Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E01: The Weddings Are Coming! The Weddings Are Coming!

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, candall said:

Mark's a big walking red flag to me. cynical me.  He was all in for being "married at first sight" four years ago and now he's thrilled to get a second chance at being one of the Boston grooms.   You've been in the marrying mood for four years, Mark?  Were you in suspended animation while you waited for the team to come back and marry you to a stranger?  Something wrong with this picture.

My thoughts exactly. 

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Katina and her friends and those voices and all that long, fake assed hair and nails.  Ugh.  

Did they all have the fake eyelashes and microbladed eyebrows?

That seems to go with all the fake hair and nails.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Rightside said:

Did they all have the fake eyelashes and microbladed eyebrows?

That seems to go with all the fake hair and nails.

They probably did, but I don't remember.  I was focused on the hair and those awful claws.

17 hours ago, spunky said:

The guy with 5 million tattoos already has me side eyeing him. If his wife can't cook, then she's not a wife? Sit down Jephte 2.0

Isn't Olaj (I can't spell his name so I'm calling him Olaj for short) friends with Jephte? Birds of a feather...

I just can't with all those tattoos. It's a shame b/c he's a nice-looking guy.

17 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Oh no, Lyndsey, the top on the dress is so wrong, see thru with breast feeding pads showing through. Mark looks better in the classy black tux. 

Lyndsey looked absolutely stunning in that first gown. Almost regal. The gown she chose was a big disappointment. 

• Love 5

He's not my type physically, but I like Mark the Shark so far. He seems like a sweet guy and I find his positivity endearing. I might be totally wrong about him (I was SO wrong about Johnny last season after liking him initially), but right now I'm a fan and feel really bad that he was matched with an obnoxious hot mess like Lindsey.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Empress1 said:

One of them lost his father when he was 12, his mother when he was 20, and his brother (who was killed violently) at some point in between. One of them has an ex who had a baby with another woman behind her back and has no relationship with her bio mom - her stepmom, who is no longer married to her father, raised her. Another was born in a refugee camp. Another has a father who was incarcerated her whole life. Another has no relationship with her mother after her parents’ divorce, which happened relatively recently, and got dumped 5 days before her wedding only a year ago. I’m sure there’s more I’m forgetting. I think the unemployed guy might be the only one whose parents are married. I started watching this show maybe 4 or 5 seasons in and I don’t remember nearly as many tragic back stories as there have been the last couple of seasons. 

No, Noi's parents are still happily married, too, after leaving their native country of Laos and emigrating to the Midwest. I think Noi said they settled in Minnestoa. Speaking of unemployed Steve, I was wondering if one of his brothers was married. The one who said he thought Steve's bride would want her new husband to have a job. He was way cuter than Steve. 

All of the guys are punching above their weight.  It will be interesting to see if any of the wives are attracted to their new husbands. 

ETA: I had no idea the episode was 3 hours long. I started to watch my previously recorded episode at 11:30 pm. By 1 am I'd given up. I had just gotten up to the bachelor/ette parties. I couldn't take it anymore. Thank goodness for DVRs. 

So, I'm reading that there was a wedding shown last night, too? I guess at some point I will go back and finish the episode.

Edited by ECM1231
  • Like 1
  • Love 4
42 minutes ago, atomic said:

He's not my type physically, but I like Mark the Shark so far. He seems like a sweet guy and I find his positivity endearing. I might be totally wrong about him (I was SO wrong about Johnny last season after liking him initially), but right now I'm a fan and feel really bad that he was matched with an obnoxious hot mess like Lindsey.

I like Mark too.

I’m hoping Lindsey is just one of those that opens mouth and inserts foot!

This could be a decent pairing!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ECM1231 said:

Speaking of unemployed Steve, I was wondering if one of his brothers was married. The one who said he thought Steve's bride would want her new husband to have a job. He was way cuter than Steve. 

I think his mom said that he was the last of the children to get married.  

