Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E03: Force Projection

raven
  • Start Topic

Avasarala, with the Combined Fleet of Earth and Mars, takes the war to Marco. Filip and Marco's relationship is tested. The war becomes more perilous and personal for Holden and Naomi when the Rocinante is suddenly forced into a battle.

Airdate 2021.12.24

Please keep your discussion to this episode only.  No book talk, thank you!

So from that news feed toward the beginning it seems like more Belters are starting to be disillusioned with Marco and the Free Navy. He was never going to be able to hide how much he really doesn't give a crap about them forever. He's too big a narcissist to keep it under wraps. And I assume Marco's people planted those bombs on Ceres?

Marco is determined to make Filip be the one to take out the Rocinante, and is willing to sacrifice his people to satisfy his petty revenge mission. And any failure is everyone else's fault, of course. What a raging piece of crap he is.

4 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

I didn’t totally loathe Filip this episode.

Yeah, he's still TLS, but he sees right through Marco now and spoke some truth to him. And I think everyone else who heard that knows he's right.

• Love 13

Enjoyed seeing both Anna and Prax again: even if it was through video monitors.  I wonder what other previous players might make another appearance (too bad they made sure Anderson Dawes is off the table.  Any show; including great ones like this; can always get a dose of Jared Harris!)?

Surprise, surprise: Marco "Self-Proclaimed Messiah of the Belters" Inaros not only is more than willing to abandon Ceres and his people at the first sign of trouble, but even puts them at a disadvantage by stripping the station of parts and most of the food, so that the Earthers would have to be the ones to use resources to save them.  Yep, that falls in line with what kind of asshole he is.  He pretty much gave the game away when he flat-out said that Belters who don't fight aren't in the same league as the Free Navy.  Yeah, he doesn't actually care about the Belters as a whole: just the ones that follow him and are willing to die for him.  Again, asshole.  Totally get why Holden didn't go through with blowing him and his ship up, but I so wanted it to happen.  At least it looks like more and more are seeing through his facade: including Filip who finally confronted him in front of everyone (by far the most I ever came to liking Filip.)

I'm guessing he'll also be behind Ceros' explosion too.  I just hope Monica wasn't caught in any of that.

Clarissa and Holden finally have a talk where she's like "Yeah, that was sucky of me for trying to kill you and ruin your life, but if it makes you feel any better, I will always kick myself over my horrible deeds" about it and Holden's like "Please!  This is the Rocinante!  You aren't a true member of the crew unless you've done at least one horrible thing that you will carry with you for the rest of your life!"  Normally I'd say it was too pact, but I actually can believe that Holden is already over it.

I could have spent an entire episode of just Amos and Bobbie bouncing around from kind of insulting and trying to one-up one another, to bonding and respecting each other as well.  Now, that's a power duo right there!

Not much of Drummer this go around, but it looks like she's getting ready to make her stand soon.

The Laconia stuff continues to be crazy.  That weird animal actually healed the dead bird, but then the little girl's brother gets killed!  Coincidence?  Or is something else going on here?

• Love 10
1 hour ago, thuganomics85 said:

I could have spent an entire episode of just Amos and Bobbie bouncing around from kind of insulting and trying to one-up one another, to bonding and respecting each other as well.  Now, that's a power duo right there!

This week's bonus content scene would be right up your alley! (And anyone else who loves any and all Amos and Bobbie interaction.)

1 hour ago, thuganomics85 said:

The Laconia stuff continues to be crazy.  That weird animal actually healed the dead bird, but then the little girl's brother gets killed!  Coincidence?  Or is something else going on here?

I don't know what's going on here, and whether the brother died in reciprocal fashion, or it's leading up to the strange dog fixing him too. In any case, I have to assume this is all leading up to some sort of protomolecule shenanigans.

Edited by redpencil
  • Love 5

As much as I hate to admit it: Marco dumping the responsibility for Ceres and its people on the Inners was a good tactical move. There are few scenarios where that can turn into a long-term win for the Inners. Of course immediately afterwards he shows his true colors again and lets his pettiness fly supreme, endangering ship and crew and when things go wrong he blames TLS. I hand it to Filip (for once he gets his name) that he stood up to Dad and called out the Emperor's new strategy. You could see that the crew was silently siding with him.

