Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E02: Houston, We Have a Marriage

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, zenme said:

Is the boob thing a generational thing? I am 50, a teen in the 80s. Now I see butt cheeks hanging out of shorts, all kinds of boobs—cleavage, side boob, under boob….Is cleavage a requisite now?

It seems to be a reality tv thing. 

Why aren’t the experts listening to the wish lists? Pastor Cal dismissed Myrla not liking bald guys as superficial but it raises the chance of her not being attracted to him. Someone not wanting a dog also should not be overlooked.  The guy that wants a real fit wife to go to the gym with him and exercise probably won’t be happy either. Brett looks too curvy for him. She didn’t seem to get the gift he gave her of the shoes. They aren’t for a runaway bride they’re to go jogging!

• Love 5
On 7/28/2021 at 8:26 PM, MyTwoCents said:

Was watching the upcoming scenes and am horrified and a little grossed out by a couple of the upcoming brides in their dresses. Two have huge boobs (one gal’s obviously fake) and they’re wearing a wedding dress that’s cut down to ‘there’ with the netting to show off the cleavage like they’re walking a red carpet. It’s your wedding day, for heaven’s sake; show a little class. The other, poor girl, seems to have a saggy problem. Why is she showing that off?

I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking this.  This is not only the first time you see your stranger spouse but their families and all they're going to see is boobs (because that's all I can see.)  The dresses wouldn't be so bad if they weren't cut down so low.  It reminds me of tacky Kim Zolciak and her desire to show side boob on her wedding day.  Klassy.

That said, Bao looked absolutely gorgeous.  In fact, her wedding day look may be my favorite in all of MAFS history.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

Finally took a break from the Olympics to watch this, but now I'm not sure why. Some of my thoughts about what I saw:

Myrla is awful. The producers knew this. That is why she was cast. I 100% believe she was picked for drama and drama only. Poor Gil just didn't know he drew the short stick for being in the fake marriage this season. Sucks for him. I will be FF through their scenes because they will never ever make it.

I agree all of these dresses are boobtastic! If they like their boobs hanging out, more power to them, I guess. Bao's dress is beautiful though, maybe the prettiest dress ever on this show, which is a good thing since I think they are the only ones who will last. All the boob girls will only be married for 8 weeks, so who cares what they look like?

I think Brett sounds like Emma Stone. That hair is something though. There is red hair and then there is RED HAIR, and she has the latter. I wonder what she would look like with a more natural color? She seems sweet, but her groom is trouble. Why did he sign up for this instead of just finding a surrogate to help him get a kid?

I am pleasantly surprised by Zack and Michaela (spelling?). They are cute so far. I admit I teared up when her sisters gave her the "something blue". I have a smidge more hope for them than I had last week. I was getting Keith and Queen Kristine vibes from them. Maybe. Hopefully. We'll see.......

Agree with you 100% about Myrla and Gil. I'm so tired of the experts saying they "will balance each other out". Life doesn't work like that in most instances. Unless the person specifically says they are looking for someone on the other end of the spectrum...like Amelia said she didn't want a doctor because it would be too hard if both spouses were doctors. I just hate that they keep putting pet lovers with pet haters and partiers with homebodies.

I also agree about Ryan. Why hasn't he adopted or fostered since he's been wanting kids for years? And I can't believe out of all the women he's dated that he hasn't considered any of them a good enough partner. Usually it's not that hard for a decent-looking, employed, mature guy to find a wife unless he's a real chauvinist pig or something.

Also liking Zack and Michaela. I do think these two could work. Keeping my fingers crossed for them.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, zenme said:

Is the boob thing a generational thing? I am 50, a teen in the 80s. Now I see butt cheeks hanging out of shorts, all kinds of boobs—cleavage, side boob, under boob….Is cleavage a requisite now?

5 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I don't know that it's a requisite but I think the millennial and younger don't see the big deal about a flash of side boob or seeing nipples through a shirt.

I'm in my 50's but I don't think I'm a prude. I guess it's more of a time and place appropriate question. I'm not going to think twice about seeing cleavage at the beach or a bar, but I don't think a bride needs to put everything on display. Isn't that what the wedding night lingerie is supposed to be for? But the nekkid wedding dress does seem to be on trend now.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, gingerandcloves said:

I'm in my 50's but I don't think I'm a prude. I guess it's more of a time and place appropriate question. I'm not going to think twice about seeing cleavage at the beach or a bar, but I don't think a bride needs to put everything on display. Isn't that what the wedding night lingerie is supposed to be for? But the nekkid wedding dress does seem to be on trend now.

