Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E10: Stop The Excuses

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I believe she was on the housekeeping staff at the resort.     I can't see Jenny in any job requiring any great skill, since she has the attention span of a gnat.   

Which may explain why she won’t keep house in retirement.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I am sure I would have hit the floor if one those two tried to nose floss me. 

The funniest part of that was at the end, when the parents  were finished and Mama advances on Jenny and says, It's your turn.

Jenny:  No

Mama:  Do it

No.

Do it.

No.

Do it.

No.

Do it.

• LOL 11
1 hour ago, Dobian said:

Only been to four ever.  One - Candlestick - no longer exists.

Pro tip:  We went to an evening Cardinals game in St Louis.  It was louder than an NFL game.  And Yankee fans gave me PTSD.

21 hours ago, Pattycake2 said:

I can only think that Ari and Bini are angling for a shot at another show. Either that or Ari is a bigger bitch than I thought.

I think your second hunch is on the money, friend.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Steven reading that letter: “Alina, you have so much light inside of you. Let me fucking destroy it.” He thinks he’s a real charmer giving Alina a Book of Mormon. Does he think he’s still on his mission or something? I had an ex who called all these girls he talked to his “friends” meanwhile he had a book full of names of people he fucked and they were all in there.

Listening to Steven sing his “proposal” song was so cringe worthy. My friend and I couldn’t even look at the TV. He has that pubescent voice that scratches and changes keys, and the singing made it so much worse! Why oh why did she say yes!?!? He is so creepy. She needs to dump that fucking trash bag.

(BTW, when Alina and Steven were on the boat, I was waiting for the Silva twins to sail by in the background, with skirts hiked up high. It was the only thing that stopped me from fast forwarding through the cringe fest.)

Ellie realizing that "vacation" Victor isn't the same as "living with" Victor. He just lost about 99% of his belongings and she's worried about dishes. Of course he's going to be snappy! She was pissing me off just watching. Like, this man’s whole island just got destroyed and she’s making it all about her. She is repeatedly slowing down his necessary, priority work (so that they can sleep that night!) by interrupting him with random questions about shit that does not matter.

Dirty clothes? Dishes in the sink? I think that can wait a day or two, Ellie. The entire house is in shambles. Let's get the tent set up, maybe?? I would snap at her, too, and I didn't just lose my whole home and community. Why are some people completely incapable of prioritizing?!

Sumit's parents want that spinoff money BADLY! The nose flossing scene had me laughing until tears came out of eyes and my abs hurt. That's exactly what I got into 90 day fiance for. Ridiculous and absurd verbal and situational irony. Sumit's dad assuring Jenny that the Neti procedures did not hurt while Sumit's mom was gagging and retching on camera was hilarious. Then the camera switched to Jenny's bewildered face. Give the editors a raise! I haven't laughed this hard at the show since Natalie's friend told Mike, "You have your job and your (long pause) cat." then gave him the awkward hug.

Do any of you guys know whether "sinus flossing" is an actual popular thing in India or whether Sumit's family is just bizarre? (I mean, the two aren't mutually exclusive, but specifically wondering how popular sinus flossing is here...)

Ari had no intention of going back to Ethiopia. That’s why she booked a one way flight outta there. She just needed an excuse. Avi’s surgery was a 1hr outpatient procedure and she was acting like he was gonna be out of commission for months. That baby was awake and alert leaving the hospital like nothing happened. She could have stayed but she did not want to. People always wanna talk about foreigners coming here and taking advantage of these innocent Americans. But what about Americans who go to other countries trying to live out these exotic fantasies and then fucking up people’s lives in the process? Not saying Bini is perfect, he has his flaws and needs to grow the fuck up, but man, this storyline makes me so mad.

Also, I really dislike Ari’s sister-in-law; she needs to get the hell off the show.

• Love 17
19 minutes ago, Hotel Snarker said:

Do any of you guys know whether "sinus flossing" is an actual popular thing in India or whether Sumit's family is just bizarre? (I mean, the two aren't mutually exclusive, but specifically wondering how popular sinus flossing is here...)

Yes, it is an actual yoga practice called sutra neti.

