Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 10/25/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, KittyQ said:

I am not a Facebook apologist, but I think that many people, including the hosts on the View have little idea how difficult it is to go through all the content on a site like Facebook. Automation is a big help, but there are limitations to that as well, because even the best algorithms miss nuanced or deliberately obfuscated material. Consider that FB is used globally, so any content management has to deal with multiple languages (and the cultural norms related to them). 

The problem isn't so much that they can't do it it's that Mark Zuckerberg doesn't want to do it.  As Sara said he wants FB to get even bigger.  My opinion is MZ finds any criticism of FB as simply people not understanding what he says FB is meant to be.  For years he kept saying FB was way to bring people together.  If he still continues to believe that he is delusional. If he can't see the disinformation disseminated on his platform is causing so much damage to society he is either blind or complicit.  

Edited by ifionlyknew
  • Love 14
7 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I feel like Gretchen Carlson hasn't added anything to the show either day, even when Joy was off. Which means, if they're hoping having Joy off will help the try-outs find their footing or whatever, so far the mission has failed. It's a shame, because Carlson's probably the nicest and most genuine of the guest co-hosts. I'd much rather have had someone like her than most of the others who've tried out.

Sunny looked very nice today, imo. I don't really care how the women look either way, but I read so many negative comments about how Sunny looks that I thought I should compliment her when it applies. For me, less is more. The black she was wearing made her lipstick and earrings pop, and her hair looked really pretty, too.

I think for the hosts who get multiple days to test. they need to test them one day with Whoopi as moderator and one with joy. Joy does a much better at giving others time to give their full thoughts. its just different situations. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 6

I remember when Katie and Matt were on watch what happens live and they asked her what annoying habit did Matt have.  Her answer was him pinching her butt.  Yeah okay.  Just out of curiosity does anyone really think someone will answer yes I always knew what was going on.   
   Katie did a lot of back peddling.  At least it seemed that way.   She made Sarah uncomfortable and made Sunny ready for a fight.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, tribeca said:

Katie did a lot of back peddling.  At least it seemed that way.   She made Sarah uncomfortable and made Sunny ready for a fight.  

Sara has been very open about her battles with depression and anxiety. I wonder if TODAY exacerbated them - and if seeing Katie brought it all back. I would not bet against Sunny in a fight. I love her hatred of injustice and her compassion for those wronged.

• Love 20

I know it was meant to be light and funny but I did not like the way Sunny mom-shamed Sara about the corn maze.  There is a big difference between corralling 3 preschoolers (one still in diapers) and letting your 2 teenagers (one college bound) roam around while you enjoy a glass of wine.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

I know it was meant to be light and funny but I did not like the way Sunny mom-shamed Sara about the corn maze. 

I was thinking about that earlier.  It seemed Sunny was trying to be jokey about it but Sara I think was still feeling what had happened.  I've said before Sunny can have a very smug attitude when comes to certain things.  Parenting being one of them.

11 hours ago, catlover79 said:

Sara has been very open about her battles with depression and anxiety. I wonder if TODAY exacerbated them - and if seeing Katie brought it all back

The camera wasn't on Sara but when Katie said something like NBC or the Today show had a very permissive environment Sara could be heard saying oh yeah or something like that.   Wouldn't surprise me at all if Sara saw something or experienced something during that time.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ifionlyknew said:

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Sara saw something or experienced something during that time.

Everyone at The Today Show knew what was going on regarding Matt Lauer.  And because Matt allegedly brought in ratings (that, of course, has been disproven), the producers were okay with his behavior, which meant everyone else had to be okay with it.  Kathy Griffin used to joke about it in her act.

• Love 7

Aww, I wish Sunny had talked more about banning Beloved in VA. There is some interesting backstory to that.

Ha!  I said “book deals” out loud the same time as Ana. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Rightside said:

Why does Sunny always seem to have an attitude when she reads the "legal notes"??

Just read them, it can't be that difficult. Or let someone else do it.

I generally like Sunny, but I do not like the way she reads legal notes either. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, MMEButterfly said:
2 hours ago, Rightside said:

Why does Sunny always seem to have an attitude when she reads the "legal notes"??

I generally like Sunny, but I do not like the way she reads legal notes either. 

