Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: 2 Joes Are Better Than 1

• Start Topic

Eighteen women date two men -- one is rich and one is definitely not -- without knowing who is who; as love connections are made, each guy finds his perfect match, and the women must decide what is more important to them: love or money.

Original air date: Jan 6 2022

• Love 1

Yup I watched this. 🤫 Ok so 1 guy is worth 10M and the other is not. Doesn’t mean he’s poor. He could be worth 9.5M or 30M or 10B. The guys bromance was the best relationship on episode 1. Oh well, I’ll watch, it’s the Bachelor in a different mansion with double the bachelors and half the skanks and a Jeeves/Martin instead of Harrison or Palmer. 

Edited by dizzyd
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6

I have to admit, the whole cagey avoidance of just how poor Kurt is makes me suspect the idea that he doesn't make 10million because he really makes more than that is the true twist. 

Is it just me or are the women a bit older? Everyone is 25 to what 32? it seems a higher age range. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Most of the girls are immature, overly made up, overly botoxed lips, and scream every two minutes over nothing.  Not the Bachelorette type at all.  More High school type.

If it’s anything like the original show from nearly 20 years ago, they purposefully cast gold-digging women most likely to have a meltdown when they find out the guy isn’t rich. The casting this time seems to be half shallow gold-diggers and half women who are successful on their own and don’t need no man to support them. But the fact that they know one guy is rich and the other isn’t is already lessening the chance for dramatic meltdowns when the gold diggers find out the truth. The original show was a full-out bait and switch. These women were very young children then, so they really could have set up the original premise and told them a fake show name. I’m trying to figure out whether the butler is the same guy. He doesn’t quite look old enough—but I may have lost perspective on how old he was back in the day. The teaching how to dance is similar to the original show, as the original Joe was so uncouth that the butler needed to give him lessons like Belle teaching the Beast how to eat soup with a spoon. But I don’t really like this dynamic with the two buddy Joes in constant talks and duo talking heads. It had potential to get interesting if they were interested in the same girls, but Kurt (I think that’s his name) zeroed in on Caroline (I think that’s her name) from the balcony, and it looks like it’s all her for him, despite her ex-husband and 3-year-old kid. So I guess it’s a good thing there is an alternate Joe in Steven, or we’d be in a Clare season of The Bachelorette territory here.

On to the girls… That was wild that the one girl knew Steven so they had to whisk her away before she let any more details spill beyond, “I know him!” I felt bad for her because she’s probably wondering like what if I hit it off with the other guy? I don’t remember any of the girls’ names yet, but we already have drama with the one influencer girl with abandonment issues and a lot of plastic surgery “looking” at one of the mean blondes. The one who wore the same dress can’t hold her liquor and caused a major scene—and the other one who had the same dress thought she was only in the bottom because the other one copied her dress so she didn’t stand out or something—as if anyone would care about that. It was pretty funny jumping back and forth between the honky tonk bar and the cotillion dates were each group was hooting it up and having the time of their lives vs sitting around depressed and crying and fighting with each other, respectively. Otherwise I thought this first episode was a little slow, but it has potential.

• Love 5
43 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

m trying to figure out whether the butler is the same guy. He doesn’t quite look old enough—but I may have lost perspective on how old he was back in the day.

He's not the same. Original guy was older and a little bit more portly. His name was Paul Hogan which I remember because the butler was NOT Crocodile Dundee but had the same name. 

The more I think on it, the more I think the catch is that both Joes are millionaires. They're way too specific on how much Steven has to not mention Kurt's specific income. Also if Kurt is a contractor in a city with his own business.... he ain't poor. 

I feel like the Olympian chick was tossed because she was too tall. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, dizzyd said:

Yup I watched this. 🤫 Ok so 1 guy is worth 10M and the other is not. Doesn’t mean he’s poor. He could be worth 9.5M or 30M or 10B. The guys bromance was the best relationship on episode 1. Oh well, I’ll watch, it’s the Bachelor in a different mansion with double the bachelors and half the skanks and a Jeeves/Martin instead of Harrison or Palmer. 

