Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E06: Out of the Comfort Zone and Into the Sea

• Start Topic

The honeymoon continues in the Florida Keys for just four of the couples; despite trying exciting new activities and taking stabs at romance, some start to learn that their differences are greater than they imagined.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 1

I can only imagine the shitshow coming tonight. So many questions.  Does Brett own a bra? Is Ryan checked out? Will Jose do something masculine? Will Rachael surrender her wallet?  Will Jonny show Bao the proper way to kiss? Will Myrna be bitchy this episode, and what things will she complain about this time? Will Gill get any action?  Has Michaela's libido calmed down? Will Zack cry this episode? 

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
(edited)

Red  flags…Get your red flags here…Beat the rush before tonight’s episode…You can’t have too many red flags…Don’t be caught without red flags to wave…

We have 100 Children embroidered on Red silk flags to wave during Johnny’s and Bao’s segments…

Special order The Mega Giant Red  Flags to run around the room during Jose’s and Rachel’s storylines…

Soon to come….Rachel’s flags with SOS in blinking LED lights 

The PTer site was down for a short time this am so if it is unavailable again... see y'all on the other side the episode.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 8
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, spunky said:

I agree with Myrla, politics is a deal breaker.  Especially if the other person is on the extreme end of the political spectrum. 

Yes, and it was interesting that Brett said she and Ryan had different political views.  

Gil talks and acts like he wants to be a talk show host.  He needs to tone it down. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
(edited)
12 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Johnny:  "Do I have to hold in my farts?"  I understand him completely because I'd be wondering the same thing with a new partner.  I like him.

No, John Boy but use your good manners to forcefully fluff and bellow the flat sheet and duvet like a sail to hide the Pffft sound and diffuse the stink cloud…..

Johnny, you’re good at running…make a dash for the patio or garage to poot.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Yes, and it was interesting that Brett said she and Ryan had different political views.  

Gil talks and acts like he wants to be a talk show host.  He needs to tone it down. 

Ryan is in oil and gas - big business. Brett is a teacher - hearts and minds. I am not surprised they have different political views. 
I was impressed by Brett working through her fear of the water and being a good sport about it.  Not wanting to look at the manatee wasn’t really a big deal to me because she was such a good sport about the kayak in general. 

I think  Gil has been asked to bring up table topics just like he was asked to bring up pool topics last episode. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Useful 2
  • Love 16
3 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

No, John Boy but use your good manners to forcefully fluff and bellow the flat sheet and duvet like a sail to hide the Pffft sound and diffuse the stink cloud…..

I'm sure that's what he'd do, plus have some fragrance to spray.   

• Love 1

What is this conversation Bao and Johnny are having? Are they really stressing about showering, sleeping on the couch, changing the sheets, it’s exhausting listening to them and now Bao seems kinda extra too. Another great matching job ‘experts’. 

Edited by Straycat80
  • Love 11
10 minutes ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

Wow, Bao doesn’t even wash after a workout, much less after a long work day?  Yikes.  I don’t blame Johnny at all for being grossed out.

That’s not what I heard her say.  I heard her say that she usually has 1 shower a day, but occasionally not.  She is such a  worry wort that I bet she never goes to bed  dirty  and is overthinking that one time at leadership camp. Turning it into a big deal, making up situations, when we’ve all extremely rarely not showered one day.  For example when your loved one and you spent the evening on the ER and  it was after midnight when you got home. 

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

I’m shocked nobody had sex yet.  I thought Brett and Rachel did for sure.

People on this show lie about that all the time. They all could of for all we know.

A platter of chocolate chip cookies?

That may actually be the key to my heart.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
(edited)

Bao, as a singleton you can broast in your own juices but if you have a partner who likes you to shower before bed then you buck up and wash your body and lady bits because it makes you more attractive to him.

Laziness or afraid of washing too often because you were under the false impression that you were stripping your natural oils from your skin and hair?  That is an Old Wives’ tale...
Just use gentle body wash and gentle shampoo…
Bao….You are self conscious about snoring…Johnny’s not going to go Downtown if you haven’t showered…

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

That’s not what I heard her say.  I heard her say that she usually has 1 shower a day, but occasionally not.  She is such a  worry wort that I bet she never goes to bed  dirty  and is overthinking that one time at leadership camp. Turning it into a big deal, making up situations, when we’ve all extremely rarely not showered one day.  For example when your loved one and you spent the evening on the ER and  it was after midnight when you got home. 

