Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E06: Out of the Comfort Zone and Into the Sea

• Start Topic

22 minutes ago, Boo Boo said:

I love Bao.  Johnny, not as much.  I feel like he's playing the role of former lothario and it annoys me.

That said, I think both of them made a much bigger deal out of snoring and showering I'll bet b/c production told them too otherwise the two of them seem to have no drama.

I think Ryan is already way checked out.  I think Brett is one of those women that talks non stop about feelings and her big boobs aren't enough to keep men interested.  

Are her boobs fake?  I can’t tell.

On 8/26/2021 at 9:10 AM, StatisticalOutlier said:

And speaking of insulting, I don't want to run the risk of insulting anyone here, but is Jose's credit score really all that great?  Sure, it's as high as it can get, but doesn't that just mean that he has or has had mortgages and loans he makes timely payments on, and that he probably pays off his credit card every month?  In other words, that he lives within his (presumably substantial) means?  Seems to me that should be sort of the baseline, not something to crow about.

I’m more curious to see  Myrla’s credit score.

Edited by Maximadc
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, kristen111 said:

Are her boobs fake?  I can’t tell.

I think they're real. I don't think fake boobs get saggy?  But what do I know, haha?  Myrla's, whose are way up on her chest and are very round and don't move--those are fake.

Edited by greeneyedscorpio
  • Love 6

You have to be rich to be able to live like a poor man. ~ French Proverb
Source: https://proverbicals.com/rich-men-poor-men

I think I make about the same amount per year as Myrla however, I don’t buy Chanel slippers and I don’t wear Louboutin shoes to work. She makes good money, so she can look into investment and other options.If she stays in education, she will never make some crazy amounts unless she becomes a Superintendent.

One more thing…

I still don’t understand how she can be an educator, especially as she claims, helping disadvantaged kids! Is she playing a role on teevee?

Edited by Maximadc
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Maximadc said:

You have to be rich to be able to live like a poor man. ~ French Proverb
Source: https://proverbicals.com/rich-men-poor-men

I think I make about the same amount per year as Myrla however, I don’t buy Chanel slippers and I don’t wear Louboutin shoes to work. She makes good money, so she can look into investment and other options.If she stays in education, she will never make some crazy amounts unless she becomes a Superintendent.

One more thing…

I still don’t understand how she can be an educator, especially as she claims, helping disadvantaged kids! Is she playing a role on teevee?

I’m curious as to what folks think Myrla makes per year. I just can’t imagine she’s living within her means. She’s an educator, not in public education, but do we really think she makes that much?

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, CSunshine76 said:

I’m curious as to what folks think Myrla makes per year. I just can’t imagine she’s living within her means. She’s an educator, not in public education, but do we really think she makes that much?

I have absolutely nothing to base this on whatsoever but I'm guessing $120,000...

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Leadership Coach - Midwest

Here are some examples of what a Leadership Coach might do: • Facilitating weekly goals-based coaching aligned to program priorities and differentiated for individual leader needs and context • Contributing to the design of a professional development scope and sequence for new and veteran school leaders • Designing and facilitating professional development for new school leaders and current school leaders • Developing and managing relationships with TNTP's partners in alignment with our shared goals • Collaborating with network and district leadership to observe and deliver concrete, actionable feedback to new and veteran school leaders • Collaborating with TNTP Leadership Coaches across contracts to develop TNTP's best practices in leadership development • Leading and supporting team-wide efforts to innovate and improve results across our work with Chicago Public Schools • Serving as a leader in the local educational sector advocating for improved educational opportunities for children • Transforming challenges into opportunities – for your team, for your residents and school leaders you support • Utilizing data to drive program or overall contract improvement • Advocating for diversity, equity and inclusion across all of your work

What We Offer

TNTP offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience in a similar position with the potential for an annual performance-based bonus. The salary range for this position is $93,600 - $140,400. New hires are typically brought into the organization at a salary between the range minimum and midpoint depending on experience and in alignment with internal equity.  We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, covering the majority of the employee premium for the base medical plan and subsidizing the majority of costs for a spouse/domestic partner and children. Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, commuter benefits, referral bonuses, professional development, and a 403(b) plan. We also offer an inclusive environment where staff are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work every day.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Gator Stud said:

My score is not that great, but I have a AMEX platinum and Black card.  I see people killing themselves to have the perfect credit score and I wonder why.  I used to be that way too.  Jose can use the 815 to get cheap loans or a bigger house with a cheaper mortgage.  But killing yourself over a score seems counterproductive.  Jose is more than his score.