I loved Prax showing that there are people in the Belt who realize what's at stake and try to help. I'm sure Chrissy will put those files to good use.

MVP goes to Nadine Nicole who really sold Clarissa's state of mind and feelings of guilt this episode. The show took its time with her redemption arc but it's paying off now.

The Laconia stuff: I wish they would speed it up and get to the point.

• Love 9

Prax! I was really hoping we’d get to see him again and that video was perfect. I wish he had said something like Mei says hi or sent a file of kid artwork for Amos but I love that he’s rebelling in a very Prax way. I hope he pops up again.

Amos and Bobby were definitely my favorite in this episode. Them chatting and jarring off with each other was what I’ve also been waiting for since Bobby stepped on the Roci all those seasons ago. Bobby answering her suit was made of Mars when Amos asked what it was made out of was everything.

Jim stopped the torpedo from exploding right? I really want Drummer to stop Marcos so I was initially surprised they were going to take him out so easily without her. I can’t wait to see what they’re building up to with Drummer.

• Love 3

Prax!  Aw, I loved seeing him, however briefly, and his affection for his friend Amos.

13 minutes ago, SnoGirl said:

Jim stopped the torpedo from exploding right?

Yes he did - Marco tilts the viewer so that Filip can be seen.  Naomi sees him, is obviously upset but doesn't do anything; Jim disarms the missile. It was nice to see Marcos Man-Bun get his ass kicked (courtesy of Bobbie), though of COURSE it is Filip's fault.  I'm glad Filip called him out, though we still have too much of Filip and Marco in general.  Plus we're at the half way point  *sob*

Agree that Marco saddling the Inners with a bad situation on Ceres was a good tactical move though he may lose his son and at least some of his crew over it.  I'm really enjoying Monica's role and hope she, the Belter and his cat didn't get hurt.

We should all look as fabulous as Chrisjen while being in charge; or at any time, really.

Bobbie and Amos were great together - and yes, the bonus scene was really good too.   Amos fights dirty, lol.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

The Laconia stuff continues to be crazy. 

I sometimes wonder why some show runners decide to piecemeal their stories instead of telling at least one complete story in each episode.  When events are happening simultaneously, it makes sense.  And piecemeal can work if you are binging the season in a short period.  But it is a bit much to ask of viewers to mentally re-assemble all the two minute clips at the end of the one-episode-per-week season.  Just my opinion.

8 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Enjoyed seeing both Anna and Prax again: even if it was through video monitors. 

The callback to previous characters does make it feel as if they are preparing to close out the series. 

I do like that things are really moving at a faster pace this season.  Events in past seasons felt padded and stretched out over many episodes.  I had initially expected it would take several episodes for the Rocinante crew to even find the ship that was creating the killer asteroids.  

I really hope that Marcos is not going to be the main focus of this season.  He doesn't deserve to be.  Also, I'm tired of the cliched villain who is always two steps ahead of the 'heroes'.  Hopefully, the Marcos situation will be resolved before the last episode. 

Edited by shrewd.buddha
  • Love 7

I thought this was the best episode of the season so far. Amos and Bobbie were fun. It was nice to see Prax and Anna again. Amos was right: Prax is a good guy. 

Marco stripping Ceres was a good tactical move, going after the Rocinante for petty revenge was not. Of course, he blamed Filip for it. I liked Filip standing up to him. Filip is a piece of shit too, but he does care about the Belters. If he hadn't been raised by a narcissistic asshole, he probably would have had a chance.

• Love 5

I loved the look on Avasarala's face when she was talking to Monica.  Slight smile, being pleasant, then the moment she turned around the smile was off and a bit of an eyeroll came through.

6 hours ago, MissLucas said:

The Laconia stuff: I wish they would speed it up and get to the point.

Alternatively have a "Rocks fall, everyone dies" scene and end it.  When the girl came home to find her brother(?) dead(?) I literally did the "oh no! Anyway" meme.  Given how short this season is, they should have just skipped that shit entirely.

4 hours ago, shrewd.buddha said:

I really hope that Marcos is not going to be the main focus of this season. 

