Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E06: Out of the Comfort Zone and Into the Sea

• Start Topic

On 8/26/2021 at 12:41 AM, Yeah No said:

He did say he has a dog walker.  But why he would expect Myrla to walk the dog just because they're married didn't sit right with me.  Suddenly it's too expensive?  Like her time isn't worth money?  She has to work too!  Again, I think he is just messing with her because he knows they are not going to make it.

But yeah, the more Gil opens his mouth the more I am kind of forgetting about what a hunk he is.

Never mind.  Excuse me .. I was watching something on tv.  I agree with Myrla.  He can continue paying whoever is walking the dog while he’s at work.  He payd before .. he can continue paying.  I love dogs .. I’ve had dogs.  Big dogs scare me to tell the truth.  I like the little ones.  Just sayin.

Edited by kristen111
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Johnny looked horrified when Bao said that sometimes she skips showering.  He said that if they were dating, he'd be out.  I believe this is what is going to take them down.  

I hope production asked Gil to lead with the questions, because he is slowing starting to get on my nerves.  I don't particularly care for Myrla, but she specifically stated that she is not a pet person.  And what did they do? They matched her with a guy who owns a bull dog.  Not a chihuahua;  a freeking bull dog.  

I don't see one couple in this group making it to a year.   

I thought it was a Pitt Bull!  More 😧!

I’m just now watching this and I swear I thought Jose was gonna cream his pants waiting for his chance to tell Rachel what his credit score was. I don’t see him as a good provider, just a stingy one. Las Vegas is a hard sell when you have your heart set on Switzerland and I don’t see him willing to compromise. Jose’s reaction to Rachel when she brought up consummation makes me think that may be an bigger issue than money. Be afraid, Rachel, be very afraid. 

I’m not understanding the pillow fort still being up and how neurotic Bao is with the snoring. Does she sound like a freight train? I wonder if she has sinus issues or swollen turbinates? Maybe she should see an ENT. 

Ryan is probably the most expressionless person I’ve seen on this show. He always looks checked out. He’s white knuckling his way through this show. 

As far as consummation goes, I had the impression that Michaela and Zack had based on the first Unfiltered she was on. Johnny keeps turning red during the dinner table discussion-it’s cracking me up. 

Edited by Kiss my mutt
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
12 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I thought it was a Pitt Bull!  More 😧!

I thought Gil had a bull dog; heck a pit bull is even worse.  At least the ones on "Pit Bulls and Parolees".

Edited by Adeejay
  • Love 2
51 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

I thought Gil had a bull dog; heck a pit bull it even worse.  At least the ones on "Pit Bulls and Parolees".

I’m pretty sure Hype is a pit or pit mix. I had a pit mix and he was the sweetest dog ever. I miss him every single day. Don’t stereotype the breed; they can be wonderful dogs. 

• Love 9

23 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

In other news, why didn't they just drive the boat out there to get Johnny?  And kudos to the guy who was hooking them into their parasailing equipment and said, "Y'all are crazy.  I wouldn't do this."  I think he and Myrla would be a good banter match.

Because he was never in any danger would be my guess.  All I could think during that "cliffhanger" before the commercial was "Holy cow, production - do better!" 😄

So as a rule the couples who do well on this show have sex (and admit it!) on the honeymoon, so I'm not seeing a huge success rate at this point.

Bao and Johnny are like the epitome of the "communication is SO important!!!" folk; I'm on the "Discretion is the better part of valor" team.  They both need to shut it a little bit.

For me Ryan is this season's Clara - I found him off-putting but am liking him better each week.  I'm thinking he billed himself as an "active, outdoor" type and our clever "experts" decided that a teacher/coach fit that bill, which it clearly does not. For the record - when he said something like "If it's that important to you we're not a match" - I thought he meant that it wasn't that important to him.  But politics can be a deal breaker for some people, just like kids or pets- it should definitely be part of the "experts" extensive testing and interviewing!!