Her wording was confusing. She said I know you (Johnny) shower twice a day when sometimes I don't shower that much in a week.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

I’m shocked nobody had sex yet.  I thought Brett and Rachel did for sure.

Well - whatshisname and Michaela seemed as though they might have had sex and they weren't there for the non-scientific poll...

Bao doesn't shower every day and she snores.  Johnny farts.  Sounds like a good match to me.  Seriously.

Everyone misses a shower now and again and everyone farts. This seemed to me like a manufactured issue to create drama where there isn't any...

• Love 12
(edited)

Hope the dog, Hype takes a sh*t in every pair of her shoes and pees on her clothes….

Not really…but production shenannies will have Hype chew a stunt red bottomed Loubie…

Hype is an innocent party to this terrible match…

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 4
  • Love 10

This show can't even get the basics right.

Putting people together with different outlooks on when or if they want to have children? Come on.

I would also be cool if they stopped putting people on here with pets. They don't put people on here with kids. They could do that too. It's basically the same thing with the way people are with their pets. Let them find their spouse on their own.

• Love 14

Bao seems like she's acting to me. Gil sometimes, too.

Myrla is always bitching about something! Good Lord! I couldn't be friends with her, let alone married. Cripes, so much complaining about a scoop of gelato!? 

• Love 19
16 minutes ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

Poor Gil, my God.  They really did him wrong pairing him with Myrla.  She won’t even walk his dog?!

I think they are a terrible match but ... for once, I am sort of on Myrla's side. I love dogs; I have four. I don't want anyone taking care of them who doesn't want to be taking care of them. Myrla never wanted a dog and I don't think that she should have to take care of one if she doesn't want one. Picking up after a big dog is no fun, no matter how much you love them.

• Love 17
40 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Oh Gil, I would worry more about Myrla not kissing you yet instead of her walking your dog. 
I’m not watching the first hour of this but as of right now I have no hope for any of these couples. 

Me either.  All mismatched.  They tell the experts what they need, then get the opposite.  Myrla is a real pain.  There’s no room for compromise with her as she has to have her way.  No kiss since the wedding?  I’d go home and tell her to take a walk .. by herself.  I loved when he kissed the dog.  He is so gorgeous.  Why did he go on this show?  Probably on a dare. from his friends at the firehouse.  Don’t tell me he can’t find a wife.  Women adore Firemen.

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
(edited)

Jose expected Rachel to get horny when he said his credit score was 815….hahaha…

Jose, however does get hard when he checks his credit score….he’s so impressed with himself….

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 14
  • Love 3

Johnny looked horrified when Bao said that sometimes she skips showering.  He said that if they were dating, he'd be out.  I believe this is what is going to take them down.  

I hope production asked Gil to lead with the questions, because he is slowing starting to get on my nerves.  I don't particularly care for Myrla, but she specifically stated that she is not a pet person.  And what did they do? They matched her with a guy who owns a bull dog pit bull.  Not a chihuahua;  a freeking bull dog. pit bull.  

I don't see one couple in this group making it to a year.   

Edited by Adeejay
  • Love 10

Well, folks, I think we now have evidence that couple are NOT matched for similarities but for differences.  From Brett’s mouth to viewers’ ears.   I’m sorry for them. 

And Poor Bao. Showers 3x a day?  Anyone else suspect Johnny OCD?    Bao has a serious crush on Johnny.  She’s almost a schoolgirl again. She’s the real catch.  The real Johnny revealing ...

Edited by Ms.C.
Extra thought.
  • Love 6

On Unfiltered, Diva Since Day One denied being a diva from day one — “Not true” — right before they replayed her saying she’d been a diva since day one.

Also, I noticed that she never stopped putting the “too chocolaty” gelato into her pie hole. 

She makes it challenging not to loathe her. (I’m team diva on the dog walker and I love dogs.)

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

So, Bao.  
I have depression and anxiety.  On my bad days, showering is hard.  She said sometimes she gets sad or something happens.  Sounds like me. With all the times she talks about her faults, I bet mental health has something to do with it. 

I like Gil and Myrla with their bantering.  I don’t think they will work, but he asks the hard questions.  I’m a dog person though and her reactions would drive me away.  It’s fine for her, but not for me. And that’s ok.  She will never compromise though.  

