Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E08: A Very Slaton Vacation

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

Reminder: Episodes happen in episode time.  No future social or other media should be discussed; only discuss what was known at the time of filming. 

• Start Topic

On 1/3/2022 at 1:15 PM, Ria said:

She is risking organ damage, blindness and amputation with the way she eats.

And she’s already legally blind.

On 1/3/2022 at 3:19 PM, Kid said:

And Chris is already not eating as he should. I.e. the beef and gravy.

I would think red meat would be one of the hardest things to digest.  Maybe he means compared to fried chicken.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

I would think red meat would be one of the hardest things to digest.  Maybe he means compared to fried chicken.

I can make tasty boneless, skinless chicken, breasts or thighs. Fish too. Even beans and brown rice. Beef and gravy doesn't sound like the best choice.

I'm wondering if it's difficult to digest things like spinach and lettuce after surgery.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, nokat said:

I can make tasty boneless, skinless chicken, breasts or thighs. Fish too. Even beans and brown rice. Beef and gravy doesn't sound like the best choice.

I'm wondering if it's difficult to digest things like spinach and lettuce after surgery.

It is. They recommend waiting three months. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
56 minutes ago, PearlClutcher said:

She should be embarrassed to have to sit on her butt and have anyone push her anymore. 

If she would at least show appreciation.  We've never once heard her thank anyone for pushing her or apologize to them for having to push such a heavy weight.  Of course, it's possible she said it and it was edited out, but more than likely, she's never said it.

• Love 11

I binged all weekend Seasons 1 and 2 under the guise of getting a better understanding of the sisters and as shock treatment to get myself in order.  Boy is Amy passive aggressive!  Sure everyone is focused on Tammy and why won't she lose weight but has this family really taken a look at themselves?  If I was at 250, 300, 400 lbs, I wouldn't say squat on someone else lack of weight loss.  All 3 siblings that had gastric surgery are still in the woods as far as I am concerned.   The personal examples around me have all gained almost their weight back which still amazes me. Do all of the family members have to be so focused on being so snarky to Tammy or is it Producer driven? I started out rooting for Tammy but lost interest and feel the same as her current Dr when he told her see me when you start.  Too bad there isn't a drug to make you care so much that you make the sacrifice to eat right and exercise.  I would empty my HSA for that drug lol!

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
20 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The Drag Show event looked like fun to go to.   

I thought the Drag brunch/show so cool as well!  I wished more was shown of Tammy's friends from the LGBTQ community and MORE DRAG QWEENS!  It all looked fun and I would have liked to hear what some people outside her family thinks of her weight loss journey (or the lack there of).  Oh and more of the eye candy hosting the drag brunch 🤭

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, nokat said:

Beef and gravy doesn't sound like the best choice.

While finding a [good] therapist is important, I think some appointments with a nutritionist are needed.  I think Chris is doing the best he can but clearly this family (actually everyone on this show) could benefit from some nutritional education.   

• Love 13
16 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

I would think red meat would be one of the hardest things to digest.  

However, if it's coated in gravy it probably "goes down" easier.

I like Chris but sadly, none of these people care about staying healthy by eating healthier. Not even for the sake of their kids. 

I'm sure they will all be on a TLC special "Where Are They Now?"

• Love 2
On 1/4/2022 at 4:48 PM, Showthyme said:

I didn't know that I can have gravy on my diet! TLC really is the learning channel.

It makes sense. There is no protein in mashed potatoes.

Did Chris have to talk about feeders and fetishes in the exam room? It would have sufficed to say Tammy has unhealthy relationships, or that she has people in her life who are enabling her disordered eating. Poor Dr. Smith. Can the exposure from this show really be worth having to deal with this family? I hope Dr. Procter has apologized for inflicting them on him. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
18 hours ago, swankie said:

Tammy:  "You need to shut up!"  

Sister: "Get your fat ass out of that chair and make me!!!"

I * CAN'T * WAIT!!!  

I can't resist a good train wreck!   I'll be there with bells on!  😁

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
On 1/4/2022 at 7:57 PM, slasherboy said:

Is that what it was? I couldn't figure it out and finally came to the conclusion it was a slice of cheese, but a cracker seems to make more sense. Now I can relax.

HAHA  I just realized I sound a bit obsessed with this show and really, I'm not. I just stare at Tammy's face and shudder thinking what a crapshoot life is when it comes to looks. No offense ... I'm no prize myself ... but man, she scowls and I feel the Earth shake.