He probably thinks he's less than his score or he wouldn't be flashing it around like he's overcompensating for being inadequate somewhere else, LOL.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Well, they better go to Switzerland NOW, because if they stay together and have kids, they ain’t going nowhere except to kiddy places like Disneyworld.  At one time my Son worked for United Airlines and we had free passes to go anywhere.  We went to places in this country, but he told us to go to Italy.  My husband didn’t want to see museums and churches, so we didn’t go.  Now I’m sorry I wasn’t more firm on going, as our Son changed jobs.  Big mistake.

I agree, they shouldn't wait.  I never had kids but all my friends with kids say the same thing.  Once you have them you don't travel as much or to such great places.

15-20 years ago I worked for a VP in a big company who used to gift me with his flyer miles because he had more than he ever needed, so I used to make good use of them on trips everywhere.  My husband and I went to the UK and Ireland but my boss left the job before we could go to Italy.  And guess what, we still haven't gone!  So my advice is go!  A lot of people think they're going to want to travel in retirement, but you never know what life is going to hand you by the time you get there.  I'm glad I did a tremendous amount of traveling when I was younger because now in this "uncertain world" we're living in, who knows if I'd ever be able to go to any of those places?

• Love 6
16 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Maybe he’s trying to find himself and using her?  I just don’t know about him.  Why is he so hesitant to haves sex?  She looks willing.  I went out with a guy in my teens who never attempted to make out.  Gay.

I feel the way you do about José.  Usually when my gaydar keeps flip-flopping and can't decide about a guy it probably means that he's somewhere between gay and straight.  José may be mostly gay but straight enough to want to try to be straight for life as in marriage because he wants kids so badly and doesn't want to do it with a surrogate.  He wants a home with both parents because he may have a traditional streak about those things.  So I think he may be a bit ambivalent about women in general in a sexual way so he is putting his toe in the Rachel water like he's afraid it might be too cold for him.  Kissing is fine but he's conflicted about the rest.  He may not be that much less conflicted about having sex with a man either, and that's probably why he's still not spoken for at his age. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

I don't think so based on the fact they aren't perky!  (Like mine!)

I'm assuming that your boobs are naturally perky, though, LOL.  Mine were until a few years ago, but that's what happens after 60, I guess.

Unnaturally perky boobs often look like Myrla's - rigid and somehow don't sit like anything found in nature, LOL.

If Brett's boobs were fake they wouldn't look so saggy and oblong, like something from out of a National Geographic magazine, LOL.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, CSunshine76 said:

I’m curious as to what folks think Myrla makes per year. I just can’t imagine she’s living within her means. 

@Maximadc posted information from Myrla's employer's website. If they pay $93-140K in the midwest, and Texas salaries are similar, that's consistent with what @Elizzikra suggested. The job description mentioned possible bonuses. Plus, some of the educators have other sources of income beyond their primary job.

Are the shoes, clothes, and accessories she's worn so far particularly expensive? Does she shop sales? Does she have a few expensive items rather than a lot of inexpensive items?

Myrla  could be living above her means. Or, she may spend less than Rachel spends on monthly vacations and less than Jose spent on his two houses. Maybe her botox and lash budget is comparable to what Gil spends on Hype.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Rae Spellman said:

Are the shoes, clothes, and accessories she's worn so far particularly expensive? Does she shop sales? Does she have a few expensive items rather than a lot of inexpensive items?

Myrla  could be living above her means. Or, she may spend less than Rachel spends on monthly vacations and less than Jose spent on his two houses. Maybe her botox and lash budget is comparable to what Gil spends on Hype.

I think Myrla wants people to think she can afford more than she can and her idea of "designer" is what she finds at Nordstrom Rack or Marshall's.  Nobody with any real money is impressed by a lot of those designer names anymore because so many of them are available at off-price stores or websites, outlet malls or any local Macy's clearance rack.  And you don't see people with any real money shopping at those places.  Big whoop, I got a Calvin Klein bathing suit topper for $35.00 on clearance.  It's even cheaper to get the used stuff on Poshmark or eBay.  Designer name, yeah, but not the real high end designer stuff.  There's the stuff sold at middle class stores and the stuff sold only to the real rich.  Myrla acts like a "nouveau riche" type.  Like she doesn't even know how low class her behavior looks to people that know better.

