Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

Uk-Eve
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, hypeman said:

As long is there is a culture that deems Black hair as unworthy, due to not being long enough or bouncy enough for hairography then the Black girls will be wearing wigs.

Didn't I read somewhere or hear it that Kat actually likes her wigs and wearing them?  It may have little to do with the texture of her real hair.  Shoot I wish I had different hair too and can't imagine the effort she puts into her wigs.  She even has names for them.  

I don't think Kat has any image problem at all.  She may just not like her hair.

Edited by parrotfeathers
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

Didn't I read somewhere or hear it that Kat actually likes her wigs and wearing them?  It may have little to do with the texture of her real hair.  Shoot I wish I had different hair too and can't imagine the effort she puts into her wigs.  She even has names for them.  

I don't think Kat has any image problem at all.  She may just not like her hair.

Her real hair is cute,  here’s a pic of her without her wig from last year.  Loved seeing her natural hair.  She just doesn’t want to damage her natural hair by styling it.

70174861-8C5F-4F85-8A40-6909FD4E6509.jpeg

Edited by aimeelou625
  • Love 15
16 minutes ago, aimeelou625 said:

Her real hair is cute,  here’s a pic of her without her wig from last year.  Loved seeing her natural hair.  She just doesn’t want to damage her natural hair by styling it.

She looks so beautiful here. 

• Love 15
38 minutes ago, aimeelou625 said:

From what I’ve seen Kat seems very self-aware. I think she understands the reality show aspect of her job very well, but it also seems like she has no fear of dropping that “character” in the real world. She has no problem posting photos both in and out of makeup and her wigs and doesn’t seem self conscious about taking classes/her lack of experience compared to the other women. She also seems well liked by the other women, so while her attitude may be amped for the show I think it’s derived from actual affection for others.

It’s nice to see someone who’s so television savvy that they recognize what to play up for the camera and what really matters.

I don’t know what her dancing looks like now but TPTB loved her looks and personality both on and off screen from the start. She’s also had years now of additional dance training.

For what they do I don’t question choosing someone who works hard with a good attitude, is charismatic on camera, and who’s skill level may only be good (or may be more) but has the confidence (and looks) to make it feel great.

Edited by Dr. Donna
  • Love 23
28 minutes ago, ByTor said:

LOL sorry, but I can't see "Dallas Zoo" and not think of Gina telling Kelli she was going there with Tara. "Tell me something about Tara that I don't know" "Tara....she's...great" 😂

I literally had the SAME thought... :-)

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

As a half-black girl, I totally understand the issue. Even when we like our hair, it usually doesn't flip the way the DCC requires and give the hairography they want. Wigs are easy and protective. Way easier than ruining your hair by straightening it every day so it can blend with some extensions. Nothing wrong with wigs. I just can't stand that it has to have such shoddy placement. And it was also like that during her season 14 audition

Like someone else said, she's not the only one who wore/wears wigs that aren't laid great

Edited by vanillagum
  • Useful 3
  • Love 17
9 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Here we go with the hair debate again. First I have to address that every single one of these girls, black, white, or anything else are not wearing their natural hair the way God made it. Every single one of them have color of some sort, and prob 8/10 of them have extensions or wigs. Don't single Kat out for being Dolly Parton and admitting and joking about how fake yet fab her entire look is. I say this while fully admitting Kat IS one of the few who is stunning bare faced or with all the DCC drag makeup and hair.

Second when the WOC have GOOD wigs aka Robin after her first year, nobody can tell its a wig, so they get left alone except by those of us who know LOL. 

Third, toward the end Jinelle and Cassie both looked like they had bought out the hair store, they were just told how amazing their hair looked. Rachel W - All that lush poster girl hair - IT'S ALL FAKE. Good fake, but fake.

Last - DCC hair. I see it like part of the uniform overall. Nothing natural about it anything they wear head to toe from makeup to tan to teeth to boots, so why do we expect hair to not all look the same exact style? The Rockettes all have those slicked back buns, most college teams have the same style, so DCC wanting that long flowy center part is just part of the uniform to me. When they stop having these girls with spackled on makeup, all the Botox and fillers, tans, nails, teeth, brows, boobs, etc., I'll be more bothered about the hair. 

