Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E09: Smoky Mountain Meltdown

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

No future social or other media is allowed in episode threads.  Only discuss what was known at time of filming. 

• Start Topic

I'm hoping the restaurant scene was staged, and it wasn't an open restaurant.     Can you imagine being at a commercial establishment when Tammy starts her tirade, and then the swearing and fighting was joined in by the others? 

If any other customers were near, then I would be shocked if anyone stayed after that started.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

They should go to PetCo and buy "wee wee pads" in XXXXL.

Carpet companies (even some online) have FREE carpet remnants.  Let Tammy use 'em and then the family can toss them at the next dump area.

How helpful would pet XXXXL's be on the floor of a van.  (Or am I not understanding?)

• LOL 4
1 hour ago, Breedom said:

She made it perfectly clear that she wanted to be left alone. SO LEAVE HER ALONE. Stop doting on this giant baby.

They've probably "left her alone" many times on her ORDERS...and then heard (for weeks) it was definitely the wrong move.

Whatever they do, it's never worth it--and always wrong.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, CapeCodLuv said:

She had to have been going into a diaper or stooping outside the van in view of production staff. Zero dignity.

Oh no, she would just let it out in the diaper. No way would she consider moving her gigantic behind out of the van to stoop. Agree, no dignity, no class, no manners, no shame.

Is it possible to really love someone, sister or not, who behaves like this? I don't see one decent quality this toddler possesses. When she passes away, yes, everyone will be very upset, but also I think a HUGE wave of relief will set in, probably pretty quickly. They'll talk about Tammy for awhile out of a sort of obligation, but then - - - well, what loving memories do they have?

• Love 13
9 hours ago, Ria said:

Boo hoo for Tammy. She’s a mean, selfish, nasty person who heaps abuse on everyone around her, rejects all suggestions to help her and blames everyone else for her problems. If her family cuts her off, she has no one to blame but herself. 

I have a sad feeling they will never cut her off because no Tammy...no show.  Tammy is such a train wreck she's elevated herself to the star of the show.  Face it, her side show looks is why a lot of people follow her on social media and on this show.  Amy has become too domesticated since she had Gage and like Tammy says she's quite boring.  If Tammy lives they won't need Amy for the show anymore.  They can change the name to 1000-Lb Tammy!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8

I hope TLC or someone has disability insurance for Michael and anyone else who pushes Tammy around. I couldn’t do it.
Tammy’s quite bitchy remark wondering who they were getting the wheelchair for made me realize she loves that she just sits there while someone else does all the work.

• Love 14
7 hours ago, Xena said:

What was it Chris said, something about her ... mortality?  They all know she is headed to the grave.  The best they can do is offer love and support- but then get the hell out of her way if she is bound and determined to eat herself to death .   Which I think they finally realize.  The best thing for them now is to let it happen, if SHE doesn't want to help herself... nothing they do will help.

My maternal grandfather had 12 siblings.  2 of his sisters, my great aunts, were as big as Tammy yet they both lived to be in their 90s.  Of course they had husbands and children that helped take care of them but I only remember them being that huge.  Also, they were two of the sweetest ladies you ever wanted to know.  A far cry from Tammy and her toxic personality.  But for some reason she made it through Covid and a number of other ailments that might have killed any of us.  That chick must have some kick-ass antibodies working for her.  She could very well outlive all of us.  Who knows?

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

I think the fame Tammy has gained from the old YouTube videos & then much more so from this show will be the death of her in a way.  She's now the "Queen",  attracting every fat fetishist to take fun advantage of her for their sexual pleasure and/or grifters making $$$ off her followers. She's so happy with her newfound fame, it's her identity & she's totally lost any interest in losing weight.  She's still gaining. 