For a second when Bobbie fired that last missile, I thought they were going to take him out quickly like GoT did with the Night King.  Unfortunately, it looks like we're stuck with that pompous asshole until the end.   That last scene implied that the Laconians are supplying them with RSR-G6, like a new kind of ship or a weapon?  I couldn't really tell.  I hate to say it, but introducing a new element at this stage of the game is kind of bad writing.

If we're starting a pool on who finally kills Marco, I'm betting on Filip. 

Edited by mac123x
  • Love 6
16 minutes ago, mac123x said:

Nah, while he's redeemed himself somewhat, one episodes doesn't even come close to offsetting all the other terrible shit he's done, from killing his best friend to murdering the crew on the science ship who spotted the first asteroid that almost hit Earth and god knows what else. He deserves to die the same fiery death as his asshole father. He's old enough to answer for the consequences of his actions. 

• Love 6
38 minutes ago, Msample said:

Nah, while he's redeemed himself somewhat, one episodes doesn't even come close to offsetting all the other terrible shit he's done, from killing his best friend to murdering the crew on the science ship who spotted the first asteroid that almost hit Earth and god knows what else. He deserves to die the same fiery death as his asshole father. He's old enough to answer for the consequences of his actions. 

Oh I agree he deserves to die, though I'd prefer by some ignominious method like an out of control yeast infection.  I think the writers are headed towards Filip having to kill Marco in order to stop Marco from killing Naomi.  Then he'll immediately die, preferably from the aforementioned yeast infection.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, redpencil said:

Marco is determined to make Filip be the one to take out the Rocinante...

Yes, because he would then be able to hold Filip killing his own mother over his head for the remainder of his life.

16 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

That weird animal actually healed the dead bird, but then the little girl's brother gets killed!  Coincidence?  Or is something else going on here?

Maybe dead-brother will be '"cured" same as dead-bird was. Imagine the power of a planet whose fauna can resurrect people!

4 hours ago, mac123x said:

Given how short this season is, they should have just skipped that shit entirely.

Perhaps it is going to be a key component of the climax of the series? Somehow?

4 hours ago, mac123x said:

I'm sort of hoping that Drummer manages to off T2S at the same time. I don't want either of them surviving this!

3 hours ago, mac123x said:

Oh I agree he deserves to die, though I'd prefer by some ignominious method like an out of control yeast infection.

I would settle for some sort of vacuum-toilet malfunction.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Great epiosode! The battle between the Roci and the Pella was very well done. And Holden disableing thre missle becuse of Naomi! 

Nice to see Prax! So much for him and Mei making it through the Rings.

Did someone just sabotage the Ceres waer supply? That makes everything works.

Edited by marinw
  • Love 1

One of the most repulsive things about Marco (there are a lot) is the contempt he has for the people he claims to be liberating. "I told them what they needed to hear when they needed to hear it." Ugh. FU.

On the oppsite end, we see Chrisjen learn from history and instruct her people not to mistreat the people of Ceres, not to replace one opressor with another. An impessive contrast from when we first saw her, tortureing a belter prisoner.

Edited by marinw
  • Love 12
On 12/24/2021 at 7:53 PM, Netfoot said:

I would settle for some sort of vacuum-toilet malfunction.

I would love to see Filip have a Tyrion Lannister moment and sabotage Dad's private toilet, but I doubt TLS has it in him.

I noticed that Amos took the time to mention that the brothels on Ceres are unionized. Amos' concern for the well-being of sex workers goes back to season one. Amos isn't opposed to sex work, he just wants the workers to be fairly treated. Such an interesting aspect of his character.

Doubt Ceres' famous noodle shops are open, though😥

Edited by marinw
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 12/24/2021 at 2:11 AM, thuganomics85 said:

Enjoyed seeing both Anna and Prax again: even if it was through video monitors.  I wonder what other previous players might make another appearance (too bad they made sure Anderson Dawes is off the table.  Any show; including great ones like this; can always get a dose of Jared Harris!)?

