Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 10/4/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

With Joy off, the show felt very cold and sterile, almost like The Talk. Maybe the other women just didn't care for the guest? I do wonder what this show will do if/when Joy ever retires. The only person that's come close to matching the same spark she brings to the show is Ana, who won't be an option for full-time.

Agree!  I’ve said for years once Joy is gone so am I.

• Love 12

Even though I like some of the other women a lot, in particular Sara and Sunny, I do think Joy is the heart of the show and what it's about. When you are with your women friends, you like to laugh and discuss everything. Joy will talk politics, different issues in the culture, and crack jokes. 

• Love 17

Watching now.  Boy!  She’s tap dancing really fast to show how great she was and how she had so much integrity, etc. Sunny was great making her toe the line and sunnys right..she still chose to,work for Darth Vader no matter how much she talks around it.  Loved Whoopies comment too.  And the stock market isn’t the only way to judge economic success, especially since the party she is part of is always against raising wages.  She did, however, have a great pageant wave.  

really threw Grisham under the bus and everyone else who’s written a book.  Shes so ethical? Personally I think the tell all books are helpful to show what was really happening behind the scenes.  

sunny WAS the highlight with her legal statement reading…genius!!

Edited by Rainyhawk
New info
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, General Days said:
2 hours ago, KittyQ said:

It would be good for Sunny to remember that not everyone has to do whatever she would do. 

I don't even know what this means.

What I meant was that Sunny seemed to think that everyone would act the way she would - she wouldn't have taken the job in the Trump administration and she gave the impression that no one else should have, no matter what reasons they had. 

• Love 3

I guess it was the "it would be good for Sunny to remember" bit that threw me. She knows not everyone would do what she would do. That's a common way to address a topic though, speaking from one's own point of view.

Then again, it was pretty much thanks to Sunny that I kept watching. I found it so offensive that The View brought Alyssa Farah on to peddle her b.s. I'm not interested in her using The View to rehab her image.

Edited by General Days
  • Love 18
5 minutes ago, General Days said:

I found it so offensive that The View brought Alyssa Farah on to peddle her b.s. I'm not interested in her using The View to rehab her image.

What I find appalling is someone like Alyssa Farah who worked for a train wreck will be given opportunities that so many other qualified women will not.  Life is definitely not fair.

• Love 21
5 hours ago, Mldyold said:

Well Alyssa Farrah has the pageant look down.   Another Hope Hicks mannequin.  

Yes, hair, contour makeup, earrings, all brought to mind strutting down a runway with a sash, waving at the audience. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I'm finally watching now. Like Sunny, I am not buying this woman's bit at all!! She was fumbling all over herself. No wonder Joy stayed away.

On a shallow note, Sara's hair looked much better today.

55 minutes ago, General Days said:

I found it so offensive that The View brought Alyssa Farah on to peddle her b.s. I'm not interested in her using The View to rehab her image.

Exactly. Isn't that the job of DWTS? 🙄

• LOL 12
  • Love 6

By sunny's response to the Facebook topic, she doesn't understand the issue. Sunny said the FB users should be more responsible.  That isn't the problem.  FB uses algorithms to target people with messages that intend to divide. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Sunny reading those legal notes was the highlight of the show. All they needed was a dramatic musical sting. Was that Sara yawning loudly during the second note? (Sunny was in close up at the time.) Perfect!! 😂

Alyssa Farah needs to join Caitlyn Jenner on the list of people The View should NEVER invite back to the show, ever! No more pundits!! Get a 20-something that is just starting out.

• Love 10

I noticed that Sara, of all people, shut her down in the FB/parents discussion. "Parents don't do anything!" Then Sara brought up the childcare part of the reconciliation bill that has yet to be passed. Thankfully, that's when Sunny got the second legal note.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, catlover79 said:

Oooooh...Chris Hayes just showed the clip of Alyssa Farah flailing while Sunny questioned her...and he is not having it!! Hopefully, Sunny is watching.

I just saw this!!  Chris Hayes tore Farah a new one regarding her efforts to sanitize her image while whitewashing the actions of the Trump administration.   I am not sure if this should go in the View media thread?  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

By sunny's response to the Facebook topic, she doesn't understand the issue. Sunny said the FB users should be more responsible.  That isn't the problem.  FB uses algorithms to target people with messages that intend to divide. 

What fantasy land is Sunny living in when she thinks FB users should do a better job of policing themselves? The problem isn't necessarily the users who are posting inflammatory posts.  It's the users who are sharing and simply reading those posts.   The majority of people now say they get their news from FB.  And we know a lot of that news isn't true. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Rainyhawk said:

really threw Grisham under the bus and everyone else who’s written a book.  Shes so ethical? Personally I think the tell all books are helpful to show what was really happening behind the scenes.  

