Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 10/4/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

39 minutes ago, Mrs Huffnagle said:

I loathe Barbara Corcoran.  She is always so competitive with other women, especially those who she perceives as powerful.  She must be so damned insecure to be that way.  Good on Anna for clapping back.

Do not come for Ana! You will regret it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

Wow!  I also gasped when I heard Barbara say that too! Incredibly rude!  I used to think she was ok, but then she started doing the cougar thing on Shark Tank, practically drooling on the younger, good looking guys who were there to pitch their products.  She's made more than one suggestive comment.  Not ok.

• Love 12
23 hours ago, BeeBop88 said:

They don't like her because not only did she work in the Trump administration but she has different views than they do. I like Whoopi and Sunny (although there are times Sunny can get on my nerves) but I really think that Sunny in particular is not fond of diversity of thought. I am a liberal democrat  but like hearing what people on the other side say, if they are rational.

The difficulty is finding one who's rational/not a trumper.  And if they're rational or anti trump then conservatives say they're not real Republicans--a la Ana.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 10/4/2021 at 1:57 PM, catlover79 said:

On a shallow note, Sara's hair looked much better today.

On 10/4/2021 at 1:02 PM, General Days said:

Indeed, she obviously hadn't washed it in a week or more!

On 10/2/2021 at 4:07 PM, athousandclowns said:

Very strange / confusing because her page gives link as first spouse Joseph Behar 1963-81 and when you hit the blue link takes it to him.   First hit just googling his name shows his picture announcing his death and shows spouse  as Joy Behar and daughter Eve.  
It comes up on several unknown sites that way.   I did think his age was out of range. I guess I can’t believe everything on internet. 

I was married to a minor celebrity, and six other women (none of them me) are ID'd as me in red carpet photos.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
On 10/2/2021 at 4:07 PM, athousandclowns said:

I did think his age was out of range. I guess I can’t believe everything on internet. 

Yes, whoever this person was, he was only 17 at time of death, so this all seems unlikely.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, debbie311 said:

Wow!  I also gasped when I heard Barbara say that too! Incredibly rude!  I used to think she was ok, but then she started doing the cougar thing on Shark Tank, practically drooling on the younger, good looking guys who were there to pitch their products.  She's made more than one suggestive comment.  Not ok.

Barbara seems like the type of woman that likes to compete with other women to make herself feel good, those are the worst..

• Love 7

I remember that Tums commercial!! I had no idea that Joy was the waitress. Sara and Sunny loved every minute of it!! 😂😂😂😂😂 Whoopi would probably be happy to know that I've never seen Theodore Rex. 😂😂😂😂😂

I don't watch Shark Tank, but Barbara drove me nuts when she competed on DWTS. Fortunately, she was either the first or second voted off. She definitely stuck her foot in with Whoopi. Whoopi looked genuinely startled at Barbara's crack and Ana never missed a beat. Go Ana!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
42 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Doesn’t Khloe Kardashian have something to do with the Good American jeans? Did they mention that?

They did. 

All I could think about was Sara's recent fake hair looking like Khloe Kardashian's hair.

On 10/6/2021 at 2:31 PM, nokat said:

You can do the first couple years in a community college and transfer credits. I agree that we all win.

Many middle income people from large families or small towns do this because they can live at home and work part time and figure out what they really want to do with their lives before transferring to a university that specializes in that field. That limits higher tuition and rent to two years.  I'm fine with giving them help - it means more people will be productive & successful & paying higher taxes in a few years.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, Ucross said:

Yes, whoever this person was, he was only 17 at time of death, so this all seems unlikely.

The Joseph Behar that I saw a news articles/ pictures  was 94 years old and was producer / Emmy winner for game shows and soap opera.these article said The View cohost Joy Behar was his spouse. ( where the actual 94 producer was married to one woman 54 years).   I thought 94 was little old for Joy. 
I had to leave during Barbara segment but did see that panel had switched out after commercial and immediately went to positive covid test.  
Geez Barbara admit someone who became successful and so knowledgeable made you dislike her. What a charmer. 

2 hours ago, catlover79 said:

"We'll.be right back. Barbara won't, but we will."

Line of the year goes to Whoopi!!

Very quick, Whoopi! Barbara shouldn't try to be funny because that isn't her wheelhouse.

• Love 8

Ana’s witty clapback at Barbara probably secured her a multi-million dollar, multi-year deal with The View.  It was nice to see her defend a co-worker after such a comment made to embarrass and belittle someone over their weight. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
6 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I’m just glad there won’t be any viral videos of Whoppi or Joy making fun of people's weight. Because I’m sure they never did that. 

Doncha know?  Comedians are exempt from judgment because it's their job to say shocking/funny/outlandish things.  Comedians get a pass. 

• LOL 1
21 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Doncha know?  Comedians are exempt from judgment because it's their job to say shocking/funny/outlandish things.  Comedians get a pass. 

I don't ever recall them fat shaming (jokingly or not) someone to their face. 

Edited by ifionlyknew
  • Love 10
8 hours ago, thejuicer said:

Ana’s witty clapback at Barbara probably secured her a multi-million dollar, multi-year deal with The View.  It was nice to see her defend a co-worker after such a comment made to embarrass and belittle someone over their weight. 

And her witty clapback at Trump Jr!!

PS -Ana looked great yesterday! She was on CNN last night with the same earrings.

• Love 15
7 minutes ago, SusannahM said:

I missed yesterday.  What did Ana say??