As for Gil and Myrla::  we all here wonder why some of these couples just don't say "Hey - we're not a match; let's be friends, get along and have fun and separate in 6-8 weeks."  IMO Gil and Myrla have done that, which is why they banter well together, he can call her "princess", etc.  This is what that looks like 😁. In other news, he's clearly production's bitch for moving conversations along in the direction they choose 😄

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
On 8/25/2021 at 8:41 PM, kristen111 said:

I’m shocked nobody had sex yet.  I thought Brett and Rachel did for sure.

With each other?

Do you realize they are both women?

Not that there's anything wrong with that....😉

On 8/25/2021 at 11:34 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

In other news, why didn't they just drive the boat out there to get Johnny?  And kudos to the guy who was hooking them into their parasailing equipment and said, "Y'all are crazy.  I wouldn't do this."  I think he and Myrla would be a good banter match.

I couldn't believe the boat had no paid staff on board to help in an emergency. All the lady did to help was signal him by moving her arms in a swimming motion!

On 8/25/2021 at 11:41 PM, Yeah No said:

But yeah, the more Gil opens his mouth the more I am kind of forgetting about what a hunk he is.

Yeah he's not looking all that good to me anymore. His whole head, face included, looks so bald.

6 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

I didn’t watch the pre wedding episodes but here’s what I’ve heard from Rachel so far: 

she has no savings, no retirement fund

All Texas teachers are part of TRS, retirement fund. 

4 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Johnny, how hard is it for you to help strip the bed and put it the linens in the washing machine... what a massive ass.

That's the easy part. Making the bed afterward is the kicker. 

4 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Maybe she, like a lot of people, thinks that Social Security will be sufficient when she retires.

Texas teachers do not pay into social security. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Bao's insecurities doesn't allow her to feel good about Johnny liking her...not even for one second....

She has to throw a wrench into the love machine by pushing his fanatical showering button.

Yes, she may be tired on the rare occasion where she may not want to shower after a long day at work but that's well down the road when she and Johnny have a more stable relationship and he loves her even in a state of unwash...

Bao Chickee bow wow....cue the tandem shower scene where Johnny washes Bao hair and well you know the rest.....fade away to a cloud of steam...

Using her unshowered self and sleeping away from the marital bed is self sabotaging by avoiding intimacy...

Bao is acting as her own cock blocker.

Johnny, how hard is it for you to help strip the bed and put it the linens in the washing machine... what a massive ass.

Bao wants you to reassure her that you can put aside your finicky picky ways and accept her in all kinds of way. You failed buddy.

This gets my vote for most insightful post of this season hands down.

It's like Bao is determined to find something to turn Johnny off from her.   Self sabotage to the first degree.  She knows how he is, why would she try to amplify all the things he may already have an issue with so soon?  

She reminds me of my friend who takes his car to the shop and runs down a list of every little squeak and rattle the car ever made as if to beg the mechanic to find something wrong with it.  And guess what?  It works!  My friend is not happy unless the bill totals over $1,000.  He's insecure unless they find something wrong with the car.  Meanwhile he may be making issues out of nothing and paying for unnecessary repairs.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Hey Crazy, you are absolutely right.

Gil loves that his wife puts herself on a pedestal....for now.

Gil's admiration will turn to contempt soon enough....

The perfect drink as we watch Gil get frustrated and short tempered is mojitos.

I actually think Gil is attracted to Myrla but he already knows what a handful she is and he is just humoring her.  If he has a drink off camera with the guys he's probably doing nothing but telling them everything she said and did that was OTT and unbelievable, and complaining about what a nightmare she would be on a day to day basis.  "That woman is hot shit, can you believe what she said?"  Stuff like that.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
7 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I call her needy and insecure because she knew he was a serial dater, yet she's admitted at least once to having a crush on him.  Plus, I still thought it was kinda stalkerish of her to keep texts of someone she accused of ghosting her.  Why hold on to something of his?  I do think he needs to take ass slapping off his brain for a minute, but I hope they're trying to work things out.  

I have two takes on this.  First is, don't gasp, but I have emails on my computer going back to 1998.  They were all downloaded and have been transferred to every new computer and stand alone email program I've owned since then.

