Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E08: I’ve Heard Rumors

healthnut
  • Start Topic

Of all the candidates, Lea really needed a makeover, so what do they do?  Part her hair to the other side.  I would have at least expected a few highlights.  Lea, Christina, Rebecca and Amber are four candidates that seriously do nothing for me...they have no pop whatsoever.

What is going on with this show?  When have they ever done a "cliffhanger"?  It took me two rewinds to realize they did not resolve the Alora Rose/Rockettes rumor.  Instead they left it hanging until next week.  Couple that with two really cheesy, melodramatic scenes that weren't necessary and should only have warranted a brief explanation from Kelli, as in 'ladies, we've got the go-ahead to perform on the field this season, and please convey your best wishes on your way out to Lisa, who sadly has to take a year off due to her ongoing injuries'.  Bing, bang, boom...done.  I don't believe Daphne got the chance to address the group, so why should Lisa?  I know I sound heartless, but I have a thing about professionalism, and Lisa should have just called the girls together in the locker room in private and told them.  But no, I'm sure this was all producer related, and they thought it would be a good idea for her to do it on camera.  But to me it looked phony.  Lisa didn't deserve that.

Kelli again piles on the compliments to Pressley before lowering the boom.  STOP DOING THAT.  It's irresponsible.  So is telling every candidate they should try out next year (shockingly, I don't think she did that with Pressley).  

• LOL 3
  • Love 8

I'm so confused, what happened with the Alora Rose storyline? It just cut to commercial and then came back with a preview for next week?!

Also, was it just the CMT player or did anyone notice the audio editing was all over the place. Some lines/dubbing were repeated twice, some lines were cut mid sentence. It was so weird. 

• Love 8

I think that Alora-Rose is supposed to be a cliff hanger to get us to tune in next week.         

The 'makeovers' did nothing for me.     Lea changing the part in her hair didn't improve much, I think she needs another hair style. Pressley's red was a terrible shade on her, and I think the extra attention made her even more self-conscious, and didn't help her performance.  Kaydianna was the only makeover I really loved.   The new wig or whatever it was, really changed her hair to match her cute personality.  Kelee has so much sparkle. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3

Lea is an excellent dancer who knows she does not have the "DCC look." She stated this on camera, which breaks my heart. She asked for Kelli's approval of her new haircut after a practice.

You can't perform at your best when you know the powers that be prefer long-haired blonde plastic bimbos who can dance and "shine." I don't think these women are bimbos, but some in the DCC organization do.

I'm happy for the cheerleaders that they get turf time this year.

More of Melissa Rycroft than, say, last year. Harbinger of things to come?

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, pasdetrois said:

More of Melissa than, say, last year. Harbinger of things to come?

she's  a quick , easy and probably cheap guest host. She still has miles left on the DWTS credential- I am awaiting the day for another DCC to attempt to win it,  which I don't know why it has taken this many years for that to happen. With many in the performing arts  industry trying to make up for lost 2020 revenue, they are busy with their main gig.

Has she done the annual chosen TCC to be filmed at the dance studio to watch and critique routines ?

Edited by sATL
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, WoofDCC said:

I'm so confused, what happened with the Alora Rose storyline? It just cut to commercial and then came back with a preview for next week?!

Also, was it just the CMT player or did anyone notice the audio editing was all over the place. Some lines/dubbing were repeated twice, some lines were cut mid sentence. It was so weird. 

I agree about the editng. When announcing SG leaders they showed Lexie sitting down when she had already been called up. I might have to watch it again but I think that's what I saw. 

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 3

1. These were the least exciting makeovers I’ve seen in watching almost be very season. Why was it so bland?

2. what exactly do they mean when they say someone “fades?” I understand blending but not exactly what “fading”means.  Losing energy maybe? 
edit to add

3. So happy for Gina. I never liked Maddy. I’m still so happy about the quality of the dancers this season. No one like the forgettable  year of Morgan and Breelan and that “Barbie girl” blonde - I don’t remember her name- maybe Kat?

