Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 6/14/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

LMM is arguably one of the most powerful Latinos in the entertainment industry, and if he is willing to ignore Afro-Latinos, then how much success will less famous/powerful filmmakers have?

Right, and just because LMM is who he is, it doesn't mean he's infallible.  I'm so happy he took the criticism, thought about it, apologized and promised to do better.

• Love 16

I was intrigued by the background of Daveed Diggs and wondered if he actually decorated his home like that. Then he mentioned that he was in Canada shooting a film, so that is obviously a rental house. And that made me

Laugh Out Loud Laughing GIF by Aurora Consulting

• LOL 5
41 minutes ago, bannana said:

Why is the Princess of Arizona calling out CNN with the "F" word?  The incident did not happen at CNN, it was a zoom call between staff to the New Yorker, and staff from a radio station.Now, of course, I do not condone the situation, And I know that she detests CNN, on general principles, but, if that is the standard, I ask why ABC continues to stand by the surly, whiny, humorless, valley girl sing song that is MM.  Because, I constantly ask myself after one of her stunning tirades and cruelness to Joy, Sara, and anyone that does not agree with her, how long would I have a job if I behaved like her.  Just sayin'.

• Love 22
(edited)
4 hours ago, bannana said:

Good grief! she takes everything as a personal slight, it is not that serious Nutmeg. It is not healthy to get worked up over nothing.  I am beginning to think that anger is the only thing that she feels.  I will be shocked if she does not develop high blood pressure after all is said and done. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 11
3 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

It is not healthy to get worked up over nothing.  I am beginning to think that anger is the only thing that she feels.  

We all know how infamous her father's temper was, so I guess it isn't surprising. What is surprising to me is that ABC gives her pass after pass after pass. She never learns.

• Love 18
(edited)

There was an awful lot to chew on today with 'The View', but here's what struck me the most:

"Bennifer":

Sunny and the rest of them seemed so tickled and delighted that the two of them are back together. On the other hand, their friend Wendy WIlliams is much more realistic - she's been saying for weeks Lopez and her children deserve better than a man who is addicted to alcohol and gambling. I agree with Wendy. (WW also pointed out how 'staged' that PDA was this weekend, for the paparazzi to take photos). I believe it was Ana who said how cute they were together years ago, and then they 'broke up for some reason'.  The reason was very public - "Gigli", the movie which they starred in back in the early 2000s was a box office failure and a critical disaster. JLo was trying to be taken seriously as an actress at the time, and she dumped him when she realized that the repercussions from this movie (and their relationship) would damage her aspiring film career. Affleck was an Oscar winner by that point and didn't have much riding on this one film. She had everything riding on it (movie-careerwise) and couldn't afford the negative publicity and ridicule. 

"In The Heights" : 

Of course, Ana, Whoopi and Sunny just loved this movie by the 'amazing' Lin Manuel Miranda. That was expected. Therefore, they forgive his flaws in casting since he's a Latino and went soft on him, especially Ana ( Sunny was a bit more vocal in her criticism, but said it with a mouth full of sugar and a smile on her face. Not the furrowed brow and anger in her voice she uses for other strikes against her community.). 

This only points to the question:  If it was a Caucasian who directed the same movie with the same results, would they be forgiving and play softball with the criticism ?  Would Ana ask everyone to 'cut him some slack' and explain it's a musical, not a documentary or a Benneton ad ?   Not in a million years. 

What they didn't disclose today on the show was that the movie was a box-office bomb this weekend. It was projected to do $20M opening weekend, and instead came in at a disappointing $11.5M. I don't think WB studios is too happy with this (The musical had a budget of $55M which means it has to make $110M at the box office to be profitable and cover production expenses plus added on promotion and advertising expenses. " A Quiet Place" in it's third week at the box-office came in number one, beating 'In The Heights' debut at the box-office.).  Ana and Sunny better promote this movie to the Latinx community to fill those theater seats quickly!  

BTW: Notice they didn't include Joy or Sara in this conversation at all ? Just Whoopie, Ana and Sunny - and then a commercial break. 

Until tomorrow....

