Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

Uk-Eve
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, DCC93 said:

It might blow your mind to know there is more to life than being good looking.

THANK YOU. I know we all critique the girls unfairly at times but damn coming on here purely to be negative is something else. 

• Love 19
12 hours ago, SanDiegoGal said:

Okay, then. I have the teapot, teacups, teaspoons, napkins, placemats, cream and sugar ready. I'm assuming you're bringing the actual tea? With an introduction like that, we're expecting refills.

Ask and you shall receive. 

There are things to be revealed coming in the next few days.

Get your teacups ready, folks. 

Cheers

• Useful 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 17
Just now, Rodeo Drive said:

Ask and you shall receive. 

There are things to be revealed coming in the next few days.

Get your teacups ready, folks. 

Cheers

Will do we are ready 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
9 hours ago, Holly85 said:

I’ve been following patriots cheerleaders on ig today was game day they look so happy being on the field 

And we won!!! Yep I’m a Pats fan! 

Edited by TB12
  • Love 2
On 8/13/2021 at 12:39 AM, onthebubble said:

Look I love some insider gossip as much as the next person but why drag it out? Spill or don't spill but promising to spill at some point in time in the future is boring. I'm an impatient person. I once made my husband celebrate christmas on november 25 cos i didnt want to wait any longer to give him his present 🤣

Anyone know if they are having a meet the team event this year? 

I heard that Meet the team is Aug 20

Edited by Kiasmom
Updated
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5

I have a theory about Gina. I’m guessing she wants to shine as co-point with Rachel.

Remember that Kashara gained weight over the summer between her first full year at point and the second?I think I’ve got that right. I just remember it was between seasons.

Kelli and Judy punished Kashara at finals by making her the last vet called. It sent a clear message that if she didn’t lose it she’d no longer be point and possibly be off the squad.

Gina is no dummy. I think she remembered that. Maybe she went overboard to not gain weight over the summer and it went the other way.

I think she’s photoshopped her pics in the past to look skinny but what we’re seeing now (I believe) is really her. And that’s sad because she is a great dancer and doesn’t need to do go overboard.

Just a theory…

Edited by ATLGirl
  • Useful 8
  • Love 1
On 8/10/2021 at 6:22 AM, aimeelou625 said:

Her real hair is cute,  here’s a pic of her without her wig from last year.  Loved seeing her natural hair.  She just doesn’t want to damage her natural hair by styling it.

70174861-8C5F-4F85-8A40-6909FD4E6509.jpeg

I love Kat!  This picture is absolutely adorable ~ she is the full package!  IMO,  I also think she deserves a spot on show group!  I could see last year that she was really getting the choreography down and finding her own style and the power needed!  Yes, she made mistakes, but less and less frequently.  As others have pointed out and I agree with, Kelli places the show group with ladies with different attributes~ some with dancing and stronger technical skills, some with power and personality plus for appearances.  Just by what I've seen, It appears that Kelli and Judy love Kat-she brings it !! 

• Love 11

Flashback. We got a new TV and I pressed some button that went to  4 digit channels. An ole version of MTT was on midway-end through - Brooke S was on crutches and Meredith Odom (legacy daughter) was a rookie. Sorry - I seem to can't rewind (please help if you know the answer to that problem) - but at the performance for the family/friends. I saw this mascot help Phil revel the squad photo...  Is the mascot still around - like at the home games or was that night her last night ?

{image is from internet - since I couldn't do a screen grab}

image.png.902d63ea6e21a04d513a628f76f723aa.png

Edited by sATL
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, sATL said:

Flashback. We got a new TV and I pressed some button that went to  4 digit channels. An ole version of MTT was on midway-end through - Brooke S was on crutches and Meredith Odom (legacy daughter) was a rookie. I think I saw Melissa R. Sorry - I seem to can't rewind (please help if you know the answer to that problem) - but at the performance for the family/friends. I saw this mascot help Phil revel the squad photo...  Is the mascot still around - like at the home games or was that night her last night ?

:::::::struggling so hard not to make a snarky VK comment:::::::: (early non A+++++ VK, that is…) 

• LOL 16
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Primetimer is much more interesting than the TV show, even on the slowest day.  It's too bad Kelli will not engage a little bit and spill some anonymous tea.  Wouldn't have to name the person--that would be our job to ruminate on.

That’s why I stick around!!!! 

• Love 21
1 minute ago, KnyghtRyder said:

That’s why I stick around!!!! 

Remember that year Shelley posted a gif (or whatever they are called) of a pair of scissors? It was like throwing some food to a bunch of gulls.  What fun it was back then.

