Type keyword(s) to search

S7.E09. Sept 21 2021

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, mertensia said:

I have a huge confession to make: I have a crush on whoever does the chyrons. "Tia: Officially over Colton". 

Loved that after the evacuation announcement they just sat there. I sure hope none of them work as first responders.

...and they acted like if they leave the beach of paradise they will never see each other again. So. Much. Drama. They were all going to the same place, just in different vans. 

Then we blinked, and they were back on the beach. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 20
12 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

You know who I'm in love with?  My fast forward button.  During this disgusting taco date between Kenny and Mari (Sp?).  This is disgusting.  Did they even shower first?  Reeetttttttttttch

I must be an old prude, but I find it so boring when some person is there waiting for them on a date, and they do something stupid that involves some degree of nudity. It never seems to come off as sexy, at least not to me. 

I would prefer if they painted, or did ceramics, or macrame, anything.

• Love 16
11 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

Tia, you cannot make a guy “ pursue” you . Especially with a beach full of women.

You can't make a guy do anything. They do what they want. If they don't do something it is because they aren't going to. 

Blake is so sharp (by today's standards) he has never had to pursue any woman. They are all his for the taking. IRL

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

Kenny is in love with taco tits- for now 😏!  He's pushing 40 and looks like cheap 4th of July firework packaging with all of his patriotic tattoos and has two giant stars near his penis- the man is not looking to finance a ring at Zale's anytime soon, Mari! 

I don't find him attractive at all.......... I guess he's too skinny for me, ultimately

• Love 2
3 hours ago, mertensia said:

I have a huge confession to make: I have a crush on whoever does the chyrons. "Tia: Officially over Colton". 

Yes. And Kenny's just says "age 40"

8 minutes ago, TVMovieBuff said:

I must be an old prude, but I find it so boring when some person is there waiting for them on a date, and they do something stupid that involves some degree of nudity. It never seems to come off as sexy, at least not to me. 

I would prefer if they painted, or did ceramics, or macrame, anything.

I agree!  Last night's taco date was especially disgusting.  Get naked in front of a camera crew and someone giving you instructions, and eat food off each other. At least they were already a couple. 

• Love 10
12 hours ago, phlebas said:

it's hard to be sure until we learn about Maurissa's vagina

Oh I think we have enough evidence on that front.

12 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Aaron is the little bitch bag. 

More evidence of Aron's douchiness and general misogyny--that's how you insult a guy, call him a bitch!

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

Kenny is in love with taco tits- for now 🤣!  He's pushing 40 and looks like cheap 4th of July firework packaging with all of his patriotic tattoos and has two giant stars near his penis- the man is not looking to finance a ring at Zale's anytime soon, Mari! 

Thanks!!!  You helped me lose 10 lbs.  laughing at this!  OMG--the giant stars!  🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, chocolatine said:

I never want to eat tacos again.

hahaha tell me about it 😄!  I suffered big time yesterday- I actually made and ate homemade grilled chipotle chicken tacos yesterday for lunch not knowing what my TV viewing future last night had in store! "Great taco?" 🤣

• LOL 7
45 minutes ago, Recyclorette said:

Thanks!!!  You helped me lose 10 lbs.  laughing at this!  OMG--the giant stars!  🤣🤣🤣

Thank you 😄!!! Kenny is certainly a character and his giant star tattoos scream early 2000's MTV TRL rock band! Your profile name is so great by the way- very clever!! 

• Love 5

I like Mari and Kenny as a couple.

Now that Demi is gone, the show is kind of boring. Ivan and Aaron fighting over a girl neighter of them like was pretty lame. That said, now that Demi is gone, we have to rely on Aaron's sometimes witty commentary for laughs.

Sigh.

• Love 2

Maurissa and Riely are only still together because Maurissa was picked over by Demar for a date with Chelsea.  When Riely sees the episode he will see how Maurissa was batting her mile-long eyelashes at Demar.  Pahlezzzzzz!

