Type keyword(s) to search

Season 23 Live Feeds Discussion

Message added by statsgirl,

We understand that some hot button topics are coming up this season, such as with the Cookout. Reminder that it's ok to disagree but do NOT break our Be Civil rule. Keep your comments about the show, NOT about the people on this forum. If you can't disagree civilly and without talking about the posters, utilize the Ignore User function or scroll past their posts. And reminder that there is more to this season than the Cookout so if you feel like a conversation is going in circles, feel free to move on to something else. Going forward, unwillingness to adhere to these rules will result in warnings.

• Start Topic

Now Brent has joined the beatdown. This is true cult psychology at work: Hammer at him until he feels guilty and worthless, pepper the criticism with an occasional compliment, and pretty soon the hollowed out shell of Derex will be following Frenchie around like a puppy, grateful for any pat on the head.

• Love 4

Who is Paul Manson? 

Judging by this thread, Frenchie sounds terrifying. I spent countless hours of my childhood trapped listening to someone who never stopped pontificating and lecturing, and ever since then, it's been my worst nightmare.

I can't wait for tonight's show to finally see these people again for what it's hard to believe will only be the second time! I've read so much since Wednesday. 

So is Frenchie a narcissist? It's really sounding like it. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Frenchie: Travis has to go because he’s a comp beast. Derex: But he hasn’t won any competitions. Frenchie: Like I said, Travis has to go because he’s charismatic. He got you under his spell, didn’t he?

Frenchie: We know you’re loyal. Brent: Yes, you’re so loyal. You proved that by throwing me under the bus. I know that sounds strange, but I mean it.

This is such a mind fuck.

Edited by 30 Helens

While studying cult psychology, I think Frenchie also studied hypnosis. There was about 20 repetitions of the word friendship, about 50 uses of “loyalty”, Travis was described as charismatic multiple times… He keeps seizing on a word and repeating it. it’s both fascinating and terrifying.

• Useful 6
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

Who is Paul Manson? 

I have two theories on this:

Either he's an amalgamation of two of the greatest cult leaders in American history - BB's Paul and Charles Manson; or he's the long lost cousin of Marilyn and the aforementioned Charles, but no relation to BB Paul.

• LOL 10
19 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

Paul Abrahamiam was in BB19. Friendship!!

Bracelets!!!!!!!  Because BB really is all about reliving the hell that was middle school and high school for everyone who weren't the jocks or cheerleaders.

• Love 2
(edited)

Tiffany gave Derex a pep talk after his 2-hr hazing. She gave him constructive advice (keep some stuff to yourself, CYA— which he learned means cover your ass, not check your ass) and built up his confidence with actual genuine compliments. He said his new strategy is to play dumb. She says they can help each other. She gave him a code word to use if he hears she’s in trouble, so he can let her know without repeating any confidences. So if he says “Tiffany, pineapple”, she knows she better get to work.

The Seinfeld fan in me is very disappointed she didn’t choose “tippy toes”.

Edited by 30 Helens
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 4
1 hour ago, HighQueenEB said:

Either he's an amalgamation of two of the greatest cult leaders in American history - BB's Paul and Charles Manson; or he's the long lost cousin of Marilyn and the aforementioned Charles, but no relation to BB Paul.

Can’t he be all three? 😉

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

What's sad is that I recognize this dynamic. It takes just one disordered or dysfunctional person to have a whole crowd of people off balance and in chaos. I'm certain that without a Frenchie, this first week would have been a completely different experience. It sounds like he has everyone feeling slightly crazy. 

• Love 3

Christian wears a big red bonnet to bed. Xavier is distracted by it, because his mother wears one just like it. Xaivier advises Christian to make nice with Derex, because he is vulnerable and ripe for the picking. 

• LOL 2

Deref wants to smoke. He’s mad that Evil Dick got to smoke all the time, so why can’t he?

Derex, Whitney, Travis, Ky and Tiffany are in the wave bedroom. Frenchie tells them he’s about to scare the shit out of somebody tonight, so get ready to hear stories tomorrow.

I cannot wait until Frenchie’s reign is over. Can the next HoH please decide that he’s the Big Fish and stick a hook in his mouth?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Again, I decided to head to bed early because my sanity can't handle Frenchie at night. 

