Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E10: Stop The Excuses

• Start Topic

Steven and Alina hit a breaking point; Kenny is denied his wedding wish; tempers flare between Ellie and Victor; Sumit's parents test Jenny; Ari gives Bini a final ultimatum; Corey and Evelin work to reconcile their relationship.

• Love 1

SteVen and Alina, Borey and Skeevelin, and pizza lady and griftin' bartender: FF, I couldn't care less. Kenny is denied his wedding wish--well, Kryin' Kenny complains every single episode and likely every day. I get that moving to a foreign country is not easy, and living with someone else's child is different, but doesn't this pattern get tedious for 'Mondo Hondo? Sumit's parents test Jenny--that's kind of entertaining, but pathetic. I'd celebrate for her if she ever actually leaves. Ari and Bini--Straight to the moon, Alice! Sick of ya both! Though I did get a good laugh at the long, gauzey shot, with mood lighting, of Airhead-ola post cosmetic surgery, bleach job, and diet regimen, posed in the nursery like a madonna or saint (otherwise a place I doubt she spends much time). 

Edited by Tuneful
eyes gone goofy
  • LOL 6
  • Love 7
(edited)

Saw the 30 minute preview.

High forehead and Chin hair.  First what drill was used to put the boards on the windows? Why doesn't chin hair use the same drill to take off the boards instead of buying a new one?? Asking for a friend.
There is nothing wrong with high forehead in doing some stuff around while Chin hair does the heavy lifting. That's called team work assholes.

Areola: For the record baby Avi is so darn cute!  Second, Areola sister is an idiot. Sure good doctors are in the States that's if only you can AFFORD MEDICAL you dumb bitch (sorry I've been reading Maid). If you are living under the poverty line, you are not getting that sweet medical attention, the good schools, etc that Areola's sister is advertising so that Areola can come back State side.

Kenny and Armando. Kryin Kenny wanted to marry at sunset. Why is this so difficult? Cause of TLC. They can do a few of the things such as wedding photos prior to the actual ceremony, performers and marachi band before the ceremony while the couple is doing photos. Marry at sunset and go directly to the dinner. How hard is that? Not much but we need some drama.  Forgot to add. Notice that Kenny still has Florida plates?!

Edited by greekmom
forgot to add.
  • Love 15

I was interrupted during the 20 minute preview so I returned the call after setting the DVR.

Kenny, you are getting married in times of Covid and various curfews and restrictions. Yes, it is romantic to marry at sunset time, but if you only have the space til midnight, it is not going to happen unless you maybe ditch the dancers, the mariachi band, and half the entertainmnt. If the party could go on til 3 am, knock yourself out. There is nothing stopping you and Armando from having a small sunset ceremony the next day or the day after. You, Armando, Hannah, maybe your kids and Armando's parents. Drama for nothing. I wonder what kind of cakes will be used for the cake testing.

Ariela, what a waste to bring Avi over to the US for that simple procedure. You are not a rich expat and Avi isn't working and the surgery could have been done in Ethiopia for peanuts. Instead it was probably a $10,000 plus US procedure that will be paid by your or your parents' insurance or hospital services discount. And now you want to stay in the US because you don't like how Bini behaves. He behaved like that when you met him and I'm sure you did not mind being a party girl too. Who he was then is who he is now. You are tired of him and maybe you can ghost him and leave him in Ethiopia. Don't listen to your jealous sister.

Why would Ellie want to live in that house? Is there no hand rail to get up and down those stairs to the upstairs? All I'd need is to be sick in the night and then kill myself by falling down those stairs. Setting up the bedroom is important but so is getting some of the floor clean and dry. Victor can do the heavy lifting while you can take care of stuff in the house to get it habitable. The fighting means that things are not going well. I too wonder who drilled the plywood on to the windows to save the house from the storm. Did the drill belong to someone else or did it wash away in the storm or will Victor sell it on the cheap to a friend now that Ellie bought him a nice, new one.

• Love 13

Maybe Victor’s original drill was electric? 