I also have all my cell phone texts at least as far back as 2013, when I got my first smartphone.  They have all been backed up to the cloud and every time I get a new phone they get downloaded into it.

So I don't think her having Johnny's texts is necessarily stalkerish.

What I do find telling is that she accuses him of ghosting her.  I'm not really convinced that they had an acquaintance/platonic friend relationship back in the day.  I think they may have known each other but maybe had a few dates on a romantic basis and that's when he ghosted her, true to his self admitted pattern of finding something wrong with a woman after a few dates and moving on.

So maybe THAT's why she still has his texts on her phone and never deleted them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I never thought I'd be on Myrla's side but here I go. Women can wear whatever they like and there should be no expectation at all of what their sexual behavior will be like. Dressing "sexy" doesn't require a woman to kiss a man or have sex with him or anything else. Dressing sexy isn't some sort of promissory note of sexual behavior. She isn't being a "tease." She is wearing what she likes, as she is entitled to do. No one should have any expectations at all of her behavior based on her wardrobe. Hell - I can't think of too many women who dress in a less conventionally "sexy" manner than Michelle Duggar and she advocates for having as much sex (with your husband) as possible. So why shouldn't the opposite be true? 

While I agree with you I also think people have to think about the messages they send to others with their wardrobe and their behavior.  I can't expect a man not to at least think I might want to have sex with him if I dress very provocatively.  If he acts like he expects me to have it or tries to force himself on me based on how I'm dressing game over and he's a dirt bag, but I can't blame him for getting aroused and thinking I might be telling him with my wardrobe that I want to have sex with him.  So maybe if that's not my intention I should dress a little less provocatively because I wouldn't want to send the wrong message.  We get down on Johnny for sending mixed messages but this can also be a mixed message.

I wouldn't dress in sweats and slippers on an interview either for the same reason.  I would look ridiculous if I dug my heels in the ground and complained that employers won't hire me because they are making unfair assumptions about me and my ability to do the job based on my attire.  Should they look deeper than my wardrobe?  Perhaps, but like it or not people will form impressions about us based on how we dress and we wouldn't want them to get the wrong one, so dressing the way we want them to see us might be a good idea.  Just as we want to put our best foot forward and represent ourselves in the way we want people to receive us on a personal level, it also extends to what we wear.  And first impressions often can't be undone.  

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 7
On 8/25/2021 at 6:40 PM, Straycat80 said:

Jose looks so scared and nervous when Rachel talks about consummating the marriage. Hmmm. 

He may be gender fluid and doenst know how to break it to her. I think he likes Johnny. When he kisses her sometimes it doesnt make me believe that he wants to go further.  I dont even think he tried to touch her breasts. He loves to kiss her in public, but his acting is not convincing.  He has trapped himself in his money issues.  Nobody cares about his credit score.  Boasting over that, is soooo Houston. The producers are doing a good job of showing the Houston vibe. Ryan is soooo Houston as well. 

On 8/25/2021 at 6:49 PM, Racj82 said:

People on this show lie about that all the time. They all could of for all we know.

A platter of chocolate chip cookies?

That may actually be the key to my heart.

I think it is possible that Myrna already had sex with Gil, but is lying about it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, Alexander Pope said:

You know I actually liked her better this week.  She seemed a lot more engaging and funny in a larger group.  And she seemed to be vibing a little better with Gil.  She has more humor than I gave her credit for.  She's still extra and complains way too much IMO, but now I think it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to hang out with her.  And maybe I'm saying this because I haven't had enough coffee, but I think she reminds me of a drag queen!

I agree with you.  I am starting to like Myrla a little better.  She looks way better when she smiles and laughs. They do have good banter and he had his arm on her crotch during one scene.  I think she might be fucking him.  I dunno about this editing. She is starting to look at him like she thinks he is attractive. 

