Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E07: Plenty of Jake to Go Around!

TexasGal
  • Start Topic

As small mistakes from the deck team continue to mount, Heather feels like she is at a dead end with Jessica and decides to make a change. A breast cancer survivor arrives and has very particular tastes to the amusement of Chef Rachel. Rayna and Fraser’s frustrations continue to grow as Captain Lee and Eddie’s working relationship is tested.

Airdate: 12/06/2021

So it seems from last weeks teasers that Heather is being sucked in by Fraser’s complaints about Jessica. Heather mentioned that she will switch Jessica to service. That would have been the right thing to do if Heather wanted to give her a break from the doldrums of the laundry room, but I think she’s just doing it to stick it to her. She probably is setting her up to fail. What a bitch!

• Love 12

I’m really getting angry about Heathers attitude toward Jessica.  While Jessica was cutting up the limes she asks Heather where to find more glasses for the cut fruit.  Heather seems to have a hissy fit about the question and tells her look, look, look, in all the cabinets.  She was standing right there, it seems more efficient to just ask rather than going through everything.  This is being petty and it’s pissing me off!

Edited by Emmeline
  • Love 21

I do see Jess as being disorganized and slow on the job (even in the laundry room doing what she supposedly loves), so there is a problem on both ends. I don't so much see signs of her alleged bad attitude though, it just seems like she's tired and not extroverted or exuberant, which Heather and Fraser should not be taking as a personal insult. Maybe it's just that she's not cut out for the pace and standard of work involved in stew service on a luxury yacht?

In terms of attitude though, all the deck crew were messing up. Wes' defensiveness over being told to work faster felt like it came out of nowhere—he'd previously been the gold standard of high morale. Jake and Rayna need to remember that when they're on the clock with guests around they're supervisor and direct report, not a sort-of-couple bickering over the division of chores. And Eddie apparently needs some blood pressure medication, I thought he was going blow a gasket when they were trying to set the slide up the second time and Wes had the mishap.

• Love 9

I understand the sympathy for Jess, but if you're a self proclaimed loner and introvert perhaps a job in service is not the right job for you. It's like you're signing up to be unhappy. It would be aggravating to be a co-worker with someone like that who is temperamentally unsuited for the job and, therefore, is likely untrainable. Jess is a hard worker and seems like a good person, but when you're an introvert in a job that requires a certain level of extroversion, that's a problem.

Edited by bencr
  • Useful 2
  • Love 12

I agree Heather could obviously be a better manager but seriously..  Jess needs to stop bitching about everything...why are you working on a boat when you are a "loaner"...I'm sprry...she just doesnt seem  that great. I rintcknow the answer...editing sure did seem to elude that the laundry room was a shit show!!

On a good note...I'm LOVING Rachel!!! Curbing her drinking has made her so so much better. She's killing it

• Love 16

Fraser would do well to let his work speak for itself, since he seems to be a very good stew. He doesn't need to build himself up by taking others down. His value would be recognized in due time.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15

IMO Eddie is in no way ready to take the next step in management as “First Officer”.  It is abundantly clear  with each episode.  He went into this wanting to hang out with Captain Lee in the bridge.  His decision making is terrible and it’s clear he has a long way to go before he can manage a team.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

This is a real ship of fools.  I don’t think there is anyone I like and some I really detest, like Heather, she acts so fake ALL the time and she really believes she is the greatest chief stew to ever set sail.  Jessica could probably improve with a better manager but she will never get any encouragement, support or mentoring from her current crew mates .  If I were her I would probably throw in the towel,

• Love 10

Eddie isn’t a good First Officer or manager because he’s an actor and model playing his part in this television show. Eddie just wants the audience to believe he’s taking the career steps to become a luxury yacht Captain.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10

I can see both sides of the Jessica dilemma.  She is introverted and seems reticent to serve the guests, which puts her at a great disadvantage.  I do think she needs to step it up and improve her attitude.  On the other hand, Heather and Fraser seem to be nitpicking her work and wanting her to fail.  It seemed to me that Heather called Fraser to the bar just to gossip about the fact that the guests were preparing their own drinks, due to Jessica's lack of attention.   The chief stew should rise above this kind of pettiness and offer more training when needed, or ask why the guests were left on their own.  

If Jessica loses her job or leaves, I would love to see a really difficult person take her place.  That would really give Heather and Fraser something to talk about.

