Type keyword(s) to search

S23.E04: Eviction #1; Head of Household #2

• Start Topic

Good ol' shoddy Big Brother - last season they couldn't unlock the Have Not room door after sending them up to crawl through the opening, this season their ATMs went down. It's like tradition at this point.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

Wow, just when I thought I couldn't roll my eyes anymore...Puggy just keeps on cranking. He really does poorly with power. Frenching idiot!

Also, only way Travis made big money selling some successful business is if it was maybe Daddy's business and he had a token job there and got some money from Daddy who was the one who sold it. Cause he had nothing much going on upstairs. Hot body and adorbs hair. That's all. Not sad to see him go. 

Now, what are the chances Kyland will return the favor in regards to Puggy and put his skinny arse on the block? Please, do it! Cannot watch this obnoxious, thinks he's the brilliant king, putz all season.

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, Lamima said:

Also, only way Travis made big money selling some successful business is if it was maybe Daddy's business and he had a token job there and got some money from Daddy who was the one who sold it. Cause he had nothing much going on upstairs. Hot body and adorbs hair. That's all. Not sad to see him go. 

Travis published a book about child safety and abduction.

• Useful 7

I don't think i "hate"  Frenchie, I'm more embarrassed for him. He's so obnoxious  and foolish. I wouldn't be able to sit there with him if I was one of the women as he informed them they were his all ladies alliance.  My eyes would have rolled out of my head. 

Yay Kyland!

Bye, Travis . Sorry I thought you Christian  the whole time🤷🏾‍♀️.

• LOL 8
  • Love 10
16 minutes ago, Cozytea said:

I don't think i "hate"  Frenchie, I'm more embarrassed for him. He's so obnoxious  and foolish. I wouldn't be able to sit there with him if I was one of the women as he informed them they were his all ladies alliance.  My eyes would have rolled out of my head. 

True.  I was relieved to see that none of the women he was talking to (who we heard from, anyway) were falling for it.  They all had the same, "bitch, what?" reaction I had.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8

I can't believe no one has addressed the travesty that was Julie's cape/poncho. Her Caponcho. 

I think Julie is extremely attractive. I've seen her look graceful, elegant, and lovely. So what on earth was that? When I first saw her, I literally screeched! 

On with the show. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 6

I can't remember the last time I've seen someone work so hard to be the next boot. Does Frenchie not realize that a simple comparing of notes will expose him for playing each side?

Tiffany is safe so that makes me happy.

Always glad when we get HOH named on Thursdays and not have to wait until Sunday.

Christian and Hannah hugging in the background was...interesting. I wonder if there is something there?

I've decided tonight I will be perfectly happy if Britni remains a background character/piece of furniture for the season. Just the little bit from her was overpowering. Not a fan.

Tonight I got a vibe that this thing is going to be Brent's to win. We'll see come September but I see him going really deep if not to the end.

• Love 8
(edited)

Glad Kyland won.  Brent would probably have protected Mr. French, and we can't have that.

Seriously, I need Sebastian Cabot to hit the bricks and soon.  (Yes, that is a far different "Buffy" reference than those I'm prone to, but still.)  Dude can seriously go French himself.  Motherfrencher.

Why isn't Hannah in "The Cookout"?

Edited by Halting Hex
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

I can't believe no one has addressed the travesty that was Julie's cape/poncho. Her Caponcho. 

If anyone could rock a Caponcho it would be Julie. I mean she wore those 'chicken pants' back in the day, no one else could have.

I can't 'hate' Brandon because he's like watching a BB caricature... his 'I'll lead an all-girl alliance!' convo was one the must clueless and marvelous things ever; especially as the whole time he was like "oh YEAH... that's another water-tight alliance under my belt!" I am SO covered... in his mind he is this epic mastermind. He's like a cartoon.

• LOL 6
  • Love 7
35 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

I definitely noticed it.  It was like a flashback to the 2000s.  I didn't know HOW to address it.  Kind of like stained glass in a shirt.

