Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E04: August 30, 2021

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Recyclorette said:

Thanks for explaining this--I couldn't understand or figure out what the heck she was talking about!  😂

In eighteenth-century England they talked about a woman's virginity by comparing it to "china."  One crack and it is worthless.  (It was a sexist time!).  Alexander Pope's THE RAPE OF THE LOCK revolves around this trope.  So maybe it lasted in the south somehow??

Edited by Alexander Pope
  • Useful 6
1 hour ago, Alexander Pope said:

In eighteenth-century England they talked about a woman's virginity by comparing it to "china."  One crack and it is worthless.  (It was a sexist time!).  Alexander Pope's THE RAPE OF THE LOCK revolves around this trope.  So maybe it lasted in the south somehow??

Good to know!  Tia's accent is so thick, I couldn't even make out what was she calling those privates of hers, so I couldn't look it up!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Alexander Pope said:

In eighteenth-century England they talked about a woman's virginity by comparing it to "china."  One crack and it is worthless.  (It was a sexist time!)

By that logic, the show is just a dumping ground for cracked china pots.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, Alexander Pope said:

When my daughter was little she said "fachina" for vagina. Sounded like fine china, so as a joke, that's what we say. It's your "fine china." I had no idea it was a thing.

• LOL 10

These “smoke bros looking for smokeshows” are already annoying and they haven’t even walked down the path yet.

Kenny                   40

40 Year Old

Precious Ivan must be protected at all costs! Oh, no, it’s the love guru date?! I was going to say this is an awkward first date, but they seem to be enjoying this.

Mari confided in the wrong bitch. But here she is crying that she thought telling Kenny that she wanted to date other people would make him plan something cute for her?! This is where their age difference comes into play. 40 year olds take you at your word, not the 20-something I’m expecting you to read my mind and get upset that you didn’t do so.

Um, is this like 2 days later and Riley and Maurissa still haven’t emerged from the Boom Boom Room?! Oh, here they are. She just hasn’t spoken to Connor at all. Oh, Connor is too busy showing off his fit. Maurissa’s “We’ll see.” Shows she is entirely over Connor, but he does not want to see it. Oh, geez! He was the last to know about the Boom Boom Room! Aw.

Karl got a Pandora bracelet with three charms, and can’t even get 10 minutes to give it to Deandre. 

The cake in the fire wasn’t as exciting as I thought it would be since Kenny and Demi weren’t even there to see it, but I’ll take it.

Damn, Tammy! But I’m giving the side-eye to any adult with a “mortal enemy.”

Why is Tahz freaking out? Just because she doesn’t have enough attention?

Demi and Kenny in the Boom Boom Room?! Guard your baked goods!

This makes no sense for Aaron to confront Thomas instead of Tammy. She’s the one who “betrayed” you.

Riley was really looking forward to his cheat treat.

This episode started with a smokeshow and ended with a shitshow.

Edited by JenE4
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7

Ok, I guess this thread is a twofer.

Tammy’s tears dried up real fast as she jumps on top of Thomas.

The producers really stepped up their game in episode 2 of the week—manipulative cake to manipulative necklace. Loving Noah’s “I got my mom a Pandora bracelet in 2000. They were great then. Maybe they’ll still work now.” Ok, Demi was even funnier, “Poor thing. She’s wearing this ugly-ass jewelry all over her body. Nobody wants that! Spare her.”

Tre, you’re 5 minutes before the rose ceremony. Why not take the rose and see whether your match walks in tomorrow? Tahz, on the other hand, go ahead and leave. You are not stable enough for this experience.

Karl called Becca Becky, so you know he’s going home. Didn’t see that in her palm, huh?

Aaron says, “I get along with everyone here.” Hahahahahaha!

Oh, damn! Deandre isn’t having any of this ugly-ass jewelry or the guys fighting over her! Ivan gets the rose!!

“The only thing worse than Tia’s gaydar is her denim jorts.” I have to say, Demi has officially won me over this episode. 

I’m having deja vu in reverse here—Kenny telling his partner he’s open to going on a date. Will Demi now go sleep with someone else? Will Kenny start crying that he didn’t mean it? And here’s Demi saying she wouldn’t be happy if Kenny went on a date—right after she told Mari they’re all here to date each other, so get over it.

Abigail and Noah’s semi break up conversation is putting me to sleep—and I think Noah himself is barely awake. No wonder why they’re bored with each other. You’re both boring people who can’t even muster up any emotion even during an emotional conversation.

Are we supposed to have forgotten that Kenny pretended to be naked on day 1? But now he’s all demure for Tia’s sake. 

Kendall is still in love with Joe—what a cliffhanger.

• Love 6

I don’t mind Demi. She makes for good tv, which is a lot more than I can say for some of the people on this show (e.g. Abigail and Noah - do they have a personality between them?)

