Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E06: Out of the Comfort Zone and Into the Sea

• Start Topic

(edited)

Unfiltered: Jose’, Myrla, Johnny, JOtis

Myrla is feeling muy chula and shimmied her tatas for us in her cute pink dress, pink shoes, pink lips….

Jamie trying and failing in her sizes too small green jacket paired with her too tight too short LBD creeping higher and higher into her lap. She’s all rolled up like an armadillo, sit up straight lady…

Divine Miss M is not wrong to decline to be a dog mom if she is not feeling it, the care of Hype is on Gil.
I was distracted by coveting those Chanel slippers hanging off her toe during their dog conversation while eating chocolate chip cookies.

Gotta hand it to Myrla…she is a open book…rightly proud of her mom and sibs’ accomplishments.

Jose’ is always angling to gloss over the unpleasant and he is not wrong to say no to Rachel’s Switzerland dream when all she is going to ever get out of their marriage is Vegas, NYC and Denver. Dallas will be a bonus.

Who is prouder of their chest…Myrla or Jose’?

Johnny depresses me week after week….Johnny’s giving Bao mixed signals and less than a week in, he making a break for it…

See Johnny run. Run, Johnny Run….

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Yeah No said:

He did say he has a dog walker.  But why he would expect Myrla to walk the dog just because they're married didn't sit right with me.  Suddenly it's too expensive?  Like her time isn't worth money?  She has to work too!  Again, I think he is just messing with her because he knows they are not going to make it.

I hope so.

I was thinking of this in the context of my being matched with someone with a big boa constrictor as a pet.  I might bring myself to live in the same house with the snake (assuming it's in an aquarium), but I just don't like snakes and I'd do what I could to never even look at it, I would prefer not to be in the house if it's slithering around getting exercise (and if I were, I'd insist being behind a closed door and god dammit if you quietly crack open that door and let it in as a joke, it's over), and I sure as hell wouldn't feed it live prey just because the snake's owner had a scheduling conflict.

And I would feel the same way even if I didn't have a job and my time was therefore worth zero.  Myrla doesn't like dogs, no matter how cuddly they are.  I don't like snakes, no matter how clean they are. 

7 hours ago, Yeah No said:

But yeah, the more Gil opens his mouth the more I am kind of forgetting about what a hunk he is.

It started with the name-change thing at the reception, but I kind of gave it a pass.  Now he's saying his compromise will be for her to have an extra long new name.  I notice that he's not suggesting that he change his name, too, so they can have the same extra-long name he thinks she should accept for herself.  So it's not just a matter of their having the same last name, which might, might, be useful for practical matters.

And I'm disappointed by what he says drives his world view, and now he expects his new wife to put up with dog hair all over her expensive possessions and pick up the shit of the dog that's putting all that hair in her world.  And we haven't even gotten to handling money. 

I think what really bugs me is how the "experts" don't respect what the applicants tell them.  In this case, most of them are at least 30, so I would think you could assume they mean what they say when it comes to things like, "Will you change your last name once you get married?"  I can almost see ignoring Myrla's desire for a non-bald man, because physical attraction can be unpredictable.  But for core values and world view, people can change, but they generally don't.  And to match them with someone they clearly clash with on matters like that I find actually insulting. 

And speaking of insulting, I don't want to run the risk of insulting anyone here, but is Jose's credit score really all that great?  Sure, it's as high as it can get, but doesn't that just mean that he has or has had mortgages and loans he makes timely payments on, and that he probably pays off his credit card every month?  In other words, that he lives within his (presumably substantial) means?  Seems to me that should be sort of the baseline, not something to crow about.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, spunky said:

I agree with Myrla, politics is a deal breaker.  Especially if the other person is on the extreme end of the political spectrum. 

Yeah, I still don't like her but I am wholly on her side about politics, as I've said here before. I suspect Ryan feels or has been judged about his conservatism and who he voted for (I wonder if they were instructed not to use names because Brett was dancing around it) because of the way he said "If it matters that much to you, you're not for me." It's good that Brett flagged it, but I am side-eyeing the show for putting them together. It's interesting because Brett is apparently newly woke and engaged in politics, so she might have been able to ride with Ryan if she applied for the show a year ago.

