Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

Uk-Eve
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, ShutterbugCAM said:

This was posted from the @DCCheerleaders Instagram (stories) the day of the HoF Game. I doubt they photoshopped her, and am sure the only thing they edited was the little sparkle effects. This is just really her.

dccheerleaders_20210806_061248_0.jpg

I won't share any opinion of how I think she looks, as I think all of these girls get their looks picked apart enough by TPTB on a daily basis. I just want her to be fully healthy no matter what. Mentally and Physically. That's all that matters to me.

some people do have medical conditions that mean they struggle to put on weight. Some people also look a certain in certain areas of their body all their lives. I won’t be more specific for this reason- if Gina does have an eating disorder, probably best to refrain posting things that are hyper focused on specific aspects of body, as she may well read them and it could be detrimental to her health. In general, I think it’s good to be mindful of what is posted on the internet about DCCs bodies, as you never know what people are going through. 
I have mixed feelings about Gina being point. An eating disorder or a medical condition are not choices, so if Gina does have either, I would hate for her to miss out on point for things like those beyond her control, since her dancing is up to it. However I understand people’s concerns as she is in the “public eye” to a degree and many young girls look up to her who may see her body type and feel inadvertently pressured to look a certain way. I don’t have a solution. I hope Gina is mentally and physically well. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, perrie97 said:

some people do have medical conditions that mean they struggle to put on weight. Some people also look a certain in certain areas of their body all their lives. I won’t be more specific for this reason- if Gina does have an eating disorder,

I mean, doesn't she look REALLY different from how she did her rookie season (season 12)? As in, she looked perfectly healthy and like a standard DCC + not underweight there?

Either way, I feel bad. I can imagine the pressure that comes from being a DCC and feeling like you have to be the skinniest, prettiest girl ever...how exhausting. I'm sure some are more susceptible than others. And Gina seems like a perfectionist type

• Love 13
2 hours ago, vanillagum said:

I mean, doesn't she look REALLY different from how she did her rookie season (season 12)? As in, she looked perfectly healthy and like a standard DCC + not underweight there?

Either way, I feel bad. I can imagine the pressure that comes from being a DCC and feeling like you have to be the skinniest, prettiest girl ever...how exhausting. I'm sure some are more susceptible than others. And Gina seems like a perfectionist type

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlWvWv9lujT/?utm_medium=copy_link

Here is a 2018 post from the DCCs featuring her. And yes, she looks significantly different. It’s unfortunate, and I hate to speculate, but when Caroline and Rachel suddenly look fluffy standing next to her, it’s hard to think that there isn’t a problem. I just hope that if there is one, she is getting the support and help that she needs. 

• Love 9
58 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Here is a 2018 post from the DCCs featuring her. And yes, she looks significantly different. It’s unfortunate, and I hate to speculate, but when Caroline and Rachel suddenly look fluffy standing next to her, it’s hard to think that there isn’t a problem. I just hope that if there is one, she is getting the support and help that she needs. 

Gina looked great here.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

Alora is leaving New York looks like she was just there visiting 

I personally think that she was in town for Rockette auditions. I find it had to believe her visit just so happened to line up perfectly for Rockette auditions. It would also make sense as to why she quit so suddenly. 

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, jcl827 said:

I personally think that she was in town for Rockette auditions. I find it had to believe her visit just so happened to line up perfectly for Rockette auditions. It would also make sense as to why she quit so suddenly. 

Her boyfriend lives there in New York also I can’t find anything saying rockettes Auditions was this month only thing I could find was for September 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

36 minutes ago, Weeklydcc said:

Gina looked great here.

Agreed! She looks amazing here. This is the Gina I want to see again! 

I get wanting to be the best (physically) that you can possibly be. But how she looks now just isn’t natural looking. So every comment about “maybe she is just that thin” doesn’t make sense. Especially since we see old pictures of Gina looking healthy and toned from only 2-3 years ago.  Almost no one looks like that naturalIy. They look like that through hard work and strict diets (and most that I know that follow that regimen are doing fitness model competitions, but they aren’t like that all of the time, just when they are training to compete). I do think Gina works her ass off to get that sinewy, hard look, and her dedication is admirable. 

The problem is that, in my opinion, it just doesn’t look attractive. I’d much rather watch Lexie, Ashlee, or Amber. 

