Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E05: The Rumor Mill

• Start Topic

Ashley’s new baby, Dylan, makes a first impression that Gizelle will never forget. Mia opens up about her childhood trauma to Gizelle and Robyn. Wendy looks to Eddie for support in her candle business, but he thinks her business plan isn’t up to par. Candiace hosts a girls’ trip to Williamsburg, VA, where the cold war between Gizelle and Karen heats back up.

Airdate: 08.08.2021

1 minute ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Wendy did absolutely no research into anything about business in general? Girl ….. girrrerrrl 

I know, right!? I find it hard to believe Dr. Wendy didn't even google or ask Siri how to start her own business. She may contain multitudes, but clueless doesn't need to be one of her personalities.

• Love 15

Wendy, we get it. You have a body. The point has been made.

Robyn was rude as hell ordering Mia to give up her room. What's the big friggin deal about not being on the same floor as Gizelle when you'll be spending all day together anyway?

• Love 21

Just a few thoughts—

• Why was Crocodile Dundee allowing that baby’s gear to flop all over the place while showing him to Dean??? Support the head!!!
  • Candiass knows good and well she didn’t “forget” to invite Ashley on the trip 🙄
  • Wendy did not even try to come up with a business plan 🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️
  • AND she is doing waaaay too much with those revealing clothes. Something is definitely amiss in the Osefo household. 
  • That was not Mia’s first time on the pole 🤨🤨🤨
  • Karen, it doesn’t sound like Giselle wished death on your husband. She needs to get a life and some business to tend to. 

• Love 17
17 minutes ago, Jeopardy15 said:

• Karen, it doesn’t sound like Giselle wished death on your husband. She needs to get a life and some business to tend to. 

I think I’ve seen every episode of every franchise minus only a couple (DC, Miami), and this has to be the biggest stretch of a beef ever.  Karen, let it go.  You sound ridiculous.

• Love 23

Just started watching. 
Wendy may have a bunch of degrees and academic intelligence, but she knows nothing about business nor a business plan. Wendy - seriously, the Internet has been around for a long, long time, and you couldn’t even do an Internet search about your new “business venture” or the basic concepts of running a business? 

Further proof for my long standing opinion that academic knowledge and degrees without actual practical application of this knowledge in the real world is useless. 

I always loved school and education and I do have a PhD in Industrial/Organizational Psychology. However, I was out in the workforce in another field for 10 years before I realized my ultimate career path.

Here I am in grad school with (younger) peers who went straight from undergraduate to grad school and professors who had only been in academia. None of them who had any real world experience- that was eye opening because absolutely nothing replaces actual experiences in the real world. 

The big irony of all of this - these people who know nothing about the general experiences and needs of employees are suddenly the “experts”? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

Every season,  Gizelle’s storyline is everyone else’s marriage. She gives us nothing else.

One would think, at this point in her life, that reality tv fame and being a production shill is less important than personal fulfillment and healthy (and true) companionship. Poor thing is self-checked, bless her heart.

• Love 13

I like Wendy, I really do. I identified with her last season as a Black immigrant woman,  who was taught to be proud of her accomplishments. This new dumbed down, overly sexual version of Wendy is a bit much. 

Why is Chris of all people asking Candiace to invite Ashley to her trip? Why would she want to be around the person who wrote a statement about her on behalf of her attacker? I would "forget" to invite her too. #teampetty

Gizelle why are you inviting Ashley to the trip? And Ashley why are you going on the trip if the host made it clear you're not invited?

Edited by spunky
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Jeopardy15 said:

Candiass knows good and well she didn’t “forget” to invite Ashley on the trip

I'm not getting Candiace's point and play here. Yes, everyone knows she and Ashley are not friends, have never been friends and likely never will be friends. However, we also know these women are getting paid to film together for the purpose of the show. Candiace wasn't in her feelings enough to pass up the spa trip that was all about pampering Ashley. Yet twice she's not invited Ashely to specific events. Yes, we can make the argument that of course Ashley and her ready to pop self was not going to make it to the pajama party but the invite could have still gone out. 