So, I learned from reading what I missed that Whitney doesn't believe Sandy Hook happened? Girl, that IMMEDIATELY shot you down to my Shit List. I was very willing to give Whitney some chances until she said something so incredibly stupid that I would have to dislike her. This moment has happened way earlier than I thought it would. 

I'm starting to get VERY nervous on how the house dynamics are going. As we all know, things can change from week to week, but week 1 is important in deciding where the alliances are initially drawn. I hope rooting for Alyssa to stay isn't going to be a downfall.

Poor Claire keeps getting pinpointed by the men as a threat. Girl is gonna be in trouble if someone like Brent or Derek F wins HOH next. 

• Love 5
13 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Is it because I use BBViewer or did they really change the configuration of the feeds this year - it used to be vertical instead of horizontal in quad view, right? It keeps tripping me out.

Yea, they've changed it and I hate it. It makes no sense, particularly with BB viewer since you can do left or right sound only. 

10 hours ago, Katesus7 said:

Derek F and Azah having a strategy talk.  Derek F is one of those people who thinks they know EVERYTHING going on, and dismisses any concerns Azah might have, because he KNOWS that what she's worried about (bro alliance) is not happening, because HE is not part of it, so it does not exist.  He's a bit too full of himself.  Or he's just lying his ass off.  Either/or, I'm kind of over him right now.

Yea, I'm growing increasingly tired of Deref. His talk of how he wants to be 'fair' and do alternating gender eliminations is so stupid. I think a lot of what he says is absolute lies and he's very fake.

9 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Tiffany is trying to build something. She is in talks with Azah and Claire. They may want to include Britini. Go women’s alliance! Just don’t invite Sarah!

That was formed yesterday. Azah wasn't present though so I guess they were telling her about it lol. It's Azah, Claire, Tiffany, and Britini. We'll see how long it lasts.

6 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Tiffany gave Derex a pep talk after his 2-hr hazing. She gave him constructive advice (keep some stuff to yourself, CYA— which he learned means cover your ass, not check your ass) and built up his confidence with actual genuine compliments. He said his new strategy is to play dumb. She says they can help each other. She gave him a code word to use if he hears she’s in trouble, so he can let her know without repeating any confidences. So if he says “Tiffany, pineapple”, she knows she better get to work.

I adore Tiffany and I think she's playing well, but she is making a lot of alliances and using similar wording with all of them and that it kinda risky imo.

1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

So, I learned from reading what I missed that Whitney doesn't believe Sandy Hook happened? Girl, that IMMEDIATELY shot you down to my Shit List. I was very willing to give Whitney some chances until she said something so incredibly stupid that I would have to dislike her. This moment has happened way earlier than I thought it would. 

I have been leery of Whitney knowing that she's such a gun nut and now this. She can go.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Deref wants to smoke. He’s mad that Evil Dick got to smoke all the time, so why can’t he?

Derex, Whitney, Travis, Ky and Tiffany are in the wave bedroom. Frenchie tells them he’s about to scare the shit out of somebody tonight, so get ready to hear stories tomorrow.

I cannot wait until Frenchie’s reign is over. Can the next HoH please decide that he’s the Big Fish and stick a hook in his mouth?

Do they not allow houseguests to smoke anymore?

1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yea, I'm growing increasingly tired of Deref. His talk of how he wants to be 'fair' and do alternating gender eliminations is so stupid. I think a lot of what he says is absolute lies and he's very fake.

That was formed yesterday. Azah wasn't present though so I guess they were telling her about it lol. It's Azah, Claire, Tiffany, and Britini. We'll see how long it lasts.

I adore Tiffany and I think she's playing well, but she is making a lot of alliances and using similar wording with all of them and that it kinda risky imo.

I have been leery of Whitney knowing that she's such a gun nut and now this. She can go.

Regarding Whitney, there always has to be one, doesn't there? Yikes.

I did get the feeds, but I haven't caught much, apart from Frenchie being exhausting. I wanted to like him, but it seems like his insanity has overpowered some more natural relationships that may have formed. 

I would like to see Tiffany, Claire, Azah, maybe Alyssa team up. Brains and physical threats. Still trying to understand the 6,732 alliances though.

