Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 10/4/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

14 hours ago, Axie said:

I think so.  Sunny is very principled.  Alyssa is not.  I don’t think anyone knew what Meghan was going to be like but I think they have a better idea of what working with Alyssa would be like.

After looking at what Chris Hayes had to say about her I really hope she's not chosen.  Didn't know about her father--you know that she will revert to her truer colors if she has a platform.  As I and many others have said, forget the politico angle and go for the younger demographic.  There are already too many political shows and the View needs to go back to its roots.

1 hour ago, debbie311 said:

Sara looks like she got up from the hairdresser's chair mid-color treatment or something. I guess her "real" hair is slicked back with gel and there is a hairpiece in the back?  And yesterday it was a super-blunt bob which I also did not find attractive.

I don't recall Sara being so opinionated last season.  I wonder if that is her thing now, since MM is gone.

To be fair, it was difficult for anyone to have opinions the past few seasons when you knew you would be yelled at, talked over, demonized, etc by you know who.  I'd keep my mouth shut a lot more as well. 

• Love 16

It's almost as if the producers of the show missed all of the attention that Meghan's hairdos got on social media so now Sarah is being forced to take one for the team and carry on the ridiculousness of it all.  But no, that couldn't possibly be true, could it?  Even though she never ever dared showed up with hairdos like that before.  🤨

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Rightside said:

Sunny got my nerves and has been ever since this new season started.

Sunny’s entire persona changes when she appears on prime time news shows and IMO she has been exuding that persona on The View lately. I consistently have the impression that Sunny is angling for a more serious… mainstream… prime time news job. If so, good for her for going after it but she will be missed if it comes to fruition.   

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

After looking at what Chris Hayes had to say about her I really hope she's not chosen.  Didn't know about her father--you know that she will revert to her truer colors if she has a platform.  As I and many others have said, forget the politico angle and go for the younger demographic.  There are already too many political shows and the View needs to go back to its roots.

I have a feeling she'd be worse than Elisabeth and Meghan if she got the job. We don't need another pundit, but ABC never learns.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

OK, I think Whoopie lied.  She said she once dated a guy who said, "I didn't know Paul McCartney was in another band."  The I-didn't-know-Paul-McCartney-was-in-another-band quote is something I've heard numerous times over the years quoted by people who want to make a point that someone they know was not familiar with the Beatles.

Yes WHoopi lied.  Unless she dates men more than 30 years her junior.  she's 65.  35 year olds know who Paul McCartney is, know that he was in the Beatles, and may not know about Wings.  That is an old joke that's been repeated a million times.  And it was only relevant when Wings was a big thing.

1 hour ago, KittyQ said:

I agree with Whoopi about polling. One downside to polling is that there's no guarantee that whoever is answering the poll questions either a) understands the question and context or b) is telling the truth about their opinions (possibly in an effort to "please" the pollster).

There is also the fact that the exact wording of a poll influences the answers.   For example, if your poll asks "do you agree that women should be in control of decisions about their own bodies?"  you will end up with a different result than if you ask "do you agree that all lives should be protected from conception on?"  If you want your results to be pro-choice or anti-choice, you choose the wording that suits you.  

Meghan used to use "polling statistics"  to argue a point, reading from a card some fact that often didn't address the point she was arguing.   Unless you give ALL the information - how did you choose who to poll?  how many people were polled? what were the demographics of the people who participated?  how many people declined to participate?  what was the exact question asked and in what context?   -  don't report it.  It's not scientific research.   It is pretty easy to set up a poll where you get exactly the result you want, by manipulating who gets polled and how.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Cozytea said:

I thought Sara sounded ridiculous.  Free community college is a good thing, it would benefits many young people.  Kids that come from money  are not going to community college.  They will be attending the schools they do now. Having free community college will help kids who thought CC wasn't even an option for them.

I think the point Sara was trying to make is she felt a compromise could be made to lower the price tag of the bill by not allowing rich kids to have free community college.   The point she is missing is that rich kids don't go to community college therefore any savings would be pretty small, unless she is defining "rich" as mid to upper middle class.   