• Useful 3
On 10/29/2021 at 6:59 PM, Tuneful said:

Sumit's parents test Jenny--that's kind of entertaining, but pathetic. I'd celebrate for her if she ever actually leaves. 

I think that Jenny should stay in India because she has a decent life on her small pension. Freeloading sumit and his parents are parasites who need to find a new American host. Disgusting people

Edited by Chalby
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

(BTW, when Alina and Steven were on the boat, I was waiting for the Silva twins to sail by in the background, with skirts hiked up high. It was the only thing that stopped me from fast forwarding through the cringe fest.)

Would have been so damn funny him serenading her and being hit in the face by some Silva weave blowing off!

• LOL 14
(edited)

I just realized something. If SteVen had a bunch of gifts for when he screws up with Alina then why didn't he haul one of those out when her mom was there instead of buying her the cat purse /wallet?! 🤔🤔

Edited by greekmom
Editing
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

Listening to Steven sing his “proposal” song was so cringe worthy. My friend and I couldn’t even look at the TV. He has that pubescent voice that scratches and changes keys, and the singing made it so much worse! Why oh why did she say yes!?!? He is so creepy. She needs to dump that fucking trash bag.

The dude is 25 and looks and sounds like he's 13.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

Tell us how you really feel, lol!!!  (By the way, I agree!)

• Love 5
1 hour ago, greekmom said:

I just realized something. If SteVen had a bunch of gifts for when he screws up with Alina then why didn't he haul one of those out when her mom was there instead of buying her the cat purse /wallet?! 🤔🤔

Because her mom would've snarked big time on the Baby Girl's Book of Mormon.

• Love 9
On 11/3/2021 at 10:39 AM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I believe she was on the housekeeping staff at the resort.     I can't see Jenny in any job requiring any great skill, since she has the attention span of a gnat.

She apparently forgot all she ever knew about housekeeping when she moved to India. Sumit's mother had to make up their bed! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 11/3/2021 at 6:02 PM, Hotel Snarker said:

He has that pubescent voice that scratches and changes keys, and the singing made it so much worse!

All I could think of was the Cheers episode when Woody wrote a song for his girlfriend Kelly which went "Kelly, Kelly, Kelly, Kelly..." 

• LOL 12
On 11/3/2021 at 6:30 PM, Chalby said:

I think that Jenny should stay in India because she has a decent life on her small pension.

Didn't she say something about only being able to stay there for ten years (and leave briefly every six months) unless she married Sumit? 

• Love 1

I think it's pretty easy to get another 10 year tourist visa for Jenny.    She's self-supporting with her social security, and whatever money she has.    There are also a lot of U.S. and U.K. expats, so she could move to where there are more expats, get a one bedroom, and have some friends.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I actually think that SteVen is modeling himself on Syngin who also kept sweeping his hair back, sang opera on camera (versus whatever that was that SteVen was singing), and presented himself as quirky and carefree much as SteVen is trying to do.  This reinforces my previous statement that I believe SteVen is trying to become famous and thinks he will be beloved for his "quirkiness" and "endearing" personality.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

I also felt like Ari's rage could have to do with taking care of her own baby without the aid of her Ethiopian Nanny plus support from Bini. She doesn't have quite that carefree vibe so much anymore. Janice prob helps but I bet she doesn't take orders and she's not at Ari's beck and call like the Nanny was.

• Love 5
On 11/4/2021 at 10:13 AM, greekmom said:

Because every "make up" gift he has for Alina is a religious item of some kind, I'll bet. So he can sorrowfully tell her how they're sealed for all time (or will be, if she actually marries him) so she needs to be a better Mormon wife. Here, read this/wear this sacred garment/go to this prayer meeting/see this Mormon therapist. Just another way to control her. Seriously, I want to kidnap her and send her home to her mother, who must be absolutely dying with anxiety and worry.

• Love 14
On 11/2/2021 at 5:53 AM, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

two things ......

1) I fully believe Papa Armando is coming to the wedding. I think the phone call was filmed early on when they got engaged, because last week when he was checking his email and Kenny said "so just your mom is coming" Armando was badly acting when he gave his clipped answers and looked awkward. I think that was acting. We'll see. It's the only drama they really have other than a sunset.