Edited by tableau vivant
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, tableau vivant said:

There was an awful lot to chew on today with 'The View', but here's what struck me the most:

"Bennifer":

Sunny and the rest of them seemed so tickled and delighted that the two of them are back together. On the other hand, their friend Wendy WIlliams is much more realistic - she's been saying for weeks Lopez and her children deserve better than a man who is addicted to alcohol and gambling. I agree with Wendy. (WW also pointed out how 'staged' that PDA was this weekend, for the paparazzi to take photos). I believe it was Ana who said how cute they were together years ago, and then they 'broke up for some reason'.  The reason was very public - "Gigli", the movie which they starred in back in the early 2000s was a box office failure and a critical disaster. JLo was trying to be taken seriously as an actress at the time, and she dumped him when she realized that the repercussions from this movie (and their relationship) would damage her aspiring film career. Affleck was an Oscar winner by that point and didn't have much riding on this one film. She had everything riding on it (movie-careerwise) and couldn't afford the negative publicity and ridicule. 

"In The Heights" : 

Of course, Ana, Whoopi and Sunny just loved this movie by the 'amazing' Lin Manuel Miranda. That was expected. Therefore, they forgive his flaws in casting since he's a Latino and went soft on him, especially Ana ( Sunny was a bit more vocal in her criticism, but said it with a mouth full of sugar and a smile on her face. Not the furrowed brow and anger in her voice she uses for other strikes against her community.). 

This only points to the question:  If it was a Caucasian who directed the same movie with the same results, would they be forgiving and play softball with the criticism ?  Would Ana ask everyone to 'cut him some slack' and explain it's a musical, not a documentary or a Benneton ad ?   Not in a million years. 

What they didn't disclose today on the show was that the movie was a box-office bomb this weekend. It was projected to do $20M opening weekend, and instead came in at a disappointing $11.5M. I don't think WB studios is too happy with this (The musical had a budget of $55M which means it has to make $110M at the box office to be profitable and cover production expenses plus added on promotion and advertising expenses. " A Quiet Place" in it's third week at the box-office came in number one, beating 'In The Heights' debut at the box-office.).  Ana and Sunny better promote this movie to the Latinx community to fill those theater seats quickly!  

BTW: Notice they didn't include Joy or Sara in this conversation at all ? Just Whoopie, Ana and Sunny - and then a commercial break. 

Until tomorrow....

Maybe they hadn't seen it yet.  Can't really review what you haven't seen.  It would just sound hypocritical.  

• Love 2

6 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

Right, and just because LMM is who he is, it doesn't mean he's infallible.  I'm so happy he took the criticism, thought about it, apologized and promised to do better.

What about the casting.  I'm sure at some point he had to give final say in the casting.  And i bet you all he was looking at was from the creative side.  Can you sing and dance?  Ok do this.  Sing this. Ok you can have the part of X.  And I'm sure LMM didn't once think there was something off. I do not think it was malicious at all. I feel bad for him.  He is going to have to repeat this whole spiel whenever he's being interviewed.  Every flippin time.

• Love 12
(edited)
25 minutes ago, ForumLou said:

What about the casting.  I'm sure at some point he had to give final say in the casting.  And i bet you all he was looking at was from the creative side.  Can you sing and dance?  Ok do this.  Sing this. Ok you can have the part of X.  And I'm sure LMM didn't once think there was something off. I do not think it was malicious at all. I feel bad for him.  He is going to have to repeat this whole spiel whenever he's being interviewed.  Every flippin time.

I get what you are saying but there is deep historical pain in the Afro-Latino communities who are treated like crap in their home countries and it follows them here to the states with it's own history of anti-Blackness.  So I understand where they are coming from since they are Black like me.  Like Sunny said today, it is exhausting and painful to have your Latin heritage question by your own people because you are Black.  Indigenous Latinos are treated the same way as well.  

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

"Bennifer":

I agree with Wendy. Jennifer Lopez needs to give it a break! She just cannot be without a man. Not a good look.

But of course, JLo is a "friend of the show" so they couldn't say anything negative. Hypocrites.

"In The Heights" : 

LMM is another "friend of the show" so they went all saccharine on him. Although, in my opinion, LMM doesn't deserve the negative criticism regarding colorism, I bet you're right that they wouldn't have been so soft with a Caucasian director. Again, hypocrites. 

I'm part of the Latin community and I didn't like it. I was surprised to not having liked it because I love musicals and I read a lot of good reviews about it (although, I was wary of the reviews because I think Hollywood is afraid to talk negatively about LMM and about a film about minorities.)

