Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E16: Holy Mother of Zion

• Start Topic

After Heather commented on Seth’s party about hoping no one tells Jen Teddy was invited to the party but not her - I was surprised the next scene wasn’t her telling Jen. Maybe next week.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2

I want to see a cage match between Jen Shah-mazing, Porsha “messy “ Williams of RHOA and throw in Teresa “no so namaste” Guidice from RHONY.

All would need to have to have the same length nails so make it a fair fight.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

After Heather commented on Seth’s party about hoping no one tells Jen Teddy was invited to the party but not her - I was surprised the next scene wasn’t her telling Jen. Maybe next week.

I had that same thought! Haha! Heather is quite the chef, with all that pot stirring she does.

• Love 6
23 hours ago, Chicklet said:

What is with the "dancers" in the pool.

Was there more than one? 

21 hours ago, Pi237 said:

It’s always so weird when these housewives have people just random if dancing or striking poses as background to their parties. Feels very....not sure of the word, but elitist? At any rate, it was exceptionally awkward at this party because it was so few people and how long did she do that posing? So weird!!!

Yes - it's something I hate about all of them - "I'm so rich I decorate with LIVE PEOPLE!!!"  But at least Adrienne Maloof can hire 2 dozen of them and paint them to look like her vodka bottles or whatever 😄. If Meredith hadn't proudly announced that she was having a dancer stand on the second step of the hot tub I would have thought she was an out-of-town relative who was socially awkward and kind of drunk.  As for Seth - he should have stayed in Akron or Arkansas or wherever he was supposedly living and wanting Meredith to move last year.  But maybe they kicked him out 😄

7 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

And, yeah, none of this would be an issue if Jen hadn't gone after Brooks on social media, 

or if Brooks was out partying with college students rather than trying to audition as a Real Housewife! 😄

• Love 18
12 hours ago, rlc said:

Everything about these people is off. It’s like they watched some 80’s movies about how to have fun, and tried to emulate it. They are the human embodiment of a dubbed kung fu movie.

Yes! I was trying to find the words for this! It's like they're trying to act out what their inner dorky teen thinks is Adult Behavior, with the hired dancers and boob cakes. When Mary is one of the less obnoxious people at a party, you know the world is upside down.

It looks as if Chloe (is that her name?) is now my favorite member of the Marks family. It sure ain't Seth. It won't be Brooks, and I don't get Meredith's appeal.

Jen's tantrums are ridiculous, particularly for someone trying to convince others that she doesn't belong in jail. I hate when Housewives fights get physical, but I'll award Lisa a million cool points if she stands her ground and goes toe-to-toe with Jen.

• Love 16
8 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

with the hired dancers

What the hell was that dancer supposed to be dancing to, Phish music? Standing on the top step of the pool in fishnet stockings and swaying in the most un go go like way, she was lacking in certain "charms," and nobody was looking at her, what was the purpose of the dancer?

Boob cakes are hilarious at their age?

Being pushed in the pool in fancy (yet ugly) clothes when you spent time and money on hair and make up...how is that fun or funny? Ruined shoes and dresses that can't be returned, lol.

Once again we have Mary wearing hand thongs, she is always covering her hands.  I did like her outfit, I am currently looking for a women's tuxedo but at a much different price point than her designer price tag.  Just to be clear, I do not like her, I like her outfit.

Was Heather and Jenn's spa day at the same place the party was held? It looked like it.

I am not sure why Jenn is so worried about small closets in what ever rental they wind up in, she should sell the bulk of her stuff (to that upscale resale boutique Heather went to), and put that money aside for her defense team.

• Love 13
35 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

What the hell was that dancer supposed to be dancing to, Phish music? Standing on the top step of the pool in fishnet stockings and swaying in the most un go go like way, she was lacking in certain "charms," and nobody was looking at her, what was the purpose of the dancer?

Not to mention that it is really hard to execute any good dance moves when you are restricted to to one small step in a pool. That being said, the dancer did not even dance with her arms.

• Love 7
On 1/9/2022 at 8:28 PM, Chicklet said:

That's the saddest birthday party ever seen. Like 12 people there? Well maybe Meredith's chest counts as 2 more.

