Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E04: August 30, 2021

• Start Topic

(Why is everyone posting in this thread when it's the wrong day?  LOL)

Is Noel ever upright?  When he finally stood up and walked around I had the shock of my life.

I was surprised that I really liked Tia's attitude.  She acts relatable and normal.  Not what I expected or remembered from Colton's season.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Kenny actually seems like a really nice guy (and my many accounts he is). He looks like he’d be a fuck boy but he doesn’t act like it.

Becca only got the Bachelorette gig because of the way Arie broke up with her. She’s a big doofus. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 12

Me: Serena is awesome. Joe's a lucky guy.

Also me: I would hip-check Serena into traffic if she got in my way while going to talk to Kendall.

(I know I am likely in a tiny tiny minority here, but Kendall has been my kryptonite on this show from the very first minutes of Arie's season.)

Demi v3.0 can FRO whenever she's ready.  And take Tammy with her.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Kendall looks good and all but then you realize she speaks a mile a minute with zero inflection so you have no idea what she's talking about at any given time oh yeah and SHE'S A TAXIDERMIST 

She also plays ukelele and I can't believe she and Connor missed each other.

• LOL 13
  • Love 6

So boring.  Everyone talking about how Paradise is going to blow up or whatever. Yak yak yak.  

My main take-always: Riley eats cake!!  And does not remember the word “marshmallow.”  

Also, it bugs me that Chase misuses the idiom “smoke show” when he means “smoke stack” as in “smoking hot.”    “Smoke show” means an illusion, like smoke-and-mirrors.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
Just now, Just Carol said:

So boring.  Everyone talking about how Paradise is going to blow up or whatever. Yak yak yak.  

They keep making the castmates say this over, and over, and over again.  And they keep putting Serena Pitt in the Narrator role where she just says "The beach is complete chaos" every 5 minutes.  It's so old already!!!

2 minutes ago, Just Carol said:

Also, it bugs me that Chase misuses the idiom “smoke show” when he means “smoke stack” as in “smoking hot.”    “Smoke show” means an illusion, like smoke-and-mirrors.

I have to say I've heard "smoke show" a lot but never "smoke stack"...... 

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

They keep making the castmates say this over, and over, and over again.  And they keep putting Serena Pitt in the Narrator role where she just says "The beach is complete chaos" every 5 minutes.  It's so old already!!!

I have to say I've heard "smoke show" a lot but never "smoke stack"...... 

“Smoke stack” was used (correctly) on the show “Last Man on Earth.”

• Love 1
8 hours ago, LakeGal said:

I laughed at how Riley and the guys were so obsessed with not getting any cake.  

I think sitting around a campfire while a cake burns in the fire would smell pretty good. 

I hate how the show made it seem like Demi baked the cake, and went to a store to buy a pinata (filled with condoms!) The whole thing had to have been handed to her by the producers. 

Aaron is so ugly when he gets angry.

• Love 9
20 hours ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

I always know that a fight is going to go down when the camera pans to a bird eating a crab!  I hope they Febreze that boom boom room. 

They need to disinfect the boom boom room!  Fabreeze is not nearly enough.

Maybe next year they'll bring Carly back ....give her a chance for a decent guy.

• Love 2

I really like Joe and Serena together and unlike most on this board, I actually think he seems like a lot of fun.  Kendall had her chance, she needs to leave.  She clearly is just looking for more followers and she seemed so rude to everyone on the beach.  I don’t think she’s really there to be a contestant, I think she’ll just talk to Joe and  then leave (hopefully alone).  

I was surprised Becca got so little air time the day after the rose ceremony, it was all about Tia.  Tia seems nice but she almost seems like she is playing the role of a country bumpkin.  I don’t remember her acting like this previously.   And that nose ring has got to go.  I do think Kenny likes her and she is probably the best fit for him out of the  3 girls. Mari is so sullen all the time, she seems like no fun at all and Demi might be a little too fun with some psycho thrown in.  