Let's get a table and order some appetizers because I agree.  She makes light of them.  Yes we know most of it is just denials of wrongdoing but they need to be read as to avoid any possible lawsuits.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Rightside said:

She has simply read them.  Seems recently, depending on what the note is about, she adds some attitude.  There was one (or an opposing statement) a week or two ago that she said sarcastically…can’t recall what it was about but her tone did fit the situation.  

22 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

There was one (or an opposing statement) a week or two ago that she said sarcastically…can’t recall what it was about but her tone did fit the situation.  

It was something involving 45.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Rainyhawk said:

She has simply read them.  Seems recently, depending on what the note is about, she adds some attitude.  There was one (or an opposing statement) a week or two ago that she said sarcastically…can’t recall what it was about but her tone did fit the situation.  

I have a couple of theories - she wants to convey her disdain for whatever the legal note is about or, to be a bit kinder, she wanted someone else to do it and was refused so she's determined to make reading these notes into a joke. Neither theory reflects well on her, in my opinion. For someone who frequently reminds viewers of her legal background, you'd expect her to have a little more respect for even these kind of CYA notices.

• Love 8
54 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

I have a couple of theories - she wants to convey her disdain for whatever the legal note is about or, to be a bit kinder, she wanted someone else to do it and was refused so she's determined to make reading these notes into a joke. Neither theory reflects well on her, in my opinion. For someone who frequently reminds viewers of her legal background, you'd expect her to have a little more respect for even these kind of CYA notices.

Agree! 

She constantly reminds us a million times that she is former federal prosecutor. But she is so unprofessional reading a legal note because she doesn't agree with it.

• Love 5

I'll be a party of one then and say I love the way Sunny reads the legal notes. I think it started because Whoopi was annoyed one day she had to read a legal note about something or other where it was obvious the person was lying, so then Sunny started to put on when she'd have to read certain statements, everybody laughed, and then she kept doing it that way. I guess I don't mind because I think it's sad that shows are required to read legal statements and throw in the word "alleged" nonstop these days because everyone's trigger happy with lawsuits now.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I'll be a party of one then and say I love the way Sunny reads the legal notes. I think it started because Whoopi was annoyed one day she had to read a legal note about something or other where it was obvious the person was lying, so then Sunny started to put on when she'd have to read certain statements, everybody laughed, and then she kept doing it that way. I guess I don't mind because I think it's sad that shows are required to read legal statements and throw in the word "alleged" nonstop these days because everyone's trigger happy with lawsuits now.

Make it a party of two. She reads the serious legal notes normally. The ones that are obviously false and utterly ridiculous - if I were Sunny, I'd read them the same way.

• Love 14

Forget Sunny’s reading of the legal notes; Whoopi can’t seem to read the introduction to ANY topic lately without laughing, trying to suppress laughter or bungling a name or other word.  It’s not cute or funny when it happens every damn day.  Just read the teleprompter and introduce the topic.  And I know she has reading issues; but then they should find a workaround.  She’s paid millions of dollars to do this - 4 days a week. 🙄

• Useful 3
  • Love 18

The work around would be her taking enough interest to review the topics before the show instead of going in cold. I think her laughter is her way of covering up that she can’t read the teleprompter. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8

Drew Barrymore was nice. Since they gave up on journalists doing it after Meredith for some reason, I always thought Drew would be a nice moderator when Whoopi's time is done. I know she has a talk show now but those syndicated shows don't last too long. cough cough Meredith, Katie, Harry, Queen Latifah, Anderson etc etc.

Edited by Buckeye71034
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I'm sorry but 45's dancing will forever crack me up. I loved Joy's imitation of it. 

I was more tickled by that first guy. He was really, really into it. And George W. Bush really took me out! 🤣 I was never crazy about him as a president, but I find him hilarious when he's joking around. He seems like he would be a lot of fun at a party.   

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, A.J. said:

I was more tickled by that first guy. He was really, really into it. 🤣 

The first guy was the Democratic gubernatorial candidate from Virginia - whose name Whoopi messed up at least three times today!

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Rightside said:

Because she likes to show her bias.

I noticed she didn't read them with attitude on Monday re the Rust/Alec Baldwin shooting, so apparently she can read them stoicly and with some professionalism. (Baldwin is probably a "friend of the show.")

• Love 3
On 10/26/2021 at 10:19 AM, sugarbaker design said:

I don't know why.  Sexual harrassment and dating someone younger than you are two totally different things.  Not even close.  Not even on the same planet.