3 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

And speaking of insulting, I don't want to run the risk of insulting anyone here, but is Jose's credit score really all that great?  Sure, it's as high as it can get, but doesn't that just mean that he has or has had mortgages and loans he makes timely payments on, and that he probably pays off his credit card every month?  In other words, that he lives within his (presumably substantial) means?  Seems to me that should be sort of the baseline, not something to crow about.

It's not quite as high as you can get (highest is 850) but it's excellent (anything over 800 is considered excellent). It means he's got a credit history of some length (this is why if you pay off a long-standing loan your credit score usually drops), a history of paying on time, and probably uses 30% or less of his available credit.

I'm surprised Jose and Rachel haven't had sex yet, but him being the one to pump the brakes doesn't surprise me.

• Love 4

Not a chihuahua;  a freeking bull dog.  

My pittie was the sweetest dog you could ever hope to meet. My chi bites.

Is Jose's credit score really all that great?

Yes. It's pretty rare to have that good of a credit score. He did work hard for that.

He did say he has a dog walker.  But why he would expect Myrla to walk the dog just because they're married didn't sit right with me.  Suddenly it's too expensive?

I think he also said that he wasn't sure the dog walker would come to their new home depending on how far it was from the old one. But he could find another. If they had adopted the dog together, that would be one thing but as much as I dislike Myrla, I'm on her side. She didn't want a dog; she told the experts she didn't want a dog and they matched her not only with someone with a dog, but someone who is routinely gone 24 hours at a time. The responsibility for Hype's care is firmly on Gil, in my opinion.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

Johnny depresses me week after week….Johnny’s giving Bao mixed signals and less than a week in, he making a break for it…

Yeah, him telling Jamie O. on Unfiltered that his discussion with Bao about showering was an "argument" was a big red flag for me.  If he thinks that's an argument I'd hate to see what he thinks about a REAL one!!  He then said that his honeymoon was nothing but "arguments".  One thing about this show is that I doubt they would hide any of their arguments from us so I doubt they've had any.  I think he is a closet misogynist - there I said it.  A woman should just be pleasant, agreeable and have absolutely ZERO flaws or he's not on board with her.  Which explains why he's bolted at the first sign of any imperfection in the past.  Even forcing himself into marriage isn't going to make him get over that.  He's starting to look like someone that should have been cast on "Unmatchables".

• Like 1
  • Love 13

I find the name-changing “problem” to be making a mountain out of a molehill. Many women have careers prior to marriage and it would be bothersome/confusing to change one’s name in a business setting. Keep your maiden name, go by your “married name” unofficially if you have kids in school, and use your maiden name for the outside world. There’s no point in legally changing your name as long as you aren’t trying to con anyone. PLUS, when you get divorced, you don’t have to go to court to get your name back.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Myrla is so extra. Poor Gil. 

You know I actually liked her better this week.  She seemed a lot more engaging and funny in a larger group.  And she seemed to be vibing a little better with Gil.  She has more humor than I gave her credit for.  She's still extra and complains way too much IMO, but now I think it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to hang out with her.  And maybe I'm saying this because I haven't had enough coffee, but I think she reminds me of a drag queen!

Edited by Alexander Pope
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7

I am on team Gil with regards to the dog.  He clearly loves Hype and Myrla is totally uninterested.  I don’t expect her to be a full on dog mom, but she should be compromising to be a dog step mom.  Especially since he requires help because of his work hours and she is flat out refusing to help him.  Reminds me of Greg and Deonna.  In their case Greg is allergic so it is much worse, but he compromised to having the dog in limited areas of the house.  Now that they are on couples cam he seems to love the dog as much as Deonna.

I don’t know what to make of Bao and Johnny.  There is a real chemistry there, but they can’t seem to get on the same page emotionally.  One is up and the other down, and then the roles reverse.  They would really benefit from some counseling individually and as a couple.