• Love 4
5 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Lindsey seems to be too much and, like others, I wish she had chosen the first dress as it was lovely and flattered her.  I wonder if she thinks she has to be the life of the party-like she feels like she isn't "enough" so becomes even more.  I don't know why Mark thinks "the shark" is a great nickname as it could have many meanings-some of which are not positive or endearing.

Lindsey...hmmm...where have we seen this behavior before?  Let's see....abandonment issues; heavy drinkers; slutty personality.  Oh yes, Virginia. 

This is a woman who has a LOT of emotional problems.  But instead of recognizing that (and don't tell me you didn't see it, Dr. Pepper), the experts disregard it and get giddy about what a great match she and Mark will be.  Shame on them.  

It's very telling when upon hearing their relative is getting married to a stranger, both Lindsey's father and brother seemed more worried about the person getting stuck with her rather than being protective that she could get hurt.  It was sad watching how choked up she got talking about her mother's indifference to coming to her wedding. 

Despite all her over confidence and bluster, Lindsey is a very troubled woman.  So the logical conclusion would be to take her off the list of potential MAFS because hey, she's not ready to take on the responsibility of marriage.  But no...the sharks known as producers saw ratings bonanza with Lindsey.  Someone that will create controversy and be outrageous.  And as for the vict...err husband?  Doesn't matter.  Who cares if he's looking for his soulmate and expecting the show and experts to truly care about his wants and needs and try to find him the perfect match?  It's all about advertising dollars, and the more crazy Lindsey acts, the more money the show will make.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Lindz said:

Super disturbing RED FLAG!!! He backed off that dinner crap with Pastor Cal, then turns around & straight ARGUED that's what a wife was at the BBQ. UH WHA??? I can already see it: narrow-minded, my way type. A wife has dinner ready. That's it. I can't! He's pathetic! He was gunna put cheese on a RAW burger! He joked if he cooked, he'd burn the house down, but he better figure it out.

He's going to be this season's Chris.

4 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Not to mention that even if she CAN cook, what if she doesn't want to make dinner every night? What is he going to contribute to managing the household if she does do all the cooking???

He is in no way shape or form ready to be anyone's husband.  Up until 5 minutes ago he was the community party favor.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

I can't help but wonder if Lyndsey has unmanaged adult ADHD.  (No shade, my son has it, but it's managed)  She has so many of the classic symptoms:

ADHD symptoms of hyperactivity/impulsivity†

Fidgets with or taps hands/feet or squirms in seat

Leaves seat in situations when remaining seated is expected

Experiences feelings of restlessness

Has difficulty engaging in leisure activities quietly

Is “on the go” acting as if “driven by a motor”

Talks excessively

Blurts out answers

Has difficulty waiting their turn

Interrupts or intrudes on others

Add to that the alcohol consumption and abandonment issues and this is headed for disaster in my opinion.  Poor Mark.  I feel bad for him.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 4
  • Love 10
29 minutes ago, JapMo said:

And as for the vict...err husband?  Doesn't matter.  Who cares if he's looking for his soulmate and expecting the show and experts to truly care about his wants and needs and try to find him the perfect match?  It's

Not to mention the fact that Mark the Shark is a retread. He’s desperate to find a wife and will put up with just about anything, which is like heroin to the producers. 

Note to the “experts”: The guy that works in the cafeteria at Mass General Hospital is employed by the healthcare sector, yet he wouldn’t be considered a medical provider. Lindsey probably spends most days in front of a computer in her little cubby hole being a project manager. The only thing she ”caretakes” is the half-dead succulent plant on top the filing cabinet.

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

The stripper really had the moves!  Amazing what flexible legs can do!  Wow.

If all fails...bring on the dancing girls.  Lol

Lindsey recovered pretty quickley.  I wonder if she lost a finger from that tight ring?  One of my nightmares!

I knew when the guys were talking about her ring size there was no way she was a size 5 or whatever they said ~ that would be like an xs!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I think this is why older widowers are so quick to remarry. They want someone to take care of their daily needs, much cheaper than hiring help, and there are plenty of widows who are desperate to find a new husband.