She's really not going to make it much longer.  And her sense of entitlement is truly astounding, Amy is legally responsible for her but yet she bullies & treats her like total crap. Won't even order her own meds.  Her life without her doting, abuse-taking sister next door will be emptier. By looks of the preview, she's gonna fill the void with booze & weird people coming to her room. Doing God knows what else.  Repeatedly says that her family should be grateful she's not bedbound.  Um NO, she'd be in a home in a NY minute. That prospect doesn't seem to faze her at all.  She's on lots of pain meds & that affects her behavior. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Back Atcha said:

Carpet companies (even some online) have FREE carpet remnants.  Let Tammy use 'em and then the family can toss them at the next dump area.

I see what you did here! 

2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I'm hoping the restaurant scene was staged, and it wasn't an open restaurant. 

While they appeared to be separated from the rest of the customers, we saw several people, including children, passing by within earshot. I'm also guessing that a crowd might have formed behind the camera crew. 

I can't believe what crappy weather they had for their vacation! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
15 minutes ago, swankie said:

My maternal grandfather had 12 siblings.  2 of his sisters, my great aunts, were as big as Tammy yet they both lived to be in their 90s.  Of course they had husbands and children that helped take care of them but I only remember them being that huge.  Also, they were two of the sweetest ladies you ever wanted to know.  A far cry from Tammy and her toxic personality.  But for some reason she made it through Covid and a number of other ailments that might have killed any of us.  That chick must have some kick-ass antibodies working for her.  She could very well outlive all of us.  Who knows?

I think that if Tammy weighed 120 pounds and was drop dead gorgeous, she would still have that same toxic personality! She just wouldn't have a TV show. (And poor Michael wouldn't have to be pushing her around in a wheelchair.)

• Love 12
20 hours ago, swankie said:

I heard Amanda say "Wait til these damned cameras aren't rolling."  I have a feeling she would carve Tammy 2 new assholes if no cameras were there.  Tammy knows that production won't let her be in harm's way.  I get the feeling they're the reason Tammy didn't spend the night in the van.  I bet they (production) also paid for her hotel. 

Heck, production paid for the whole trip!  What's so amazing to me is Tammy thinking she'd like to go to Las Vegas to see BBW King!  Exactly HOW would she do all THAT by herself?? Airport, luggage, hotel, oxygen.... The list is endless.  

I feel like the fambly  are all so put out by her, they are unable to do ANYTHING but kiss her giant ass.  I really think she just needs to get herself to a morbidly obese skilled nursing facility and just be done with it.  She can't do anything for herself.  Except show her ass all the time!

Edited by goofygirl
  • Love 6
25 minutes ago, Snarkastikate said:

She's on lots of pain meds & that affects her behavior. 

I've heard her say that but can someone remind me what they are for specifically?   I'm sure being Tammy's size is painful on every joint but they don't usually prescribe pain meds for general pain do they? 

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

I've heard her say that but can someone remind me what they are for specifically?   I'm sure being Tammy's size is painful on every joint but they don't usually prescribe pain meds for general pain do they? 

I guess it depends on her doctor. Would they really prescribe heavy duty narcotic pain meds for her, under her circumstances?  If that was going on, I’d think Tammy would be more interested in managing her medications and not leaving it up to Amy. 

• Love 3

Ugh, this show. It's becoming a chore to watch. (Yet...here I am). 14 year old Mini Snarkish is all in, and watched this episode ahead of me and happily watched it again, with me talking to the TV. 

I don't know if it's possible to despise Tammy any more than I already do. The most miserable, rude, entitled, narcissistic mound of flesh I have ever witnessed...and she has a TV show to boot. To agree with others above, I would TOTALLY watch a show based on the rest of the family. I was literally at a loss for words over the fact that she expected them to drive all the way back from the cabin to take her home. That she couldn't manage to try to get inside the cabin door. That she refused to cooperate with the electric wheelchair. That she threw a tantrum in a restaurant (where she ordered a burger covered with chorizo and spicy cheese on a pretzel bun). I would have left her fat ass in the van. Production  wants drama for the cameras? That would have drawn more viewers than poor Michael (why does he always give in?) driving her to a hotel. 