2) Wow Ari's back and forth looks from emaciated to average size and the shape of her face escalated quickly. So did the fact that she was there a month last week and THIS week it is two months, surgery is over, and she is full on ANGRY. I am gonna name it to claim it here..... Adderall. Yes yes Bini is probably acting like a jerk and the anger is legit but the quick skinny and no BS tolerance. Adderall would explain a lot. 

Preview, Janice goes to Kenya too. NOOOOO JANICE! They are ADULTS!

Has it ever been established what is wrong with Ari?  She is nearly 30 and seems to not be able to support any part of her life.  30 year old toddler with a bad attitude. I am glad I am not the only one wondering WTF she did to herself.  Looks like bad lip injections for one.  Total BEC comment.  Does anyone in her family wash their hair on the regular?  Kind of a greasy headed bunch.

Cannot watch Corey and Evelin, nose hosing by mom and dad Sumit and bitching about Providencia.  Steven is creepy.  His laugh is horrid and for such an aesthetically challenged young man, he sure seems to think he's got it going on.  Maybe I watch too much ID network but when her body goes missing, check boat records.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I can see how Mormonism suits Steven so well.  His ideal is probably to have a lot of "sister wives"; since this is no longer legal, he will have one legal wife but a lot of women on the side.

I also found this:  "Mormon women have the specific responsibility to be righteous daughters of God; good, faithful wives; and loving mothers. A woman should give her greatest priority to her home: her husband, her family, and the opportunity to child-bearing. That is her divine mission."

• Useful 1
21 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Is eastern Kentucky known for gravy boats?

Gravy boats, gravy ladles, gravy pots...Girl, if it's fattening, unhealthy, and multi-purpose then you can bet we're using it by the gallon and finding as many containers as possible to put it in.  

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Because every "make up" gift he has for Alina is a religious item of some kind, I'll bet. So he can sorrowfully tell her how they're sealed for all time (or will be, if she actually marries him) so she needs to be a better Mormon wife. Here, read this/wear this sacred garment/go to this prayer meeting/see this Mormon therapist. Just another way to control her. Seriously, I want to kidnap her and send her home to her mother, who must be absolutely dying with anxiety and worry.

I'd pay Alina to pick up a cappuccino in front of SteVen and right before she takes a big swig say, "I'm weak and being tested, but I'll ask God for forgiveness later."  And then order another one. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

So they are not gifts for HER. The gifts are all about HIM -  his wants and his needs. So, that he can feel good about having a sex toy 24/7.  This girl seems bright and capable. She must be acting because I can’t see how she can find him attractive in anyway or not see through his guile.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

I'd pay Alina to pick up a cappuccino in front of SteVen and right before she takes a big swig say, "I'm weak and being tested, but I'll ask God for forgiveness later."  And then order another one. 

Then head off to the vineyard for a wine tasting afternoon. We could join her there and try to talk some sense into her.

2 minutes ago, Kid said:

So they are not gifts for HER. The gifts are all about HIM -  his wants and his needs. So, that he can feel good about having a sex toy 24/7.  This girl seems bright and capable. She must be acting because I can’t see how she can find him attractive in anyway or not see through his guile.

Exactly. He's all about controlling her. She's only 20. A baby! 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Has it ever been established what is wrong with Ari?  She is nearly 30 and seems to not be able to support any part of her life.  30 year old toddler with a bad attitude. I am glad I am not the only one wondering WTF she did to herself.  Looks like bad lip injections for one.  Total BEC comment.  Does anyone in her family wash their hair on the regular?  Kind of a greasy headed bunch.

^^^ the bolded sentence is such a loaded question. What is NOT wrong with Ari? 

I read that comment and almost spit water out my nose. And no, I'm not going to floss my nose. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

Because every "make up" gift he has for Alina is a religious item of some kind, I'll bet. So he can sorrowfully tell her how they're sealed for all time (or will be, if she actually marries him) so she needs to be a better Mormon wife. Here, read this/wear this sacred garment/go to this prayer meeting/see this Mormon therapist. Just another way to control her.

