Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 10/4/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, Haleth said:

I had to take a phone call. What did they say about Nicolle?

1 hour ago, ForumLou said:

Not much. It was a clip of the podcast.  Anyway she said Rosie intimidated her,  never met anyone like her yada yada.  She did say shes good friends with Rosie P,  very close friends..Rosie,  she said she said shes talked to and is on good terms now.  Course Im paraphrasing but that was the gist of it.  Maybe they could get Lithgow on the podcast. He would be great!

And this clip isn't new. They aired several clips from their new fangled podcast during the week of their premiere. Hell, they even have the SAME people doing the "America Strong" the two times they've aired it. Unless they've aired it again in the past two weeks?

It features Mark Cuban, Rep. Adam whathisface, the other guest cohost, whose name I'm blanking on.

Granted I haven't watched the past two weeks' worth of shows yet, but I don't understand why some think this twit, Farah has been hired as the fifth co-host. Except for last week, they've had a guest co-host appear two days in a row.

What am I missing or what have I missed?

• Love 4

I got the feeling that while they were polite to her, the current co-hosts don't like Alyssa much, I wonder if that will factor into the hiring decision. Or maybe I'm projecting because I cannot stand her "I was the good person in the Trump White House" attitude.

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And this clip isn't new. They aired several clips from their new fangled podcast during the week of their premiere. Hell, they even have the SAME people doing the "America Strong" the two times they've aired it. Unless they've aired it again in the past two weeks?

It features Mark Cuban, Rep. Adam whathisface, the other guest cohost, whose name I'm blanking on.

Granted I haven't watched the past two weeks' worth of shows yet, but I don't understand why some think this twit, Farah has been hired as the fifth co-host. Except for last week, they've had a guest co-host appear two days in a row.

Hmmm i dont recall any of that. Since shes only been on yesterday and today.  That must have flown totally over my head cz i didnt see.

54 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

. She's strong, but I don't remember her ever being a bully or mean. 

She wasn't on the View but there were a lot of rumors about her not being kind when she took over the magazine that became Rosie.  In fact there was a book, a fictionalized account of it, written by the magazine's former editor in chief.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

RE: the trillion dollar bill discussion - I can understand being frustrated if your Senator doesn't respond to you, but following her into the bathroom chanting slogans is bullying behavior. Maybe the people who are doing it don't like to see themselves as bullies because they feel that their cause is righteous, but it is still bullying.  I think that kind of tactic isn't especially persuasive, either, because it is going to alienate the person you need to change their mind.

Free community college - Joy, not going to college doesn't make you dumb - I know her quip was meant to be funny, not accurate, but the idea that everyone has to have a college degree regardless of the job they are doing has contributed to overwhelming student loans that take forever to pay back. 

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Or maybe I'm projecting because I cannot stand her "I was the good person in the Trump White House" attitude.

She definitely acts like she was above all that "troublesome stuff that happened".   If Trump had won a second term she would probably still be there supporting him.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
17 hours ago, bannana said:

She really went after Grisham, and it seems clear Grisham lacks integrity. But here is Farrah auditioning for the View, but she won't write a tell-all. 🙄 She is a communications person so she did her best today to use her skillz.

I don’t like anyone who worked for Orange guy, but I’m also thinking that she criticized Grisham for not holding a press conference.  And I’m thinking that maybe she didn’t because the only storyline for trump was the “stolen” election and maybe she just didn’t want to have to deal with lying every time?  

• Love 3
1 minute ago, KittyQ said:

Free community college - Joy, not going to college doesn't make you dumb - I know her quip was meant to be funny, not accurate, but the idea that everyone has to have a college degree regardless of the job they are doing has contributed to overwhelming student loans that take forever to pay back. 

It has also knocked a lot of applicants out of jobs they are qualified for except for the college degree that lots of jobs require now.  I am an office manager at a small business. I do not have a degree.  I see job listings for receptionists that require a college degree.  I have seen plenty of people hired at jobs they are unqualified for experience wise simply because they graduated college.  Not everyone is going to go to college.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

She definitely acts like she was above all that "troublesome stuff that happened".   If Trump had won a second term she would probably still be there supporting him.

They were way to soft when it came to her 'interview yesterday .  I forgot who it was but they dug deep in the interview.  They asked about policy and personalities.  I think it was Joy who asked about Kirsh and Ivonka.  They touched on the taxes.  Maybe they're just tired.

• Useful 1
9 minutes ago, ForumLou said:

They were way to soft when it came to her 'interview yesterday .  I forgot who it was but they dug deep in the interview.  They asked about policy and personalities.  I think it was Joy who asked about Kirsh and Ivonka.  They touched on the taxes.  Maybe they're just tired.

