Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E09: The Last Day (1) / S08.E10: The Last Day (2)

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

Could anyone understand what Jake, Holt and Charles (?) were yelling at her? I rewound three times and couldn't make any of it out.

I didn't get that joke either. Why did she yell they were drinking cement? They weren't. 

That was a call back to The Last Ride (season 4) when Gina is pranking everyone by telling them they are drinking cement. 

I legit teared up when Holt and Jake had their moment. Andre Braugher has an amazing smile. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

Could anyone understand what Jake, Holt and Charles (?) were yelling at her? I rewound three times and couldn't make any of it out.

I rewound it SIX times and couldn't make it out, except for Jake (with the help of CC). He yells, "One, at best!"

13 hours ago, OutOfTheQuestion said:

I feel like Jake's line from Bruce Willis' publicist may have been literally what Bruce Willis' actual publicist told the show about a cameo.

That's what I thought too.

It was a well done finale, even with so many call backs!  Anyone else notice the pigeon mascot poster behind Holt in a few scenes?  Did not miss Gina and would rather have had Kevin instead, but she worked out OK.

I still imagine Jake becoming a writer during his time home with Mac.

Also, I would not be adverse to yearly Halloween heist specials... Just sayin'

• Love 9
6 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I'm also not sure that I buy Jake leaving the force to be a stay-at-home dad. At lot of people guessed that might happen so maybe there were spoilers out there but it feels somewhat out of character to me.

I thought they might have a throw away line that he'd help Rosa out with her PI business since he might have more flexibility about when he'd work. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I didn't get that joke either. Why did she yell they were drinking cement? They weren't

That was Gina's most viral prank on her socials. She kept giving people cement.

The stuff they were drinking last night looked a lot like champagne. Maybe she uses some very finely ground cement... 

• Love 1

Oh man, when Holt said that he would be proud if he had a son like Jake...I'm not crying...your crying...

That was an amazing ending for an amazing show, I will miss this show so much but I am glad that we had such a great run and ended on a high note. I loved seeing so many past characters, even Gina, who I have never been a huge fan of but was happy to see, and so many call backs. Everyone ended in a really good place and Jake leaving to become the kind of dad he never had was a great way to wrap up his arc, everyone got really nice moments together. I never thought that someone saying "movie of your sex tape" would make me tear up. Plus, we got tons of great Jake and Amy moments, which we always make me happy. "I'm so happy your not having sex with Teddy!"

So many hilarious moments, but I think my favorite had to be Holt showing up in Jake and Amy's shower in full dress with the water running. “It’s me, Raymond Holt!”

NINE NINE! 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 20
1 hour ago, tennisgurl said:

Oh man, when Holt said that he would be proud if he had a son like Jake...I'm not crying...your crying

i wasn't crying it was just really dusty in here. (really dusty in here, title of my sex movie)

• LOL 15
  • Love 5

Loved the cameos!  Having one last final heist was the perfect way to end B99.

Thank you, NBC, for giving this show another chance when FOX did not.  And a big thank you to the cast and crew for eight wonderful seasons.

• Love 17

Great finale.  I'm so glad they got the chance to do a real one.

Was never ever a fan of Gina or Pimento, so I was very glad they were in such small doses.

The ending was absolutely perfect.  The tears in Jake's eyes almost did me in.

I'm actually surprised that Bruce Willis didn't cameo.  If you've seen any of his recent movies, you'd know he'll do anything for a buck.

• Love 7

This was really hard and I’m still crying, title of my sex tape. 

I know it’s dumb but… How much money did Amy spend building a fake hospital room inside the precinct? Minus the doctor, he was probably an improv actor just happy to get the exposure. 

Meh on Gina, I guess the character did deserve it as she was an important part of the series. 

I missed Kevin but I guess him and Holt had the best send-off possible. 

All in all, a great series finale, I’ll continue to watch forever. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
12 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

NBC in Canada cut off the ending of the finale for a rerun of SVU.  What idiots.

Quoting myself; it's on YouTube if anyone needs it.

Also, the entire cast was on "Late Night with Seth Meyers" the night after the finale.  That's probably on YouTube too.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 9

Scully's the biggest ball in the sack in Brazil.

Norm's name is Norm?

Heist spy Cheddar.

Needlepoint of a severed arm.

Answer your butt! Speak directly into your butt!

Meh, surprise reveal.

When you're flexing so hard you pronounce Salmon P. Chase's first name like the fish.

Biscuit and Cheddar should get together and have little Cheddar Biscuits. 😉

Pimento! His hair was glorious.

Fancy Bedste Venners!

Amy Mission Impossibled Jake.

Read the room, Caroline Saint-Jacques Renard. Gah.

NINE-NINE!

This was one of the best show finales I've ever watched. Instant classic.

(And I guess Dean Winters wasn't available wasn't available to reprise The Vulture?)

• Love 13
5 hours ago, peeayebee said:

Also, how awesome was Terry as The Kool-Aid Man!

Oh, yeahhhh! Crasha, banga, boom!