I think it was a teething biscuit. The kid munches on it and it basically dissolved the second it’s in your mouth. My kids loved them when they were teething 

• Useful 2
  • Love 9

The supersized episode only had one bonus scene, but it was a long one:  The family goes looking for an RV to rent for their vacation.  They find a perfect one, but turn it down because there's no way Tammy could climb the steps to get in.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Gemma Violet said:

The supersized episode only had one bonus scene, but it was a long one:  the family goes looking for an RV to rent for their vacation.  They find a perfect one, but turn it down because there's no way Tammy could climb the steps to get in.

They inconvenienced themselves to accommodate her. Then, it appears from the previews of next week, that she does nothing but make their lives miserable and ruin the vacation. When are they going to learn???

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

The supersized episode only had one bonus scene, but it was a long one:  The family goes looking for an RV to rent for their vacation.  They find a perfect one, but turn it down because there's no way Tammy could climb the steps to get in.

I was wondering what happened to the RV! That's a real shame to because can I just tell you. My parents got a fancy pants RV last summer and my dad and I drove it 9 hours home from the dealership. It was the furthest we had been away from home since Covid started and it was such a godsend to have our own potty on-board and not have to go in any rest areas on the way. I rented a car for us to drive down and we packed our own food and water. We stopped only when we had to. Even though we were going straight home it was the best trip ever. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13

Can you imagine being trapped in an RV with Tammy?  You get the right mix of people and an RV trip is incredibly fun.  Now imagine throwing Tammy into the mix.  She won't fit in most areas.  She won't be able to use the bathroom.  She doesn't clean herself well.  She would complain the whole time.  It's amazing they made it through the van trip with her. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 15
3 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

it was such a godsend to have our own potty on-board

Tammy's bigger than Whitney Thore, and Whit had a problem getting into an RV toilet, a couple of seasons ago.
How far is the trip?  Since TLC (I assume) is paying, they should rent one of those ambulances that Dr. Now uses, to get her there.  
But guess we'll have to wait until next week to see if she gets in the lodge, or pouts in the van the whole time.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Can you imagine being trapped in an RV with Tammy

😂 I think THAT just moved to the top of my list of "what's the worst thing that can ever happen to me".

Edited by chenoa333
  • LOL 16
7 minutes ago, auntjess said:

But guess we'll have to wait until next week to see if she gets in the lodge, or pouts in the van the whole time

I'm going to go with Tammy pouting in the van, pouting in the lodge, pouting while being pushed by (insert name of family member here)  just general 24/7 resting beast face.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, goofygirl said:

Does Tammy ever do ANYTHING but pout? Oh yeah.  She EATS....

She is the bitchiest bitch.. Cares nothing for herself.   Sorry to say but I think she just wants to be her FULL self and wants to die.  JMO.  I feel sorry for her.  kinda

• Love 5
On 1/4/2022 at 5:38 PM, monagatuna said:

Are drag brunches not a thing where you are? They've been around for years and they're SO much fun! And NO you do not need to be pan to enjoy one. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 yeah, no, drag queen brunches are not a thing around here, either. Neither is drinking like that at any kind of brunch. 🙄

Edited by CringeWatcher
  • Love 6

I just watched this episode and I felt bad for Chris wanting nothing to do but go to bed after a long day of traveling.  I am the same way.  but instead, he gets to stand there and watch Tammy cry about wanting to go home.  Why?  Because she is afraid to walk up the ramp to the house........sheesh she is a piece of work.

And the RV scene.....um yeah.  It would have made the trip so much nicer for everyone in a RV then 2 cars.  But again Tubby Tammy cannot walk up 2 steps so no go on the RV

She is your typical addict, Self centered and surrounded by enablers because they don't know any better.  I do think they are finally seeing they are not helping her in any kind of weight loss journey.  I said a couple of episodes earlier that they need to let Tammy live her life fat and happy.  As short as it would be at least she would be happy.  Or would she?

• Love 12

I know people approach situations differently, but I’m amazed at Tammy’s attitude that everyone should approach every situation with the thought of “will Tammy like it?” I’m probably too far the other direction, but I absolutely hate having to impose upon someone to help me - even when I know they don’t mind and truly want to help. The idea of going through life totally dependent on family simply because you refuse to take normal corrective action is mind-boggling. But I can also guarantee you, if that was my family, Tammy would have faced some serious tough love years ago and then, if she didn’t improve, she would have been left alone to fend for herself. 

• Love 14
5 hours ago, gaPeach said:

I just watched this episode and I felt bad for Chris wanting nothing to do but go to bed after a long day of traveling.

Plus he had to take off work for the trip because he actually has a real job. I would have been PISSED if I made the sacrifice to take PTO only to have one of the people in the party ruin the beginning of the trip because they didn’t want to be there, not to mention Tammy's presumed horrible reasons for her tantrum.