Edited by Booger666
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Yeah No said:

Yeah, him telling Jamie O. on Unfiltered that his discussion with Bao about showering was an "argument" was a big red flag for me.  If he thinks that's an argument I'd hate to see what he thinks about a REAL one!!  He then said that his honeymoon was nothing but "arguments".  One thing about this show is that I doubt they would hide any of their arguments from us so I doubt they've had any.  I think he is a closet misogynist - there I said it.  A woman should just be pleasant, agreeable and have absolutely ZERO flaws or he's not on board with her.  Which explains why he's bolted at the first sign of any imperfection in the past.  Even forcing himself into marriage isn't going to make him get over that.  He's starting to look like someone that should have been cast on "Unmatchables".

I am beginning to agree with this.  He is so serious and dour when they have these "arguments."  And very insecure--he wants her to reassure him and tell him how much she likes him/has a crush on him and then with the first hint of a conflict (and I know showering matters, but there are worse differences) he wants to bolt.  To be fair, he warned us that this was how he was.

• Love 8

I think it was pretty obvious from the start that this was going to be another low success season. I was hopeful for Johnny and Bao, but that's gone. She reads him perfectly, and just takes it in. She knows she is losing/has lost him and is just accepting it. She doesn't have the fight. She is so crazy about him, and has been for years, and she should be so happy now, but she isn't. She is on pins and needles waiting for him to tell her what he was upset about about, and what she did/said that made him that way. I think that she will just take it all in, blame herself, and watch him run. I feel bad that she is so serious and insecure and it is so hard for her to have fun. They seemed to have a great time on that parasailing activity, which was nice to see. But, then they went right in to discuss it to death instead of just enjoying it.  This seems to be a common practice in a lot of these seasons - the wife wants to discuss everything and the husband just wants to be in the moment. 

I was also really surprised that Jose and Rachel hadn't had sex yet. She is stuck on being independent and he is stuck on wanting to be the provider. She is still basing everything on her last failed relationship and her father's advise. She will never find the right guy for her, despite how much she seems to say that Jose is perfect. 

Myrla, first of all, is not pretty to me. She is so condescending and has that smirk on her face. When she dismissed adoption so quickly with no reason, other than, "Nope. Not happening," I felt sad for Gil. I don't think he really wanted 8 kids, especially after she wants cosmetic surgery after each child. I think he already knows there is zero chance in hell and I would keep my dog over her, too! I blame the experts again.

Here is my theory on how they are matched and what the "experts" ignore. Participants give them a laundry list of their perfect mate and expect to get that. However, if that is the type they prefer, and have not found a match on their own, then maybe they need to expand their choices. I know that Myra did not want a bald man (superficial preference) and they matched her with one. That should NOT be a deal breaker, and she seems to have gotten past that since he is attractive. But, things like liking/not liking pets is HUGE. Kids/no kids is not something anyone should have to compromise on. Politics should have been OK (in the old days where the husband/wife just cancelled each other's vote), but in the world today, it is much more divisive and encompassing. 

I don't think I like Brett anymore. She is being a good sport and is determined not to let her fears (of apparently EVERYTHING) get in the way, so that is good. But, Ryan is going to tire of having to coddle her over everything. And, yes, she needs a decent bra.

So, in other words, this will be a zero success season. Not sure about Decision Day, but definitely by the reunion. Has there ever been a season with zero couples together at D Day? This sure looks like one. And they haven't even finished their honeymoons!

• Love 2

As far as hanging with a dog or a MAFS phony spouse, the dog would win in a landslide vote. Spurning Gil’s dog and refusing to have anything to do with Hype is like Gil having custody of a kid from a previous relationship and Myrla refusing to acknowledge the child or spend any time with the him/her. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

So, the people with whom I am the most frustrated are those who ran the charter boat/paddle board trip.  They should never have allowed Johnny to get so far out in the ocean without even having a life-jacket so knowing what kind of swimmer he was.  I liked Ryan a bit more after he said he would go get him if someone gave him a board (which they apparently had already stored and didn't want to get out for him).  That was ridiculous and if I ever go to the Keys, I will never book a trip with that company.  Okay, rant about secondary characters from the episode is over.