If she suddenly started sporting high end designer watches, Tiffany jewelry or Louis Vuitton luggage that didn't look like a cheap knock-off maybe she's living above her means, but I somehow really doubt that.

I don't think it's as easy to get off-prices on her botox and lash stuff, though.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I'm glad I did a tremendous amount of traveling when I was younger because now in this "uncertain world" we're living in, who knows if I'd ever be able to go to any of those places?

I have 71 days till our Provence trip, I am now triple vax'd, we have to have a PCR Covid test 72 hours prior to take off, we will get testing periodically on the boat, (Viking actually built a testing lab on board all boats!), and tested prior to disembarking, we may not be able to go off on our own in ports, just do the group tours but we are so ready to pack a suitcase none of that will bother us, I want to try a Lyonnaise Salad in Lyon so I can compare mine to see if I make it correctly.

I have a friend who buys Burberry, LV, YSL bags, etc...she does not dress to "match," she wears sloppy tees and baggy shorts and shapeless dresses, also she currently is carrying a winter Burberry bag in summer, it is a miss match for sure, Myrla wears nice clothes and accessories with a nice bag so I have to give her that, she puts forth an effort.

• Love 3
On 8/26/2021 at 11:09 AM, Alexander Pope said:

You know I actually liked her better this week.  She seemed a lot more engaging and funny in a larger group.  And she seemed to be vibing a little better with Gil.  She has more humor than I gave her credit for.  She's still extra and complains way too much IMO, but now I think it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to hang out with her.  And maybe I'm saying this because I haven't had enough coffee, but I think she reminds me of a drag queen!

I disagree and think she’s unbearable but I do agree that she looks like a drag queen ! 

• LOL 3
8 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I'm assuming that your boobs are naturally perky, though, LOL.  Mine were until a few years ago, but that's what happens after 60, I guess.

Unnaturally perky boobs often look like Myrla's - rigid and somehow don't sit like anything found in nature, LOL.

If Brett's boobs were fake they wouldn't look so saggy and oblong, like something from out of a National Geographic magazine, LOL.

Ha, I meant mine aren't perky.  I'm 54 and they haven't been perky for years! 

I haven't even noticed Myrla's boobs yet, but doing a rewatch and Rachel's boobs look really weird to me in the dinner scene!

• LOL 1
9 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I feel the way you do about José.  Usually when my gaydar keeps flip-flopping and can't decide about a guy it probably means that he's somewhere between gay and straight.  José may be mostly gay but straight enough to want to try to be straight for life as in marriage because he wants kids so badly and doesn't want to do it with a surrogate.  He wants a home with both parents because he may have a traditional streak about those things.  So I think he may be a bit ambivalent about women in general in a sexual way so he is putting his toe in the Rachel water like he's afraid it might be too cold for him.  Kissing is fine but he's conflicted about the rest.  He may not be that much less conflicted about having sex with a man either, and that's probably why he's still not spoken for at his age. 

I think he is definitely gender fluid and might be from a family that is conservative about that.  Just based on his mannerisms.  The fact that he makes out publicly so hard, yet wont try anything else, practically seals the deal.  I saw him embracing Johnny in the previews.  Thats his TRUE crush. If things dont work out with Rachael, I have a guy friend that would be perfect for him.  He is uptight about money too, so I think they would definitely work out.  I think he has a higher score than Jose.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Rae Spellman said:

@Maximadc posted information from Myrla's employer's website. If they pay $93-140K in the midwest, and Texas salaries are similar, that's consistent with what @Elizzikra suggested. The job description mentioned possible bonuses. Plus, some of the educators have other sources of income beyond their primary job.

Taxes have to come out of that and she is in a single tax bracket.  So its really $60K-$100K cash. If rent is $2K that is $24K/year.  If she drives a MB thats another $12K/year.  Food and Utilities another $24K. So she doesnt have much left.  Loubies are like $900-$2K each. 

• Useful 2

Loved this episode. I'm loving Gil the more I see of him. He's such an easygoing person which shows his maturity. I liked what he said about politics though I think it would be the exception & extremely rare for two opposing political minds to get along. But when Myrla said "it's not about the self," I hope Gil throws that in her face on every opportunity he gets. She seems very much about the self. Gil is a firefighter which is opposite of "the self." We'll see. I don't think they're hopeless yet. 

Ryan doesn't want babies. He just thinks it's what gets the ladies going.  It's also his way of saying "when we have sex, it WILL be unprotected." 

Johnny stranded out there in the middle of the sea (as I understand there was no imminent danger because HELLO- TV show), was hilarious. 