I would watch a show with just Chris and Amanda, TBH.

People mentioning Amy on the coaster with the two guns, I couldn't get past her filthy, black-bottom bare feet flying through the air. 

Watching this show, all I can think of is, "What have we stooped to as a society?" When people like this have become popular TV personalities? We all make fun of them (at least, in our heads)  in Walmart, then go home and watch them religiously every week on TV. They probably even are earning more money by this show, than people of healthy weight, good manners, who work regular jobs/careers. I just shake my head, and...wind up watching this shit show...Every. Damn. Week. 

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Snarkastikate said:

She's so happy with her newfound fame, it's her identity & she's totally lost any interest in losing weight.  She's still gaining. 

She must have a clause in her contract that doesn't allow her being filmed while eating because she has to be shoveling 6 to 8 thousand calories a day into that maw just to maintain her weight. 

The men she calls her "relationships" and "boyfriends" are just using her, but your right, she enjoys the fame and attention.

• Love 7
38 minutes ago, snarkish said:

Watching this show, all I can think of is, "What have we stooped to as a society?" When people like this have become popular TV personalities? We all make fun of them (at least, in our heads)  in Walmart, then go home and watch them religiously every week on TV.

I feel the same way, but it’s like watching a train wreck in slow motion. You WANT to look away, but you just can’t do it. I don’t know - maybe it’s just human nature.  But I hate the fact that I watch this absurdity every week! 

• Useful 3
  • Love 5

What really kills me is the way Tammy was taking those selfies in the hotel like she's America's Next Top Model.  I know she uses those app filters to make her photos look less like Quasimodo and I think she's starting to believe she really looks that way.  Plus her fetish hounds have her ego pumped up to 10,000.  She's so far gone she's never going to do anything to better herself because she doesn't think anything is wrong with her.  She's falling for the hype.  The fact that she can't even wipe her own ass doesn't faze her one bit.

Edited by swankie
Spelling
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

One of the siblings said on the show that every one of them had taken in Tammy at some point and got tired of the way they were being treated.  So yes, Amy was her last shot.  Amy and Tammy are closest in age, so they were likely close when growing up.  They have their social media channels together.  Their lives are enmeshed in that way.  Amy needs to break away from feeling like she owes Tammy something.  I believe the rest of them have. 

So much of the interaction and the "what a shame Tammy isn't here" is because they are on the show.  If the show were the Slatons, it wouldn't matter.  But the 1000 pound sisters with one of them sitting in a hotel room pouting while the other lives her life is a problem. 

Maybe they should do like with Roseanne Barr and fire Tammy and carry on with the focus on the  rest of the family.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, swankie said:

The fact that she can't even wipe her own ass doesn't faze her one bit.

My sons (middle-aged) and I had to make all the arrangements and move their estranged father into assisted living.  He was MORE than rude and "so superior" to every employee and manager, telling us--in front of them, "THEY work for ME!"  I think Tammy has developed (OVER-developed) that same mindset.  WHO do these people think they are?  And why aren't more bodies found "under suspicious circumstances"??  (P.S.  My X died, nothing suspicious.)

• Love 5
2 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Maybe they should do like with Roseanne Barr and fire Tammy and carry on with the focus on the  rest of the family.

Tune in to the wacky adventures of “The Slatons” coming soon to TLC. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, swankie said:

What really kills me is the way Tammy was taking those selfies in the hotel like she's America's Next Top Model.  I know she uses those app filters to make her photos look less like Quasimoto and I think she's starting to believe she really looks that way.  

Before selfies those were called head shots. I bet that Elizabeth Taylor, who was once considered the most beautiful woman in the world, did not have as many pictures taken of her face as does Tammy!

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

I don't know why I watch this shitshow and have been since Christmas even binging past seasons.  There is a family across the street not with the weight issues (except for Mom) but they scream at each other from sunup to sundown.  No humor though.  You'd think I wouldn't want to watch voluntarily.  I need meds or therapy or both.  