• LOL 3
(edited)

Speaking of tragic looks with Julie's Caponcho, Christian reallllly needs to rethink the stylized 'evil cartoon character' facial hair. He looks ridiculous. That combo'd with the crazy ringlet hair... I mean how can expect anyone to take you seriously looking like that? I could understand doing something like that when we're in the endgame and people are going stir crazy but dude, it's too soon for wacky hair follies. You are WAY over your quota already.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7
(edited)

Did Travis really think that last speech through? Lol. Xavier's reaction was perfect. 

Travis seemed nice and bland enough from what I've seen, but just not really made for this game, and didn't seem to mind leaving.

I have to say, he was great with the lap dance though.

ETA, yay for a Kyland win! Hope Frenchie is squirming.

Edited by CrazyDog
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

Frenchie really has made himself so frenching easy to loathe.  

For those of you offended by Julie's Caponcho, were you not also offended by Sarah Beth's dress?  That was just a fugly mess.  Or Hannah's jumpsuit?  I realize neither Sarah Beth nor Hannah have professional dressers but yikes.

Oh, Travis.  It's a good thing you're pretty.  And that you live in Hawaii.  And, apparently have money.  Stay simple, buddy.

Brent needs to go, before Frenchie.  I hope Kyland realizes this and targets him this week but I'm afraid that Brent has Derek X in his confidence due to the covert heads up this past week that he was in Frenchie's crosshairs, and I think that Derek X might have influence with Ky thanks to taking him off the block.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
22 minutes ago, HighQueenEB said:

For those of you offended by Julie's Caponcho, were you not also offended by Sarah Beth's dress?  That was just a fugly mess.  Or Hannah's jumpsuit?  I realize neither Sarah Beth nor Hannah have professional dressers but yikes.

The only outfit that I hated was Whitney's  beige yoga or exercise outfit. It looked like spanx undergarments. 

Edited by tinkerbell
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13
6 hours ago, HighQueenEB said:

Or Hannah's jumpsuit?  

I thought it was pajamas!  I think Hannah is the prettiest person there and I would love to see her in clothes and hair that were not part of her hip-hop dancer identity, but I guess that's not going to happen.  It would be fun to have a professional stylist come in and do everyone up for some sort of event.

• Love 7
(edited)
3 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

As soon as the house started substituting French for the "f" word, I knew that would get real annoying real fast.   And it sure as shit has, before the televised segment ended.   It wasn't funny, it was childish, and still is.  I hope it doesn't continue.   It is annoying as fuck.

You mean.... it is annoying as french!?!?

Edited by Lamima
  • LOL 11
1 hour ago, JudyObscure said:

I thought it was pajamas!  I think Hannah is the prettiest person there and I would love to see her in clothes and hair that were not part of her hip-hop dancer identity, but I guess that's not going to happen.  It would be fun to have a professional stylist come in and do everyone up for some sort of event.

It looked like satin PJs she just tied up the front of the top. Dumb. As is anything SaraBeth wears (too old for baby doll dresses) and the tan workout outfit of Whitney....not a good look. Also Clair came in the house with an old lady dress from like 20 years ago. She seems like an awkward duck. I am no stylish person myself but I notice things. Didn't notice Julie's poncho cape though.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, alegtostandon said:

I cannot believe two actually voted out their own team member! French Fry really got in their heads! 

The usual "vote with the House;  you don't want to become a target" pressure, I guess.  I wouldn't have thought Tiffany was outstandingly true to Travis, so did Kyland and Claire hang her out to dry?  Sucks if true.

I usually enjoy a good hinky vote to cause suspicion (Alex, BBOTT; Jackson, BB21), but Derek F's seemed a bit egregious, IMO.  He didn't need such shenanigans, I wouldn't have thought.  JMO.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Cozytea said:

I don't think i "hate"  Frenchie, I'm more embarrassed for him.

I cringed sooooo hard when he gave Travis and then Kyland his big powerful man-hugs while mumbling his long-winded cornfed words of wisdom or whatever he said to them.  The hugs went on too long and it gave me weird controlling Tom Cruise vibes or something like that.  To me it's another example of how he really believes that he is running this entire game, and how he's the one the rest of the houseguests turn their eyes to for direction and leadership.  He's taking "delusional" to a new level in the BB house, and that's really saying something.