Yeah. It’s awkward. I would think I’d feel awkward walking down the aisle on my dad's arm with my tits hanging out. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, zenme said:

Yeah. It’s awkward. I would think I’d feel awkward walking down the aisle on my dad's arm with my tits hanging out. 

These brides are also meeting their husbands’ families for the first time at the wedding. I wouldn’t go to a “meet the parents” dinner at my boyfriend’s parents’ place with a lot of cleavage showing either.

• Love 11
13 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

I also agree about Ryan. Why hasn't he adopted or fostered since he's been wanting kids for years? And I can't believe out of all the women he's dated that he hasn't considered any of them a good enough partner. Usually it's not that hard for a decent-looking, employed, mature guy to find a wife unless he's a real chauvinist pig or something.

Totally! Mr. ILP and I were discussing it, and we both think if he's dated that many women and it didn't work out, maybe he's the problem and not the "thousand" women he's dated. Doesn't bode well for Brett.......

• Love 6
On 7/29/2021 at 12:13 PM, greeneyedscorpio said:

I'm hating all the Pit Bull hate on this thread.  

One of them bit my friend's face off last year.  She was trying not to buy the hype, but it backfired.  Pits are aggressive dogs. I am sure some are ok.

1 hour ago, Gator Stud said:

One of them bit my friend's face off last year.  She was trying not to buy the hype, but it backfired.  Pits are aggressive dogs. I am sure some are ok.

Judge Judy has quite a bit to say about Pitt bulls and none of it good!

One thing I remember is you have to pay more for your homeowners insurance if you own one!

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 7/30/2021 at 11:33 PM, zenme said:

We had dogs growing up and it’s just torture when they die. That’s one of the biggest reasons why I don’t get a dog, even though I’d love their companionship. That plus I’m the main housekeeper in my house and I know all the responsibility would rest on me. 

I hear you. Hubbie and I are huge dog lovers but with both of us working and having both suffered the loss of a few childhood dogs and even dogs our families owned after we grew up we just never got one. Not to mention the cost involved today which can be high.

On 8/2/2021 at 1:49 PM, zenme said:

I’ve been seeing this for over a decade now so it’s nothing new but definitely getting to be more the norm.  I don’t mind a little cleavage but not to this extent for a bride.  I personally think it shows no class or respect for the seriousness of marriage to show up like you’re going clubbing.  At the very least your boobs should be very well supported, not hanging like they might pop out any minute.  I think this must be some new fad in bridal like strapless was a decade ago, but it’s one that needs to just go away.  Btw I’ll be 63 in a few weeks.

2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Judge Judy has quite a bit to say about Pitt bulls and none of it good!

I don’t agree with Judge Judy a lot. She should put the blame for bad behavior on the owners where it belongs. Pit Bulls are not naturally aggressive or dangerous in any way. They only become that way if abused or trained to be that way, just like any dog.  I have known several Pit Bulls in my life and all were happy family pets. Rachael Ray has owned them and both dogs she had were as sweet and loving as any Lab.  There is so much misinformation out there about this it makes me mad.

• Love 8
On 7/28/2021 at 6:00 PM, karenbrady said:

Lol...this woman really thinks she's Jlo. Look at that dress she's marrying a stranger in. Smh.

Yes, and her vocal fry and squeaky sssss are giving me hives. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

The first time I saw the slutty bride dress trending was when I watched Say Yes to the Dress many years ago and got exposed (heh) to the Pnina Horny Collection. At that time, I wasn’t a dinosaur (like I am now) but still couldn’t understand why any woman with a modicum of class would want to walk down the aisle baring it all. With an enormous price tag, no less. Just because you have it doesn’t mean you have to show it. 

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

The first time I saw the slutty bride dress trending was when I watched Say Yes to the Dress many years ago and got exposed (heh) to the Pnina Horny Collection. At that time, I wasn’t a dinosaur (like I am now) but still couldn’t understand why any woman with a modicum of class would want to walk down the aisle baring it all. With an enormous price tag, no less. Just because you have it doesn’t mean you have to show it. 