Ha, I remember reading one time years ago the happiest people are married men and the second happiest are single women!  I know I used to fantasize how great it would be to have a wife!

6 hours ago, Cramps said:

Tonight we learned that Lindsey works in medicine- but seemingly not as any kind of caretaker, like a doctor, nurse or aide. On the casting special, the “experts” made it sound like she was on the caretaking side of medicine and could help with Mark’s mother. But then when they told her she was getting married, she appeared to be the only one working in a jewelry shop. 

Am I confused? Or is all of the above correct? 

She told the shark she works for some Covid 19 agency.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

His nickname, Mahk the Shahk (I live in the area!), yeah, he totally made it up. My brother had a loser friend in high school, kid was about 5 feet tall and a nerd, who nicknamed himself “Tiger.” Okay.

I guess this explains why his Mum called him Mac when he called her on the phone just before the wedding ceremony.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Maximadc said:

I don’t see his joblessness as a big issue at this point. He said he had lost job in November 2020. He didn’t want to spend winter in Boston and decided to travel along East Coast to Florida. For a guy of his age this is a great opportunity which doesn’t happen often. After he returned to Boston in spring, he decided to apply for this show. Again this is a right thing to do so he doesn’t have to take numerous days off right after starting a mew job. The most important fact for me is that he has job experience, good education and training in computer  field. Guys with ‘personal trainer’ jobs concern me more.

12 hours ago, Empress1 said:

If he’s financially stable, cool. There’s more to life than work. I don’t have a sense that he is financially stable and I’m also not entirely sure that he wants to go back to his old profession - which I also don’t judge, as someone who intends to change fields this year. I just don’t have a sense of what his plans are, and that’s ok when it’s just you but if you’re partnered, you can’t really just wing it. It affects your spouse too.

Keisha Knight Pulliam? Rudy Huxtable? Well, damn. I’m still not watching what she hosts (the show is way too long as it is, I stopped watching at 10) but good for her.

My guess is that Steve was getting the additional pandemic unemployment benefits as well as regular unemployment at that time and so he probably was bringing in enough money to put off looking for a job.  The requirement to provide weekly proof of job searches was waived for quite some time in 2020 into 2021.  Here in CT we only started having to provide that proof in the Summer of 2021.  So I don't blame him for seizing the opportunity of a lifetime to engage in a little self enrichment.  I am reading articles that a lot of people did that kind of stuff after being laid off in the pandemic.  I am sure that he's no slacker and when the money dries up he'll find a job.  He is lucky to be in a career where jobs aren't that hard to find.  The Boston area has a lot of tech. companies and more all the time.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
21 hours ago, endure said:
On 1/5/2022 at 9:28 PM, Crashcourse said:

Mark can't help it but he's got crazy serial killer blue eyes.  

I actually wonder if he has a thyroid issue?

I know, I thought that too so I kept backing up to see those talking heads where Mark bugs his eyes out and I'm almost convinced he does it purposely because I could see him stretching his eyes to look that way.  His eyes don't normally bulge like that.  Maybe it's just a quirk of his?

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Empress1 said:

One of them lost his father when he was 12, his mother when he was 20, and his brother (who was killed violently) at some point in between. One of them has an ex who had a baby with another woman behind her back and has no relationship with her bio mom - her stepmom, who is no longer married to her father, raised her. Another was born in a refugee camp. Another has a father who was incarcerated her whole life. Another has no relationship with her mother after her parents’ divorce, which happened relatively recently, and got dumped 5 days before her wedding only a year ago. I’m sure there’s more I’m forgetting. I think the unemployed guy might be the only one whose parents are married. I started watching this show maybe 4 or 5 seasons in and I don’t remember nearly as many tragic back stories as there have been the last couple of seasons. 

I know, I'm thinking the show is lately going out of its way to find people with the most tragedy and upheaval in their families because it knows they provide the most drama and train wreck value.  It really sucks because the audience wants to see couples that succeed and right away I have my doubts about most of them.  It's not like the show didn't do this way back in the early seasons, it just seems like they're doing it even more now than they were before.