The injectibles are what concern me the most lately cosmetically. Even precious little Maddie looked weird her last year. Bridgets face God love her looked frozen her second year. This year Gina and Caroline are the two I really see looking like cheeks and forehead are pulled motionless. It's scary how that women in their 20s are all wanting this.

I wish I could like this a thousand times.  I cannot imagine how EXHAUSTING it is to feel like you MUST look perfect, 24/7.  

• Love 18
15 minutes ago, itsweird said:

I wish I could like this a thousand times.  I cannot imagine how EXHAUSTING it is to feel like you MUST look perfect, 24/7.  

I always think that too given how I run all over town usually straight from a run/gym in sweaty clothes and a pony. 

Wait, Robin wore a wig, really? I would've never known that at all. 

Edited by TB12
  • Love 2
50 minutes ago, TB12 said:

Robin wore a wig, really? I would've never known that at all. 

I thought I heard it was a weave, but yeah, it totally did look like natural hair.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

The injectibles are what concern me the most lately cosmetically. Even precious little Maddie looked weird her last year. Bridgets face God love her looked frozen her second year. This year Gina and Caroline are the two I really see looking like cheeks and forehead are pulled motionless. It's scary how that women in their 20s are all wanting this.

Okay is that why when I see Caroline and think something is off? Like I think whatever she got makes her face look bloated or big but I don't think she's gained weight. I just noticed her face looks off.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Precious little Madeline Molloy had also something done. I can’t put my finger on it, maybe her lips, but she definitely doesn’t look like Madeline Molloy in her first year.

Out of all the girls having work done, Heather O’Connor’s rhinoplasty was the most dramatic.

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

Precious little Madeline Molloy had also something done. I can’t put my finger on it, maybe her lips, but she definitely doesn’t look like Madeline Molloy in her first year.

She does look different, but IMO I think her look just matured a little, her face doesn't strike me as one that had work done.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
13 hours ago, Trixi said:

Speaking of Show Group, I find it interesting that Tori was cut last year but makes both the team and SG this year. Did she improve that much or was her cut a mistake? I’m thinking the latter. 

Maddie was the same way! Cut one year and on SG the next. I adored Tori last year. My theory is she was cut for flexibility/kicks. Her extension just wasn’t as strong as some of the other ladies. If she worked on that even a little in the off season I can totally see why she made SG this year. Team Tori. 

• Love 5
23 hours ago, Weeklydcc said:

Gina looked great here.

Quoting for context - I found this rando photo from way back when we were talking about boots and the first night on the field in boots. I even think that's Caroline next to her.

(ETA: Clarification, not Caroline. Thank you P&S!)

gina.JPG

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Love 4
30 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

Out of all the girls having work done, Heather O’Connor’s rhinoplasty was the most dramatic.

I think Lacey's rivals it, no?

19 minutes ago, evasworld123 said:

I adored Tori last year. My theory is she was cut for flexibility/kicks. Her extension just wasn’t as strong as some of the other ladies

I remember her fan kicks specifically being really bad (lol). And she had a bad media day, right?

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

Heather's looked really good to me. 

4 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

I remember her fan kicks specifically being really bad (lol). And she had a bad media day, right?

I liked Lacey's original nose better. 

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

Quoting for context - I found this rando photo from way back when we were talking about boots and the first night on the field in boots. I even think that's Caroline next to her.

gina.JPG

That does kinda look like Caroline, but they weren't in the same rookie class. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Heather's looked really good to me. 

I liked Lacey's original nose better. 

Completely agree on both! Though I thought Heather was just as beautiful pre nose job too... 

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, TB12 said:

Completely agree on both! Though I thought Heather was just as beautiful pre nose job too... 

Yeah. It makes me so sad that only one kind of nose is seen as pretty or good enough and that any nose that's even slightly too big or has a bump has to be operated on to complete the barbie look. That's a whole other conversation. But it's so frustrating

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Trixi said:

Speaking of Show Group, I find it interesting that Tori was cut last year but makes both the team and SG this year. Did she improve that much or was her cut a mistake? I’m thinking the latter. 