She really went after Grisham, and it seems clear Grisham lacks integrity. But here is Farrah auditioning for the View, but she won't write a tell-all. 🙄 She is a communications person so she did her best today to use her skillz.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

There is a plethora (I'm looking at you Raven!) of young, literate, liberal comedians who could take Joy's seat.  It might even improve the show.

They should have her for a two day guest host gig. That would be very telling.  I would even go for a whole week. By the end of of it, all is loosey goosey,  mouths open.  Plus she's been married now for a while.  Maybe there's some wisdom in that?  I'm try'n hehe I really am 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, catlover79 said:

Oooooh...Chris Hayes just showed the clip of Alyssa Farah flailing while Sunny questioned her...and he is not having it!! Hopefully, Sunny is watching.

What is he on?  Network or channel.  I would lovel to hear his rant

Edited by ForumLou
Oh ok Twitter
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, ForumLou said:

What is he on?  Network or channel.  I would lovel to hear his rant

The video clip is up at the MSNBC website. I would post the link here myself, but I don't want to get in trouble. 

45 minutes ago, maggiemae said:

I think when Sunny is trying to make her points and dismiss a guest she needs to not do her pouty face. She is a grown woman and a lawyer. Not a 3 or 12 year old or a coy girlfriend later on.

Yes, thank you for saying this. It's pathetic. I like Sunny when she is being a professional. I also dislike how she mockingly reads her legal notes. 

If she just stayed professional she would have way more impact.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Sunny obviously has a problem with the co-host but I don’t think Whoopi is loving her either.

Quite frankly, I don't think they're gonna like anyone who has an opposing view.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, MsTree said:

Quite frankly, I don't think they're gonna like anyone who has an opposing view.

Ana has some opposing views and they like her.  It's not the views of some of the guest co hosts have that are unlikable.  It's some of the co hosts themselves.  

8 hours ago, maggiemae said:

I think when Sunny is trying to make her points and dismiss a guest she needs to not do her pouty face. She is a grown woman and a lawyer. Not a 3 or 12 year old or a coy girlfriend later on.

7 hours ago, bannana said:

Yes, thank you for saying this. It's pathetic. I like Sunny when she is being a professional. I also dislike how she mockingly reads her legal notes.

I don't dislike Sunny but I do dislike how she acts sometimes.  

10 hours ago, bannana said:

She really went after Grisham, and it seems clear Grisham lacks integrity. But here is Farrah auditioning for the View, but she won't write a tell-all. 🙄 She is a communications person so she did her best today to use her skillz.

I have read a lot of the Trump books and Farah is mentioned a lot in them but Grisham almost never is.  Maybe she was too busy writing her book to actually do her job.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, MsTree said:

I've been watching The View for years and they've always had liberal and conservative hosts.  Sometimes there was tension but there was never the kind of atmosphere we had during the MM days.  Even the recent guest hosts didn't bring THAT kind of over the top anger into the show.  Opposing views are part of what makes this show, petulant people who can't form coherent sentences are not.

• Love 17

It's her voice especially that's taking me back to the dreaded Jedidiah. Of course, she would be better than she was because, after having served in the Trump Administration, she can't pretend to be something she's not and sell lies the way Bila did. Still, I'd prefer someone else.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, geekburger said:

Alyssa must be the front runner at this point.

I haven't watched, but what makes you think so? Even in the week that the show premiered, Katherine Ham was on for two days in a row.

Have the hosts indicated that this person is being considered as the fifth spot?

• Love 2

ABC wants controversy because that's what gets them attention and hiring this woman would do that for them.  This is the same network that is paying Olivia Jade to dance.  I am sure online comments and reactions are being closely scrutinized to see who garners the most reaction from people.  Call me cynical and jaded because I have become both but I say that the chances of The View hiring someone us long time viewers want or like are pretty damn slim.

• Love 7

Bleh. I remember Nicolle's behavior that season very well and how she played mean girl with and asskisser to Whoopi versus the other two (her last day, she called Whoopi a love of her life or some nonsense, my God). I don't buy anything she said, personally, except that I believe she was intimidated by Rosie O'Donnell. O'Donnell has a NYer personality that if you've never dealt with it, it might make you think she's about to open a can of whoopass on you, lol.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 8
9 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

ABC wants controversy because that's what gets them attention and hiring this woman would do that for them.