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Kendall is crying over a man who wears socks with sandals. Gurrrl. If “Joe’s [your] person,” then why didn’t you try to work it out in the year you’ve been broken up? No declarations that she would be willing to go to Chicago to give it another chance—so their big issue that they broke up over is still an obstacle, even if he did still have feelings for her. Poor Ivan. He’s the one I feel sorry for. Any potential connection with Natasha?!

Here come “two thick Christmas hams” slow-mo running into Paradise. Who is Demar? They haven’t even given us a chyron with what season he’s from. I guess the graphics dept doesn’t know, either. I remember Ed from having that late-night date with Harrison when he was looking for Clare.

Demar and Maurissa both only wanted to meet each other?! I suppose they’re another pair who talked in advance? The producers definitely filled them in that Natasha and Chelsea are the most available.

Maurissa is shocked that she only has a physical relationship with Riley after fucking him on day 1–and every chance they can get since.

Mari looks like a half-peeled banana in this date outfit! But as I was typing that Kenny totally peeled his clothes off AGAIN. Ok, show, this shtick is getting old! They’re going to get food poisoning from this melted sour cream.

Oh, James. Tia’s one stoplight is shining red, my dude. Yikes. It’s not the stoplight signal she’s paying attention to!

We got another couple falling in love-and Kenny’s already considering getting engaged. Kenny, a 40-year-old, has NEVER told a human person that he loves them! 

Is there a bird sitting on the boom mic while Riley and Maurissa are talking?! There’s also wind and water rushing and they’re inside. This whole episodes the sound has been bad, but this is the worst. The producers must have told everyone this is I-Love-You week. We got another one! Maurissa went from questioning everything and post throwing it away on Demar to being in love with Riley real fast.

So they evacuated Paradise—except for the sole cameraman left behind to film B-roll footage? Oh, that was uneventful. I guess they didn’t go far. They made it seem like the show was canceled.

All Blake wanted was a conversation—despite the fact that he hasn’t tried to talk to her since their date? Oh, boy. James might be getting that green light after all since Blake just stalled out.

Aaron’s runway walk was pretty cute. He seems petty and annoying most of the time, but he also seems pretty funny sometimes, like “Ivan is having a sad boy summer.” Oh, make that a hot boy summer!! Ivan is stealing your woman! Man, Ivan really slipped under the wire making a move! 

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Kendall is crying over a man who wears socks with sandals. Gurrrl. If “Joe’s [your] person,” then why didn’t you try to work it out in the year you’ve been broken up? No declarations that she would be willing to go to Chicago to give it another chance—so their big issue that they broke up over is still an obstacle, even if he did still have feelings for her. Poor Ivan. He’s the one I feel sorry for. 

LOL! My husband was watching the show with me, and he demanded to know why  I (nor anyone on the show) wasn't talking shit about Joe and his socks/sandal combo. He was like, "You would NEVER let me wear that!"

I said only people as cool as Joe can get away with that look. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, TVMovieBuff said:

Is next Turesday the finale? They built it up, having almost every couple talk about the possibility of an engagement after this,. That might be so we can see it all tumble like a house of cards.

No.  I don’t think we are free till after the following Tuesday 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

I don't know if it's because the participants are boring, or there's no Chris Harrison, but this is the worst season I've ever watched.   And Demi being there and Tia talking about her vagina made matters worse.   

The only thing this season has managed to do is to make me dislike someone I had previously liked, and that's Grocery Joe.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

I don't know if it's because the participants are boring, or there's no Chris Harrison, but this is the worst season I've ever watched.   And Demi being there and Tia talking about her vagina made matters worse.   

The only thing this season has managed to do is to make me dislike someone I had previously liked, and that's Grocery Joe.

Despite his curls and good looks, I'm not a fan of Grocery Joe anymore either.  Joe is 35 and turning down a beautiful, fun and quirky 29 year old skilled taxidermist for a basic, shrill baby-voiced 23 year old.  If I were Joe and had to choose between the two, I'd choose Kendal in a heartbeat- she had me at describing bird mating facts 😆.  Good riddance to the wishy washy socks and sandals man- onward and upward, Kendall!  

Edited by Hip-to-be-Square
spelling
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

I like Mari and Kenny as a couple.