• LOL 1
  • Love 18
On 8/10/2021 at 6:21 PM, Bellisima08 said:

But let's not forget Christina's boob job because there was nothing subtle about that change!

If I were to get a set of enhancements while still DCC........I would want them voluptuous, offensive and I want them to have their own set of fringe and wave in the air like they just don't care!!!!   But that's just me. 

• LOL 17
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, ATLGirl said:

Gina is no dummy.

I also always got the impression she’s just generally a competitive person. So any way to get better/earn a higher spot, she’ll take it. And I 100% don’t mean that as an insult, just an observation. 

• Love 10
On 8/12/2021 at 2:00 PM, ByTor said:

At least she's not falling over all the time like she did in that 1st TC. I don't understand how someone with her training had balance issues like that. Unless she had something like an ear problem that was causing it.

I feel like it could've easily been her nerves-she could've been trying so hard to impress that she was overemphasizing her marks.  To me, Erin, as trained in contemporary and lyrical, is more fluid, and esp at that time, not comfortable popping or dancing with power-therefore, knocking her off balance (?).   I'm not trying to be harsh, I certainly don't dislike her- she seems like a lovely person and well-liked by DCC.    I saw an improvement the following training camp, but not that much. 

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, KoKo said:

I feel like it could've easily been her nerves-she could've been trying so hard to impress that she was overemphasizing her marks.  To me, Erin, as trained in contemporary and lyrical, is more fluid, and esp at that time, not comfortable popping or dancing with power-therefore, knocking her off balance (?).   I'm not trying to be harsh, I certainly don't dislike her- she seems like a lovely person and well-liked by DCC.    I saw an improvement the following training camp, but not that much. 

That first time Erin was in TC, it was fair to cut her. She's a beautiful dancer but like you say, was too fluid from her studio background. When she did make the squad, she'd improved in the pom style but still didn't look particularly comfortable in hip hop. However, in her 2nd year, they showed a clip of her during SG auditions in hip hop and she looked a lot better. 

Practice makes perfect so if they have lots of hip hop technique Tuesdays and she drills those routines, she's so improved in that style. I'm sad she's lost her SG place because her improvement has been incredible compared to others!

• Love 6

Ok, I think a little reminder about the forum’s DCC insider policy is in order. 

If you don’t believe someone is an insider, that’s all well and good. But you still have to be civil about it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

That first time Erin was in TC, it was fair to cut her. She's a beautiful dancer but like you say, was too fluid from her studio background. When she did make the squad, she'd improved in the pom style but still didn't look particularly comfortable in hip hop. However, in her 2nd year, they showed a clip of her during SG auditions in hip hop and she looked a lot better. 

Practice makes perfect so if they have lots of hip hop technique Tuesdays and she drills those routines, she's so improved in that style. I'm sad she's lost her SG place because her improvement has been incredible compared to others!

And I respectfully disagree.  IMO, as I stated earlier, she has improved, but I've never seen an overwhelming amount, to especially make SG.  That's the beauty of this forum and the entire fanbase of DCC- each of these young ladies - whether it's their dance ability and style, looks and or personality- appeal to different people for different reasons.  As a Judge said about Meredith (?) last season during SG audition, that she should never do hip hop (please don't quote me word for word), I feel the same when I bring myself to watch Erin in the same genre- to me, she's about as exciting as Amy as point. 🤔🤷‍♀️

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

speaking of OGs...and getting ready for the next season.. is Phil Whitfield still around and doing well ? With COVID, and he's been on staff for more than quite a while, its understandable if he's starting a new chapter..

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Pj3422 said:

:::::::struggling so hard not to make a snarky VK comment:::::::: (early non A+++++ VK, that is…) 

Speaking of VK, has anyone ever seen this interview she gave in 2020? https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/dreams-do-come-true-victoria What's really interesting is when she talks about joining or rather sliding/sneaking into Junior DCC by accident at age 5 when the minimum age was 6 or when she snuck into the DCC Prep classes at age 15 when the minimum was 16. Girlfriend's been having special allowances made for her since she was a kid. I mean she's bragging about flouting the rules! And check out this quote: "Being a legacy and living here locally gave me an advantage because I was already familiar with the organization and had relationships within the organization." Oh yes honey we know ALL about your relationships within the organization.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 15
8 hours ago, sATL said:

Flashback. We got a new TV and I pressed some button that went to  4 digit channels. An ole version of MTT was on midway-end through - Brooke S was on crutches and Meredith Odom (legacy daughter) was a rookie. Sorry - I seem to can't rewind (please help if you know the answer to that problem) - but at the performance for the family/friends. I saw this mascot help Phil revel the squad photo...  Is the mascot still around - like at the home games or was that night her last night ?

