Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 11/1/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

Monday, Nov. 1 – Huma Abedin (author, “Both/And”); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, Nov. 2 – Sportscaster Michele Tafoya (“Sunday Night Football”) guest co-hosts; Andy Cohen (author, “Glitter Every Day”)

Wednesday, Nov. 3 – Sportscaster Michele Tafoya (“Sunday Night Football”) guest co-hosts; Tamron Hall (host, “Tamron Hall”; author, “As the Wicked Watch”); Carla Hall (author, “Carla and the Christmas Cornbread”)

Thursday, Nov. 4 – Michael Eric Dyson (author, “Entertaining Race”); Padma Lakshmi (host, “Taste the Nation”)

Friday, Nov. 5 – A former co-host returns to the table for Flashback Friday

• Love 1

Looking forward to Abedin and Lakshmi. I still wish Padma had been cast on this show back when she was trying out several years ago. It'll be nice to see her on again since so many people have come and gone since then.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
2 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Looking forward to Abedin and Lakshmi. I still wish Padma had been cast on this show back when she was trying out several years ago. It'll be nice to see her on again since so many people have come and gone since then.

Nothing against Padma at all, but I really wish someone without a lot of wealth were on the show. Someone who could get regular people better. 

• Love 3

Michele is a libertarian conservative if anyone wondered why they were testing her....so if anything related to the vaccine gets brought up she will probably get heated

2 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

that whole contributor thing was weird. if I recall correctly Padma pretty much disappeared mid season and Stacey London just ended up being the view your deal hawker lol

Tameron Hall being on is interesting considering what's rumored to be going on behind the scenes at her show and who the executive producer that quit is.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Bummer!!!  They're repeating the Season Opener.  Why?????  (I was SO looking forward to Huma, but I saw an interview with her on CBS yesterday & Today this morning, so I think I've "got the drift".)

That’s strange, they’re showing Huma’s interview in this market. 

• Love 2

Am I the only one who thought Whoopi’s opening statements how it’s just so nice there with her co- panelist was a direct response to the crap written by the former panelist?  That it is quite different than what you hear”  out there “ (side eye to the audience out there.} 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

Am I the only one who thought Whoopi’s opening statements how it’s just so nice there with her co- panelist was a direct response to the crap written by the former panelist?  That it is quite different than what you hear”  out there “ (side eye to the audience out there.} 

That could be targeted at a few people. Abby Huntsman recently said the same about the workplace culture at the View.

https://deadline.com/2021/10/abby-huntsman-the-view-real-reason-she-left-the-view-toxic-workplace-new-podcast-1234864015/

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, mtlchick said:

That could be targeted at a few people. Abby Huntsman recently said the same about the workplace culture at the View.

Someone posted a compilation video of Meghan's antics on The View. It was a long one but right at the beginning, there is a clip of Meghan talking and Abby chimes in to agree with her and Meghan snaps at her saying she gets to talk last. Those few seconds tell me everything I need to know about the toxicity Abby is referring to. Abby admits she used working on her dad's campaign as an out at The View. Abby is a people pleaser and doesn't want to make waves. Abby doesn't want confrontation with Meg and by announcing this at this time, she is telling her "truth" but spinning it in a way that makes it seem like she supports Meghan. I firmly believe Abby left because of Meghan. She refers to the producers or whatever as rewarding bad behavior. Whose bad behavior was being rewarded? Meghans. I didn't see anybody else behaving badly. I rest my case.

• Love 22
10 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Someone posted a compilation video of Meghan's antics on The View. It was a long one but right at the beginning, there is a clip of Meghan talking and Abby chimes in to agree with her and Meghan snaps at her saying she gets to talk last. Those few seconds tell me everything I need to know about the toxicity Abby is referring to. Abby admits she used working on her dad's campaign as an out at The View. Abby is a people pleaser and doesn't want to make waves. Abby doesn't want confrontation with Meg and by announcing this at this time, she is telling her "truth" but spinning it in a way that makes it seem like she supports Meghan. I firmly believe Abby left because of Meghan. She refers to the producers or whatever as rewarding bad behavior. Whose bad behavior was being rewarded? Meghans. I didn't see anybody else behaving badly. I rest my case.

Abby is more likely to still be in Meghan's orbit than anyone else's at the View.   So yeah she is trying to keep the peace with Meghan.  I swear it must be like walking on eggshells around Meghan. Don't want to upset her lest the toddler throw a tantrum.

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

Abby is more likely to still be in Meghan's orbit than anyone else's at the View.   So yeah she is trying to keep the peace with Meghan.  I swear it must be like walking on eggshells around Meghan. Don't want to upset her lest the toddler throw a tantrum.