And I don't get the point of her not just flat out saying she didn't want to invite her. I guess it's supposed to be her keeping it cute and being "funny". But honestly, it just feels tired and played out. As I said, yes, everyone knows Candiace doesn't care for Ashley but again, they're being paid to film together and it's not like Ashley's come for Candiace in damn near forever. And once again, apparently Ashley's presence wasn't offensive enough to her to pass up the free spa trip. 

And this is why I say this season feels like a chore because other than Pinky and the Brain, none of these women seem to particularly like or want to be anywhere near each other. Well Mia actually seems like as long as the booze is flowing, she's up for a good time. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Vanderboom said:

I know, right!? I find it hard to believe Dr. Wendy didn't even google or ask Siri how to start her own business. She may contain multitudes, but clueless doesn't need to be one of her personalities.

• Wendy could've asked Robyn how she started her hat business.  (She did ask Karen about how she started her business).
  • Wendy could've asked Candiace how she started her pageant business and hair business.
  • Wendy could've asked Robyn's mother for tips and pointers.

Wendy didn't even think to see if the website name is available before creating labels to slap on candles?  Right now it looks like some Chinese firm has the domain name of www.onyi.com (Although Wendy could have the domain name but hasn't gotten complete ownership of the domain name transferred to her yet).

Wendy isn't serious about business.  This is just a quick money grab.

Candiass knows good and well she didn’t “forget” to invite Ashley on the trip

Candiace didn't forget to invite Ashley to the trip just like she didn't forget to invite Ashley to her pajammy jam.  Candiace don't know Ashley.  Robyn & Gizelle told Ashley last season writing the statement for Monique would result in the end of any good relationship between her and Candiace and Ashley basically said "Oh well, sorry to that bitch."  So Candiace "forgetting" to invite Ashley is the aftermath.  Ashley just needs to deal and in real life, Ashley doesn't care.

AND she is doing waaaay too much with those revealing clothes. Something is definitely amiss in the Osefo household. 

We don't need to see Wendy's boobs literally busting out every time we see her.  I would have to see the episode again but I don't recall her boobs popping out in the scenes with her husband and that's who needs to get a good look at her boobs, not Gizelle.  I think she was covered up in the scene with the husband.

Karen, it doesn’t sound like Giselle wished death on your husband. She needs to get a life and some business to tend to. 

Karen is using the WishingRayDeath as an excuse to be mad at Gizelle, when the real reason she's mad at Gizelle is because Gizelle clocked Karen for having to pay Ray's bills

Wendy may have a bunch of degrees and academic intelligence, but she knows nothing about business nor a business plan.

Perhaps this is the root of her dislike of Mia...Mia doesn't have any undergrad/advanced degrees yet here she comes living better than Wendy, who had to bust her butt to get what she wants.

Actually, this might be the reason behind Wendy's New Body Ody Ody...she went to school and incurred a lot of debt to get her education and now she's surrounded by a bunch of plastic women who seem to get all the money, mens and attention Wendy wishes she had.  If ya can't beat em, join em.

Gizelle why are you inviting Ashley to the trip? And Ashley why are you going on the trip if the host made it clear you're not invited?

Ashley going where she is not wanted is why she got the butter knife in the face in the first place.

Candiace wasn't in her feelings enough to pass up the spa trip that was all about pampering Ashley. Yet twice she's not invited Ashely to specific events.

and it's not like Ashley's come for Candiace in damn near forever.

Ashley didnt invite Candiace to the spa day; Gizelle did.  If Ashley had invited Candiace, she probably wouldn't have come.  She also didn't spend that much time with Ashley at the spa day either.

Let's not forget, Ashley wrote an actual witness statement to Montgomery County Maryland Police stating Candiace was a violent person and had threatened her in support of someone who violently attacked Candiace, threatened to kill Candiace and ran a vicious social media smear campaign on Candiace in 2020.  It is only 2021...why would Candiace let bygones be bygones where Ashley is concerned?