Edited by Kdawg82
  • Love 4

Why did Myrla sign up for the show? I hope Gil gets out quickly. She complains and shuts down anything he says. 
Yes Boa, you need to shower after the gym even if you plan to sleep on the couch. 
I thought Jose and Rachel had consummated. I was a bit surprised and now think maybe I shouldn’t ignore what others are saying, that he seems gay. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Yes Bao, you need to shower after the gym even if you plan to sleep on the couch. 

Right???  I wouldn't want any sweat on the couch either.  Gross.

I adore Bao, but this, too, would be my line in the sand.  I wouldn't end a relationship over it though, nor would I end it over her insecurities about her snoring.

My last boyfriend snored super loudly and he'd want to sit on the couch after a workout.  I gently guided him straight to the shower (he was cool with it), and I did end up sleeping in another room.  These had nothing to do with our breakup (his hiding the fact that he was still texting his exes did, lol).  But snoring, and a shower/not shower habit?  Mmm, no.

Maybe this was discussed, but.....why didn't Mikaela stay at the hotel in Florida?  Move to a different room, and get to know Zach more, at least through the window?  She could still "be there" with him, and it would have given her an opportunity to help take care of whatever he needed, i.e. bringing him favorite foods or other items.  She could have gone to dinner with the other couples, enjoyed her time, and brought Zach back some great food, or a dessert, something special each night.

Heck, they could have watched Netflix together.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Like 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Why did Myrla sign up for the show? I hope Gil gets out quickly. She complains and shuts down anything he says. 
Yes Boa, you need to shower after the gym even if you plan to sleep on the couch. 
I thought Jose and Rachel had consummated. I was a bit surprised and now think maybe I shouldn’t ignore what others are saying, that he seems gay. 

OK, we go from Bad to Bae to Boa, the list keeps growing!  🤣

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I felt Bao was making a mountain out of a molehill with the snoring but anyway glad she communicated the hurt feelings. And yes, if you're working out properly & sweating, you need a shower. If I'm *that* tired though, I skip the workout that day. Unless you've been covered in sweat or done something intense or dirty, there are times you could skip the shower. Johnny should just see how it plays out & stop harping on it. 

Edited by Kdawg82
  • Love 2
On 8/25/2021 at 6:40 PM, Straycat80 said:

Jose looks so scared and nervous when Rachel talks about consummating the marriage. Hmmm. 

EXACTLY!!!! He can make out & appear like they've already done it with no problem, but when it comes to actually doing it there's gotta be "boxes checked" all of a sudden. Mighty strange. I was thinking one of those boxes was a.... 😅😂

• Love 3
On 8/25/2021 at 9:41 PM, Yeah No said:

He did say he has a dog walker.  But why he would expect Myrla to walk the dog just because they're married didn't sit right with me.  Suddenly it's too expensive?  Like her time isn't worth money?  She has to work too! 

RIGHT?!! He went from saying he has a dog walker to saying it's a waste of money 5 seconds later. WTF?!! Um. It was fine all that time!! MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!! 😅😂

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Lindz said:

RIGHT?!! He went from saying he has a dog walker to saying it's a waste of money 5 seconds later. WTF?!! Um. It was fine all that time!! MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!! 😅😂

It made sense to Gil to have a dog walker when he lived alone and had to work 24 hour shifts. He thinks it's a waste of money when his wife is living there too and could walk the dog while he works. I don't agree or disagree necessarily but I can follow his logic.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Puke consummated his marriage,  He is gay or gender fluid.

38 minutes ago, Gator Stud said:

Puke consummated his marriage,  He is gay or gender fluid.

I think you might be confusing gender identity and sexuality. If José were "gender fluid," sometimes he would present as androgynous or feminine, and maybe use pronouns other than he/him. I don't think we've seen any evidence that he's not cisgender. If he's attracted to men and women to varying degrees, he would probably identify as bi, pan, or otherwise on the queer spectrum, provided he were to acknowledge this about himself and live that identity openly. Not that there's anything wrong with that. (I feel kind of bad being on the "José = gay" train, but so many of us are getting such strong vibes...)

• Love 2
On 8/28/2021 at 11:02 PM, Yeah No said:

We refer to the ones that look like Myrla's as "chesticles."  And it cracks me up that my autocorrect keeps trying to call her Mylar.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
7 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

It made sense to Gil to have a dog walker when he lived alone and had to work 24 hour shifts. He thinks it's a waste of money when his wife is living there too and could walk the dog while he works. I don't agree or disagree necessarily but I can follow his logic.

