Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

Uk-Eve
  • Start Topic

8 minutes ago, Agent Gully said:

Great points! Even if Gina is photoshopping everything, there still is a problem in that in her mind if this is what looks good to her. I'm not a doctor, but I have personal experience with body dysmorphic disorder and it seems much like that.

Absolutely. It is about how Gina sees herself.
If this is so clear to us, random viewers, this must be clear to TPTB.

• Love 6
On 8/7/2021 at 12:11 PM, lemonbus230 said:

Leaders- Lexie, Gina, Rachel, Caroline

Second Leaders- Ashlee, Amber, Jalyn, Erin

Show Group: Gina, Lexie, Amber, Chandi, Rachel, Ashlee, Caroline, Jalyn, Kat, Darian, McKenzie, KayDianna, Tori, Tyra, Armani, Kelcey, Claire, Marissa

Points- Gina with Amber and Lexie behind and then Rachel with Chandi and Ashlee.

Team was announced last Friday.

Kat? 
Interesting if her dance has actually pumped up enough to be of the caliber we think SG should be!

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, DCC93 said:

well, alora seems to be taking the cut (or injury or whatever it was) just fine LOL.

F1B45EB2-4A69-4518-AA3B-FABE9CCE2133.jpeg

The information we got on her was that she resigned on her own, but that the show would probably spin it to make it look as though she was cut. Because heaven forbid the ladies have any higher goals than DCC…

• Love 12

gutted for Erin, she was a really good example of working hard and taking on feedback to become awesome in the DCC style. I really hope not doing SG was her choice.

I miss the days when SG was genuinely about the best dancers. Didn’t they used to do more of a variety of styles compared to the wider squad as well? 

I love Chandi but shocked she was picked over Kelsey and Caroline for triangle. Kelsey has always been stronger than Chandi and is exceptionally talented with great balance of spunk, power and technique. I also think Caroline is stronger than Chandi at this stage given experience. Chandi is gorgeous too and a really solid dancer, but IMO not better than Caroline, or Kelsey who I was hoping would be point next season- with Amanda :(

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, allitator said:

The information we got on her was that she resigned on her own, but that the show would probably spin it to make it look as though she was cut. Because heaven forbid the ladies have any higher goals than DCC…

DCC was just a job, during the pandemic, for Alora IMO.  It was never about being a DCC, it was just a job.

I don’t blame her.  There were not many jobs out there for dancers in 2020.

Edited by aimeelou625
  • Love 15
Just now, aimeelou625 said:

DCC was just a job, during the pandemic, for Alora IMO.  It was never about being a DCC, it was just a job.

Probably the same with the other cut TCC ( don't recall name) who told Kelli DCC wasn't her first choice.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, MrsEVH said:

Probably the same with the other cut TCC ( don't recall name) who told Kelli DCC wasn't her first choice.

Shannon and she tried out again this season but didn’t make it 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
On 8/7/2021 at 10:51 AM, GeekToTheCore said:

Slightly off topic: I'm still Team Brennan. I love that she's somewhat sassy and silly with her boyfriend and friends. I adore her friendship with Cianna, Brianna, and Alanna-they are all in Hawaii together right now.

Seeing their three names together like than makes me think of the cheerleaders from Princess Diaries: "I'm Lana, I'm Anna, Montana!" 😂

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

I honestly never understood why she told Kelli that. Regardless of whether or not it was true, why would you ever say that to someone you're trying to get to give you a job?

• Love 14
3 hours ago, aimeelou625 said:

I don’t blame her.  There were not many jobs out there for dancers in 2020.

Alora is a professional dancer which is slightly different from being a professional NFL cheerleader. She goes where there are opportunities and has an impressive resume. Dancing for that music festival looked like a LOT more fun than DCC.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 22
1 hour ago, MadHatter said:

I honestly never understood why she told Kelli that. Regardless of whether or not it was true, why would you ever say that to someone you're trying to get to give you a job?

Maybe she was just wanted Kelli to know she didn't feel that bad about getting cut. Most girls that get cut are crying and devastated.

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, grapeDCC said:

right does anyone know any information with all the come back girls if they all made it or not because that’s the one answer i really want to know 😭

I know one of them did as she made show group as well 

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, KickBallFall said:

I really wish this level of skinny was not OK with their brand, but they obviously have no problem with it. I’m sure somewhere TPTB are saying “if it was a problem, she wouldn’t have the stamina to perform… it’s fine.” And it makes me cringe when I see Gina lately. 

https://twitter.com/dccheerleaders/status/1424450772863897602?s=21

They must've deleted the tweet, was it bad? The poor girl I wish she'd realize she's more than skin and bones she's an amazing dancer... but you're spot on, with well she has stamina, sigh...

• Love 4
1 hour ago, grapeDCC said:

right does anyone know any information with all the come back girls if they all made it or not because that’s the one answer i really want to know 😭

We’ve read Tori and Ashlinn made it but no one knows if Madeline did 

• Love 3
On 8/7/2021 at 2:07 PM, TUOwl84 said:

7AE65D11-CD79-4144-8E0A-4892278ADF11.jpeg

show group has always been this big - in number ? If not - whom are the extra's chaperones, hair, makeup staff ?