Edited by drivethroo
  • Love 12

Maybe Wendy is behaving the way most women do post cosmetic surgery - in terms of being excited to show off her body. Unfortunately in her case, it reads as desperate b/c we’re seeing it every week. 

• Love 6

Wendy’s husband has an MBA for Rutgers and is a tax attorney and does business consulting so I am so confused why she has decided to go this route even if it’s just for the show, it’s embarrassing. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 1
  • Love 21

In other news, I never knew that about Juan's parents. That's rough. And speaking of Juan, dear lord, next week Michael's asking about him. So when are they going to address Michael's creepy obsession with Juan?

eta: Also, I'm now convinced that Dean hates all these women and it's hilarious. But at least he doesn't start bawling at Gizelle like he did for Karen. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8

1 hour ago, spunky said:

And will Ashley be bringing the kids? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Ashley didnt invite Candiace to the spa day; Gizelle did.  If Ashley had invited Candiace, she probably wouldn't have come. 

Yes, Gizelle invited her but the invitation explicitly stated that it was a day to celebrate Ashley and being held in her honor and Candiace acknowledged that. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 7

I’m sorry not that I know anything for sure I don’t know these ppl but it seems pretty obvious Wendy is doing all this shit cause her husband is prob cheating on her at least a little bit. It’s just such a drastic change.

Ashley names her kids the most generic white names. Dylan and Dean? Really? This is coming from a white chick named Melissa who had like 5 friends named Melissa back in the day. Dylan and Dean are such lame names to me. They aren’t even names that have come back around at this point and are cute again. But it is their kids so shouldn’t judge lol.

Edited by Marley
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

Where to even begin.  

1. An unkind truth is not the same as a lie Karen.  Stop comparing the two.  

2. Mia is still fake and her whole storyline feels unnatural.  I'm not emotionally invested enough in Mia to really care about her childhood as much as she wants me to.  Kenya also had a strained relationship with her mother, but they let the storyline build more naturally. 

3. I wonder if Mia and Karen get along because they both lie with such ease

4. Ashley just gave birth, but she NEEDS this paycheck.  I wonder how she felt about being excluded from the trip and only finding out about it from Gizelle.  That kinda means the producers didn't particularly feel like they needed her there. 

5.  I, once again, am flabbergasted by and disappointed in Wendy.  The whole "I should have the freedom to be the pretty girl, non-stereotypical boxed in [scientist/teacher/professor/astronaut/mathematician]" has been overdone since the first librarian undid her hair and forgot she needed glasses in every 80s movie.  There is nothing new and cutting edge about this, whats new and cutting edge is when women stop thinking about it.  

When women dress how they want, listen to what they want and do their hair how they want without any conversation about respectability thats new and groundbreaking.  When what others want or expect is not even an agenda item.  Very few people can achieve this.  But the conversation Wendy is having is nothing new.  

6. Still extremely confused about ZenWen's passion for candles.  I thought she was going to be Martha Stewart?  Why hasn't she made a candle?  How can you be passionate for candles and you don't even make them?  Wendy, at best, is passionate about selling candles?  But she doesn't seem to be passionate about that since she doesn't have any kind of plan.

7. I sincerely hope all of this is some strategy on Wendys part to stay on the show.  I damn near cringed at that outfit she wore on the bus.  Girl, NO.   

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Wendy did absolutely no research into anything about business in general? Girl ….. girrrerrrl 

I have it on good authority that thats how Martha Stewart became the icon she is today.  No research.  

All kidding aside, I have to wonder if this was all for a storyline because no way is Wendy this stupid.  it just doesn't make any sense "my passion is candles!" also "I do not make any candles, I did not do any research into candles and about three minutes ago I mentioned that I actually wanted to start a line of home goods that goes far beyond candles"

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, Steph J said:

Robyn was rude as hell ordering Mia to give up her room. What's the big friggin deal about not being on the same floor as Gizelle when you'll be spending all day together anyway?

That was bizarre.  Mia was unnecessarily rude about the initial invitation and now she just rolls over?  Uh, no, if you two need to be together all the time, just spend the night in the same HUGE ASS ROOM.  Robyn needs to realize that this is part of the reason why people just see her as Gizelle's sidekick.  You two can be apart for like 10 minutes.  