Edited by rose711
Added number 3; had the wrong name
  • Love 7
14 minutes ago, rose711 said:

3. So happy for Gina. I never liked Maddy. I’m still so happy about the quality of the dancers this season. No one like the forgettable  year of Morgan and Brennan and that “Barbie girl” blonde - I don’t remember her name- maybe Kat?

Do you mean Breelan?  Brennan was a few years/seasons after Morgan, Breelan, Kat, Caila and a few others.

13 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Do you mean Breelan?  Brennan was a few years/seasons after Morgan, Breelan, Kat, Caila and a few others.

Thanks for the reply. You are right. I meant Breelan. 

I think all these dancers are better than Brennan also - to be fair- but I don’t remember Brennan having many memory mistakes as much as style problems.

I like how they made Gina point but still gave Lexie GL1. It's a good way to show that TPTB still value Lexie as a cheerleader and teammate. Although, I'm shocked that they supposedly waited until 8 weeks into training camp to announce groups. I feel like the rookies especially need the structure of a group as they're going through training camp. Also, the way Judy cut into Kelli to announce groups was clearly staged, but I thought it was a cute moment. 

Unpopular opinion but I actually loved makeovers. I think we conflate DCC look with being pretty, but I think the makeovers this year showed that it was more about field/dancing presence. For example, Kelee is obviously gorgeous, and her makeover was just to get a new wig that frames her face better. I loved seeing her teammates react to the new makeover, it was so cute to see the bond between TCC/DCC. 

I thought the red on Presley complemented her skin tone better and I think the wave in Lea's hair frames her face well. It drives me crazy that they mentioned 9 TCC got makeovers but only showed 8. 

It broke my heart when Presley said it was her first office visit. Even if they're getting consistent feedback at every practice, the TCC clearly understand that office visits mean the problems are more serious than on the field critiques. Of the remaining TCC, the only one that we've seen have an office visit is Ava, right? 

Also, I think it's interesting that they highlighted Madeleine's and Amber's mistakes this episode. Both have seemed very strong throughout TC, so this could indicate two TCC whose performance drops off at the very end. Similar vibes to S14 Shaina. Also interesting that they showed Jensen in next week's preview, they've said nothing but good things about her so far.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
27 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Lea may have a different type look but she definitely has the technique and is a very strong as a dancer.

Exactly , I don’t get the hate and I adore her ! I think she’s an unique beauty and her eyes sparkle . I will fight somebody who comes for Lea lol 😝 I’m loving this seasons rookies , last seasons I don’t feel like I connected with any of them . Maybe Jada is my favorite since she has a sparkle and shine about her smile and she’s tall like me . But anyway , team Lea all in over here lol 

• Love 22

I'm a little confused about makeovers... I thought all the TCC get makeovers? Now they pick and choose who gets one? Has it always been this way?

Also, Kellee's makeover was WOW!!! She's such a beauty!!! KayDianna too! Love her natural curls 

• Love 13

Lea’s hair being parted on the side did wonders for her. Not everyone looks good with a center part. They also added layers and highlights that brought out her stunning eyes. 

KayDianna’s natural hair is absolutely gorgeous. 

Other than that, I was very underwhelmed by the other makeovers and yes, that includes Kellee's. I’m glad to see her pretty face but that part line looked orange, which was all I could see. 

And I couldn’t understand why no one took the rest of the rookies to get made over. Kleine’s inch long dark roots were screaming to be touched up in that close up they did on the top of her head. 

• Love 10
44 minutes ago, dbell1 said:

Lea was singled out by Travis Wall for her dancing. That shows her technique. She may not look like the Botox bleach purchased boobs Barbie Box cheerleader, but she’s grown on me. Cutting someone as good as her would be a mistake. I like her pop, her power and her different look.