I think the one you left out was Mark with a father that passed away and a mother in "rehab." (aka a nursing home) who now has pretty much no family.  I don't want to judge about the reasons his mother is there and wasn't able to come but I kind of doubt it's because he didn't want her to come.  I'm sensing mental health issues he's not identifying.  Something about the way she sounds on the phone.

• Love 4

Oh no! Michael looks for reasons to run... Like Johnny. RED FLAG!!! He talks a good game about changing, but all that talk is NOTHING without ACTION. WHAT is he afraid of anyway? Intimacy? Being hurt? How is that fixed when he doesn't even know the problem???

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Lindz said:

Oh no! Michael looks for reasons to run... Like Johnny. RED FLAG!!! He talks a good game about changing, but all that talk is NOTHING without ACTION. WHAT is he afraid of anyway? Intimacy? Being hurt? How is that fixed when he doesn't even know the problem???

I know, there's something I don't quite trust about Michael already.  He's another one with issues that will likely sabotage his marriage.  His wife to be couldn't have been more clear that communication and being open about feelings are of top importance to her in a relationship, and his friends did nothing but remind him that he tends to clam up and hide his feelings.  I think it's just another deliberate mismatch masquerading as a great match.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, cinsays said:

i don't think alyssa is a snob, just shy, at least around people she doesn't know and a bachelorette party is not her thing and she's not alone in that feeling.

She's being like Myrla...

• Love 2
On 1/5/2022 at 8:53 PM, Crashcourse said:

Jasmina's mom looks like her older sister. 

When they first showed her mom I thought Jasmina was copy-pasted because they looked so much alike. Then I found out it's her stepmom. 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I’m hoping Lindsey is just one of those that opens mouth and inserts foot!

She said she's a circle, she's got curves and edges. 🙄 Mark said he's a shark & she responded she hates sharks. Mark said he'd want to be a monkey & she responded she doesn't like monkeys. Ya. Throw in the annoying metaphors, lewd language & flashing the camera. I've had enough of her! Sad thing is her father told her to stop & think twice before she speaks. There's no saving her from herself. She seemed relieved her ex-fiancé called off the wedding. How did he tolerate her for so long?? I'd be gone after AN HOUR! I'd actually be fine with Mark not living with her. He's gunna need A LOT of breaks from her! She's making him the sympathetic character. 😅😂

Edited by Lindz
  • Love 10

On 1/6/2022 at 12:50 AM, Adeejay said:

Alyssa seems like a snob. Perhaps someone should remind her that she had to turn to a third rate reality show, with a track record of "couples still together" that is lower than "The Biggest Loser" to find a husband.

I think she's just shy and reserved.

I'm worried she's not gonna be attracted to her husband. He's got bad teeth.

Having said that, I think she'd be a good match for last season's Ryan.

22 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Unemployed people don't need to worry about time off to do this show. 

I think some unemployed people use the show as a form of easy income.

On 1/5/2022 at 8:55 PM, Almost 3000 said:

There was the relationship coach from Australia on 90 Day Fiance that had those eyes and viewers said he needed to check his thyroid. He did and it was an issue that he addressed. I wouldn't have known but he thanked the viewers for giving him the heads up on one of the follow-up shows.

Wendy WIlliams too.

13 hours ago, eclectcmoi said:

Katina reminds me so much of Eva Mendes. Does anyone else think Alyssa and Chris look like they could be brother and sister?  

Katina = Eva Mendes. I totally see it!

I thought the stripper looked a lot like Alyssa.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, greeneyedscorpio said:

Jasmina is over Lindsey already.  I was laughing at the look on her face almost every time Lindsey opened her mouth.  I don't think Lindsey's going to find a BFF in this bunch. 

The look on Jasmine’s face and body language while Lindsey was speaking about Alyssa blocking her on social media clearly showed she wasn’t having any of it.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I'm at an age where everybody's parents are dying, and I've noticed widowers tend to die not too long after their wives die, but widows can go on for years and years.  I'm sure some of it has to do with the fact that in general, men are older than women in marriages, but I think there's more.