• Love 19
2 hours ago, bencr said:

I understand the sympathy for Jess, but if you're a self proclaimed loner and introvert perhaps a job in service is not the right job for you. It's like you're signing up to be unhappy. It would be aggravating to be a co-worker with someone like that who is temperamentally unsuited for the job and, therefore, is likely untrainable. Jess is a hard worker and seems like a good person, but when you're an introvert in a job that requires a certain level of extroversion, that's a problem.

Loners don’t deserve to work?

Does service require being unnaturally positive?  Is Heather’s preening and cheerful game face for the guests preferable to the more subdued but polite demeanor from Jessica?

Yeah she probably doesn’t love the job in the way Heather and Fraser did.  Nor does she like them or they like her.

But is this anything new on any of the BD shows?  There’s ALWAYS drama and conflict  among the cast, which Bravo wants since people behaving badly and becoming villains on their shows is good for ratings.

Specifically, when has there not been bullying, cliques ganging up on someone in the BDverse?

It’s happening to Rayna and Wes too.  The supervisors are probably encouraged to look for reasons to “fire” cast members, which is a staple of BD and reality shows in general.  People are voted off the island, sent into elimination, or on BD shows, replaced by backup cast members.

It’ll happen on every future season of every BD show.

The only wrinkle with Jessica is she’s too mopey.  Who knew that was a fire-able offense?

I don’t know why they got pissed by the slide.  It looks like a lot of fun for the guests but a PITA to set up and put away.  So they’re no used to setting that thing up quickly.  If it needed to be put out quickly, why didn’t they have Jake do what Wes apparently didn’t do well?  He has all the experience.  They just had him upstairs operating the pump.

• Love 3

Captain Lee is getting a little long in the tooth for this gig, he can barely walk.  Bizarre he doesn’t use the metric system like the rest of the world, that’s an accident waiting to happen Imo.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, endure said:

Captain Lee is getting a little long in the tooth for this gig, he can barely walk.  Bizarre he doesn’t use the metric system like the rest of the world, that’s an accident waiting to happen Imo.

Sandy always used meters, I never noticed Lee's preference of using feet as a measurement.

Showing the deck crew struggling with the slide has always been a thing, the slide is a beast, everyone knows it.  

Once again the weakest link is complaining the loudest about her boss being horrible, telling everyone in the crew how she is being singled out and worked so hard, etc...everyone hugs her and tells her she is great and her boss is horrible. 

I'd fire her for bringing down moral and for turning everyone against me for no other reason than her sucking at her job. Her attention to detail while cleaning the cabins was sad and Heather was right for calling it to her attention, how else will she learn?

That said, yes if you leave the bar for a minute the guests will jump behind the bar, it makes me wonder why more prep is not being done as in having everything you need behind the bar, if the guests are drinking champagne or requesting espresso martinis why not have coffee, etc...at the bar. 

Constantly asking where more wine or limes are is sad, Heather was right in telling her to open some cabinets and look but if you have been in laundry for the previous charters you just don't know where things are kept but Laundry Girl should show some initiative.

I have noticed there has been a lot of family style service instead of individual plates being served.  Rachel has been so calm I wonder what is going on with her, sure she still has a crude vocabulary, is this the calm before the storm? Will there be some insane blow up just waiting to happen?

Eddie is sucking at his job this season, was he set up for failure by expecting him to wear two hats and wear them perfectly?

I still do not like Rayna, her attitude sucks, "don't tell me to work harder," sadly that is what bosses or supervisors do, sometimes they ride your ass, expect you to pull your weight.

Jake needs to keep his pants on. 

• Like 1
  • Love 8

If Fraser and Heather succeed in their plan to get rid of Jess I hope they send in Laura who tells Heather to check herself and she better get her shit together like she did with Kate.  Heather is a terrible manager. She is letting one of her subordinates pit her against another.  Fraser running to Heather every charter and whining about Jess is not helping the situation. A good manager would realize what he it trying to do and  tell him to cut this out and let her handle Jess.  At this point there is nothing that Jess can do right.  If there is a speck of water on the floor Heather will have a fit and run report this to Fraser. You now what would help? Give Jess a checklist for everything that she needs to when tidying up the cabins at night. Have her check it off and hand it back. Because I have a feeling if Heather tells her to go in and do ABC and Jess does Heather will say well did you do XYand Z?

• Love 11
6 hours ago, aghst said:

Loners don’t deserve to work?

I love how you try to frame this as some sort of civil rights issue.

No, Jess does not "deserve" to work at this job, but neither do Heather, Fraser or, for that matter, Captain Lee. We only "deserve" to work to the extent that we are seen as providing value commensurate with our pay.