I just don’t see it with her. If Travis noticed her in his piece, I’m sure she’s technically trained and great at contemporary, but she’s never been one I enjoy watching when they’re doing their signature dance or other DCC style routines. For me, she just doesn’t have that “it” factor that makes her fun to watch in the more high-energy, power pom style routines.

Edited by blairwaldorf
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, blairwaldorf said:

Christina, Amber, Presley, and Lea should have been easy cuts. They don’t have the dance technique or power to keep up with the squad and they don’t have the looks to compensate for being the weakest dancers.

It's sad that Lea had to say she doesn't have the DCC look on-screen. There's a reason she's there though, and it's her powerful dancing. I'm glad she's getting more screen time.

Edited by DCC93
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, dbell1 said:

Lea was singled out by Travis Wall for her dancing. That shows her technique. She may not look like the Botox bleach purchased boobs Barbie Box cheerleader, but she’s grown on me. Cutting someone as good as her would be a mistake. I like her pop, her power and her different look.

I notice her more because she pops on camera to me with her dancing. The squad is meant to have a look for everyone and she's the cute, sporty girl. From what I've seen, she has some of the best controlled power of any rookie this year and has great memory. Kleine is one who has messy power to me. 

• Love 15
2 hours ago, GoodyMar10 said:

I'm a little confused about makeovers... I thought all the TCC get makeovers? Now they pick and choose who gets one? Has it always been this way?

Also, Kellee's makeover was WOW!!! She's such a beauty!!! KayDianna too! Love her natural curls 

I was wondering the same thing... don't tell me all of a sudden the Cowboys are trying to save their coins on makeovers.

Who were the ones who were omitted ?

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

It seemed weird that if you are only going to do a few makeovers, one of them involves changing makeup only. ho hum. 

I give positive points for the use of an INXS song in this episode. #INXSforever.

I felt if they were going to do a sob goodbye, they would show us a few shots of her dancing in past seasons. I can't remember who half these people are. I only watch this show--I don't follow people on instagram or anywhere else.

Despite generally not knowing who anyone is, I have always remembered Gina. I think it was because they tried to stick her with a mean girl edit her first season which seemed based on nothing--so I started rooting for her and actually remember who she is. I was happy for her to get point. 

A cliffhanger on "are you trying out to be a rockette" is so silly. We're all on pins and needles. Not really.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, blairwaldorf said:

I just don’t see it with her. If Travis noticed her in his piece, I’m sure she’s technically trained and great at contemporary, but she’s never been one I enjoy watching when they’re doing their signature dance or other DCC style routines. For me, she just doesn’t have that “it” factor that makes her fun to watch in the more high-energy, power pom style routines.

Lea looks very strong in the DCC style that I've seen.

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 15

Lea was also placed up front and singled in out in the three day training by Denise Dicharry.  As was Ava.

I'm looking behind the edit at Madeline S. and I'm still not seeing power here. She looks soft to me still but honestly I can't really judge since you only see 10 seconds total in any one episode. 

According to the gray stickers from show group auditions, Presley had every vote against her including gray stickers from Kellie and Judy. Ashley must have all of them too. The rest were completely divided and many weren't shown - so we really have no idea who is on the chopping block.

Megan was originally cut by MRS (Melissa) - but rescinded in this episode. Megan was also cut by MJ and SD.

Christina was cut by MRS only

Kelee was cut by MRS - but rescinded. Kelee was also cut by MJ.

Ava was cut by MRS - but rescinded. She was also cut by SD.

We have no idea who else Kitty or Jacie cut. We are missing 3 girls each for them.  Same with Kellie and Judy - no idea.  And we are missing some of MJ's and SDs cuts too.

Guess next week we find out.

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Love 3

I’m a fan of Madeline S. because she’s a legacy, she’s beautiful, and I think she’s a good enough dancer to be on the team. The best? No. But good enough that given the other factors in her favor, I wouldn’t cut her to make room for any of the others who are currently not top 36.

I wish they would have focused more on her this season, though. I would have liked to see more of her dancing and her comeback journey. I get the impression that Kelli doesn’t care for her for some reason. 