So glad Karl and Chasen got sent home, couldn’t stand either one of them.  Well played by her.  And Taz needed to leave, she was completely unhinged.  

Edited by Katie111
  • Love 14
6 minutes ago, thejuicer said:

Am I missing something, suddenly Becca is suddenly seen as the most beautiful woman on the island? 

There's all this lore built around her being the first Bachelorette to be on BIP.  Nobody actually cares what she looks like or who she is or what she's like - they just care that she had that title.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Katie111 said:

I really like Joe and Serena together and unlike most on this board, I actually think he seems like a lot of fun.  Kendall had her chance, she needs to leave

I always give the side eye to anyone  who claims to miss someone and wants to reconnect, but only manages to do that on TV. Kendall said she and Joe had been broken up for a year—-she had all that time to contact him privately. So she’s here for TV, followers, fame and the drama.

I like Abigail and Noah but I do think there wasn’t much passion. Hoping they do give it a chance.

Happy to see Chasen and Karl go. I don’t like Deandra’s hair, it’s too much, but I love how she didn’t get swept away by the jewelry and sweet talk. Smart girl.

Ugh Demi. She declares she’s there to steal everyone’s man, but won’t accept it happening to her. Although I am not a Tia fan, I’m glad he went on the date. Mari can eat it because I think Kenny would have stayed with her had she not decided on two sets of rules for them.

I never thought Becca was anything special, but I guess in their world she has panache due to having been a show lead.

Edited by Arkay
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
16 minutes ago, thejuicer said:

Am I missing something, suddenly Becca is suddenly seen as the most beautiful woman on the island? 

Well, she was a BACHELORETTE,  which means any guy she dated will have some attention in the media. Isnt that all they're looking for? PEOPLE magazine, Jimmy Kimmel,  GMA, and so on?

• Love 3

I thought Becca looked terrific tonight but it's all fresh for her while others are beach weary.

I felt like I was watching 3rd graders try to navigate a relationship watching Abigail and Noah try to talk with one another.  I mean, Abigail wanted to take it slow so they're taking it slow but now it's an issue that they're not all over one another?  And I didn't even really get what Abigail was asking of Noah.  I'm not sure he did either.

However, Noah just lounging there and not even really looking at her was also not great.  You can't really connect that way. Nor does it scream "I care about this." 

What are we doing?  I don't know?  What do you think we're doing?  I don't know.  What are we doing....etc.

Deandra giving Ivan the rose was awesome.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 20

If Tia really cares about what her bible study group thinks of her, she's on the wrong show. I do think she's the best fit for Kenny out of everyone he's dated so far. Tia acts like his equal, which neither Mari nor Demi did.

I hate that Aaron got a rose from Becca; I was hoping he'd be off my screen after Tammy zeroed in on Thomas. Deandra was the MVP of the episode though for sending home both of the men who thought they could manipulate her with cheap, hideous jewelry. *And* she gave her rose to Ivan! Smart woman.

5 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Also, I've forgotten but is there any kind of prize to be won at the end of this crapfest?  

There was never a monetary prize on BIP, unless a couple gets engaged, in which case they get a free Neil Lane ring (probably with the same condition as the main show that the ring has to be given back if the couple breaks up within two years). There was a $250k prize on Bachelor Pad, which aired for a couple of seasons before TPTB figured out that enough famewhores will show up even without the monetary incentive.

3 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Kendall looks good and all but then you realize she speaks a mile a minute with zero inflection so you have no idea what she's talking about at any given time oh yeah and SHE'S A TAXIDERMIST 

Thank you! I'll never forget how she made Arie "mount" dead mice on her hometown date. She tries so hard to show everyone how quirky and creative she is. All style, no substance.