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Hey now, Princess of Arizona still reigns supreme when it comes to extra hairdos! Sara wishes. 

kc-mccain-hair-comp.jpg?strip=all&qualit

meghan-mccain-hair-6.jpg?quality=80&stri

First row, second photo reminds me of a Pomeranian going to a dog show.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Cozytea said:

I thought Sara sounded ridiculous.  Free community college is a good thing, it would benefits many young people.  Kids that come from money  are not going to community college.  They will be attending the schools they do now. Having free community college will help kids who thought CC wasn't even an option for them.

And community colleges tend to provide education in highly needed professions. We all win.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
10 minutes ago, MMEButterfly said:

And community colleges tend to provide education in highly needed professions. We all win.

You can do the first couple years in a community college and transfer credits. I agree that we all win.

Edited by nokat
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
28 minutes ago, After7Only said:

I think the point Sara was trying to make is she felt a compromise could be made to lower the price tag of the bill by not allowing rich kids to have free community college.   The point she is missing is that rich kids don't go to community college therefore any savings would be pretty small, unless she is defining "rich" as mid to upper middle class.   

I imagine they would use a sliding scale based on the natl poverty levels.  So there's no way their wages would be on that scale, even at the highest level.

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, After7Only said:

Yes, there are some of us who have to struggle to go to college. I grew up on the lower end and got some funding, but that ended. Now that I made it through, I'm happy to pay extra to get others through.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

Yes WHoopi lied.  Unless she dates men more than 30 years her junior.  she's 65.  35 year olds know who Paul McCartney is, know that he was in the Beatles, and may not know about Wings.  That is an old joke that's been repeated a million times.  And it was only relevant when Wings was a big thing.

Agreed.  Snipped for space

The Wings joke is just that.  Its been around forever and everyone knows it. So it would be really easy to convey a translation.  She was trying to make a point, but couldnt think of names. 65.  So she thought up a few to use as examples. Didn't mean anything by it.

I don't think she lied. She telling a story from her past herstory.   At LEAST 25 years ago.  Girl aint  doin stuff now.  Shes a 65! A very young 65.  What now.  Oh ah story, my other  issue with her is

Edited by ForumLou
Added
  • Love 2

I think Sara has been directed to move into “the Meghan role” a little bit and stir things up.  The difference is, regardless of her hair style or what she says, she’ll always be a pleasant, good woman to me, as opposed to Meghan who was like having a daily proctologist appointment.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, catlover79 said:

Here's a sampling of Sara's hairstyles in S25:

The+View+S25E05+2021-09-13-1100+(23) (1).png

20211006_142940.jpg

20211006_143004.jpg

sara-green-knit-polo-dress.jpg

20211006_143045.jpg

20211006_150547.jpg

The View was playing while I was getting a haircut yesterday.  When Sara's image - the one with the severe, blunt bob came on the screen - all the stylists gasped.  Seems there was one longer piece on the inside that was quite a bit longer than the others. And once I saw it, there was no way to 'unsee' it! They were apoplectic!  "Who is the stylist that let her go out!"  "Those are extension!"  "No, that's a wig!"  "I wish I was in the audience and had my scissors!"  "But who let her out there with that piece hanging down!"  It was kind of hysterical, especially since everyone but me was speaking mostly Portuguese.  I was laughing so hard I almost choked!  Those poor, sweet stylists.  And don't get them started on MeAgain's disasters!

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

Anyone notice the stink face that Sunny was giving Alyssa the first day she was there? I thought it was pretty funny. Just a hunch but I think that Sunny didn't like her. But she doesn't like any conservative (being Trump related or not) so I guess it's not a shock that she doesn't think too fondly of Alyssa. I don't think Alyssa got the job. Ha!

Edited by BeeBop88
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
53 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

I think Sara has been directed to move into “the Meghan role” a little bit and stir things up.  The difference is, regardless of her hair style or what she says, she’ll always be a pleasant, good woman to me, as opposed to Meghan who was like having a daily proctologist appointment.

Isn't Sara a liberal democrat? I haven't watched The View that long, but she sounds like one to me. Her views pretty much match everyone else. If she is a republican, she is a left leaning one.