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Her boyfriend lives there in New York 

Oh I know, but I still think it because she was so panicked about her suitcase possibly not making it to NY due her original flight being cancelled and when it did she thanked the dance gods as if the reason for her flying to NY was an audition. Just my thoughts as to why she might quit training camp so suddenly 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Agreed! She looks amazing here. This is the Gina I want to see again! 

I get wanting to be the best (physically) that you can possibly be. But how she looks now just isn’t natural looking. So every comment about “maybe she is just that thin” doesn’t make sense. Especially since we see old pictures of Gina looking healthy and toned from only 2-3 years ago.  Almost no one looks like that naturalIy. They look like that through hard work and strict diets (and most that I know that follow that regimen are doing fitness model competitions, but they aren’t like that all of the time, just when they are training to compete). I do think Gina works her ass off to get that sinewy, hard look, and her dedication is admirable. 

The problem is that, in my opinion, it just doesn’t look attractive. I’d much rather watch Lexie, Ashlee, or Amber. 

Gina’s figure was amazing her rookie year! I remember her uniform fitting specifically Kelli complimented her ‘shelf’ (ie adorable butt in the uniform) and Gina commented she did a lot of squats to get it there. I guess I’m just confused why she felt compelled to alter her physique so much, but I can imagine being around a bunch of stick figure girls 24/7 could potentially warp your confidence.

I also remember her coming back her second year much thinner and Charlotte said ‘she looks amazing.’ I wonder if that encouraged her in the wrong direction, kinda like how Christina got her breasts done right after Kelli said she had ‘no figure’ on national television. 

I’m proud of Gina’s character and her getting point. Her performance level is so fun to watch. But like everyone else I hope things behind the scenes are okay mental health wise.

I always lose weight after a break up, and I believe she had that happen in the last year as well. Sending good vibes her way. 

Edited by evasworld123
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8

Kat making showgroup has cemented my decision not to watch this season. Just confirms it's no longer about the dancing. At this rate she will probably be a group leader and point / in the triangle next year. Sigh.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, suzo said:

Kat making showgroup has cemented my decision not to watch this season. Just confirms it's no longer about the dancing. At this rate she will probably be a group leader and point / in the triangle next year. Sigh.

Just bc she made showgroup doesn’t mean they will all dance sometimes shows only want to hire so many of the girls to come 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Just bc she made showgroup doesn’t mean they will all dance sometimes shows only want to hire so many of the girls to come 

It's just the premise of they're the "best of the best" whether that's dance / ambassador wise. I just don't get it. Maybe still salty about Hannah and Brennan etc. but I just don't think I can face all the camera time Kat is going to get. I'm genuinely still surprised she made it to training cap her rookie year

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, suzo said:

It's just the premise of they're the "best of the best" whether that's dance / ambassador wise. I just don't get it. Maybe still salty about Hannah and Brennan etc. but I just don't think I can face all the camera time Kat is going to get. I'm genuinely still surprised she made it to training cap her rookie year

Maybe she won’t get any air time as they don’t announce everyone who makes show group maybe she will just be standing there 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, jcl827 said:

Oh I know, but I still think it because she was so panicked about her suitcase possibly not making it to NY due her original flight being cancelled and when it did she thanked the dance gods as if the reason for her flying to NY was an audition. Just my thoughts as to why she might quit training camp so suddenly 🤷🏻‍♀️

Before she left Dallas she posted a pic of her tap shoes and practice board.  I am pretty sure she went to NYC for the Rockettes, or some other audition(s).  

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
Just now, Christineelgene said:

Before she left Dallas she posted a pic of her tap shoes and practice board.  I am pretty sure she went to NYC for the Rockettes, or some other audition(s).  

I think it might of been for something else I can’t find anything rockettes audition wise except for in September 

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, jcl827 said:

I agree with you and think it makes complete sense 

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Maybe she won’t get any air time as they don’t announce everyone who makes show group maybe she will just be standing there 

Hahahaha Kat won't get any screen time, they LOVE her & her goofy personality.  I agree with @suzo I don't think Kat should've made Show Group especially bc its been jammed down our throats SG dancers are the cream of the crop, Kat is not. Her personality to me is an ambassador risk it's not cute I find her exhausting and frankly seeing a pic of her from Canton she's prob overdue for a new wig that one looked tired...