• Love 10
4 hours ago, spunky said:

Ashley needs this check more than anyone I suspect.  She has 2 kids, her husband is waiting for a call from Juan Dixon so they can run away together and I get a sneaky suspicion Michael Darby may be laundering money.  She doesn't have a secondary business venture and her "entertainment" career kinda flopped.  

It looks like Ashley is more than happy to pick up her messy mantle and make it sound like Gizelle was talking shit about Wendy.  And ZenWen is gonna go for it, because I guess she needs this check too.  That recorded class session sounded like some hot, buttered garbage. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, dosodog said:

I would not be surprised if she did. 

4 hours ago, RealReality said:

Ashley needs this check more than anyone I suspect.  She has 2 kids, her husband is waiting for a call from Juan Dixon so they can run away together and I get a sneaky suspicion Michael Darby may be laundering money.  She doesn't have a secondary business venture and her "entertainment" career kinda flopped.  

It looks like Ashley is more than happy to pick up her messy mantle and make it sound like Gizelle was talking shit about Wendy.  And ZenWen is gonna go for it, because I guess she needs this check too.  That recorded class session sounded like some hot, buttered garbage. 

I have the same suspicion about Michael.  I wouldn't be surprised if we hear about him on the news soon. 

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

9 hours ago, drivethroo said:
  • Wendy could've asked Robyn how she started her hat business.  (She did ask Karen about how she started her business).
  • Wendy could've asked Candiace how she started her pageant business and hair business.
  • Wendy could've asked Robyn's mother for tips and pointers.

Wendy didn't even think to see if the website name is available before creating labels to slap on candles?  Right now it looks like some Chinese firm has the domain name of www.onyi.com (Although Wendy could have the domain name but hasn't gotten complete ownership of the domain name transferred to her yet).

Wendy isn't serious about business.  This is just a quick money grab.

That is what I was thinking, What ever the objective that Wendy is trying to accomplish - She doesn't see it as a business. 

It sounded like a fundraiser - like girl scout cookies . Buy from her - possibly setting up a table out side of the grocery store,, she keeps % percent of the profit, uses proceeds to go on a summer/day outing, see her same time, next year, for new offerings.

I am glad her husband shut it down quick on the financing behind this mess. She has got to realize - her incomes (teaching and commentator) are going to be missed in that household.

PS: no shade to the girl scout organization. I do think though they have a plethora of badges& activities to learn about business and the meaning behind the cookie campaign. 🍪

Edited by sATL
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, dosodog said:

she will have to, bring the boys, since she is most likely nursing. And the nanny will have to come - (a) She will need her to change a diaper/play with a toddler ; (b) to keep her away from Michael; (c) to see how Michael conducts himself when alone - ie test him. 

Which means Ashley will get a pretty decent bedroom, and have a built in excuse to exit the room, when she goes on these ventures.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 8

Dr. Wendy wins for having the most, largest, tallest vases on the smallest desk.

Wendy wants to be the next Martha Stewart and all I see in her house are fake plants.

Mia and Gordon go to Federal Hill Park which as great views, she shoo's the kids away so she can talk about how her mother did not have mothering instincts and how sad she was to be ignored by her mother, hmmm.  

• LOL 8
  • Love 7

Kind of a bor-r-ring episode.

What did stand out to me:

•  Candiace's bedroom.  So ugly!  Honestly, I do not get people who put so much attention into how they look but live in these creepy, featureless rooms they make no attempt to decorate.  How long has she been living in that house anyway?  Long enough to put a poster on those blank walls, I'd guess.

•  Wendy:  So stupid.  Not just because of her ignorance around business fundamentals.  But also because of the beginning of that simpering "policy" lecture she zoomed in that high-pitched, mewling voice.  Plus, it is really inappropriate for professors to dress up in hyper-sexualized costumes.

Plus, I think I could have lived without knowing that Ashley & Gizelle defecated as they delivered.  