How is the movie supposed to make money? I saw it free on HBO Max!

26 minutes ago, ForumLou said:

Maybe they hadn't seen it yet.  Can't really review what you haven't seen.  It would just sound hypocritical.  

I they they are hypocritical quite often. 

15 minutes ago, ForumLou said:

I wish everything didn't have to viewed with a critical eye. Just watch the movie and enjoy it, or not. Leave LMM alone.  Hamlet was a work of art and all the founding fathers were portrayed by African Americans!

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Jennifer Lopez needs to give it a break! She just cannot be without a man. Not a good look.

It's obviously that JLo doesn't care about how it "looks" to anyone.  She's said many times on several entertainment/talk shows that she's "in love with (being in) love". And if that means having a man at her side all the time, that's her prerogative.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Hamlet was a work of art and all the founding fathers were portrayed by African Americans!

I know you meant Hamilton and not Hamlet, but this is my favorite typo of the day!

10 hours ago, Blissfool said:

I wish everything didn't have to viewed with a critical eye. Just watch the movie and enjoy it, or not. Leave LMM alone. 

No one is above criticism, and everyone can do better.  I love the way LMM handled this.  What a great example.

• Love 9
13 hours ago, catlover79 said:

We all know how infamous her father's temper was, so I guess it isn't surprising. What is surprising to me is that ABC gives her pass after pass after pass. She never learns.

She thrives on having someone to be angry at and someone to blame.

I totally think the Bennifer reunion is a publicity stunt.  The press coverage had dried up on J-Lo after her breakup a few months ago.  I think she called up Ben and he agreed to have a faux romance.  I have no doubt the pap photos are all planned and phoned in ahead of time.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
15 hours ago, tableau vivant said:

"In The Heights" : 

Bold mine--I hadn't noticed that. I suppose it's because Miranda works with Disney and so the network wanted them to be careful in how this story was discussed in order to protect him.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, MsTree said:

It's obviously that JLo doesn't care about how it "looks" to anyone.  She's said many times on several entertainment/talk shows that she's "in love with (being in) love". And if that means having a man at her side all the time, that's her prerogative.

Jennifer Lopez can live her life any way she chooses but when she moves from one serious relationship to another serious relationship it makes it seem like the relationships aren't all that serious.

Sunny said she thinks Ben is Jennifer's person.  I'm sure that is something their kids would just love to hear.  All this talk about how wonderful it is they found each other again and they are soulmates always leaves out the fact they each married other people and had children with them.  And if not for Ben's drinking he might very well still be married to Jennifer Garner. 

42 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

I totally think the Bennifer reunion is a publicity stunt.  The press coverage had dried up on J-Lo after her breakup a few months ago.  I think she called up Ben and he agreed to have a faux romance.  I have no doubt the pap photos are all planned and phoned in ahead of time.

If a celeb wants to keep their love affair private they do.  This couple clearly wants everyone to know about it. When this couple crashes and burns which I'm sure they will I want to hear Sunny say "I guess they weren't meant to be."

• Love 10
48 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

EDIT: Ninja'd. Aaaand Joy just let her know. "Happy to correct you." LOL

How I cackled at that line. 

There's something about Michael Bolton that reminds me of Christopher Reeve for some reason.  But is he ever monotone. 

• Love 5
(edited)
15 hours ago, tableau vivant said:

"Bennifer":

Sunny and the rest of them seemed so tickled and delighted that the two of them are back together.

Actually, only Sunny and Sara seemed to be overjoyed--as if these two were their children or something. It was clear to me, from the look on Whoopi and Joy's faces that they couldn't care less. Can't recall if Ana was jumping for joy.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, ForumLou said:

You mean the movie ?  If those three hadn't watched it yet, they should have never given it such a positive spin, and given LMM an @ss-kissing'. That's hypocritical. 

I, too, was looking forward to this movie (I hadn't seen the musical on B'way). I figured it would be a fun, exciting musical - something we can really use right now. Instead, it was an over-blown, over-produced musical like 1978's "The Wiz". Too many stories and characters to follow, which became one big mess.  