Last season was my first BIP season, and it seemed more to have couples who got together and didn’t switch. I’m liking all the drama of people mixing it up.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, hilaryvm said:

I don’t mind Demi. She makes for good tv, which is a lot more than I can say for some of the people on this show (e.g. Abigail and Noah - do they have a personality between them?)

Last season was my first BIP season, and it seemed more to have couples who got together and didn’t switch. I’m liking all the drama of people mixing it up.

I like Demi for the same reason that I liked Victoria during Matt's season: they skip the niceties and go straight for the jugular, they're refreshingly vulgar and self aware and they make for great shit TV for me.  Demi actually made me laugh when she made fun of the  jewelry Deandra was given and when she said she was "planning the name of her first born child" after she boned Kenny.  Most of the girls and guys on this show are attractive, but have pretty basic personalities- I think the show wouldn't be as exciting without a "villain" like Demi.

Edited by Hip-to-be-Square
spelling
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

I'm not a fan of Demi v3.0.  I thought she was great on Colton's season and was fun on BiP, especially when you put her and Jordan together.

This latest version is just mean, and not funny enough to compensate.  All IMHO of course

Edited by phlebas
  • Love 14

Watched both of these episodes back-to-back. Before I go read a book and try to salvage my last brain cells, here are some thoughts in no particular order:

I wouldn’t have predicted that Kenny would be the trade of the season, but it makes total sense.

Demi is an embarrassing 13 year old girl, and no Demi, your vagina is not made of gold.

Becca- I will give my rose to Aaron because production told me that I must for this free trip and extra camera time.

Producers- stop trying to make Tre and Aaron happen. They are both ridiculous nerds (but not in a good way). Tre at least seems harmless, but Aaron is a creepy, self-important, incel. 

Tia is actually funny, and more likable than I recall.

They are all so young (except Joe and Kenny)!

Abigail- are you really concerned that your seemingly nice and normal relationship is moving too slowly after what, 5 days?

Taj is insane, but I’ll miss her sweaty rants.

Those two guys from Clare’s season that arrived together are a couple, right?

Aaron may well be the stupidest contestant on any of these shows yet. That’s saying a lot.

I’m completely ashamed of myself that I watch, and therefore support, this level of misogyny.

This show would be much better if it was just David Spade and Lance Bass on the beach.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, phlebas said:

I'm not a fan of Demi v3.0.  I thought she was great on Colton's season and was fun on BiP, especially when you put her and Jordan together.

This latest version is just mean, and not funny enough to compensate.  All IMHO of course

Also, I don't remember her voice being as nasally and whiny as it is now.  I guess she thinks it's cute?

• Love 3

I definitely think that Demi puts on a fake voice- when Brendan let her down at the end of their date, her voice immediately dropped and changed to her normal voice which is a deeper pitch without the nasally "sexy baby" type of voice.  I think that Demi is a producer puppet and is mostly playing a character brought on to bring maximum drama, hookups and betrayal.  On a side note, did anyone notice that Tre did the classic Seinfeld George Costanza "Preemptive Breakup" with Tahzjuan? He knew that his days were numbered and  beat her to the punch to have the upper hand!

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

On 9/1/2021 at 3:49 PM, tinkerbell said:

Why?  Because a producer took him aside, said "do you see that dinky little bracelet?  That's not enough to win over a woman like that!  Here, why don't you give her this cheap-ass fake necklace, and show her who's the REAL man!"  

On 9/2/2021 at 11:23 AM, Bobcatkitten said:

Sure. But he is still in control of the decision. I understand producers try to ramp up the drama but they don't have to agree. He could have said no. 

Yes he is in control of the decision.  But the producers really, really get inside the contestants' heads and manipulate them in very persuasive ways for best plot impact.  It's not hard to imagine them also saying stuff like, "You'll be humiliated if she goes back to Karl, but giving her this necklace will save you from that and really make you shine in her eyes."

On 9/1/2021 at 1:53 AM, chocolatine said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one. At first I thought I misheard but then she said it again. I usually hate it when these people misuse the English language, but "situationship" seems a like clever and fitting description of most of the pairings this season.

It's a pretty well-known term.  I first heard it several seasons ago on Married At First Sight.

On 9/1/2021 at 1:02 PM, nittany cougar said:

Yes, I meant Tia.  They are so much alike.  I know that Raven is married and has a baby now.  

In case anyone didn't know, Raven is married to Adam Gottschalk from Rachel's season (13) of the Bachelorette.  They met on BiP.

On 9/1/2021 at 12:47 AM, Ms Blue Jay said:

There's all this lore built around her being the first Bachelorette to be on BIP.  Nobody actually cares what she looks like or who she is or what she's like - they just care that she had that title.

Even though we had seen on the previews that Becca was coming, I thought maybe that was a misdirect, because when Lance Bass was talking, he said things like "Everyone knows this person" and "It will change paradise forever."  Yeah, no.