Now, on to the main characters...I liked the friendliness that they conveyed to Zach and thought it was a good sign that he felt well enough to be out on the balcony.  And it was fun to hear that Johnny had gone by and thrown beer up to him.  Michaela toned down her responses about being in Houston while Zach was in the Keys.  But I anticipate some real emotional outbursts from her when they reunite.

Bao is exhausting.  Sure, mention snoring (inform him) then move on.  Try to compromise with your new husband by showering every day and if there is a reason you can't, talk about it at that point.  That's the compromise-take a shower and it can be a quick one if you don't have that much energy.  I think she brings up every little thing about herself and then talks it to extreme.  She also adds in how she has been hurt about these things before, so she is really bringing in the drama when it doesn't have to be there.  I would think that pretty much everyone hasn't taken a shower/bath for one reason or another and spouses/significant others just deal with it.  She also referenced how often Johnny showers to which he responded he doesn't always shower that much.  When I am on vacation in a hot tropical environment, I often take more than one shower but when at home not so much (unless working in the yard, etc.).  After the beach, before going to bed, etc.  Bao seems kind of joyless when I think Johnny is willing to let a lot of things go but wants to enjoy life.

Okay, 100% on team Myrla related to the dog.  Look, I have always had dogs (and cats) and LOVE them, but I don't want to be responsible for someone else's pets (sure, I'll take care of a neighbors' when they're on vacation, etc.-short-term).  And, I actually think that Gil is not necessarily a good dog owner in that he leaves his dog alone in the apartment for over 24 hours a day when he is on duty (24 hours is the shift, need to add in travel time, errands, overtime if they are at a fire at that time, etc.).  Sure he has a dog walker, but dogs are pack animals and do not do well when left alone for so long (and in an apartment!).  My father was a firefighter and he had dogs because mom also loved dogs and accepted being the primary caregiver as she was home everyday.  

Ryan is going to get tired of all of Brett's fears.  Good for her for trying, but she seems to have a lot of fears while presenting herself as adventurous and the life of the party (her references of dancing on tables from last week).  She is kind of a stick in the mud.  

I kind of hate the brief treatment of politics that we got as there is so much more to one's political beliefs than just party.  It would be uncomfortable to talk about one's core beliefs with a group of strangers like this.  Oh well, I guess the show wanted to be relevant.  And, as we are currently seeing, politics can change on a dime as can one's view of politicians and issues.

• Love 7

Gil, in the first part of this show, says that he didn't think compromise would be this hard. It's only hard for you because you are the only one doing it. That isn't compromise. It's acquiensence. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Alexander Pope said:

You know I actually liked her better this week.  She seemed a lot more engaging and funny in a larger group.  And she seemed to be vibing a little better with Gil.  She has more humor than I gave her credit for.  She's still extra and complains way too much IMO, but now I think it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to hang out with her.

I think she has a quick wit, and I appreciate that in people.

2 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I find the name-changing “problem” to be making a mountain out of a molehill. Many women have careers prior to marriage and it would be bothersome/confusing to change one’s name in a business setting. Keep your maiden name, go by your “married name” unofficially if you have kids in school, and use your maiden name for the outside world. There’s no point in legally changing your name as long as you aren’t trying to con anyone. PLUS, when you get divorced, you don’t have to go to court to get your name back.

I don't get the feeling Gil would be okay with Myrla using her "married name" only unofficially if they have kids in school.  I can't remember...who brought it up at the reception--Gil or Myrla?

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

Wow, Bao doesn’t even wash after a workout, much less after a long work day?  Yikes.  I don’t blame Johnny at all for being grossed out.

I think Bao has some serious "shame issues" that I'm quite surprised she hasn't worked through in therapy. 

She's an intelligent woman of 35 so the fact that she's already had 3 broken engagements and displays such angst about her personal habits, behaviors and beliefs combine to signal she should seriously consider working with a mental health professional.

Otherwise I sincerely doubt her marriage to Johnny and/or any other man will succeed. 

Johnny is entitled to a "wife", not a "project" to try and fix, rescue and caretake.  WAKE UP, BAO!!

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

Poor Gil, my God.  They really did him wrong pairing him with Myrla.  She won’t even walk his dog?!