As for HBOMax interfering with the box-office, just the opposite has taken effect with other big-budget films such as 'WW84' and "Kong vs Godzilla" .  Those who saw it on HBOMAX went to the theater the same weekend to see it on the BIG screen.  In this case, those who saw it on MAX (like me) thought once was enough, and those who were heading out the the theaters this weekend - including the LatinX community - chose to buy tix to 'A Quiet Place' instead. I think LMM and WB failed in their marketing campaign to the LatinX community. If this doesn't earn it's budget back to at least make it 'break even' (not even profitable), LMM and other directors are going to have an up-hill battle trying to get more films directed to the LatinX community made.  It's an interesting, pivotal time in Hollywood (IMO). 

(Keep in mind, Spielberg's eagerly anticipated remake of 'West Side Story' gets released at the end of the year.) 

I wonder if In The Heights didn't do well at the box office not because it's a Latino movie but because it's a musical.   Musicals can be a tough sell.   Broadway is one thing but the big screen is different.   Not everyone myself included like musicals.  I like Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling and had zero interest in watching their movie La La Land.

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:
14 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Hamlet was a work of art and all the founding fathers were portrayed by African Americans!

I know you meant Hamilton and not Hamlet, but this is my favorite typo of the day!

A great idea, though! LMM - think about making a multicultural musical Hamlet. It worked for Romeo & Juliet / West Side Story. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

I wonder if In The Heights didn't do well at the box office not because it's a Latino movie but because it's a musical.   Musicals can be a tough sell.   Broadway is one thing but the big screen is different.   Not everyone myself included like musicals.  I like Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling and had zero interest in watching their movie La La Land.

Same.  Not a fan.  It's not something I admit to often though because for some reason, when you say you don't like musicals, it's as bad as saying you hate puppies to some people, I have learned.  😬  I'm sorry!

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

So many reasons it didn't do well:

• Post-pandemic fears about going to a movie theater
  • No star quality
  • It's a musical
  • It's not based on a great musical, just a good musical
  • Free on HBO Max

I saw it in an AMC theater (Dolby Sound and reclining chairs) with friends, some of us loved it.  Some of us, including me, liked it.  It sure wasn't Moulin Rouge or Chicago, both of which I saw several times in the theaters.  The theater was not even a third full.  I knew it wasn't going to be a hit.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Me too.  And J-Lo has a long history of such stunts to get publicity or to try to make her most recent exfiance or exboyfriend jealous.

• Love 4

I usually barely listen to Whoopi but I clapped my hands when she spoke about (paraphrasing here) if we have less children then we should take better care of the children we do have....and also about pro-choice control over our bodies. Well said and harkens back to an earlier Whoopi. Remember when she and Joy walked out on Bill O’Reilly or putting Elisabeth in her place on gay marriage and reproductive rights.....check out some early shows on You Tube!  Today I say yay to Whoopi!

• Love 13
23 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

I would agree it's less because it's "a Latino movie" and more it's a musical that isn't part of the cultural landscape despite being a Broadway hit.   It's more "wanna see what Lin Manuel did before Hamilton?"  And I think the same day release in theaters/free on HBO Max doesn't work well for a movie that isn't part of a franchise/"event film."  This may draw some comparisons to the remake of West Side Story that's coming soon.  Rita Morena who is a producer on WSS defended In The Heights last night on Colbert. 

15 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Me too.  And J-Lo has a long history of such stunts to get publicity or to try to make her most recent exfiance or exboyfriend jealous.

I shook my head when I heard that Bennifer part 1 was "back."  It's the 20th anniversary of Gigli no one asked for.  I don't mind J Lo overall but 3 months ago she was putting out a press release about her relationship with A Rod. I was like "it is your life.  You can take a break for a bit of time for yourself." Same goes for him especially for his sobriety.

• Love 4

Meghan McCain on Twitter: "Feeling under the weather since last Thursday (not covid!) and did my best to rally today - I know Russia isn’t in the G7 and apologized for my error on air. Had a brain fart. Would be nice if we could give the tiniest bit of grace for something small. Not the end of the world." / Twitter

Wow, she wants people to give her grace when she screws up.

season 6 netflix GIF by Gilmore Girls

She followed that tweet with this one:

Meghan McCain on Twitter: "And on a side note if anyone has some summer cold remedies that are holistic would love to hear it! Having a really hard time shaking this one! 🙏🏻" / Twitter

And of course she is getting creamed for both tweets. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Axie said:

Meghan is not just sick.  She is very  sick.  This show is getting tiresome.