I do too.  Heck, I like Kenny.  Yeah, the tattoos are something and he likes getting naked but he is pretty straight forward and a decent communicator about his feelings and where he stands. 

6 minutes ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

Despite his curls and good looks, I'm not a fan of Grocery Joe anymore either.  Joe is 35 and turning down a beautiful, fun and quirky 29 year old skilled taxidermist for a basic, shrill baby-voiced 23 year old.  If I were Joe and had to choose between the two, I'd choose Kendal in a heartbeat- she had me at describing bird mating facts 😆

I'm not a fan of Joe but he's turning down a woman who refuses to move to Chicago and he has no interest in moving to LA.  It doesn't matter how great they may have been together, they have come to the conclusion that their long term goals are incompatible. Going back to a relationship that ended in an impasse and that impasse hasn't been resolved would just be dumb--for both of them.

• Love 22
10 minutes ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

Despite his curls and good looks, I'm not a fan of Grocery Joe anymore either.  Joe is 35 and turning down a beautiful, fun and quirky 29 year old skilled taxidermist for a basic, shrill baby-voiced 23 year old.  If I were Joe and had to choose between the two, I'd choose Kendal in a heartbeat- she had me at describing bird mating facts 😆.  Good riddance to the wishy washy socks and sandals man- onward and upward, Kendall!  

While I agree that Joe seems like he's with his baby sister with Serena P, it's on him and Kendall that they couldn't work things out.  I can understand if they wanted to remain where they each lived and that's why things didn't work, so it made no sense for her to come on tv trying to "win him back." 

But yeah, good riddance to those sandals and socks!  I've seen guys walking around in them but they are a major turnoff. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, rlc said:

It wasn’t the tacos that nauseated me per se. It was the sour cream. Brings a whole new dimension to ‘do a dollop of daisy’.

hahah gives new meaning to taco tuesday!!

26 minutes ago, call me ishmael said:

Let’s never speak of this again.

I could not stand a season of her odd voice, shes very attractive but has pretty much let it be known she will not move for love.

• Love 6

It's never been my thing to eat food off a partner.  But  whipped cream, chocolate sauce - I can see how someone might do that.   Not sour cream or tacos!   I would have just insisted we keep dressed, and sit down to eat tacos.   If there is a moment that Bachelor in Paradise jumped the shark,  taco tuesday was it.  Not sexy, not appetizing, just gross.

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

Good call, Irlandesa and Crash Course!  I completely forgot that Kendall and Joe lived so far away from each other- if neither of them wanted to permanently move, then it wasn't going to work out in the long run anyway.  

This is what makes this so suspicious.  I don’t have any problem thinking that they still had feelings for each other.  But clearly they had both made it clear that they weren’t going to move to the others city and they didn’t want a long distance relationship.

So either the producers convinced Kendall that Joe had reconsidered or else she thought she might be able to stuff him and keep him in the taxidermy lab.  But it was just unnecessary even by the standards of BIP.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

Grocery Joe looks like a Bassett hound with his face starting to slide off. 
Becca just bugs me so much. Every time she talks, I’m like “you don’t even go here!” At least she talking Thomas off the BIP  market so no one has to be subjected to his pocket full of pick ups. 
Ed is such a bohunk. He looks like a Jersey shore reject with a box of rocks for brains. 

Sorry for the crab session but I was on the phone all day with the IRS and any good will toward my fellow man is flagging. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 9
22 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I would prefer if Chelsea gave the rose to Ivan, and if Tia gave the rose to James, even though I think James might be gay or asexual, not that there's anything wrong with that, thank you very much!

Based on Tia's previous BiP season, I'd say this makes James exactly her type.

6 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

LOL! My husband was watching the show with me, and he demanded to know why  I (nor anyone on the show) wasn't talking shit about Joe and his socks/sandal combo. He was like, "You would NEVER let me wear that!"

I said only people as cool as Joe can get away with that look. 

Socks and sandals is in style these days, as hard as that is to fathom if you are of a certain age like myself.