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

The View was playing while I was getting a haircut yesterday.  When Sara's image - the one with the severe, blunt bob came on the screen - all the stylists gasped.  Seems there was one longer piece on the inside that was quite a bit longer than the others. And once I saw it, there was no way to 'unsee' it! They were apoplectic!  "Who is the stylist that let her go out!"  "Those are extension!"  "No, that's a wig!"  "I wish I was in the audience and had my scissors!"  "But who let her out there with that piece hanging down!"  It was kind of hysterical, especially since everyone but me was speaking mostly Portuguese.  I was laughing so hard I almost choked!  Those poor, sweet stylists.  And don't get them started on MeAgain's disasters!

Not gonna lie, I actually liked the bob on Sara. I thought she looked really cute yesterday. I actually like to see different looks, just thought Meghan went overboard. 

I think Sara recently said she's independent. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, nokat said:

Yes, there are some of us who have to struggle to go to college. I grew up on the lower end and got some funding, but that ended. Now that I made it through, I'm happy to pay extra to get others through.

So when free community college law is passed, does that mean people at any age can get free college, or is it just for the kids that are in the 18-20 age group. If free college is just for young people, I see that as age discrimination.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, BeeBop88 said:

Isn't Sara a liberal democrat? I haven't watched The View that long, but she sounds like one to me. Her views pretty much match everyone else. If she is a republican, she is a left leaning one.

I think she’s an Independent.  She’s never seemed left leaning to me.  She has always struck me as apolitical more than anything.  I don’t think she’s terribly interested in politics but I think she’s been told to be more politically aggressive.  At least for now.

• Love 6
On 10/4/2021 at 10:51 AM, Bronzedog said:

Sunny obviously has a problem with the co-host but I don’t think Whoopi is loving her either.

They don't like her because not only did she work in the Trump administration but she has different views than they do. I like Whoopi and Sunny (although there are times Sunny can get on my nerves) but I really think that Sunny in particular is not fond of diversity of thought. I am a liberal democrat  but like hearing what people on the other side say, if they are rational.

• Love 3
On 10/1/2021 at 8:58 PM, SusannahM said:

Having John Lithgow on with a co-host who worked for Trump is an interesting choice.  Definitely will be tuning in to see that one!

It turned out to be  disappointing. In fact at one point, Lithgow was rather pleasant to her, praising her for a question she asked him. I guess he's a sucker for a pretty face. I wanted fireworks and he didn't go there with her. Darn!!   

• Love 1
3 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:
5 hours ago, KittyQ said:

My personal experience (years ago) going out with a much younger guy involved realizing that he had only seen Star Trek  reruns on TV.

Star Trek classic or Star Trek: Next Generation?

Classic Star Trek - this really was years ago! :-)

• Love 2
4 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

The Community Colleges in my state have both academic and technical programs.  Our local college offer degrees/certificates in Automotive, Electrical, HVAC and Plumbing.  Biden's plan does include technical training/trade schools as well as traditional college programs.  It is important to our county's future to have a well trained workforce.  

Exactly! I was waiting for someone on the panel to bring that up, because my state too (Oregon), offers many trade programs in community colleges. If they know a topic like this is going to be brought up, they should do some research before they start discussing it without knowing the facts.

Edited by Kenz
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

I guess I am too shallow but Cindy McCain in the granddaughters birthday picture and Cindy that was sitting at the table today looked like she had aged backwards since the birthday party.   The makeup artist was a magician or the filters on the set are magic!

Yes I am jealous as well as petty for bringing it up!

• LOL 6
2 hours ago, BeeBop88 said:

Anyone notice the stink face that Sunny was giving Alyssa the first day she was there? I thought it was pretty funny. Just a hunch but I think that Sunny didn't like her. But she doesn't like any conservative (being Trump related or not) so I guess it's not a shock that she doesn't think too fondly of Alyssa. I don't think Alyssa got the job. Ha!

Sunny seems to have had a stank face on this week.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, BeeBop88 said:

So when free community college law is passed, does that mean people at any age can get free college, or is it just for the kids that are in the 18-20 age group. If free college is just for young people, I see that as age discrimination.

Good point, because often people are doing night school.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Today 😁

99A1AB51-A58D-434C-8E93-C2AE2AF2D3A7.jpeg

After two days of Alyssa Farah, we deserve Ana!!

I'm still not forgiving them for having Caitlyn Jenner but we've moved on from that!