Yeah.  Why couldn’t she just say sorry I misspoke (like a normal person) instead of repeating her “apology” and making an excuse.  

i always thought Bolton looked a bit plastic.  Weird dating show.  

• Love 9
(edited)

So many reasons it didn't do well:

• Post-pandemic fears about going to a movie theater
  • No star quality
  • It's a musical
  • It's not based on a great musical, just a good musical
  • Free on HBO Max

I saw it in an AMC theater (Dolby Sound and reclining chairs) with friends, some of us loved it.  Some of us, including me, liked it.  It sure wasn't Moulin Rouge or Chicago, both of which I saw several times in the theaters.  The theater was not even a third full.  I knew it wasn't going to be a hit.

Yet there are so many reasons it should have done well.

The target audience LMM was going after (the LatinX community) just didn't buy tickets for the movie. It's as simple as that.  It's a huge audience of all ages in the LatinX community which regularly goes to the movies  (from 'tweens to senior citizens) and they bought tickets to other movies instead of this one. THAT is what Sunny and Ana should have discussed: Why ? Why didn't LatinX support LMM ? 

ETA: Here's a link to a Variety report which explains why HBOMAX had nothing to do with 'In the Heights' flopping at the box office this weekend. What they report is very interesting about the movie, and how much it needs to make back ($200M !) for it to be profitable.  Ana and Sunny should really be pushing this film every chance they get to their community, rather defending LMM for his flaws in casting...

https://variety.com/2021/film/box-office/in-the-heights-box-office-hbo-max-1234995410/

Edited by tableau vivant
  • Love 2

MeAgain's faux pax re Russia being in the G7 is getting lots of headlines in the online media, including that Joy said she was happy to correct her! This is one of the few times MeAgain is not retweeting her media coverage, which she clearly strives for. I am sure she thought they would pick up on her expert analysis of Russia and her critique of Biden

Drew Barrymore Oops GIF by NETFLIX

• LOL 10
  • Love 6
16 minutes ago, bannana said:

Meghan McCain on Twitter: "Feeling under the weather since last Thursday (not covid!) and did my best to rally today - I know Russia isn’t in the G7 and apologized for my error on air. Had a brain fart. Would be nice if we could give the tiniest bit of grace for something small. Not the end of the world." / Twitter

Wow, she wants people to give her grace when she screws up.

season 6 netflix GIF by Gilmore Girls

She followed that tweet with this one:

Meghan McCain on Twitter: "And on a side note if anyone has some summer cold remedies that are holistic would love to hear it! Having a really hard time shaking this one! 🙏🏻" / Twitter

And of course she is getting creamed for both tweets. 

I haven't watched today. I did go to Twitter to read the comments after i saw your post😄😄😄😄. People are absolutely loving throwing "grace" back in her face😁. I'll watch the show later, I love when Joy can zing the princess. 

I see you all talking about the heights,  I'm a Latina and love a musical.  And think LMM is talanted and has done so much for add diversity, I think he will take the criticism use it to help him in upcoming decisions. However,  I didnt love The Heights,  I liked it, just didnt love it.  I watched it on HBO max,  I'm not  comfortable going into a movie theater, yet.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Talking about the decrease in population growth, MeAgain reminded us again that she has travelled the world. Not to "humble-brag". 

She also said: "There's a lot of socio-economic issues in this country, like paid family leave, that need to be rectified so that women have more levity and more choices...."

I mean, I guess women would have more levity if they had paid family leave, but ...

princess bride Theatre & Musicals GIF

• LOL 13
  • Love 8

Lol..I can't believe I made that typo. I love HAMILTON so much, I won't even cancel my Disney subscription because I don't want to lose Hamilton. 😄

2 minutes ago, Cozytea said:

I haven't watched today. I did go to Twitter to read the comments after i saw your post😄😄😄😄. People are absolutely loving throwing "grace" back in her face😁. I'll watch the show later, I love when Joy can zing the princess. 

I see you all talking about the heights,  I'm a Latina and love a musical.  And think LMM is talanted and has done so much for add diversity, I think he will take the criticism use it to help him in upcoming decisions. However,  I didnt love The Heights,  I liked it, just didnt love it.  I watched it on HBO max,  I'm not  comfortable going into a movie theater, yet.