Glad the DCC had a good time in going - but I can't figure out why or what led into the decision that the cowboys vs. steelers were the 2 teams chosen to play... I don't think the HOF inductees played on either team

Edited by sATL
1 minute ago, sATL said:

show group has always been this big - in number ? If not - whom are the extra's chaperones, hair, makeup staff ?

These are the veterans for 2021 season 

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, sATL said:

Glad the DCC had a good time in going - but I can't figure out why or what led into the decision that the cowboys vs. steelers were the 2 teams chosen to play... I don't think the HOF inductees played on either team

Are you serious?  Three Cowboys and several Steelers were inducted this weekend. 

• Love 8

Okay so I'm making predictions for which group the Vets are in based on videos from HOF and the fact it makes practical sense for them to be dancing in their groups. Please note, I know that pictures from Oxnard have Amber in Group 3 and Erin in Group 2 but based on the videos it looks like they have switched? 

Group 1: Lexie, Ashlee, Chandi, Elli, Jessica, Marissa

Group 2: Gina, Amber, Madeline, Armani, Claire

Group 3: Rachel, Erin, Kristen, Dani, Darian, Mckenzie

Group 4: Caroline, Jalyn, Taylor, Kat, Kelcey, Jada

Kat and Dani might be wrong as they are splitting the group leaders in their row at HOF so could be in either of them 

Edited by MegzClarkie
  • Love 4
41 minutes ago, Weeklydcc said:

Are you serious?  Three Cowboys and several Steelers were inducted this weekend. 

Yes. I am serious. I am talking about the class of 2021. Since the class of 2020 was the 100th year special class, that included a wider list of players & teams in the league.

Yes - there was someone from each team, that played in the game but it could have very well have been other teams too.

image.png.7cfc7a6dd87473b39276115943dc8220.png

Edited by sATL
  • Useful 3

I know Amanda walked away from the team, does anyone know who the other vet was?   Personally I disagree with these vaccinations being forced on people because of how new they are and this is my opinion for the citizens of United States as a whole. However,  I understand the mandates for team participation considering the amount of travel they do and the close contact, one infected person could affect the entire team.  I don't personally agree with general mandates but if I were on the squad I would get it.

28 minutes ago, sATL said:

Yes. I am serious. I am talking about the class of 2021. Since the class of 2020 was the 100th year special class, that included a wider list of players & teams in the league.

Yes - there was someone from each team, that played in the game but it could have very well have been other teams too.

image.png.7cfc7a6dd87473b39276115943dc8220.png

Due to COVID the 2020 game was not played and those individuals were not formally honored. That was pushed to this year. The 2020 class includes Bill Cower (Former Steeler Coach) and Johnson (Former Cowboy Coach) which is most likely why the teams were chosen. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, DCC.Style.fan said:

I know Amanda walked away from the team, does anyone know who the other vet was?   Personally I disagree with these vaccinations being forced on people because of how new they are and this is my opinion for the citizens of United States as a whole. However,  I understand the mandates for team participation considering the amount of travel they do and the close contact, one infected person could affect the entire team.  I don't personally agree with general mandates but if I were on the squad I would get it.

It was Amanda daphne alora and Lisa that are gone 

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, Pau84 said:

Even if Gina is photoshopping everything, there still is a problem in that in her mind if this is what looks good to her.

With eating disorders, the patient's perception of their body image is completely out of tune with reality. We see ribs, they 'see' more fat that needs to go. .  No matter how skinny you are. There's always more 'fat' to be found that needs to go. You can try to confront them in front of a mirror or with pictures, but they will not see it.

Treatment is so difficult because you're always on opposite sides: The patient is convinced they are fat but doing great in getting it off and the family/friends are convinced that he/she is emaciated and could potentially die. There is no middle ground to meet and professional psychological help is needed to change your own perception and eating habits. Even then, it's not always successful with plenty of cases of people who have literally starved themselves to death. I should probably add that while it's more common in girls, boys can, and do, suffer from this as well.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Cj1 said:

Gina could just be naturally thin. I am so happy she is point!

Naturally thin cool.  Taking photos posted on DCC SM and photoshopping yourself even smaller to post on your SM, big issue that says not all natural ly skinny. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Domino9062 said:

Due to COVID the 2020 game was not played and those individuals were not formally honored. That was pushed to this year. The 2020 class includes Bill Cower (Former Steeler Coach) and Johnson (Former Cowboy Coach) which is most likely why the teams were chosen. 

Fun fact I have such a crush on Bill Cowher! He’s not conventionally attractive but there’s something about Bill… 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, kalibean said:

I’m not sure what “natural” even means in this context. At the end of the day it’s calories in versus calories burned. I think the majority of healthy, thin people have found a way to get the nutrition needed for their activity level. Many eat too much nutrition for their activity, some of us (me, I mean me) get waaaaay too much for their activity level.  Some don’t get enough. Gina is visually underweight, and needs to adjust her nutrition accordingly so she’s hitting weight maintenance and then some. 