1 hour ago, evasworld123 said:

Maddie was the same way! Cut one year and on SG the next. I adored Tori last year. My theory is she was cut for flexibility/kicks. Her extension just wasn’t as strong as some of the other ladies. If she worked on that even a little in the off season I can totally see why she made SG this year. Team Tori. 

Kelli Q is another good one - had tried out a zillion times for DCC, never made it to camp but the second she did...show group!  Hannah had tried out multiple times before she made camp, and also show group as a rookie.  Both ginger Hannah and blonde Hannah (second year camp cut.)  Who else was a comeback girl and/or multi tryout straight to show group?  (Aside from VK, of course.)

• Love 7
36 minutes ago, kalibean said:

Kelli Q is another good one - had tried out a zillion times for DCC, never made it to camp but the second she did...show group!  Hannah had tried out multiple times before she made camp, and also show group as a rookie.  Both ginger Hannah and blonde Hannah (second year camp cut.)  Who else was a comeback girl and/or multi tryout straight to show group?  (Aside from VK, of course.)

TBH, Kelli Q should have made training camp at least her 2nd time trying out, definitely her 3rd, but didn't make it until try #4. Even Kitty was wondering why they held her out of camp so much. She seemed to be miles ahead, dance-wise of some girls who made camp her 2nd and 3rd time trying. They didn't show much of either Hannah when they were held of out Training Camp, so IDK if they just improved THAT much, or were simply overlooked.

Melissa Wallace is one that stands out to me that was on SG her rookie year after being denied entry to Training Camp when she first tried out.

• Love 11
34 minutes ago, ShutterbugCAM said:

Melissa Wallace is one that stands out to me that was on SG her rookie year after being denied entry to Training Camp when she first tried out.

Wow, I did not know she had tried out before. She was a rockstar the year she did make it!

• Love 8
2 hours ago, evasworld123 said:

Tori also had a poor media day last year.  I know she worked her tail off this past year and she came back smoking.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, kalibean said:

If I recall, Amber tried out before making it and SG on her first TC. I've seen her in the background at auditions at least two different years. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, Holly85 said:

She shouldn’t of been cut 

I thought Lemonbus or some insider said Tori (whom I love) did a terrible solo and the comment from the judge about not 'don't ever let her do hop hop again' was actually said about Tori and not Meredith as aired.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, vanillagum said:

4 hours ago, vanillagum said:

Oh Lacey definitely wins here.  Heather never gave me a plastic Barbie doll-vibe, Lacey did. Am shocked that nobody mentioned Christina’s…enhancements…That’s what shocked me. I understand why she did it, but I do wonder why she felt the need to go big or go home…

Edited by LilyD
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, SMP637 said:

If people like Amy, Tess, and Cassie Trammel can make show group, then why is Kat so less deserving?

That is …. actually kind of a good point? Hmmmm thanks for that. 😂. I’ll think about this. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Pau84 said:

But let's not forget Christina's boob job because there was nothing subtle about that change!

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
23 hours ago, Tinydancerxo28 said:

I couldn’t help but feel concerned about Gina. I’m not sure if she has an eating disorder but I can definitely see how being in an environment like DCC could lead to one. Rachel and Caroline are definitely two DCC’s I never considered “fluffy” until these photos. 

Exactly. Even since I started watching the show I've had a sense of how stressful the DCC environment is in terms of how they relate to food and weight. For example, there's that episode where Chelsea got in trouble for making comments about "the fatties are still on the team" in the parking lot after Kelli & Judy had called her and some other vets into the office & talked about their weight. And yes Chelsea was being snippy & rude about it, but I always got a sense that her anger over what Kelli & Judy said came from a place of insecurity & stress about her weight.