I'm strangely obsessed with her chest plate.  Is it hard plastic? Is it made of foam or memory foam?  Is it something she found in Brook Mark's closet and he shares it with her?

12 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I couldn't with Jens wig at the spa in the pool .... I mean before she got busted could she not buy some cute lace front? that wig wasn't cute

I guess she is wearing these fugly wigs because she can't afford to have her roots done.  It almost looks as bad as Mary's.

Speaking of Mary.  Did anyone talk to her at the party besides Meredith?  Can't wait to find out what she is holding over Meredith's head.  

• Love 9

I’m watching “Righteous Gemstones” and I can’t stop comparing this to Mary and her church. 

Seth is lucky - My husband wouldnt have made it to his birthday party if he was constantly complimenting another woman’s breasts. Wtf is wrong with that couple?

Adam Devine Hbo GIF by The Righteous Gemstones

• Love 16
On 1/9/2022 at 10:12 PM, Pi237 said:

It’s always so weird when these housewives have people just random if dancing or striking poses as background to their parties. Feels very....not sure of the word, but elitist? At any rate, it was exceptionally awkward at this party because it was so few people and how long did she do that posing? So weird!!!

Yeah, treating humans like decorative objects is not a good look.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, TheCouchPotato said:

I’m watching “Righteous Gemstones” and I can’t stop comparing this to Mary and her church. 

Seth is lucky - My husband wouldnt have made it to his birthday party if he was constantly complimenting another woman’s breasts. Wtf is wrong with that couple?

Adam Devine Hbo GIF by The Righteous Gemstones

I love that show, I am two episodes in and at times it is as campy as our HW's.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I am not sure why Jenn is so worried about small closets in what ever rental they wind up in, she should sell the bulk of her stuff (to that upscale resale boutique Heather went to), and put that money aside for her defense team.

Or pay her mother back so she does have retirement funds. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
On 1/9/2022 at 9:41 PM, njbchlover said:

I think it was a bodysuit and Lisa just took off the pink joggers before going in the pool.  I guess they must have been expensive.  Apparently, Brooks Marks has the same ones in blue!  Wonder if they both got them at Meredith's boutique - do you think they both got a discount? 

95A74B5C-06B5-4700-84CA-525E3E994F75.jpeg

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2

This whole "How did they know you were at Beautylab" thing needs to stop. The government has been investigating Jenn for months if not years. Her phone was most likely tapped. Whitney and Heather need to stop with that narrative. But of course this is just another deflection for Jenn to cling onto because in her world, she is completely innocent and the FBI arrested her for no reason. Jenn loves playing look over here, don't look over here. That's why she's going nuts on Lisa because the new narrative is that Meredith has something to do with Jenn's arrest and Lisa is Meredith's bestie. 

Meredith has made it pretty clear she has no interest in being anywhere Jenn is so why are these women (Mainly Heather and Whitney) shocked that Jenn was not invited to Seth's party.

They were all pretty vocal in Vail about Jenn's shadyness and misdeeds but now that Jenn is back into the fold and has proclaimed her innocence, nobody is questioning anything? I do wonder if they actually believe her or if they're just going along with it. It still baffles me that Heather (who I like on most occasions) is supporting this crazed, unhinged woman. It's only a matter of time before Jenn turns on Heather again.

I love Lisa showing up to the bus with McDonald's.

• Love 9
21 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

So I had to ask the question of the men in my house - "What would you say if you asked a friend what he wanted for his birthday, and his response was "your wife to show cleavage at the party"? The response was "that would be a problem". 

So Seth is officially a creep. 

I was thinking the same thing watching it.   The men that I know would not be happy with Seth basically saying he wants to see their wives tits on display.  As everyone above has said, he's a creepy creep.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, MaggieG said:

Meredith has made it pretty clear she has no interest in being anywhere Jenn is so why are these women (Mainly Heather and Whitney) shocked that Jenn was not invited to Seth's party.