That menu was atrocious for any healthy choices.  Did every option come with bacon?!  Sure you can order without the bun but the burger and all its toppings (including bacon) had to be like 2,000 calories.  Unless you're Michael Phelps and plan on doing 100 laps when you get back to the hotel, that will all turn to fat.

Just the fact that they had not had a single family photo since they were kids shows complete family disfunction.  Can't blame Tammy for all of that!

I was surprised that wheelchair could handle Tammy's weight.  Now that there is an option no one should be pushing her wheelchair anymore.  Poor Michael is practically horizontal when pushing that wheelchair.  #savemichael

2 minutes ago, mytmo said:

Oops nothing to see here

Edited by mytmo
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9
17 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

How helpful would pet XXXXL's be on the floor of a van.  (Or am I not understanding?)

Pets use them to pee and poop on. So could Tammy. Unless she can't pull her own pants down. Then that would be a problem.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:
31 minutes ago, mytmo said:

Just the fact that they had not had a single family photo since they were kids shows complete family disfunction.  Can't blame Tammy for all of that!

Some families aren’t into photos.

And sometimes "life" gets in the way.  We were a poor family beginning in 1948 (runaway father, struggling mother with three daughters: 4, 6, 8) when we started living in a city housing project.  Poverty does not need to equal dysfunction; we were not/are not dysfunctional.  I was the only one with a camera--a Baby Brownie received as a gift when I got my tonsils out (age 6).  My mother couldn't afford film OR processing. We have  extended-family/friends snapshots galore of us individually or in groups of 2-3, but we NEVER had "a single family photo" with all four of us taken professionally.  My youngest sister felt it was important, so she and her family had "affordable" chain studio photos as soon as she was married and had her first baby--and they continue to do so.  As MrBuhBye said, "Some families aren't into photos."   

• Love 10
19 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

Yeah I agree. I dont think that is weird.

I have not watched a full episode of this show in a while (I do watch some reviews on YouTube because I enjoy the commentary) but after checking out my usual reaction channels, I had to see for myself. There is no excuse for Tammy to treat her siblings this way- NONE. While no one is perfect (people are people) the rest of the siblings seem to be able to talk to each other like normal human beings, while still calling each other out- was it Misty (or other older sister) that reminded Amy that she wasnt the only one who had taken care of Tammy, and Tammy had not gotten any better just "fatter"? I do think a part of Tammy enjoys being dependent on her siblings/caregivers, because if she wasnt, she wouldnt have any relationship with them- she has been so nasty they would leave her in the dust. They could've left Tammy to grub hub/door dash some food if she wanted it so badly after her temper tantrum at the hotel. 

Chris did look like he was having fun at the amusement park. 

• Love 6
15 hours ago, Snarkastikate said:

I think the fame Tammy has gained from the old YouTube videos & then much more so from this show will be the death of her in a way.  She's now the "Queen",  attracting every fat fetishist

Don't forget she has a TikTok page and she goes by Queen Tammy. Also her Instagram account.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

You can receive prescription pain killers for chronic pain. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:
17 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Pets use them to pee and poop on.

Oh...I understand PADS.  What I don't understand (or picture) is how 28"x44" pads are going to help. Where/How are they placed?  Tammy seems to be taking up every inch of floor space.  Unless pads are duck-taped down before she scoots into place, they're worthless.  IF taped down, then she just sits in her own "stuff"?  WHO gets to clean that???

And what happens when the family needs to get into the van after "a few hours of Tammy" ?  WHEW!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

They were remarking on how they did not have family photos and said it was from Tammy being so difficult.

I grew up with 6 siblings poor as poor could be but had an old camera from a thrift store and our family photos were grainy hap hazardly done on the fly when someone could pay for it to be developed.  Sometimes it took so long no photos could be clear.

