Type keyword(s) to search

Cast in other roles: They're Here. They're There. They're Every F***kin Where

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

I'll start.  I knew I recognized Rebecca (aka Hannah Waddingham) somewhere before but it was driving me crazy I couldn't figure it out (I like to try to figure it out before running to IMDB).  All of a sudden it clicked.  12 Monkeys!  I've watched all of the seasons all the way through at least 4 times and it still took me too long to figure it out because of her styling and character being SO different.  I am now a huge fan of HW because she's obviously brilliant!

• Love 1

James Lance (Trent Crimm, The Independent) is still a fine looking man but when he was younger he always played the good looking louche like in "Alan Partridge", "Late Night Shopping" and "Boy Meets Girl". Actually, he played a good looking louche recently in Epix's "Pennyworth". 

Kevin "KG" Garry who plays Paul is on another sitcom - Sky's "Blood". He's so funny. He plays another sweetheart paramedic Darryl who has a ridiculously close friendship with his fellow paramedic Darrell. 

• Love 2
On 9/18/2021 at 11:44 AM, Whimsy said:

I'll start.  I knew I recognized Rebecca (aka Hannah Waddingham) somewhere before but it was driving me crazy I couldn't figure it out (I like to try to figure it out before running to IMDB).  All of a sudden it clicked.  12 Monkeys!  I've watched all of the seasons all the way through at least 4 times and it still took me too long to figure it out because of her styling and character being SO different.  I am now a huge fan of HW because she's obviously brilliant!

She is also one of Jackson Marchetti's mums on Sex Education.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I watch a lot of odd Brit shows on the streaming services, so I knew Hannah from the show Benidorm and Brett from Drifters and Uncle.

Nick has been in a lot of things, including Drifters and The Job Lot.

Harriet Walter has been in a great many other shows. I’ve seen her in Downton Abbey, Call the Midwife, and The Crown, and I’m fairly sure she’s been in at least one Star Wars movie.

Also, Anthony Head, of course, was Giles the Watcher in BtVS, and before that he was in those tea commercials.

Edited by Capricasix
  • Love 4
On 9/28/2021 at 6:29 PM, Capricasix said:

Harriet Walter has been in a great many other shows. I’ve seen her in Downton Abbey, Call the Midwife, and The Crown, and I’m fairly sure she’s been in at least one Star Wars movie.

I first saw Harriet Walter in Strong Poison as Harriet Vane. Edward Petherbridge was Lord Peter Wimsey and I very much enjoyed the adaptations. 

She was also in Law & Order UK. 

• Love 2

Holy cow!  I've been watching a sister-show on Apple, Mr. Corman.  It was only when I saw that it was cancelled did I see that one of the stars was Juno Temple.  I had to go back and rewatch a bit of an episode she was on.  Totally different hair, different accent, seemed like different voice.  I would never have caught that!

• Love 2
21 hours ago, SomeTameGazelle said:

I first saw Harriet Walter in Strong Poison as Harriet Vane. Edward Petherbridge was Lord Peter Wimsey and I very much enjoyed the adaptations. 

She was also in Law & Order UK. 

She was also in Sense and Sensibility, and probably had one of the most high-pitched-spoken lines I've ever heard in film--she screams and lunges at another character, and it was probably a decade before I realized what she'd yelled, thanks to the closed-captioning. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Also, Anthony Head, of course, was Giles the Watcher in BtVS, and before that he was in those tea commercials.

I can’t believe I forgot Jeremy Swift, who played the Dowager Countess’s prissy butler Spratt on Downton Abbey! He’s been a revelation here 😄

• Love 9
7 hours ago, Capricasix said:

I can’t believe I forgot Jeremy Swift, who played the Dowager Countess’s prissy butler Spratt on Downton Abbey! He’s been a revelation here 😄

I LOVE Spratt! His rivalry with Denker was amazing, as was the surprising tidbit that we learn about him.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I was watching Dune and a character spoke, and I was like, "Hold up, I recognise that voice. Is that...?" Did an IMDB check afterwards and sure enough, it was the guy who played Darren, the very large man chasing Beard in 'Beard After Hours'. Way to make an impression, guy! :D

• Love 2

She also played Dasha in season 3 of Killing Eve and is currently in the film The Last Duel. 

• Love 1
On 10/26/2021 at 2:46 PM, Schweedie said:

I was watching Dune and a character spoke, and I was like, "Hold up, I recognise that voice. Is that...?" Did an IMDB check afterwards and sure enough, it was the guy who played Darren, the very large man chasing Beard in 'Beard After Hours'. Way to make an impression, guy! :D

I didn’t catch him in the movie, but I had seen his name in the credits and recognized it from Beard After Hours. I will just have to see Dune again, I guess 😄

• Useful 2

I recognised Phil Dunster, who plays Jamie Tartt, instantly as poor Will Jensen from "Strike Back".  There was the running joke that his name was always being pronounced wrong, it is supposed to sound like "Yensen" but the running joke is that one of the characters (I think the American one) kept calling him "Jensen" even though he knew how it was supposed to be pronounced.

He was in the first season that featured the new cast that included Daniel MacPherson and Warren Brown.  His voice is very different here, so it sounds like he is doing what appears to be a "spoiled rich brat" English accent in this show.

On 9/28/2021 at 5:29 PM, Capricasix said:

She was also (fairly recently) Margaret Beaufort in "The Spanish Princess".  And she was Jamie Dornan's demanding boss in "My Dinner with Herve".  She is everywhere.  She must be one of the hardest working Dames in the entire cadre of actress Dames.

• Love 3

Jason will be playing George Bailey in a virtual table read of It's a Wonderful Life on December 5th. It's a heck of a star studded cast, but the best part may be the inclusion of George Wendt (his real life uncle) as Uncle Billy. Tickets are $25. 

Details here.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 10/27/2021 at 9:27 AM, MicheleinPhilly said:

Harriet Walter has been in a great many other shows.

She's also part of a cool company that does Shakespeare with all-woman casts. I saw her in Henry IV at St. Ann's Warehouse here in NYC. And of course she was Mrs. Churchill in The Crown.

On Friday I started watching the new Apple show, The Afterparty. Sam Richardson, Edwin Akufo, is one of the main characters. Tonight, I’m watching  Bridget Jones’s Baby, and who pops up but Nick Mohammed. He plays someone at the London Media Show that Bridget introduces Mark to as she’s trying to keep him and Jack from running into each other. 

On 10/3/2021 at 6:15 PM, Turtle Wexler said:

I LOVE Spratt! His rivalry with Denker was amazing, as was the surprising tidbit that we learn about him.

Higgins is in the Wolf of Wall Street!  Just caught it last night. 

On 1/30/2022 at 9:47 PM, Turtle Wexler said:

On Friday I started watching the new Apple show, The Afterparty. Sam Richardson, Edwin Akufo, is one of the main characters. Tonight, I’m watching  Bridget Jones’s Baby, and who pops up but Nick Mohammed. He plays someone at the London Media Show that Bridget introduces Mark to as she’s trying to keep him and Jack from running into each other. 

Sam Richardson in Veep and Detroiters!  How could this be the same person. 

Brett Goldstein has been hosting a podcast called Films to be Buried With for quite some time.  Recently I listed to the episode with Toheeb Jimoh which was recorded after S1 finished filming but before it aired.  They were both adorable and so funny.  As Toheeb is like 100 years younger than me, many of his movie choices were things I hadn't heard of, but I'll definitely look up his starring vehicle, Anthony

• Love 2