3 hours ago, Just Carol said:

Can we please please please retire the words "smoke" and "smoking" as descriptors of women's looks? Those of us who live on the West Coast have to deal with terrible wildfires and smoke pollution every summer. The word "smoke" evokes nothing but dread for me. 

2 hours ago, antfitz said:

Maybe next year they'll bring Carly back ....give her a chance for a decent guy.

Don't even joke about it! She's already had two chances. She's a toxic little twerp.

2 hours ago, TomGirl said:

Did anyone else hear Abigail talking about her “situationship”?  She said it twice.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. At first I thought I misheard but then she said it again. I usually hate it when these people misuse the English language, but "situationship" seems a like clever and fitting description of most of the pairings this season.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 14
3 hours ago, Just Carol said:

"Smoke show" has been common slang to describe a hot woman for almost 20 years. 

• Love 12
6 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I felt like I was watching 3rd graders try to navigate a relationship watching Abigail and Noah try to talk with one another.  I mean, Abigail wanted to take it slow so they're taking it slow but now it's an issue that they're not all over one another?  And I didn't even really get what Abigail was asking of Noah.  I'm not sure he did either.

Right, and Noah says every time he kissed her he got zero response so what does she even want?  

5 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Thank you! I'll never forget how she made Arie "mount" dead mice on her hometown date. She tries so hard to show everyone how quirky and creative she is. All style, no substance.

Perfect description of Kendell.  She's always been very self-consciously on show.  Just like her grand entrance last night.  She has a pretty face but that extra-lean body with no waist to hip curve is not very sexy to me.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, JudyObscure said:

Right, and Noah says every time he kissed her he got zero response so what does she even want?  

Perfect description of Kendell.  She's always been very self-consciously on show.  Just like her grand entrance last night.  She has a pretty face but that extra-lean body with no waist to hip curve is not very sexy to me.

Yes, her grand entrance that ended in "Hi Butthead."

Run, Joe, run.

• LOL 7
  • Love 11

So, they must all shop at the same BIP shop before hitting the beach.  Kendell's red outfit was the exact same outfit that Mari previously wore in green.  And, we already saw a couple of the interchangeable men in the same shirt or shorts.

I think Becca had a special allure because she's a former star of the series, she represented an extra rose so someone else would be able to stay, and she had untainted hair and make-up (i.e. the weather and conditions had yet to work on it).  I thought she looked a bit awkward and all I could think was how she has fallen from lead to one of the many.  I already thought she had questionable taste, but to give her rose to Aaron...(but she had few options-they should have had her go first, that could have really blown some things up).  And, she didn't even get a date card.

Why didn't we get a new "guest host" after the rose ceremony?

This seems to be the trashiest season yet (IMO) and after the stupid "naked" volleyball game I started wondering if in some small way Chris Harrison had actually been the voice of reason behind the scenes.

Oh, and why is everyone afraid of Demi?  So what if she says stuff.  It's like Angela on 90 Day Fiance-why are people afraid to stand up to these people?  Is Demi so popular with the producers that if someone isn't nice to her they will no longer exist in Bachelor Nation?

• Love 11
13 hours ago, SassyCat said:

Oh boy, my fave Noah is seeming like kind of a jerk here to Abigail. She only wants a bit more passion and conversation and he lies there looking into the distance thinking all is well with his lack of effort and laid back non conversation,boring kind of relationship style. Now Abigail is left feeling like its her fault and that she ruined things because she dared to want a bit more than the minimal input Noah seems to think is just fine. 
He's a bore. 

That was such a mess.  I think Abigail is insecure and shouldn't be comparing them to other couples as incessantly as she was.  But you're right, she was well within her rights to ask for more.  I think she might have done better if instead of overthinking it and making it into a subject of conversation, she just kissed him the way she wanted to be kissed and saw where that led.  But that's clearly not her style as Noah's response has made clear.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Arkay said:

Ugh Demi. She declares she’s there to steal everyone’s man, but won’t accept it happening to her. Although I am not a Tia fan, I’m glad he went on the date. Mari can eat it because I think Kenny would have stayed with her had she not decided on two sets of rules for them.

