Type keyword(s) to search

Kanye West: The Most Intelligent Celebrity

Message added by Aethera

Discussion of Kanye's run for the US Presidency is off-limits here, unless and until the run appears on the show itself, as per our Politics Policy. https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/94644-politics-primetimer-updated-070319

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

Bingo.  THAT will be Kim's big return to the media.  Crashing the inauguration.  Who wants to see what these hookers wear to the Inaugural ball?

You're killing me, that sounds exactly right. I wonder how the Ks are going to explain the whole selfie thing Kim did with Hillary & the fact that Kanye donated to her campaign?

8 hours ago, mwell345 said:

OK - this is from E!  - Exclusive - why they met. You can click the link but I'll save you the trouble:

"Kanye West and President-elect Donald Trump met at Trump Tower Tuesday morning to discuss a potential role for the rapper, E! News has learned exclusively.

The "Jesus Walks" rapper met with Trump to discuss becoming an "ambassador of sorts," a source close to West tells E! News. The source adds that Trump is interested in getting West involved in an "entrepreneurial leadership role."

As for how the meeting came about, the insider tells us that Trump's team reached out to West. "Trump thinks he's a great role model when it comes to business," the insider adds.

E! News has reached out to Trump's team for comment."

http://www.eonline.com/news/815532/why-kanye-west-and-president-elect-donald-trump-met

So the almost bankrupt Twitter money beggar is a great business role model?  Trump thinks that?  Of all the business people in the country, Kayne is the role model and could become an "ambassador"?

Is there something I'm not understanding?  Because I think there must be.

Have I somehow fallen into some kind of bizarro universe? an "entrepreneurial leadership role"??? Is Trump really thinking of putting someone who just got out of a psych hospital into any kind of role? My head is going to explode.

Edited by GaT
  • Love 11

Kanye is tweeting that he wanted to meet with Trump to discuss "multicultural issues", including bullying, supporting teachers, modernizing curriculum and the violence in Chicago.  Also says that a direct line with future president is important if we truly want change.  

THen he tweeted #2024.

Even though E claimed Trump requested the meeting, other outlets say it was requested by Kanye.  I tend to think that's the case. From his tweets, sounds like he wanted the meeting.

Edited by mwell345
  • Love 3

I wonder if this is some kind of dig at JayZ & Beyonce? They are close to the Obamas & supported Hillary, they are obviously not going to be getting all the invites to the White House that they did before. Are the Ks/Kanye trying to get an in to the White House for the prestige?

• Love 7

Maybe we'll see a Yeezy fashion show in the White House rose garden. Hey, just think of it, Melania and Ivanka modeling Kayne's ugly beige refugee clothes.

Seriously, I'll bet this could result in Kim and Kayne getting invited to a White House dinner. She really hit the jackpot when she married him. Divorce?  Hahaha, no way would she miss a potential White House opportunity. That would "trump" her Vogue cover, bigly.

• Love 9

I've never been a Kanye fan but after he had his meltdown I find myself holding back the negative comments.  He may (or may not be) struggling with issues that need medication and it makes no difference.  If this is something - meeting with Trump - that helps him to get back on track then good for him.  Maybe Trump said something to him that left him with a positive.  All in all I hope he gets well for his children.  I won't include the wife because I think she and her whole family are nothing more than a cancer.  Look at the men in their lives - all of them. Side note I hope Mr Brown and Ray Rice get their voices heard and a plan will be in place with the Trump organization.

• Love 5

The other headline I saw was Blue Ivy had a play date with Mariah's twins.

I find it hard to.believe that Kim didn't tag along for the publicity. My thought is that he is going against his doctor's advice and that Kim is not happy with that. I really don't see this marriage lasting for much longer. They may stay together for the public sake but I don't think it'll be a true marriage.. The idea that hes requesting a meeting with Trump, I think its all part of his illness,I don't think hes stabilized yet and may not be taking his meds or getting the,proper sleep as prescribed,  Corey is along as bodyguard/handler/clean up guy, Kris must be on high alert and on pins and needles, waiting for some catastrophe to happen. 

• Love 6
14 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

Maybe we'll see a Yeezy fashion show in the White House rose garden. Hey, just think of it, Melania and Ivanka modeling Kayne's ugly beige refugee clothes.

Seriously, I'll bet this could result in Kim and Kayne getting invited to a White House dinner. She really hit the jackpot when she married him. Divorce?  Hahaha, no way would she miss a potential White House opportunity. That would "trump" her Vogue cover, bigly.

Didn't Kim attend a White house correspondence dinner AKA nerd prom one year? 

Re Yeezy & The Donald's photo op, something tells me that that's not the first time that two big, fake boobs with bad dye jobs have been in Trump Tower and it won't be the last. Two nuts of a feather crack together. It seems to me that if Kanye was so concerned about dealing with the crime rate in Chicago, he could've talked to the current President-who, unlike Trump, is from Chicago.