But I came here to comment on Ari and the preview. Am I the only person who didn’t remember she met Bini and conceived Avi in KENYA? 

I know it’s during Covid, but is Janice cutting her own hair? It looks terrible. 

I agree that Kenny and Armando could schedule the wedding events so that some things take place before the vow ceremony, they marry at sunset and then the party continues? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 15

I was deep into a Netflix show and at 10:00 tuned into 90 day, where it went immediately into talk about K&A's wedding plans. Oh, gawd, I don't care what kind of cake flavors they pick or any of the other stuff. Excruciatingly boring. Just wanted that segment to end and go into another.

13 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Why would Ellie want to live in that house? I

Why would she give up all the comforts of her prior life in order to move there with Chinny? Maybe if one was deeply, profoundly and passionately in love with someone. But this is not what I see at all between these two. I'm glad they are both getting irritated with one another. This is not a bonding experience and clearly not what Ellie expected. She is just taking up space and getting in the way and should chalk this up to a shallow moment / decision in her life, go back to Seattle and use this experience as an example in the future of what not to do and to learn from it.

• Love 20

First Victor claims he wants Ellie to relax and let him do all the work at the house. Then he makes some snide comment about her not helping and that they have more important things to do than taking his clothes out to dry. If I was Ellie, at that point I'd have said, "Okay, I'm going down to the beach, see ya..." 

• LOL 2
  • Love 13

I can do minor home improvement stuff. Not much involving power tools. Victor can do what he is good at. If Ellie is not talented at using tools and repairing homes, she can do other things like the clothing, tidying up, etc. Otherwise she is useless and she should go to the beach.

• Love 9
On 10/29/2021 at 10:53 PM, magemaud said:

I agree that Kenny and Armando could schedule the wedding events so that some things take place before the vow ceremony, they marry at sunset and then the party continues? 

But, then, what would Kryin’ Kenny have to Kry about????

• LOL 11
  • Love 5

Kinda off topic but not really:  Last night I made a Thanksgiving Junior dinner (I could eat turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, corn etc ALL DAY LONG) and being it was nuthin' fancy....I poured the gravy into a Pyrex measuring cup and did not realize what I did until dinner!  Oh the Trish in me was comin' out, lol!!!   There were no:  neck scarves, awkward pauses, borscht soup, nor annoying and passive aggressive behaviors.  And my hair is cut in a stylish yet appropriate way.  

3 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I watched the D+ full show early this morning and there are just NO(se) words. NONE. 

Do I dare watch?  Or do I clean with the Bears and 49'ers on in the backgraound?  Hmmm.......

• LOL 8
56 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Kinda off topic but not really:  Last night I made a Thanksgiving Junior dinner (I could eat turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, corn etc ALL DAY LONG) and being it was nuthin' fancy....I poured the gravy into a Pyrex measuring cup and did not realize what I did until dinner!  Oh the Trish in me was comin' out, lol!!!   There were no:  neck scarves, awkward pauses, borscht soup, nor annoying and passive aggressive behaviors.  And my hair is cut in a stylish yet appropriate way.  

Do I dare watch?  Or do I clean with the Bears and 49'ers on in the backgraound?  Hmmm.......

The relatives make mushroom and regular gravy so the Pyrex cup makes its appearance, I am there for the food and couldn’t care less. Not everyone has multiple gravy boats. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Kinda off topic but not really:  Last night I made a Thanksgiving Junior dinner (I could eat turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, corn etc ALL DAY LONG) and being it was nuthin' fancy....I poured the gravy into a Pyrex measuring cup and did not realize what I did until dinner!  Oh the Trish in me was comin' out, lol!!! 

I had a tan Eddie Bauer hoodie. Do you know I had to put it in the donate bag after I saw Baby Lisa wearing a TAN, too tight pullover sweatshirt. It was featured during one of her ugly growling speeches to Usman. Maybe we're too hard on ourselves, but it's necessary. 

• LOL 15

I think Ellie should have waited until Victor   gave her the “all clear” before joining him in Providencia. Clearly, she meant well, but she seemed to be in the way. 