• Love 3

On 8/31/2021 at 10:21 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

Kendall looks good and all but then you realize she speaks a mile a minute with zero inflection so you have no idea what she's talking about at any given time oh yeah and SHE'S A TAXIDERMIST 

I had really liked Kendall on Arie's (?) season, but the way she toyed with Joe on BiP really pissed me off.  It seems like she buys into a certain intellectualism that she thinks she has, and therefore Joe should have been buying into all the justifying and mumbo-jumbo speak that she had been doing when she was chasing after Leo.

On 8/31/2021 at 10:37 PM, Just Carol said:

Also, it bugs me that Chase misuses the idiom “smoke show” when he means “smoke stack” as in “smoking hot.”    “Smoke show” means an illusion, like smoke-and-mirrors.

On 8/31/2021 at 10:42 PM, Just Carol said:

“Smoke stack” was used (correctly) on the show “Last Man on Earth.”

On 9/1/2021 at 2:31 AM, Irlandesa said:

"Smoke show" has been common slang to describe a hot woman for almost 20 years. 

Yes, it definitely wasn't misused when Chasen said smoke show; it's a very common/ popular term.  And while I'm not familiar with the “Last Man on Earth" show, I am familiar with Urban Dictionary, and decided for fun to look up the definition of both terms.  Let's just say that you do not want to look too closely at the definitions for smoke stack/ smokestack!

• Love 4
On 8/31/2021 at 5:26 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

I don't think Tammy did anything wrong and watching Aaron spin out and spin out over it is hysterical to me

On 8/31/2021 at 5:33 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

I think Aaron is more upset with  “losing face” and not having a guaranteed rose than he is because he really liked Tammy. I do think it’s poor form to straddle and make out with another guy to spite the other one because you know he’s looking. Not a fan of the three of them!

THIS. Tammy can make out with whoever she wants. HOWEVER, when you've been casually dating Aaron on the show and know Thomas and Aaron hate each other, you don't:

1. Grab Thomas and lead him to a make-out couch, walking right by Aaron,

2. Make out with him in front of Aaron, including MOUNTING HIM, then asking Thomas: "Is Aaron still staring laser beams into the back of my head?", making it clear you damn well knew what you were doing.

3. Act innocent to Aaron and say "I don't know how I feel about you both." YES YOU DO. STOP LYING. You wouldn't have dissed Aaron like that in front of everyone if you still remotely wanted him.

On 9/1/2021 at 6:12 AM, seacliffsal said:

So, they must all shop at the same BIP shop before hitting the beach.  Kendell's red outfit was the exact same outfit that Mari previously wore in green.  And, we already saw a couple of the interchangeable men in the same shirt or shorts.

My wife and I have spotted the women wearing necklaces from Nordstrom (because she owns identical necklaces) and men wearing button-up shirts from Old Navy (because I own identical shirts). Tre's blue shirt with the white flamingos? Got one hanging in my closet.

As for the Kenny/Mari/Demi/Tia triangle (quadrangle? whatever): Here's how I see it.

1. Kenny and Mari were dating and making out, blah blah blah.

2. Mari tells Kenny "I want to be able to explore relationships with other guys," which makes Kenny feel like she considers him strictly a backup until someone better shows up.

3. Demi takes advantage of the situation and makes Kenny feel WANTED and DESIRED right when he's feeling jilted and down.

4. Kenny naturally responds to this favorably.

5. Demi takes Kenny to bed and throws herself on him.

6. Once again, Kenny responds as you might expect.

7. Mari flips her shit at Kenny and Demi for no reason. She was obviously expecting Kenny to either wait around whilst she sowed her wild oats, or chase after her madly to "prove" himself, rather than just moving on to the next option (i.e. Demi). Basically, Mari treated the situation like a teenager (i.e. "I'm beautiful and sexy. How dare you not fall over yourself for me?") and Kenny treated it like an adult (i.e. "You don't want me as a first option? No biggie then. Have a nice life. I'm going to look elsewhere.").

8. After her ridiculous tantrum, Mari tries walking back everything she told Kenny. If I were Kenny, the conversation would have begun and ended with "Demi made a nice, sincere gesture with that cake, and you threw it in the fire in a snit. I don't want anyone like that in my life. Goodbye."

9. Tia shows up and shows an interest in Kenny as well. Kenny, who's seen enough of Demi on TV to know she likely sees him as a fling, shows an interest as well since Tia actually seems to be looking for a husband. Kenny knows he's 40 and ain't getting any younger.

10. Kenny tells Demi she's going on a date with Tia. For the first time ever on the Bachelor franchise, Demi drops her guard for a second and we all see that behind her bluster and bravado is a scared little girl who desperately wants to be wanted. Demi's problem is that her highly calculated "Alpha Slut" persona will chase away exactly the kind of man (or woman) she wants and needs in her life. 

Edited by Sir RaiderDuck OMS
  • Love 15