman was so dour and sour—and made a real spectacle with the TEN (10) dresses, but it was an omen of what was to come. Did I mention she bought TEN (10) dresses?!?!

To me, the fact that she walked down the aisle alone was telling.  She wanted to be the center of attention.  Everything is about her.  The horse riding, the cowboy boots that she had to show off, etc.  I think she was very spoiled growing up and used to the attention.  Her parents looked sheepish, afraid of her wrath, which has already came out when she leaves the room when something isn’t to her liking, which seems like everything.  She just has a very high opinion of herself.  Who buys ten dresses?  Looks like she needs therapy.  Nothing pleases her and she doesn’t care who likes her or doesn’t.  She just has to have her way, and doesn’t even know what she wants.  There is nothing wrong with him.  She is the one who’s a mess.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

Regarding the unaired fight, I am inclined to side with Lindsey just a tad because it highly annoys me when people travel and insist on making everyone speak English. One of the highlights of travel is to learn the language just a little bit and I just don’t like Olajuwon’s attitude and insistence on speaking English in a place where Spanish is commonly spoken. Believe me, even broken Spanish goes a long way! I am thinking she probably teased him about the ugly American stereotype he seems to fit and it did not go over well. And yes I am aware that Puerto Ricans are Americans.

I don't disagree with our point about the value in attempting to communicate in the country's home language. Great advice! But as it was described, Lindsay didn't go in to gently suggest based on her prior experience in PR that even rudimentary Spanish might be appreciated. It sounded like Lindsay went in assuming these were uncouth, inexperienced travelers and she was going to do them a solid by telling them to speak Spanish. Olaj's initial response - I'm a grown adult and I know how to behave when I travel, was spot on. It sounds like that didn't shut Lindsay up either.

I want to like Lindsay. She worked as a hospice nurse and it just takes a really special soul to do that work. Plus I am really growing to like Mark and I think he really wants a good marriage and a solid partner, so I want this to work out for him. But every time I see Lindsay, I like her less.

• Love 13
13 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

Its hard to believe whoever ultimately picks these couples actually chooses couple who more than likely have little chance. The problem between the two is obvious. On the looks scale she is about 8 or 9. Chris is about a 5-6.

Hi, you are too generous on ACE's looks scale.  Don't know where you are, but in So Cal ACE is at best a 5-6 (big nose, uneven complexion, receding and multiple chins, skinny eyes but not toned, white but uneven teeth).  Factor in her haughty negative attitude and demeanor and she falls on the "attractiveness scale". Chris is a 5 and average guy here too and has a calm demeanor with good sales / listening type communication skills.  

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Arthur Jury said:

Hi, you are too generous on ACE's looks scale.  Don't know where you are, but in So Cal ACE is at best a 5-6 (big nose, uneven complexion, receding and multiple chins, skinny eyes but not toned, white but uneven teeth).  Factor in her haughty negative attitude and demeanor and she falls on the "attractiveness scale". Chris is a 5 and average guy here too and has a calm demeanor with good sales / listening type communication skills.  

You are being too generous on Alyssa too! 😂 I’m in Ohio and she’s a solid 4 here at best and this is Ohio! Just because she acts like she’s hot and attempts to make herself pretty doesn’t mean it’s happening. The fake lips, lack of chin yet odd double chin and bad nose job are just a big mess. I’m actually shocked someone as vain and into herself as Alyssa hasn’t gotten her chin done already. She HAS to see that she needs one. Chris is below average looking but at least he’s friendly and sociable and acts like a decent human being unlike Alyssa who has something jammed so far up her rear end that it’s about to pop out her mouth. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

New York here.  From far away, not too bad.  Nice figure, long black hair.  Close up, a 5.  How old is she anyhow?   Her attitude SUCKS!   I’ve seen prettier and nicer at Wendy’s Drive thru. Lol.  Ace thinks she’s the cats meow. I’ll bet many of guys have ran away.

Edited by kristen111
  • Love 7

She’s a 6 who goes to a 7, maybe 7.5 with a ton of makeup, hair extensions, false eyelashes, and according to Reddit lots of professional help and injectables.

Edited by Booger666
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Booger666 said:

She’s a 6 who goes to a 7, maybe 7.5 with a ton of makeup, hair extensions, false eyelashes, and according to Reddit lots of professional help and intectibles.

Nice job.  It’s the nostrils.  They make her look yucky.  The chins too, lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 1/27/2022 at 3:48 PM, Empress1 said:

I was doing other stuff during the show - did they say Jasmina always had long distance boyfriends?

Yes.  Poor Michael.    She doesn’t have experience with a day to day, hour by hour relationship. She’s probably had relationships where they been texting most of the time. Why would such an attractive young lady only have had long-distance relationships??? You guess. I’d love to know what other people think would cause someone to only have a long distance relationships.  I question whether she’s actually ever had a romantic relationship because long distance is fantasy relationship not because a person doesn’t exist but relationships are lived day by day.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
16 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

Beauty must be in the eyes of the beholder because I don't see anything you see. Yes she is very thin, but that's about it to me. Her hair is frequently scraggly. She isn't ugly, but she's not classically beautiful either. Then she opens her mouth and she becomes even more unattractive. I would say the beauties this season hands down are Jasmina and Katina.