The fact that Wish squealed on Bini meant that his family wasn’t happy with his open house and party lifestyle. I had no idea they met in Kenya. Wonder if Bini was living there or like Ari, just passing through. 

This episode’s title should have been, “She said ‘Dah’.”

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Honestly, compared to some of the other awful people this season, I'll sit here all day and listen to Kenny cry and whine about his sunset wedding. If that's the most drama they can come up with then bring it on. I'd much rather watch Armando be a bridezilla and Kenny getting homesick over the antics of sociopathic SteVen.

8 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Haven't met my mother in law.

Or spent a lot of time in Eastern Kentucky. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
On 10/29/2021 at 9:35 PM, greekmom said:

Areola: For the record baby Avi is so darn cute!  Second, Areola sister is an idiot. Sure good doctors are in the States that's if only you can AFFORD MEDICAL you dumb bitch (sorry I've been reading Maid). If you are living under the poverty line, you are not getting that sweet medical attention, the good schools, etc that Areola's sister is advertising so that Areola can come back state'side.

Ari's parents will bankroll her until the day they die - then will leave her a chunk of change to live off afterwards. So, her sister's confidence Family Ari would enjoy an upper middle class existence in the US seems completely reasonable to me. What doesn't make any sense to me however is the idea Ari and Bini will actually stay together long term, as that relationship is a hot mess, inside a dumpster fire, inside a train wreck. *

On 11/1/2021 at 12:00 AM, Adeejay said:

I think Ellie should have waited until Victor   gave her the “all clear” before joining him in Providencia. Clearly, she meant well, but she seemed to be in the way. 

While Ellie's intentions were good, the constant questions would get annoying fast. You aren't really helping if I end up having to allocate all my time to answering questions that are either rhetorical or kinda just stupid. Having said that, I still can't for the life of me come up with even one reason Ellie might be into this lying asshole loser.

I realized at one point. I had gone a perilously long time without rolling my eyes at Steven tonight - which brought on a fresh wave of eye rolls, however - so all good. He finally got his head on straight re his social media accounts, and even showed a bit of humility when he said that proposing to Alina is his greatest accomplishment. 

And - I'll be pulling for Armando's dad to be at the wedding right up to the last possible moment. 

* Quote attributable to news anchor Jake Tapper.

Edited by SabineElisabeth
  • Love 13

I was having trouble posting on my iPad during the Live Chat Snark, so I briefly went to my desktop with my back to the television and (mercifully) missed the Family Sumit nose flossing scene. Now when it was rebroadcast, I had enough warning to turn away. Was it a coincidence that the next commercial was for Lysol sanitizing snotty laundry? 

• LOL 10
  • Love 1

Family Sumit is so over the top that I think they must've seen the TLC dollar signs and decided that they get more benefits by being on camera and playing it up. Unfortunately, I don't think Jenny has caught on. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
10 hours ago, treeofdreams said:

Wow, Mother Sumit really brought out the big guns tonight.

Yoga?  She knew Jenny would not be able to do it.

You're feeling sick?  Get out of bed and do your work.

And the nasal cleaning?  Unbelievably gross.

I was surprised to finally agree with Jenny on something, but sharing a nostril squeegee really tipped off my disgust receptors.

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, anoninrva said:

I was surprised to finally agree with Jenny on something, but sharing a nostril squeegee really tipped off my disgust receptors.

I think the bacteria of a shared nasal tube would out do any benefits it is supposed to have for the person...I dry heaved but was able to FF thru that scene because I am watching from my DVR. 

Giving props to Mrs. Sumit for being able to arch her back like that!  I started yoga about a month ago, I go twice a week and love the stretching and balance poses, I sleep better on those nights I go to class, Jenny would benefit from doing it once a week, do we know if Sumit practices yoga like his father does? Does Sumit get Indian Husband Lessons?

Ellie had announce that she was going to take her hat off?  Victor is probably thinking how to get Ellie off the island, he is annoyed as shit when his wallet talks, walks and is basically living with him and by wallet I mean Ellie, he wants her to just send money and stay the fuck away.  