My post was not intended to say a family is dysfunctional for not having a family photo.  I wasn't remarking on the dysfunction for not having a professional family photo.  The Slantons show their dysfunction in so many ways.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:
36 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

Yeah I agree. I dont think that is weird.

I'm still bummed by the term "shows complete family disfunction"(sic) regarding family photos.

EDITED to apologize:  Sorry mytmo...we posted at the same time.

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

Oh...I understand PADS.  What I don't understand (or picture) is how 28"x44" pads are going to help. Where/How are they placed?  Tammy seems to be taking up every inch of floor space.  Unless pads are duck-taped down before she scoots into place, they're worthless.  IF taped down, then she just sits in her own "stuff"?  WHO gets to clean that???

And what happens when the family needs to get into the van after "a few hours of Tammy" ?  WHEW!

I bet with the 12-hour trip she was sporting a diaper.  She wasn’t using highway rest stops or gas station bathrooms.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

I'm still bummed by the term "shows complete family disfunction"(sic) regarding family photos.

EDITED to apologize:  Sorry mytmo...we posted at the same time.

No worries - my apologies

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

I bet with the 12-hour trip she was sporting a diaper.  She wasn’t using highway rest stops or gas station bathrooms.

Many people use bladder control products/adult diapers (or briefs) during travel, much less someone Tammy's size. It is not anything to be ashamed of. Tammy is a foul person because of how she treats people- people who are trying to be considerate and care for her, not because of her size or her lack of mobility or the care that she needs. She is just an awful person. 

Edited to add- I did not mean to insinuate that you, @MrBuhBye (or anyone else) thought that having mobility issues made someone a bad human being, I am just APPALLED to see Tammy treat her siblings this way, her size is the least of my concerns. 

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Many people use bladder control products/adult diapers (or briefs) during travel, much less someone Tammy's size. It is not anything to be ashamed of. Tammy is a foul person because of how she treats people- people who are trying to be considerate and care for her, not because of her size or her lack of mobility or the care that she needs. She is just an awful person. 

Edited to add- I did not mean to insinuate that you, @MrBuhBye (or anyone else) thought that having mobility issues made someone a bad human being, I am just APPALLED to see Tammy treat her siblings this way, her size is the least of my concerns. 

No worries.  I wasn’t suggesting that there is anything wrong with her wearing a diaper, just that as a practical matter she probably was.  And it would explain why she would be able to sit in the vehicle another two hours after arrival without a bathroom break.  Most people use the facilities when they reach their destination after  a long day of travel.

• Love 5

It does seem like if Tammy actually tried to use a rest stop, TLC would have shown the drama of trying to get her into a stall. When the siblings were saying they were in the fun van with Tammy, because Amy and Michael had to be more quiet since they had Gage with them, all I could think was, "Do you seriously think anyone can have fun when Tammy is in the mix?"  She is miserable and she wants to bring others to her level of misery. 

When they made the comment about photos, I didn't think this was so much about their childhood.  As many have said, not all families are into photos and money used to really play a large part.  My family due to cultural and economic reasons took very few photos. However, since cell phones came out it is cheap and much easier to get photos.  Tammy is online all the time, yet they do not have photos of them together.  If she doesn't have filters on and isn't using her most flattering angle, she's not interested.  (And yes, it is scary when your most flattering angle is with the phone above your head and you are looking at the ceiling.) 

A little knowledge sharing, there are the equivalent of puppy pads for humans.  They are used in hospitals and care facilities.  If you have ever been hospitalized for a major surgery or when you were a child, you may well have had them under you.  There are times when people cannot control their bodily functions or it is too dangerous to have them get up/they cannot get up quickly enough.  Also, it is highly likely Tammy does wear some form of diaper or other product for long trips. 