• Love 1

Wow! So much analysis.  But interesting even though too much to read.   i think Rachel and Jose are ok. She’s down to earth and young people make debt. Teachers low pay Texas.  And he said they’d work it out.  Organized with checklists has brought success. What’s wrong with that?  I think she’s seeing that he might be good for her.  It seems like they’re a match socially.   Having a husband who cares isn’t being domineering.  I hope thet stay together.  Predicting they will.  BTW, top credit score 850   Anything over 800 excellent   He should be proud   

Myrla befuddles me. Not authentic. Kind of artificial.  Anti-septic.  Seems like loosening up.  Maybe this experience will help her social life. I can’t see Gil thinking this long term.  Esp given her attitude re dogs.  I was impressed how she opened up with Gil about her childhood.  Maybe I’m wrong. He could see himself as someone he’d be good for.  I can see him humanizing her.  

Bao I love.  So real.  I think living with Johnny could be a nightmare.  And she apologizes and demeans herself too much.  There’s no shower rule.  And anybody taking three showers a day QUIT!  Water is now a finite resource.   Ask AZ and CA.   Get used to the smell of real bodies again. LOL.  

I really like Brett. She is a thinker. I like both Ryan and Brett.  It goes back to her realization they were “unmatched.’  How do you not feel sorry for her obvious desire to be matched and realize it’s a fraud?   Physically they’re a couple to me.   I know of some political families where spouses on opposite sides.  But takes patience to make it work.  

Having said all this, alas, we know the editing is deceptive and often scenes set up or sort of scripted.  I really wish it  had integrity.  I still watch but only one time never repeats which I used to do and if I miss a show, no worries these days.  

• Love 1
12 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

I didn’t watch the pre wedding episodes but here’s what I’ve heard from Rachel so far: 

she has no savings, no retirement fund

she put a trip to Italy totally on a credit card  

she takes a small trip at least  monthly and a big trip ( think Switzerland) every two years. 

The every two year big trip wouldn’t be any big deal  if  she had a savings account and retirement accounts 

She is in her 30s and lives financially in the moment. Whatever she gets in income she spends plus more.  She has no clue what she will do for money when she gets old enough to retire and she doesn’t care. 
My guess is that she doesn’t know what her credit score is… or what Jose’s 815 means. 

I kinda halfways agree with you.  I know a lot of savers who didnt enjoy life but didnt make retirement either.  There has to be a balance because nobody knows when they will die. Everybody should enjoy life while they are alive.  The trips every month are excessive. There should be a middle ground. All a 815 score means is that you can borrow more money at a lower interest rate. It doesnt mean you have money. If Jose doesnt make it to retirement and he never lived a full life, I dont know about that strategy. Work hard, play hard.

• Love 6

HAAAAAAAA! CALLED IT!! Gil DIDN'T CARE about how Myrla felt about changing her last name!!! Like he gets to decide & that's it... FIVE DAYS LATER, he managed to care to ask. 😅😂 He conceded to hyphenating tho!!! Myrla ain't tryna compromise... She wants to honor her father.... the ABUSER??? HUH?? 🤔

Edited by Lindz
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Never mind.  Excuse me .. I was watching something on tv.  I agree with Myrla.  He can continue paying whoever is walking the dog while he’s at work.  He payd before .. he can continue paying.  I love dogs .. I’ve had dogs.  Big dogs scare me to tell the truth.  I like the little ones.  Just sayin.

Yes, he can continue paying someone to do this.

But, the rest of the time in all the hours outside dogwalker time,  she is going to have to deal with the dog or is he supposed to be locked in a room by himself? I suspect she would be afraid he might turn on her and I would have that same fear.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Yeah No said:

So maybe THAT's why she still has his texts on her phone and never deleted them.

Yes, some people save everything.

Why, even Judge Judy apparently does.  She's said so on her show and is dumbfounded when one of the litigants can't produce a text from a while back that proves their complaint.

• Love 2

HAAAAAAAA! They betting on who consummates first & they already LOST!! 😂😂 So funny watching those conversations knowing they have no clue. Maybe it's a good thing they don't know about Zack & Michaela. Gil would probably be the most jealous & feel the most insecure about where he's at in his marriage.