Plus the “rich” one is in a family business and half his assets are probably in cows. I wonder how many would be willing to live on a farm in the middle of nowhere .  And The other one is just starting his own company and has promise.  So which one is actually the catch depends on what the woman is looking for  

I wonder why they went for the cheap looking women.  Bad hair, brassy dye jobs, cheap clothing, cheap makeup.   Maybe they’ll do some makeovers?  

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

I loved this episode.  I also really like the bromance between the two leads. I also like that the champagne is flowing as it helps bring out the drama.  Yes, I admit it-I'm totally a "wrong reasons" watcher.  Sara Rue (?) was complaining that Kurt wouldn't even look at her and I was so 'yes, because otherwise he wouldn't be able to look away from your over-filled lips."  I couldn't look at anything else when the camera was on her.  I was surprised that Brookelle (?) was so adamant that she would not live in a small town-wait it out a bit and just see what happens.  When one is so clear that there will be no compromise why keep her?  She basically eliminated herself.

It is interesting that the two leads have to agree on whom to eliminate.  I think it will get quite tense in the future when they actually know the women.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

I have to admit, the whole cagey avoidance of just how poor Kurt is makes me suspect the idea that he doesn't make 10million because he really makes more than that is the true twist. 

If two of us have figured this out... how haven't any of the girls yet? 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Those botoxed lips looked exactly like the wax lips we kids used to buy at the drug store and wear to be funny.

Such a bunch of trashy looking women, except for a few. Fake lips, fake boobs, hooker clothes. But maybe guys like that, what do i know.

I missed the first part so don't know which is the real rich guy, but anyone who owns a huge amount of land in any state and farms has to be wealthy, although most of that money is tied up in grossly expensive equipment and bank loans. My favorite part is the bromance, I'm in it for that, forget the women.

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

... Sara Rue (?) was complaining that Kurt wouldn't even look at her and I was so 'yes, because otherwise he wouldn't be able to look away from your over-filled lips."  I couldn't look at anything else when the camera was on her.   ....

Horrifying.  I thought her mouth might explode.

I think it's Calah? (piano girl) who said "Steven's and I's", twice.  She's dead to me.

That is all.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
16 minutes ago, JLaw said:

If two of us have figured this out... how haven't any of the girls yet? 

I don't want to be unkind but.... most of them didn't seem very smart. Like, take the one who knew Steven. Duh, you're going to be booted because even if they didn't tell you the whole one is rich one is poor thing, you're not supposed to know the guys at all. 

I mean I know a number of them said they were attorneys but honestly I would not have picked that up from how any of them handled themselves.

Honestly while Kurt and Steven seemed nice enough, they aren't especially hot and  Steven seemed a bit full of himself. I mean its nice that he's got money but I suspect the local girls aren't interested because he's kind of boring. Production seems very much into portraying him as "a country boy" and I wonder if thats just his comfort level. What I find irritating about him - if I assume he legit is looking for a genuine companion and isn't just a reality whore (unlikely I know) is that by dint of being the guy with the cash, he seems to very much assume its his way or the highway. His whole "she is all about the city and I am a farmer" schtick and I was like "oh so basically you're the man and she'll need to bend because you're totally not willing since you're the rich one". 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, EllaWycliffe said:

His whole "she is all about the city and I am a farmer" schtick and I was like "oh so basically you're the man and she'll need to bend because you're totally not willing since you're the rich one". 

Welllll....his wealth comes from a family business in Missouri.  I assume he needs to stick around to help build more wealth.  She wasn't even smart enough to give herself any leeway.  ANYWAY...they need to cull the herd.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

Welllll....his wealth comes from a family business in Missouri.  I assume he needs to stick around to help build more wealth.  She wasn't even smart enough to give herself any leeway.  ANYWAY...they need to cull the herd.

I get you but it was pretty blunt and arrogant. She was dumb to be so blunt over it but if these two were just dating, his attitude isn't great either. 

Agree on the culling, I just wish the one with the kid and the crybaby drunk one had been the ones to go. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, candall said:

I think it's Calah? (piano girl) who said "Steven's and I's", twice.  She's dead to me.

WHAT??? Candall???  You KNOW that's is RealitySpeech

2 hours ago, PBnJay said:

Those botoxed lips looked exactly like the wax lips we kids used to buy at the drug store and wear to be funny.

