Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E01: The Weddings Are Coming! The Weddings Are Coming!

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

even though Lindsey steamrolled the entire conversation

YES!!! The more I see her, the less I want to. I've already hit my limit of her. Hopefully, they'll drop her from the after show. She just has to take attention. It's too much. She was already with the quiet ones! They can drop those stupid themed drinks that waste 2 minutes of airtime. They should've asked what Katina thought of Olaj & the stripper.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, MyTwoCents said:
On 1/6/2022 at 8:42 AM, StatisticalOutlier said:

Actually, I find all of the guys this season to be unattractive.

I couldn’t agree more! I was thinking the same thing 😝

I agree. However, the wives aren't that good looking either. A lot seem dull. I question how the couples will progress.

5 hours ago, Lindz said:

I agree. However, the wives aren't that good looking either. A lot seem dull. I question how the couples will progress.

I think when we first saw the potential matches, they all had some degree of "attractiveness". Not any movie stars but nice looking people. I think as they show their personalities quite a few look less and less attractive. I did think Jasmina, Alyssa, and even Lindsey were pretty nice looking. As I have already shared, Lindsey is just grating on my nerves and I hope that they don't give her as much opportunity to monopolize as they did in the after show.

And yes I agree about how stupid an idea it is to have themed drink for the after show. 

I bet someone gets paid good money to think of that and  create it, and probably lots of time figuring out which glass to use .Oy.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 1/6/2022 at 6:00 PM, endure said:

I guess this explains why his Mum called him Mac when he called her on the phone just before the wedding ceremony.

That’s the Boston accent.  I lived there for 6 months.  One of my friend had to go buy Bali on the way home. 
It was barley. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
16 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

That’s the Boston accent.  I lived there for 6 months.  One of my friend had to go buy Bali on the way home. 
It was barley. 

Many years ago on a road trip, we stayed at a nice woodsy campground, somewhere in MA, that had a little store with a bar. We had a few beers, chatted with the bartender.
My friend asked - "Where's the potty?"  
The bartender answered - "The potty was last night".

Edited by kirklandia
  • LOL 12
20 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

Lindsey is very talkative and lacks a filter. I do feel a little bad for her that her mom took off before the wedding. That's got to sting a bit.

While I do feel for her in her situation with her mom, I feel like considering the age she is, and how long the situation has been going on with her mom, she is far rawer with her emotions than I would expect for someone who portrays herself as very aware about inter-personal dynamics.  (She had almost the same breakdown on the Afterparty as she did at some gathering we saw with her friends.)   Lyndsey's mom absolutely lives rent free in Lyndsey's head, which may be exactly what the mom is going for.  I wouldn't be surprised if her mom flew to Boston specifically so that she would be able to fly out before the wedding and snub Lyndsey on her wedding day. 

And yet Lyndsey keeps reacting every.single.time.  Jamie Otis had somewhat of a similar situation with her mother, who was an alcoholic, and could not be counted on.  So she adjusted her expectations accordingly and was able to enjoy it on the rare occasion when the mom showed up, and not get worked up about it when she didn't.  Lyndsey keeps expecting things to be different the next time, for some reason.  I think there is a disconnect between her head, where she knows that her mom will never be even close to what she needs or wants, and her heart, where she still holds out hope...and her heart keeps winning every time.  I was going to say that maybe having the love of Mark can help Lyndsey give up the need to experience her mother's love, but judging from how she was talking on the Afterparty, I don't have much hope for the two of them...unless she's purposefully trying to throw us off the scent.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Polliwollidoodle said:

And yes I agree about how stupid an idea it is to have themed drink for the after show. 

I bet someone gets paid good money to think of that and  create it, and probably lots of time figuring out which glass to use .Oy.

Funny!  And so stupid because they said it was just a strawberry mojito, but they gave it the dumb new name.  They could have at least invented a drink unique to the occasion, or chosen a drink whose ingredients matched the idea behind the name.  But there's nothing wild about a strawberry mojito!

On 1/6/2022 at 1:13 PM, eclectcmoi said:

Katina reminds me so much of Eva Mendes. 