• Love 7

Mia on the pole...the stripper kick was the give away, I call it a cow kick, the stripper raisers her leg bent at the knee, holds it away from their body, it's a typical stripper move.

I see the women on the bus wearing warm clothing, it was cold and rainy but Dr. Wendy is wearing a high cut body suit with low slung mom jeans and a shoulder length shirt, I get cold just looking at that outfit.

Ashley is actually going to put herself and the baby in a car and go to Williamsburg for a day trip just days after giving birth?  I'd be sleep walking thru all that nonsense, the constant breast feeding, diapers, napping, plus what happens to the nether regions after childbirth...does Ashley feel insecure about her position on the show, Askala is around a lot and now on the ladies trip so maybe she should be worried.

• Love 8
12 hours ago, Steph J said:

Its her new "I have fifteen degrees" - the one she's going to use all season.  Instead of highlighting how intelligent she is, she is going to highlight her boobs and booty.  It really makes her look pathetic. 

Wendy, the horse is dead - quit beating it!

• Love 11
38 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Dr. Wendy wins for having the most, largest, tallest vases on the smallest desk.

Wendy wants to be the next Martha Stewart and all I see in her house are fake plants.

Mia and Gordon go to Federal Hill Park which as great views, she shoo's the kids away so she can talk about how her mother did not have mothering instincts and how sad she was to be ignored by her mother, hmmm.  

That scene in the park was odd.  Like first she makes it a point to talk to her kids about her mom (why?) and then she tells them to leave as she proceeds to talk to Gordon about her mom.  

And I think one kid may have still been there.  

I dont really care about Mia and I don't care about her mom but it's odd to me that she intermittently talks about her mom in front of her kids.  It's not like she talked about anything shocking after she sent the kids away. 

• Love 7

I’m disappointed in the Osefa’s. They seemed like a nice family last season and now they prove to be like everyone else. Fake boobs and ass, cheating rumors,  and pedaling candles. 
Leave it to Gizzy to announce the cheating rumors. She has no compassion for anyone. She loves throwing in tact families under the bus. Karen should just go with that as her reasoning for not liking Gizelle instead of the Ray death thing.
As this season goes on Candiaces husband looks more and more like a bum. Is there a need for him to manage her? What’s he actually doing? 
Who would want to film with their newborn? Ashley must be desperate. Take some time for you and your baby. I guess she fears they would promote Ask Kale amid her absence.

• Love 7
24 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

I’m disappointed in the Osefa’s. They seemed like a nice family last season and now they prove to be like everyone else. Fake boobs and ass, cheating rumors,  and pedaling candles. 

seeing similarity b/w the Osefas and M2M Metcalfs...hmmm... 

Only difference so far is contessa's new boobies were a result of a history of bad mammogram results

Edited by sATL
  • Useful 3

Ashley doesn't even get the normal terrible maternity leave women get from corporate America. 😁I agree with posters that Ashley is doing everything possible to guarantee a continuing place on the show. That girl was getting relatively glammed up to go to events and out to eat at a restaurant pre-birth when most women would stay at home with their feet up and driving down to Williamsburg from DC would also be a physical ordeal. Since it is for a day I would hope that she leaves the infant at home for the day - don't these women give a damn about COVID? 

Wendy is baffling this season - it is as of she had 100 IQ points surgically removed during the hiatus. Last season she might have been overbearing with her assertions of four (count them) FOUR degrees but at least she seemed authentic as a woman of color who prized academic and intellectual achievement. One would think that she would have used the platform to further goals that used her very real intellectual and theoretical communication abilities. Instead her goal is to be a doyenne of home stuff when there has never been any indication that she had this domestic passion or talent. And she manifests it by wanting to peddle candles which is oversaturated. Anyone with her academic/intellectual background would know the rudiments of starting a business - she acted as if she had never heard of anything called a business plan or a mission statement which is the first thing one does.

The only housewife who really built an empire was Bethenny and Skinny Girl Margaritas was a logical extension of who she was on the show. She was her target aspirational audience and she inserted the brand even before it became a brand. While we didn't see it, I have no doubt that Bethenny had set it up as a business using lawyers and finance people.