I remember that - On the boards we used to call it the "stripper fairy look".  I think her name is Pnina Tornai. As slutty as that was I still think the gown Brett wore in particular was sluttier, though.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

As slutty as that was I still think the gown Brett wore in particular was sluttier, though.

In a few years, Brett will look at the wedding pictures and wonder what she could have possibly been thinking when she decided to wear it.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

In a few years, Brett will look at the wedding pictures and wonder what she could have possibly been thinking when she decided to wear it.

In several years her kids will be thinking the same thing, LOL.

• Love 5

The teacher and education admin (???) wore the most cleavage showing "bridal" gowns that were ever on MAFS pretty much. That's what shocks me. The students & other people who have to respect you are basically seeing you naked, waist up. Unless they plan on making it big in this show & quitting their careers, they should've rethought the dresses. The couples cam shows ruined the franchise because now 1) people do this because they want to become D-list reality personalities & 2) who cares about watching some former cast members' domestic lives post-show? 3) I hardly remember any of these peoples' seasons anymore.  To me, this is a show you watch while it's on & then promptly release it from your memory bank in favor of some USEful information.  I don't retain any of these characters after "decision day" and "reunion."

Edited by Kdawg82
  • Love 8

The teacher and education admin (???) wore the most cleavage showing "bridal" gowns that were ever on MAFS pretty much. That's what shocks me.

I think that award goes to Brett. She was about a millimeter away from a nip slip.

• Love 4
On 7/28/2021 at 10:21 PM, spunky said:

Someone please provide Gil with the divorce papers ASAP! Myrla is shallow and materialistic. Gil isn't risking his life running into fires to buy you designer shoes sweetheart. 

There’s so much judgement for Myrla’s beauty routines and attitude, Gil’s inability to handle his tequila has been completely overlooked. Myrla is annoying sure, but Gil’s drunkenness (diplomatically noted by the other grooms), and his comments about sex make him a poor catch as well. He’s good looking but he’s also pinging my ‘dar. MMV 

Edited by sarkygal
Tenses
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, sarkygal said:

There’s so much judgement for Myrla’s beauty routines and attitude, Gil’s inability to handle his tequila has been completely overlooked. Myrla is annoying sure, but Gil’s drunkenness (diplomatically noted by the other grooms), and his comments about sex make him a poor catch as well. He’s good looking but he’s also pinging my ‘dar. MMV 

I honestly didn’t even notice his being drunk. 

• Love 8
On 8/7/2021 at 6:03 AM, Kdawg82 said:

The teacher and education admin (???) wore the most cleavage showing "bridal" gowns that were ever on MAFS pretty much. That's what shocks me. The students & other people who have to respect you are basically seeing you naked, waist up. Unless they plan on making it big in this show & quitting their careers, they should've rethought the dresses. The couples cam shows ruined the franchise because now 1) people do this because they want to become D-list reality personalities & 2) who cares about watching some former cast members' domestic lives post-show? 3) I hardly remember any of these peoples' seasons anymore.  To me, this is a show you watch while it's on & then promptly release it from your memory bank in favor of some USEful information.  I don't retain any of these characters after "decision day" and "reunion."

I agree, now they stay together because they want to be on Couples Cam when they would really be getting a divorce.  I would be OK with them having a "catch up" with the marrieds (and the ones that split) a few times a year, but not an entire series every week.  I find myself fast forwarding through most of them until I get to something interesting, which isn't too often.

• Love 5
On 8/8/2021 at 9:21 AM, sarkygal said:

I interpreted his behavior at the bachelor party as someone who doesn't drink often and was a like buzzed. I've heard him say he's passionate about sex, but he also seems willing to follow her lead. 

Edited by spunky
  • Love 1
On 7/29/2021 at 3:38 PM, Rightside said:

Does anyone think Myrla looks a little like Jamie Otis?  And I mean a small amount.

Just a little, from a distance, if maybe your contacts were in the wrong eyes.

No.  Imo, Jamie is beautiful.  Myrla is attractive.  Jamie has baby weight to lose.  She also needs a stylist.  Her dresses and shoes are matronly.   

• Love 2