Type keyword(s) to search

S23.E07: Eviction #2, Head of Household #2

• Start Topic

Glad Frenchie was evicted, but wow, Julie threw softball questions at him.  And his goodbye messages were all sugary sweet.  Allison Grodner and Julie must be Frenchie fans.  

And Julie's sign-off platitude this week:  "Be the good."  WTF?

• LOL 12
  • Love 1

I had a horrible day so I really needed tonight's episode to be fun and it was. I alternately smiled, laughed and teared up through the whole thing. Excellent episode. 

This season is feeling really fresh to me, after some stale and clichéd seasons. 

Tom Green at the ByWard Market! I was there so many times pre-pandemic. Can't wait to go back. 

As Julie noted, Frenchie went out on a classy note. Good for him. I'm sure Britini will get landslides of criticism for her rap, but I thought it was great and funny, although as X said, probably not her future career. 

A question, Julie: Be the good what? 

Unbelievably, I like everyone who's left except Brent, who is proving to be less charming than I hoped. I don't think he has a high opinion of women. 

I'm looking forward to the next phase. I'm thrilled we're not seeing one giant alliance yet, bulldozing over everyone in the house one by one. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

I’m so glad we were told Kyland is 30 so I don’t feel so entirely squicky about how hot I think he is.  

I saw the clip of Derek and Hanna celebrating losing HoH before I watched the full ep, and I feel like I missed something that may or may not have been explained on the broadcast eps?

• Love 5
(edited)

The only thing that could make me reach for the fast forward faster than knowing the always cringey speeches by the nominated players is coming is to find out that one of them will be made into a rap by Britini.

Loved that they had Tom Green on!

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
(edited)

Well that definately earned a spot as one of the most suspense free evictions of all time.

Speaking of lack of suspense I wish they hadn't included the packet showing that Brent and Whitney are the next targets. Way to sap any suspense out of the upcoming nomination episode.

Color me surprised production would call attention to the failed Big Brother Celebrity edition (and yes it did fail despite two editions or else it would still be on the air.) I would have thought they would totally distance themselves from it like that On Line only BB version.  You would never know that existed as they didn't tap any returning players from that ever and I thought there was one guy who actually did have potential for a real BB season. I forget his name now but he was a chef who always acted like he was baked-no pun intended) But I digress.

Julie throwing shade as Hannah! She must not like that our youngest player does not make good tv.

Tragic backstory aside I'm not feeling Sarah Beth. She's just bland and feels like a warm body just waiting to become a perpetual pawn.

Like Clair...maybe it's because if feels like she was pulled straight out of a multi-camera sitcom. If they ever do a Dharma and Greg remake-Clair for the win in getting the role either that or she would be a shoe in for Phoebe in Friends reboot.

You could see Frenchie's dream dying really hit him. Props to Derek F for the loyalty vote but I do suspect he discussed it with Asa and Britini first.

Ha! They would have gotten me with that nude/naked fake out. I couldn't believe Xavier got it wrong but he didn't!

Sorry Kyland but that "feeling them out to see if he had saftey next week" was almost Frenchy-esque. A very wierd bit of gameplay.

Edited by North of Eden
  • Love 3

Brent freaking out about two guys (oh noes) being evicted, and insisting two "girls" had to be evicted next. At least Cody Califiore 1.0 never said the quiet part out loud.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
(edited)

THE LOOK OF TERROR ON FRENCHIE'S FACE WHEN BRITNI BUSTED OUT THAT RAP

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH I CANNNNNNNNNNNNNN'T

I wish Julie told Frenchie that Derek didn't vote for him.

God, Xavier is handsome.  Normally I'm terrible at those memory games, but I was doing really well at that one because I'm obsessed with celebrities.  I was like Drew Barrymore's ex husband?????  like an idiot.  But man, that naked/nude question was just so unfair. I didn't take it literally so I thought X. lost the game.  I didn't realize it was WORD FOR WORD; that was almost like a trick question, but Julie did say "quote".  Ouch.

