Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 10/4/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

Monday, Oct. 4 – Guest co-host Alyssa Farah, former White House Communications Director for the Trump administration

Tuesday, Oct. 5 – Guest co-host Alyssa Farah; John Lithgow (author, “A Confederacy of Dumptys: Portraits of American Scoundrels in Verse”)

Wednesday, Oct. 6 – Guest co-host Cindy McCain, ambassador to United Nations Agencies for Food and Agriculture; performance from Broadway’s “Six”

Thursday, Oct. 7 – Cast of ABC’s “Shark Tank” Mark Cuban, Barbara Corcoran, Daymond John, Robert Herjavec and Lori Greiner

Friday, Oct. 8 – Celebrating season 25 with a special twist on Flashback Friday; will.i.am (“Alter Ego”)

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Fri sounds… interesting. A twist?  

A former spokesperson for the D1T2xI (Sunny’s favorite description) former president does not sound interesting. Until John Lithgow sits next to her. 

• Love 4
14 hours ago, deirdra said:

Joy's birthday is the same day as mine, Thursday.  Perhaps Mark Cuban will mention it.

Mines tomorrow so I always remember  hers,  plus I love her.  OT but didn’t realize her first husband produced so many shows and died in June.  

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Haleth said:

A former spokesperson for the D1T2xI (Sunny’s favorite description) former president does not sound interesting. 

This is why I'm not looking forward to this week's guest host. 🤮

• Love 5

Add me to the list of not wanting to see this guest host.  We don't need anybody related to the Trump administration.  Also, I have no interest in Cindy McCain because then we have to hear about MM and seriously who needs to hear about her. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
3 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

Mines tomorrow so I always remember  hers,  plus I love her.  OT but didn’t realize her first husband produced so many shows and died in June.  

This didn't sound right to me so I checked and the tv producer was a different Joe Behar.

1 hour ago, Sped14 said:

Add me to the list of not wanting to see this guest host.  We don't need anybody related to the Trump administration.  Also, I have no interest in Cindy McCain because then we have to hear about MM and seriously who needs to hear about her. 

Wouldn't it be great if she isn't mentioned at all?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
37 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

This didn't sound right to me so I checked and the tv producer was a different Joe Behar.

Wouldn't it be great if she isn't mentioned at all?

Very strange / confusing because her page gives link as first spouse Joseph Behar 1963-81 and when you hit the blue link takes it to him.   First hit just googling his name shows his picture announcing his death and shows spouse  as Joy Behar and daughter Eve.  
It comes up on several unknown sites that way.   I did think his age was out of range. I guess I can’t believe everything on internet. 

• Love 2
On 10/1/2021 at 4:17 PM, falltime said:

Wednesday, Oct. 6 – Guest co-host Cindy McCain, ambassador to United Nations Agencies for Food and Agriculture

Why?  I don't need any Meghan updates. I really don't.

Edited by Rightside
  • LOL 6
  • Love 7
On 10/1/2021 at 7:58 PM, SusannahM said:

Having John Lithgow on with a co-host who worked for Trump is an interesting choice.  Definitely will be tuning in to see that one!

Maybe he will do some of his DT doodles for her.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

What a saint Alyssa Farrah is!  She tried to singlehandedly save the country!  Well, God Bless America!  On behalf of Americans no where, thank you!  I wonder if Joy refused to be on the show with her.  Guess we’ll see tomorrow if Joy is still out.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • LOL 18
  • Love 4

Well Alyssa Farrah has the pageant look down.   Another Hope Hicks mannequin.  I went in jaded this a.m. but wondered if there really is someone who thought going to the White House from the Defense Dept. was an act of a patriotism.  She certainly sounded more qualified than any of the other bobble heads who were holding court as White House Press Secretary. 

I am loving Sunny reading the legal slap back  comments so far this morning. 

• Love 13
22 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

What a saint Alyssa Farrah is!  She tried to singlehandedly save the country!  Well, God Bless America!  On behalf of Americans no where, thank you!  I wonder if Joy refused to be on the show with her.  Guess we’ll see tomorrow if Joy is still out.

I wondered if Joy refused (or just called in sick) to avoid the stormtrooper, too.