Surprise, surprise: Marco "Self-Proclaimed Messiah of the Belters" Inaros not only is more than willing to abandon Ceres and his people at the first sign of trouble, but even puts them at a disadvantage by stripping the station of parts and most of the food, so that the Earthers would have to be the ones to use resources to save them.  Yep, that falls in line with what kind of asshole he is.  He pretty much gave the game away when he flat-out said that Belters who don't fight aren't in the same league as the Free Navy.  Yeah, he doesn't actually care about the Belters as a whole: just the ones that follow him and are willing to die for him.  Again, asshole.  Totally get why Holden didn't go through with blowing him and his ship up, but I so wanted it to happen.  At least it looks like more and more are seeing through his facade: including Filip who finally confronted him in front of everyone (by far the most I ever came to liking Filip.)

I'm guessing he'll also be behind Ceros' explosion too.  I just hope Monica wasn't caught in any of that.

Clarissa and Holden finally have a talk where she's like "Yeah, that was sucky of me for trying to kill you and ruin your life, but if it makes you feel any better, I will always kick myself over my horrible deeds" about it and Holden's like "Please!  This is the Rocinante!  You aren't a true member of the crew unless you've done at least one horrible thing that you will carry with you for the rest of your life!"  Normally I'd say it was too pact, but I actually can believe that Holden is already over it.

Not much of Drummer this go around, but it looks like she's getting ready to make her stand soon.

I agree with you completely regarding Jared Harris.  But I think it is due to lack of availability on his part (he's very much in demand) and probably Covid.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, marinw said:

Great epiosode! The battle between the Roci and the Pella was very well done. And Holden disableing thre missle becuse of Naomi! 

Nice to see Prax! So much for him and Mei making it through the Rings.

Did someone just sabotage the Ceres waer supply? That makes everything works.

I am guessing that Marcos sabotaged Ceres, with something that wouldn't trigger the alarms when the soldiers went through with their checks.  That way he can say Earth and Mars destroyed Ceres.  I believe that's when the reporter's story will be used to completely take away any support the belters have for Marcos.  

• Love 2

On 12/24/2021 at 7:55 AM, redpencil said:

And I assume Marco's people planted those bombs on Ceres?

Probably, but didn't the inners sweep for bombs? That would be extremely careless. Or were those planted afterwards by agents who stayed behind?

On 12/24/2021 at 8:11 AM, thuganomics85 said:

Yeah, he doesn't actually care about the Belters as a whole: just the ones that follow him and are willing to die for him. 

Ah come on, that's not true... he doesn't care about his followers either.

He even only cares about Filip as an extension of himself. Wasn't it last episode where he said "he's part of me"? Typical narcissist.

On 12/24/2021 at 1:28 PM, MissLucas said:

As much as I hate to admit it: Marco dumping the responsibility for Ceres and its people on the Inners was a good tactical move. There are few scenarios where that can turn into a long-term win for the Inners.

Everybody here seems to agree, but I'm not so sure. Word must have gotten around that Marco stripped the station and left them with only three weeks of food and air. That after he had declared it was their new capitol. Even if some of the belter fleet doesn't like the people of Ceres, a lot probably do. Most will probably have family and friends there. That is going to leave a sour taste in a lot of peoples mouths.

I don't think you can really pin it on the inners when people start to asphyxiate there. Three weeks isn't enough time to pin it on the new regime. And if the inners keep everybody there alive, despite of how Marco stripped the station, it's a massive propaganda victory for them.

I think Marco put himself in a lose-lose-situation here. There is no way this is going to help him in the long run. He seems to only ever think half a chess move ahead. The only real victories he could clutch were when nobody knew the war had started and he has been losing ground ever since. The only thing that could still save him is his protomolecule stuff, but man is that betting your life on a single horse.

On 12/24/2021 at 1:28 PM, MissLucas said:

I loved Prax showing that there are people in the Belt who realize what's at stake and try to help. I'm sure Chrissy will put those files to good use.

It was especially illuminating to hear why the botanist who we had heard earlier in the episode, who was branded as a spy, was really killed. Marco didn't want her research getting out, since it could easily feed and produce air for the people on Ceres.

On 12/24/2021 at 4:06 PM, shrewd.buddha said:

I sometimes wonder why some show runners decide to piecemeal their stories instead of telling at least one complete story in each episode.  When events are happening simultaneously, it makes sense.  And piecemeal can work if you are binging the season in a short period.  But it is a bit much to ask of viewers to mentally re-assemble all the two minute clips at the end of the one-episode-per-week season.  Just my opinion.