What's going to happen now that Mr. F. is gone?  I guess Brent and Whitney are the new public enemies.  Frenchie was good for the drama.  It will be weird to see the house harmonious.  (I'm just guessing.)

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

God, Xavier is handsome

I'm finding several of the hamsters unusually attractive this season. Some like Ky, Derex and Xavier are always exceptionally good-looking. Others are gorgeous sporadically 😁. Like for me, Azah switches between nice-looking, pretty and completely stunning, depending on the scene. I thought Sarah Beth looked beautiful tonight wearing her shirt waist dress, and beautiful in a completely different way when she was talking about her dad. 

Hannah seems to look different every time I see her - sometimes she just looks normal but she often looks amazing. 

I'm not finding Christian that good-looking even though he made it clear he thinks he's gorgeous. I mean a man has to have a lot of self-confidence to wear Mickey Mouse ears on his head on national TV. (Seriously, no man on earth is handsome or masculine enough to pull those off. I thought Victor was super attractive, but he looked ridiculous in his little high double ponytails.) 

This is probably the shallowest thing I ever posted here. I enjoyed it. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
(edited)
43 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I wish Julie told Frenchie that Derek didn't vote for him.

But he did. He was the only one to vote for Frenchie to stay.

Edited by Cotypubby
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, North of Eden said:

Sorry Kyland but that "feeling them out to see if he had saftey next week" was almost Frenchy-esque. A very wierd bit of gameplay.

I really thought that "I have no power now, but as I return to just an ordinary player, what can you do for me??" approach was a little odd as well. It seemed to have kind of worked for him (we'll see though in time...).

I also liked the way Brandon was happy to be wearing his camoflague as he definitely pooped his pants when Julie said she had question for him and he knew he was going to face the music for his insane gameplay. Then he thought he had made it out safely, Julie mentioned she has MORE questions for him after the show ends and again, not pretty. Loved it.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Has anyone in this game ever risen as high and flamed out as quickly as Frenchie? That was… quite something. Because even though I know people fake-slobber over HoH’s all the time, he seemed to have engendered a lot of genuine respect and goodwill from the start. Even at the end, most of the house still seemed to like him as a person (just not as an ally). If he hadn’t self-immolated, who knows how far he could have gone.

He said he wanted to make history, and in a way I guess he did. Sucks for him that it will be recorded as a footnote.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, nickp1991 said:

Frenchie called himself smart and a super fan in his intro, but dude played one of the worst games I can remember

Cowboy thought he played a great game as well.  Some people are just delusional.

This cast is very bland this year.  There are no sides, or no hostile sides I should say.  For the most part everyone is likable.  I am just not enjoying this season.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, BK1978 said:

This cast is very bland this year.  There are no sides, or no hostile sides I should say.  For the most part everyone is likable.  I am just not enjoying this season.

I would disagree on some of this...this is probably  the best cast since the Cody/Jess season. Also its refreshing that so far we don't have one person like Derek, Cody Californi, Paul etc running the entire game and everyone is falling along sheeplike. Right now there is suspense who will emerge as a possible villain . Best of all will be when we get to the point The Cookout has to turn on itself and it will be interesting to see what the factions will be.

Edited by North of Eden
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

...But man, that naked/nude question was just so unfair. I didn't take it literally so I thought X. lost the game.  I didn't realize it was WORD FOR WORD; that was almost like a trick question, but Julie did say "quote".  Ouch.

Maybe it's just me, but I thought that was one of the easier questions.  I don't know why -- I guess it just seemed to me that most people would probably use the word "naked," so hearing the word "nude" when Julie asked the question immediately sounded off (again...to me).

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Good, Frenchie is gone. I would've been happy either way, because now I'm worried we're gonna get more cringe-worthy Britini raps and I don't think I can handle that. Let's try to get her out of there next. 

Still can't really say that I'm truly cheering for anyone, as most of these people seem relatively boring or unlikable to me. 