Why should she?  Not everyone is a dog lover nor wants to be responsible for one.  I don't blame either of them.  I blame the dopey "experts" who never seem to learn and continue to match people with different religious, political and pet differences.  How hard is that to do. 

• Love 13
17 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Everyone misses a shower now and again and everyone farts. This seemed to me like a manufactured issue to create drama where there isn't any...

I didn't mean it as a negative; I was just joking, and I was just snarking with "seriously."  

Edited by Crashcourse
14 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

And I think she made a good point about concern about others driving one's political views, in contrast to Gil saying it was all about what would help him advance.  I was actually disappointed because I loved Gil when we first met him, but that started wearing off with a quickness in this episode. 

I didn't like Gil saying that, either.  I think Myrla is a snobby bitch but I also didn't like him making fun of her and calling her out as "Princess" in front of the other couples.   I was surprised that she took it well.    

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Johnny is losing stock with me with every episode. I've been with an anal retentive, OCD person before and it's pure hell.  And he is so not that hot (I say this as a woman that is highly attracted to Asian guys. Everyone who knows me knows that). People like you John are meant to live alone. Sorry but face it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Racj82 said:

Yeah...that's all i hear. I saw someone here relating to that and that's cool. Everyone deals with depression in different ways but go take a damn shower. Pre covid, jumping in the bed with your germs from the day on you is already gross to me. Now we are nearly two years into a pandemic. Wash yourself. For your own health and for those around you. 

It's sounds like Johnny showers after the gym, when he wakes up and after he gets home. I've seen this be proposed as possible OCD which I don't subscribe to. Most people shower one of those times, if not two. He just does all of them.

I never understood the shower in the morning. I get it if you sweat at night which I don't or if you you were engaging in some sexual activities in the night time. But, beyond that, it seems pointless. You just slept. I wash up in the morning, that's it.

The whole dog walking thing always looks like one of the shittiest things about having dogs. I don't like pets. I don't want pets. So, I ride with Myrla on this one. She's not even asking to get rid of the dog. She just doesn't want those extra responsibilities. I hear my friend having to worry who is walking the dog between him and girlfriend all the time. Having to spend what little break time they get running home just to walk the dog. That's a no for me. 

This needs to be something the show and people in life need to stop acting it's something minor. Having a pet and wanting pets are big things. It's not something a lot of people just get over. The same with kids. Do better show. I know you won't though.

I agree with everything here, except I do shower in the morning. 😉

kids/no kids; pets/no pets; responsible financially/deeply in debt; etc. - the shenanigans continue. What's sort of sad is some of these people either are still taking this seriously or they are WAY better actors than I would think given their day jobs. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Allison1 said:

responsible financially/deeply in debt; etc. -

Is Rachel in debt? She said her credit score is worse than Jose's but did she mention debt specifically? I wasn't watching that closely. I miss the in-depth budget conversations they all used to have; they mostly stopped doing them when the show started providing housing and I think the show is worse off because of it. I did hear Jose respond to her that he'd asked for the experts to match him with someone "on [his] level," and I thought "ouch."

Edited by Empress1
8 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Is Rachel in debt? She said her credit score is worse than Jose's but did she mention debt specifically? I wasn't watching that closely. I miss the in-depth budget conversations they all used to have; they mostly stopped doing them when the show started providing housing and I think the show is worse off because of it. I did hear Jose respond to her that he'd asked for the experts to match him with someone "on [his] level," and I thought "ouch."

I thought she said at some point that she had some credit card debt and was working on paying it down but I can't remember when I heard that...

• Love 1

I think this was the episode that sealed it for me that I prefer Bao to Johnny. Just hear me out.

Yes she made me roll my eyes with her reaction to the jersey as a gift but I'm analyzing their behavior as a whole and how they have responded to each other when they have shared emotional moments.

First when Johnny mentioned his dad and how that lack of a solid relationship has affected him (even while being close to tears), not once did Bao try to minimize or dismiss that reaction. All she did was pay attention and listen to him while reassuring him with physical touch.