The problem is that Netflix popularised long form story telling stretched over a season and now everybody wants to do it. While it is a great way to tell storys and a lot of stories couldn't be told otherwise, it just doesn't work if you have to wait a week between episodes. A lot of things will feel unimportant, or in too short segments and sometimes whole episodes will feel boring, when they would have been a great breether to slow down in, in the whole story. So a bunch of problems.

I fear that a lot of potentially great shows will be cancelled way too soon because they just don't work week to week.

On the other hand, I get why companies don't want to dump episodes all at once. It's hard to generate hype that way. My solution to that was always release 5 episodes a week, Sunday to Thursday. So two weeks for your average show to be aired. That way you get the watercooler talk and build continuous hype, but also release the episodes in a timely manner, for the narrative to still be cohesive.

Not sure why no streaming service has tried this yet.

• Love 9
51 minutes ago, Macbeth said:

I agree with you completely regarding Jared Harris.  But I think it is due to lack of availability on his part (he's very much in demand) and probably Covid.  

Yes on the TY AND THAT GUY podcast they said Harris schedule was very hard to work around , they would have loved to get more of him. They can’t afford to hold actors of that stature for more than a season at a time. On the other hand David Straitharn asked to come back for another season since he was enjoying the work so much. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 12/24/2021 at 11:44 AM, Msample said:

He might do the "I'm killing us both" move in some climactic showdown.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Msample said:
3 hours ago, Macbeth said:

Yes on the TY AND THAT GUY podcast they said Harris schedule was very hard to work around , they would have loved to get more of him. They can’t afford to hold actors of that stature for more than a season at a time. On the other hand David Straitharn asked to come back for another season since he was enjoying the work so much. 

I've said it before, I would love to see Thomas Magnum err Dimitri Havelock show up on a quick video feed . . .

• Love 1

Marco probably thought abandoning Ceres would be a win-win. If the UN/MCR governments tried to help, they're going to be using precious resources on a people who don't want their help. If they don't help, they'll be the villains. Plus, he's not sinking his own resources into a group of people who aren't worshiping him.

Pretty sure Marco either had his people rig the explosion before they left, or he had agents he left behind to do it, but it could have also been some of locals. Doubtful on that last one. Marco may want to spin the destruction as something the Inners did to hurt the Belt, but I'm thinking Monica survived and will report on what really happened. If it comes out that Marco abandoned Ceres and left explosives behind, the "average Belter" will turn on him. If it was any "official" news source, Marco could easily label it Fake News put out by the Inners, but I bet Monica will interview Belters, and that's going to be a lot harder to ignore.

Maybe eventually the news about a new food source Prax sent will be added to the mix. Abandoned Ceres, starved it, bombed it, and killed a Belter who found a new way to feed not only the Belters, but the Inners too? Doesn't sound like a man who has the best interest of the Belters at heart.

I'm thinking Philip will in some way give the Inners what they need to destroy Marco and the Free Navy. Whether or not he survives himself remains to be seen. Personally, I would like to see Drummer's rebels and the Rocinante team up against the Free Navy, but I can't decide if I want Drummer or Naomi to have the killshot.

• Love 7
On 12/24/2021 at 3:16 AM, redpencil said:

I don't know what's going on here, and whether the brother died in reciprocal fashion, or it's leading up to the strange dog fixing him too. In any case, I have to assume this is all leading up to some sort of protomolecule shenanigans

I immediately assumed we were being set up for the strange dog to resurrect the boy. While that could be interesting, I'm in the camp with people not really enjoying these little Laconia snippets. For me, it's partly because we don't have time to bond with any of the characters, and partly because I'm finding the Laconia scenes badly acted. (Your son was just brought in dead, and you just sit and pat his hand and sniffle, while other people sort of stand around? That didn't feel real, and neither did any of the scenes with the child actors.) 

The only thing that fascinates me about Laconia are the strange dogs, which I find mesmerizingly disturbing and creepy yet almost cute. 