I did think Demi was pretty funny last night.  She was spot on about Tia's tacky jean shorts and the hideousness of the gifts Deandra was given.  I give her points for snark.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I cannot stand Demi's accent, and I grew up in Texas and have heard every variety the state has to offer.  Yes, her voice is like nails on a chalkboard even to a native Texan!  I also hate her pouty lips.  It's like she thinks with her mouth.  Did she ever explain what happened to her girlfriend/fiancee?

I agree with those who think that Raven was putting on a country act.  There was a moment in her one on one date when she was quietly talking, and she did not sound nearly as "country" as she did in the group setting.

Why is Kendall back on this show.  It seemed like she made a clean break with Joe over their geographic incompatibility, but she has to throw a wrench on his relationship.   She seems like a very controlling ex.  Run, Joe.

Edited by nittany cougar
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
21 minutes ago, nittany cougar said:

I agree with those who think that Raven was putting on a country act.  There was a moment in her one on one date when she was quietly talking, and she did not sound nearly as "country" as she did in the group setting.

I think you mean Tia, not Raven? She mentioned on Arie's season that she has a doctorate in physical therapy and lives in a large city. It seems like she's very comfortable code-switching between her "country" upbringing and her current life.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

I think you mean Tia, not Raven? She mentioned on Arie's season that she has a doctorate in physical therapy and lives in a large city. It seems like she's very comfortable code-switching between her "country" upbringing and her current life.

I think the Tia/Raven confusion is so funny!  I've always thought those two were interchangeable.  And aren't they friends or from the same area or something?

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Recyclorette said:

I think the Tia/Raven confusion is so funny!  I've always thought those two were interchangeable.  And aren't they friends or from the same area or something?

They are. Raven introduced Tia to the producers. I think part of the motivation for Tia's "country" act is that TPTB expected her to be Raven 2.0.

• Love 4
40 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

Yes, I meant Tia.  They are so much alike.  I know that Raven is married and has a baby now.  

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, LindaT said:

Where is everybody getting cakes, birthday signs and ugly jewelry?  Is there a Bachelor in Paradise Mart down the beach?  Maybe they can go get another cake for Riley.

I think the one guy (they are all so forgettable i can't think of the name) brought along a Pandora charm bracelet to give to whatever girl he liked. The necklace, cake, and birthday stuff seems to be what the producers decide to give someone in order to stir things up.  Much the same way they have some peoples' exes stashed away to be brought in as soon as a relationship shows signs of being serious. 

• Love 6
48 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

The guy giving that big ole necklace right after the small bracelet was just to "whose is bigger" and cringeworthy. Why would he even do that? It makes him look petty. 

Why?  Because a producer took him aside, said "do you see that dinky little bracelet?  That's not enough to win over a woman like that!  Here, why don't you give her this cheap-ass fake necklace, and show her who's the REAL man!"  

At the same time, another producer put up a condom-filled pinata, and handed Demi a cake, telling her, "make a big production, act like you baked it yourself, but don't let anyone eat any, make sure everyone has time to see it."

And producer #3 takes Mari aside, says "can you believe that?  we made sure there was a cake for his birthday, and there goes Demi acting like it was all her idea!  go show her what you think of her cake!"  

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

RE: Tia

A "china pot"? Really? I'm from the South too, and I've never heard that.  It makes her sound fragile.

But this might give Kenny the chance to be a bull in a china pot.

I HAVE heard it called a "honey pot" which seems no better.  All that's gonna do it ruin Winnie the Pooh stories for you.

• LOL 14
19 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Why?  Because a producer took him aside, said "do you see that dinky little bracelet?  That's not enough to win over a woman like that!  Here, why don't you give her this cheap-ass fake necklace, and show her who's the REAL man!"  