Jess may or may not be fired. But you can be sure that neither Heather nor Captain Lee will ever choose her for their crews again.

Edited by bencr
  • Like 1
  • Love 9

Eddie needs to chill out. Him shoving that slide in anger and hitting Rayna could have been really, REALLY bad. She was right by the rail and that couldn't have felt nice. What if it had completely knocked her over the rail or pinned her there? I get his frustration but a good manager would stay calm and not lose his cool. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, bencr said:

I love how you try to frame this as some sort of civil rights issue.

No, Jess does not "deserve" to work at this job, but neither do Heather, Fraser or, for that matter, Captain Lee. We only "deserve" to work to the extent that we are seen as providing value commensurate with our pay.

Jess may or may not be fired. But you can be sure that neither Heather nor Captain Lee will ever choose her for their crews again.

Captain lee and the chief stew do not chooe the crew. Production does. Captain Lee said this several times. He has no say in the hirings of the crew but he does in firing. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I still do not like Rayna, her attitude sucks, "don't tell me to work harder," sadly that is what bosses or supervisors do, sometimes they ride your ass, expect you to pull your weight.

I don't like her much either.  Her arguing with Jake, her boss, about her job would normally get her fired.  But this is a show more than an actual job so she gets away with it as it causes drama which equals good TV.  

Same with Jessica.  Why would you take a job that requires you to work closely with others and it a service driven job?  She has not seemed happy about anything since she started.  And Fraser really made her look bad when he cleaned up and organized the laundry room.  And I don't think he intended to make her look bad.  It was just the by product of cleaning up his now work area.  How did Jessica work in that tiny room all those charters and not at least straighten it up?  I think she is boarder line depressed and needs meds.

• Love 7

I, too, am starting to see what Fraser and Heather see WTR Jessica. She really does seem like a malcontent, and I had no idea the laundry room was that much of a mess until Fraser cleaned it out and organized it. And what was on top of the washer and dryer that was rotting and what the hell was it even doing up there? Good grief. We all know being a stew sucks but you go into it already knowing that. 

I thought the conversation between Wes and Rayna was a real eye opener, especially when Rayna said being black in America, specifically, was rough. I'm so domesticated and America-focused I just really don't think that much about the black experience in the rest of the world, like in the Caribbean where there are just a lot more people of color. It was interesting comparing her experience with Wes's and realizing it's harder being black in America than in a lot of other places. I also thought it was sad when she said she wouldn't have kids just because she didn't want them to go through what she did.

That said, she has no right talking back to Jake when he's giving her directions or criticizing her work. Granted, Jake has made himself look unprofessional to say the least, but he's still her boss and you don't tell your boss "don't start with me" when they're telling you to do something.

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

That said, she has no right talking back to Jake when he's giving her directions or criticizing her work. Granted, Jake has made himself look unprofessional to say the least, but he's still her boss and you don't tell your boss "don't start with me" when they're telling you to do something.

No right?  No freedom of speech?

I wouldn't put up with Mustache Bro's BS either.

At least there's no one I actively despise this season. I think Heather, Eddie, and Jessica aren't cut out for their current jobs (the jury's still out on Rayna; she seemed an okay deckhand until all the drama with Jake started up, and its possible she would be in future if not being supervised by someone she hooked up with), but I don't think I'd regard any of them as a nightmare to work with if I were on the crew, and I'd get along well enough with them personally. So the dysfunction is of a sort that I can watch and enjoy, rather than making me want someone to fall overboard  like Elizabeth or Leon (or Rocky if you throw in a burning oil slick to land in).

Edited by Bruinsfan
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, aghst said:

Yes. The First Amendment prevents the government from restricting speech; private entities can make their own rules. In this case it's not really a matter of rules, though. Mustache Bro is Rayna's boss. He may not be a great one but she still needs to salute the uniform.

• Like 1
  • Love 8
15 minutes ago, Passing Strange said:

Yes. The First Amendment prevents the government from restricting speech; private entities can make their own rules. In this case it's not really a matter of rules, though. Mustache Bro is Rayna's boss. He may not be a great one but she still needs to salute the uniform.

It's a TV show.  Rayna and Jake are both playing roles.

But whatever, it's a short-term job.  There's only so much BS one should endure.  The money isn't worth it, she can find other jobs.