After Corcoran insulted Whoopi before she could respond Ana said Whoopi I got this and said to Corcoran Sara Haines and Jill Biden already wore that dress.  Ana was pissed in defense of her coworker and it was glorious to see.

• Useful 2
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

As far as I’m concerned it doesn’t matter if it’s to someone’s face or not. It’s still rude.

Wow. Mario Cantonese?  Where has he been?

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 4
21 hours ago, Axie said:

I liked when Whoopi said, right before the last ad, “We’ll be right back but Barbara won’t.”

Yeah! High-5! You rock Whoopi! Shut that bitch down!  You rock too Ana!  Tagteam ladies!  hahah. Quick thought:  i think she sees herself as a better Susie Orman.  Nope aint gonna happen Babs.

Gosh i have missed Mario!  Not only does he look sharp in a suit, why isn't any PTB getting him in something.  He's mega talented. Been around forever, has had his own cabaret show, i  luv him for sure. And theres the clout haha

Edited by ForumLou
Fixed
  • Love 8
19 hours ago, ginger90 said:

The apology, video:

Why did she choose to wear a jeans bathrobe/jacket out of her vast wardrobe for her "apology" video?  Or did she snag a pair of Whoopi's old jeans backstage to make it? 

I wonder if Barbara was supposed to be back after the break but Whoopi put an end to that (as she should have)?

Edited by deirdra

I don't understand - Mario is going to play a "womanizer" on "And Just Like That?" His character was gay on SATC.  I think I heard correctly because it started the discussion about gays playing straights and is it believable.  Confused.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

Are fat jokes ever nice? Of course not. But there's a difference between saying one period (especially years ago, or at the expense of someone who's a jerk), and making a fat joke about another woman who's done nothing to you right to her face in front of millions when you're a guest on her show. I've heard some funny fat jokes in my life, and it wasn't even funny. 

Mario Cantone is delightful. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, ForumLou said:

Yeah! High-5! You rock Whoopi! Shut that bitch down!  You rock too Ana!  Tagteam ladies!  hahah. Quick thought:  i think she sees herself as a better Susie Orman.  Nope aint gonna happen Babs.

Gosh i have missed Mario!  Not only does he look sharp in a suit, why isn't any PTB getting him in something.  He's mega talented. Been around forever, has had his own cabaret show, i  luv him for sure. And theres the clout haha

I love Mario too. He's on Alec Baldwin's The Match Game often and he's perfect for it. He's alson 100,000 Pyramid show. Hes good on there but he's perfect for Match Game.

I can't believe that Barbra woman thought that would be funny. Unbelievable.  

Love Ana.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

I wonder if Barbara was supposed to be back after the break but Whoopi put an end to that (as she should have)?

Probably not, because after the break they went to the Sunny book segment.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Cozytea said:

I love Mario too. He's on Alec Baldwin's The Match Game often and he's perfect for it. He's alson 100,000 Pyramid show. Hes good on there but he's perfect for Match Game.

I can't believe that Barbra woman thought that would be funny. Unbelievable.  

Love Ana.

Oh I know, he's funnier than hell on MG.  Especially if they pair him with someone who can keep up next to him.

• Love 4
On 10/4/2021 at 11:00 PM, bannana said:

Yes, thank you for saying this. It's pathetic. I like Sunny when she is being a professional. I also dislike how she mockingly reads her legal notes. 

If she just stayed professional she would have way more impact.

Yeah i agree. But my other hand is saying the sitcharoos are so ridiculous that you have to laugh.

Which brings up another issue.  Have you ever noticed when Sunny reads her legal notes....she gets them so fast and  easy, literally seconds so quick, the afterlife scribe isn't even done speaking.  I'm mean what, does it go by flight or something, then they get it.  The note goes through the PR dept, HR dept finally makes it to her room. SO, does that mean its all true?  I mean, are they getting the statements beforehand? And can then form a response?  I don't like it.  retractions are the next day.  Have some respect.

Edited by ForumLou
Fixed again.
On 10/8/2021 at 6:17 AM, ifionlyknew said:

I don't remember Whoopi ever doing it, and Joy not very often either. The only one that comes to mind with Joy is Chris Christie, and I'm not crying any tears for him, SNS. I remember Joan Rivers, another comedian I love, making a weight joke on this show when she was a guest once that made me LOL despite myself (she said Adele looked like she'd been "rolling in the deep, fried chicken"). It's mostly the delivery that determines how mean it sounds for me and also who it's being said about. *shrug*

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 10/8/2021 at 9:23 AM, ifionlyknew said:

After Corcoran insulted Whoopi before she could respond Ana said Whoopi I got this and said to Corcoran Sara Haines and Jill Biden already wore that dress.  Ana was pissed in defense of her coworker and it was glorious to see.

My favorite was her jumping right in with "Now we don't like you anymore." I love Ana.

• Love 6
On 10/9/2021 at 7:49 PM, TheGreenKnight said:

I don't remember Whoopi ever doing it, and Joy not very often either. The only one that comes to mind with Joy is Chris Christie, and I'm not crying any tears for him, SNS. I remember Joan Rivers, another comedian I love, making a weight joke on this show when she was a guest once that made me LOL despite myself (she said Adele looked like she'd been "rolling in the deep, fried chicken"). It's mostly the delivery that determines how mean it sounds for me and also who it's being said about. *shrug*

I think so too.  Joan was from that old skool era of insult comics.  Don Rickles.  I still to this day think he was very harsh.  But honest and said with love lol.  The insult comedy dog is another one

• Love 1