Sure. But he is still in control of the decision. I understand producers try to ramp up the drama but they don't have to agree. He could have said no. 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, phlebas said:

RE: Tia

A "china pot"? Really? I'm from the South too, and I've never heard that.  It makes her sound fragile.

But this might give Kenny the chance to be a bull in a china pot.

I HAVE heard it called a "honey pot" which seems no better.  All that's gonna do it ruin Winnie the Pooh stories for you.

Thanks for explaining this--I couldn't understand or figure out what the heck she was talking about!  😂

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 8/31/2021 at 9:40 PM, SassyCat said:

Oh boy, my fave Noah is seeming like kind of a jerk here to Abigail. She only wants a bit more passion and conversation and he lies there looking into the distance thinking all is well with his lack of effort and laid back non conversation,boring kind of relationship style. Now Abigail is left feeling like its her fault and that she ruined things because she dared to want a bit more than the minimal input Noah seems to think is just fine. 
He's a bore. 

I don't know, Abigail has an extremely flat affect. I've never heard someone make a less passionate speech about passion. If I were Noah, I'd be like "don't tell me, show me." She always seems to be staring into space and hasn't been shown putting any more effort into it than he has, so I didn't really understand what she was talking about. 

They seemed like an ill-fated pair to begin with. Noah came in with that cheesy canned speech about her hearing, seemingly determined to come across like a good guy this time around. They had that awkward date where she was like "I go REALLY slow" and he was clearly like "um, well this is like a 2 week taping, so..." It looked like it was going to be a failure to launch, but they forced it.

Tia being all "private beach my ass there's a whole damn production crew here my clothes are staying on" is actually pretty funny. Almost as funny as those terrible granny panties she's wearing

.She seems very dedicated to that style of shorts, they're not flattering.

But this date really pissed me off. Why does this show think forced (or "encouraged") nudity is appropriate for people who've only just met? Plus, as Tia pointed out, the gaggle of people behind the cameras and the footage that will exist forever somewhere. 

So glad Karl and Chasen got sent home, couldn’t stand either one of them.  Well played by her.  And Taz needed to leave, she was completely unhinged.  

Chasen is the worst, he seems entirely empty behind the eyes (and between the ears). He gave off a vibe of "this one's unattached so I'll get my rose and then see who else comes along" so I'm glad she saw through that and gave Ivan the rose instead. and Karl should have been gone day 1, he is incapable of sincerity and it's uncomfortable to watch.

Kinda funny that Tre decided to quit before he could be sent home. I won't miss him, his eyes freaked me out, he looked like a Teddy Ruxspin doll come to life.

She's exhausting. Always has to have a cadre of hangers-on around her assuring that of course she's better than the other girl. Also, sleeping with Kenny as a way of getting him to like her better than Mari? Super lame and flies in the face of her alleged superiority. 

I cannot stand Demi's accent, and I grew up in Texas and have heard every variety the state has to offer.  Yes, her voice is like nails on a chalkboard even to a native Texan!  

That's because she's putting on a fake voice, it's not a real accent. She lays the vocal fry on thicker during her talking heads and puts some other weird shit on when she's talking to a guy. I don't understand how she can think it sounds sexy when she's had the chance to hear herself on TV multiple times, but that's clearly what she thinks.

Why is Kendall back on this show.  It seemed like she made a clean break with Joe over their geographic incompatibility, but she has to throw a wrench on his relationship.   She seems like a very controlling ex.  Run, Joe.

It extends both of their 15 minutes of fame, so not surprised they're going this route. Joe's smile seemed pretty genuine when he saw her.

and while I think this is nothing more than stunt casting for the show, if it actually was a real attempt to get back together, Joe would be foolish to dismiss that possibility in favor of his 2-week "relationship" with a 23 year old girl. If he doesn't want Kendall back, fine, but it would be ridiculous if it was a case of choosing Serena over her because Serena won't remember his name in a year.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5