So it took me several of these early episodes before I finally figured out who her face looks like to me for some reason -- Clara from season 12.  

On 1/6/2022 at 1:57 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

Also, now I'm confused about the difference between "caregiving" and "caretaking."  Sounds like they should be the opposite, but I think they mean the same thing?

You're right...can't believe I never noticed/thought of that before!

On 1/5/2022 at 10:01 PM, Elizzikra said:

Michael wears that maroon tux well!

It may fit him well, but I thought it made him look like a member of The Temptations or The Spinners!

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
On 1/6/2022 at 3:19 PM, Jeanne222 said:

Their protecting Keisha!  She had very little input on the show and I think the whole second half was clip after clip letting them tell the story with no Keisha!

IMO she lost control of it as very quickly on it became The Lindsey Show.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I hope they learned Lindsey will do anything to take attention, even though she's with the quiet ones and was already going to get the most attention because she was the only wedding. I've had enough of her. She's too much. The way she spoke made it sound like she's divorced. Hopefully she won't be on any other after shows for a long time. 😅😂

• Love 2

Lindsey tried playing innocent victim with the Alyssa situation but it didn't work. WHY would she think she'd be friendly after she said that stuff at the Bachelorette party??? Like Alyssa just blocked her for no reason. That story sounded stupid. I just know there's gunna be a lot more stupid stuff said by Lindsey & I'm not looking forward to it. Her hairstyle was terrible.

Edited by Lindz
  • Love 3
On 1/6/2022 at 4:35 AM, Empress1 said:

I’ve said many times that a lot of men only pair off because they can’t afford a staff. I’ve been on and off the apps for a while and I’ve read a lot of profiles written by men who clearly don’t actually like women; they just can’t afford a surrogate, nannies, personal assistant, cook, housekeeper, and sex workers. Olajuwon is giving that for me, talking about what he will and won’t “allow.”

Back in the '90s there was a personals section in a local alternative weekly and this was before the interwebz so people sent actual letters to respond. It was awesome getting these big packages of letters the few times I placed an ad! I have never forgotten the worst one I have ever seen and I doubt he ever found anyone (neither have I but that's not the point, LOL) because it was one of the most misogynist ads I'd read. Right down to specifying an exact weight she must be within only a 5 lb. range. If I recall he was in his 40s and was looking for a woman without ANY baggage. How does anyone reach their 30s and 40s without even a overnight bag of issues? The ad went on, and on, and on and was SO specific about everything she MUST be. I wish I had kept a copy of it because I've obviously never forgotten what an odious prick he was! I bet he got at least a few letters...lambasting him.

• Love 1
On 1/6/2022 at 8:29 AM, candall said:

You mean your husband didn't drag you in there and dare you to "slap that girl's butt"?  Yay!

It says a lot about my poor viewing choices that I knew exactly who you were referring to! Speaking of 90D Fiancé, at the moment I'm biased against Katina only because she reminds me too much of Brittany and I keep expecting braces. Alyssa reminds of Christina from MAFS season 11, although she doesn't appear--yet--to have the same condescending air.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Scout Finch said:

Back in the '90s there was a personals section in a local alternative weekly and this was before the interwebz so people sent actual letters to respond. It was awesome getting these big packages of letters the few times I placed an ad! I have never forgotten the worst one I have ever seen and I doubt he ever found anyone (neither have I but that's not the point, LOL) because it was one of the most misogynist ads I'd read. Right down to specifying an exact weight she must be within only a 5 lb. range. If I recall he was in his 40s and was looking for a woman without ANY baggage. How does anyone reach their 30s and 40s without even a overnight bag of issues? The ad went on, and on, and on and was SO specific about everything she MUST be. I wish I had kept a copy of it because I've obviously never forgotten what an odious prick he was! I bet he got at least a few letters...lambasting him.

You see those people on the apps too. If a man's profile is just a list of requirements - and more specifically, a list of what he DOESN'T want - and nothing about him as a person, I always swipe left. I remember seeing one profile where a guy said - the FIRST thing he said - that he "wasn't going to be a sugar daddy for your unemployed ass." Like, for one, you are WAY too hostile out of the gate, why are you calling us names? And two, I have a job, my bills are paid, nobody asked you to do all that. Like ... you could just say what you like to do for fun and keep it moving.