I wouldn’t expect nor want a person who doesn’t like dogs to walk my dog. I do think he is put off by her being so closed off to the idea,  
When she called for a “divorce check” twice I wish he would have told her that it’s probably best they divorce now. I’m shocked he mentioned wanting to have a lot of kids. Can you imagine the complaining that woman would do while pregnant? With a baby? A child? 

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

I wouldn’t expect nor want a person who doesn’t like dogs to walk my dog. I do think he is put off by her being so closed off to the idea,  
When she called for a “divorce check” twice I wish he would have told her that it’s probably best they divorce now. I’m shocked he mentioned wanting to have a lot of kids. Can you imagine the complaining that woman would do while pregnant? With a baby? A child? 

I completely agree - I have four dogs and a cat and I don't want anyone caring for them that doesn't want to be caring for them.

• Love 5
22 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Logic is fine but it has to take into account the personal aspects of the situation, which include the fairness of expecting a spouse to take over a certain responsibility when they themselves have a career and a lot on their plates too.  Just because she may be at home or able to go home more often on certain days doesn't mean she has the time to do it and that assumption is what I found presumptive of him.  It feels all too much like a man that doesn't value women's work because it's not as "important" as a man's work, so anything that happens at home is automatically her responsibility.  I suspect that he wouldn't like it if Myrla's solution to the problem was her paying to keep the dog walker because this isn't really about the money for Gil. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Logic is fine but it has to take into account the personal aspects of the situation, which include the fairness of expecting a spouse to take over a certain responsibility when they themselves have a career and a lot on their plates too.  Just because she may be at home or able to go home more often on certain days doesn't mean she has the time to do it and that assumption is what I found presumptive of him.  It feels all too much like a man that doesn't value women's work because it's not as "important" as a man's work, so anything that happens at home is automatically her responsibility.  I suspect that he wouldn't like it if Myrla's solution to the problem was her paying to keep the dog walker because this isn't really about the money for Gil. 

I will agree that Myrla doesn’t have to walk the dog since she is not a dog fan… but implying that she’s too good to do a chore in general for Gil when he’s at work during hours she isn’t should be looked at skeptically.  Gil is off multiple days a week.  A chore or two can and should be done for Myrla  by him on those days.   Dropping off dry cleaning, a stop at the store, etc.   

Because, let’s be  honest, Myrla will have expectations of Gil on his days off.  Who wouldn’t? 

I don’t see these two lasting.  She’s not going to want to share her income.   I think she  implied that in the unfiltered episode when asked if she’d pay part of Gil’s expenses to go on vacation with her if he couldn’t pay his half.   

Marriage isn’t 50/50 about anything including income.  It’s often 90/10 and then 10/90 later. 

• Love 1

I think that ALL of these couples will have a hard time compromising when they (pretend to) move in/live together. They are sounding like they think it is so unusual to have to get to compromise as they get to know how they are when they are together 24/7. EVERYONE has to make adjustments when they change their living arrangements. Granted, these are a bit more extreme, as they probably don't even know each other's idiosyncrasies that they would know if they dated, but it's not unique to just the people on the show. 

• Love 3
On 8/26/2021 at 8:25 AM, Alexander Pope said:

I am beginning to agree with this.  He is so serious and dour when they have these "arguments."  And very insecure--he wants her to reassure him and tell him how much she likes him/has a crush on him and then with the first hint of a conflict (and I know showering matters, but there are worse differences) he wants to bolt.  To be fair, he warned us that this was how he was.

That's what I find most problematic about these people. They own this behavior, proudly. It's so disturbing. Someone tell them it's NOT OKAY!!! They should be working on FIXING such serious, detrimental flaws... not marrying a stranger.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

I will agree that Myrla doesn’t have to walk the dog since she is not a dog fan… but implying that she’s too good to do a chore in general for Gil when he’s at work during hours she isn’t should be looked at skeptically.  Gil is off multiple days a week.  A chore or two can and should be done for Myrla  by him on those days.   Dropping off dry cleaning, a stop at the store, etc.   

Because, let’s be  honest, Myrla will have expectations of Gil on his days off.  Who wouldn’t? 

I don’t see these two lasting.  She’s not going to want to share her income.   I think she  implied that in the unfiltered episode when asked if she’d pay part of Gil’s expenses to go on vacation with her if he couldn’t pay his half.   