I forgot about Tom Green. I wish they hadn't reminded me. He's just a nuisance.

I suppose I'm rooting for Azah based solely on the fact that she pretty closely resembles my wife. She's also the only member of the Jokers that I can even stand to hear speak. 

• Useful 1
(edited)
13 hours ago, JayDub1987 said:

I suppose I'm rooting for Azah based solely on the fact that she pretty closely resembles my wife. She's also the only member of the Jokers that I can even stand to hear speak. 

Nothing to see here. Moving a long.

Edited by North of Eden

That tiered thing of plastic? crystals? at the bottom of the spiral stairs looks like a display stand at a Bath and Body Works.  

I really hate the tile-and-pool-water decor around the HOH bed, though.  I find it utterly distracting in its confusing ugliness.  

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, Jobiska said:

I really hate the tile-and-pool-water decor around the HOH bed, though.  I find it utterly distracting in its confusing ugliness. 

How weird because I love it, on TV at least. It's one of the few things in the house I don't find busy and ugly. That said, I can understand why it's not for everyone. It's definitely a love-it-or-hate-it kind of feature. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Alyssa "sadly" voted to evict Frenchie?  I mean, I get wanting to end on a nice note, but Frenchie nominated you and made you a target based purely on his delusions, then pushed Derex to take the other nominee down and leave you twisting in the wind all week.  "Sadly" seems a bit much, IMO.

JULIE:  Hannah continues to lie low in the game.

TRANSLATION:  Yeah, I forgot about her, too.

So, Frenchie saw it as a "mission" to get rid of a young, buff dude?  Gee, nice that you got to know your fellow competitors as people and didn't simply judge them on their physical characteristics…

I know, I know, he was worried that "the old guy" always goes home first…

a) since when is 34 "old"?  You're not even eligible to run for President!

b) Mike Boogie, who won at 37, and Dickless, who "won" at 42, would tell you to go jump.  Only probably not so politely, knowing them.

And I could have sworn that it was only last year when Enzo, the oldest player in the House, cruised to the F2.  But clearly, I'm not the "superfan" that Brandon is.

Edited by Halting Hex
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6

Not sure at this point who I would root for, other than sexy X, but lets see how his HOH plays out. Is it me or does anyone else get super annoyed when someone not the HOH is all laying up in the bed or diving into it like Christian did. If I were HOH, nobody but me would be rolling around in it.  

• Love 5

Y’know, loud and obnoxiousness aside Britini actually looked beautiful at the eviction ceremony….then she had to become Vanilla Ice and everything went to shit!  I stan’d that dress though, very pretty.

Still say that Sarah Beth is the prettiest, then Azah, then Britini (when she dresses womanly).  Whitney’s Seabiscuit veneers ruin her looks.

Two of the True/False questions threw me off because I thought X messed up too.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I almost wish they had voted out Britini so I wouldn't have to hear any more of her God-awful "rap." 

Good Lord Tom Green is old. I haven't seen him in ages (didn't watch Celebrity BB). Wouldn't have been able to pick him out of a lineup.

Some of the HoH Comp memory questions were really obscure and I would have had to guess, but I did catch the discrepancy between "naked" and "nude." Good on Xavier. 

• Love 3
(edited)

“Votes are…I need you to lock in your vote.  Votes are…I need an answer.”

Also, “please reset. I need everyone to reset.”

This continues to annoy me year after year. Make it electronic or something. Have a countdown buzzer and if they haven’t decided by then, they’re out.  

I also think Julie is an absolutely terrible host. I realize her connection to CBS and she’s been the host forever, but my god she’s just no good at this.

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 9
(edited)
6 hours ago, JayDub1987 said:

Good, Frenchie is gone. I would've been happy either way, because now I'm worried we're gonna get more cringe-worthy Britini raps and I don't think I can handle that. Let's try to get her out of there next. 

Still can't really say that I'm truly cheering for anyone, as most of these people seem relatively boring or unlikable to me. 