I do think that overall they’ve done a better job of letting us get to know the rookie class this year than last. I felt like last year’s rookie class was so forgettable and I’m not sure why… maybe it was the editing or the weird format of TCC, but I felt like we barely even got to know them well enough to remember their names, much less root for them.

Edited by blairwaldorf
Typo
  • Love 7
45 minutes ago, blairwaldorf said:

I’m a fan of Madeline S. because she’s a legacy, she’s beautiful, and I think she’s a good enough dancer to be on the team. The best? No. But good enough that given the other factors in her favor, I wouldn’t cut her to make room for any of the others who are currently not top 36.

I wish they would have focused more on her this season, though. I would have liked to see more of her dancing and her comeback journey. I get the impression that Kelli doesn’t care for her for some reason. 

I feel like Kelli didn't care for Madeline the first time she was in TC. Maybe she and Shannon ( Madeline's Mom) didn't get along. Kelli was too busy kissing Victoria's butt.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, blairwaldorf said:

Agree, agree, agree.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, blairwaldorf said:

1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

I feel like Kelli didn't care for Madeline the first time she was in TC. Maybe she and Shannon ( Madeline's Mom) didn't get along. Kelli was too busy kissing Victoria's butt.

I would liked to have seen more of Madeline S. myself to get a sense of her journey through this Training Camp and how she's handling it compared to the last time she was in Training Camp.  I really like her.  I like her dancing, I like what personality I've seen, and I like her overall look.  She hasn't done anything badly enough to be cut and done more then enough right to stay.  Too bad she doesn't get any screen time.

I also agree that Kelli didn't like her the first time around, but felt that it was more because Kelli thought she was too much of a direct threat to Victoria in terms of looks and dancing.  They were too similar in terms of their dancing and their looks and the fact that both were legacies . . . well, we saw what happened then and I doubt Madeline would have even made Training Camp if Victoria had returned this season.  I have other ideas, but won't talk about them here so as not to derail the topic TOO much.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

I notice her more because she pops on camera to me with her dancing.

Honestly, I don't know how anyone could have noticed Lea before last night.  If you take away random shots of her dancing throughout this season, I don't think she's been on camera more than 10 seconds total.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, blairwaldorf said:

I do think that overall they’ve done a better job of letting us get to know the rookie class this year than last. I felt like last year’s rookie class was so forgettable and I’m not sure why… maybe it was the editing or the weird format of TCC, but I felt like we barely even got to know them well enough to remember their names, much less root for them.

I completely agree.  I barely remember who made the team last year.

I love Kelee’s new look! She looked much more confident after her makeover. It’s almost like she was hiding behind all that hair before.

A couple seasons ago, they would edit together three rookies dancing side by side so you could really compare their technique. I wish they would go back to that. The camera seems to jump around a lot this season and you never see more than a few counts of each dancer. 

• Love 8
11 hours ago, dbell1 said:

I was hoping for more with her makeover, and they really did not do it.  Kaydianna and Kelee had successful transformations IMO.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Mardo2044 said:

I was hoping for more with her makeover, and they really did not do it.  Kaydianna and Kelee had successful transformations IMO.

I don't have anything against Lea's look but her look didn't seem to change that much after the makeover.

If she didn't have the "DCC look" before makeovers (which I disagree) she still doesn't have it afterwards either.

• Love 6

You can pretend that it's not about looks or it shouldn't be about looks and just based on pure dance ability, but you take two rookie candidates like Lea and Rebecca, who are top tier dancers compared to the others, and put them next to Klein and they fade into the woodwork.  Klein has that over-the-top personality that pops in front of an audience.  At this point, IMO, Lea and Rebecca do not.  