Wendy was even less *smart* about business than Sonja with her toaster oven idiocy. And again, Wendy's brand is being a smart woman while Sonja's brand was being a ditz. I just don't understand how Wendy thinks that acting like a ditz and focusing on plastic surgery enhanced boobs and asses makes her a more "valuable" housewife. 

• Love 13
30 minutes ago, amarante said:

Wendy is baffling this season

I look at her home and I do not see anything I would want to emulate in my home, it all basic HomeGoods stuff scattered around, no great style, no color scheme to notice, just no great style at all but yet she wants a line of home decor and candles, what will set her apart from HomeGoods where there are very economical choice of merchandise and furniture and what she wants to create, her price point will most likely be higher, she cannot compete with a large merchandiser with probably be a mediocre collection of things nobody really needs.

Wendy not being able to swing around a pole is funny since she wants to portray the vixen now, Robyn couldn't do it either, I feel like Candiace or production decided to have a bus with a pole to see how Mia would react, would she or wouldn't she take a turn on the pole, she did and did her thing, nobody was surprised.

Gordon is giving me the Kelsey Grammer vibe that he wanted Mia on the show so she could make some money and a name for herself and then he could ditch her.

• Love 11

I don't know why Mia is bashful (if that is the correct word) about being a stripper and/or working a pole.

My first though would be what kind of place did you work in that didn't have a pole..

NeNe Leakes - made her fortune ($1K/night) and then met her husband (🙏 for his recovery to good health) working in the strip club. She never seemed embarrassed by what she did 25-30 yrs ago..

From (   Link   and Link2) : " 

Leakes would spend years working as a stripper. She wrote about the experience in her 2009 memoir, Never Make the Same Mistake Twice, explaining that she danced under the name “Silk” and came to a newfound confidence on the stage.

“I felt powerful in front of those men,” she wrote. “They were obviously there to see what I had, and I quickly realized that those men weren’t there to make me feel bad about myself. Quite the contrary. They were there to make me feel good.”

Edited by sATL
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Mia and her Boss bitch thing ... Did she buy all those franchises alone? where did she get the money? what does her husband actually do if she is the one handling all the business?

I would bet you $100 that Gordon had those franchises before she met him. 

And it's why she drives me nuts.  She knows damn well she didn't open or run those businesses.   She is taking credit for her husband's accomplishments and that's not cool. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

How about when poor Juju fell on her face right before they crossed the street?  Either she or one of the kids should have been holding that child's hand.  And Mia, your dance moves was resembling J-Lo's in her stripping scene from Hustlers, you ain't fooling no one!

15 hours ago, TexasGal said:
15 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Karen, it doesn’t sound like Giselle wished death on your husband. She needs to get a life and some business to tend to.

I think I’ve seen every episode of every franchise minus only a couple (DC, Miami), and this has to be the biggest stretch of a beef ever.  Karen, let it go.  You sound ridiculous.

While Karen's perception is wrong in that Gizzard didn't wish death on Ray, for me she'd still be on my shit list for the 'Free Uncle Ben' t-shirt....that attacked her husband so Karen pushing back with Reverend Leon Lonnie Love Bryant living in her cell phone should make them even.

What in the Lena James (A Different World fans, ya'll know what I'm talking about!) was Wendy wearing on the bus ride to Williamsburg?  Last years comments about her must have really hit home 'cause now she's coming off like a damned fool!

Edited by Yogisbooboo64
  • Like 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

How about when poor Juju fell on her face right before they crossed the street?  Either she or one of the kids should have been holding that child's hand.  And Mia, your dance moves was resembling J-Lo's in her stripping scene from Hustlers, you ain't fooling no one!

While Karen's perception is wrong in that Gizzard didn't wish death on Ray, for me she'd still be on my shit list for the 'Free Uncle Ben' t-shirt....that attacked her husband so Karen pushing back with Reverend Leon Lonnie Love Bryant living in her cell phone should make them even.

What in the Lena James (A Different World fans, ya'll know what I'm talking about!) was Wendy wearing on the bus ride to Williamsburg?  Last years comments about her must have really hit home 'cause now she's coming off like a damned fool!