When she brought up the snoring jokes and how they are hurtful, He tried to minimize that by making it seem like it was an overreaction on her part and that she couldn't take jokes properly. He called it a Red flag!

Everybody has something they are sensitive about, it doesn't have to make sense to others. For him it's his father, for her it's her snoring. All he had to do was display half of the empathy she did when he opened up about his dad while discussing the snoring and that would have been the end of the matter.

When he was talking about having gone on 100 first dates, she didn't judge him, didn't go hmmm red flag!

Then the whole neat/shower thing, look even I don't fully agree with her routine as described but at least she was being honest and trying to manage his expectations on that. He called it a red flag again.

In fact, since they met at the alter he has been the one saying if they were dating, he would have walked away at a number of points now.

I wonder if there have been other 'arguments' that we didn't get to see between them because I'm really suspecting if all these things he refers to as arguments are just conversations that he is picking off as red flags on his end. They have been together for 7days and he doesn't want her talking about the past???

I worry that there won't be any red flags left on earth for Johnny at the end of 6 weeks with the rate at which he is picking them.

Notice I didn't even touch on his remarks on Unfiltered......

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11

Even though they never dated, I think Johnny knew enough about Bao that he might have had some opinions about her before they met at the altar, like maybe being needy and insecure.  She might have had opinions about him, too, like him being a serial dater.  So they get married and they each are having do deal with what they'd previously thought about each other.     

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
14 minutes ago, ByTor said:

My take...when you tell the showrunners what you want in a person, tell them the opposite. You'll get a perfect match!

With my luck, I would ask to be matched with a Brad Pitt or Jon Hamm and would get a John Reilly or Steve Buscemi.

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, Empress1 said:

I didn’t watch the pre wedding episodes but here’s what I’ve heard from Rachel so far: 

she has no savings, no retirement fund

she put a trip to Italy totally on a credit card  

she takes a small trip at least  monthly and a big trip ( think Switzerland) every two years. 

The every two year big trip wouldn’t be any big deal  if  she had a savings account and retirement accounts 

She is in her 30s and lives financially in the moment. Whatever she gets in income she spends plus more.  She has no clue what she will do for money when she gets old enough to retire and she doesn’t care. 
My guess is that she doesn’t know what her credit score is… or what Jose’s 815 means. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

Seriously, if the "experts" were sooooo concerned about making real matches, one of the first questions they'd ask is if politics, money habits, kids, etc were dealbreakers and go from there. Not that being on the same political or financial page guarantees relationship success because it doesn't. However, it doesn't hurt. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

I think Johnny knew enough about Bao that he might have had some opinions about her before they met at the altar, like maybe being needy and insecure.

I find Johnny needy and insecure. And this season's I Only Want To Marry Ms. Perfect. 

I'm getting ready for him to wrap himself up in red flags and shove off to bachelor land. Take Jose with you.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, buttersister said:

I find Johnny needy and insecure. And this season's I Only Want To Marry Ms. Perfect. 

I'm getting ready for him to wrap himself up in red flags and shove off to bachelor land. Take Jose with you.

I call her needy and insecure because she knew he was a serial dater, yet she's admitted at least once to having a crush on him.  Plus, I still thought it was kinda stalkerish of her to keep texts of someone she accused of ghosting her.  Why hold on to something of his?  I do think he needs to take ass slapping off his brain for a minute, but I hope they're trying to work things out.  

22 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

What is this conversation Bao and Johnny are having? Are they really stressing about showering, sleeping on the couch, changing the sheets, it’s exhausting listening to them and now Bao seems kinda extra too. Another great matching job ‘experts’. 

The only hygiene issue not yet discussed between these two is 'bidet etiquette.'  

And to quote from a book of cleanliness slogans:  “I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.” 🦶  (I think that should be on their home doormat.)

• LOL 5

I'm sure I’ll be sitting at a table by myself with imaginary flies circling my head but I don’t take a shower every day so it didn’t really get me too excited that Bao doesn’t unless it’s an underlying sign of depression which is a whole different issue. 
Johnny is too much of a player and has an insatiable need for adoration to ever be satisfied with one person. I never saw them and still don’t see them making it. 
I love dogs (I have two plus a cat) but it might give me pause if my intended had a dog named “HYPE” of all things! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I didn't like Gil saying that, either.  I think Myrla is a snobby bitch but I also didn't like him making fun of her and calling her out as "Princess" in front of the other couples.   I was surprised that she took it well.    