Because like it or not they are all part of this show and are contractually obligated to attend filming if it has to do with the show  .. I'm 100% sure if they wernt half of the ladies wouldn't have shown...Even Mary who no one is talking to but Meredith (did anyone talk to her at that party really?) was there sooo all ladies but one at a function that was being filmed for the show it was just super sus 

My opinion that party was hella lame anyway so she didn't miss much with that sad one dancer standing on the steps of a pool ... and the creepy husband moterboating the cake in the shape of one of your friends  boobs .. everything about it was CRINGE

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 15
9 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Because like it or not they are all part of this show and are contractually obligated to attend filming if it has to do with the show  .. I'm 100% sure if they wernt half of the ladies wouldn't have shown...Even Mary who no one is talking to but Meredith (did anyone talk to her at that party really?) was there sooo all ladies but one at a function that was being filmed for the show it was just super sus 

I agree, they're all on the show so I think Meredith's stance is silly. It might work in real life where you can avoid people you hate but not on this show where they have to interact. I just meant in this particular situation, it wasn't like it was a dinner with all the ladies or a getaway where only they are going. It was Seth's birthday so I didn't find it odd that Jenn wasn't there or that Mer didn't invite her. Meredith has clearly said she doesn't want to be anywhere where Jenn is and that she cannot be her friend. She can't avoid her completely of course but when it comes to her husband's birthday, I would have been shocked if Jenn had been invited. There have been HW in the past that weren't invited to events because they are feuding the other HW. It just seemed to me like another thing for Whitney and Heather to make a issue out of. And for Jenn to get mad at. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, MaggieG said:

I agree, they're all on the show so I think Meredith's stance is silly. It might work in real life where you can avoid people you hate but not on this show where they have to interact. I just meant in this particular situation, it wasn't like it was a dinner with all the ladies or a getaway where only they are going. It was Seth's birthday so I didn't find it odd that Jenn wasn't there or that Mer didn't invite her. Meredith has clearly said she doesn't want to be anywhere where Jenn is and that she cannot be her friend. She can't avoid her completely of course but when it comes to her husband's birthday, I would have been shocked if Jenn had been invited. There have been HW in the past that weren't invited to events because they are feuding the other HW. It just seemed to me like another thing for Whitney and Heather to make a issue out of. And for Jenn to get mad at. 

But arnt their husbands friends? it was his party why wouldn't you invite his friend? it just came off as super petty

• Love 5

I didn't see it as petty. To me it would have been more disingenuous had she invited Jenn. We also don't know if Seth cared about having Couch Shah there since we didn't see a conversation between them about it. Maybe he's supporting Meredith in this, because he knows she doesn't want to interact with Jenn. It seemed like Seth only cared about Whitney's boobs being present.

14 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

But arnt their husbands friends? it was his party why wouldn't you invite his friend? it just came off as super petty

Also, I know we've seen the husbands hang out but I wonder if they're actual friends and not just for the show. Maybe John and Seth since Mer and Lisa have been friends for years. And John and Duy since Jennie and Lisa have been friends for years as well. It seems like they're trying to recreate the NJ husbands dynamic and that doesn't always work.

• Love 8
Just now, MaggieG said:

I didn't see it as petty. To me it would have been more disingenuous had she invited Jenn. We also don't know if Seth cared about having Couch Shah there since we didn't see a conversation between them about it. Maybe he's supporting Meredith in this, because he knows she doesn't want to interact with Jenn. It seemed like Seth only cared about Whitney's boobs being present.

Also, I know we've seen the husbands hang out but I wonder if they're actual friends and not just for the show. Maybe John and Seth since Mer and Lisa have been friends for years. And John and Duy since Jennie and Lisa have been friends for years as well. It seems like they're trying to recreate the NJ husbands dynamic and that doesn't always work.