• Love 12

I thought Julie looked good!  It's funny how we all feel so differently about that. 😄

I like having the HOH declared during the episode. 

So far, with no feed watching, this groups seems fairly nice. 

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I cringed sooooo hard when he gave Travis and then Kyland his big powerful man-hugs while mumbling his long-winded cornfed words of wisdom or whatever he said to them.  The hugs went on too long and it gave me weird controlling Tom Cruise vibes or something like that.  To me it's another example of how he really believes that he is running this entire game, and how he's the one the rest of the houseguests turn their eyes to for direction and leadership.  He's taking "delusional" to a new level in the BB house, and that's really saying something.

This. And the way he stood at door and gave the last goodbye with his booming confident voice. Man he thinks he's the frenching bomb! 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
(edited)

I don't see Frenchie lasting past next week unless he wins Veto or Wildcard. We've all seen annoying people last longer than they should have (*cough* Christie Murphy *cough*), but that's usually because they were useful to an alliance. Frenchie has proven his word is worthless, which means he's worthless in an alliance, which means nobody will want to keep him around.

Edited by Sir RaiderDuck OMS
  • Love 2
(edited)
10 hours ago, alegtostandon said:

I cannot believe two actually voted out their own team member! French Fry really got in their heads! 

This pisses me off!

9 hours ago, HighQueenEB said:

Oh, Travis.  It's a good thing you're pretty.  And that you live in Hawaii.  And, apparently have money.  Stay simple, buddy.

He's so pretty :(

I'm totally fine with Hannah's satin pajamas, but yes, Whitney's outfit was awwwwwwwwwwwwful! 

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, North of Eden said:

Tonight I got a vibe that this thing is going to be Brent's to win.

Dear god no. The last thing we need after BB22 is Cody Califiore Part 2: The Califioring. Hoping at least the women are wise to his ways.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I was hoping there would have been an opportunity for Travis to get back into the game, but the goodbye messages sunk that possibility.

This was a huge tip-off, imo, that there won't be any second chances for the evicted.  Those segments are edited with a very fine-tooth comb.  If BB allowed this to go through, it sure seems that they have made a decision to allow the evicted to be spoiled.  Thus, no returning.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Why does Julie bring up Travis trying to ruin Frenchie's game if that wasn't even shown in the episode? Or was it? 

I'm guessing we'll see that on Sunday night.

• Useful 2

That's where I am too. I couldn't figure out Derek's reasoning for taking Kyland off the block though. He said he wanted to win back Frenchie's trust. Why? What good does it do him at this point? Frenchie cannot win the nextHoH and as Veto holder, Derek cannot be the replacement nom. It kind of makes me think at least some of these people really do see Frenchie as their leader in sort twisted way. Which makes them just as dumb as he is.

Tonight I got a vibe that this thing is going to be Brent's to win.

Me too. He's certainly the type, statistically speaking.

This is why I hate the whole Teams thing. There are already, what - five or six different alliances in different configurations going on and it's only Week 1. Do we really need Teams too?  I have a fairly good handle on who is who but I have no clue who is on what team, for the most part. It makes the game unnecessarily complicated. Too many twists really spoil the game. Everything becomes a coin toss.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

Frenchie has proven his word is worthless, which means he's worthless in an alliance, which means nobody will want to keep him around.

But he's needed as the only male to steer his all-women alliance!!

1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

It makes the game unnecessarily complicated. Too many twists really spoil the game.

I agree, and with people voting out their team-member you can see that a lot of the people in teams don't see that as much of a binding factor. So they are pretty pointless and thus, unnecessary. But then BB has never seen a twist it doesn't think is amaaaaazzzzing at the time, there can never be too many twists!! Even if they then pull back on half of them it seems.

• Love 1
(edited)
22 minutes ago, Wandering Snark said:

But he's needed as the only male to steer his all-women alliance!!