Thank you, Nine-Nine. You made me laugh out loud at least once an episode. This finale is up there with the best of them. I have a suspicion that the ending scenes between the actors were not acting. 

Hulu has all the seasons for streaming. I may have to rewatch soon.

• Love 8

I did love that they made the Brooklyn Bridge scene from the opening credits canon. But when Gina came back, I was hoping she'd make a comment about how she was there too, and they'd run the original opening scene. And then maybe Hitchcock and Scully could ask why they were never invited for falafels, and we'd get a typical Hitchcock and Scully reason for why they were away that day.

• Love 7

I had been procrastinating watching the rest of the episodes because I'm bad with endings. If I don't watch a thing, I can pretend it's not over. I know it's weird, but I can't help it for some reason.

Anyway, I watched the last four back to back. This season was a little disjointed for me because the police story lines didn't match the wacky hijinks stories. Ignoring the police-related stories, I really enjoyed this season.

I thought Renewal plus The Last Day was the perfect way to end the season. This cast is amazing, and I'm glad they got to make the show for as long as they did.

image.png.b1a81180032a83b266e479b47cd57185.png

• Love 7
On 9/19/2021 at 9:46 AM, BobH said:

I did love that they made the Brooklyn Bridge scene from the opening credits canon.

One of the bits that made me laugh!

"Have we ever been there together?"  Cut to the Show Opening.......

Add me to the Anti-Gina list. Could have lived without seeing her again.....other than that, perfection for me. I'm gonna miss this show and these characters. It is one of the last scripted network shows I watch. Anyways......

NINE NINE!!!!

• Love 10
On 9/17/2021 at 8:18 PM, charliesan said:

I know it’s dumb but… How much money did Amy spend building a fake hospital room inside the precinct?

I feel like after all the dumb shit Jake has wasted money on, it was her turn ;-p

• Love 12

There was a lot to like about this episode, but I think my favourite bit was Holt's dumb disguise at the end. Because I totally believe that Deputy Commissioner Raymond J Holt would have done at least a few janitor shifts for commitment to the heist (even though it is not like a deputy commissioner would be busy). Plus if he did, it's hilarious that none of the actual detectives noticed it was the deputy commissioner in a bad wig cleaning the station.

• Love 2

Great finale! What fun. I hope Andre Braugher gets recognized at the Emmys next year. He was excellent in this final episode.

My biggest surprise was realizing at the very end that Hitchcock (Dirk Blocker) is Dan Blocker's son! When he was sitting in the chair at the "reveal" I thought, gosh he looks like Dan Blocker (who was my Mom's favorite and yeah, I'm really old). DUH!!! 😂

• Love 3
On 9/16/2021 at 8:28 PM, chitowngirl said:

And Holt has a name for a sex tape! 😆

Of all the LOL moments in the show, this was the LOL-est.  

On 9/16/2021 at 11:27 PM, Mediocre Gatsby said:

When this show started, I didn't know Andy's work very well. I thought at best, the show would succeed if he could surround himself with good actors, like Seinfeld did. Well, Andy's a better actor than Seinfeld, and he surrounded himself with even better people. This show was better than I ever expected 

I remember seeing a promo for the show on a United flight and thinking, Good lord, what has Andre Braugher sunk to?  I tuned in for him and stayed for the ride.  Just amazing work by everyone.

On 9/22/2021 at 5:32 AM, Ms Lark said:

Great finale! What fun. I hope Andre Braugher gets recognized at the Emmys next year. He was excellent in this final episode.

Yes.  Simply the best.

• Love 8

That finale was almost 100 percent perfect, but no Vulture brought it down to 99. See what I did there?! No but for real though, the moment that finally got me was Holt's "Title of your sex movie. Was that right?" Yes. Yes it was. It was perfect.

This is my favorite comedy ever and I loved it from beginning to end.

• Love 8

Loved the fact that amid the many callbacks, we get a call back to the power walk in the opening credits... that was to get falafel. But amid the many good byes, the most moving moment was the reunion of the OTP of the 99 - Hitchcock and Scully (he even left sauce on his collar just for that moment)!

I'm sure the incidence of Stay-at-home dads (pre-Pandemic, at least) is WAY higher on TV than IRL, but it is a mark of maturity that Jake is actually prepared to give up his job for his family (even after, presumably, having been the primary caregiver for the duration of his suspension). Though he hasn't matured that much given he spent thousands on the (not actually) final heist, though at least they got some of that money back as it went to Amy for the fireworks.

Did we know Wunch was dead? Though I suppose having a tombstone doesn't conclusively prove that, as I wouldn't put it past Wunch to fake her death just to prank Raymond.

1 hour ago, John Potts said:

Did we know Wunch was dead? Though I suppose having a tombstone doesn't conclusively prove that, as I wouldn't put it past Wunch to fake her death just to prank Raymond.

I seem to recall he took a selfie with her in her casket.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 6/17/2022 at 11:07 PM, John Potts said:

Yes, we knew she was dead. There was an episode about her death and how she'd planned ahead to screw Holt over from beyond the grave!

• Love 1