Now if Sara would stop with the ridiculous fake hair, she might be taken more seriously. It has gotten old now.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Not gonna lie, I actually liked the bob on Sara.

I liked it too. But that is one of those cuts you have to keep maintenance on.  Growing it out won't be pretty.

Sara who I normally like seemed argumentative yesterday.   While I might agree with her that there would be people who could afford community college who would take advantage of free tuition I don't think there would be so many that preventing that would save billions of dollars.  And free tuition would just be for community colleges right?  Not just any college a person applies to and is accepted?  

But I do wonder what would happen if there was free tuition for community colleges and people who can afford to pay to go to college go to four year colleges and what happens in the job market after they all graduate.   Will employers want to hire the person who has a degree from what they consider a better college?  

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, Rightside said:

Now if Sara would stop with the ridiculous fake hair, she might be taken more seriously. It has gotten old now.

I'm more concerned with Sara adopting right wing talking points about free community college.  She's afraid the top 1% will send their kids to free college!  I'd expect SWMNBN to spew that shit.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

And free tuition would just be for community colleges right?  Not just any college a person applies to and is accepted?  

But I do wonder what would happen if there was free tuition for community colleges and people who can afford to pay to go to college go to four year colleges and what happens in the job market after they all graduate.   Will employers want to hire the person who has a degree from what they consider a better college?  

A person can only get an associate degree from a community college.  A person gets their bachelors dgree from four year college.  Those people are likely not applying for the same job, as they have different degrees. So why would the employer care where they went to college? It is apples and oranges.

Now if the person goes to two years at the community college first and then gets their bachelors degree from the four year college, that is where they graduated. Doesn't matter that they went to the community college for the first two years.

Edited by Rightside
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
13 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

I'm more concerned with Sara adopting right wing talking points about free community college.  She's afraid the top 1% will send their kids to free college!  I'd expect SWMNBN to spew that shit.

But if Sara is open to discussing whatever her views are without telling the rest of the panel she's right and they're wrong, I'm fine with that. It's a show about all views; not just one. Twatty refused to listen and deliberately spread misinformation and lies. I haven't watched, so I could be talking out of my ass. Did the others push back? Did they have a civil conversation?

3 minutes ago, Rightside said:

Now if the person goes to two years at the community college first and then gets their bachelors degree from the four year college, that is where they graduated. Doesnt' matter that they went to the community college for the first two years.

This was me. Well, I went to community college the first year because my SAT scores weren't good enough to get to the University. So after the first year, I transferred over with all the credits. Looking back, I'm glad I did--it was a good transition--the size of the classes were just like high school, so I wasn't so overwhelmed with the 100 plus students when I transferred, if that makes sense.

• Love 16
25 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Did the others push back? Did they have a civil conversation?

They did push back.  But there was something about Sara's demeanor that felt off.  It was like she was arguing a different point than Joy and Sunny.  

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

They did push back.  But there was something about Sara's demeanor that felt off.  It was like she was arguing a different point than Joy and Sunny.  

And that's the difference. There was discussion/debate, even though, as you state, Sara was arguing something else. And there was no nastiness. Right?

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And that's the difference. There was discussion/debate, even though, as you state, Sara was arguing something else. And there was no nastiness. Right?

Yes. Sara didn't roll her eyes or call Joy a bitch.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

I didn’t know Joy had acted.

I missed the first segment. Anything juicy?

Sara’s hair looks cute today. That’s the best style for her.

Whoa, baby. Barbara Corcoran makes a joke about Whoopi’s weight and the audience gasps. Thats the last we’ll ever see of Barb. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 9
38 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I didn’t know Joy had acted.

I missed the first segment. Anything juicy?

Sara’s hair looks cute today. That’s the best style for her.

Whoa, baby. Barbara Corcoran makes a joke about Whoopi’s weight and the audience gasps. Thats the last we’ll ever see of Barb. 

But Ana clapped back in spades!!!  Funneeeee!!!

• Love 12
2 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

What is SWMNBN?

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, HerkyJerky said:

What was Anna’s reply? I watched the show & with all the crosstalk I didn’t hear it.

She said the Sara Haines and Jill Biden wore that dress already on tv.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2