My guess:  Steven chose Alina because  she is very young and she seemed innocent, suggestible, romantic, and easily controlled.  But she has been questioning and challenging him, calling him out, and making demands of her own, and he doesn't like that.  So he is doubling down, and wants to get married so he has full control.

After her mother left to go back to Russia, he made a comment about now that her mother is gone, he and Alina can work things out for themselves - meaning that now her mother's influence and support is removed, he can resume his efforts.  This is typical controlling behavior, separating the target from their support system.

I still have hopes for her to wake up and walk away.  We will see.

• Love 10
On 11/3/2021 at 11:37 AM, treeofdreams said:

The funniest part of that was at the end, when the parents  were finished and Mama advances on Jenny and says, It's your turn.

Jenny:  No

Mama:  Do it

No.

Do it.

No.

Do it.

No.

Do it.

It was so disgusting. They threw their  nose threads on the roof along with spitting all their crap on the roof.

• Love 2
On 11/3/2021 at 12:05 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

Pro tip:  We went to an evening Cardinals game in St Louis.  It was louder than an NFL game.  And Yankee fans gave me PTSD.

I think your second hunch is on the money, friend.

I don't think alley is a bitch. I think she's finally seeing him for what he is a cheater.

11 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Then head off to the vineyard for a wine tasting afternoon. We could join her there and try to talk some sense into her.

Exactly. He's all about controlling her. She's only 20. A baby! 

I agree about the controlling. But then I think  mormon men are like that . A friend converted and the men told her what to do how to vote, everything. 

Edited by antfitz
  • Love 1

I have very little sympathy for ole Bini. When will he quit sleeping and impregnating Americans?? How many times does this have to happen to him before he learns his lesson? I think Ari's mental problems are significant and she needs a lot of support. I am not sure her family offers her the best type of support but I would be concerned about her raising a child in a foreign country with a club dancing, music playing player of a baby daddy with only paid friends and a hostile group of in-laws to look to for help. 

Edited by MamaGee
  • Love 6
On 11/2/2021 at 9:21 AM, Mrs. Hanson said:

Hey Kenny - it is an invitation, not a summons.  We wed on a beautiful fall day, and guess what?  Some people had plans.  Oh well.  If dad doesn't come, maybe it is for the better.  Better to be sour grapes at home than spill that energy on your wedding day.  But I think he shows up after all.

I'm not ashamed to admit if Papa Armando shows up, I will shed a few tears.  

Whilst not the most riveting story on this franchise, I find everyone involved so endearing and am truly hoping for them to get off of this show before TLC can fuck it up their happy ending.  

(Making a note to make sure I have a box of Kleenex next to me for the wedding episode.)

• Love 5
19 hours ago, MamaGee said:

I have very little sympathy for ole Bini. When will he quit sleeping and impregnating Americans?? How many times does this have to happen to him before he learns his lesson? 

I have been saying that since day 1, clearly he thinks with his dick which has not eyes because it clearly did not see Princess Ari clearly.

So Bini is 2 for 2, and nobody in his family has questioned his raw dogging American women? 

After Bini gets to the US will he look for a foreign woman to raw dog?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 11/5/2021 at 3:37 PM, treeofdreams said:

My guess:  Steven chose Alina because  she is very young and she seemed innocent, suggestible, romantic, and easily controlled.  But she has been questioning and challenging him, calling him out, and making demands of her own, and he doesn't like that.  So he is doubling down, and wants to get married so he has full control.

After her mother left to go back to Russia, he made a comment about now that her mother is gone, he and Alina can work things out for themselves - meaning that now her mother's influence and support is removed, he can resume his efforts.  This is typical controlling behavior, separating the target from their support system.

I still have hopes for her to wake up and walk away.  We will see.

My hopes for her faded as soon as I saw she could be won over with flowers, ice cream, and a book of Mormon with a feminine cover and a message from SteVen on the inside. 

• Love 8
On 11/3/2021 at 5:02 PM, Hotel Snarker said:

Steven reading that letter: “Alina, you have so much light inside of you. Let me fucking destroy it.” He thinks he’s a real charmer giving Alina a Book of Mormon. Does he think he’s still on his mission or something? I had an ex who called all these girls he talked to his “friends” meanwhile he had a book full of names of people he fucked and they were all in there.