• LOL 9
13 hours ago, Recyclorette said:

I’m just picturing him walking into a tattoo shop  saying, “I want a star tattoo. But, lots of stars. Lots and lots of stars. Stars everywhere. And behind the stars, I want a background, made of stars. Not just on my arm, but also on my pec and my hips. Just to tie it all together. Go crazy, I promise you, you can’t overdo it on the stars!” 

• LOL 10
12 hours ago, Ciarrai said:

Why is Ed here? He's the most unattractive Bachelorette contestant I have ever seen.

Ed looks like an extra in a mafia movie.  My impression of him is all beef, no brain.  I'll never understand why this bloated look is considered hot.  These guys remind me of cartoon characters (didn't someone mention Popeye?) and those inflatable dinosaur Halloween costumes.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
34 minutes ago, Recyclorette said:

Ed looks like an extra in a mafia movie.  My impression of him is all beef, no brain.  I'll never understand why this bloated look is considered hot.  These guys remind me of cartoon characters (didn't someone mention Popeye?) and those inflatable dinosaur Halloween costumes.  

Ed kind of looks like a brunette Johnny Bravo.

johnny bravo GIF

• LOL 9

I look at guys like Ed and Riley and I see that they've taken bodybuilding way too far and have completely distorted their physiques and possibly their hormone levels with steroids.  When it comes to dating,  I'm not into a heavily muscled look- I'll take a dad bod or a slender and toned look any day. I want a guy who can lie down on the couch with a bag of Doritos, but be able to run after a bus if he needs to!  

Edited by Hip-to-be-Square
spelling
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
6 hours ago, Recyclorette said:

Ed looks like an extra in a mafia movie.  My impression of him is all beef, no brain.  

Listening to Natasha try to sing his praises was comical.  If there was any 'there' there, we sure weren't shown it!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
21 hours ago, Ciarrai said:

Why is Ed here? He's the most unattractive Bachelorette contestant I have ever seen.

It looks like Ed used Smile Direct.  Those aligners close gaps by squishing your teeth towards each other, and thus inward, so the overall effect is that his teeth are too small for his mouth.  I mean, he does have very small teeth, but he looked better with the gaps.  Come to think of it, Natasha has the same kind of teeth, plus the gaps as Ed used to have.  

I wonder if there was anyone in particular that Natasha was hoping would come to the beach.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 9/22/2021 at 8:57 PM, OldWiseOne said:

Based on Tia's previous BiP season, I'd say this makes James exactly her type.

Socks and sandals is in style these days, as hard as that is to fathom if you are of a certain age like myself.

That is very true... the young ones have been doing it for a while, lol.  At any rate, it doesn't bother me on Joe because frankly much of that beach looks gross, and my guess is that he doesn't love having the sand on him all of the time.  Some of them look icky with the dark dirty sand on their feet all of the time.  I kind of think he has the right idea given they sit in that same area all day long.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, alexa said:

That is very true... the young ones have been doing it for a while, lol.  At any rate, it doesn't bother me on Joe because frankly much of that beach looks gross, and my guess is that he doesn't love having the sand on him all of the time.  Some of them look icky with the dark dirty sand on their feet all of the time.  I kind of think he has the right idea given they sit in that same area all day long.

Yeah, I said socks and sandals are a turnoff for me, but now I can understand why Joe would be wearing them on that beach.  I don't like having sand on my feet either. 

• Love 3

Anyone else think “paradise” looks miserable ? 
it looks so hot & sweaty , so many people sharing a room , nothing to do but lounge on a chair all day every day , and just overall not that nice looking . And this season the weather seems especially bad and no one even seems to be in the pool . 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
Just now, Jax7917 said:

Anyone else think “paradise” looks miserable ? 
it looks so hot & sweaty , so many people sharing a room , nothing to do but lounge on a chair all day every day , and just overall not that nice looking . And this season the weather seems especially bad and no one even seems to be in the pool . 

The resort isn’t very impressing either.  Terrible beach.  

• Love 2
On 9/22/2021 at 6:56 PM, Hip-to-be-Square said:

Good call, Irlandesa and Crash Course!  I completely forgot that Kendall and Joe lived so far away from each other- if neither of them wanted to permanently move, then it wasn't going to work out in the long run anyway.  

Serena is not his neighbor either.

• Love 1