Marriage isn’t 50/50 about anything including income.  It’s often 90/10 and then 10/90 later. 

Taking care of a dog is not like dry cleaning.  It's a pet that needs regular attention, not an errand.  She didn't sign on for the dog, she wanted a husband.  If Gil had kids should he presume that she should take care of them on her days off?  Even if she liked pets or kids what if she didn't have time to do it?  Plus that's a lot of responsibility for someone that never walked a dog or lived with them before. 

I think he's being cheap and presumptuous.  Instead of asking her if she would be OK with doing it, he reacts by scoffing at how expensive dog walking is when before he got married he thought it was OK to spend that money even though he didn't even have two incomes coming into the household.  Now they have two incomes and suddenly NOW it's not OK?  Nobody told him to buy a dog.  I'm sorry but I see him as the one that's selfish in this situation.  I would never spring or force a chore on my spouse without asking them about it first.  To me that is an unfair expectation and shows a lack of considerateness.

That's not to say that if I were in her shoes having just married a stranger I wouldn't be on board with walking my husband's dog if I was home and he wasn't, but I'm a dog person so it wouldn't be a big deal for me.  But even if I just met my husband he'd NEVER expect me to do that without asking me first, and he certainly wouldn't hold it against me and act like it's too expensive to keep the dog walker if I didn't want to do it.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I think he's being cheap and presumptuous.  Instead of asking her if she would be OK with doing it, he reacts by scoffing at how expensive dog walking is when before he got married he thought it was OK to spend that money even though he didn't even have two incomes coming into the household.  Now they have two incomes and suddenly NOW it's not OK?  Nobody told him to buy a dog.  I'm sorry but I see him as the one that's selfish in this situation.  I would never spring or force a chore on my spouse without asking them about it first.  To me that is an unfair expectation and shows a lack of considerateness.

Agreed!  I can't stand Myrla (hate her constant complaining/whining about everything isn't "good enough"), but on this point, I agree with her.

She told the experts she doesn't like pets.  She told Gil early on that she isn't a fan.  For him to just expect her to take care of his dog is extremely presumptuous.  Plus, she offered to continue having the dog walker come, so she offered a solution.

Johnny reminds me of Seinfeld, knocking off every relationship for the tiniest thing.  

Bao better not eat her peas one at a time!

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
On 8/30/2021 at 10:52 AM, Elizzikra said:

I don’t know why Gil didn’t just paint spots on his dog and take her to work so he could walk her himself. 

• LOL 2
On 8/26/2021 at 9:24 AM, Auntie Anxiety said:

I find the name-changing “problem” to be making a mountain out of a molehill. Many women have careers prior to marriage and it would be bothersome/confusing to change one’s name in a business setting. Keep your maiden name, go by your “married name” unofficially if you have kids in school, and use your maiden name for the outside world. There’s no point in legally changing your name as long as you aren’t trying to con anyone. PLUS, when you get divorced, you don’t have to go to court to get your name back.

I did an alternative.  I went hyphenated.  I also kept my dad’s family name for my middle name.

There are more than two options for last names.  It isn’t an all or nothing proposition.

• Love 1
On 8/28/2021 at 8:55 PM, CSunshine76 said:

I’m curious to know what the heck she does anyhow in her job.  What does that title mean anyhow?  She’s an educator .. which means what .. teacher  ???

1 hour ago, kristen111 said:

I’m curious to know what the heck she does anyhow in her job.  What does that title mean anyhow?  She’s an educator .. which means what .. teacher  ???

I think she is some sort of consultant for education leaders - principals, superintendents, etc. I'm guessing maybe she coaches them and mentors them? I don't work in the education field so I'm not entirely sure what her day-to-day looks like or who hires her and picks up the tab (the school district?). But I don't think that she is a classroom teacher or an administrator herself anymore.

On 8/26/2021 at 5:09 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

I'm sure I’ll be sitting at a table by myself with imaginary flies circling my head but I don’t take a shower every day so it didn’t really get me too excited that Bao doesn’t unless it’s an underlying sign of depression which is a whole different issue. 

Nope, you're not alone. I sit at a desk all day, how dirty am I going to get? It just seems like a wasteful use of water. Unless I've come back from hiking or it's really hot out and the humidity makes me sweat, I don't feel the need. Granted, maybe that's why I'm still single, hahaha. I use antiperspirant, clean my feet daily, and have wipes in the bathroom. No flies here.

• Love 2