• Love 12

Ellie keeps bringing up how she’s supporting him.  She will wave that over his head any chance she gets.  And she was complaining that he was being mean to her.  Well pot meet kettle.  She was sniping away at him too.  

Family Sumit has got to be gunning for a spin-off.   Right?   Because that was disgusting.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, magemaud said:

I was having trouble posting on my iPad during the Live Chat Snark, so I briefly went to my desktop with my back to the television and (mercifully) missed the Family Sumit nose flossing scene. Now when it was rebroadcast, I had enough warning to turn away. Was it a coincidence that the next commercial was for Lysol sanitizing snotty laundry? 

The blood reference made it extra appetizing.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

The blood reference made it extra appetizing.

My day started off with a nosebleed, it was not as gross as the husband and wife nasal cleansing.  I do not get nosebleeds and it alarmed me big time since I could not blame it on anything like the the up your nose with a rubber hose experience.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

Say what you will about SteVen, but he is one talented motherfucker. Even I was impressed by the keyboard-on-a-sunset-cruise scene (minus the fake choking around the word "marry"). I can see why he has multiple girl "friends"...and will in all likelihood continue to have them despite his deleting his social media. When I was younger and dumber I dated someone similar and I remember being told (by an older and presumably wiser woman) that so long as he came home to me, I should let him have his fun because men like that don't change. (Wonder whatever happened to him...)

Meanwhile, I'm tired of Ellie's whining. "What about MEEEEE???" Bitch, it was a fucking HURRICANE and it took out 95% of the island. Either shut your mouth and quit being a nuisance or take your sorry ass back to Seattle.

LOL at "Kryin' Kenny"...but ironically it was Armando that bugged me this episode. Your dad's not with the program...you need to accept it and move the fuck on. Enjoy your wedding with the relatives who do decide to show up.

Once again, I find myself feeling bad for the offspring of Ari and Bini, even though he (Avi) is quite possibly one of the cutest things this franchise has ever produced. Maybe I'm weird but...if you need to remove your potential husband from "bad influences," maybe you shouldn't get married? I fail to see how living in Mombasa is going to make a difference. They have "bad influences" over there too...just saying...

And speaking of mother-son relationships: Mama Sumit is enjoying the hell out of herself, isn't she? She's like: well, damn, I had 3-4 days of diarrhea and I STILL GOT SHIT DONE...AND I can do back bends AND clean out my sinuses with some rubber tubing! The fuck is your problem, white woman? (Also, I started watching Jenny and Sumit's 90 Day Journey and now I'm absolutely convinced that something's not quite right in Jenny's head.)

I couldn't care less about Cory and Evelin.

Edited by ExMathMajor
it needed one more swear word
  • Love 21
44 minutes ago, ExMathMajor said:

Say what you will about SteVen, but he is one talented motherfucker. Even I was impressed by the keyboard-on-a-sunset-cruise scene (minus the fake choking around the word "marry"). I can see why he has multiple girl "friends"...and will in all likelihood continue to have them despite his deleting his social media.

I was so disappointed in Alina.  After all the unhappiness and disappointment all it takes is one cruise and romantic song to make her suddenly mad to marry him again?  He is proving himself to be a master manipulator.  I wonder how long it will take before he creates new social media accounts.

LOL at "Kryin' Kenny"...but ironically it was Armando that bugged me this episode. Your dad's not with the program...you need to accept it and move the fuck on. Enjoy your wedding with the relatives who do decide to show up.

I am guessing that this is all set up for maximum drama and his dad does show up "unexpectedly" at the wedding.  Tears all around!!

And speaking of mother-son relationships: Mama Sumit is enjoying the hell out of herself, isn't she? She's like: well, damn, I had 3-4 days of diarrhea and I STILL GOT SHIT DONE...AND I can do back bends AND clean out my sinuses with some rubber tubing!