• LOL 2
  • Love 18
18 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

I think it might of been for something else I can’t find anything rockettes audition wise except for in September 

I live in NYC and Aside from DCC, I also follow the Rockettes. I love seeing their behind the scene POV of the spectacular every year. Veterans auditioned last week over 2 days. The first day was the day Alora arrived in NYC and the second day I never found a group picture of to confirm if she was there. I’d bet she was though and that is why she quit DCC. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSFg55XreC5/?utm_medium=copy_link

• Useful 3
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, TB12 said:

Hahahaha Kat won't get any screen time, they LOVE her & her goofy personality.  I agree with @suzo I don't think Kat should've made Show Group especially bc its been jammed down our throats SG dancers are the cream of the crop, Kat is not. Her personality to me is an ambassador risk it's not cute I find her exhausting and frankly seeing a pic of her from Canton she's prob overdue for a new wig that one looked tired...

Ok 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
Just now, jcl827 said:

I live in NYC and Aside from DCC, I also follow the Rockettes. I love seeing their behind the scene POV of the spectacular every year. Veterans auditioned last week over 2 days. The first day was the day Alora arrived in NYC and the second day I never found a group picture of to confirm if she was there. I’d bet she was though and that is why she quit DCC. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSFg55XreC5/?utm_medium=copy_link

It’s funny to me bc she was only a dancer for them in 2017-2018 so why did she quit them 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

It’s funny to me bc she was only a dancer for them in 2017-2018 so why did she quit them 

LOL i find it funny how everyone assumes she's running back to the Rockettes when she willingly left them years ago...I mean she could be auditioning for like anything right

• Love 5
1 minute ago, vanillagum said:

LOL i find it funny how everyone assumes she's running back to the Rockettes when she willingly left them years ago...I mean she could be auditioning for like anything right

Right heck the New York Brooklynn nets had open call and if she did audition for them she didn’t make the second round as second round is this evening and she is on her way back to Texas 

Edited by Holly85
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Are there any recent videos of Kat dancing and screwing up, or is the belief that she couldn’t possibly be top 16 based on her rookie season training camp?  She’s been doing this choreo for 3 years now, and she is very pretty. Not surprising to me at all that she may have scored well with the judges. I mean, it’s not like she was given point or triangle. Show group is almost half of the team at this point.

• Love 18
50 minutes ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

Isn’t this where the DCC go for recovery? Could this mean she made it?! 🤞🏻

16B6E751-618A-4EA6-80D9-D0C61172BF69.jpeg

54 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Yes that’s were they all go to 

That is it. The final circumstantial evidence. There is no way that Madeline would post this if she was cut.

Sure, she would keep dancing and following classes but she would not use this to recuperate.

Which means: Madeline Salter made it!

F6FDD7DB-AFF4-48C7-9DC0-F74EC9F6EF48.jpeg.a6678381986ba160d78863c85a3afdc9.jpeg

I wonder who got cut though. I hope it is not Ashlinn.

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
23 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

That is it. The final circumstantial evidence. There is no way that Madeline would post this if she was cut.

Sure, she would keep dancing and following classes but she would not use this to recuperate.

I am pretty sure that Ashlinn is safe.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Oops

2 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Good she should of made it last year 

I think the only thing that kept her out was media day, as she seemed very unsure.  I had her as a pick for show group this year, so those other 3 rookies who made it must be very strong.

Edited by Christineelgene
Wrong post
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Christineelgene said:

Oops

I think the only thing that kept her out was media day, as she seemed very unsure.  I had her as a pick for show group this year, so those other 3 rookies who made it must be very strong.

I haven’t seen any videos of Tyra so she must be very strong !! Kaydianna not shocked made show group she is extremely talented and a great dancer from videos I’ve seen of her !! And of course miss Tori she is strong strong 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
44 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

Since Madeline lives and works in Austin, I agree with you.  There is no other reason she would be in Dallas at Dynamic Sports

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
47 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

I haven’t seen any videos of Tyra so she must be very strong !! Kaydianna not shocked made show group she is extremely talented and a great dancer from videos I’ve seen of her !! And of course miss Tori she is strong strong 

I've just seen a couple of things of Tyra dancing ... a video she posted and a couple from the GCU page and Nationals videos.  She was one that I thought you could put the uniform on her now and set her in the field.

Edited by mizzhyer
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 8/8/2021 at 10:42 PM, KickBallFall said:

It still shows for me so I grabbed the photos. I do love her dancing, but it’s getting hard to watch. 