Ellie realizing that "vacation" Victor isn't the same as "living with" Victor. He just lost about 99% of his belongings and she's worried about dishes. Of course he's going to be snappy! She was pissing me off just watching. Like, this man’s whole island just got destroyed and she’s making it all about her. She is repeatedly slowing down his necessary, priority work (so that they can sleep that night!) by interrupting him with random questions about shit that does not matter.

Dirty clothes? Dishes in the sink? I think that can wait a day or two, Ellie. The entire house is in shambles. Let's get the tent set up, maybe?? I would snap at her, too, and I didn't just lose my whole home and community. Why are some people completely incapable of prioritizing?!

Sumit's parents want that spinoff money BADLY! The nose flossing scene had me laughing until tears came out of eyes and my abs hurt. That's exactly what I got into 90 day fiance for. Ridiculous and absurd verbal and situational irony. Sumit's dad assuring Jenny that the Neti procedures did not hurt while Sumit's mom was gagging and retching on camera was hilarious. Then the camera switched to Jenny's bewildered face. Give the editors a raise! I haven't laughed this hard at the show since Natalie's friend told Mike, "You have your job and your (long pause) cat." then gave him the awkward hug.

Ari had no intention of going back to Ethiopia. That’s why she booked a one way flight outta there. She just needed an excuse. Avi’s surgery was a 1hr outpatient procedure and she was acting like he was gonna be out of commission for months. That baby was awake and alert leaving the hospital like nothing happened. She could have stayed but she did not want to. People always wanna talk about foreigners coming here and taking advantage of these innocent Americans. But what about Americans who go to other countries trying to live out these exotic fantasies and then fucking up people’s lives in the process? Not saying Bini is perfect, he has his flaws and needs to grow the fuck up, but man, this storyline makes me so mad.

Also, I really dislike Ari’s sister-in-law; she needs to get the hell off the show.

I agree, Steven's singing and song was cringe worthy. Mormons are constantly Is trying to convert . I wouldn't join that religion it is too male oriented. I had a friend who converted, and the men tell the women who to vote for even.  She really changed and we are no longer friends. 

Btw,  I had the show on DVR and was able to just FF.

Edited by antfitz
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, antfitz said:

I wouldn't join that religion it is too male oriented

That is basically all religions.  Most are oppressive to women, Orthodox Jewish women cannot pray, sing or dance in front of or with men for fearing it would make men do terrible things to them...as if they are evil temptresses...there is a prayer Orthodox men say that thanks G-d for not making them a woman and even Muslim have laws for how women dress in public, the bottom line is most religions place the blame of sin against the women.  Even if it is a natural biological event like getting your period, see mikvah.

So, your options are limited in picking a religion that is equally good for both sexes.  Alina converting to be a Mormon should be a lengthy process, not just one dunk in a baby pool, how could Steven ask her to just take the plunge without guidance from a church elder or whom ever to really educate her?  Is he afraid if she starts asking questions she may not want to convert?

• Love 4
On 11/4/2021 at 10:34 AM, Mrs. Hanson said:

Tell us how you really feel, lol!!!  (By the way, I agree!)

The whole thing made me cringe in disgust and embarrassment. I am just so irritated by the way he is lovebombing her.

11 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

That is basically all religions.  Most are oppressive to women, Orthodox Jewish women cannot pray, sing or dance in front of or with men for fearing it would make men do terrible things to them...as if they are evil temptresses...there is a prayer Orthodox men say that thanks G-d for not making them a woman and even Muslim have laws for how women dress in public, the bottom line is most religions place the blame of sin against the women.  Even if it is a natural biological event like getting your period, see mikvah.

So, your options are limited in picking a religion that is equally good for both sexes.  Alina converting to be a Mormon should be a lengthy process, not just one dunk in a baby pool, how could Steven ask her to just take the plunge without guidance from a church elder or whom ever to really educate her?  Is he afraid if she starts asking questions she may not want to convert?