22 hours ago, Mldyold said:

Well Alyssa Farrah has the pageant look down.   Another Hope Hicks mannequin.  I went in jaded this a.m. but wondered if there really is someone who thought going to the White House from the Defense Dept. was an act of a patriotism.  She certainly sounded more qualified than any of the other bobble heads who were holding court as White House Press Secretary. 

I am loving Sunny reading the legal slap back  comments so far this morning. 

Sunny is in full superstar mode this morning.

I'm wondering if ABC is considering Farah as a new co-host. 

I think two things about this woman:

1. She doesn't seem as bad as Meghan McCain or Kayleigh McEnany.

2. The View has no business hiring or trying out someone from the Trump administration as the 5th host (unless it's one of the very few who took a notable stand of conscience, like Olivia Troye).

Edited by General Days
typo
  • Love 13
21 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Sunny obviously has a problem with the co-host but I don’t think Whoopi is loving her either.

Yeah, when Farah was trying to praise the Trump/Pence economic "success," Whoopi asked her, "But on whose back?"

Edited by General Days
  • Love 19
3 minutes ago, General Days said:

The View has no business hiring or trying out someone from the Trump administration as the 5th host (unless it's one of the very few who took a notable stand of conscience, like Olivia Troye).

If this were to happen I'm out.   I doubt I'd be the only one.  I've been loving the way the show seemed to be back to MY show.  If the focus remains on divisive politics I can't watch.

• Love 17
5 minutes ago, General Days said:

The View has no business hiring or trying out someone from the Trump administration as the 5th host (unless it's one of the very few who took a notable stand of conscience, like Olivia Troye).

Yes!!!! I'd welcome a guest host turn by Olivia Troye.

• Love 10
10 minutes ago, General Days said:

Yeah, when Farrah was trying to praise the Trump/Pence economic "success," Whoopi asked her, "But on whose back?"

Yes. Economic success always seems to be measured by how much richer rich people get.

14 minutes ago, General Days said:

The View has no business hiring or trying out someone from the Trump administration as the 5th host

Pretty sure that would drive away more viewers than it would attract.  See below.

10 minutes ago, SusannahM said:

If this were to happen I'm out.   I doubt I'd be the only one.  I've been loving the way the show seemed to be back to MY show.  If the focus remains on divisive politics I can't watch.

Yes.  It has been so nice without a screeching harpy at the end of the table.  I haven't heard any ratings yet but unless they have completely tanked I think ABC is making enough money off them to continue to let them be the way they are right now.

• Love 11

I'm not sure how they intend to decide who best fits with the group dynamic when they keep having Joy be off for the guest co-host. Like her or hate her, if you want this job, you're going to have to deal with her. If you can't handle it, then this is not for you. I laughed at the fact that it took two segments of the co-host attempting to justify her time in the Trump Administration... Nobody believes you, lady. The only thing worth seeing today's show for were Sunny's legal notes.

With Joy off, the show felt very cold and sterile, almost like The Talk. Maybe the other women just didn't care for the guest? I do wonder what this show will do if/when Joy ever retires. The only person that's come close to matching the same spark she brings to the show is Ana, who won't be an option for full-time.

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I do wonder what this show will do if/when Joy ever retires. The only person that's come close to matching the same spark she brings to the show is Ana, who won't be an option for full-time.

There is a plethora (I'm looking at you Raven!) of young, literate, liberal comedians who could take Joy's seat.  It might even improve the show.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Raven-Symone was a co-host of The View.  On one episode she didn't know the meaning of the word plethora.

I was pretty sure that was you meant because I thought there is no way @sugarbaker design would be advocating for Raven Symone to be brought back.

Edited by ifionlyknew
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

Wow, I didn't think there could be anymore more scripted than Sara during the remote days.

There is! How much time did she spending rehearsing???

• Love 4
40 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

There is a plethora (I'm looking at you Raven!) of young, literate, liberal comedians who could take Joy's seat.  It might even improve the show.

Between the failures of Raven and Michelle Collins I don’t think the producers would try that again. 

• Love 2

I hope when Sunny was a prosecutor she was better able to keep a neutral expression than she did today. That smirk was not attractive and she didn't even pretend to be willing to listen to what the guest host said. It would be good for Sunny to remember that not everyone has to do whatever she would do. 

• Love 3