It was Sunny who asked about them. Joy was out yesterday.

• Useful 1
43 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I haven't seen (or at least noticed) anyone saying Alyssa Farah has been hired for the fifth co-host spot. I've seen people worry that she potentially could be. I'm worried about that. I'd be worried that Caitlyn Jenner could be too, except I don't think she distinguished herself.

Alyssa Farah seems like exactly the type of "conservative" The View producers can't get enough of, regardless of her history as a disinformation agent. She's young. She's attractive. She's deft at deflection. She's well-spoken. I think Farah has a shot. I think she's desperate to rehab her image, and The View falls for this b.s. every time.

It would defend me to the depths of my TV-loving-soul if they hired her.

Edited by General Days
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
58 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I got the feeling that while they were polite to her, the current co-hosts don't like Alyssa much, I wonder if that will factor into the hiring decision. Or maybe I'm projecting because I cannot stand her "I was the good person in the Trump White House" attitude.

I can't stand that attitude, either. Watch the Chris Hayes clip on the MSNBC website and you'll see he brought up some things that Alyssa conveniently forgot to mention, which I can't get into because of board rules. It would be a huge slap in the face AND a big middle finger to the largely female audience for ABC to hire someone as fifth chair who, as Sunny put it, was a "stormtrooper". 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, KittyQ said:

RE: the trillion dollar bill discussion - I can understand being frustrated if your Senator doesn't respond to you, but following her into the bathroom chanting slogans is bullying behavior. Maybe the people who are doing it don't like to see themselves as bullies because they feel that their cause is righteous, but it is still bullying.  I think that kind of tactic isn't especially persuasive, either, because it is going to alienate the person you need to change their mind.

I"m with Sunny.   You can wait until she comes out the bathroom.  She's going to come out.   

I think the bar has been set so low with the other guest hosts we've seen this season that Farrah just seems like a front runner.   Even if we ignore her role in the previous administration, she was just OK.   She was a little too media trained.   People like the View hosts in part because they relate in some way to one of them.   Farrah so far, hasn't come across as very relatable.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

I don't think I'm sold on anyone as the 5th host yet. I'd rather they just rotate Ana, different conservatives, or celebs as guest hosts. 

They just got back in the studio after over a year of  the"question/answer' format.  Don't add a 5th host now!

I want the old View back for a while!! It is just getting good.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Rightside said:

Don't add a 5th host now!

Agreed. They can rotate guest hosts in for the whole season. With Ana on 2-3 days a week right now as opposed to just her usual Friday, things are in good shape. There's no need to rush things.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Rightside said:

They just got back in the studio after over a year of  the"question/answer' format.  Don't add a 5th host now!

I want the old View back for a while!! It is just getting good.

Agree. I've been loving the show again. My blood pressure doesn't rise, I don't rant on here as much about the show. lol I just enjoy. 

• Love 11

I forgot to mention Whoopi's box! It's nice that it is being decorated and that they are taking ideas. Does a mug go to just the people whose ideas that get on the air, or to all the people who submit ideas? I think everyone who responds should get a mug. I don't think mugs would break the ABC budget. It's not like a car.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, bannana said:

Did Joy call Alyssa "Kristen"? Or did I mishear that?

I think she was referring to Kyrsten (Sinema), the senator who was followed to the bathroom.

To me it sounded like John Lithgow called Alyssa 'Melissa'. So what, who cares? We hope to never see her again.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

IDK. Sunny survived Meghan. Is Alyssa that bad?

I think so.  Sunny is very principled.  Alyssa is not.  I don’t think anyone knew what Meghan was going to be like but I think they have a better idea of what working with Alyssa would be like.

Edited by Axie
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, Axie said:

I feel pretty confident that if Alyssa becomes the new fifth co-host, Sunny will leave.

Sunny's no dummy.  She has a great gig.  She gets paid good money for a couple hours a day sitting at a desk and giving her opinion.  She's not going to be intimidated by some Fox fembot.  She survived MMcC (like RealHousewife pointed out) she could certainly tolerate whatserface.

• Love 10

Good grief. What happened to Sara's hair?!? Looks like something from a Halloween costume. Top part looks like stiff gel overload, back just hanging. Like an accidental mullet. Wonder if that was her idea or some stylist that hates her. Just strange and awful.

Cindy McCain's forehead looks as smooth as a baby's bottom. But on a nearly 70 year old woman. Not good.

Why did they put her as guest host? So far she's hardly said a word.