As for Gina, while she may not have an eating disorder, it's clear she's putting her body through something extreme to get that result. And you are right that one would usually never consider Rachel or Caroline to be fluffy, but at this point anyone who stands next to Gina would look fluffy. This is part of the issue I see with this situation, that girls who watch this show would look at themselves and think they are too heavy. Heck I even once had a moment a few seasons ago when I was watching the uniform fittings and thought to myself "God I'd look like such a heifer next to them" (and I'm a gown-up who eats pretty healthy and works out regularly). Thankfully I have the self-awareness & confidence to shake myself out of that, but I hate to think of young girls who watch & may not be so self-assured and think that's what it takes to be thought of as beautiful & sexy.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, ShutterbugCAM said:

TBH, Kelli Q should have made training camp at least her 2nd time trying out, definitely her 3rd, but didn't make it until try #4. Even Kitty was wondering why they held her out of camp so much. She seemed to be miles ahead, dance-wise of some girls who made camp her 2nd and 3rd time trying. They didn't show much of either Hannah when they were held of out Training Camp, so IDK if they just improved THAT much, or were simply overlooked.

Melissa was noticeably bigger when she first tried out.  I'm almost certain that was the reason she didn't make it the first time around. "Bigger" always being a relative term when speaking about this squad, of course. ;)

Kelli Q absolutely should have made it way before her FOURTH tryout, and it drove me batty that they mentioned that on the show during her rookie year.  I forget the exact wording, but Kelli said something about "how did we miss you all these years?!"  Yeah, we would love the answer to that as well, Kelli. <sigh>

• Love 17
3 hours ago, LilyD said:

Oh Lacey definitely wins here.  Heather never gave me a plastic Barbie doll-vibe, Lacey did. Am shocked that nobody mentioned Christina’s…enhancements…That’s what shocked me. I understand why she did it, but I do wonder why she felt the need to go big or go home…

I would imagine Kelli circling Christina’s boobs in the field performance photos with her computer mouse and saying she had no figure on national tv might have something to do with it. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, Pau84 said:

8 hours ago, ByTor said:

She does look different, but IMO I think her look just matured a little, her face doesn't strike me as one that had work done.

I think Madeline had injections to improve her jawline and lift her brow. Or an old fashioned chin implant is a possibility. She also darkened her hair and got rid of shorter layers that exposed her face shape. I am not knocking this, I think she came back looking incredible!

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

I think Madeline had injections to improve her jawline and lift her brow. Or an old fashioned chin implant is a possibility. She also darkened her hair and got rid of shorter layers that exposed her face shape. I am not knocking this, I think she came back looking incredible!

I feel like Madeline M is all grown up now! Remember how young & adorable she was her first year in training camp! She looks like a beautiful young woman now! 

• Love 10
8 hours ago, ShutterbugCAM said:

Are you positive about Melissa Wallace trying out previously? I never saw her face before season 9 (her rookie year). Everyone was so obsessed with her I can’t imagine how she’d be overlooked initially. 

• Useful 1

I’ll add to the Melissa W discussion. I know I saw her in a kick line tryout not her season (season 9) so it maybe have been season 8? Not exactly sure but she was definitely shown quickly somewhere outside of the season she made it. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, evasworld123 said:

Are you positive about Melissa Wallace trying out previously? I never saw her face before season 9 (her rookie year). Everyone was so obsessed with her I can’t imagine how she’d be overlooked initially. 

She is very briefly shown in Season 7 semi-finals, about 36 minutes into the first episode.  She's #74, right next to Jessica during the kick line.

Edited by 123DCCWoooo
  • Useful 6
  • Love 3

I wonder if they will all gather and “touch the star” simultaneously while talking about how great the football team is. 😂 that was so silly. I’d rather watch Charlotte eat a sandwich than seeing all these girls do a funny ritual.

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, SMP637 said:

#TEAMKAT I love her.  If people like Amy, Tess, and Cassie Trammel can make show group, then why is Kat so less deserving?  At least she doesn't put people to sleep when she dances.... she pops.  I'm happy she made it. 

Besides, look at how many non-technical dancers KILL on show group....Ashlee, Kashara, and the GOAT Nicole Hamilton.  Not the most technical dancers,  but they all have the "IT" factor.

Go Kat!!!

Thank you!! I'm glad we have some people on here showing some love to Kat. She's my girl and I'm so proud of her. Can't wait to see her improve and be the best she can to her ability! #TEAMKAT

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, evasworld123 said:

300% Positive. Season 7 Auditions. You can see her a few times, and very clearly when girls are being announced to Training Camp.

ETA: Didn't see the replies from others until after I wrote my reply. But, yeah LOL

Edited by ShutterbugCAM
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5