This first few days (weeks? Months?) of the show seem to have been a lot. Have fun, show editors!

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

So, I learned from reading what I missed that Whitney doesn't believe Sandy Hook happened?

Oh no. That's so disappointing. First Frenchie, now Whitney. This seemed like such a promising cast. Man, I hope that all our roses don't turn out to be mushrooms. 🙁

• Love 4

Fuck ugly ass, busted John B.

We need to manifest him going this week. And Whitney next tbh.

Just now, Melina22 said:

Oh no. That's so disappointing. First Frenchie, now Whitney. This seemed like such a promising cast. Man, I hope that all our roses don't turn out to be mushrooms. 🙁

I knew I would hate both of them so I’m not upset yet. If X, Azah, Tiff, Hannah, or Claire do anything shitty then I’ll be upset.

• Love 10

Britini was taking to the cameras and she a aid she thinks the her/Claire/Tiff/Azah alliance is gonna go with Game Slayers (I think that’s what she said) as their name but it’s not fully decided yet. I’m so happy that she is actually into the alliance.

7 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

I'm not a health Nazi, but it makes me uneasy when I see people who are very heavy also smoking. I see this a lot where I live. I'm not judging them, because they must feel like they need the comfort of it, but I worry about the burden it's placing on their hearts. (To be fair, I don't like to see young, fit people smoking either because of their lungs, but the more health issues you have, the bigger the burden smoking is going to place on your body. JMHO obviously.) 

I sense DerekF has a lot of issues that maybe haven't become apparent yet. I'm sure we'll have plenty of time to find out though. (Reason #864 I would never go on BB. I mean, apart from never getting invited.) 

• Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I haven't liked Whitney from the start so I'm with you on her going anytime now, but not because she's a gun nut.  If my theory is right and she really did grow up in Tillamook, there's lots of people over there who hunt and supplement their family food budget during the winter with the game meat and there's nothing wrong with that.  

One thing about Sandy Hook - I'm pretty sure the conspiracy theory among the crazy NRA backers isn't that the shooting didn't happen but that it couldn't have been done just by Adam Lanzo, or he was made into the scapegoat by LEOs/anti-gun activists because of his mother's gun collection.  I might be wrong and I think we could all use a time stamp to when this conversation/discussion happened on the feeds but I'm willing to give her a tiny benefit of doubt that she didn't actually say "Sandy Hook didn't happen" but was trying to articulate that particular gun nut conspiracy theory.  Now, if you want to judge her for possibly believing that crackpot theory, all the power to you.

*** Personally, I don't believe that theory though I'm not a conspiracy theorist sort in general, but that one is one that I'd never believe as a college classmate of mine lost her daughter in the rampage.

Edited by HighQueenEB
  • Love 4
27 minutes ago, HighQueenEB said:

I'm willing to give her a tiny benefit of doubt that she didn't actually say "Sandy Hook didn't happen" but was trying to articulate that particular gun nut conspiracy theory.

Thanks for this. If Whitney belongs to this school of thought, I'd be way more likely to still like her. I don't have to agree with all her theories to like her but "Sandy Hook didn't happen" would be a bridge too far. I guess we need to know more before judging. Not that that's nearly as much fun. 😁

• Love 1

I mean, all we have is Claire saying Whitney doesn't believe in Sandy Hook, so I think it's only fair to wait for Whitney to, in effect, convict herself with her own words. 

That said, if she "only" believes that  Adam Lanzo was a "scapegoat" because of his mother's extensive gun collection, then still fuck her hard. 

I guess if she believes that he didn't act alone, she'd still be a lunatic, but I suppose that's just outright crazy and not as offensive as the other two versions. 

• Love 9

Doesn’t matter to me what cracked theory Whitney believes. She sucks lol. 

Hilarious.

Britini thinking she’s like Day and Whitney thinking she’s like Britney has me rolling. Like no lol. I’m loving X mentioning Danielle Reyes and especially loving Azah mentioning Libra.

• LOL 8
2 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

I mean, all we have is Claire saying Whitney doesn't believe in Sandy Hook, so I think it's only fair to wait for Whitney to, in effect, convict herself with her own words. 