• Love 2

Sunny keeps quoting the poll that says 70some % of Republicans think trump should be the face of the party, but the sample is less than 2500 people?  I agree with Cindy in not believing it’s the opinion of most republicans.

Sorry, Sunny, you aren’t raising Gabriel anymore. He’s flown the coop. Quit babying him.

Thats ok, Cindy, we’ve wanted to throw Meghan through the door too. Many times. Line forms on the right. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 13
  • Love 7

OK, I think Whoopie lied.  She said she once dated a guy who said, "I didn't know Paul McCartney was in another band."  The I-didn't-know-Paul-McCartney-was-in-another-band quote is something I've heard numerous times over the years quoted by people who want to make a point that someone they know was not familiar with the Beatles.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Love 14
40 minutes ago, seasons said:

Good grief. What happened to Sara's hair?!? Looks like something from a Halloween costume. Top part looks like stiff gel overload, back just hanging. Like an accidental mullet. Wonder if that was her idea or some stylist that hates her. Just strange and awful.

Sara's hair is a mess, yikes!  She is too beautiful to look like that..

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

OK, I think Whoopie lied.  She said she once dated a guy who said, "I didn't know Paul McCartney was in another band."  The I-didn't-know-Paul-McCartney-was-in-another-band quote is something I've heard numerous times over the years quoted by people who want to make a point that someone they know was not familiar with the Beatles.

I think that was in the movie When Harry Met Sally.  Billy Crystal's character was dating a younger woman. When he asked her where she was win Kennedy got shot her response was Ted Kennedy got shot?.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

Sara looks like she got up from the hairdresser's chair mid-color treatment or something. I guess her "real" hair is slicked back with gel and there is a hairpiece in the back?  And yesterday it was a super-blunt bob which I also did not find attractive.

I don't recall Sara being so opinionated last season.  I wonder if that is her thing now, since MM is gone.

• Love 1

Another thought about "free community college" - we have free elementary and secondary education and that has deteriorated, especially recently. Do we think that free community college would end up better in the long run? 

I think improving the public educational system that exists now would be a better place to start.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, debbie311 said:

I don't recall Sara being so opinionated last season.  I wonder if that is her thing now, since MM is gone.

Sara just read from a script on the telepromter last season. I think the producers are trying to make her more relevant. It does seem she has been coached a bit on what to say on air.

• Love 1

I agree with Whoopi about polling. One downside to polling is that there's no guarantee that whoever is answering the poll questions either a) understands the question and context or b) is telling the truth about their opinions (possibly in an effort to "please" the pollster).

On a slight tangent - I  wonder how many times a call from a pollster gets ignored because people get so many "spam" calls that they have chosen to ignore calls from unknown numbers. (At least that's what I do, so I've probably missed many polling calls! :-) )

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

I think now it would be more like, "Who's Paul McCartney?"  My personal experience (years ago) going out with a much younger guy involved realizing that he had only seen Star Trek  reruns on TV.

• Love 4

Well there’s something wrong with me because the story of Megan . getting thrown through a screen door was satisfying. I agree she didn’t add much but a drastic contrast to her daughter which is ok because no one has stood out as possible fill in. I’m all in for skipping a 5th panel member and occasionally have a guest sit at the table. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Rightside said:

I'm not fan of Sara, but she did have a point about the free community college tution.  Sunny got my nerves and has been ever since this new season started.

I thought Sara sounded ridiculous.  Free community college is a good thing, it would benefits many young people.  Kids that come from money  are not going to community college.  They will be attending the schools they do now. Having free community college will help kids who thought CC wasn't even an option for them.

Edited by Cozytea
  • Useful 2
  • Love 16
3 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

I don't know if Whoopi said it or not, but the joke during the '80s ended with "I didn't know PMcC was in a band before Wings".

1 hour ago, KittyQ said:

My personal experience (years ago) going out with a much younger guy involved realizing that he had only seen Star Trek  reruns on TV.

Star Trek classic or Star Trek: Next Generation?

43 minutes ago, Cozytea said:

I thought Sara sounded ridiculous.  Free community college is a good thing, it would benefits many young people.  Kids that come from money  are not going to community college. 

That's because Sarah was being totally ridiculous!  Rich kids are not going to go to community colleges.  This is the vapid Sarah that comes out from time to time when she isn't reading cue cards.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, debbie311 said:

It is not just Sara, they have all become very forceful with their opinions.  Sunny pushes back in an aggressive manner now, Whoopi can't seem to shut up, Ana is even more outspoken with her opinions and Joy smiles more.. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 2
  • Love 9