Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E10: Stop The Excuses

• Start Topic

21 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

Back in late 2018, a lot of people at my church, who were friends of mine on Facebook, did not like some of the things I was posting at the time on certain events in politics. They were shaming me and humiliating me for it. One of my church friends asked me to see the pastor for advice and “counseling”. I was a Sunday school teacher and worked for him, so he knew me very well. When I brought up the issue to him, he immediately told me, “I think those people are right. That is not the behavior that we want to see in a Sunday school teacher. I’m sorry, but you’re gonna have to step down from this position.” I was just so embarrassed and frustrated. I remember crying to my husband on his shoulder afterwards. I went to church less and less after that to only listen to the sermon in the main sanctuary. And eventually, I stopped going altogether.

You are better than me.  I would have left that day, never come back and would have given everyone the middle finger on my way out.

• Love 3