10 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I can see both sides of the Jessica dilemma.  She is introverted and seems reticent to serve the guests, which puts her at a great disadvantage.  I do think she needs to step it up and improve her attitude.  On the other hand, Heather and Fraser seem to be nitpicking her work and wanting her to fail.  It seemed to me that Heather called Fraser to the bar just to gossip about the fact that the guests were preparing their own drinks, due to Jessica's lack of attention.   The chief stew should rise above this kind of pettiness and offer more training when needed, or ask why the guests were left on their own.  

If Jessica loses her job or leaves, I would love to see a really difficult person take her place.  That would really give Heather and Fraser something to talk about.

Shes Not Wrong Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

ETA: I mean dear poster semicharmedlife is not wrong! 

Edited by Rebky
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, endure said:

I was brought up in the States, and while we were taught a little about the metric system (in case you ever went to Europe or wherever), everyday life was non-metric.  If you are not taught it - because it does not apply, then you don't know it. I took Spanish but have rarely used it (especially since I left southern California), so I have forgotten most of it *shrug*

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Rebky said:

I was brought up in the States, and while we were taught a little about the metric system (in case you ever went to Europe or wherever), everyday life was non-metric. 

sure, but typically half of Lee's staff is non-US, so presumably metric is the baseline for them. He shouldn't really expect them to know the US system. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, dleighg said:

sure, but typically half of Lee's staff is non-US, so presumably metric is the baseline for them. He shouldn't really expect them to know the US system. 

Agreed. As an American who grew up learning the metric system simply because my family traveled a lot, I believe he should be adapting to the global standard of measurement in international waters with international staff. It makes him look unprofessional and ignorant tbh to expect people to bend to the imperial system. 

As well, I agree that it could result in risky mistakes. 

Edited by Rambunctiouscurls
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, aghst said:

Freedom of speech does not equal freedom from consequences. An employer has the right to fire you for insubordination or in some states for any reason at all (at will) with the exception of discrimination due to being in a protected class. 

Edited by Rambunctiouscurls
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

Captain Lee is the Captain. Any blame for accidents caused when docking will eventually fall (and remain) squarely in his lap. He is one of the most safety conscious captains I've ever seen. If he's comfortable using a particular distance measurement to gauge his dock approach, then that's what the crew will learn and use. Period.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, Rambunctiouscurls said:

Freedom of speech does not equal freedom from consequences. An employer has the right to fire you for insubordination or in some states for any reason at all (at will) with the exception of discrimination due to being in a protected class. 

The employer in this case is Bravo.

If they have a problem with that argument or Rayna back talking to Jake, they could have chosen not to air the footage.

Instead, they got it, edited it and broadcasted it.

If they object to her behavior, they could have fired her right then and there.  They still could.  No doubt they will have a scene of Lee lecturing her about chain of command or being professional in front of guests.

All for show.

Bravo loves this conflict.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, aghst said:

The employer in this case is Bravo.

If they have a problem with that argument or Rayna back talking to Jake, they could have chosen not to air the footage.

Instead, they got it, edited it and broadcasted it.

If they object to her behavior, they could have fired her right then and there.  They still could.  No doubt they will have a scene of Lee lecturing her about chain of command or being professional in front of guests.

All for show.

Bravo loves this conflict.

Oh for sure. None of it would fly in the real world and honestly makes me super grateful for my workplace. But yeah the plane ticket home is coming for either Rayna or Jessica or both! 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 12/4/2021 at 12:49 AM, aqusdealer said:

So it seems from last weeks teasers that Heather is being sucked in by Fraser’s complaints about Jessica. Heather mentioned that she will switch Jessica to service. That would have been the right thing to do if Heather wanted to give her a break from the doldrums of the laundry room, but I think she’s just doing it to stick it to her. She probably is setting her up to fail. What a bitch!

Jess said last night on WWHL that she absolutely felt that Heather was setting her up to fail (in those exact words, too).

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I hope not simply because I do not want to see Heather get off on throwing her weight around as the chief stew. I find her insufferable. She has no sense of humor and is the one most impressed with herself.  At this point I can't even stand to watch her when she speaks. 

• Love 9
21 minutes ago, Booger666 said:

Jessica using a rag to wipe a bidet and then placing that rag on a countertop where people put their toothbrush and makeup told me all I needed to know about the quality of her work.  

I actually let out a scream when she did that. So gross.

• Like 1
  • Love 8

I didn't care for Heather at all in the early episodes, but after seeing her on WWHL she grew on me. I liked *that* Heather and could see her as a totally competent, professional chief stew.  Fellow castmates also were very complimentary. I think the cameras definitely skew her behavior toward insufferably perky and it's not her natural demeanor so it seems fake.  On WWHL she was calm, deliberate, and very eloquent about standards required in the real world. If she comes back I hope she brings THAT persona.