Yeah, unfortunately this is one of the many reasons why I left the Christian religion. I had to deal with a lot of hypocrites at my church, and it was a tough battle to fight. I eventually won and have not been to church since December 2018.

• Love 3
On 11/8/2021 at 7:37 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

Steven, as a male child who's achieved the age of 19, is an elder in the Mormon church. Conversions are their job, that's why they go on mission at 19. 

I agree that most religions are patriarchal in nature but the Mormons are really in a class by themselves. Not only is their attitude toward women positively medieval, the church just recently (in 1979) changed their tenet that all people of color would be turned white when they got to heaven! I personally don't quite get how one receives instructions directly from the hand of god, only to say a hundred years later "Oops, looks like our omnipotent god made a little booboo here." Call me crazy. 

• Love 6
15 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

The whole thing made me cringe in disgust and embarrassment. I am just so irritated by the way he is lovebombing her.

Yeah, unfortunately this is one of the many reasons why I left the Christian religion. I had to deal with a lot of hypocrites at my church, and it was a tough battle to fight. I eventually won and have not been to church since December 2018.

When my first husband and I were going to divorce (I knew it was going to happen, he still had hope) we appeased his parents and went to marriage counseling.  In a church.  Ugh.  The FEMALE pastor looked square at me and asked if I was cheating.  I wanted to run and cry as I felt so......shamed.  (I was not cheating, I was seriously concerned for my mental and physical health.)  Never asked the ex.

47 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

When my first husband and I were going to divorce (I knew it was going to happen, he still had hope) we appeased his parents and went to marriage counseling.  In a church.  Ugh.  The FEMALE pastor looked square at me and asked if I was cheating.  I wanted to run and cry as I felt so......shamed.  (I was not cheating, I was seriously concerned for my mental and physical health.)  Never asked the ex.

Oh that's terrible!

I cringe and run when people talk about going to counseling with a pastor, priest, rabbi, you name it. I was raised Catholic and now only go to church for weddings and funerals.  Religion and I are not friends. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, hookedontv said:

Oh that's terrible!

I cringe and run when people talk about going to counseling with a pastor, priest, rabbi, you name it. I was raised Catholic and now only go to church for weddings and funerals.  Religion and I are not friends. 

My son has a good friend whose dad passed away.  My son was ushered in to sit in the front with his friend.  The deceased man had two sons and was very into religion.  Fine.  The minister proceeded to shame my son's friend!  "So and so was very into his faith, and happily Younger Son followed that path.  Older Son has not found his faith yet so we need to pray for his soul.  Deceased Man was always bothered that Older Son was not religious."  What the holy h*ll?

I have a cousin who used his dad's funeral to have his own kids read anti-gay rants.  Classy.  Then when his mom died he went around and invited everyone back to the house for food except for my two cousins who are gay and one's partner.  And his own youngest son is gay.  And lives 1000 miles away.

Sorry to be off topic.  I am kinda crabby today, lol.

FYI:  I rec'd a letter asking if I wanted to still be a member.  I mailed back a response saying yeah no.  I explained what happened and was like.....nope.

11 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

My son has a good friend whose dad passed away.  My son was ushered in to sit in the front with his friend.  The deceased man had two sons and was very into religion.  Fine.  The minister proceeded to shame my son's friend!  "So and so was very into his faith, and happily Younger Son followed that path.  Older Son has not found his faith yet so we need to pray for his soul.  Deceased Man was always bothered that Older Son was not religious."  What the holy h*ll?

I have a cousin who used his dad's funeral to have his own kids read anti-gay rants.  Classy.  Then when his mom died he went around and invited everyone back to the house for food except for my two cousins who are gay and one's partner.  And his own youngest son is gay.  And lives 1000 miles away.

Sorry to be off topic.  I am kinda crabby today, lol.

FYI:  I rec'd a letter asking if I wanted to still be a member.  I mailed back a response saying yeah no.  I explained what happened and was like.....nope.

^^^ This is all outrageous! 