Oh, goodness...  All we have is hearsay from another houseguest?  Then, yeah, no, we definitely need to let her wait to convict herself with her own words.  Let's not be like the Twitter-verse.

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, HighQueenEB said:

Oh, goodness...  All we have is hearsay from another houseguest?  Then, yeah, no, we definitely need to let her wait to convict herself with her own words.  Let's not be like the Twitter-verse.

Here's why I think that Whitney DID say what Claire said; I doubt Claire knew the feeds were not on her and Whitney when she had the conversation. The feeds cut to them as their conversation was finishing up and Whitney was going off to use the bathroom. Claire used that opportunity to whisper into her mic, probably to make sure the live feeders know that she didn't agree with what Whitney was saying. Their discussion was about conspiracy theories. 

Now, unfortunately, we will never know what exact words that Whitney used in that conversation. But I do believe it and I don't think Claire was making anything up or misunderstanding what Whitney was saying. It would be a MASSIVE communication issue if Claire completely took Whitney's words for something else. I'll hope beyond hope that she didn't say what Claire said that she did, but...

I don't think Button Boy is gonna let us anywhere near a conspiracy theory talk, especially now, so we won't know until after the show what Whitney actually said (or after Whitney is evicted pre-jury) but I still am leaning toward not supporting Whitney and taking this as a major red flag, either way. I said that I needed a reason to not support Whitney.

Her being pro-gun and thinking Sandy Hook was faked or wasn't real in the first place? That would be my reason.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
(edited)

The clip is weird because they were talking and the feeds cut and when they came back Whitney was in the bathroom and Claire said her line about Whitney and Sandy hook. My theory was Claire thought the feeds were on them and was trying to let us know she didn't agree with it. 

Edited by choclatechip45
  • Love 6

I don't think Claire was trying to start shit. She looked pretty shocked in the clip. There's a whole cottage industry of people who harass the family members of those who died in mass shootings. It's absolutely awful -- families have had to move multiple times and people have sent them death threats. 

• Love 4

It's week one and the lesson I've already learned is to not pay attention to anything Frenchie says until he actually makes a move. Until then, it's basically a game of Houseguest Musical Chairs and whoever is the one left at the end is his target.

• Love 11

Last night, Frenchie told Derex that he wasn't close to Brent at all, barely talked to him. And five minutes after that, he and Brent were close and talked occasionally. And ten minutes after that, Frenchie told Derex to go grab Brent from outside and bring him in to talk about the goings on in the house because Frenchie and Brent are actually likethis. I've never actually seen a HG change their story three times in the same conversation and get away with it? I think because, like me, Derex kinda just tuned Frenchie out. It was like when my mom calls and she's three beer in to the night and telling me the same story I heard on the three previous calls, so you just kinda "uh huh" and "sure" your way through the convo until it's done.

Meanwhile, during the psychological dismantling of Derex, Azah had been waiting for over an hour at that point to have her shower in the HoH room - Frenchie had asked for five more minutes with Derex but that was like forty minutes before Brent came in so tack on another half hour+ to the total time now - and she was piiiiiissed and ranted to Ferek for a glorious ten minutes that we, unfortunately, only got bits and pieces of because it's a 24/7 Frenchie Quad Cam experience this season. If Frenchie's downfall comes because he told Azah that she could shower last night and then ripped the privilege of a private shower out of her hands, I will die. We've seen HGs go for less.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7

...and so begins my annual series of "Grodner's the fucking worst" posts.

I wasn't even watching BB that far back and I want Pressure Cooker to return. It's not like I really remember individual comps all that much anyway. The only one that comes to mind reliably is BB17's OTEV. Which has nothing to do with Liz beating Austin and everything to do with "BUTTAAAAAAAAH!!!"

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

That's a big fat yikes from me.

I believe I just read that he also said that he doesn't want a woman in the finals.

But...but why? Does he just want to be at the end with men so he can fuck them?

Deref's obsession with the women and targeting them is definitely concerning to me.

• Love 9
(edited)

How weird is "Trust me, you wouldn't want Pressure Cooker again." "Yes, we would." "Okay, so would I, but I was overruled." Then why the fuck did you tweet the first bit?!?

Edited by Brian Cronin
Missing "the"
  • LOL 8
  • Love 4