She really is having fun, isn't she?  I am looking forward to her one-on-one conversation with Jenny next week (although since Sumit will have to translate, he will probably water it down a bit.)  I am guessing she will lay it all out and really tear Jenny apart in a final blast to drive Jenny away.

I couldn't care less about Cory and Evelin.

Likewise.

She really has all the power.  Watching her face while Corey is pleading with her, you can tell she is thinking about how best to take advantage of her position.

Edited by treeofdreams
  • Love 15
22 minutes ago, greekmom said:

So..... so far in the season.. most disgusting thing Matt Sharp has exposed us to?

1. Jenny's kitchen

2. Victor's chin beard

3. Ellie forehead

4. Ari's face in the talking heads

5. Sumit's parents flossing their noses

6. Kenny crying ever damn scene

7. the thing that is SteVen

8. Corey's penis soup

9. <fill in the blank> 

Ellie making pizza without a hairnet.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I wish Jenny would tell Mr. & Mrs. Sumit, "Up your nose with a rubber hose" ala John Travolta/Vinnie Barbarino - see Welcome Back Kotter catch phrases to all the youngsters we have in the audience.

Don't forget about Horshack.  Yes I watched that show, too!  Mr. Kotter was.....overinvolved as a teacher.  Just sayin'.........

(Yes I know it was a show, lol.)

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I wish Jenny would tell Mr. & Mrs. Sumit, "Up your nose with a rubber hose" ala John Travolta/Vinnie Barbarino - see Welcome Back Kotter catch phrases to all the youngsters we have in the audience.

Re her multiple cases of diarrhea Fonzie could tell her to “sit on it.”

• LOL 10
  • Love 1

The situation with Alina and Playa SteVen is not age related. Just a right to privacy. I am appalled at the demands some of them make.

Seriously, would you delete your social media accounts because your girlfriend or boyfriend demanded? Or allow them to go through your cellphone? 

Edited by ethalfrida
Clarity
  • Love 7
11 minutes ago, ethalfrida said:

Seriously, would you delete your social media accounts because your girlfriend or boyfriend demanded? Or allow them to go through your cellphone? 

Once you're asking for that... it's already over.  I have better things to do than worry about what is going on in my partner's phone

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
27 minutes ago, ethalfrida said:

No. I use it mostly to tell high school friends happy birthday (I'm nearly 50).  But if he's using it to pick up girls, he'll just use something else.  This is a pyrrhic victory at best for her.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

, do we know if Sumit practices yoga like his father does? Does Sumit get Indian Husband Lessons?

I don’t know if Sumit already does yoga, but he should’ve been up there on the roof either teaching Jenny or learning himself.  If she “has to” do it, he should too.    And he definitely needs lessons of some kind, maybe Adulting Lessons!  

• Love 12
1 hour ago, treeofdreams said:

Where are you watching this?

They have those on the discovery app.  What they do is take the scenes about one couple from multiple episodes and string them back to back.  Sometimes they run them on TLC at random times as well.  They are called Journeys.

• Useful 3

Areola and Baby - the difference between Areola's talking heads and her footage is striking. I hope she's not going to develop scurvy or something from malnutrition. And that baby is EVERYTHING. I love him.

SteVen & Alina - "Yeah, I'm asking my 'girlfriends' to come over and spend the night, but I'm going to make it all up to you by giving you this girly book of mormon with my bullshit excuses written on the inside cover. All better, right? Thanks, babe!" Also, does Alina own another dress? Also, if I never hear SteVen sing again it won't be a day too soon. I don't buy his 'choking up' during his song or his crocodile tears one bit. He's a narcissistic scammer and ... RUN, ALINA. FUCKING JUMP OFF THAT BOAT AND SWIM TO CYPRUS, FOR FUCK'S SAKE. JFC they are both so idiotic.

Scary Hair and Viktor - outside of her lording over her financial support of him every 7.5 minutes, I feel bad for both her and Viktor. They're both in a difficult spot, even though Scary Hair has made her own bed. Speaking as someone who's had half of her home taken out during a hurricane, I think Scary Hair should be letting Viktor do his thing and helping where she can - not complaining, just doing the small things and letting Viktor fix the structural things. Hang up the damn wet clothes and get them out of his way, etc. and so on. Also, is it just me, or is Viktor's germ-ridden chin dangler changing styles? I don't remember it being poufy in places. 