33 minutes ago, cinsays said:

Why, even Judge Judy apparently does.  She's said so on her show and is dumbfounded when one of the litigants can't produce a text from a while back that proves their complaint.

Lawyers tend to save everything just in case they need to prove something.  I know, I've worked for them. Not everyone is a lawyer, but I've known techno-savvy friends who also save everything on their computers and phones. 

3 hours ago, Gator Stud said:

I kinda halfways agree with you.  I know a lot of savers who didnt enjoy life but didnt make retirement either.  There has to be a balance because nobody knows when they will die. Everybody should enjoy life while they are alive.  The trips every month are excessive. There should be a middle ground. All a 815 score means is that you can borrow more money at a lower interest rate. It doesnt mean you have money. If Jose doesnt make it to retirement and he never lived a full life, I dont know about that strategy. Work hard, play hard.

In my experience, numbers oriented business people like José are far more focused on savings and budgets than teachers like Rachel.  Most teachers are "people focused", not portfolio focused, so I'm understanding of where she's coming from.  Then again, most teachers work in states where they get good retirement pensions and Social Security and don't have to worry so much about such things.  Texas unfortunately is not one of them. 

I definitely think that at her age, Rachel should wake up to having to put more into her retirement.  It's not too late for her, but she should start now.  So I get where José is coming from, but he does seem a little too tightwad-ish for a guy that's supposedly so successful.  He's probably one of those that has a lot of money in the bank and investments but is super afraid to spend any of it because "you never know" what's going to happen in the market in the future, etc.  But as you say, there really should be a middle ground.  One would hope that these two could balance each other out, but unfortunately both of them are coming off too rigid and not flexible enough to do anything but clash.  We'll see how that progresses.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Gator Stud said:

All a 815 score means is that you can borrow more money at a lower interest rate. It doesnt mean you have money.

I do think that someone with an 815 is more likely to have money than someone with a 500.  Or, rather, money that is actually theirs and not listed as a receivable somewhere.

But to me, all Jose's 815 means is that he doesn't over-extend himself and he pays his debts on time.  I think this should be graded more as "meets expectations" than the colossal achievement he seems to regard it as, especially for a person who is single and has a presumably decent-paying job.

I think Rachel said that she got a new credit card in order to pay for her trip to Italy or Switzerland.  I'm kind of impressed that Jose didn't faint. 

Also, I was hoping this episode would explain it a little better, but it just repeated what was already said.  What exactly is Jose's plan for finances?  They both put all their take-home in one pot, and he takes out the expenses, and then what happens with the rest?  Rachel was making it sound like he was going to dole it out to her?

Edited by StatisticalOutlier
  • Love 3

Just watched Unfiltered (I know!) and based on a couple of comments it struck me that perhaps Johnny thinks that Bao is coming up with various issues in order to not sleep with him (I snore-I can sleep in the other room; I don't shower-I can sleep on the couch).  I had a similar thought that I already posted, but when these two "issues" are viewed immediately together it does seem suspicious.  It does seem that there is something else going on.

And, as for Myrla's outfit on Unfiltered?  Wow.  There was hardly anything there (couldn't really even see the shorts part of it).  She should have worn that on the honeymoon as it seems more appropriate for a beachy resort.  This season's participants seem pretty fun overall as I have actually enjoyed the episodes of Unfiltered that I have watched (of course, there is a lot of fast-forwarding going on).

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

Texas teachers do not pay into social security. 

I did not know that! Why not?

But to me, all Jose's 815 means is that he doesn't over-extend himself and he pays his debts on time.  I think this should be graded more as "meets expectations" than the colossal achievement he seems to regard it as,

I think it's a colossal achievement. A very small percentage of people have such a high credit score. I make decent money and I'm fairly responsible. I haven't checked my credit score lately but it's not 815, I'm sure of that. I don't think this makes Jose a great person or anything but it's an achievement, definitely. 

I don't necessarily save everything, I just never bother to delete anything and storage capacity in modern technology is such that I have never had a problem. I think Bao is maybe doing the same thing - she just never bothers to delete stuff and every time she gets a new phone, everything just carries over.