Meanwhile, I was planning my brother's funeral last month. My mom wanted a priest to say a few words. One priest I spoke to (on a recommendation of someone who was friendly with the priest) basically told me that my brother and my family weren't "religious enough" for him to say a few prayers at the funeral home and then at the cemetery. He also said he was offended that I asked him. Quickly followed up by him saying "but I'm not being judgemental." 

I was planning my brother's fucking funeral. So much for compassion. He could have just said "No, I've already got a commitment on that day and time" if he found my request so egregious. 

((thud)) I just hopped off my soapbox. 

21 minutes ago, hookedontv said:

^^^ This is all outrageous! 

Meanwhile, I was planning my brother's funeral last month. My mom wanted a priest to say a few words. One priest I spoke to (on a recommendation of someone who was friendly with the priest) basically told me that my brother and my family weren't "religious enough" for him to say a few prayers at the funeral home and then at the cemetery. He also said he was offended that I asked him. Quickly followed up by him saying "but I'm not being judgemental." 

I was planning my brother's fucking funeral. So much for compassion. He could have just said "No, I've already got a commitment on that day and time" if he found my request so egregious. 

((thud)) I just hopped off my soapbox. 

I am sorry over the death of your brother.  The silver lining of my aunt's service was this:  First, my husband and I were in the third row.  My hubs got an INTENSE case of the yawns.  He was yawning over and over at the minister from the holy roller church who proceeded to get up and talk about my aunt for about seven minutes then spent the next solid 45 minutes proselytzing to come to his weird church.   Then my brother gets up and talked about how much my aunt welcomed my cousin who is gay and her partner of well over thirty years into her home for dinner weekly.

I can totally believe the priest said that.  When my uncle passed, the priest is peddled the whole "If you are not Catholic you can't come up and take communion."  I was like, yeah no, it is the Lord's table, NOT YOURS PADRE.  How nice of you to invite people in and only some get to partake of the service.  So if I come to your house for dinner doe everyone get steak and I get nothing?  Good to know.

Apologies for my soapbox.  Again, I am crabby.  Will get back to work and back to topic.

On 11/8/2021 at 6:37 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

Alina converting to be a Mormon should be a lengthy process

I thought it takes a year.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I thought it takes a year.

That should give SteVen enough time to bang a few more girls on the side, before Alina is fully "worthy" of his love and bad singing and bad laugh and ..... everything's just bad. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Steven, as a male child who's achieved the age of 19, is an elder in the Mormon church. Conversions are their job, that's why they go on mission at 19. 

I agree that most religions are patriarchal in nature but the Mormons are really in a class by themselves. Not only is their attitude toward women positively medieval, the church just recently (in 1979) changed their tenet that all people of color would be turned white when they got to heaven! I personally don't quite get how one receives instructions directly from the hand of god, only to say a hundred years later "Oops, looks like our omnipotent god made a little booboo here." Call me crazy. 

Yeah, a lot of the Mormon beliefs are just absurd and ridiculous. Black people turn white when they go to heaven? I mean, seriously? That’s just WRONG.

7 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Back in late 2018, a lot of people at my church, who were friends of mine on Facebook, did not like some of the things I was posting at the time on certain events in politics. They were shaming me and humiliating me for it. One of my church friends asked me to see the pastor for advice and “counseling”. I was a Sunday school teacher and worked for him, so he knew me very well. When I brought up the issue to him, he immediately told me, “I think those people are right. That is not the behavior that we want to see in a Sunday school teacher. I’m sorry, but you’re gonna have to step down from this position.” I was just so embarrassed and frustrated. I remember crying to my husband on his shoulder afterwards. I went to church less and less after that to only listen to the sermon in the main sanctuary. And eventually, I stopped going altogether.

6 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

One of my good friends lost her mother to cancer, and I was invited to her funeral. Once the pastor started speaking at the funeral, he immediately called her a fat and lazy pig and said that if she were religious more then she could have done something to lose weight and therefore she could have prevented herself from getting cancer. My friend cried for hours afterwards.

6 hours ago, hookedontv said:

He couldn't have done that! Lying is a SIN. Seriously, do these hypocrites even hear themselves? 

I am very, very sorry to hear of the loss of your brother. I hope you are finding some solace in your memories of him. Hugs.

• Love 3