Agree with the poster who said they are all mismatched.  They sure are. 

Edited by Meowwww
  • Love 13

Gil is so obviously over this.  He knows his wife is a nightmare so he's just fucking with her now for fun.  And she doesn't even know he's doing it!  I doubt very much that he really wants 7 or 8 kids, but he senses that Myrla is NOT going to be on board with that so he is messing with her mind.  He is having her on because he knows they are a terrible match.

Brett says she is determined to find out why she and Ryan were matched.  She actually has bought it that there is some deep reason why they were matched, but is still at a total loss to find it given all their disconnects.  Keep digging down deep, Brett, but unless you wake up to the fact that the reason is "drama" you're not going to come up with anything.  How many conflicting compatibility points can we add to their pile?  Now politics?  

It's no wonder Johnny is still single and has had a zillion dates he's passed over if just hearing that Bao is a little shy about her snoring can make him want to run for the door.  That's a classic commitment-phobe if I ever saw one.  How rigid is he about mundane and relatively unimportant things?  If these are the things that are big issues to him how is he ever going to live with another person?  He is making mountains out of molehills.  Honestly, I don't blame Bao that much for overthinking this and being even more because it's obvious that Johnny can be pretty rigid and picayune about some very mundane things that shouldn't matter that much at all.  I feel for Bao because it's like he wants a perfect woman and there is no perfect woman.

José looks like he wants to micromanage their money.  Yeah, I wouldn't like that either.  It looks like it's shaping up to be a power struggle based on money between him and Rachel.  I feel for her.

• Like 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Adeejay said:

Johnny looked horrified when Bao said that sometimes she skips showering.  He said that if they were dating, he'd be out.  I believe this is what is going to take them down.  

I’d be less concerned with her cavalier attitude with regard to showering and more concerned about her history of depression. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

I have depression and anxiety.  On my bad days, showering is hard.  She said sometimes she gets sad or something happens.  Sounds like me. With all the times she talks about her faults, I bet mental health has something to do with it. 

Yeah, I noticed she said she might not shower when she gets sad, and I wonder if it's more significant than when she comes home and is too tired to shower.  Personally, I can't stand going to bed if I've been sweaty that day, so I don't get it, but I also don't get people who don't shower in the morning.  Fortunately, this was all hashed out in the discussions about that filthy pig Mindy, so we don't have to get into it again.

3 hours ago, spunky said:

I agree with Myrla, politics is a deal breaker.  Especially if the other person is on the extreme end of the political spectrum. 

And I think she made a good point about concern about others driving one's political views, in contrast to Gil saying it was all about what would help him advance.  I was actually disappointed because I loved Gil when we first met him, but that started wearing off with a quickness in this episode. 

10 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

I like Gil and Myrla with their bantering.  

I do, too.  And I adore Myrla's laugh.  She's making it very very hard for me to even like her, and then she'll give that throaty laugh and I start trying all over again.

1 hour ago, Adeejay said:

I don't particularly care for Myrla, but she specifically stated that she is not a pet person.  And what did they do? They matched her with a guy who owns a bull dog.  Not a chihuahua;  a freeking bull dog. 

I'm (obviously) no dog expert, but my understanding is he has a pit bull mix, which to me is different from a bulldog, which I think are those smashed-face fat little dogs that can't breathe right.  Pit bulls are different.

That said, I find chihuahuas very annoying.  I don't fear they're going to maul me, but that's about the only good thing I can say about them in comparison to a pit bull.  Well, maybe their shit is smaller.  But it's still shit, and maybe it's a hideous sign of selfishness, but I don't think someone who doesn't want to should have to pick up the shit of a dog they don't own.

My satellite was going in and out.  Did Gil say who walks his dogs when he's doing his 24-hour shifts?  If he has a dog walker, then why can't he keep having the dog walker?  On Unfiltered, Johnny was trying to tell Myrla that she should be honored that Gil wanted/trusted her to walk his dog, and presumably to no one's surprise, Myrla wasn't having it.  [And if Jamie Otis says "gotcha" one more time, I'm gonna scream.]