But, the rest of the time in all the hours outside dogwalker time,  she is going to have to deal with the dog or is he supposed to be locked in a room by himself? I suspect she would be afraid he might turn on her and I would have that same fear.

All dogs are different but she might just not want to have to deal with a dog. My dogs aren't scary (except sometimes the little chi, who resource guards) but they are always around. One of them sheds pretty significantly. They bark when someone comes to the door. They ask to be let outside. They want pets and scratches and treats. If I have food, they expect me to share (my fault for not training them better). If you don't want a dog and don't particularly like them, this would all be really, really annoying in your permanent home. And the newlyweds live in apartments so if Hype has to go out, someone has to leash him up (I hope) and take him out; you can't just open the door to the backyard. 

• Love 4

23 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Hopefully unfiltered comments go  here…,Myrla is in the same type  attire as her wedding dress…. Let’s  show off those expensive breasts. . 

They looked like two half-melons pasted onto her chest.  They don't move/shift as she moves.

13 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Myrla is feeling muy chula and shimmied her tatas for us in her cute pink dress, pink shoes, pink lips….

Yeah, WTF?  JamieO asked how Myrla was doing or something, and she responded that she feels very cute.

12 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Yeah, him telling Jamie O. on Unfiltered that his discussion with Bao about showering was an "argument" was a big red flag for me.  If he thinks that's an argument I'd hate to see what he thinks about a REAL one!!  He then said that his honeymoon was nothing but "arguments".  One thing about this show is that I doubt they would hide any of their arguments from us so I doubt they've had any.  I think he is a closet misogynist - there I said it.  A woman should just be pleasant, agreeable and have absolutely ZERO flaws or he's not on board with her.  Which explains why he's bolted at the first sign of any imperfection in the past.  Even forcing himself into marriage isn't going to make him get over that.  He's starting to look like someone that should have been cast on "Unmatchables".

21 hours ago, Yeah No said:

It's no wonder Johnny is still single and has had a zillion dates he's passed over if just hearing that Bao is a little shy about her snoring can make him want to run for the door.  That's a classic commitment-phobe if I ever saw one.  How rigid is he about mundane and relatively unimportant things?  If these are the things that are big issues to him how is he ever going to live with another person?  He is making mountains out of molehills.  Honestly, I don't blame Bao that much for overthinking this and being even more because it's obvious that Johnny can be pretty rigid and picayune about some very mundane things that shouldn't matter that much at all.  I feel for Bao because it's like he wants a perfect woman and there is no perfect woman.

AMEN!  

Out of an abundance of caution, I will put this next comment in a Spoiler since it deals with the preview and Unfiltered:

Spoiler

Johnny said on Unfiltered that after the honeymoon, he didn't stay at the apartment.  On the preview, I don't think it looked that certain, but it was alluded to.

I am very very concerned for Bao's heart and self-esteem, given all the baggage we've been discussing about Johnny.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, cinsays said:

Yes, he can continue paying someone to do this.

I don’t care for dogs. We had a small one and we all loved her but that was more for the kids having a pet.   They loved her and now all have pets they cherish so I did my job  

I don’t want to live with any animals and the thought of sharing space with a PITBULL gives me shivers. Couldn’t do it!

I know pet lovers will not understand but believe me I don’t understand them either!

Poop, drippy eyes, smelly breath and poopy butt holes!  Calzone take me away!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

Calzone take me away!

My favorite typo/autocorrect of the day! And now I know what I want for dinner;-)

(For those not old enough to remember, it was Calgon, take me away;-)

ETA: I hope by the end of the season, I don't need to send Bao to Paige's therapist. Separate from the idea that Bad suffered from periodic depression (yes, Johnny, heads up, that may be the root issue here).

Edited by buttersister
  • LOL 4

Odd to me how few people on this blog  really understand FICO and credit ratings but pass on bad info anyway.  My own FICO is 848 out of possible 850 and I am not rich.  