That's why I was so expecting a dramatic change for Lea once she had her makeover, and was severely disappointed.  Why not put a purple streak in her hair or something to make her stand out.  Or forget the hair and accentuate the makeup.  They did neither.  This is the first time I've not been impressed with the makeovers (except KayDianna and Kelee).  In past years, every makeover was a homerun.  It was so much fun to see the before and after.  Pressley's hair color was OK, but she's still washed out.  Ava also needs more dramatic eye makeup.  Christina needs to tone down the pancake foundation she's using.  

It's like they spent all their budget on the hair extensions they gave Kelee and didn't have enough money for anyone else. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

I honestly don’t think Lea looked any better after her makeover. However, I think she’s a great dancer and deserves to be on the team. She’s not bad-looking. She’s just not very glam, which is fine, IMO.

Kaydianna looked much better. Kelee did as well. I thought Presley’s makeover was fine, but nothing special. I’m not sure why they brought Ava in if there were a limited amount of spots for makeovers. Having a vet sit down with her about makeup seems like that could’ve fixed her issue.

The Alora Rose cliffhanger was so stupid, especially since they had it in the preview and title for this episode….

I thought that the call with Yuko and Klein seemed strange. Other than giving Natalie some screen time, what was the point of that? 

The team seems a bit low on vets. In the past, it seems like there usually have been some second years in the back line with rookies in groups. It looked like all second years were in the front rows. 

• Love 8
13 hours ago, Route66 said:

DAE find it weird that they never mentioned Toby the Stylist was a DCC for years?

When I heard her name I kept wondering if it was her but it was hard to tell with the mask. You'd think they would've said something about it!

• Love 7

Regarding the makeovers why Madeline S. didn't get a makeover is beyond me. Her canary yellow hair reminds me of DCC Loren. I"m not saying they should make Madeline a brunette but tone down the yellow it's so awful. Also, I would cut some off I feel like it elongates her face. How old is she? The "Ms Kelli, Ms. Judy" bugs me and I know you will say its a southern thing but to me I find it very childish. 

Why didn't cut Ava's hair it has no style it just hangs.

Lea is just adorable in an every girl kind of way. I think she's just what this team needs. A natural cutie. I hope she doesn't go by the way of some of the vets and come back with fillers/botox and boobies!

MRS needs to STOP with her rework. I noticed her hair is now much darker. To me her hair looks like an old mans blue black dyed hair and that's not a good thing... 

When they did the signature dance for the first time, if that really was the first time they did it as a group (I don't believe 90% of what is shown it's a tv show) they really did a great job! 

• Love 11

I've said it before and I'll say it again.... compared to some of the unique beauties DCC had (*cough* Ally Traylor *cough* Trish Trevino *cough* Brooke Sorenson *cough* Brooke Sorenson's friend who's name escapes me but was on weight warning the ENTIRE time in training camp) Lea is beauty.  I love her!  She looks like a fairy 🧚‍♂️ 

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
31 minutes ago, SMP637 said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again.... compared to some of the unique beauties DCC had (*cough* Ally Traylor *cough* Trish Trevino *cough* Brooke Sorenson *cough* Brooke Sorenson's friend who's name escapes me but was on weight warning the ENTIRE time in training camp) Lea is beauty.  I love her!  She looks like a fairy 🧚‍♂️ 

Stephanie Heyman. She's always been on top of my list of girls who never should have made it. Literally the night before the squad photo she was told she was too heavy to put on the field. The favoritism with that one was as bad as Victoria.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Route66 said:

Stephanie Heyman. She's always been on top of my list of girls who never should have made it. Literally the night before the squad photo she was told she was too heavy to put on the field. The favoritism with that one was as bad as Victoria.

Yeah, I always wondered why they put Stephanie on the team, they didn't seem like they really wanted to.  And as far as I know, she didn't even audition the next year, so I'm guessing she either saw the writing on the wall (or they told her) that since her BFF was retiring, she really had no chance of making it back.

• Love 3
On 11/6/2021 at 10:05 PM, Route66 said:

DAE find it weird that they never mentioned Toby the Stylist was a DCC for years?