I know we already said it but Chris and Brittany's t-shirts were adorable.

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Love 10

Do we really think she couldn’t have walked up the ramp with assistance on either side? Like Michael holding one side and Amanda holding the other? And maybe Misty bringing up the rear?The whole situation was a total farce, right? These might be a series of rhetorical questions 😳

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, RedDelicious said:

Do we really think she couldn’t have walked up the ramp with assistance on either side? Like Michael holding one side and Amanda holding the other? And maybe Misty bringing up the rear?The whole situation was a total farce, right? These might be a series of rhetorical questions 😳

There was a woman on Too Large last week who was over 700 pounds and much more mobile than Tammy.  So some of it may just be laziness.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I've read a couple of opinions (either here or somewhere else) that Tammy's "fear" of the ramp is probably a ruse for her wanting to have a place alone so she can order food and get on the internet with her boyfriend(s).  If she goes up the ramp, she's in a cabin surrounded by people who won't let her do either of those things.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
25 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

I've read a couple of opinions (either here or somewhere else) that Tammy's "fear" of the ramp is probably a ruse for her wanting to have a place alone so she can order food and get on the internet with her boyfriend(s).  If she goes up the ramp, she's in a cabin surrounded by people who won't let her do either of those things.

If that's actually the case it's sad to think Tammy would rather be alone with her addictions than with her siblings who truly seem to care about her and her well being. 

I read somewhere (here?) that Tammy had not left her house in six years prior to this show so it's unlikely she would choose to be alone (she could have just stayed home) rather than join her family.  Fear is a huge thing.  My 80 yo mother suffers from mild dementia and sometimes her fear of falling can paralyze her in her tracks.   It's possible that Tammy has a very real fear of falling - which would be a very big deal since they would need to call for help to get her up, possibility of injury to herself and anyone she fell on as well. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 1/3/2022 at 4:19 PM, Kid said:

And Chris is already not eating as he should. I.e. the beef and gravy.

I had a sleeve gastrectomy, which is what Chris had, in 2013.  In the early days after surgery your primary focus is getting enough protein, 60gms, a day.  It is nearly impossible to digest “dry” protein.  Depending on the gravy, I see no problem with him eating that.  To this day, I can’t eat chicken breast.  Even with some sauce it just lays like a lump in my tiny pouch.

• Useful 4
  • Love 5

I think I watched this last night. I haven't kept up with episodes, so I had to look around to see which one was the family vacation one. Seems like they went to a cabin in Gatlinburg? And Tammy was complaining about the altitude making it hard to breathe. I got curious and looked it up. Gatlinburg is only about 750' higher than Dixon, KY, both at fairly low altitudes. I know altitude makes your lungs have to work harder--hiking in Yosemite is very different from hiking in San Jose, for example--but is her health so fragile that 750 feet would make it more difficult for her to breathe, or is that just another excuse to not hang around with the family?

• Love 5
On 1/10/2022 at 11:55 AM, JJ1 said:

... but I’m amazed at Tammy’s attitude that everyone should approach every situation with the thought of “will Tammy like it?” . 

I'm amazed at AMY's attitude that everyone should approach every situation with the thought of "will Tammy like it?"  I'm not particularly an Amy fan (although she's MUCH more likeable than Tammy) but that clueless woman truly believes the world revolves around her sister. Insert funny/rude comment about Tammy being the size of a planet here ... I did. Guess which planet? Hint: it coincides with Tammy being an asshole and starts with the letter "U".

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 2/6/2022 at 5:48 PM, monagatuna said:

I think I watched this last night. I haven't kept up with episodes, so I had to look around to see which one was the family vacation one. Seems like they went to a cabin in Gatlinburg? And Tammy was complaining about the altitude making it hard to breathe. I got curious and looked it up. Gatlinburg is only about 750' higher than Dixon, KY, both at fairly low altitudes. I know altitude makes your lungs have to work harder--hiking in Yosemite is very different from hiking in San Jose, for example--but is her health so fragile that 750 feet would make it more difficult for her to breathe, or is that just another excuse to not hang around with the family?

I did laugh at that.  Most people think it is high in the mountains when in fact it is in a valley.

• Love 4

I ABSOLUTELY , POSITIVELY, TOTALLY 100% think Tammy's family needs to drop her like a hot potato.  This women is a petulant child, treating everyone abhorrently and is so angry....yet unwilling to work/deal with her problems that she knows EXIST. FOR GODS SAKE.......STOP 🛑 enabling her and let her learn the hard way.....so sad and disgusting

• Like 1