ALL ABOUT DA LIPS !!!

17 hours ago, WescottF1 said:

So. Much. Lip. Filler.

3 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Sara Rue (?) was complaining that Kurt wouldn't even look at her and I was so 'yes, because otherwise he wouldn't be able to look away from your over-filled lips."  I couldn't look at anything else when the camera was on her.

If she says it two more times, she'll be on 2-3 more future shows.

• LOL 1

This seems like a perfect show for the winter. I did notice that they seem to be dubbing in a lot of reaction vocals without showing the speaker. So while this is hard to imagine, I think this may be more fake than The Bachelor. Not complaining as I am a Wrong Reasons Watcher, but I do like my wrong reasons to not be too obviously fake...

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 1/6/2022 at 10:01 PM, kristen111 said:

Most of the girls are immature, overly made up, overly botoxed lips, and scream every two minutes over nothing.  Not the Bachelorette type at all.  More High school type.

Agreed. This show is similar to the Bachelor with a British butler. I thought it was a remake of the Joe Shomo show.

• LOL 2

I didn't understand the whole same dress drama.  Not just because it was a such an overreaction but because I wasn't clear on how 2 of the same dresses became available.  Did every participant have a choice of 3 and it just so happened no other 2 women picked the same dress?  I admit I missed a lot because I muted the whole thing due to the constant over the top squealing and my captions are not all that reliable.

I've felt a lot of second hand embarrassment for reality TV contestants, but the tremendous "I've been saved!" reaction from the first potential woman to be eliminated (Suzan?) was one of the cringiest things I've seen.   I'm sad for her that it meant that much.  Right up there with the woman on the Bachelor that time who cried while telling us she was out of chances and her eggs are rotting, or everything Jamie Otis has ever done.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, eyelash said:

I didn't understand the whole same dress drama.  Not just because it was a such an overreaction but because I wasn't clear on how 2 of the same dresses became available.  Did every participant have a choice of 3 and it just so happened no other 2 women picked the same dress?  I admit I missed a lot because I muted the whole thing due to the constant over the top squealing and my captions are not all that reliable.

I've felt a lot of second hand embarrassment for reality TV contestants, but the tremendous "I've been saved!" reaction from the first potential woman to be eliminated (Suzan?) was one of the cringiest things I've seen.   I'm sad for her that it meant that much.  Right up there with the woman on the Bachelor that time who cried while telling us she was out of chances and her eggs are rotting, or everything Jamie Otis has ever done.

Everyone was given one dress. The girl who “stole the look” was given this horrendously ugly pea-soup green dress with short sleeves that hung down. Then production laid out 3 extra dresses, and one “just so happened” to be exactly the same as the most beautiful dress. So, basically production gave the ugly dress to the person most likely not to care about wearing the same dress and the beautiful dress to the person most likely to throw a fit about it, and through the magic of producer manipulation, created a dramatic storyline.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

I swear Rachel was wiping her nose and tears on the curtains when she ran up the stairs.  She grabbed those drapes and was crying into them.  

Steven and Kurt were on TMZ before the show.  They would not tell the TMZ guys who was the rich one.  Steven was doing all the talking and blabbing on and on.  Kurt was much quieter.  Steven talked about the bromance.  The TMZ guys were trying to guess who was rich by their backgrounds.  Steven was standing in front of a stone fireplace.  Kurt was in what looked like a cheaply set up office.  I just found it interesting how Steven felt he had to talk for both of them.  Kurt came off more likeable just by sitting back and not hogging the attention.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, FlyingEgret said:

This seems like a perfect show for the winter. I did notice that they seem to be dubbing in a lot of reaction vocals without showing the speaker. So while this is hard to imagine, I think this may be more fake than The Bachelor. Not complaining as I am a Wrong Reasons Watcher, but I do like my wrong reasons to not be too obviously fake...

The original added slurping sounds to imply that one of the girls was giving the Joe a blow job.  It's all about how trashy can they be. 

16 hours ago, oakville said:

Agreed. This show is similar to the Bachelor with a British butler. I thought it was a remake of the Joe Shomo show.