I know it gets them attention but does it attract regular viewers?  I guess if the answer to that is yes then we're going to see someone like MM or worse (yikes!) which means this regular viewer will not be watching going forward.

Edited by SusannahM
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

It's her voice especially that's taking me back to the dreaded Jedidiah. Of course, she would be better than she was because, after having served in the Trump Administration, she can't pretend to be something she's not and sell lies the way Bila did. Still, I'd prefer someone else.

Sure she can. And probably would.   Yesterday she said she didn't vote for Trump in 2016.  But she chose to work for his administration.  Because she says out of sense of public service or duty or whatever.  I get the impression she didn't necessarily like the man but liked his policies Muslim ban aside.  We have yet to hear her views on other issues that might put her at odds with the other co hosts.  My opinion is she isn't too far removed from the last co host to sit in that seat just more polished.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

ABC wants controversy because that's what gets them attention and hiring this woman would do that for them.

It's the FB effect. Negativity brings more clicks or in the View's case more media mentions.  But add me to the list of people who will not watch if the new co host is just going to spout garbage and not be able to have a rational debate with a co host who doesn't agree with her.   I watched when Elisabeth Hasselbeck did her conservative Barbie act and I watched when she who shall not be named did  her nepotism Barbie act. I'm not watching a third one.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Not a fan of Rosie O’D, but, didn’t think it was necessary to kind of trash her, Whoopi.

I had the same thought but was not surprised that she would have pulled Rosie into this new interview format.  I feel sorry for Nicole to have to address this question.  Perhaps Whoops new 4 year contract was a little bit of (needless) settling score victory dance.

I like Whoopie as an actress but have been turned off from the get go of her attempts at hosting The View.

• Love 6

I haven't gotten to watch yet, but was Joy back? I hope the ladies are at least somewhat involved in the casting process. Based on yesterday's show, I don't think Whoopi and especially Sunny were for this woman. If she gets the job, then I'm also not going to watch. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

Not a fan of Rosie O’D, but, didn’t think it was necessary to kind of trash her, Whoopi.

How did Whoopi trash Rosie? I'm not watching while Alyssa Farah's on. I wish I'd had the presence of mind not to watch, yesterday.

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, catlover79 said:

. If she gets the job, then I'm also not going to watch. 

I'd already started PVRing and hitting the mute button a lot in the MM days but I was still watching.  If they replace her with this woman I'm not even going to do that anymore.  Clearly, the decision is being made that The View is not about women and their interests and issues anymore and is all about politics.  I can get that elsewhere.

• Love 7

I'm really surprise at how fast the hour goes.  Maybe because theres more time to talk..

Love love love Lithgow.  He is so damned funny.  Followed since I was a kid.  Lets talk 3rd rock.  Omg laughs from beginning to end.  Up to this last comedy.  I cant remeber the name of it!  He was on trial and it was around that. Sherri Shepard was also on the show and she was great too.  There wasnt a unlaughed eye in the house.  Mine was streaming tears so funny. Anyway that other show cancelled after two seasons. Bastards.

1 hour ago, catlover79 said:

I haven't gotten to watch yet, but was Joy back? I hope the ladies are at least somewhat involved in the casting process. Based on yesterday's show, I don't think Whoopi and especially Sunny were for this woman. If she gets the job, then I'm also not going to watch. 

Yes Joy was back wooooo

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

I had to take a phone call. What did they say about Nicolle?

Not much. It was a clip of the podcast.  Anyway she said Rosie intimidated her,  never met anyone like her yada yada.  She did say shes good friends with Rosie P,  very close friends..Rosie,  she said she said shes talked to and is on good terms now.  Course Im paraphrasing but that was the gist of it.  Maybe they could get Lithgow on the podcast. He would be great!

• Love 1

I wasn't able to watch The View as consistently back then, but way I remember Rosie O is if you're a nice person, there shouldn't be a problem. She's strong, but I don't remember her ever being a bully or mean. 

Regarding men doing nudity, I'm with Alyssa. If women have to show their boobs all the time, let's see some dude parts. Only fair. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 6
47 minutes ago, ForumLou said:

Not much. It was a clip of the podcast.  Anyway she said Rosie intimidated her,  never met anyone like her yada yada.  She did say shes good friends with Rosie P,  very close friends..Rosie,  she said she said shes talked to and is on good terms now.  Course Im paraphrasing but that was the gist of it.  Maybe they could get Lithgow on the podcast. He would be great!

The producers are jerks, if they only showed a of clip Nicole talking about being friends with RP now. Nicole and Rosie O are good friends and Rosie O has been on Nicole's show a few times. I haven't watched the show yet or listened to this weeks podcast.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 3