If I were a guest  on a luxury charter yacht, I think my instructions would be to keep a pitcher of what I drink handy and leave me the hell alone. Check in every 45 minutes or so.  I hate it when waiters constantly ask if I need anything - I can only imagine a week of that! Obviously it doesn't make for great tv, but I'm sure there ARE guests who really just want to bliss out and be left alone to luxuriate in their surrounding aside from specific activities, and I bet the crews LOVE them.

I remember Chrissie Teigen taking a yacht vacation and being anxious about wanting the slide but not wanting to make them put it up. 

There's a certain sort of learned helplessness that irritates in a work situation. When Heather told Jessica to check the cabinets, I assume that it was the 400th thing she could have figured out on her own that she needed to be hand held through. If you've had a work colleague who needs help with every.single.thing when the tiniest amount of initiative would solve half their questions, you get resentful. Opening the cabinet doors in the immediate vicinity is not a high hurdle in initiative. You can open 10 cabinet doors in seconds. Yes, the boss is there, but don't you want to be seen hustling? 

• Love 5

Well, you're right, she has every right. Bad phrasing on my part. However, her employer has every right to fire her for insubordination. And yes, if this were not a Bravo reality show where conflict is the meat and potatoes portion of the meal, she probably would lose her job over speaking to her supervisor like that. If I had an employee who said "don't start with me" while I was trying to correct them or instruct them, well, they'd be written up, for sure.

As a practical matter, Rayna should be aware of how she's coming across on TV. Any prospective employer might see her on this thing and be disinclined to hire her because of her attitude. Yeah, it's a reality show and yeah, they're all just playing roles, but she acts like she doesn't think Jake has any right to tell her what to do or criticize her work, and that's his role. So even within the context of the reality show, she's not doing her job playing her own role. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Booger666 said:

Jessica using a rag to wipe a bidet and then placing that rag on a countertop where people put their toothbrush and makeup told me all I needed to know about the quality of her work.  

2 hours ago, TipseyGirl said:

I actually let out a scream when she did that. So gross.

You think any guests are actually using the bidet.

Or that those bidets have been used much in the life of the yacht?

18 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Well, you're right, she has every right. Bad phrasing on my part. However, her employer has every right to fire her for insubordination. And yes, if this were not a Bravo reality show where conflict is the meat and potatoes portion of the meal, she probably would lose her job over speaking to her supervisor like that. If I had an employee who said "don't start with me" while I was trying to correct them or instruct them, well, they'd be written up, for sure.

As a practical matter, Rayna should be aware of how she's coming across on TV. Any prospective employer might see her on this thing and be disinclined to hire her because of her attitude. Yeah, it's a reality show and yeah, they're all just playing roles, but she acts like she doesn't think Jake has any right to tell her what to do or criticize her work, and that's his role. So even within the context of the reality show, she's not doing her job playing her own role. 

If this were a real job, she might think twice before talking back.

Or maybe she feels Jake has been singling her out and she's had it.

I get Rayna’s frustration. They’d had a terrible morning with everyone from Captain Lee to Eddie loudly proclaiming their frustration with the slide. Rayna tried to figure out what happened and was assaulted by that slide when Eddie shoved it at her. 
Tensions were high and Jake starts complaining about coffee cups? Rayna kept saying only one was hers and I think Jake wanted her to be responsible for all of them .
This fight was over coffee cups! As they say, sh!t rolls downhill and Jake was focusing his slide deployment frustration on Rayna and the coffee cup situation.
Rayna was frustrated too and she was hitting her own limit and she tried to tell him that, however she poorly communicated her limits.
I think Jake had a higher duty to rein in his anger and diffuse the situation because he is the higher rank and responsible for his crew. Later he could address the coffee cup situation, the slide deployment, and rising tensions/anger with the whole crew.

Wes has to be feeling terrible, he failed completely and in full view of the guests.
Rayna’s story of being beaten in the elevator was absolutely horrible. Experiences like that will make all kinds of relationships difficult, personal and professional. I’d guess she never feels safe.
She should follow Wes back to a sailing yacht and enjoy a less stressful yachting experience. And take Jess with them. 
Working crew on a super yacht is for racehorses and these three very nice people don’t have it in them.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, aghst said:

You think any guests are actually using the bidet.

Or that those bidets have been used much in the life of the yacht?