I forgot about Tom Green. I wish they hadn't reminded me. He's just a nuisance.

Oh my, Brittany and her raps😳. And just like that my embarrassment for Frenchie switched to Britney. 

I'm  glad Xavier won, I'm not really sure who im really rooting for,  yet.

I like Derek X and Kyland ( l love how tender hearted he seems) Whitney is another favorite. 

Brent who I thought would really dislike doesn't bug me as much as I thought he would but I don't necessarily want him to win.😁.

I agree that it's good that we dont have one villain like Dick taking up all the oxygen in the house. 

With Frenchie gone, I can now figure out who is playing a good game.

Edited by Cozytea
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, woodscommaelle said:

This continues to annoy me year after year. Make it electronic or something. Have a countdown buzzer and if they haven’t decided by then, they’re out.  

As this bothers me as well:  This is as easy as making this a 'hit the red button with the T on it for true, the blue button with the F on it for false' mechanism. Once your vote lights up that's it, can't change it. Also, no need for 'please reset... reset and step down...' etc.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 6
23 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Please reconsider what you posted, it's offensive. 

Azah is gorgeous,  and she is rocking the hair she has. 

Agreed. Black women get disparaged for wearing their natural hair way too often. I think Azah is beautiful. 

Not at all sorry to see Frenchie head out the door. He was entertaining for a short time but just ended up being exhausting.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I almost wish they had voted out Britini so I wouldn't have to hear any more of her God-awful "rap." 

Well, she was better than Chicken George, but yeah.

Britini, honey, rap is almost 50 years old. You're not being "fresh", you're just looking desperate for attention.  Just keep it simple, sister.

3 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

Nah, mechanical shit breaks.  The infamous redone HoH from All-Stars springs to mind.

And mechanical devices can be rigged.  Remember that S8 lost (IMO) its last bit of hope when Jen got backdoored, which was only possible because she went out first in a memory HoH.  (And she'd studied the pictures more than anybody else.  Haha, some Jenius she was!)  I mean, it was never proven that production reversed the wires on her controls to screw her over, but in a season where Grodner was accused of rigging everything this side of the sunrise to ensure Dickless "won", IMO this cast an unnecessary pall.

Keep it simple, avoid complications, and when Julie has to say "Marcus, please reset and step down", just amuse yourself by adding "you asshole" in your head.  JMO.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

I agree, just a button should suffice:

65A08C5C-65C4-4D80-88D4-6DFFA74B719B.jpeg

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Halting Hex said:

b) Mike Boogie, who won at 37, and Dickless, who "won" at 42, would tell you to go jump.  Only probably not so politely, knowing them.

I honestly did not know he was 42 when he won.  Shit he aged really bad, I thought for sure he was in his fifties. 

13 hours ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

Y’know, loud and obnoxiousness aside Britini actually looked beautiful at the eviction ceremony….then she had to become Vanilla Ice and everything went to shit!  I stan’d that dress though, very pretty.

Still say that Sarah Beth is the prettiest, then Azah, then Britini (when she dresses womanly).  Whitney’s Seabiscuit veneers ruin her looks.

Two of the True/False questions threw me off because I thought X messed up too.

I agree I thought Britini looked really pretty at the eviction ceremony.  The thing that disturbs me when I say that is, she kind of looks like one of my cousins.  So now am I going to need some sort of therapy for just saying that...

I would say Sarah Beth, Claire (Clair? I forgot how she spells her name and I am too lazy to look it up.), and Azah are the three prettiest to me.  Tiffany is pretty as well, but like Britini, Tiffany looks like my friend's late older sister.  So just saying I think she is attractive, kind of feels strange to me.

• LOL 2

As this bothers me as well:  This is as easy as making this a 'hit the red button with the T on it for true, the blue button with the F on it for false' mechanism. Once your vote lights up that's it, can't change it. Also, no need for 'please reset... reset and step down...' etc.

I imagine the current setup is cheaper and easier to assemble. 

• Love 1