I wish Karen would just say that. 

She has every right to be pissed over that t-shirt which was a shitty thing for gizelle to do. Residual anger over that is much more understandable. 

You don't kick someone when they're down. Gizelle was dead wrong for that. 

• Love 10
10 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I wish Karen would just say that. 

She has every right to be pissed over that t-shirt which was a shitty thing for gizelle to do. Residual anger over that is much more understandable. 

You don't kick someone when they're down. Gizelle was dead wrong for that. 

Karen needs to build a bridge and get over it .... come on now she dogged G plenty of times ...

• Love 7

How about when poor Juju fell on her face right before they crossed the street? 

Not a fan of Mia overall but that didn't bother me. Kids go down like that all the time. You let go of their hands for a second and they can go smash. I did feel for the little girl, because I've been with kids (and specifically my nephew who could manage to exhaust and elude THREE adults to get into trouble or get hurt!) when they hit the sidewalk like that, and it does break your heart a little because you know how much it hurts. 

I spent more time trying to figure out what part of Annapolis she was likely from than paying attention to her storyline. 

And did anyone notice . . . she seems to have landed on 36 as her age. 

Edited by SailorGirl
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Maximona said:

•  Candiace's bedroom.  So ugly!  Honestly, I do not get people who put so much attention into how they look but live in these creepy, featureless rooms they make no attempt to decorate.  How long has she been living in that house anyway?  Long enough to put a poster on those blank walls, I'd guess.

I think we see so many empty, feature-less homes because decorating costs money! And I think most of these women are either living beyond their means or they have very little financial room to spare. I would not be surprised at all if Candiace and Chris stretched their resources for the house. It's one thing to acquire the home, it's another thing entirely to furnish it in a tasteful, abundant way. I guess it all depends how much credit they have available (it's hard for me to imagine they live a cash-only lifestyle, though I would respect them if they did).

My suspicion has been that this was the real turning point for Karen but she doesn't want to bring it up because it would continue to bring attention to an embarrassing moment in time not just for her, but more so for Ray. Though Gizelle keeps bringing it up anyway, so I wish Karen would simply own it.

Edited by PhilMarlowe2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, SailorGirl said:

Not a fan of Mia overall but that didn't bother me. Kids go down like that all the time. You let go of their hands for a second and they can go smash. I did feel for the little girl, because I've been with kids when they hit the sidewalk like that, and it does break your heart a little because you know how much it hurts. 

I spent more time trying to figure out what part of Annapolis she was likely from than paying attention to her storyline. 

And did anyone notice . . . she seems to have landed on 36 as her age. 

If she was in foster care at around 6? (I forgot how old she was when a classmate noticed blood on her clothes) , then she could be from several areas, as she might have gotten placed into different homes.  So, the TV incident happed and then she went to school - in the same clothes , the same day?

Another good question that Giz could have pried more into... How long did Mia stay in the system ? Did she have siblings? What were her teen years like ?

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Karen needs to build a bridge and get over it .... come on now she dogged G plenty of times ...

I agree.  But I think that Karen may be protective of Ray moreso than herself.  

I think its different when someone comes for Jamal because I don't think gizelle gives a shit about Jamal unless it's directly reflecting on her.  

The only time I've seen gizelle really upset was over sherman. 

Gizelle went scorched earth and no one who was involved in that is on the show today except Karen.  

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I agree.  But I think that Karen may be protective of Ray moreso than herself.  

I think its different when someone comes for Jamal because I don't think gizelle gives a shit about Jamal unless it's directly reflecting on her.  

The only time I've seen gizelle really upset was over sherman. 

Gizelle went scorched earth and no one who was involved in that is on the show today except Karen.  

Gizelle let it go afterwards doesn't even really talk about it ... Karen has dogged G about her WHOLE life and i think that's what gets under Karen's  skin(even tho she tries to pretend it doesn't) that G could give two shits ... Karen is holding on to something that is soo meaningless and stupid and its only living in her head..... 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 4