Kenny Big Tears and Armando - As much as I have loved Armando's dad, it sucks that now he's not willing to attend the wedding. Kenny Big Tears was right in having Armando call him, and Armando was kind in saying that his place would be there (well, OK, a little emotional blackmail there 😈). But Armando acting like "OMG he'll never have this chance again! It's not like I'm going to get married ever again!" Yeah, buddy, that's what your dad probably thought about your FIRST wedding, so...

Jenny and Sumbitch - oh, my god I can't. The gender roles and expectations that Sumbitch's mother was laying down were completely archaic and disturbing. Bitch, this is NOT a martyr contest. I don't care if you're shitting your brains out and still able to clean two entire households, cook for 17 people, and then fuck your husband three times that night, it doesn't make it RIGHT. Jenny was a trooper attempting the backbend even if she wasn't puking and crapping the night before. 

Corey and Evelin - they are why FF was invented.

Edited by lightninggirl
  • LOL 5
  • Love 11

Corey and Evelin: The spin cycle. Maybe time to call it a day, contact the lawyers, and work out what sort of financial split you two can have. I wouldn't put up with Evelin's demeaning behavior to me. I'd admit to cheating while we were broken up and I'm not sure that is even cheating since it was sort of over. He is never going to make her happy unless he has more money in his account. She did look a bit haggard but maybe that is for show. Not invested in these two. 

Ellie and Victor: Girl, you are only there as a walking ATM. Unless you can do construction and repair, stay away. You should not have come until maybe 3-4 months later, after the house had been fixed up. And you should not be bankrolling the repairs without a contract that he will pay you back or that you will be added to the home as part owner. Bye bye money. I wouldn't live in that house. Don't like the semi ladder to the upstairs. Ellie, you can do the clothes and little things and leave the fixing up to your 'fiance'.

Kenny and Armando: The wedding planners should be making notes or have some sort of recorder hooked up. Ukrainiian weddings in small towns can start a reception at 6 pm and have it go til 3 am or til the booze runs out. A sunset wedding is not impossible and things would need to be moved up a bit so the party starts at say 5 pm and they have the 15 minute ceremony at 7 pm. Since they are paying for it, the wedding planners should have some sort of spreadsheet with things listed, venues sourced out, rentals sourced out, etc.  Armando, your dad does love you and is taking small steps that he can handle. You may not get him at the wedding with bells on his toes. Give him the time and space. Chances are that he will attend. You are his son and he is proud of you. Pride goes a long way.

Ariela and Bini: What does she expect him to do for 2 months while she is gone? Sit around and wait for the phone to ring with more demands for him? The outpatient hernia repair could have been done in Ethiopia weeks ago. The time away did give her the time to get some fillers, maybe get some meds to lose some weight (there is a noticeable difference in the talking heads and footage). The family is now talking to her, guilting her every move, you've had your fling and now you have your baby, blah blah blah. Maybe the sisters or the nanny or whoever did turn him in thinking they'd be doing him a favor. However, he still does have a kid with Ari and some sort of custody or other arrangements need to be made if things go south. So what if Bini goes to the club once a week or spends time with his friends? By now, he should realize that he should be finding more local women and not women who can pack up and move half a world away. Ari, you just can't make edicts about your fiance's behavior. Ordering someone around does not work.