Apparently that is Texie, the Cheerleaders Mascot who was named after Texie Waterman the original choreographer for the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders. I tried searching for more info about her, but all I could find was this youtube clip of her at what looks like a Junior DCC practice in 2009 and in a picture that Kelli posted on Twitter in 2012 displayed on a platter like some kind of creepy trophy.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Bellisima08 said:

Apparently that is Texie, the Cheerleaders Mascot who was named after Texie Waterman the original choreographer for the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders. I tried searching for more info about her, but all I could find was this youtube clip of her at what looks like a Junior DCC practice in 2009 and in a picture that Kelli posted on Twitter in 2012 displayed on a platter like some kind of creepy trophy.

I think someone posted Texie had been retired and isn’t used anymore. Probably a very good decision. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 8
34 minutes ago, DancingDina13 said:

Ehhh I would say Lacey Munoz rhinoplasty was. It changed her face completely  

I forgot about Lacey because in my mind Lacey is somehow two persons: the shy girl who auditioned and the Lacey she became. However, this does not change the fact that you are right, Lacey had the most dramatic rhinoplasty surgery!

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Bellisima08 said:

When I was a moderator for a DCC Yahoo Group, There was this creepy dude who had a fetish for mascot Texie.  He kept asking questions about her in an obsessed stalker type way.  I had to block him.

• LOL 5
On 8/12/2021 at 9:10 PM, KnyghtRyder said:

If you are talking about the Holly/Jenna fiasco, that was Bailey3606 or something like that that saw Holly and Jenna at some club with Cowboys players…Citizen? It was the night before Ezekiel Elliot got into a physical altercation at some other bar. 

Don’t ask me where the key to my mailbox is…but I remember this shit.  

You are absolutely right. It was Bailey!  Now I remember.  Thank you and that was the fiasco lol. It was a wild, fun, and drama filled season to be in this forum.

• Love 6
22 hours ago, KatieC said:

I think someone posted Texie had been retired and isn’t used anymore. Probably a very good decision. 

Does anyone know why Texie was retired? Hmm, maybe she got caught in a compromising position with Rowdy & Kelli had to give her the boot. "Texie tonight is your last night."

• LOL 16
17 hours ago, Weeklydcc said:

When I was a moderator for a DCC Yahoo Group, There was this creepy dude who had a fetish for mascot Texie.  He kept asking questions about her in an obsessed stalker type way.  I had to block him.

Tonight Show Nbc GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Yikes! I shudder to think what kind of questions he was asking! Maybe that's why Texie got retired.

• LOL 4
On 8/13/2021 at 4:34 PM, ATLGirl said:

Kelli and Judy punished Kashara at finals by making her the last vet called. It sent a clear message that if she didn’t lose it she’d no longer be point and possibly be off the squad.

A few people have mentioned out here that the first and the last spot in finals are the ones that go to the best vets; that would make them honorable and coveted positions. 

It was also mentioned that Kashara really stepped up and earned a lot of respect when Jenna, Erica and Holly messed up. So, I highly doubt aTPTB would give her such a humiliating treatment, but a stern talk and big warning about weight? Definitely! And Kashara was smart enough to take that seriously.

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, DCCOracle said:

Quoted from the "Past Seasons" topic...

I'm watching the season where Danielle got called last - dead last . the season where she hurt her foot and had a questionable audition.

That was also the season of the fan vote - which I kinda miss.

And I also miss the power squad... not necessarily Jay's yelling but just the competition and seeing the ladies who earned the shirt - maybe  I'm just having post Tokyo Olympic withdrawals. 

Just noticed a similarity - women's usa gymnastics is the hardest team to make. Being a DCC is the hardest team to make.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, LilyD said:

A few people have mentioned out here that the first and the last spot in finals are the ones that go to the best vets; that would make them honorable and coveted positions. 

It was also mentioned that Kashara really stepped up and earned a lot of respect when Jenna, Erica and Holly messed up. So, I highly doubt aTPTB would give her such a humiliating treatment, but a stern talk and big warning about weight? Definitely! And Kashara was smart enough to take that seriously.

I think it the first and last vet called for solos that are the coveted spots.