4 hours ago, Scout Finch said:

Alyssa reminds of Christina from MAFS season 11

The long dark hair, yeah. Best feature on both of them.

• Like 1
On 1/6/2022 at 12:18 AM, NowVoyager said:

I'm impressed Lindsey held it together as well as she did. I thought for sure she was gonna pass out during the last bit of Mark's vows. For the record, google maps says the distance from Le Méridien to the Museum of Science is 2.2 miles, 7 minutes by car with no traffic. It looked like she drank 2 glasses of champagne during the ride, on top of the "two bottles" she mentioned from earlier.

On 1/6/2022 at 12:27 PM, Auntie Anxiety said:

She probably doesn’t want to look bad on tv so she decided to be the shy, retiring type who doesn’t drink. And she could definitely use more riding lessons because she didn’t seem to know what she was doing atop that horse. BTW, am I silly to think that at one time, Alyssa’s mother was actually Alyssa’s father?

As a veteran reality show watcher, I’m pretty confident that Mark’s mother had an alcohol problem, thus his comment about her not acting in her own best interest and having to be in rehab (rehab doesn’t necessarily mean drugs or alcohol, but in this case....) If it were something else, there would have been more discussion or more revealed about her difficulties. Experts: “Mark’s mother is an alcoholic, so let’s pair him with someone who seems to over-drink at the drop of a hat!”

His nickname, Mahk the Shahk (I live in the area!), yeah, he totally made it up. My brother had a loser friend in high school, kid was about 5 feet tall and a nerd, who nicknamed himself “Tiger.” Okay.

When I think of "Mark the Shark" I think of a character that comedian Marc Maron used to play on the old "Morning Sedition" show on Air America Radio in the mid-2000s. At first I had high hopes for these two, but Lindsey was clearly plastered by the time she got to the wedding. It seems she knew her mother wasn't coming and I suspect she drank to tamp down her grief about that. Not an auspicious sign. Poor Mike, who seems like a decent guy (and is a Cat Guy, which is often a good sign -- a man who doesn't need to be slobbered over and ego-boosted 24 by 7, because cats want love on their own terms).

• Love 1
On 1/11/2022 at 12:35 PM, Scout Finch said:

Off-topic, but I have to share with you, @Scout Finch, that the overwhelmingly positive response--handwritten letters!--to my Personals ad was one of the flattering peaks of my life.   

I've aged out of the loop by now, but I'm sure no "swiping" could duplicate the rush of all those envelopes falling out of the mailbox.  (The rented mailbox.  Safety first!)

Ah, good times.  : )

• Love 4

The countdown is on, as ten newly engaged Bostonians have only two weeks until they meet their stranger spouses at the altar. One groom's outrageous antics at the bachelor party leaves some questioning if he is ready to settle down. And on the big day, one bride finds her wedding to be a "sobering" experience.

Airs Wednesday Jan 5th at 8:00PM EST.

8 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

But....^^^^ is posted on January 14. 😇

Because a certain mod who shall remain nameless (ok fine, me LOL) screwed something up and ended up merging the 1/5 episode thread into the 1/5 afterparty thread & had to recreate.  Crap, you had to go and notice 😂

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
On 1/7/2022 at 3:22 PM, Mercolleen said:

I am noticing that several of the cast members filmed doing things in a field are all on the same field ... see the big yellow building in the background. The producers take such care to film natural actions in natural settings!

I love when people notice things like this, I wish I were that observant!!

• LOL 1
On 1/7/2022 at 11:39 PM, Lindz said:

It's funny seeing how many ways  Olajuwon is misspelled in all the posts. 😂 I'm calling him Olaj. I'd rather call him Jon or Isaac, which going by different names with women so he wasn't caught cheating is AWFUL!!! Did he avoid pics with them? They could identify him by his tats. He was gross with the stripper. I think he was recruited & said enough "right" things, but does not really want to be married.

You should see all the "Project Runway" posts misspelling "Chasity" and "Shantall"! 😕