Once again I found Holden disturbingly thin, but the internet still maintains he did it on purpose for the role. It's certainly effective! I guess it's normal to feel uncomfortable when an actor you like appears to waste away. I'm sure the white makeup and dark circles don't help. I look forward to seeing him way healthier looking in postshow interviews. 

So Naomi was prepared to sit quietly while they blew up her son? I sort of get it, but not entirely. I totally buy Marco wanting Filip to blow up his mother though. He'd shower him with praise and "love" if he did. 

• Love 4

If anyone commented on the last scene where Medina station reports to TBS that one of their ships is approaching Laconia and is about to commence "operational testing," I missed it.  The report also referenced earlier similar missions.  FWIW, that SG6 ship or whatever it was looked somewhat aerodynamic, which implies it can land.  This likely involves some proto-molecule bad-assery.

This part would also explain why they've been parsing the Laconia storyline-- it's only now starting to converge with the main one.  It's also interesting to imagine the interplay of the strange dogs' powers with the powers of the proto-molecule.  The result could be something god-like.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Msample said:

There doesn't seem to be a need for from a plot standpoint. It doesn't have weapons so it can't fight. 

True. Also, Alex was the only one (besids Bobbie) who can fly the thing, and it is where Alex died😪

Edited by marinw
7 hours ago, marinw said:

What happened to rhe Razorback? I could see why the Roci crew would choose to sell it after Alex's death, if that's what they did.

It's probably in Jeff Bezos's garage.  🚀

• LOL 8

Damn it, Holden, you had one job.  ONE JOB!  ARGHHH!

It was great to see Anna and Prax again.  Love Bobbie and Amos together.  Wish the writers had left the Laconia stuff out.  I do not care about the family there.  Do.not.care.

It goes without saying, Avasarala looked fabulous.

WRT Marco's plan being strategically sound, the idea was to keep the Inners spinning plates; diverting ships and other resources to keep the people of Ceres alive, instead of using all they have to chase down Marco.  This would have been smart, except then he blew up part of the station, probably killing hundreds and destroying what little supplies they had.  I suppose his idea is to blame it on the Inners?  Surely Monica's purpose this season is to expose the lies.

If Drummer can find Marco's hidden supply caches it would sure help to feed Ceres.  (Ironic that a station named Ceres can't feed her people.)

When the space fight began I couldn't help but think the Roci really needed Alex as pilot.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 7

Fuck Marco Inaros and the horse he rode in on. Filip was right (yeah, I know): the Pella didn't need to engage the Rocinante; Marco's ego just couldn't pass up a chance to kill James Holden.

Kudos to Bobbie for catching what the Pella and the other ships were doing. Plus I loved her saying "Ah fuck it, we tried!" and then firing.

Speaking of which, the space battles continue to be awesome.

Loved those little glimpses of Anna and Prax. I miss both characters.

I wanted more Drummer and Walker.

• Love 6

Prax! Anna! I loved seeing both of them, I hope that we can get some appearances from other previous cast members too, even if its just cameo's on video screens. They're both being their lovely selves, Anna trying to inspire people to work together and Prax and his team working on ways to feed both the Belters and the Inners. Love that Prax still has so much affection for his old buddy Amos, he really is just a good guy. 

I can see how Marco's plan to strip and ditch Ceras seems to make sense in a coldly pragmatic way, but I think its short term gain but will hurt him in the long term. He is certainly making more problems for the Inners, but his whole power is based on making Belters hate Inners so they can justify the terrible things he does and making himself out to be the Belter Messiah. If Monica blasts out all of those imagines of Earthers and Martians helping staving Belters after Macro left them behind, it could change some peoples minds, which is a real issue for a guy who needs the Belt to like him, both because he needs the support and because he is desperate to feed his massive ego. It wont take long for the Belters, and even his own crew, to realize what a scumbag he is. He's doesent care about anyone but himself.

I love Amos and Bobbie scenes so much, I really could watch a whole episode of them just hanging out. "The booze is good and the brothels are unionized." "I really didnt look at anything else." We also got a nice scene between Holden and Clarissa, where she talks about her regrets and Holden basically tells her that he forgives her and she fits right in when it comes to regrets. I really do buy that Holden really is over what Clarissa did, he can tell that she regrets what she did and he has certainly dealt with much worse people then her. 