But the rumor is that that last vet called into Training Camp at the end of finals is the “warning.” Happened to Melissa W her last year too, and the rumor was that she’d been on weight warning most of the previous season and TPTB wanted her sweat it out. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 9

I would LOVE a power squad comeback. With there being an ultra critical eye on the big screen for a decade, plus social media, but most importantly the health of the dancers, strength and great nutrition are so important. Needs more air time. STRONG and healthy for the win. 

• Love 15
On 8/11/2021 at 4:34 PM, Christineelgene said:

2021 Rookies (the numbers indicate the order of cuts)

Amber

Ashlinn

Christina

Jensen 

Kaydianna

Kellee

Kleine

Lea

Madeline

Megan

Rebecca

Tori

Tyra

51F5ECFE-F88C-4BC8-9B5F-FB5CB74282A0.png

So... I am going to take this as official and add these names onto my database (aka a google doc with 3 columns and numbers next to the names cause I suck at excel / sheets) Hopefully these names are spelled correctly. 

- Amber went from 4 to 5
- Ashlinn is the first of her name
- Christina went from 6 to 7 and is now on the list of most common names on the DCC roster (aka 7 and up)
- Jensen is the first of her name (btw I love that name)
- Kaydianna is the first of her name
- Keele / Kellee (idk which one is spelled correctly) either way she is the first of her name
- Kleine is the first of her name
- Lea is the first of her name
- Madeline went from 1 to 2 (I only counted Madeline Molloy since Madeline Massingill went mostly by Maddie during her DCC tenure)
- Megan went from 4 to 5
- Rebecca went from 1 to 2
- Tori went from 1 to 2
- Tyra is the first of her name

Don't ask me for the google doc...I am too embarrassed to share it lol. Congrats to all of these girls, I hope DCC treats you well.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 8/13/2021 at 6:27 AM, TB12 said:

And we won!!! Yep I’m a Pats fan! 

Me too! Maine girl here. The announcers actually mentioned the cheerleaders we back on the field and cut to them   

• Love 3
3 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

I think it the first and last vet called for solos that are the coveted spots.

But the rumor is that that last vet called into Training Camp at the end of finals is the “warning.” Happened to Melissa W her last year too, and the rumor was that she’d been on weight warning most of the previous season and TPTB wanted her sweat it out. 

That’s what I thought, too. 

If you watch when Kashara’s called last at finals, to me she looks like she’s about to cry because she thought she might have been cut. 

Edited by ATLGirl
  • Useful 4
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

So... I am going to take this as official and add these names onto my database (aka a google doc with 3 columns and numbers next to the names cause I suck at excel / sheets) Hopefully these names are spelled correctly. 

- Amber went from 4 to 5
- Ashlinn is the first of her name
- Christina went from 6 to 7 and is now on the list of most common names on the DCC roster (aka 7 and up)
- Jensen is the first of her name (btw I love that name)
- Kaydianna is the first of her name
- Keele / Kellee (idk which one is spelled correctly) either way she is the first of her name
- Kleine is the first of her name
- Lea is the first of her name
- Madeline went from 1 to 2 (I only counted Madeline Molloy since Madeline Massingill went mostly by Maddie during her DCC tenure)
- Megan went from 4 to 5
- Rebecca went from 1 to 2
- Tori went from 1 to 2
- Tyra is the first of her name

Don't ask me for the google doc...I am too embarrassed to share it lol. Congrats to all of these girls, I hope DCC treats you well.

I like the names Jensen, Klein, and Presley! These ladies have some unique (and cool) names!! 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Pksbena1 said:

I like the names Jensen, Klein, and Presley! These ladies have some unique (and cool) names!! 

I have a feeling we are going to see a lot more unique names in the future. Although I do love me a good old fashion traditional name, I feel like every time I see someone announce their baby on social media they have some uncommon names. I mean let's take some of the baby girls born from DCC alumni for example: Skye, Brecken, Lennon, Taya, Margot, Emerson. These names have not appeared on the DCC roster. So...it's gonna be interesting. Although I am expecting some common names from the late 2000's to also appear.

Also I am in the process of revamping my name database so that it looks decent and it includes the year as well. If anyone cares it would look something like this. 

AMBER (5)
1. Amber Gosdin (1995, 1996, 2003, 2004)
2. Amber Strauser (1999, 2000)
3. Amber Lea (2011)
4. Amber Nicole McMillian (2018, 2019, 2020, 2021)
5. Amber (2021)

I will upload it when I'm done. 

Edited by TheGenuineBeauty
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

Keele / Kellee (idk which one is spelled correctly) either way she is the first of her name

Isn't her name just a different spelling of "Kelly?" Granted, she would be the 1st with that spelling.

• Love 3