I agree, and with people voting out their team-member you can see that a lot of the people in teams don't see that as much of a binding factor. So they are pretty pointless and thus, unnecessary. But then BB has never seen a twist it doesn't think is amaaaaazzzzing at the time, there can never be too many twists!! Even if they then pull back on half of them it seems.

I love how the women agreed to Frenchie's alliance, then when he left the room, rolled their eyes and said "Yeah, whatever." Dude really is clueless.

As for the teams: TPTB were trying to prevent the alpha males forming a bro alliance, making a secondary alliance with enough other people to form a majority, then Pagonging everyone, starting with the people outside both alliances and moving on to the people solely in the secondary alliance. The jury is still out on whether the team dynamic (which goes away after Week 4) will help anything.

Edited by Sir RaiderDuck OMS
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

As for the teams: TPTB were trying to prevent the alpha males forming a bro alliance, making a secondary alliance with enough other people to form a majority, then Pagonging everyone, starting with the people outside both alliances and moving on to the people solely in the secondary alliance. The jury is still out on whether the team dynamic (which goes away after Week 4) will help anything.

A "bro" who would have been probably #3 or #4 in the inevitable bro alliance did go home last night, so in a sense it is working.  Usually a weak male (physically or otherwise), woman, or minority goes first.  Never an alpha male potential douchebro, so Travis leaving first is something new here.  The big boyz are rarely out this early.  I'm encouraged.  I'm so tired of the bro alliance swapping HOH and/or Veto back and forth until the top dog walks out of the house the winner.  OR it comes down to the predictable top dog and his pet goat in the final two, and the pet goat gets the win because the jury can't stand the top dog.

There also appears to be a few non-alpha bros (Tiffani comes to mind) in the house with a bit of a backbone who are unimpressed with the charisma exuded by the alpha bro(s), so maybe we'll get some interesting HOHs where actual threats are placed on the block together, with a third threat waiting in the wings in case of Veto.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
33 minutes ago, HurricaneVal said:

A "bro" who would have been probably #3 or #4 in the inevitable bro alliance did go home last night, so in a sense it is working.  Usually a weak male (physically or otherwise), woman, or minority goes first.  Never an alpha male potential douchebro, so Travis leaving first is something new here.  The big boyz are rarely out this early.

But then he said to Julie that white dudes with abs are always targeted first.  😅  What?!?  I'm surprised this hasn't been brought up already. 

• Love 3

The idea that physical males are "never" early targets is IMO an exaggeration, as Keith (BB13), David (BB15) and Jace (BB17) could tell you.  (In BB17, HoH James specifically targeted Jace because he'd come so close in the HoH comp.)  Jozea (BB18) might not have been a "buff dude", but he showed leadership and looked to be physically fit.

Able men who were leading factions and were backdoored in Week 2 include Nick (BB15), Cody (BB19) and Saggy D (BB20).  Nick was also clearly a Producer's Pet, giving the fawning treatment he received in the premiere episode, IMO.  Victor (BB18) was targeted simply as a physical threat, and Willie (BB14) would have been the Week 2 evictee if he hadn't taken the easy way out.

So I wouldn't use our two recent borefests as a reason to declare any hard-and-fast "rules".  But JMO.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, Halting Hex said:

The idea that physical males are "never" early targets is IMO an exaggeration

I agree.  It's as much of an exaggeration as saying they "always" are.  

Edited by eskimo
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Eolivet said:

Dear god no. The last thing we need after BB22 is Cody Califiore Part 2: The Califioring. Hoping at least the women are wise to his ways.

LOL. Yeah...just to be clear I have the vibe Brett will eventually win but that doesn't mean I WANT him too. As you have said...way too similiar to Cody and I've had quite enough of that whole too close for comfort Califiore family. 

It would be great to see a genuilly nice person like Hannah appears to be turn out to be the winner.

• Love 2
On 7/15/2021 at 7:33 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

I definitely noticed it.  It was like a flashback to the 2000s.  I didn't know HOW to address it.  Kind of like stained glass in a shirt.

Yes, definitely. I turned to Mr. Rosebud and asked him why Julie was wearing a serape.

There are only so many live eps and we have to see her dressed in a blanket?

• LOL 3