I know they are two totally different situations, believe me I have handled them when I worked for a global corporation.  Few women were in top seats in the hallowed section and they measured their responses to what their fellow horn dogs were up to as to what fall out they would receive if they decided to report such activities.  Katie admits to gunning for her female competition and I don't think she is the type to support the hunted staff over her buddy Matt who seemed to have an in with the top brass for far too long.  It is every woman for herself at that level.  Sara probably had good reason to look nervous sitting next to her at the table.

Sorry if I offended anyone but I have seen the seedy side of this behavior and the psychology in the decision makers responses before 2000 was demoralizing.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

About billionaires complaining about taxes, I love what Elon Musk said about how when they run out of money the government will come for us.  Um, Elon, they already do come for us. We’re making up the difference for what you won’t pay.

Joe Manchin may be out of touch but Kristen Sinema is a piece of work.  And she always looks like she’s on her way to a barbecue.

A good friend of mine had the election sign in her yard vandalized. It supported the Dem school board candidates in her district. Instead of backing down she cleaned it off, hung it higher, and put a spot light on it.

Oh, I’m so glad Sunny brought up that VA mother that objected to Beloved. Guess what that poor, traumatized child did after graduating. He interned at the WH for trump. Mom had no problem with her delicate baby working for someone of that character. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Useful 1
  • Love 17
19 hours ago, Haleth said:

The work around would be her taking enough interest to review the topics before the show instead of going in cold. I think her laughter is her way of covering up that she can’t read the teleprompter. 

I have always thought the same. The laughter is definitely a tell that she can't read it. 

I'm loving the show without you know who. I don't need another cohost. Bring in Ana a few days and stick the regular hosts. Whoopi who is my least favorite is best when not there😉, seriously,  it used to bug me when she didnt add anything to a topic but im fine with it now. No need for faux wisdom from Whoopi . I know Sunny get tons of negative feedback on here but I think she's the smartest one at the table. She's always prepared and I appreciate that.  Joy & Ana are the best. Sara is sweet even if she can get on my nerves lol. We dont need another host.

Edited by Cozytea
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, KittyQ said:

Re: Taxes - I hope that everyone on this panel is paying their fair share of taxes, without resorting to the tax avoiding strategies that the billionaires use. 

They actually talked about that on the show before a few years ago. I believe Joy has said she doesn't have a problem paying her taxes. Whoopi, on the other hand...

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

They actually talked about that on the show before a few years ago. I believe Joy has said she doesn't have a problem paying her taxes. Whoopi, on the other hand...

Yes.  Whoopi has a huge problem with taxes and bike lanes.  Life is hard.

• LOL 14
  • Love 2
37 minutes ago, geekburger said:

I may have missed it but did Whoopi not do a promo for “Behind the Table”? Is it cause it’s Jed? She was clearly never a fan but some of us were!

Yes they did it yesterday i believe.  Sara and Jed i think it was

• Useful 1
5 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Yes.  Whoopi has a huge problem with taxes and bike lanes.  Life is hard.

Remember, she's seeing things in reverse, so whatever tax amount she's showing, she's seeing it doubled.  Which would drive me bonkers. Which is why we have professionals lol

8 minutes ago, Buckeye71034 said:

no it was Sunny and Jed. Sunny says her and Jedediah are still very good friends and talk often. 

Oh that's right.  Knew it was one of the two.  Ok i think my tablet is trying to take control.  As i was fixing mistakes it kept inserting the word 'best', as in 'Knew it was one of the Best two'  and i wasn't doing it.  Spooooooooky 

The costumes are cute but they didn’t stay in character long.

Joy would have been better as Maria von Trapp.

My husband and I are going to be Bernie’s mittens at a party tonight. 😊

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4

I always get a kick out of the Halloween show.....loved Ana as "Evita" and Sara looked so pretty and Sunny looked glamorous.  I guess Whoopi wanted a costume that she could sit down in(her sciatica must still be bothering her).  Rikki Lake looked cute & wearing the original dress from the movie!  Rikki's documentary sounds interesting.

• Love 8

I actually liked the costumes this time, they all looked cute. Still, the Halloween shows are always boring to watch.

Yeah i don't care much for musicals, so was kind of meh.  Was that Sunny's daughter as the booster shot?

• Love 1