I was hoping this was a temporary thing the way many DCC accidentally find a ten pound gain and then readjust. I think it’s easy to get caught up in life and find yourself not at your best. Gina is not currently at her best. 

They legit need a registered dietician on staff. I’m sure the players have at least one (probably several…many need to bulk or slim down from the off season) and would love to see more than a ten minute segment dedicated to proper nutrition, cooking healthy meals, meal prep to help during peak rehearsal times like Training Camp, etc. 

I would love to normalize healthy goods and good nutrition conversations. Every year we hear about weight gain, let’s talk about building muscle, bring back the power squad, etc. 

I remember that one year they had a segment with Jay on healthy cooking, and they used to do ads for Dallas Prep Kitchen. It seems like they do have those resources available, dietician and trainer wise, but it's not required that the cheerleaders use them unless TPTB bring it up with a cheerleader in an office visit.

I personally wouldn't go as far as to say Gina has an eating disorder or body dysmorphia disorder. As someone who's suffered from both, that's not something you can really diagnose from a picture, and undereating isn't necessarily an eating disorder. You can have a healthy relationship with food and think you're eating enough, then find that that's not the case. To me, that's vastly different than purposefully restricting your calories in an effort to get lean.

I will say, though, that I wish TPTB would reconsider Gina's point position. The woman has definitely earned it, but putting someone with her body type front and center doesn't sit right with me. It bothers me that they post her all over their social media, too. It, to me, seems like they're promoting an unhealthy body type. But that's just me. They must see it differently.

• Useful 3
  • Love 17
On 8/7/2021 at 2:25 PM, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

Not sure if this has been answered for you.

but Alora resigned, she’s flown somewhere for an audition. Also as I think you’ve seen Lisa apparently has an injury and is now also out. Lemonbus posted a couple pages back too confirming who GLs and seconds are along with points x

Thank you!! I missed a lot while I was gone and didn’t have the spoons to catch up. Very excited about Caroline as a GL! Sad for Erin not making show group and Lisa having to bow out for injury 😓

• Love 4
2 hours ago, lctheobald said:

Naturally thin cool.  Taking photos posted on DCC SM and photoshopping yourself even smaller to post on your SM, big issue that says not all natural ly skinny. 

Even in the DCC PLATFORMS she is tiny.  

• Love 5
On 8/7/2021 at 1:25 PM, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

Not sure if this has been answered for you.

but Alora resigned, she’s flown somewhere for an audition. Also as I think you’ve seen Lisa apparently has an injury and is now also out. Lemonbus posted a couple pages back too confirming who GLs and seconds are along with points x

Love the word “apparent” as it holds truth with Lisa.  Question is if the injury “appeared” with the timing of Show Group or Group Leader choosing, especially with VK out of the mix since Lisa was  a VK suck up 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, TB12 said:

They must've deleted the tweet, was it bad? The poor girl I wish she'd realize she's more than skin and bones she's an amazing dancer... but you're spot on, with well she has stamina, sigh...

It still shows for me so I grabbed the photos. I do love her dancing, but it’s getting hard to watch. 

D71E08B4-64BA-4595-9EDD-A100452446F2.jpeg

• Love 6
38 minutes ago, KickBallFall said:

It still shows for me so I grabbed the photos. I do love her dancing, but it’s getting hard to watch. 

D71E08B4-64BA-4595-9EDD-A100452446F2.jpeg

I will say even Rachel and Caroline  looks “fluffy” next to her.  These are DCC photos so she did not photo show them. 

• Love 8
6 hours ago, LilyD said:

With eating disorders, the patient's perception of their body image is completely out of tune with reality. We see ribs, they 'see' more fat that needs to go. .  No matter how skinny you are. There's always more 'fat' to be found that needs to go. You can try to confront them in front of a mirror or with pictures, but they will not see it.

Treatment is so difficult because you're always on opposite sides: The patient is convinced they are fat but doing great in getting it off and the family/friends are convinced that he/she is emaciated and could potentially die. There is no middle ground to meet and professional psychological help is needed to change your own perception and eating habits. Even then, it's not always successful with plenty of cases of people who have literally starved themselves to death. I should probably add that while it's more common in girls, boys can, and do, suffer from this as well.

thank you for this. I've been wanting to speak on it for a while when everyone was making assumptions about Gina. this was perfectly worded.

• Love 8
45 minutes ago, ShutterbugCAM said:

This was posted from the @DCCheerleaders Instagram (stories) the day of the HoF Game. I doubt they photoshopped her, and am sure the only thing they edited was the little sparkle effects. This is just really her.

dccheerleaders_20210806_061248_0.jpg

I won't share any opinion of how I think she looks, as I think all of these girls get their looks picked apart enough by TPTB on a daily basis. I just want her to be fully healthy no matter what. Mentally and Physically. That's all that matters to me.

I agree.

You were also right when you predicted the Steelers would win against the Cowboys!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, forumborum said:

I will say even Rachel and Caroline  looks “fluffy” next to her.  These are DCC photos so she did not photo show them. 

Exactly my thoughts. And I just can’t reconcile that in my mind with the whole “role models for young girls everywhere” that Kelly likes to preach about. 

• Love 3