The Laconia stuff seems random, but will definitely be important later. If this place can bring living things back from the dead, that is the biggest game changer the rings have brought so far. 

• Love 7

Doing a rewatch. Amos asking Bobbie if she can cook is a nice subtle acknowledgement of Alex having been the Roci's cook. Also notable is how the two choked down gross food because food is too precious not to eat.

• Love 3
On 12/27/2021 at 7:29 PM, MissLucas said:

I admit that I hardly ever get what exactly happens during space battles in this show, luckily some helpful folks on YT normally provide a breakdown:

Holden's piloting skills have improved out of shear neccisity.

• Love 2

The most interesting thing for me this episode, was how Naomi did nothing to protect her son. She really is in a bad place.

I hope Monica is alive, if only because the actress just has to survive at least one show that she appears in. You can do it Anna Hopkins, only 3 episodes left!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Sorry Holden, but saving Filip will probably result is thousands of more deaths. He is not innocent, and your action to spare Naomi some pain has  condemn thousands of other families to grief and loss. Was his life worth that many more? What's more, if the Inner Navy finds them, he is toast anyway.

• Love 4
On 12/24/2021 at 4:28 AM, MissLucas said:

MVP goes to Nadine Nicole who really sold Clarissa's state of mind and feelings of guilt this episode. The show took its time with her redemption arc but it's paying off now.

Last season I didn't particularly feel her redemption arc, but this one scene made it for me. I hated her character so much, and now I don't.

On 12/24/2021 at 3:53 PM, Netfoot said:

Maybe dead-brother will be '"cured" same as dead-bird was. Imagine the power of a planet whose fauna can resurrect people!

That was where I went immediately - if this is protomolecule related, I wonder if the resurrected are somehow connected to each other. (haven't read the books, so I have no idea if this is a thing)

On 12/25/2021 at 8:34 AM, marinw said:

I noticed that Amos took the time to mention that the brothels on Ceres are unionized. Amos' concern for the well-being of sex workers goes back to season one. Amos isn't opposed to sex work, he just wants the workers to be fairly treated. Such an interesting aspect of his character.

Wasn't it implied earlier on that Amos had been a sex worker? There was a comment to Chrissie about wearing grav boots and high heels, and I thought maybe last season it was more heavily implied. Makes sense that he'd care. He always cares about innocents.

On 12/25/2021 at 10:10 AM, Zonk said:

Ah come on, that's not true... he doesn't care about his followers either.

😄 Ain't that the truth.

On 12/28/2021 at 1:02 PM, tennisgurl said:

I can see how Marco's plan to strip and ditch Ceras seems to make sense in a coldly pragmatic way, but I think its short term gain but will hurt him in the long term. He is certainly making more problems for the Inners, but his whole power is based on making Belters hate Inners so they can justify the terrible things he does and making himself out to be the Belter Messiah. If Monica blasts out all of those imagines of Earthers and Martians helping staving Belters after Macro left them behind, it could change some peoples minds, which is a real issue for a guy who needs the Belt to like him, both because he needs the support and because he is desperate to feed his massive ego. It wont take long for the Belters, and even his own crew, to realize what a scumbag he is. He's doesent care about anyone but himself.

Said it much better than I could have. Cold pragmatism for a single battle is one thing - but if it doesn't consider the long term goals as well, it's not a winning long term strategy.

• Love 3
On 12/25/2021 at 2:26 PM, marinw said:

Dumb question: where it what is The Float.

"Put you on the float" was what Marco promised to do to Naomi after the Chetzemoka/Rocinante affair. It means sticking you outside the ship with a space suit, like Diogo in Season 1, Rock Bottom. It's not the same as spacing someone, because you can be rescued by whoever spots your locator, like Diogo was eventually rescued.

• Useful 2

Question: After the missile was fired, could Holden have re-positioned the missile to take out the Epstein Drive rather than destroying the Pella? Or at that range was disabling the missile the only option? Or is a "dud" less suspicous than a missile that changes direction at the last second?

Edited by marinw

I think they are setting up for the movie or movies that they will inevitably have to do if they want to complete the book series. There is do much more to go. No spoilers, but I recognized some of the characters on Laconia. And whatever killed the gate builders is still out there.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1