Jenny and Sumit: So Mama Sumit is still alive and kicking after 5 bouts of diarrhea? Jenny may have eaten some dodgy food, had a norovirus, or was faking being sick so she wouldn't have to deal with Mama Sumit. Mama Goldilocks Sumit didn't sleep well, and woke up unhappy. Maybe tell Jenny what the schedule is. If I have a stomach bug, the last thing I would do is get up, cook a meal for others that made me sick and possibly make them sick. Sumit can surely prepare breakfast for a day. I also certainly wouldn't be up for a yoga session. Some basic stretches would be fine - for a newbie. If Mama Sumit was a yoga teacher, she would not spring advanced moves on anyone. It takes time to get to that point. And then make Jenny even more sick with the nasal flossing. I'd have upchucked on Mama Sumit. We did not need to see that. It disrupted my dinner and wasn't expecting that just before 7 pm my time. And then offering the cord to Jenny. Barf barf barf. I'd then have told Sumit it was over and to move back in with his parents.

Steven and Alina: What a great idea to have a stash of gifts available when you mess up and think it would be a nice gesture to continue to string along this poor girl and rope her in to making an important life decision when she does not have all the facts to make one. Nothing is free and all things come with a price. Whether Alina recognizes that. Behaving like a boor, being clueless, being disrespectful is okay as long as you have a gift distraction. Alina, that is what you are in for. Bad behavior but getting a gift when you call him on it. The Book of Mormon is not a gift - just part of the sales job to get you in to the church/cult. There is nothing pretty about it, including Steven's little poem. Chances are that it goes to a lot of girls and has been recycled many times. Plus the idea to get ice cream. Not asking you what you want.

No idea if Steven actually cancelled his social media accounts or just deleted the apps from his phone. They are still there and can easily be added to the phone again. If you have to ask about the social media stuff, there is no trust in the relationship. Would anyone see anything interesting on my accounts? Probably not. Steven will lie and lie and lie and lie. If he gets caught, have a nice gift. The marriage proposal was cringe-y, but if he went to all that trouble, saying no would have been odd. You were too easy to manipulate. A grand gesture that someone who is a hopeless romantic would do. He isn't though. Steven is quite calculating. He can play piano, he can speak Russian, but there needs to be a level of maturity that is lacking. And at 20 years old, you have so much life ahead of you, Alina. Time to experiment, try new things, meet new people, finish your studies. Why tie yourself down to this guy? He isn't a prize. Time is running out for the wedding so you can move to Russia where he will do whatevere. Has he talked about any kind of job he will get? Good luck to you, because you are going to need it. Marriage means a long time for a lot of folks. I'd give it a year or two max.

• Love 10

So, now only do I think SteVen is absolutely trying to manipulate Alina, I think he is also trying to become famous.  He seems to view himself as quirkily special and endearing.  He is very purposeful in his actions and never ending wordiness.  Trying to touch her hair, placing his hand on her arm, ice cream, singing (I totally fast-forwarded and they showed it twice [the rehearsal and the performance]).  Even back when he jumped in the pool, etc., he seemed so proud of himself.  I dare say he thinks the audience will fall in love with him, and wow is he in for a surprise.  And, although I am amazed by how Alina is falling for his act, I don't really feel sorry for her as he  continually exposes who he really is and she has some realization of it but chooses to stay with him.

It was so telling when Ari accused Bini of never asking how she is that she yelled that at him right after he asked her how she was doing.  Ari is using everything she has to justify not returning to Ethiopia.  Remember when she said Janice could be a neutral intermediary for them?  Well, we now know the extent of Janice's neutrality as she did everything she could to get Ari to decide to stay (including determining that ALL medical needs would take place in the U.S.).  And Ari is so very sure of her own rightness that she never sees her actions as anything except right and perfect (including begging Leondro to stay with her when he was leaving).

I know that people love them but I am so over Armando and Kenny.  Armando's father showed real love to his son when they were visiting, but I guess it's never enough.  The father seems like he is very uncomfortable in crowds and on t.v., so maybe attending one of his son's weddings seems to be enough to him.  Oh, and Kenny, what if you scheduled a sunset wedding and it rained or was cloudy?  Maybe my dream is to ride a unicorn down the aisle.  Sometimes we don't get what we want.

I so fast-forwarded so much of Jenny and Summit.  It's not entertaining to me to watch Jenny try yoga or the entire nostral cleaning adventure.

Oh, and as always, I just fast-forward through Corey and Eveline.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12