With that said, they should have left her in the van to throw her tantrum and went about their business, much like leaving a toddler to scream it out.  When she was ready, she could reach out.  She had her phone and production with her. It's not like rabid wolverines were going to drag her away.  For the rest of the trip, I would do what someone above suggested; call her every day to see if she needed anything, let her know what they had planned, and ask if she wanted to join for any of the activities.  If she didn't, let her be.  I would not find someone to drive her home early.  She can sit like a lump in a hotel as well as she can do that at home. She had her medical needs taken care of.  They could pick her up when they were all ready to go home. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
19 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

With that said, they should have left her in the van to throw her tantrum and went about their business, much like leaving a toddler to scream it out.  When she was ready, she could reach out.  She had her phone and production with her. It's not like rabid wolverines were going to drag her away.  For the rest of the trip, I would do what someone above suggested; call her every day to see if she needed anything, let her know what they had planned, and ask if she wanted to join for any of the activities.  If she didn't, let her be.  I would not find someone to drive her home early.  She can sit like a lump in a hotel as well as she can do that at home. She had her medical needs taken care of.  They could pick her up when they were all ready to go home. 

Yes- they gave Tammy too much emotional power to ruin their trip and the enjoyment of their time together. I understand production probably wanted Tammy around because, well its a reality show, but Tammy treats people the way they ALLOW her to treat them. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, MrBuhBye said:

Maybe she has one of those trapdoors like kids used to have in their sleepwear.

More like an airport hangar sized door. No matter how we slice the cheese, Big T is gross. Inside and out. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

I would not find someone to drive her home early. 

It sounded like the guy wasn’t going to be able to rent a vehicle and get there until the day before they were planning to return.  So not that I would have accommodated her anyway but for a one-day head start it makes no sense.

57 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Yes- they gave Tammy too much emotional power to ruin their trip and the enjoyment of their time together. I understand production probably wanted Tammy around because, well its a reality show, but Tammy treats people the way they ALLOW her to treat them. 

Production should refuse to pay her if she doesn’t participate in the activities.  Imagine on other reality shows when they have these group activities planned if certain cast members just said I’d rather stay home.  Hardly compelling tv.

• Love 6

" but Tammy treats people the way they ALLOW her to treat them. "

I always say, if you allow people to shit on you, someone will always be willing to do so. If Tammy is put into a nursing home, I am sure all of her assets will be used to pay for it? It is that way in my state. They take assets, any type of monthly check, etc., and the person is allowed $25-$30 a month for personal items, like deodorant. Not sure if Medicaid provides nursing home patients free cell phones?, but she sure wouldn't have any money to order in special food. Or have her video taping sessions.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Maybe she has one of those trapdoors like kids used to have in their sleepwear.

Or maybe she's like "Bottomless Margaret" last week on My 600 Lb. Life, or Whitney Thore and doesn't wear underwear! If that's the case, at least Tammy covers up the goodies on camera. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

That restaurant menu is absolutely disgusting.  I can feel the sodium and fat coming at me just by reading it.  Don't get me wrong...I love a good cheat meal but this over the top.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, Emkat said:

That restaurant menu is absolutely disgusting.  I can feel the sodium and fat coming at me just by reading it.  Don't get me wrong...I love a good cheat meal but this over the top.

As were the drinks they had at the Drag Show. My jaw dropped at that cereal/milkshake concoction Amy was drinking! I get her wanting to loosen up and have a beverage (or two) but she picked the worst possible drink ever (especially after having gastric surgery! How did she not "dump" afterward??). I'm a very big fan of Margaritas, but even when we cruise (and drink more than usual) I will break it up with vodka tonics with lemons/limes. 

Edited by snarkish
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, winsomeone said:

If Tammy is put into a nursing home

Good luck on this happening.  Not sure about Kentucky but in my area there are zero nursing homes taking patients from home and some won't/can't even admit them from a hospital release.  In fact there are 200 patients in the university hospital system that are basically parked there because of lack of nursing care beds.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Tammy's ego is as big as she is .  I DO NOT know who the hell she thinks she is.  Her family needs to step back and say THE END.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11