Tobie Percival. I think the reason they didn’t mention it is she was one of the girls whose cloud was hacked. Same reason Holly Hubb wasn’t asked to be an All Star and for a similar reason why Heather O. didn’t make group leader or something like that.

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Route66 said:

5 hours ago, aeroluv327 said:

Yeah, I always wondered why they put Stephanie on the team, they didn't seem like they really wanted to.  And as far as I know, she didn't even audition the next year, so I'm guessing she either saw the writing on the wall (or they told her) that since her BFF was retiring, she really had no chance of making it back.

<LOUD COUGH> HI BROOKE SORESON <WAVES>. Tho Mind you, you hardly see Stephanie on Brooke's ig or anything and they've known each other since second grade? (btw I'm english and the "class grades" thing are called differently here so can someone enlighten me on the age bracket of second grade in US please)

3 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Tobie Percival. I think the reason they didn’t mention it is she was one of the girls whose cloud was hacked. Same reason Holly Hubb wasn’t asked to be an All Star and for a similar reason why Heather O. didn’t make group leader.

Wait wait wait wait WAIT. Back it up a sec. Tobie's  cloud got hacked? Dish the dirty cos I never heard this (was it ever talked about on this board at all?) Did it happen her rookie year?  OR what year of her tenure did it happen? 

Can someone give me a list of who is "supposedly" to be still in training camp at this week's episode? Eg start of week 8 and then the "shown" cut. 

Also who was "allegedly" supposed to have "left" by now that has not been mentioned/shown eg what week was Amanda "shown the door/cut/left" Was Daphne still in TCC or did she leave in the last 2 weeks? I guess Alora Rose didn't make it "back onto" the rockettes judging by her instagram posts and no announcements of her schedule on Rockettes

I am still fuming they ONLY took 9 people to get a makeover "claiming" that most of the girls already come "ready" with the DCC look. SO F-ING WHAT KELLI. That didn't stop you the previous years when some of the girls come with the DCC look and you still give them a makeover regardless. 

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Uk-Eve said:

Wait wait wait wait WAIT. Back it up a sec. Tobie's  cloud got hacked? Dish the dirty cos I never heard this (was it ever talked about on this board at all?) Did it happen her rookie year?  OR what year of her tenure did it happen? 

Ya - we’re not supposed to talk about it in detail on here because it was a cyber crime. It was several years after she retired 😳 Holly Hubbard was hacked at the same time. I can’t remember the exact details of Heather O’s situation.

• Love 3

Yes I was amazed how good girls looked when they did Thunderstruck as a group for the first time but I believe it was one of the routines they were sent ahead of time to memorize.  It seemed like I heard it was 5 songs they were sent.  I think this is the way to go with rehearsals then shorter or devoted to other aspects like deportment!

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Uk-Eve said:

I am still fuming they ONLY took 9 people to get a makeover "claiming" that most of the girls already come "ready" with the DCC look. SO F-ING WHAT KELLI. That didn't stop you the previous years when some of the girls come with the DCC look and you still give them a makeover regardless. 

I totally agree.  What a crappy thing to do.  Makeovers are a very nice perk for the rookie candidates who get to a certain point in Training Camp.  They get the makeovers and the veterans get to go to the Bahamas (or at least they used to).  Now they can't even look forward to that.

• Love 6
16 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Tobie Percival. I think the reason they didn’t mention it is she was one of the girls whose cloud was hacked. Same reason Holly Hubb wasn’t asked to be an All Star and for a similar reason why Heather O. didn’t make group leader or something like that.

Does anyone even remember that except some of us? To anyone else it was just some random cheerleaders along with real celebs.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

15 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Ya - we’re not supposed to talk about it in detail on here because it was a cyber crime. It was several years after she retired 😳 Holly Hubbard was hacked at the same time. I can’t remember the exact details of Heather O’s situation.

I am confused. Are you saying because they were victims of hacking they didn't get promotions like All Star or Group Leader? Or did they not want to do it because of the hacking and prefered to stay more anonymous?