I think women whose husbands die, especially women in what is now the oldest generation we have, can be suddenly placed in a position of power they didn't have before.  In that cohort, it was often the husband who handled the family finances, and when he dies, suddenly the widow is in the position of making decisions about important matters like finances and investing, and it can be empowering.  She's deciding what car to buy.  She's making all sorts of important decisions, and that can contribute to vitality.

Men in that cohort, when their wives die, have to learn how to do their laundry and run the dishwasher and do real grocery shopping (not just picking up an item on the way home), and I suspect most of them don't find that empowering, or even interesting. 

I do think we're on the tail end of this, now that so many more women work outside the home.  Or I hope so, anyway.  Although now that I think about it, it might just mean that women start dying earlier, like the men do. 

Interestingly in my experience this has only happened in one case.  My father lived 20 years after my mother died and he was in his 70s when she passed.  He managed.  She had done all the finances and most of the cooking, so he ate out and hired a cleaning person, and got used to the microwave.  He was able to pay his own bills even though she did them when she was alive.  Same is true in my father in law's case only he lived only 10 years because he was already 10 years older than his wife.  Same was also true with good friends whose mothers passed before their fathers.  My theory is that this phenomenon you mention was more true in men in cases where the husband had a codependent relationship with his mother which he transferred onto his wife.  In other words, a mother that didn't let him grow up and become independent in some ways.  Then in addition he was also brought up thinking in terms of men's and women's work which might feed into his misogyny.  I agree that this was way more common back in the day but it was not universal.  I would theorize that lack of sophistication and social background have something to do with it.  My sister in law's husband's family was like that.  Her husband's father was a real Archie Bunker, and his mother was classic Edith.  He kept her under his thumb.  She couldn't even manage paying her own bills and certainly never drove after her husband passed.  Her son and wife had to manage her life for her, and she wasn't that old either.  I hate to say it but she was a real dingbat!  

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I’ve said many times that a lot of men only pair off because they can’t afford a staff. I’ve been on and off the apps for a while and I’ve read a lot of profiles written by men who clearly don’t actually like women; they just can’t afford a surrogate, nannies, personal assistant, cook, housekeeper, and sex workers. Olajuwon is giving that for me, talking about what he will and won’t “allow.”

I think he is yet another misogynist.  Same pattern every time.  It's interesting to me how this show seems to go out of its way to find people that have big obvious reasons why they are still single.  Don't tell me the experts didn't see this guy coming a mile away.  I'm a zillion miles away by comparison and I can see it!

• Love 5

I don't watch that closely and unfortunately I also wasnt prepared for the 3 hour drawn out ordeal so yeah I dozed off a bit. That said, I definitely missed parts ( like I didn't see the families too much). Somehow I thought there was a comment or reference about Mark's mother having some sort of dementia. You all might be more attuned and maybe it is alcohol but I thought dementia could really explain it; especially with how disorienting it can be to bring someone out of a facility for a day. I might be very confused but I though between his grandmother and mother, there were also some falling? 

He is growing on me. Lindsey is not. At all. I do like Alyssa and Jasmina.

• Love 2
On 1/5/2022 at 5:27 PM, Elizzikra said:

It sounded to me like her disabilities are more mental and emotional than physical? For some reason, I also had a feeling she might have an alcohol problem though I don't know why I thought that. It sounded to me like his mother agreed that she couldn't handle being there even thought she would want to be if her health wasn't so precarious.

I could be wrong but when they showed some old photos of his family at Christmas, his mom had a cigarette in her hand.  He said she made some bad choices when it came to her health.  So alcohol could also have been part of it.

At the bachelorette party, Lindsey said she liked 95% of the brides... 3 out of 4 is 75%... Lindsey does math good when inebriated. 😅😂 She shouldn't have judged Alyssa like that, then on the after show said she didn't really want to be married. Why would she expect Alyssa to be friendly after that?? Lindsey is one to judge. She knows she's got issues. Really wanting to be married doesn't mean your personal issues won't destroy the marriage. 😉😂

Edited by Lindz
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

The look on Jasmine’s face and body language while Lindsey was speaking about Alyssa blocking her on social media clearly showed she wasn’t having any of it.

