Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E02: Houston, We Have a Marriage

• Start Topic

I loved the wedding. We got a lot of insight into Bao and Johnny.  Cultural norms are diverse and interesting.  For me this marriage will be fun to watch.  
And I am optimistic.  

• Love 14
On 7/22/2021 at 1:41 PM, Koalagirl said:

I teared up several times during Bao and Johnny’s vows.  If these two can’t make it work I’ll really be bereft! 

I completely agree.  Both of them seem invested in bringing their best skills and attributes to the table to make the marriage work and the affection and respect each has for his/her family is a joy to see.

Also, their beautiful immigrant story of rising in America from poverty to success is something that should bind them together.  Very inspiring and Bao's poem was simply beautiful!

When I compare this couple to last season's (I will refrain from characterizing the train wreck that we saw)_____________  it's like going from night to day!!! (so far)

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

Bao and Johnny have beautiful teeth, and that alone is reason enough for me hoping they stay together. 😊

....and both organized, professionally successful, neat and clean!!!

• Love 10
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

On the other hand, Jose's persnickety fastidiousness(Sunday is Prep Day for the up coming week, budget on a white board by the dining table) makes me want to bash his face.....

I agree that there is a LINE beyond which "normal" behavior is crossed.....Jose's behavior seems to have crossed that line as I believe it spills out into other areas of life experience that might be problematic to a wife (if you know what I mean😊)

• Love 5

I will wait a minute on these two.  After all, Danielle got her debt under control and gave up some of her maintenance budget to start a family with Bobby.  Also, if she spends some of her own money on her purchases instead of expecting him to pay for them (while also contributing her share to their shared life) it may work out fine.  However, I do think she has an image she wants to develop and may not be satisfied with him.  My father was a firefighter and I have nothing but good things to say about firefighters so I hope this works out (if they want it to).

• Love 3

I just watched again.  Jose is a horror.  I feel sorry for anyone who marries him.  He’s a control freak, will be stingy with money, he’s a perfectionist that will drive a woman crazy.  He has a big long list of wants.  Seems like everything has to go his way.  Rachel is not strong enough in mind for him.  He will be the boss no if’s ands or buts.  She will have no say from what I see in his interview.  I don’t think he’s up for compromise.  She’ll be a prisoner in her own home.  If he even puts her on the home.  I doubt it.

On 7/22/2021 at 10:50 PM, Stardancer Supreme said:

Oh! I didn't realize that the 3rd hour was a separate episode.  The majority of my thoughts are in the first episode thread. 

Here on the East Coast, it’s on from 8 pm to 11 pm.  Too long.  They put Jamie on last.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, kristen111 said:

I just watched again.  Jose is a horror.  I feel sorry for anyone who marries him.  He’s a control freak, will be stingy with money, he’s a perfectionist that will drive a woman crazy.  He has a big long list of wants.  Seems like everything has to go his way.  Rachel is not strong enough in mind for him.  He will be the boss no if’s ands or buts.  She will have no say from what I see in his interview.  I don’t think he’s up for compromise.  She’ll be a prisoner in her own home.  If he even puts her on the home.  I doubt it.

Here on the East Coast, it’s on from 8 pm to 11 pm.  Too long.  They put Jamie on last.

Lol! I’m sure Jamie just loves that!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Watching for the first time this season. Didn’t know this was back. It felt like season 12 just wrapped. 
So much crying so far from Zack and now Michaela. Such a sweet scene with her sisters. 

Edited by Straycat80
  • Love 11

Michaela is too much for me at this ceremony.  Thirsty and scary.

1 minute ago, Crashcourse said:

I know she's nervous but Michaela is too much.  I'm already annoyed with her.

Wow. I read yours after I wrote mine.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

I swear on everything, I had a co-worker who is Zach's doppelganger. Only differences are former co-worker is the size of a pencil and homosexual. Zach has the exact same demeanor, expressions, sensitivity, movements...EVERYTHING!!!!

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
(edited)

I’m happy the second bride wore her hair long and down, not short and curly.  They both looked great.  The families too.  Nice people.  He was very nervous, but she put him at ease.  She’s not shy at all.

Edited by kristen111
  • Love 8
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

So far I’m liking the tux’s more than the wedding dresses. 
Brett looks like the actress Toni  Collette in her younger years. 

Yes, she does resemble her.  The cleavage is a bit too low tho for a bride.  It’s the first thing you see.  Not classy.

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 1
  • Love 17
(edited)

Jose has not met anyone who is on his level. I’m trying very hard not to make a short joke here. 
Rachel seems nice but her dress is not flattering. She has body issues, if Jose is a picky perfectionist this is not going to be a good match. 

Edited by Straycat80
  • LOL 3
  • Love 10

Marla or whatever your name is, marriage isn’t just about shopping and trips.  Your Fireman husband isn’t going into fires to squander money for frivolous things you have to have.  Don’t be a spoiled brat.

• Love 21
1 minute ago, Straycat80 said:

I don’t get it. Myrla doesn’t want make up but she got fake eyelashes and hair extensions. This match is going to be a train wreck. Poor Gil. 

Right? But she draws the line on foundation?

• LOL 5
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Marla or whatever your name is, marriage isn’t just about shopping and trips.  Your Fireman husband isn’t going into fires to squander money for frivolous things you have to have.  Don’t be a spoiled brat.

I really cannot wrap my head around the reason for this match.  They are complete opposites…it’s not going to be good.

• Love 17
1 minute ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

Watching this nasty woman turn her cheek to Gil, all I can think is that this big, beautiful man deserves more than her.  Maybe I’m a worse judge of character than I think I am, but he seems like a warm, well-meaning person.  MAFS has a cruel sense of humor.  (And that dress is absolutely hideous.)

Exactly.  They matched them to watch the drama unfold.

• Love 11