Again the only reason i say its petty is because she invited all the other husbands who were his friends and they were shown last season hanging out and The new girls husband was there.. so invite everyone from the cast but one person was petty (Jen said she was sorry Mer said she accepted it but then began to ice her out) it just really showed how disingenuous Mer is ... you said you accepted her sorry and you would move forward now for some reason NO its not good enough? shes petty

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
41 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Again the only reason i say its petty is because she invited all the other husbands who were his friends and they were shown last season hanging out and The new girls husband was there.. so invite everyone from the cast but one person was petty (Jen said she was sorry Mer said she accepted it but then began to ice her out) it just really showed how disingenuous Mer is ... you said you accepted her sorry and you would move forward now for some reason NO its not good enough? shes petty

Maybe Meredith actually believes the charges that have been made against Jenn? Yes they made up and she forgave her and then Jenn got arrested and a whole bunch of info came out. Jenn is saying the same thing "we made up" but does Jenn not realize that not everyone is going to buy her sob story of the government is out to get me? It was only after the arrest that Meredith made her stance. And she's been pretty firm on it. Before that she wasn't against filming with her. Again, to me it wouldn't make any sense if she invited Jenn because they are clearly feuding. I have my other issues with Meredith, like her weird loyalty to Mary but in this case I have no issues with her not inviting Jenn. Another instance of Heather stirring the pot. Anyway, agree to disagree.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, MaggieG said:

Maybe Meredith actually believes the charges that have been made against Jenn? Yes they made up and she forgave her and then Jenn got arrested and a whole bunch of info came out. Jenn is saying the same thing "we made up"

But thats not the excuse she is giving ... when asked why its because there is to much hurt (IE using the brooks thing has an excuse)......why lie about the reason? be str8 up but dont tell her you forgive her then try to use that has the excuse for not being her friend... its petty on her part

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I love that show, I am two episodes in and at times it is as campy as our HW's.

Haha - totally agree. Absolutely love it as well. Goodman took a very dark, and unexpected turn in the last epi 😬 can’t wait for the next. 

• Love 3

I believe you're both right and it's a bit of each thing!

Meredith doesn't want to be around Jen after the arrest, and I get it. I would have distanced myself as well. With all the screaming, threats and finger-in-face crap Jen does, the arrest was probably just the straw that broke the entire camel. (There was also the theft from Mere's store by that assistant, and the SM crap against BrooKS MarKS, and who knows what else. There might have been more after the apology tour that we don't know about.)

Not inviting Jen to the party was petty, especially if Coach and Creepy are really friends. It wasn't Meredith's birthday. And yes, she should just flat-out say why she no longer wants to be Jen's friend.

• Love 11

Has anyone seen the tweets Jen made about Twenty-two Year Old CHILD Brooks Marks?  I fell like it went from liking mean tweets, to questioning his sexuality, and now to threatening to the point where she needed an investigator - but all we've seen on this show are a couple mean tweets.  In this day and age I need to see those threats before I believe they exist 😃

• Love 12
53 minutes ago, princelina said:

Has anyone seen the tweets Jen made about Twenty-two Year Old CHILD Brooks Marks?  I fell like it went from liking mean tweets, to questioning his sexuality, and now to threatening to the point where she needed an investigator - but all we've seen on this show are a couple mean tweets.  In this day and age I need to see those threats before I believe they exist 😃

You arnt wrong lol 

And this isn’t defending Jen in any way for anything she has done. But Meredith’s actions in response to what happened with the tweets doesn’t line up with the major freak out and shunning she is doing of Jen. I get defending your “child” (he’s 22 he isn’t a child and it annoys me so much when she tries to make it seem like he isn’t a grown ass adult) but it was 2 tweets come on now. She apologized for it ....and again to say I forgive you lets move on then back track on that out of nowhere it seems ...for what? why? did she continue to do it? it makes no sense .. If this is about the tweets as she is saying it is.....

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, princelina said:

I believe the tweets were a separate thing from the threats, which were in texts a bunch of them got, but I don't know where the texts fall in Meredith's "let's shun Jen" timeline.

Did production show us the texts? I can't remember because this season has felt 84 years long already, lol. I remember Lisa saying she believed they were from Jen because of the way she spelled because "becuz", or something stupid like that.

But I agree, Brooks is absolutely not a child. He also has a mouth on him. I liked Meredith better last year when she disengaged from everything.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

I believe the tweets were a separate thing from the threats, which were in texts a bunch of them got, but I don't know where the texts fall in Meredith's "let's shun Jen" timeline.