Well, to be honest, I wouldn't know if guests are using the bidet. But neither does Jess. What I DO know is, I would not want someone wiping down something that is used to rinse one's ass and then laying that same rag down on my counter. But maybe that's just me. 

• Love 15

I will say this in Rayna's defense ... when Eddie threw the part of the slide and it hit Rayna, she could have made a big stink about it, but she didn't. She could tell that Eddie didn't throw it at her on purpose and that he was just frustrated. But if Rayna wanted to be a troublemaker, she could have caused a lot of problems.

Edited by bencr
  • Love 4

I didn't watch the last half of "he kissed a boy and liked it" as I'm really tired of drunk crew stuff, but saw that the beginning of this episode completely filled me in on the subject of that title.

I cannot fathom that neither of the guys could remember a BIT of having french kissing intimacy with another human being. That's a lot of drunk.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, kassa said:

I didn't care for Heather at all in the early episodes, but after seeing her on WWHL she grew on me. I liked *that* Heather and could see her as a totally competent, professional chief stew.  Fellow castmates also were very complimentary. I think the cameras definitely skew her behavior toward insufferably perky and it's not her natural demeanor so it seems fake.  On WWHL she was calm, deliberate, and very eloquent about standards required in the real world. If she comes back I hope she brings THAT persona.

If I were a guest  on a luxury charter yacht, I think my instructions would be to keep a pitcher of what I drink handy and leave me the hell alone. Check in every 45 minutes or so.  I hate it when waiters constantly ask if I need anything - I can only imagine a week of that! Obviously it doesn't make for great tv, but I'm sure there ARE guests who really just want to bliss out and be left alone to luxuriate in their surrounding aside from specific activities, and I bet the crews LOVE them.

I remember Chrissie Teigen taking a yacht vacation and being anxious about wanting the slide but not wanting to make them put it up. 

There's a certain sort of learned helplessness that irritates in a work situation. When Heather told Jessica to check the cabinets, I assume that it was the 400th thing she could have figured out on her own that she needed to be hand held through. If you've had a work colleague who needs help with every.single.thing when the tiniest amount of initiative would solve half their questions, you get resentful. Opening the cabinet doors in the immediate vicinity is not a high hurdle in initiative. You can open 10 cabinet doors in seconds. Yes, the boss is there, but don't you want to be seen hustling? 

I have said this to the tv screen so many times over the years, especially when the stews are running around like chickens with no heads, filling up their champagne glasses and what not.  After filling their glasses, put champagne in an ice bucket and bring it to them.  Check on them from time to time to see if more labor intensive drinks are needed.  Some groups tend to drink the same cocktail and the stew could prepare a pitcher, like you stated.  

• Love 5
On 12/7/2021 at 6:30 PM, AnnieBananie said:

Jess said last night on WWHL that she absolutely felt that Heather was setting her up to fail (in those exact words, too).

She also said the reason Fraser got the laundry room straightened up was he got 3 hours to do it. Um, she had 3 CHARTERS to do so. She also blamed the smelly fruit on who knows who put it there  or how long it was there. Again, she was in the room for 3 charters, never found it, and apparently never smelled it. So yeah, I'm not exactly feeling like she was being set up. 

• Love 10
42 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

She also said the reason Fraser got the laundry room straightened up was he got 3 hours to do it. Um, she had 3 CHARTERS to do so. She also blamed the smelly fruit on who knows who put it there  or how long it was there. Again, she was in the room for 3 charters, never found it, and apparently never smelled it. So yeah, I'm not exactly feeling like she was being set up. 

It is usually the person that sucks at their job that feels like they are being treated unfairly, set up for failure, etc...pointing fingers at everyone but themselves, getting her co-workers to hug her and tell her she a good worker, there is one on every season.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I have said this to the tv screen so many times over the years, especially when the stews are running around like chickens with no heads, filling up their champagne glasses and what not.  After filling their glasses, put champagne in an ice bucket and bring it to them.  Check on them from time to time to see if more labor intensive drinks are needed.  Some groups tend to drink the same cocktail and the stew could prepare a pitcher, like you stated.  

I would like to see a season with a well seasoned crew as in us women who are of a certain age, raised our kids while working full time, cooking every meal and all the other things we did and do...the ship would be spotless, well organized and the guests would be waited on like royalty without breaking a sweat and we would not get caught up in all the petty BS that usually happens on board. 

Capt. Lee would not even have a reason to whip out some rusty old saying!

• LOL 2
  • Love 5