But trashier, and produced to encourage more embarrassment from the girls.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, FlyingEgret said:

I agree.  I love that it's campy and the producers don't seem to expect the audience to take it seriously like they do on The Bachelor/Bachelorette. It's more just for fun, like "Rock of Love" and "Flavor of Love." Those shows were very entertaining to me. (Yeah, I know I'm low brow af.)

Edited by queta
  • Love 9
21 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Coming here to say I loooooooooooooooooove the show.   And I'm so happy it's back!  I loved it in 2003 too!  Ok!  Now to read all the posts!

Reunion!!!!!! Now if they’d only bring Nor on for riding lessons … 

Maybe the real twist is also for the audience. Maybe Kurt is really the wealthy one and Steven isn't. I feel like they should have kept it a secret from the viewers, it would have been more interesting.

On 1/12/2022 at 8:28 AM, Amy Beth said:

In the tradition of the original Joe Millionaire, is there any chance that one of the ladies is a plant who is wealthier than both of the Joes? 

I watched long enough to hear some of the women say they are financially independent and there seem to be a few attorneys on there. I think the twist will be that one guy is worth $10 million - and the other guy will be worth $20 million! I couldn't make it very long with all the immature screaming and fake faces. And the dresses were ridiculous and very tacky - even with a good figure. No taste or class at all.

The women are definitely a step down from the Bachelor. A bit more made up and skankyish. The lips my god. But there are a few more normal ones. 

Honestly I like having two guys and seeing them bounce the experience off each other. Neither of them is super hot but also not ugly. And even Kurt - the not millionaire - seems to have a good life going. 

• Love 3
On 1/7/2022 at 2:12 PM, EllaWycliffe said:

I mean I know a number of them said they were attorneys but honestly I would not have picked that up from how any of them handled themselves.

One of them said she likes to be in charge so she became an attorney.  Um the judge is in charge and when he or she is not the client is.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 1/7/2022 at 2:12 PM, EllaWycliffe said:

Honestly while Kurt and Steven seemed nice enough, they aren't especially hot

Steven has a piggy face and as he ages and gains weight it will be even more accentuated.   I don’t think anyone looks good with the man bun.

On 1/7/2022 at 3:59 PM, Back Atcha said:

WHAT??? Candall???  You KNOW that's is RealitySpeech

They also love to use I after a preposition.  They threw a party for Steven and I.  Is this just totally skipped in school these days?

• Love 2
13 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

They also love to use I after a preposition.  They threw a party for Steven and I.  Is this just totally skipped in school these days?

Lest we forget, "Steven and I's Lexus."   Meghan and I's vunerability (misspelled on purpose).    Horatio and I's STD.

They need you and ME to follow the cameras around and correct them...every show...every time!   We charge $100 for every correction.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 1/18/2022 at 11:04 PM, Back Atcha said:

They also love to use I after a preposition.  They threw a party for Steven and I.  

"And" is a conjunction (just a joining word)...and I think teachers have pushed the "and I" so strongly where it SHOULD be used...that they forget about where it should not.

Steve and I are are buying a puppy.

That puppy belongs to Steve and me.  (I'm often corrected when speaking like this.  I love to say, "Here!  Let me diagram this for you," said Twelve Years of Catholic School!).

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Best rule I ever saw for knowing what pronoun you should use for yourself in a sentence that is about two people,,,,take the other person out and see if the sentence still is grammatical.  
Example 1:  Joe and I’s date was fun.   I’s date was fun.  
Example 2:  Joe and my date was fun.  My date was fun.  

• Love 1
On 2/7/2022 at 2:32 PM, DEL901 said:

Best rule I ever saw for knowing what pronoun you should use for yourself in a sentence that is about two people,,,,take the other person out and see if the sentence still is grammatical.  
Example 1:  Joe and I’s date was fun.   I’s date was fun.  
Example 2:  Joe and my date was fun.  My date was fun.  

2 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I also use the plural.  If you are talking about something where one would use "us" it is "me."  If it is something where one would use "we" it is "I."

These both are such easy rules (tricks) to remember...but eventually we'll all be speaking "Bravolebrity English.   Sad Molly Shannon GIF by Gunpowder & Sky

• Love 1