Same. Same. Same. Also, I think it's targeted to a very specific audience. Latinos who like musicals. In my personal experience, not too many Latinos fall into that category.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Rainyhawk said:

Yeah.  Why couldn’t she just say sorry I misspoke (like a normal person) instead of repeating her “apology” and making an excuse.  

i always thought Bolton looked a bit plastic.  Weird dating show.  

Yeah i watched the first episode w/ Hannah Brown (still?), and Nicole Byer.  I didn't see the end of Nicole's, so don't know who she picked.  Anyway during the first ep there's a part where MB sings a clue. Well he had that place rock'in!  Everybody was dancing and into it.  Who knew?  Hehee

6 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

McCain thinks Russia should be kicked out of the G7. I would agree except... Russia is already not a member of the G7.

EDIT: Ninja'd. Aaaand Joy just let her know. "Happy to correct you." LOL

The funny part of it is that the "former guy" promised to invite Russia back in to what he called the G8, and to hold the next summit at one of his properties in Florida.

I guess Meghan forgot that he lost.

(edited)
19 hours ago, MsTree said:

True but she has children who are of age watching this.  They spent a couple of years loving and bonding with A-Rod and his children.  So are they now going to do the same with Ben's 3 kids with his ex and what happens when their relationship implodes, they were exes for a reason.  I feel that Jennifer needs to be single for a  bit and just examine herself honestly.

8 hours ago, mtlchick said:

I would agree it's less because it's "a Latino movie" and more it's a musical that isn't part of the cultural landscape despite being a Broadway hit.   It's more "wanna see what Lin Manuel did before Hamilton?"  And I think the same day release in theaters/free on HBO Max doesn't work well for a movie that isn't part of a franchise/"event film."  This may draw some comparisons to the remake of West Side Story that's coming soon.  Rita Morena who is a producer on WSS defended In The Heights last night on Colbert. 

I love Rita Moreno but it bothers me when somebody is trying to minimize someone else's pain because it makes them uncomfortable, in Rita Moreno's case she has the look that is praised in the Latin Community. It is just like when Dark-skinned Black women complain in the Black community how lighter-skinned women are put on a pedestal to their detriment or how  dark-skinned Black women are portrayed as masculine social justice warriors and asexual mammies in the media while Light-skinned women are portrayed as being feminine soft and beautiful.  Dark-skinned Black women are told to shut up because it makes everybody uncomfortable.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 3
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

True but she has children who are of age watching this.  They spent a couple of years loving and bonding with A-Rod and his children.  So are they now going to do the same with Ben's 3 kids with his ex and what happens when their relationship implodes, they were exes for a reason.  I feel that Jennifer needs to be single for a  bit and just examine herself honestly.

Agree and understand what you're saying. But as far as her kids watching this, they are now 13 years old, and seem mature for their age. I have a feeling the ARod breakup was a long time coming, so probably not such a big shock to the kids anyway.

As for exes being exes for a reason, that depends on the exes. Time & maturity can work wonders. And if addictions were part of the original break-up, sometimes that maturity gives them a second chance at love. Not saying it will last forever, but it has worked for some couples. All we can do is wish them the best.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

When I was a single mother I didn't let my son see me with a romantic partner until I knew it was serious. My son was a lot younger than JLo's kids but I still think people shouldn't introduce their kids to people they are dating too soon.  

I have a feeling Jennifer Garner might have something to say about her kids being around daddy's new girlfriend.

• Love 6
16 hours ago, ForumLou said:

Yeah i watched the first episode w/ Hannah Brown (still?), and Nicole Byer.  I didn't see the end of Nicole's, so don't know who she picked.  Anyway during the first ep there's a part where MB sings a clue. Well he had that place rock'in!  Everybody was dancing and into it.  Who knew?  Hehee

She picked the cutest guy - bachelor #2. When he turned the corner to meet her, I think he had no idea who this 'celebrity' was - just like I didn't know (although what little I did see of her, I did like her very much).  I'm really not certain what prompted Bolton to take this thankless job on the show. He sits like a corpse, and then tries to warble a few notes in between as the others use him for target practice on lame jokes.