She took it well because that's how she sees herself and how she wants others to see her. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
23 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Myrla is so extra. Poor Gil. 

She is so confusing.  She goes on Unfiltered with a dress up to her whoha and her girls out for full display, very sexy, but hasn’t even given Gil a little kiss.  Tease much?  Sexy as hell on tv, but like a school marm in bed.  What is her game?  It’s a good thing he’s a sport.  Call me crazy, but I think he really likes the Princess. She’s a challenge, and men love a challenge.

• Love 4

Bao's insecurities doesn't allow her to feel good about Johnny liking her...not even for one second....

She has to throw a wrench into the love machine by pushing his fanatical showering button.

Yes, she may be tired on the rare occasion where she may not want to shower after a long day at work but that's well down the road when she and Johnny have a more stable relationship and he loves her even in a state of unwash...

Bao Chickee bow wow....cue the tandem shower scene where Johnny washes Bao hair and well you know the rest.....fade away to a cloud of steam...

Using her unshowered self and sleeping away from the marital bed is self sabotaging by avoiding intimacy...

Bao is acting as her own cock blocker.

Johnny, how hard is it for you to help strip the bed and put it the linens in the washing machine... what a massive ass.

Bao wants you to reassure her that you can put aside your finicky picky ways and accept her in all kinds of way. You failed buddy.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Call me crazy, but I think he really likes the Princess. She’s a challenge, and men love a challenge.

Hey Crazy, you are absolutely right.

Gil loves that his wife puts herself on a pedestal....for now.

Gil's admiration will turn to contempt soon enough....

The perfect drink as we watch Gil get frustrated and short tempered is mojitos.

• Love 3

She is in her 30s and lives financially in the moment. Whatever she gets in income she spends plus more.  She has no clue what she will do for money when she gets old enough to retire and she doesn’t care. 

Maybe she, like a lot of people, thinks that Social Security will be sufficient when she retires.

Plus, I still thought it was kinda stalkerish of her to keep texts of someone she accused of ghosting her. 

I don't think that she "kept" them specifically. I think she just never deletes texts. I don't either - it's not like my phone is running out of space or anything...

she takes a small trip at least  monthly

I thought she was an elementary school teacher. If so, how does she do monthly trips? Just on the weekends? I wouldn't think she would have much leave...

She is so confusing.  She goes on Unfiltered with a dress up to her whoha and her girls out for full display, very sexy, but hasn’t even given Gil a little kiss.  Tease much?  Sexy as hell on tv, but like a school marm in bed.  What is her game?

I never thought I'd be on Myrla's side but here I go. Women can wear whatever they like and there should be no expectation at all of what their sexual behavior will be like. Dressing "sexy" doesn't require a woman to kiss a man or have sex with him or anything else. Dressing sexy isn't some sort of promissory note of sexual behavior. She isn't being a "tease." She is wearing what she likes, as she is entitled to do. No one should have any expectations at all of her behavior based on her wardrobe. Hell - I can't think of too many women who dress in a less conventionally "sexy" manner than Michelle Duggar and she advocates for having as much sex (with your husband) as possible. So why shouldn't the opposite be true? 

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13
6 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I thought she was an elementary school teacher. If so, how does she do monthly trips? Just on the weekends? I wouldn't think she would have much leave...

No idea. She said it in the same discussion  as the Switzerland trip. 

Edited by mythoughtis
57 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

but it might give me pause if my intended had a dog named “HYPE” of all things! 

I am a dog lover; the name “LOW MAINTENANCE” is so much more appealing to me.

40 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

She is so confusing.  She goes on Unfiltered with a dress up to her whoha and her girls out for full display, very sexy, but hasn’t even given Gil a little kiss.  Tease much?  Sexy as hell on tv, but like a school marm in bed.  What is her game?

A long and profitable career on reality tv.

Edited by Auntie Anxiety
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1