Nor am I a penny pincher, have charts and checklists, or am considered either overly-generous or a tightwad.  I pay off balances monthly which is big part of credit rating.  

Edited by Ms.C.
Add text
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, buttersister said:

My favorite typo/autocorrect of the day! And now I know what I want for dinner;-)

ETA: I hope by the end of the season, I don't need to send Bao to Paige's therapist. Separate from the idea that Bad suffered from periodic depression (yes, Johnny, heads up, that may be the root issue here).

Lol I saw that after I posted. Thought about changing it then decided some will remember the commercial some won’t…so it goes!

• LOL 3
16 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I’m just now watching this and I swear I thought Jose was gonna cream his pants waiting for his chance to tell Rachel what his credit score was. I don’t see him as a good provider, just a stingy one. Las Vegas is a hard sell when you have your heart set on Switzerland and I don’t see him willing to compromise.  

He views everything in terms of dollars and cents only.  My young adult son was like that for awhile in his late teens, and I tried to help him understand that there is such a thing as investing in experiences.  As he went through college, did more things, and went on trips/excursions, he began to get that.

Jose didn't even try to see the value in occasionally making a very special trip to somewhere so different.  They could easily budget for it.

Jose’s reaction to Rachel when she brought up consummation makes me think that may be an bigger issue than money. Be afraid, Rachel, be very afraid. 

And, well, it appears, given the divorce for Clara and Ryan, that it's possible that the related concern many here had about Ryan may very well be true for Jose.  Just sayin'.

Ryan is probably the most expressionless person I’ve seen on this show. He always looks checked out. He’s white knuckling his way through this show. 

Interestingly, when the whole gang was eating dinner outside at that table, he seemed very conversational and engaged.  But one-on-one, just no.

11 hours ago, Yeah No said:

While I agree with you I also think people have to think about the messages they send to others with their wardrobe and their behavior.  I can't expect a man not to at least think I might want to have sex with him if I dress very provocatively.  If he acts like he expects me to have it or tries to force himself on me based on how I'm dressing game over and he's a dirt bag, but I can't blame him for getting aroused and thinking I might be telling him with my wardrobe that I want to have sex with him.  So maybe if that's not my intention I should dress a little less provocatively because I wouldn't want to send the wrong message.  We get down on Johnny for sending mixed messages but this can also be a mixed message.

I wouldn't dress in sweats and slippers on an interview either for the same reason.  I would look ridiculous if I dug my heels in the ground and complained that employers won't hire me because they are making unfair assumptions about me and my ability to do the job based on my attire.  Should they look deeper than my wardrobe?  Perhaps, but like it or not people will form impressions about us based on how we dress and we wouldn't want them to get the wrong one, so dressing the way we want them to see us might be a good idea.  Just as we want to put our best foot forward and represent ourselves in the way we want people to receive us on a personal level, it also extends to what we wear.  And first impressions often can't be undone.  

I have never heard it presented that way, with the analogy to impressions people get from dress in other situations.  Very thought-provoking.  And I agree about the arousal/thought vs. action thing.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, buttersister said:

LOL, speaking of typos......😉

• LOL 2

I just watched Unfiltered and Johnny tells that he doesn’t stay with Bao after they return from the honeymoon!

I never wanted to believe Jose wasn’t husband material but now I’m wondering!

Edited by Jeanne222
14 hours ago, Ms.C. said:

Odd to me how few people on this blog  really understand FICO and credit ratings but pass on bad info anyway.  My own FICO is 848 out of possible 850 and I am not rich.  

Nor am I a penny pincher, have charts and checklists, or am considered either overly-generous or a tightwad.  I pay off balances monthly which is big part of credit rating.  

My score is not that great, but I have a AMEX platinum and Black card.  I see people killing themselves to have the perfect credit score and I wonder why.  I used to be that way too.  Jose can use the 815 to get cheap loans or a bigger house with a cheaper mortgage.  But killing yourself over a score seems counterproductive.  Jose is more than his score.