D71E08B4-64BA-4595-9EDD-A100452446F2.jpeg

Wow! When you look at Gina compared to the girls on either side of her (which is easy to do because they are all in basically the same position), the weight difference is so obvious. For example, I can't count Rachel's ribs in this photo, but I can count Gina's. Also, it almost looks like the sides of Gina's waist have been scooped out. Now I know in some pictures when she's standing still, one could make the argument that she's sucking in, but she's in motion here and needs to breath. If she was holding her breath to to suck it in while trying to dance, she'd be passing out in short order.

Edited by Bellisima08
  • Love 7

Many years of scientific studies have concluded that:  Weight has no bearing on how fit/healthy a person is.  “fat” people can be fit just as “thin” people can be the opposite.  

Weight is just one aspect of determining a person’s health. 

An overweight or obese person can be metabolically healthy (Blood pressure, cholesterol, triglycerides & blood glucose). Just as a thin person can be the opposite. 

I find it unfortunate that DCC place so much emphasis on a specific "body type/weight", just because of their uniform. 

Talented dancers can come in all shapes and sizes. 

Edited by LynneH
forgot a couple words
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, TB12 said:

Gonna have to agree... I'm sorry but this wig/part is just bad. They really need to find someone that will actually help the girls with their hair & is educated on it. And I'm not just targeting Kat either, this is just the fastest pic I could find. It bothers me that any of the girls that have a wig/weave on the team have always looked mediocre (their hair I mean). Ashlee, Nicole, Kat, etc.

Screen Shot 2021-08-09 at 5.05.55 PM.png

Edited by DCC93
  • Love 8
19 minutes ago, Bellisima08 said:

Wow! When you look at Gina compared to the girls on either side of her (which is easy to do because they are all in basically the same position), the weight difference is so obvious. For example, I can't count Rachel's ribs in this photo, but I can count Gina's. Also, it almost looks like sides of Gina's waist have been scooped out. Now I know in some pictures when she's standing still, one could make the argument that she's sucking in, but she's in motion here and needs to breath. If she was holding her breath to to suck it in while trying to dance, she'd be passing out in short order.

I couldn’t help but feel concerned about Gina. I’m not sure if she has an eating disorder but I can definitely see how being in an environment like DCC could lead to one. Rachel and Caroline are definitely two DCC’s I never considered “fluffy” until these photos. 

• Love 5
43 minutes ago, DCC93 said:

Gonna have to agree... I'm sorry but this wig/part is just bad. They really need to find someone that will actually help the girls with their hair & is educated on it. And I'm not just targeting Kat either, this is just the fastest pic I could find. It bothers me that any of the girls that have a wig/weave on the team have always looked mediocre (their hair I mean). Ashlee, Nicole, Kat, etc.

her wigs are an actual crime. i don't understand

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

Speaking of Show Group, I find it interesting that Tori was cut last year but makes both the team and SG this year. Did she improve that much or was her cut a mistake? I’m thinking the latter. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 18
13 minutes ago, Trixi said:

Speaking of Show Group, I find it interesting that Tori was cut last year but makes both the team and SG this year. Did she improve that much or was her cut a mistake? I’m thinking the latter. 

She shouldn’t of been cut 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 16
39 minutes ago, Trixi said:

I swear they like having comeback girls and she and Ashlinn were great candidates from last year. Ashlinn messed up some and didn’t do well on media day, so needed another year. Tori should’ve made it but someone had to go and they knew she would come back strong. It’s almost like a make up with her making show group (not like she didn’t deserve to be on)

I’m just shocked that Rebecca didn’t make show group since she was on SYTYCD. I figured she was a shoo-in! 
Maybe she is the shocking cut! 

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, DancerMom said:

I swear they like having comeback girls and she and Ashlinn were great candidates from last year. Ashlinn messed up some and didn’t do well on media day, so needed another year. Tori should’ve made it but someone had to go and they knew she would come back strong. It’s almost like a make up with her making show group (not like she didn’t deserve to be on)

I’m just shocked that Rebecca didn’t make show group since she was on SYTYCD. I figured she was a shoo-in! 
Maybe she is the shocking cut! 

She could be the shocking cut for sure 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Trixi said:

There was something weird in that water Kelli and Judy were drinking last year lol. So many poor decisions. 

• Love 13