I went searching because I couldn't remember the details-Meghan is the woman who is having infertility isssuess and thinks everyone should stop talking about their children for that reason-even if they just had twins. You are right-Abby still has to deal with her. She doesn't have to see the others at the show, but she has to maintain that facade with her. It is funny to me that Meghan insinuates that Seth Myers caused her to miscarry and speculates if it was the stress of doing the show that caused it...but she never mentions all the drinking and smoking she has done for years as contributing to her fertility issues or miscarriage. Didn't she also mention a diet heavy on the Chik-fil-A? (Cause she is an LGBTQ advocate, y'all.) Meghan's all "Fuck cancer". Well, The View did a surgery and the show is on the mend.

Also-any criticism Megs recieves in the media, she deflects by claining it is sexist. No, girl-you an asshole.

https://www.businessinsider.com/why-abby-huntsman-leaving-the-view-meghan-mccain-slams-sexist-report-2020-1

Edited by GiveMeSpace
add link and to call Meg an asshole
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14

I didn’t get sunnys comment on solar panels?  Who was stopping her…she said because of lobbyists?  No issue getting solar energy where I live.  So I wondered if maybe she means her neighborhood won’t allow it because of how they look?  I was confused..maybe I missed something there.

1 hour ago, Rainyhawk said:

I didn’t get sunnys comment on solar panels?  Who was stopping her…she said because of lobbyists?  No issue getting solar energy where I live.  So I wondered if maybe she means her neighborhood won’t allow it because of how they look?  I was confused..maybe I missed something there.

She may have been referring to utility company lobbyists.

• Love 3
55 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

She may have been referring to utility company lobbyists.

That was a little strange. More information would have been helpful to understand what the problem is.

I don't know that there's that much resistance to using solar power. For example, our local power company has a "community" solar project where members contribute to the development of a larger solar array to provide additional power through the company. It makes it easier to use solar power in an area where consistent sunshine isn't always available.

Individual solar panels can be expensive to set up and not everyone's home is in a location that is conducive to using solar power. 

38 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I thought she meant her HOA wouldn’t allow them. 

That makes sense. HOAs can be really difficult to work with. I can imagine that they wouldn't want anything on someone's roof.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Good interview with Huma Avedon.  And I couldn't help but be glad that this interview happened AFTER Meghan left. What a terrible interview that would have been.

Huma and John were friends actually. He famously defended her from Michelle Bachmans and others conspiracies about being in the muslim brotherhood etc. and she tweeted for the first time in 2 years when he passed.

1 hour ago, geekburger said:

That Whoopi comment was definitely them addressing all the MM comments. Probably Abby too.

Ana even retweeted the clip.

In the interview with Michelle Collins, Debbie also said the view was now infamously catty which she said is not what Barbara wanted. and Michelle agreed. So possibly @ them too. 

Edited by Buckeye71034
  • Useful 1
8 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

8 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

Oh, snap, Whoopi! Of course her opening was a rebuke against SWWNBN.  Whoopi speaks the truth, the audience seems happy and the panel does, as well.  My take, forget the 5 panelist, and just keep Ana

, on Thursdays and Fridays, or more, if another panelist is off.  Ana, is great, she is smart, with a wicked sense of humor, and not afraid to make fun of herself.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Did she actually use the word lobbyist?

I think she did use the word lobbyists, which seemed odd to me.  She probably lives in an elite community that has rules about what the fronts of the houses look like, and any variances are nixxed or need approval of the neighbourhood, which is lobbying against it.  If she wanted solar panels, she should have bought a house with the back roof facing South.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 3

Without getting too far off topic, Sunny may have been referring to this. Lobbyists for the fossil fuel and natural gas industries -- both of which would be adversely affected by waves of people going over to solar power (especially those who sell excess power back to the grid) -- have been pushing hard on state legislators to slow down solar power use. Some of the things they do is get legislators to reverse incentives to go solar, and to lower the prices at which utilities buy back solar power to put it back into the grid.

On topic -- due to Biden's speech, I missed Whoopi talking about congeniality with colleagues, and I would have loved to have heard her sip that tea!

Edited by Gravity Check
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
48 minutes ago, Gravity Check said:

due to Biden's speech, I missed Whoopi talking about congeniality with colleagues, and I would have loved to have heard her sip that tea!

On the East Coast, when they did come back live, there was a banner that said to catch what you missed, go to abc.com after 5pm EST and one could watch what we missed.  I went there at 6pm and it wasn't up.  I just checked and it's there now but it's on a pay window.  THANKS, ABC!  (Why did I think that they were going to make a special exception for the first 10 minutes since they're the ones who interrupted it?😡)

2 hours ago, HerkyJerky said:

On the East Coast, when they did come back live, there was a banner that said to catch what you missed, go to abc.com after 5pm EST and one could watch what we missed.  I went there at 6pm and it wasn't up.  I just checked and it's there now but it's on a pay window.  THANKS, ABC!  (Why did I think that they were going to make a special exception for the first 10 minutes since they're the ones who interrupted it?😡)

For those who have Hulu it is uploaded there and I'm sure it is on youtube as well.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

I agree 100% on all of this!  And it just reaffirms what I always thought about Abbey.  She was a very sweet girl. But she has no backbone.  Now would be a good time to come clean about what a bully MM is/was

• Love 2