She wasn't and I'm right there with her. 

• Love 5
56 minutes ago, Polliwollidoodle said:

I don't watch that closely and unfortunately I also wasnt prepared for the 3 hour drawn out ordeal so yeah I dozed off a bit. That said, I definitely missed parts ( like I didn't see the families too much). Somehow I thought there was a comment or reference about Mark's mother having some sort of dementia. You all might be more attuned and maybe it is alcohol but I thought dementia could really explain it; especially with how disorienting it can be to bring someone out of a facility for a day. I might be very confused but I though between his grandmother and mother, there were also some falling? 

He is growing on me. Lindsey is not. At all. I do like Alyssa and Jasmina.

I like Mark too. Lindsey is here just to keep us talking about. Poor Mark, he was so optimistic:(

I am noticing that several of the cast members filmed doing things in a field are all on the same field ... see the big yellow building in the background. The producers take such care to film natural actions in natural settings!

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

They might as well as called this the Lindsay show. She yapped the entire time, throwing shade, laughing at her attempts to be funny like she thinks she’s a reincarnated Joan Rivers.  It’s pitiful at how hard she tries to make a presence but you know that underneath she is just a ball of hyperactive insecurity. I hope we learn more about why her mom doesn’t like her. Did any of her family show up? In the limo drive over she had one woman sitting next to her that was completely ignoring her, which made me wonder if they got a “friend” from central casting so she wouldn’t be alone. 
She is so abrasive and I would block her ass so fast too.  
All the girls are so pretty, she must feel like the ugly friend on this show compared to them although I think she’s cute in some scenes but girl, hush already 

• Love 6

Mark reeks of desperation. He tried out for the show four years ago and in the intervening time he's not managed to find someone compatible to build a sustainable relationship with? Maybe he's Lindsey's worst nightmare - a tiny "pee-pee" and a ten-second finish. Although I think he's sincere in his wish to have a lasting marriage, there's also a lot of 'Bro' energy going on there. He reminds me of the guy from the previous Boston season who was a firefighter who also had a property business on the side. Chris? I don't remember his name but he was a similar type.

Lindsey has booze bloat, which was really obvious when she arrived at the bridal store wearing a white skirt that was tight around her midriff. She was (or appeared to be) drunk off her ass during the wedding. Her dress was awful. The first one she tried on was beautiful, but I knew she wouldn't go with the classy option. I foresee a train wreck with these two, every second of which I will consume with glee.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 1/6/2022 at 6:45 PM, Booger666 said:

If I hear about Mark the Shart one more time I’m going to lose my shit.

He reminds me of the situation constantly calling himself “ big daddy Sitch.” We get it . 

Mark reminds me a lot of AJ from whatever season that was . But he seems slightly more mentally balanced than AJ. 

Lindsey needs to board the hot mess express. I feel so sorry for Mark . He’s in for the ride of a lifetime . 

• Love 4

Can't believe we only got ONE wedding & 2 dress/tux shops. So few! I can't take any more Lindsey! Don't they start with one of the better couples? 🤔 Not a good sign. Can't say who I would've rather seen because I don't think any of them will be comfortable being their true selves. I think they're gunna be shy & kinda freaked out. Olaj will probably be more himself, but that's not a good thing. Steve will probably be the one to engage his wife. I wonder if Olaj & Lindsey will be besties or their big personalities will clash.

• Love 1

It's funny seeing how many ways  Olajuwon is misspelled in all the posts. 😂 I'm calling him Olaj. I'd rather call him Jon or Isaac, which going by different names with women so he wasn't caught cheating is AWFUL!!! Did he avoid pics with them? They could identify him by his tats. He was gross with the stripper. I think he was recruited & said enough "right" things, but does not really want to be married.

• Love 2