Did production show us the texts?

They showed something - the "twink" comment that Jen liked, and maybe something snarky that she responded to that, but nothing rising to the level of threats - I guess if she hired an investigator the "threats" were anonymous, but we have never been given proof that they exist, or that her "investigation" tied them to Jen.  If I were betting on it my money would go on fake and exaggerated.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

It might have been that once Jen liked/retweeted negative stuff about Brooks, random social media wackos used that as an excuse to be verbally abusive and make death threats. That kind of stuff can be really scary, especially if doxxing is involved. But then why would Meredith go through the theatre of demanding and pretending to accept Jen's apology? Why do the bathtub celebration of Jen's arrest then lecture the other women about how they need to be better friends to Jen? The SLC Housewives are endlessly fascinating to me because of their strangeness; I almost never understand why they do what they do.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
5 hours ago, Victoria Winters said:

If Meredith did hire the P.I....maybe he came up with the shady stuff Jen was doing. Obviously the feds have been on her for sometime but he may have found out she was being investigated. Meredith seemed to " disengage" way too quick.., she knew something....

Meredith hiring a PI was ridiculous did he snoop on the other ladies or was it just JEN? if he couldn't tell you who sent the messages he shouldn't have said but its PROBABLY JEN (like Meredith said he said) they don't guess that could get a lot of people in trouble and hurt and any PI worth anything wouldn't say well It PROBABLY is but i have no proof... so it could have been anyone but since you think its her just go with that) She is doing to much like she is trying to cover her own ass here something is off with all of this

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 7
On 1/11/2022 at 6:44 AM, OFDgal said:

I was thinking the same thing watching it.   The men that I know would not be happy with Seth basically saying he wants to see their wives tits on display.  As everyone above has said, he's a creepy creep.

I wouldn't like it if someone said they wanted to see my tits on display. To hell with the men in my life--they wouldn't be the ones being objectified. However, Whitney seemed fine with it, so I suppose no harm-no foul. Seth might want to rethink that strategy in the future however, because at some point he's going to objectify the wrong person and get an earful. 

Edited by NoWhammies
  • Love 14
On 1/9/2022 at 10:41 PM, njbchlover said:

Probable unpopular opinion here, but I actually liked Mary's Alexander McQueen outfit (although she could have done without the excessive amount of accessories).  I finally agree with something that Mary said - she definitely should have stayed far away from the pool shenanigans while wearing it.  I'm sure it was very, very expensive.

Why would Mary care, she didn’t pay for the outfit.   

I love how Mary and Jen have the most expensive outfits. Mary is obsessed with labels, the more labels showing the better.  Anyone who can go on tv and brag about their expensive outfits knowing that the money was stolen from struggling people is a real piece of garbage.  

• Love 10
On 1/11/2022 at 7:56 AM, MaggieG said:

This whole "How did they know you were at Beautylab" thing needs to stop. The government has been investigating Jenn for months if not years. Her phone was most likely tapped. Whitney and Heather need to stop with that narrative. But of course this is just another deflection for Jenn to cling onto because in her world, she is completely innocent and the FBI arrested her for no reason. Jenn loves playing look over here, don't look over here. That's why she's going nuts on Lisa because the new narrative is that Meredith has something to do with Jenn's arrest and Lisa is Meredith's bestie. 

They were all pretty vocal in Vail about Jenn's shadyness and misdeeds but now that Jenn is back into the fold and has proclaimed her innocence, nobody is questioning anything? I do wonder if they actually believe her or if they're just going along with it. It still baffles me that Heather (who I like on most occasions) is supporting this crazed, unhinged woman. It's only a matter of time before Jenn turns on Heather again.

I love Lisa showing up to the bus with McDonald's.

They're just trying not to be murdered by that nutjob!  I don't blame them!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 1/10/2022 at 10:05 AM, Keywestclubkid said:

I couldn't with Jens wig at the spa in the pool .... I mean before she got busted could she not buy some cute lace front? that wig wasn't cute

Ikr? Like, her real hair is so much nicer than that hideous Party City wig. I just don’t get it. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1