As for the inauguration,  I almost hope he does do it because he'll not only catch even more Hell for it than he did for saying that he would have voted for Trump if he bothered to vote at all, it, along with his public rants, his feud with Taylor Swift, his becoming a Kardashian, his way overpriced, shitty "fashion" line and being an all-around asshole, could not only ruin whatever street cred he's got left, it could be the final nail in the coffin, career-wise. 

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, Shangrilala said:

Picture it:   the Trump family sitting formally up on the dais of the inauguration while Kanye performs Black Skinhead.  

I don't know why, somehow it's just not connecting for me.  

Not to mention that DC's balmy January weather has been known to require recording of "live" music (see Yo-Yo Ma, Itzhak Perlman and friends, 2009). How will he react if something doesn't go his way? Oh, wait...

I keep hoping this is a bunch of hooey - or that it's at a concert or ball at some other time. Things like inaugurations deserve dignity appropriate to the occasion. 

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, RealityCowgirl said:

Things like inaugurations deserve dignity appropriate to the occasion. 

I seem to have misplaced my venn diagram of Trump supporters and Kanye fans, but I'm going with "no" on the performance invite.  Kanye would be too polarizing.  Inaugural performances are very formal and very vanilla and have mass appeal to 'Murica.  There's no room for delays or going off script and Kanye has a very recent track record of doing both, spectacularly.   Trump will not stand for being upstaged, or risk Kanye pulling a switcheroo mid song like "Trump doesn't care about Black people!"

• Love 3
6 hours ago, carolinagirl81 said:

Didn't Kim attend a White house correspondence dinner AKA nerd prom one year? 

Yep, that was in 2012, the year Lindsay Lohan also attended.

1 hour ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

You mean the POTUS who called Kanye a jackass?  Yeezy burned that bridge.

He called him a jackass more than once, but then somehow Kim & Kanye got invited to the White House where they took, of course, a selfie with the President. Kanye could have talked to him then, but I guess he didn't want to waste the extra publicity.

• Love 2

So Kanye is released from the hospital after having a severe breakdown, has time to decide to dye his hair, (I'm sure he had an entourage at his house to do that), calls for a meeting with Trump, and gets on a plane to NY. How exactly is he resting from exhaustion? working with his Dr's to get the correct meds? Realize that he has to change his lifestyle? I see no indication that anything has gotten through to this guy. He's as crazy as ever. I guess after meeting for 15 minutes Trump realized that Kanye is really off his rocker and ended the meeting. God only knows what Kanye was babbling about. It's really so sad. I am not a Kim fan but I actually don't blame her if she wants to get the hell away from him. 

• Love 4
On 12/13/2016 at 1:20 PM, mwell345 said:

The "Jesus Walks" rapper met with Trump to discuss becoming an "ambassador of sorts," a source close to West tells E! News.

Hmmm, you learn something new every day, I had no idea "sorts" had an ambassador :P

• Love 12

Trump's receiving a lot of backlash about his associations with white supremacists and the Bannon appointment, so I bet the meeting with Kanye was his way of trying to convince the public that he's not racist after all. By choosing Kanye's first public appearance after his breakdown, he made sure it was picked up by every news outlet.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 8
On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 11:07 AM, mwell345 said:

Why Yeezy, of course!

kardashians-0ee91227-cba6-4e08-b2d6-e4d354c3038b.jpg

OMG, my EYES! The space between Khloe's thighs looks like a hairy little dick and I think Kanye is looking at it.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, GaT said:

Every time they have a picture with all the Ks in his clothes, this is the pose he's in. He looks ridiculous. 

He wants to think of himself as "gangsta", with his posse of hoes around him. Pathetic. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, iwasish said:

He wants to think of himself as "gangsta", with his posse of hoes around him. Pathetic. 

Based on the way he styles Kim, I would say that yes, Kanye’s fashion aesthetic clearly leans towards the “ho-ish”, but he does take himself seriously as a fashion designer, and for that reason I don’t think that in these fashion show pictures, he is envisioning himself in any way as a pimp/gangsta with his ho’s.  On the contrary, I believe that in his deluded way, he pictures himself, a la Balmain’s Olivier Rousteing, (in picture below) as a successful, talented designer proudly surrounded by his glamorous muses, all of whom are, of course, wearing his “lovely”, cutting edge designs.

Balmain.jpg

• Love 1
7 hours ago, suomi said:

OMG, my EYES! The space between Khloe's thighs looks like a hairy little dick and I think Kanye is looking at it.

The women look like they are all on break from their shift at the feather pillow stuffing factory.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Veronique Bette said:

Based on the way he styles Kim, I would say that yes, Kanye’s fashion aesthetic clearly leans towards the “ho-ish”, but he does take himself seriously as a fashion designer, and for that reason I don’t think that in these fashion show pictures, he is envisioning himself in any way as a pimp/gangsta with his ho’s.  On the contrary, I believe that in his deluded way, he pictures himself, a la Balmain’s Olivier Rousteing, (in picture below) as a successful, talented designer proudly surrounded by his glamorous muses, all of whom are, of course, wearing his “lovely”, cutting edge designs.