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, Gator Stud said:

My score is not that great, but I have a AMEX platinum and Black card.  I see people killing themselves to have the perfect credit score and I wonder why.  I used to be that way too.  Jose can use the 815 to get cheap loans or a bigger house with a cheaper mortgage.  But killing yourself over a score seems counterproductive.  Jose is more than his score.

I certainly haven’t killed myself to get that score. And getting the prrk of cheaper money makes it worthwhile. Just use cards snd pay off every month. Make a larger purchase on card, then use savings to pay off.  A high credit score generally means you know your limit, use vendors money without interest for thirty days, and are low risk. When I was young, credit cards pay monthly payment  at least interest was tax deductible. When that stopped, I quit spending beyond my means.  Much happier.  

• Love 7
On 8/26/2021 at 10:21 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

I’m just now watching this and I swear I thought Jose was gonna cream his pants waiting for his chance to tell Rachel what his credit score was. I don’t see him as a good provider, just a stingy one. Las Vegas is a hard sell when you have your heart set on Switzerland and I don’t see him willing to compromise. Jose’s reaction to Rachel when she brought up consummation makes me think tha

Well, they better go to Switzerland NOW, because if they stay together and have kids, they ain’t going nowhere except to kiddy places like Disneyworld.  At one time my Son worked for United Airlines and we had free passes to go anywhere.  We went to places in this country, but he told us to go to Italy.  My husband didn’t want to see museums and churches, so we didn’t go.  Now I’m sorry I wasn’t more firm on going, as our Son changed jobs.  Big mistake.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

never wanted to believe Jose wasn’t husband material but now I’m wondering!

Maybe he’s trying to find himself and using her?  I just don’t know about him.  Why is he so hesitant to haves sex?  She looks willing.  I went out with a guy in my teens who never attempted to make out.  Gay.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, Yeah No said:

LOL, speaking of typos......😉

Bao is a wreck about almost everything.  He’s getting tired of it already.  I can’t believe she had sex with someone else.  She was probably drunk.  Another imperfect match.  They do this on purpose.  What’s with Ryan?  He always looks angry.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Lol I saw that after I posted. Thought about changing it then decided some will remember the commercial some won’t…so it goes!

I remember Calgon.  How about Timeaxe take a licken or keep on ticken?  Or John Cameron Swazy on the news?  Yes, I’m that old, and still kicken.  Our first tv had a round screen. Lol.  Now, we have three 44 inch smart TVs.  Tv is our life now, especially with this Covid shit, and a third shot on the way.  Ugh.  We don’t even eat out anymore.  I’m gonna shoot myself someday.

• Love 3
On 8/25/2021 at 8:33 PM, Straycat80 said:

What is this conversation Bao and Johnny are having? Are they really stressing about showering, sleeping on the couch, changing the sheets, it’s exhausting listening to them and now Bao seems kinda extra too. Another great matching job ‘experts’. 

Yes. These things are things that in marriages, people deal with. You compromise, or get over it, cause in the grand scheme of things, no biggie. 

• Love 6

I love Bao.  Johnny, not as much.  I feel like he's playing the role of former lothario and it annoys me.

That said, I think both of them made a much bigger deal out of snoring and showering I'll bet b/c production told them too otherwise the two of them seem to have no drama.

I think Ryan is already way checked out.  I think Brett is one of those women that talks non stop about feelings and her big boobs aren't enough to keep men interested.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, zenme said:

Yes. These things are things that in marriages, people deal with. You compromise, or get over it, cause in the grand scheme of things, no biggie. 

Yep.  You don’t know a person until you live with them, no matter how long you go out with them.  Everyone has some quirks and you just have to deal with them.  We are all human and not perfect.  You just have to deal with it and sometimes just laugh about things or else you are doomed.  No biggie is right.  I don’t think Johnny could live with anyone.  He’s OCD.  She’s scared like hell to sleep with him, snoring, no showers, bad breath, clean sheets.  How will she ever have sex and do certain things.  She’ll throw up, hahaha.  Him too.  They’ll probably have a basin full of water and antibacterial soap on a wash rag next to the bed, and a spittoon. Lol.

Edited by kristen111
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1