I wouldn't describe Chris as hot or anything, but I certainly don't think he's ugly, and I also don't find him below her looks-wise. They seem pretty evenly matched to me.

yeah, i think she's cute at best and i think he's nice enough looking and so much nicer than her

• Love 8
14 hours ago, Blissfool said:

I do think Alyssa is more attractive than Chris.

I wouldn't be surprised if I saw her out with a hot guy, non-chin and all.

I would be surprised if I saw him out with a hot girl.

But, hey, Alyssa, maybe he's funny! Y'know that's what really matters.

(So far he has given no indication that he's funny. 😒)

well, alyssa may be out with a hot guy, but unless he's just interested in superficial like she is, it won't lead to a long relationship.  unless she knows how to act like a nice person if she wants to impress someone.

• Love 6
On 1/26/2022 at 11:34 PM, Yeah No said:

Yeah, but in my opinion that's not saying much.  I think she was ready to have a fight over whatever Lindsey said to her and Olaj actually had to convince her not to.

If every white woman without a filter and compromised social skills that's trying too hard to be cool is a "Karen", maybe I might see Lindsey as one, but that's not the definition I know.  And personally I hate the entire "Karen" concept because I think it's used to stereotype unfairly in many cases.  If anyone on this cast deserves that title this season it's Alyssa.

She's been there several times and speaks Spanish, so I doubt that's the problem.  She's just uncouth and trying to look cool when she's really socially awkward.  And obviously it often backfires on her.  I've known people like her.  She has a bad habit of opening her mouth and inserting her foot.

Karens are like the woman who called the cop on the Harvard bro watching birds, or the woman harassing the black kid in her neighborhood for simply existing in their neighborhood. There is normally a racial component to it.  Lyndsey is a drunk politically correct Liberal who wants to tell people to speak Spanish, but doesn't understand that Puertorriqueños speak both English and Spanish, and Spanglish.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

She got gypped because she let other people pick for her. Really though what can she do? If she goes through the motions just to get to the 8 week off ramp are we going to think any better of her? Is Chris going to be any more happy that he plays the game for 8 weeks only to get the same inevitable results. I don't think he can lose weight and get his teeth fixed in that amount of time. In the long run ripping the bandaid off is the most merciful thing to do. Could be down to four couple soon. I recall Henry of a few seasons ago was admirably amicable but he'd already knew his decision.

One can only hope this reveals something to herself. That her regard for people is based on teeth and other external characteristics. If he was a more handsome man she get a chance to go through the rest of her check list. I suspect its quite long. 

She would have been better off going on a dating site.  You see the guy first.  Then dump him.  Or vice versa.  Why get married on a show if you’re so picky.  She only has herself to blame.  Now, STFU.  Suffer the consequences, you dingbat.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Kira53 said:

Why would such an attractive young lady only have had long-distance relationships??? You guess. I’d love to know what other people think would cause someone to only have a long distance relationships.  I question whether she’s actually ever had a romantic relationship because long distance is fantasy relationship not because a person doesn’t exist but relationships are lived day by day.  

Yes, it is very curious, and the nature of a not day-to-day relationship is very different.  I'd like to know how many relationships we're talking about, and how she came to be in them.  For example, did she go to school in another state, and have a relationship with someone after they left school?  Did she meet someone locally who then moved away?  If she's only talking 2, I guess that's sort of understandable, but it's still odd that there weren't any that were local.

13 hours ago, kristen111 said:

There is nothing wrong with him.  She is the one who’s a mess.

OK, let's not go that far...I seriously doubt that he is perfect, and has nothing wrong with him!  But it's really not even a matter of what is or isn't "wrong" with him.  It's about preferences, and even though I'm no great beauty, I could not be with Chris for the rest of my life.  But that's why I would never, ever, ever be on a show like this! 

The trick is how to handle it, and she has not done it in a gracious way.  But truthfully, I'm not aware of anyone who has done it in a way that was genuinely kind.  Henry may not have been an outward a**hole about it (like Puke, Zach, and female Sam), but his ambivalence was not kind to Christina, who was left continually guessing. 

I guess ideally you would give the person at least the honeymoon to get to know them as a person, and you could use the "taking it slow" and "build a friendship base" to avoid serious physical contact.  Then after maybe a week or so, have an off-camera conversation to spell it all out, and come up with a plan to finish out the filming together or separately.  But even then, you'd need to hedge it so as not to be too blatant about looks, and that's the advantage of actually getting to know them, because your reasons would be more legit.  

• Love 7
On 1/27/2022 at 8:54 AM, Crashcourse said:

But she could still think it's a "foreign" country and not be aware that some people speak English there.

And I'd still call her a Karen because if a white man had confronted her, I don't think she would have felt "threatened."  

Really?  I'd feel threatened if ANY man confronted me.  

• Love 7