Balmain.jpg

Hopefully the  meds will cure him of  any delusion he has about his talent as a designer.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Artsda said:

I wonder who actually cancelled it.  The show can't go on without insurance underwriters and I can't imagine any backers taking that risk after the way Kanye behaved this fall.  Of course Kris will spin it like it was Kanye and Kim's idea, so they can spend time nurturing each other.

• Love 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, Artsda said:

So after all he said, he shows up at Bey&Jay's house? LOL Guess he had to apologize.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/kim-kardashian-kanye-west-visit-beyonce-jay-z-for-blue-ivy-birthday-w459584

OK, so in one of these threads I had recently posted a picture of Kim in really ripped jeans & I commented that maybe Kanye's new line was called "Cholo" & Kim was modeling it. Well, what she wore to that party pretty much confirms it. Does this look familiar? How about this?

They went to a kids birthday party & didn't bring their kids?

Edited by GaT
  • Love 7

You know it's killing Kim to show up in places in sweatpants and flannel. Literally killing her. Better yet, you know she had to go out and buy the new "Cholo" inspired looks specifically to be photographed in at poor Blue Ivy's party.

Sorry Blue, we've got some fame-whoring to do and your party is the perfect place. What's that? Where's North? I don't know, why? 

• Love 7

Kim looks horrible in that US Magazine pic. Her nose is way too short for her face, and her mouth and lower cheeks are starting to take on that baboon look from all the botox and fillers. 

But yes, only Kim and Kanye would go to a child's birthday party and leave their own kids at home with the help.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Kim looks horrible in that US Magazine pic. Her nose is way too short for her face, and her mouth and lower cheeks are starting to take on that baboon look from all the botox and fillers. 

But yes, only Kim and Kanye would go to a child's birthday party and leave their own kids at home with the help.

You know she's  offically back when she's got the ever present phone attached to her hand.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

You know it's killing Kim to show up in places in sweatpants and flannel. Literally killing her. Better yet, you know she had to go out and buy the new "Cholo" inspired looks specifically to be photographed in at poor Blue Ivy's party.

Sorry Blue, we've got some fame-whoring to do and your party is the perfect place. What's that? Where's North? I don't know, why? 

Those looks aren't new, they are 20+ years old.

• Love 2

Chance The Rapper has an interview in GQ magazine. Kanye is his mentor, & he idolizes him, but this is part of what he said:

I don't think I ever wanted to be like Kanye in personality. Kanye says crazier sh-t in private than he does in public, which is hard to believe because he says the craziest things in public… But Kanye’s said some crazy sh-t to me where I respond, “No, I don’t feel you at all. I always wanted to be more of a person that people enjoy.”

He says crazier shit in private???? I can't even imagine what that is because he's pretty much maxed out on the public crazytalk IMO.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, GaT said:

Chance The Rapper has an interview in GQ magazine. Kanye is his mentor, & he idolizes him, but this is part of what he said:

He says crazier shit in private???? I can't even imagine what that is because he's pretty much maxed out on the public crazytalk IMO.

I WANT QUOTES!! How much crazier can he get? I can't believe Kim doesn't think some of the shit he's said in the past isn't off the wall. Or maybe unless he's telling her how great she is and how beautiful she is, she doesn't even pay attention to him. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, iwasish said:

I WANT QUOTES!! How much crazier can he get? I can't believe Kim doesn't think some of the shit he's said in the past isn't off the wall. Or maybe unless he's telling her how great she is and how beautiful she is, she doesn't even pay attention to him. 

I know, right? Between Kanye's batshit crazy and Kimmy's dull, narcissistic, dumb self, you'd have to pay me a lot to sit in a room with them for even one hour.

• Love 4

It's official, Kanye wasn't invited to perform at the Inauguration. 

From the AP: 

Kanye West Not Invited to Perform at Trump Inauguration Because It's a 'Typically and Traditionally American' Event

A spokesperson for president-elect Donald Trump's inauguration committee told CNN that Friend of Donald Kanye West was not invited to perform at the real estate mogul's inaugural because 'Ye's music wasn't right for the "typically and traditionally American event....He's been great, he considers himself a friend of the president-elect, but it's not the venue. It's going to be typically and traditionally American, and Kanye is a great guy, we just haven't asked him to perform. And we move on with our agenda," Barrack added.

Yikes.  If Kanye doesn't have a twitter meltdown over this, it is proof his meds are working.

• Love 2

Actually, all right-thinking people should be pissed off about this.  What is not "American" about Kanye?   God knows I'm not a fan but holy shit, he's as American as Lee Freaking Greenwood and whatever other jingoistic assholes who will be performing. 

Man, just when I thought I was starting to go numb to this bullshit, something like this happens.  

Edit: Is he Canadian or something I just didn't know?

Edited by toolazy
  • Love 7
29 minutes ago, toolazy said:

Actually, all right-thinking people should be pissed off about this.  What is not "American" about Kanye?   God knows I'm not a fan but holy shit, he's as American as Lee Freaking Greenwood and whatever other jingoistic assholes who will be performing. 

Man, just when I thought I was starting to go numb to this bullshit, something like this happens.  

Edit: Is he Canadian or something I just didn't know?

I detest him but am also confused as to why he isn't "American" enough. WTF?

• Love 3