In other news, why didn't they just drive the boat out there to get Johnny?  And kudos to the guy who was hooking them into their parasailing equipment and said, "Y'all are crazy.  I wouldn't do this."  I think he and Myrla would be a good banter match.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

My satellite was going in and out.  Did Gil say who walks his dogs when he's doing his 24-hour shifts?  If he has a dog walker, then why can't he keep having the dog walker?  On Unfiltered, Johnny was trying to tell Myrla that she should be honored that Gil wanted/trusted her to walk his dog, and presumably to no one's surprise, Myrla wasn't having it.  [And if Jamie Otis says "gotcha" one more time, I'm gonna scream.]

He did say he has a dog walker.  But why he would expect Myrla to walk the dog just because they're married didn't sit right with me.  Suddenly it's too expensive?  Like her time isn't worth money?  She has to work too!  Again, I think he is just messing with her because he knows they are not going to make it.

But yeah, the more Gil opens his mouth the more I am kind of forgetting about what a hunk he is.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
33 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

Gil is so obviously over this.  He knows his wife is a nightmare so he's just fucking with her now for fun.  And she doesn't even know he's doing it!  I doubt very much that he really wants 7 or 8 kids, but he senses that Myrla is NOT going to be on board with that so he is messing with her mind.  He is having her on because he knows they are a terrible match.

Brett says she is determined to find out why she and Ryan were matched.  She actually has bought it that there is some deep reason why they were matched, but is still at a total loss to find it given all their disconnects.  Keep digging down deep, Brett, but unless you wake up to the fact that the reason is "drama" you're not going to come up with anything.  How many conflicting compatibility points can we add to their pile?  Now politics?  

It's no wonder Johnny is still single and has had a zillion dates he's passed over if just hearing that Bao is a little shy about her snoring can make him want to run for the door.  That's a classic commitment-phobe if I ever saw one.  How rigid is he about mundane and relatively unimportant things?  If these are the things that are big issues to him how is he ever going to live with another person?  He is making mountains out of molehills.  Honestly, I don't blame Bao that much for overthinking this and being even more because it's obvious that Johnny can be pretty rigid and picayune about some very mundane things that shouldn't matter that much at all.  I feel for Bao because it's like he wants a perfect woman and there is no perfect woman.

José looks like he wants to micromanage their money.  Yeah, I wouldn't like that either.  It looks like it's shaping up to be a power struggle based on money between him and Rachel.  I feel for her.

Have the experts talked to any of these couples? I remember Shawniece and Jephthe having multiple FaceTime sessions with when they had problems on their honeymoon 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Racj82 said:

People on this show lie about that all the time. They all could of for all we know.

A platter of chocolate chip cookies?

That may actually be the key to my heart.

I was so wishing Gil would give her the same sour attitude back she always displays.  "Are these vegan cookies?  Gluten-free?  What is the calorie count?  They seem stale -- when were they baked?"

• LOL 6
  • Love 18
5 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Well - whatshisname and Michaela seemed as though they might have had sex and they weren't there for the non-scientific poll...

Everyone misses a shower now and again and everyone farts. This seemed to me like a manufactured issue to create drama where there isn't any...

Just like the couples brushing their teeth together to create the illusion of intimacy where there isn't any.  So sick of seeing that over and over!

• Love 3
6 hours ago, honeywest said:

Bao just told Johnny she sometimes gets too depressed to shower or even get undressed, and all he heard was “I don’t shower every day.”

Yeah...that's all i hear. I saw someone here relating to that and that's cool. Everyone deals with depression in different ways but go take a damn shower. Pre covid, jumping in the bed with your germs from the day on you is already gross to me. Now we are nearly two years into a pandemic. Wash yourself. For your own health and for those around you. 

It's sounds like Johnny showers after the gym, when he wakes up and after he gets home. I've seen this be proposed as possible OCD which I don't subscribe to. Most people shower one of those times, if not two. He just does all of them.

I never understood the shower in the morning. I get it if you sweat at night which I don't or if you you were engaging in some sexual activities in the night time. But, beyond that, it seems pointless. You just slept. I wash up in the morning, that's it.

The whole dog walking thing always looks like one of the shittiest things about having dogs. I don't like pets. I don't want pets. So, I ride with Myrla on this one. She's not even asking to get rid of the dog. She just doesn't want those extra responsibilities. I hear my friend having to worry who is walking the dog between him and girlfriend all the time. Having to spend what little break time they get running home just to walk the dog. That's a no for me. 

This needs to be something the show and people in life need to stop acting it's something minor. Having a pet and wanting pets are big things. It's not something a lot of people just get over. The same with kids. Do better show. I know you won't though.

• Love 5